[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the purpose of life?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
It's a period of probation.
A test.
To see if you're worthy to live in the presence of God the Father, His Son Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit.
That's what the Great Day of Judgement is all about.
It's Graduation Day for some and Expulsion for others.
Good luck everyone on your test scores!!
>>
>>78120333
>implying God would hold tryouts for heaven
>>
Why would an all-knowing being need to have a probation period to see if you're worthy? Wouldn't he know beforehand? Can God not see the future?
>>
>having imaginary friends
>believing in thousands year old fairy tales
>needing a book to dictate your morality
>>
>>78120946
>Can God not see the future?
Apparently not
>>
>>78120946
I'm just a person that speculates but my intuition is that it's basically like God left the classroom but you don't know he has a camera. He wants to see what you do when you think it doesn't matter.
>>
more like a mistake that was then given a purpose that turned out to be a mistake and never wanting to admit defeat it was put on the back burner justifying it by saying "it takes time"
>>
>>78120946
Free will. He has to give you the chance to fail or else he's just masturbating.
>>
>>78121608
Except that the teacher in this simile already knows exactly what's going to happen and is wasting everyone's time by not just cutting to the chase. Furthermore, the teacher created the students to do exactly what they do. Further further, the teacher intends to punish the misbehaving students for having been created by him with the ability and will to misbehave, when he damn well could have just not done so.

The teacher is a rather sadistic son of a bitch, isn't he?
>>
>>78120333
What's the point of an after life?
>>
>>78120333
literal autism
>>
>>78121825
Free will can not exist in a system with an omnipotent creator. Why is this so hard for you retards to understand?
>>
>>78120333
Life is life. You just exist. Why is there 7 billion people on this planet? There just is. Our life expectancy is 100 something. You're given just roughly 100 years in this physical world, use them well.

If you want to know why you're here, why the sky is blue, why you think and live the way you do; you obviously haven't found or given yourself a purpose yet.

I live because my family needs me. If I hadn't existed, things would still have unfolded the way they did because my grandma would still have smoked, my mom would still have gotten hurt at her job, my sister would still have moved out and so on. The Butterfly Effect is relative. Shit still went south. But the make or break difference would be that if I wasn't here, my mom wouldn't have made it this far. I'm her pillar.

Everyone has a purpose, a part to play. Don't ask why.
>>
>>78122167
Why?
>>
>>78121853
Sadistic only if you can't extrapolate beyond short-term ends
>>
>>78120961
>what is morality
>uh, it's just what I've been told
yeah, bravo cuck. atheism is a self-defeating ideology.
>>
>>78122409
Well, let's try using our thinking brains for a bit.
If there is an omnipotent creator who knows everything and has known everything since the beginning of time can we meaningfully say that we make choices? Or is anything we do simply done because we were made to do these things?
>>
>>78120333
You fail if you are only good for fear or punishment and seeking reward. For example, being religious.
>>
>>78122724
If I look into the past and see a choice someone has made, does that remove the agency of that person?
If I observe the choice someone is making in the present, does that prevent free will?
How is that any different from me stepping into a time machine and going to see what choices people made with their free will?
>>
>>78120333
nice trinity trips
however, if God is all knowing, the outcome of these tests is known to him
there is literally no reason to go through with them except God's sadistic pleasure
>>
And how do we test your claims? What would falsify them?
>>
>>be god
>>work for everythinginclusive inc.
>>in charge of creating everything
>>section 37G dimension 17762
>>have no clue how you got there
>>have no clue how you know everything you know
>>spend millions of years creating
>>fucking BORING
>>simpsonsyoubelongtomeforever.jpg
>>still have no idea why or who you are besides god and must create all and follow rules ghostmode no traces impact only.
>>eventually find loophole
>>create beings that can create/become god
>>it works
>>guy that hired you comes back into the room
>>leads you out
>>you are given options
>>live as human with no memory live as human with memory as animal etc
>>the only thing you ever really learned is that everything is pointless and who the fuck was that boss guy if i was god?
>>
>>78120333
Implying life has a purpose

Shit happens : the most philosophic accurate statement ever made
>>
>>78120333
What a failure of understanding your own religion.

God makes no tests. He knows all answers that will ever be. There is no point testing something when you know the results.

The purpose of life is to prove a point. God wants to prove a point HE knows to be true, but that Satan does not.

Our existence is nothing more than a way for the all father to show his favorite son what he already knows, but which the son is ignorant of, so resells.

It's a family spat.

>father, why did you create these pieces of shit and why do you give them more attention and love than you gave me or my siblings?
>you must understand, my son. They exist so that my eternal love may shine as a beacon against the Eternal void
>that's gay and I hate that, so I'm gonna do everything I can to corrupt them so they never shine as a beacon of you, for I now see you as unfair and ambivalent
>do as you will my son, but it shan't be here, upon my holy light. I shall cast you down, below the world of men, that you may punish the souls of the wicked, and should you choose to spread wickedness as well, so be it
>okay lalalallala*thousands of years of Humanity ebbing and flowing between light and dark*
>culminating in the most mass of corruption and evil we've ever experienced at the end of the world
>Satan corrupts and gathers his army of the corrupted to turn the world to dark
>gets fucked by Jesus' return as was always meant
>you see, my son, it is pointless to rebel against me
>that is my message to the universe. There may be eternal dark, it may be powerful and it may corrupt, but in the end my eternal light shines bright, so rebel of you must, accept evil if you choose, but you remember, it all comes back to me and my love for you, regardless of all
>proceeds to go to hell and save everyone there who's actually sincerely repentant since they were chucked into Hellfire
>does an eternal jig
>>
>>78122934
You're intentionally only looking at one part of the situation, the knowing. Yes, knowing what will happen doesn't mean you caused those things to happen. The CREATING EVERYTHING is the other important part of this scenario.
>>
>>78124636
Creation is only the causation if you believe that everything is deterministic and humans are deterministic machines. If so, then yeah, even if god didn't have foresight there would be no free will.

In my belief, the reason why he gives us our agency is that we are free actors. Like him, we can make choices (either for good or evil). Our biology is deterministic based on newtonian physics, but our souls are the free willed agents that modify those actions.

The purpose isn't just that he can judge us. The purpose is for our soul to grow and make good choices.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.