[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ever notice how the most evil people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
File: Benito-Mussolini.jpg (73 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
Benito-Mussolini.jpg
73 KB, 640x427
Were atheists? Why is that?

>Mussolini regarded his time at a religious boarding school as punishment, compared the experience to hell, and "once refused to go to morning Mass and had to be dragged there by force.

>Mussolini regarded his time at a religious boarding school as punishment, compared the experience to hell, and "once refused to go to morning Mass and had to be dragged there by force.
>>
>>78203611
>Mussolini would become anti-clerical like his father. As a young man, he "proclaimed himself to be an atheist[168] and several times tried to shock an audience by calling on God to strike him dead."[166] He believed that science had proven there was no god, and that the historical Jesus was ignorant and mad. He considered religion a disease of the psyche, and accused Christianity of promoting resignation and cowardice.[166]
>>
File: 225px-Kim_Il_Sung_Portrait-2.jpg (13 KB, 225x284) Image search: [Google]
225px-Kim_Il_Sung_Portrait-2.jpg
13 KB, 225x284
>>
File: 554df4ed4ed4.jpg (12 KB, 276x300) Image search: [Google]
554df4ed4ed4.jpg
12 KB, 276x300
>>
I never knew Mussolini was so based
>>
>>78203611
Empathy is correlated with faith
>>
>>78204415
Its the opposite actually. People who dont believe in higher power help more because believers just pray. You can check studies done on this subject.
>>
File: stalin.jpg (28 KB, 287x490) Image search: [Google]
stalin.jpg
28 KB, 287x490
>>78203611
>>78203807
>>78203843
bitch pls!
>>
>>78203611
Atheists tend to be more logical and calculating. This leads some of them to believing that the ends justify the means. As a Christian, I believe no one is evil, and even these dictators wanted to make society better for as many as possible.
>>
>>78203611
Because every "religious" leader you care to mention was and is an atheist. They just used organized religious groups to give them wealth and power.
>>
Fear of eternal damnation actually does a good job of keeping would-be evildoers in check. Not all, but a decent amount.
>>
File: jesus-nailed-on-cross.jpg (116 KB, 1004x1238) Image search: [Google]
jesus-nailed-on-cross.jpg
116 KB, 1004x1238
i like christian art
>>
>>78205702
>As a Christian, I believe no one is evil, and even these dictators wanted to make society better for as many as possible.

what the hell. i'm an atheist but man you are doing the moral fortitude of christianity a disservice and selling it quite short with that statement.
>>
File: 1405196380903.gif (2 MB, 400x299) Image search: [Google]
1405196380903.gif
2 MB, 400x299
>>78203611

AND MEEEEEE!
>>
>>78206411
I dont think you understand how it's been justified over the centuries
>>
>>78203611

>Implying your examples are evil people and not just ruthlessly efficient ones

>Implying Christians are good people when they're literally just trying to stay on their Santa's nice list and don't actually have real morals
>Implying millions of them didn't commit gruesome acts in the name of their god throughout history despite this
>>
>>78203611

Still, he used an catholic medal around his neck, admired Dom Bosco, and later in his life became more linked to religion. He even said that no one should read his book "The Cardinal's Mistress" because it was plain childish anticlericalism. There's a book called "Mussolini's religious conversion". If I recall, some weeks before he was murdered he confessed to a priest.

Sometimes people quote thoughts from personalities in their 20's as something they mantained for the rest of their lives...
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.