[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HSBC believes Brexit is very unlikely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: hsbc_1015660b.jpg (66 KB, 620x388) Image search: [Google]
hsbc_1015660b.jpg
66 KB, 620x388
HSBC has paid a polling firm to do an unpublished national survey to gain edge on competitor firms on currency trading on the days leading up to the Brexit vote.

HSBC believes based on the private, unpublished survey results, the likelihood of Brexit is very low, and is betting heavily on the Pound.
>>
Translation: the fix is in.
>>
>>78201693
>We find Brexit won't happen
>So we're betting in favor of the Pound

Uhh.. What?
>>
>>78201693
I work at a hedge fund. We have also conducted a private poll and concur, that Brexit is unlikely to happen. We have already placed big bets on the pound. Thank fuck for liquid currency markets. However, Brexit probability is highly sensitive to turnout, so will unwind some positions tomorrow depending on turnout statistics.
Our polling agent surveyed a lot more than just a few thousand people and over a window covering different newsflow points in time, so I'm fairly confident on the statistical robustness of the poll.
>>
>>78202555
>relying on surveys
>actually placing directional trades on a high vol event

Enjoy bankruptcy faggot
>>
>>78202134
If Brexit happens, the British financial sector will shit itself short-term. Financial markets love certainty, and Brexit offers very little of that.
>>
>>78202703

That's what event driven hedge funds do, but I wouldn't expect you to know about uncorrelated sources of return.
>>
>>78202936
Actually only pension funds love certainty. Banks, traders, hedge funds (which are usually market neutral, or at least try to have uncorrelated alpha) all prefer volatility as it is easier to make money in volatile markets.
The last few years have been suffocating with the low volatility leading to the proliferation of index funds and smart beta strategies. Time for alpha to come back.
>>
>>78203250
So basically boomers are ruining the entire world as usual?
>>
>>78203250
Only the bank's trading units like volatility.

The rest of the bank is fucked in high volatility.
>>
>>78202936

Financial markets love certainty, but they love growth more. They are different sides of a coin. Economic security is codeword for stagnant growth, as we've seen in Europe for a long time, growth only occurs when you make a gamble. Any short term market dive will be replaced by long term growth.
>>
>>78201693
>Have Some Black Cock
>>
>>78202943
These faragefags know shit about anything, don't waste your time. GBP already spoke.
>>
>>78202936
>Financial markets love certainty, and Brexit offers very little of that.
Whereas if they stay in the EU they're certain to have further economic decline. You're like a guy who says "No it's suicide to get on the lifeboats just because the ship is sinking, we've got no idea what's out there!"
>>
File: 131431114.jpg (48 KB, 1203x233) Image search: [Google]
131431114.jpg
48 KB, 1203x233
>>78201693

Hmmm.
>>
>>78201693
source : your arse
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.