[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
While I do agree with a citizen's right to own guns, why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 8
File: america guns.jpg (42 KB, 480x293) Image search: [Google]
america guns.jpg
42 KB, 480x293
While I do agree with a citizen's right to own guns, why is /pol/ against suspected terrorists being banned from buying guns?

Even the NRA is fine with this measure(provided the government does a better job of not placing innocents on any terror watch lists).
>>
SHALL
>>
>>78070362
NOT
>>
>>78069947
How do they implement this system you leaf

>TFW no answer
>>
>>78070430
AMMENDMENT
>>
yeah it's a great idea

let the government keep a list of terrorists (let's just call them dissidents that's easier) and then all those people that get put on there without any due process are denied their constitutionally guaranteed rights

it's a good thing that there are zero islamic dissidents because islam is a religion of peace and islamic dissidents don't exist ever but we can still keep the nation safe from those pathetic white trash disgusting ew middle america oh my god south of jew york city GROSS GET THE GUNS GET THEM TAKE THEM STOP

If you can't see why the idea of "watchlist" bans is a horrible idea, just fuck off from the discussion. You're too retarded to participate.
>>
>>78069947
no due process
If you oppose the government in a non-violent way you shouldn't be restricted.
The point is to be able to resist tyranny, the government could just use its new fuck you card to disarm you.
Could potentially indicate to terrorists who think they're not suspected that the feds are on to them.

Won't stop shit, if you're a terrorist you know how to get a fucking gun without going to a dealer.
>>
>>78069947
buy a gun leafy, Canadians owning guns is pretty based https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clhRiP8IyuU
>>
>>78069947
We could also apply this to the first ammendment too. Wouldn't that be awesome?

Then when Trump becomes President, he can add those who dissent out of """Patriotic Duty""" to the list arbitrarily and we can finally get liberals to shut the fuck up.
>>
>>78069947
You can't possibly mean the no-fly list. I'm on the no fly list. No explanation why, no explanation for how to get off it. Horrible metric, honestly.
>>
>>78070617
>>78070763
But if there's someone with serious links to ISIS or AL-Qaeda, I definitely wouldn't be comfortable with them being able to buy guns.
>>
>>78069947
I think the problem is how retardedly easy it is to accidentally become a suspected terrorist and how there isn't much you can do to get off of it.

The whole deal needs to be overhauled to specifically mention that Muzzies don't get guns.
>>
>>78069947
>why is /pol/ against suspected terrorists being banned from buying guns?

because just because you are "suspected" of something does not mean you are guilty.
should i be able to suspect my neighbor of terrorism and have them taken to jail?
>>
>>78069947
Are you shitting me?

We just lost the 4th amendment.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/15pdf/14-1373_83i7.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwjXjYOY77nNAhWGgj4KHSYuCX4QFgghMAM&usg=AFQjCNFKAHXaUafrPVb3bfpIJI2XSNNxGQ&sig2=TXOkwqc3v0vPMqE0F9TQGg

Shall not be infringed.
>>
>>78071214
They have a thing for scary lists and data mining lately.

I can see them harassing people with views they don't agree with, trying to make them pissed enough to get arrested for resisting arrest.

There's already a program that determines a suspects threat level before a traffic stop.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/the-new-way-police-are-surveilling-you-calculating-your-threat-score/2016/01/10/e42bccac-8e15-11e5-baf4-bdf37355da0c_story.html

This is thought crime, and kinda why I'm freaking out a little.
>>
>>78071058
>But if there's someone with serious links to ISIS or AL-Qaeda, I definitely wouldn't be comfortable with them being able to buy guns.

then bring them up on charges and put them in jail if they are found guilty
>>
>most Americans agree blah blah blah
>even the NRA thinks blah blah blah
>this former marine says citizens blah blah blah

IRRELEVANT. THE GOVERNMENT SHALL NOT INFRINGE ON OUR RIGHTS

IF YOU SUPPORT GUN CONTROL, YOU ARE WRONG
>>
>>78071329
>https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/the-new-way-police-are-surveilling-you-calculating-your-threat-score/2016/01/10/e42bccac-8e15-11e5-baf4-bdf37355da0c_story.html

thats actually a good idea. and completely legal
>>
>>78070617
>let the government keep a list of terrorists (let's just call them dissidents that's easier) and then all those people that get put on there without any due process are denied their constitutionally guaranteed rights

patriot act
>>
>>78071058
They wouldn't be buying the guns, they'll get them other ways.
>>
>>78071452
>>78071856
>>
>>78071842
"Congress just passed a landmark bill that removes the second Amendment rights for people who's threat level is high."

The slippery slope is real. No due process.
>>
File: 1354576347471.jpg (7 KB, 241x267) Image search: [Google]
1354576347471.jpg
7 KB, 241x267
>>78071856
>>78072041
>he defended the 2nd amendment so he must also support shithead neocon expansionist government

ur really fuckin dumb and i'm just gonna attribute it to ur apparent country of origin :)
>>
>>78072041
>>78071856
>/pol/ supports the patriot act

every day you go out of your way to spew falsehoods
>>
>>78069947

>why is /pol/ against suspected terrorists not being to buy guns?

You're kidding right? According to the executive branch of our government every single person who has visited /pol/ is a suspected terrorist for not endorsing the narrative.

You really want to give these government shits that unchecked power?

You trust Loretta Lynch to protect your rights and defend your family?
>>
>>78072082
>"Congress just passed a landmark bill that removes the second Amendment rights for people who's threat level is high."

they can pass any bill they want. the Constitution does not grant rights. they are rights you are born with, endowed unto you by your Creator. the government cannot take them away. they can try to deny you that right, but do not let them
>>
File: BernieBrother.png (79 KB, 527x275) Image search: [Google]
BernieBrother.png
79 KB, 527x275
>>78072824
They're not even calling people terrorists anymore, just "potential terrorists"

https://theintercept.com/2016/06/21/democrats-war-on-due-process-and-terrorist-fear-mongering-long-pre-dates-orlando/
>>
>>78069947
>suspected
thats the fucking problem
probably at least 1/4 of us would be considered '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''suspected''''''''''''''''''''''''''' terrorists
and who gets to define that anyway
the no fly list also has children and senators on it.
>>
>>78073002
How do you stop a methodical, and legally protected way of disarming those who have a different opinion?

"He might have smoked weed once. No knock raid incoming."
>>
>>78069947
Next step:
>anyone who doesn't agree with me is a terrorist.

And it's way simpler to just ban Muslims from owning guns.
>>
>>78069947
It's wrong to strip someone of their constitutional rights without due process, is why.
>>
>>78073221
>senators

This I would love to see a citation of.
>>
>>78071058
>I definitely wouldn't be comfortable with them being able to buy guns.

You don't have the right to feel comfortable
>>
>>78073221
lets be honest

Given how radically right wing and reactionary /pol/ is, at least 1/4 of you deserve to be on the terrorist watch list.
>>
>>78072432
>>78072654
Not implying you support patriot act, but i don't see you guys do anything about it. The "repressive, totalitarian" regime you so dreaded about was almost real. Yet you did nothing, not even when it was renewed. Several times
>>
>>78073903
Define "deserve."

Then, define the criteria used to place someone on the list.

>you can't, that's the problem.
>>
>>78069947
So have they already discovered the Orlando shooter was just a crazy person frustrated by his own homosexual tendencies?

Today in Brussels there was also an """"""ISIS terrorist"""""" with a bomb belt made from cookies.
Crazy people always mirror whatever is on the news.
>>
Shouldn't they start with people on the no fly list being banned from owning boxcutters?

I don't remember any firearms being used during the 911 hijack takeovers.
>>
>>78071058
>Strong ISIS and Al-Queada links
>Difficult for them to get a gun
>>
>>78074001
what does that make you then?
>>
>>78069947
>(provided the government does a better job of not placing innocents on any terror watch lists).
Which cannot be counted on.
Sorry, but relying on the us government to not turn the simplest fuckung thing into a nightmare is ludicrous.
You should also not give power over that you cannot trust your worst enemy with.
>>
>>78069947
So Long As/ thread
>>
File: 1276900786298.jpg (349 KB, 2047x1535) Image search: [Google]
1276900786298.jpg
349 KB, 2047x1535
>>78069947

The no fly list and terrorist watch list are easy to get on and there is no vetting process. Once you are on it there is no way to get off. I am for what you are saying but we must have some sort of way to prevent good people from getting on the list and a way to get said people off the list as well. until that happens I am against it.
>>
File: 1395296940012.jpg (112 KB, 835x720) Image search: [Google]
1395296940012.jpg
112 KB, 835x720
>>78069947
No due process. The government can put you on the list because of stuff like your facebook posts seem suspicious. It's a weird world we live in when due process is being called a terrorist loophope.
>>
Never give up your rights.

Always defend your rights and everyone else's rights.

Fight against any laws that target certain groups, stripping their rights, even if those groups are in theory the most despicable you can imagine. They can always change the definition and move the target.

You may think you're protecting yourself against terrorists, but you're just giving the state teeth to target anyone it wants. And it WILL target anyone it wants if you allow it to. And it WILL target you.

Never give up your rights.
>>
>>78074999
Checked and clapped.
>>
>>78074206
???
>>
>>78069947
>Even the NRA is fine with this measure(provided the government does a better job of not placing innocents on any terror watch lists).

No. That's simply a lie.

The NRA supported the proposal to give the government three days to demonstrate terrorist ties to a judge.

The problem I have with banning people on the so-called "terrorist watch list" from buying guns is that it's a secret list put together by government functionaries and there's no process for getting people who have been improperly put on the list back off of it.
>>
>>78074024
The only people who actually carry out terrorist attacks are radicals of either spectrum. In this case most of /pol/ are religious/conservative reactionaries who dream about removing gubmint and kebab. So for many people here, i imagine the only preventing them from carrying out terrorist attacks is the fact that we don't live in a state of anarchy.
>>
>>78069947

>Baby Doe was 7-months-old when his boarding pass was first stamped with “SSSS” which indicated to security personnel that he had been designated a “known or suspected terrorist,” the complaint states.

>At airport security the then-infant was searched, patted down and subjected to chemical testing. Every one of his diapers was searched, according to the complaint.

>Baby Does’s parents haven’t been told why their son was put on the watchlist or given an opportunity to contest the designation, the complaint states.
>>
>>78069947
It's easy, just label everyone that owns a gun as a suspected terrorist utilizing false and flimsy evidence at best and then take away guns.
No one trusts the US government, least of all its own citizens
>>
>>78069947
You can be placed on the list for visiting questionable websites, not too big of mystery why this would trouble /pol/ frequenters
>>
>>78069947
There's no judicial oversight with terror watch and No-Fly lists.

Anyone can be put on them, and that means anyone can have their constitutional rights suspended.
>>
>>78076374

You can be place on the list arbitrarily and for absolutely no reason.

There is no one list. It's a collection of lists maintained by different government. There's not a single set of criteria for getting put on the lists.
>>
>>78076708

*different government agencies
>>
>>78076014
More to the point: the us federal government has provided no justification for trusting them.

You literally have to have a cabbage for a brain to trust the us government.
>>
>>78074001
>Not implying you support patriot act, but i don't see you guys do anything about it
>We aren't going out shooting politicians in the streets so we arent doing anything
This is why everyone hates leftist
>>
>>78069947
Such a measure would allow the government to falsely claim that a person is a terrorist in order to strip him of his rights.
>>
>>78073290
>How do you stop a methodical, and legally protected way of disarming those who have a different opinion?
>"He might have smoked weed once. No knock raid incoming."

noncompliance
>>
>>78077005
>>We aren't going out shooting politicians in the streets
Not that drastic. I don't see any meaninfull protests, not even a thread in /pol/. But whatever. It's not like i expected anything better from americans. This place really screwed up my visions and ideas about americans.
>>
>>78078190
Noncompliance doesn't stop them. They plan on noncompliance.
>>
Anybody that trusts a literal Muslim from Africa like Obama to determine who is and isn't a terrorist is just a fucking idiot.
>>
>>78077705
This, and there have been many cases of people being put on the no fly list accidentally and it can years to get off because there is no standardized appeal process.
>>
>>78069947
BECAUSE IN AMERICA YOU ARE INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY IN A COURT OF LAW BY A JURY OF YOUR PEERS
>>
File: 1466540181979.png (249 KB, 580x420) Image search: [Google]
1466540181979.png
249 KB, 580x420
All American citizens have the right to own and bare arms.
Even if they're Muslim.
Even if they're Jewish.
Even if they're a nigger.
Even if they're a mass-murderer.
It is a constitutional right, and should it be infringed it is your duty as a citizen to uphold it in the most brutal way possible; as brutal is the only way these people understand.
>>
>>78071058
Yeah sure in a perfect world they would only go after ISIS and al-Qaeda connections and not use lawyers to pick apart the law and prevent anyone the government doesn't like from getting guns.
>>
>>78069947

Banning by watchlist is the same as banning you entirely. They can just throw you on the watchlist. Good luck getting off it btw.
>>
>>78069947
> why are all rational people opposed to banning "suspected terrorists" from buying guns?

because the govt cant punish you for "suspected" shit.
if there isnt enough evidence for an arrest, then there isnt enough evidence of a crime

also, according to the left, the NRA is a terrorist organization.
therefore wanting to own a gun = suspected terrorist so all guns are now banned! how neat and tidy.

you dont have a free man's legal system in canada, you are still subject to the whims of the crown, so you cant understand what we are at risk of losing.
>>
>suspected terrorist
>lose rights

That's one step from Minority Report. Are you sure you want to cross that moral threshold?
>>
>>78071058
if theres some serious links to daesh or al quaeda they should be in gitmo, getting waterboarded.
>>
>>78069947
> Even the NRA

Not an argument. The NRA does not stand for civil liberties but is only a group of the big gun manufactures.

If you want a group that actually stands for American gun Owners you go to Gun Owners of america (which opposes the reforms).
>>
>>78069947
because revolting against the government would be called terrorism
>>
>>78069947
Pol isn't just a one person
>>
>>78078772
> i dont see any meaningful protests

because most americans dont have a problem with The Patriot Act, just a few radical lefties

most people arent worried that the feds keep a record of their international phone calls (time, date, duration, number called, thats it) because the phone company ALREADY KEEPS A RECORD OF EVERY CALL YOU EVER MADE and the cops have always had the right to subpoena those records

only criminals and paranoid lunatics are worried about the patriot act's slightly looser surveillance rules which ONLY apply to foreign agents, foreigners, and international phone calls.
>>
Foreigners don't get to have my juicy murrican rights.
>>
>>78069947
A little thing called due process, leaf.
It is one of the cornerstones of our constitutional law.
Anyones name can be put on a no fly list and there is no way of getting it off.
Gee maybe the government could come up with another way to track terrorists other than heresay?
Nope.
Then fuck you, democrats.
>>
File: 8oiunsadf4.jpg (21 KB, 265x491) Image search: [Google]
8oiunsadf4.jpg
21 KB, 265x491
>>78069947
>suspected

No due process to deny someone their constitutional rights, too much government power and too many errors with the lists and people who are on there by mistake
>>
>>78071058
Agreed, but I'm more worried why the fuck they're still in the states. They'll get their guns regardless.

Gitmo or gtfo.
>>
Because the FBI can decide that ultra right wing posters, such as what you find on here, can be classified as terrorists.

Insomuch that /pol/ and 4chan in general is at risk of losing their rights for what they say on the internet.
>>
>>78079994
>implying that Omar is a USA citizen because of magic dirt that grants him citizenship upon birth.
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.