[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If we can give hormones and treatment to trannies to help them
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 19
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 960x540
If we can give hormones and treatment to trannies to help them transition to the opposite gender, can't we do the same thing to keep them the gender they already are and make them feel comfortable about it?
>>
>>78022035

That would be [xyz noisy words and name calling].

I think we should beat those perverts and degenerates back into line.
>>
Guy who works in psychology here.

So far there is no way reliable way to make them consider their gender and sex line up, our best bet is to let them transition. It's a tough subject because gender dysphoria is a bitch.
>>
>>78022683

>accepting Body Dysmorphic Syndrom
>using government money to help anyone but the largest fractions of the population

If people want to mutilate themselves they should find their own money to do it with.
>>
>>78022892
Gender dysphoria is a real disorder, body dysmorphia usually refers to weight.
>>
>>78023103

[citation needed]

Also pls no wikijew sources.
>>
>>78023293
Look it up in the DSM-V.
>>
>>78023356

wot?
>>
>>78023550
It's the diagnostic manual for mental illnesses. We're on the 5th one now.
>>
>>78022035
that doesnt work, most tranniies have a normal hormone househould if you give them extra testosterine it will fuck their bodies up.
>>
File: 1466468642944.jpg (4 KB, 250x240) Image search: [Google]
1466468642944.jpg
4 KB, 250x240
>>78023550
>>
>>78023356
>trusting the DSM after they claimed that faggotry is not a mental illness
>stuffing dicks up your bum up to the point of anal prolapse
>normal
hmmmm
>>
File: 5475524.png (16 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
5475524.png
16 KB, 250x250
>>78022683
why not use a sexual realignment device?

pic related is a sexual realignment device
>>
>>78023855
Homosexuality was taken out because it doesn't fit the criteria for mental illness. Yes gay people fought for it, that doesn't mean that they were wrong. There are some basic and agreeable parameters for what constitutes mental illness and being homosexual alone isn't enough to qualify.
>>
>>78023855
should all fetishes then be classified as mental disorders?
>>
>>78022035
There will be gene therapy for this in the future.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biology_and_sexual_orientation
>>
>>78024014
It's more complicated than that. Your own source tells you that it's the genetic basis is shaky and it's a combination of factors, not all of them genetic.
>>
>>78022035
There is a difference between "sex" and "gender" you uneducated troglodytes. Sex is given by your genetics. Gender is what you identify with. And there is a whole spectrum of gender.
>>
>>78023946
Sounds like some weird fetish you're into anon.
>>
I don't think brainwashing is morally correct.
On the other hand I don't support the attention whoring they're currently doing.
>>
>>78024298
>Gender is what you identify with
who made that up?
doesnt sound like people who disregard gender roles
>>
>>78024323
Speaking of weird fetishes: what's with the kikes who are into holocaust roleplay?
>>
Because hormone treatment can't change their brains.
>>
>>78024298
I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I’m fucking retarded but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me “Apache” and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can’t accept me you’re a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding.

realize how retarded the concept of "hurrrdurrr its what i identify as" is?
>>
Why do you retards actually think we REALLY BELIEVE we're females with vaginas and XX chromosomes?

I just like living as a girl, I know I'm biologically a male.

What's the issue?
>>
>>78024298
Kill yourself. Gender Identity is biological, any evolutionary biologist/psychologist or reproductive physiologist could tell you that.
>>
>>78024599
Lol was not aware that's a thing. Sounds like a BDSM type roleplay. Some people like being dominated and degraded during sex.
>>
>>78023960
But it really is... its akin to overeating
>>
File: 1454953614873.jpg (14 KB, 240x198) Image search: [Google]
1454953614873.jpg
14 KB, 240x198
How about we kill them?
Trannies have high suicide rates as it is, and before they kill themself they're a burden on society.
Killing them removes that burden, and it removes an unhappy individual who was only going to suffer anyway.
>>
>>78024010
No, unless acting on it prevents reproduction.
>>
>>78024740
No it's not at all. They're attracted to different people than you.
>>
>>78023946
The handle is a dildo.
>>
>>78024599
gas 'em
i want to fart inside their kike noses
>>
I'll just leave this here

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8839957
>>
>>78024790
so everyone who likes blowjobs is mentally ill?
>>
>>78022035
If we can give hormone treatments to mentally ill trannies, why can't I get additional testosterone treatments because I don't feel masculine enough? It's a double standard.
>>
>>78024756
If we killed people who are a burden of society, than old people, neets and the unemployed would come first
>>
>>78024876
If they refuse to engage in vagina inter course because they only like oral sex, then yes they're mentally ill.
>>
>>78024871
It's a single case which is no where near enough to be begin basing a standard treatment off of. His learning disability likely played a role here as well.
>>
>>78022035
I hold the unpopular opinion that yes, it is a mental illness.
however I think it's actually more the actual attention they get from being 'the unique trans person' playing the big role in it all.
I think if we could identify a way to make them 'comfortable' in their gender, they would just find something equally as stupid as cutting off their genitals to gain attention and feel special.
>>
>>78024969
>i make up my own criteria for mental illness
>>
>>78024969
what if they use condoms
>>
>>78024645
That none of you faggots ever admit to you biological gender because "muh feelings", and your "people's" ridiculous demands that those of us not mentally fucked in the head must change how we act/talk around you while you become exempt from such restrictions.

You're just a bunch of attention seeking faggots who were duped by liberals who are willing to make you feel "special" for your vote, even if this means making it "okay" that you try to follow little girls to the restroom.

You need help, not coddling you fucking twink.
>>
>>78024145
http://www.natureworldnews.com/articles/10443/20141118/homosexuality-genetic-strongest-evidence.htm

Any causal link to a genetics will have a therapy for it soon. Think of it this way:

Schizophrenia = Genetic
Bipolar disorder = Genetic
Homosexuality = Genetic

The fuss over homosexuality not being identified as a "mental disorder" has done more harm than good in research to find a cure/treatment.

Think of it this way. We can prescribe medications to help people with disorders that are still classified as such, but there's no funding to support a treatment for homosexuality because society has been forced to accept it as "natural" or "acceptable".
>>
>go to doctor for having one arm too many
>tell doctor that you always identified as an amputee
>doctor now starts to cut off your fully functional arm

The doctor who did this would lose his license and end up in jail. But it's ok when it's our very sexual identity because gender politics.
>>
>>78022035

Gender doesn't exist. It doesn't exist in animals, therefore it doesn't exist in humans. Only genetic sex is real.
>>
>>78024898
Old people are different because they already worked for the society and deserves good treatment.

Neets and unemployed dont kill themself, and can still be rehabilitated back into society.

A transexual is a ball of unhappiness that will either kill itself or become one of those obnoxious cunts you see on TV all the time.

I say we cull the trannies, and use the funds spent on them to help our old and our unemployed.
>>
>>78023356
>>78023103
According to the DSM They are both real disorders. The difference with treatment is one gives you therapy to accept the body you're in, and the other gives in to your mental illness.
>>
>>78025053
Then they're just douchebags and parasites, not insane.
>>
>>78025115
Everything you mentioned has a genetic component, that doesn't mean genes are the main factor or the only important factor. You can have the genes for schizophrenia and bipolar disorder without coming own with the disorder.

Homosexuality also does not fit the criteria for mental illness, this is very simple.
>>
>>78025139
Glad we cleared that up, now why is it important hillary is running for president again?
>>
>>78023550
>doesn't know what the DSM is
>tries to act smarter than anyone

Someone obviously never went to college because they teach you this in fucking Psych 100.
>>
>>78025038
Common sense m8
>>
Why can trannies get hormones and I can't?

I just want pharma test-e.
>>
>>78025168
They're different conditions that have different treatments. You're oversimplifying this to the point where you're not saying anything of importance.
>>
>>78025189
wow... i guess ur right
>>
How does someone "identifying" as a woman even know how being a woman is like? Just look at all those insane trannies on 4chan who want to be little anime girls.
>>
>>78025409
Exactly brah. It's bullshit.
>>
>>78025378
The criteria is pretty common sense what you're saying isn't. Homosexuality is not a mental illness. I know very content and happy gay people who live normal lives.
>>
>>78025115
>wuh homosexuality is a mental illness
>doesn't fit criteria in the DSM
>WUH IT'S A MENTAL ILLNESS BECAUSE I SAY SO

Fuck off.
>>
>>78025139
Animals have different roles avoiding to sex I guess those are inborn
>>
>>78025559
Maybe if your country actually started treating mental illness as what it is, you wouldn't be slowly dying out.
>>
>>78023960
It was taken out from the list of mental illnesses because the concept of "illness" had socially constructed part - causing suffering. And western societies were more or less already accepting gays at that time.
As soon as we start beating homos into place, the suffering part comes back to homosexuality and then we can call it mental illness again.
>>
>>78025532
Irrelevant. Homosexuality is clearly a mental disorder. If you don't think so you're either stupid or dishonest.
>>
>>78025672
Are you trying to imply homosexuality is our reason for fucking up because if so you're more retarded than you seemed.

The issue Japan is undergoing is related to societal pressures. It has nothing to do with homosexuality. Most Hikki-NEETs are Hikki-NEETs because they have anxiety issues and the like.

Stop trying to sound smart because you obviously aren't.
>>
>>78022035
Are you fucking stupid?

Deficiency in certain hormones is not what causes people to be trannies.
>>
>>78025559
>>78025316

Wow, didn't expect closed minded reactions to simple evidence suggesting a causal link to homosexuality and genetics.

Gene therapy will be a thing. Mental disorders like what I mentioned before will be extinguished. This is good news!

Now I'm genuinely curious as to why you folks are so butt-hurt (no pun intended).
>>
>>78025115
Unfortunately, just like for every other mental illness out there, there is no cure for sodomy, just maybe some medication to control the symptoms.
>>78025708
Finally, a guy that gets it.
>>
>>78025847
Oh yeah getting a dick up your ass and causing anal fissures which leak fecal matter into blood stream causing sepsis and getting your dick covered in shit causing uti is so normal and progressive!
>>
>>78024514
John Money.

A pedo and a guy who got another guy to kill himself
>>
>>78025708
Lol thank you for confirming that the problem is ostracization and not homosexuality itself.

>>78025731
It's not, it doesn't fit the criteria by itself, bottom line.

>>78025969
I didn't say genes didn't play a role, but it's an interaction of factors. As your sources clearly tell you.
>>
>>78022683
How about we measure fetal testosterone levels and consider giving hormones to people who are really in between too genders ?
>>
>>78022683
A guy who works in rainbows and daydreams here. This post is 100% correct and scientific.
>>
>>78026083
I don't care what your Jewish psychology professor said.
>>
>>78025731
>multiple Psychologists come to decide on what a mental illness is
>homosexuality doesn't fit within this
>'you're stupid'

Do you even think before you speak?

>>78026024
That's not what's being argued. You tried to imply that homosexuality had anything to do with Japan's issues in mental health. It doesn't.

>>78025969
That's not what's being argued. I never disagreed with the idea that homosexuality is gene related.
>>
>>78022683
It would be much more appropriate to give them more of the sex hormones for their biological gender.
>>
>>78026186
Again, psychological is a joke of a "science". It was listed as a mental illness for years.
>>
>>78026186
I'm arguing that homosexuality is mental disorder you stupid jap
>>
>>78026245

That does nothing to help them.
>>
>>78026295
I'm not sure if that west the best use of psychological, but I agree with this post.
>>
>>78026165
And you're some random guy on 4chan who thinks he is qualified to talk about a field he doesn't understand.

>>78026164
Interesting, do you think operant and classical conditioning aren't real? Are you unaware of how psychology is applied in our daily lives with meaningful and measurable results?

>>78026088
I mean it's 3 out of 1000 people so most people would see it as a waste to test every single fetus. It's also more than just hormones.
>>
>>78022035
Look up the drug Pimozide,and it's effects on Trannys/people wanting to cross-dress,and if I remember correctly,it has also been used on gays.Pimozide reverses the want or feel to want to be a different gender[believing it].
>>
>>78022683
>Can't find a way to convice them that they're ill
>Might as well encourage them to take radical changes to their body some of whcih are permanent
>Doing so increases their likelihood for depression and suicide but hell how am I going to eat if my patients don't have issues
I pray people like you are thrown over the wall.
>>
>>78025109
>never admit biological sex
> anon admitted biological sex
fuck off burger, believe it or not but a group doesn't always speak for everyone.
>>
>>78026295
>>78026462

Yep. John Hopkins pioneered the original SRS, but now they refuse to do it. There's a reason behind that. There has to be some way to treat the dysphoria, though.
>>
>>78026479
I don't see how you came to that conclusion from my post. Of course I think conditioning is real. That being said, if conditioning makes someone reject facts, reconditioning is in order, not psycho play along time.
>>
Psychology is hardly a science. You mother fuckers just make shit up and change it as you see fit, so I'm not inclined to believe for a second that tranny nutters aren't mentally ill just because it isn't in your arbitrary little manual.
>>
>>78026436
Proof?
>>
File: giveherthed.gif (1 MB, 480x288) Image search: [Google]
giveherthed.gif
1 MB, 480x288
>>78022683
>our best bet is to let them transition
>post-op suicide rate intensifies
>>
>>78026592
A. Gender dysphoria is considered a mental disorder

B. It's the most effective way for treating it that we have

C. It does not increase likelihood of depression and suicide.

Wrong on all counts, know your place.
>>
>>78026693
I don't think you even understand what the field of psychology is.

>>78026800
Source.
>>
>>78025115
but homosexuality doesn't start at birth, the predomiant idea is that it is epigenetic and as a result has a chance of occurring due to a number of variables. Needless to say genes alone do NOT cause homosexuality, it seems to be a mixture of both nature and nurture playing a role.
>>
>>78022683
what about people like me?

I'm a male, now 25, whishes to be female (I don't even like dick only pussy)

I'm not retarded enough to transition, i'm not 12 it will never work

i'll look like a fucking nasty ass dragqueen

i accept the fact i will never be able to properly transition so late in my life

i just want to be comfortable in the skin i'm in
>>
>>78026804
It's funny you're so condescending about a discipline that gets btfo by anyone with common sense and a basic understanding of science.
>>
>>78026762
So in your mind, applying the scientific method to the human mind and behavior has not uncovered any meaningful information, even though it is practically applied across multiple fields. Maybe you should stay in school.
>>
>>78026479
Don't act like psychology is a field of science. It's right up there with acupuncture and homeopathy. What I'm saying, in case your self righteous head is too far up your sanctimonious asshole, is that you're a quack.
>>
File: Macierewicz disapproves.jpg (224 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Macierewicz disapproves.jpg
224 KB, 600x400
>>78022683
Yeah, like when my parents caught me smoking in high school. They tried to make me stop but nothing worked so they were just like lol here's some crack then, have fun.
>>
>>78022683
Yeah, best let them carve up their bodies into macabre imitations of the opposite sex that most people are repulsed by
We should encourage people to engage in other forms of self harm if it makes them feel better too!
>>
>>78025359

>implying I would study a non-degree that someone landed me in a psychology class

top kekkeru

>>78023855

Gender dysphoria disorder sounds like a jewish meme.
>>
File: 1464684885057.jpg (54 KB, 730x484) Image search: [Google]
1464684885057.jpg
54 KB, 730x484
>>78022035
tfw you are in biology class and they only show white people but you remember you are german an this is just a dream
>>
>>78026974
Acupuncture and homeopathy don't use the scientific method.

>>78026978
Comical strawman

>>78026967
It's funny that I just proved you wrong and you are pretending it didn't happen.
>>
>>78027033
What is your suggestion? Do give your plan for treating gender dysphoria.
>>
>>78023855
Being gay is not backed by DSM or ICD, aka the whole world has moved on.
>>
>>78026436
Proof? Because as it seems giving them the drugs they want don't seem to stop the suicides.
>>
>>78027111
I responded to a reply you made to a different poster. You haven't responded to my previous rebuttle. It doesn't make you stupid, just overwhelmed.
>>
>>78027248
Ironic considering that I was referring to you in the first place. You called psychology rainbows and fantasy, I stated the universal acceptance of conditioning and the practical application of psychology and proved you wrong.
>>
>>78026486
>Pimozide

He posted it again, the absolute madman!
>>
>>78027111
The scientific method isn't immune from quackery. Nor does it free a field from bias and politics. This is especially true with social "sciences" where the "data" is often shit and the results highly subjective.
>>
>>78025115
If homosexuality is truly genetic, the way things are going homosexuality should die off within a few generations anyway as they stop reproducing instead of living as closet homosexuals and making children as they've done for centuries.
>>
>>78027150
Your inability to treat defects does not justify letting them run wild, encouraging them, and promoting them among impressionable children. It's like saying we should let psychopaths in prison do the same because there's no way to make them into functioning members of society. Just because there's no pill to fix them or because they refuse therapy, doesn't mean you should let a schizo go free and tell them that they're normal just like us. They aren't, and they never, ever can be.

Some people just deserve to be left behind and blocked out of society due to their genetic shortcomings and their destructive choices in response to those shortcomings.
>>
>>78027446
The point is that it's more than acupuncture because it uses the scientific method and is practically applied across many fields.

Psychology is simply studying the human mind and behavior, and we have discovered meaningful information in that over 100 years of study.
>>
>>78027520
Other people would prefer that we don't kill people or ostracize them because they're different.
>>
>>78026376
You made a post trying to imply that Japan's mental health situation had anything to do with homosexuality you stupid American.

>>78027041
Gen eds you fucking retard.

>>78027446
>quakery

Can you do something else other than adhom attacks? Because I'm about to just leave this thread.
>>
>>78027520
Really you gave no suggestion of treatment, you want to punish them and shun them. Uncivilized and barbaric honestly.
>>
>>78027459
Then why is homosexuality still happing among animals that have been living on the planet for millions of years?
>>
>>78022035
Gender != Sex
>>
>>78023356
>DSM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAHHHHAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>78027869
Yes, if you want to learn about a mental disorder, you should look it up in the diagnostic manual for mental disorders. Surely you're the type of person to go to 4chan for your education though so asking you to use official academic resources backed by evidence and composed by professionals seems ridiculous to you.
>>
>>78027707
Wrong, we love ostracizing people who are dangerous to society. All these pieces of human refuse are doing is encouraging young children and teens who can't possibly make an informed and emotionally stable decision to irreversibly destroy their bodies and their futures.

They are a plague. You cannot change your sex and no amount of belief will change that.
>>
>>78027383
I don't think you understand the concept of proof. Your response of "I don't think you understand what psychology is" doesn't qualify. I understand how frustrated you are right now that you've wasted your life. People who grasp science study science, not psychology, so the field is shit. Then, since there is no foundation of reason, psychology becomes this politicized garbage of a discipline. Now people who don't understand this are getting mutilated and people like you are responsible.
>>
>>78026881
http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0016885

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21266549

Most studies have difficulty finding a valid control group (ethics boards blow up when you restrict the medical options of a cohort just to get good data, the pussies) but most studies find that the high suicide rates of pre-op trannies either remain the same or increase post-op

There is no data that suggests a statistically significant decrease after surgery. You cannot treat a mental condition by surgically altering the genitals, dispite what middle-ages mystics might think.
>>
>>78027111
Nor does psychology.
>>
>>78027459
That's not correct. Dawkins said in "The selfish gene" that homosexuality probably has a genetic factor. Studies have shown that the more kids you have the higher the possibility is that the younger ones turn out gay. He specualted that this might be caused by a tolerance build up to testosterone in the maternal body. Nevertheless if you have multiple children chances are that the "gay" genes can be given to all of them without having any effect. The adaptation that homosexuality offers is that those people won't have kids themselves and will help raising their sibling's children thus increasing their fitness.
>>
>>78028037
I fail to see how trannies are a real danger to society.

>>78028040
The fact that you admitted the existence and usefulness of conditioning shows that you believe psychology is real whether or not you want to admit it.

>>78028102
Yes it does, you'e incorrect.

>>78028068
You have put forth no evidence for it increasing suicide rates.
>>
>>78028001
You legitimately believe this? Every single non-anglophone psychiatric institution in the world thinks the DSM is a bad joke. Give me a break. Generations of psychologists and psychiatrists have had their careers ruined and the entire field of human psychology made to stagnate thanks to that turd called the DSM.
At the very, very, very least, if you must absolutely rely on retard manuals for human psychology then please, please, please use the WHO ICD (which itself is riddled with problems but isn't nearly as bad as that abhorrent crap that is the DSM).
>>
>>78028325
ICD is just as bad as the DSM V or IV. The point is that we need a standardized diagnostic tool for psychiological disorders.

I am not a fan of it either but it's much better than the psychological therapies prior to ICD and DSM
>>
>>78028325
Oh you mean that manual that includes the same diagnoses and disorders?
>>
>>78028257
Sure, I believe in conditioning. I also believe that amputations are effective in some cases. That doesn't mean I accept 19th century medical practices as a whole. Once again, you don't understand proof.
>>
>>78025413
You're not saying fucking anything. You're literally saying "DRUSD ME I AM PSYGOLOGISD :DDD EBIN" and then not actually saying anything of fucking value.

Body dysmorphia and gender dysmoprhia are closely linked, which is why so many body builders end up switching genders; its a constant search to be comfortable in your own body.
>>
>>78023356
You may as well have quoted a source written on toilet paper. Two x chromosomes, female. One x one y, male. All else is transgendered. You can fabricate imaginary definitions all you want, it doesn't change the truth.
>>
>>78028495
You claimed psychology was rainbows and fantasy, then in your next post you admitted the existence and practicality of behavioral conditioning. You directly contradicted yourself. Stop being such an indecisive flake.
>>
>>78022683
They're mentally ill.

Why should anyone allow them to fuck their bodies too?
>>
>>78028257
You have put forth no evidence for it decreasing suicide rates.

Every study I have read measured no statistically significant change or an increase with the caveat that the numbers were unreliable.

I have never seen a study explicitly state surgery improves outcomes for gender disphoria or even suggest the numbers may show that this is the case.

There are a lot of eggshells to walk on when you publish something that goes against the narrative.
>>
>>78028538
I'm against dozens of angry 4channers who refuse to acknowledge a whole field of human knowledge, I'm not explaining why each piece of your throughouhly wrong post is wrong. You compared two different disorders and recommended the same treatment for both despite them being fundamentally different.

>>78028586
? People get implants or nosejobs, should that be illegal?

>>78028687
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/827713

Lowers depression which is part of the distress we want to target.
>>
>>78028582
Because I accept conditioning as a real occurrence does not mean I accept psychology as its being practiced. If i came up with a "science" that claims gravity is due to Zeus pushing real hard with his thumb, and you said "I accept gravity," could I carry on how I proved believed in Zeus?
>>
>>78028965
Conditioning is a huge part of psychology and is being used in becoming the primary therapy technique. Glad you admit that psychology is a valid field. You don't have the balls to admit being wrong to an anonymous stranger so I don't expect much more from you.
>>
you know back in the 50s they would give these people lobotomies and lock them in 6ft x 6ft cages for the rest of their lives with a little bit of shock therapy every now and then. google new jersey asylums and shit bricks
>>
>>78022035
Because that would be officially admitting the entire left wing is mentally ill.
>>
>>78029162
Yeah and it was pointless and barbaric.
>>
>>78029206
Hmm, are the masses on this board who constantly wish for societal collapse and massive death, report helplessness and constant anger not mentally ill?
>>
>>78026083
What is the criteria for something being a mental illness?
>>
>>78022683

Remember when all of the best doctors would cut people and let them bleed while they were sick because they thought that was good?

Maybe in a few centuries historians will look back and laugh that we cut dicks and tits off to make fake parts thinking it was helpful.
>>
>>78029137
You're putting the cart before the horse. Conditioning existing doesn't mean its being explored scientifically, because it isn't. Psychology, as it is currently being practiced, is the largest barricade blocking real scientific understanding of the human mind.
>>
>>78029355
A. Causes significant and persistent distress over an extended period

B. Inhibits an individual from functioning in their career, social life or education.

C. Is a threat to the safety of self or others
>>
>>78029240
not saying i condoned it. one of my great uncles was considered "slow" because he was left handed and basically got committed at the age of 12 for his entire life. he died at 41 when another inmate beat him to death with a chair
>>
>>78029355
I'd say if it impairs a person in such a way that he cannot function normally in everyday life. In addition to that there should be some form of suffering for the patient.
>>
>>78029455
It is being explored scientifically and the field of neuroscience is frequently confirming what we already knew from psychology.
>>
>>78028127
Dawkins hypothesis is not based on genetic grounds then, but rather environmental.
>>
File: bencarson.jpg (30 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
bencarson.jpg
30 KB, 500x500
>>78022035
yes
>>
>>78022035
I wonder how long before someone suggests tax funded hormones for transgenders, and calls anyone who doesn't support the idea transphobic.

And then we'll have to pay for all the demi-boys' XTC, it's something they need and part of their sexuality afterall.
>>
>>78029482
And how does homosexuality not fit this criteria?
>>
>>78029745
How does it fit?
>>
>>78029550
So, first of all, are you admitting that psychology isn't scientific? I don't want to assume and then pretend that I won an argument.

Second of all, how big of a role is confirmation bias in those studies?

Third of all, I'd like to see the neuroscientist's paper that chopping off your dick is good medical practice.
>>
File: 1456258041018.jpg (12 KB, 203x240) Image search: [Google]
1456258041018.jpg
12 KB, 203x240
>>78027111
Of course it's a strawman, because people can actually recover from crack.
>>
>>78026436
>>78022683
If by best bet you mean "Butchering their genitalia to turn them into a sexually-ambiguous atrocity which in turn leads them to killing themselves", then yes definitely.
>>
>>78029858
I said psychology is tested scientifically and used practically. There is no getting around this anon, you might as well give up. Marketing, psychological warfare, training methods for animals and humans, cognitive behavioral therapy, the functioning of the unconscious mind and how different parts of the brain control different functions. It's all real, you might know that if you went to school and didn't spend all day watching Nascar in your trailer.
>>
>>78029986
Already addressed these arguments,and that misconception, read the rest of the thread before posting.
>>
>>78029482
Based on these criteria how is transexuality not a mental illness then?

>A. Causes significant and persistent distress over an extended period

Dysphoria: a state of unease or generalized dissatisfaction with life

Seems to fit.

>B. Inhibits an individual from functioning in their career, social life or education.

Obviously transexuals have a hard time working within society. They asked for the society to be changed around them.

>C. Is a threat to the safety of self or others

Increased levels of suicide because of ailment.

>>78029745
>>78029482
Homosexuality also fits this criteria just to a lesser degree with A and C.

Homosexuality causes distress because of their perceived abnormality to being sexualy attracted to the same sex.

Homosexuals obviously struggle (or used to) with developing a social life.

Homosexuals are more likely to transmit STDs especially HIV, in addition to increased suicide rates of homosexuals.
>>
>>78030102
This whole post is like saying that planets and stars prove astrophysics is accurate. That's the problem with non-scientific "scientists," they don't even know what science is.

What about my other 2 questions? Dale ain't racing today, so I've got a whole mess of time.
>>
>>78030166
But it's not a misconception at all.
>get a fucked up looking sausage sewn between your thighs
>or a perfectly round, hairless, donut-looking hole dug
>can't ever have sex again without copious amounts of lubes
>your genitalia doesn't look like anything that is found in the natural world
Yeah what a nice fucking life.
>>
>>78029908
>a literal crackhead is trying his best to make coherent thought

>>78030344
Transexuality is a mental illness homosexuality doesn't.

When gay people are not ostracized the abnormality isn't a problem. A happy gay person is not mentally ill, you must not go out if you've never met successful, functioning and happy gay people.
>>
>>78029647
Not neccessarily. The testosterone hypothesis is just one explanation. The mechanisms behind it are supposed to be genetic. Maybe epigenetic,too.

Some experiments have shown that even conditioning can be inherited by the offsprings. Homosexuality being genetic is the best explanation I have heard so far
>>
>>78030422
>This whole post is like saying that planets and stars prove astrophysics is accurate

No it's like pointing to our space program as evidence that physics is accurate. A human created system that used an applied field of knowledge.

Confirmation bias in what studies, trans people can be identified by brain structure. I'm replying to too many people, google it yourself.
>>
>>78022683
>psychology
OPINION : DISCARDED
If you had said psychiatry then you could have had a teensy bit of credibility because at least it's loosely related to an actual science.
>>
>>78030780
What makes you say so ?
>>
>>78030780
I don't have my Ph. D yet, it's a goal though. Either way far more qualified than you to speak on the subject.
>>
>>78030549
I see what you're saying. There is no "gay gene" but rather a genetic mechanism in the mother that stops people from overpopulating. Saying it's genetic is counterintuitive though.
>>
>>78030879
>>78030916
Psychology is intellectual masturbation for people who couldn't get into medicine. This, along with sociology is literally the liberal arts of science.
>>
>>78030916
No you're not. Get some sources and studies and let them speak.

>>78031011
Also, this.
>>
File: 1457021813375.jpg (110 KB, 906x813) Image search: [Google]
1457021813375.jpg
110 KB, 906x813
>>78031011

>and yet these people get to prescribe little boys medication
>>
>>78031011
I'm sure someone cares about your opinion.

>>78031071
Sources on what gender dysphoria? Look it up yourself and stop being so entitled that you think I'll spoonfeed you. I'm referencing official academic knowledge and research in my statements, you're the one aligning with arrogant 4chan pseudo-intellectualism.
>>

>Persons with transsexualism, after sex reassignment, have considerably higher risks for mortality, suicidal behaviour, and psychiatric morbidity than the general population.
Friendly reminder that encouraging this behaviour should be deemed to be criminal negligence.
>>
>>78024871
>http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8839957
pizomide? zombie drug
>>
>>78031011
I studied medicine before psychology. I prefer psychology to medicine because it actually fits my interest. It's not intellectual masturbation. It's far from it. Psychological and medical science share many similarities. You might say that psychology gives you a wider array of theories to pick from but that doesn't make it any easier.

Psychologly simply suffers from its bad reputation which is excusable because of its short time being around. Early psychology was shit I agree. But nowadays after the cognitive revolution psychology has become a highly sophisticated science subject. It's neither natural science nor social science but a mix of both.
>>
>>78031221
Depends on the country.
Pretty sure psychologists can't prescribe medication in France, an most of Europe.
>>
>>78030988
>There is no "gay gene" but rather a genetic mechanism in the mother that stops people from overpopulating

Considering how low the gay population is, it's a rather ineffective means of controlling overpopulation.
>>
>>78031221
Not surprised at all that you don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>78022683
But transitioning doesn't help either. Those who transition have a suicide serval times higher. So how is transitioning a cure. This is why psychology is bullshit. So it pychocrcty.
>>
>>78031375
It suffers from a bad reputation because of the many appalling experiments conducted in the field as well as this:
http://science.sciencemag.org/content/349/6251/aac4716
>According to work presented today in Science, fewer than half of 100 studies published in 2008 in three top psychology journals could be replicated successfully.
>>
>>78031375
As I said, if you want to pretend to be a scientist, go into fucking psychiatry. Makes you an actually competent scientific while approaching the psychological side of medical disorders and such.
Psychology is more philosophy than science, which is fine if you just wanted to learn a culturally interesting subject but doesn't give you any legitimacy when it comes to debating medical issues.
There's a fucking reason psychiatry is taught in med school and psychology is taught in the same unis that teach liberal arts and philosophy.
>>
>>78031474

>I don't pollute my mind with jewish nonsense
>I don't fall for the retarded transgender schizophrenia
>I don't want boys to be medicated as if they are dysfunctional girls

Then I'm uneducated. My nation's children will be healthy and strong.
>>
>>78031490
>>78031298
Really the lack of ability to understand what that evidence is saying disqualifies either of you from having any valuable opinon on this subject.
>>
>>78022683
Then why not let someone who thinks he's a superhero jump off a building in an attempt to fly?
>>
>>78031657
No you think psychologists can prescribe medication, because you don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>78030698
You made the claim that neuroscientists are confirming things psychologists knew. I'm not googling anything when a citation is needed. But, this clearly shows you the lack of respect the sciences have for psychologists and their ability to "know."

On another note, anyone that uses practical application as proof, again, doesn't know what proof is.
>>
>>78031795
Because that would be suicide anon, did I really need to answer that one for you?
>>
>>78030988
I don't think it's a mechanism to control overpopulation. That seems very inefficient.

I believe that homosexuality in your family is a good trait to maximize that reproductive success of the offspring. A family of 5 children has to distribute all of their effort on these 5 people whereas a family with a homosexual offspring will probably focus their effort on the 4 remaining children. Sounds cruel but makes sense on a wider scale. In certain environments that can make the differences between survival and perishing.
So being homosexual can be an adaptation to your surroundings. I should have phrased it like this in my original post.

I just don't believe that homosexuality is just occuring randomly.
>>
>>78024298
Hello, Dr. Money, fucked any good kids lately?
>>
>>78031737
The evidence says that trannies that undergo full "transition" are more likely to kill themselves than those who don't.

Probably because it's a phase and they wake up one morning realising they fucked everything up.

Given this phenomenon, encouraging people to undergo this "transition" is extremely dangerous and should be strongly discouraged. Instead, such affected individuals should seek psychological therapy to help cure them of this disorder.
>>
>>78031593
That's the fault of the science community. People are just going for the shekels. Nobody would publish an inconclusive study. But I agree that's a problem.

>>78031604
I guess that depends on the university. I haven't really learned much philosophical stuff so far.

But I would disagree on the psychiatric stuff. Genetic psychology is much more interesting from a researcher's point of view in my opinion.
>>
>>78031858
You really are just constantly moving goalposts. We started out with you calling it rainbows and fantasy and now you're arguing the semantics of using the words know and proof. I could chip at you all day to get you to submit but you're a pretty irritating and sniveling personality.
>>
>>78022035

>If we can give hormones and treatment to trannies to help them transition to the opposite gender,

That's not what gender dysphoria is or what the treatment does.

Males are males and females are females. People with gender dysphoria experience a negative physical sensation associated with sexually dimorphic tissues and anatomy of their own body. The exact reasons for this are still elucidated but at least one part of the brain has its mass unplastically sexually differentiated to that of the other sex in people with GD. It is not a result of deficiency in testosterone in males or estrogen in females, which would be extremely easy to diagnose and treat.

The sensation manifests as a sense of physical unease, somewhat akin to "phantom limb" syndrome. GD is not about stupid identity politics bullshit (which is why 9/10 "transpeople" are actually not trans), but from actually, literally feeling sick in your own skin. HRT can help relieve these symptoms. The reason is as of yet unelucidated. At this time no other psychoactive substances have been found with a substantial effect on mortality or quality of life of patients with GD but not comorbid disorders. Though it doesn't help that research into this avenue has essentially been zero for over a decade now.
>>
>>78031987
>The evidence says that trannies that undergo full "transition" are more likely to kill themselves than those who don't.

No it doesn't. You can't interpret a basic study, probably because you're unintelligent.
>>
>>78024298
I know you're baiting but here you go :
(You)
>>
>>78031490

It depends on what you mean by transitioning. HRT has great benefit, the suicide rate is multiple times lower and patients routinely report higher quality of life (though still higher than a healthy person, which is probably where your misnomer arises from).

Sexual reassignment surgery, on the other hand, offers no benefit over HRT alone. There's no reason to do it, it's dangerous, costly, and won't help.
>>
>>78025115
>Homosexuality = Genetic
No. Homosexuality is a result, largely, of mental conditioning of youth. Scientists cannot find the "gay gene" and have found in one study that there were many cases of identical twins where one was gay and the other not
>>
>>78022035

That doesn't work.

When they tried increasing hormone levels of the birth sex it only increased discomfort and stress.
>>
>>78032021
>psychobabby
>I'm good at getting into people's head
>gives up after 2 posts because he's getting angry
I don't even know where to start.
>>
>>78023946
kek
>>
>>78032249
Scientists can't find the gene that causes despression either but that doesn't mean the depression can be conditioned

The abscnece of evidence is not the evidence of abscence
>>
>>78028037
On another note I love these "left-libertarians" that will make fun of otherkin people, but totally legitimize transexuals.
>>
>>78032362
You're really just trolling so I'm not bothering with you. Try coming up with something of substance and maybe I'll humor your drooling stupidity.
>>
>>78032081
Nice projection, sunshine. You can't just pick and choose what peer-reviewed evidence you do and do not like.

But hey, I'm sure you're much more qualified, intelligent, and educated on the topic of transgenderism than a Professor of Psychiatry who specialises in transgenderism:
http://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2015/06/15145/

>At Johns Hopkins, after pioneering sex-change surgery, we demonstrated that the practice brought no important benefits. As a result, we stopped offering that form of treatment in the 1970s. Our efforts, though, had little influence on the emergence of this new idea about sex, or upon the expansion of the number of “transgendered” among young and old.
>>
>>78032021
I've used the same, and generally accepted, definitions of "know" and "proof" this whole conversation. You not knowing how to prove you know what proof means is on you, not me. Also, acknowledging that human psychology is an object is not the same as accepting it as a science in its current practice. A better foundation in science would have helped clear that up for you.
>>
File: giphy.gif (595 KB, 460x600) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
595 KB, 460x600
>>78032493
>Try coming up with something of substance and maybe I'll humor your drooling stupidity.
>>
>>78032493
hello this is a troll free board if you cannot stop trolling i will have you banned by alerting the moderators, i know all of them personally and we dont like trolls like you
>>
>>78032430
>Scientists can't find the gene that causes despression
http://www.nature.com/news/first-robust-genetic-links-to-depression-emerge-1.17979

>The analysis yielded two genetic sequences that seemed to be linked to depression: one in a stretch of DNA that codes for an enzyme whose function is not fully understood, and the other next to the gene SIRT1, which is important for energy-producing cell structures called mitochondria
>>
>>78022683

Do you believe that there is a rise in gender dysphoria or that people are just noticing it and talking about it more? If the former is plausible, what do you believe is causing this spike in gender dysphoria, is it something like an endocrine disruptor present in our that is damaging the very delicate process of fetal brain development.
>>
>>78024898

I support killing the elderly. Greatest Generation, my lily-white ass. Fucking boomers fucked up the world for everyone and now they're draining Social Security dry while screeching about how they earned it. Fuck you.

As for neets and the unemployed... well, at least I won't feel sadness when I'm dead.
>>
>>78032497
Psychofags on suicide watch.
>>
>>78026186
Psychology isn't a real science, you mong.
>>
>>78032497
That's not what you were arguing, you were arguing that it increases suicide rates which it doesn't. You misinterpreted the study.

>>78032524
Yeah, you started out arguing that it's complete fantasy and now you're arguing about the semantics proof and knowing something.

You lost but you just want to keep bitching.
>>
>>78032644

To a degree it's that it's being properly diagnosed more often. But what's really added to its visibility, is the much larger population who claim to be trans who aren't, some because they don't know better, some for attention.
>>
we should just allow medically assisted suicide for these faggots. they wont be happy regardless of gender because they are in the shallow end of the gene pool.
>>
>>78027111
Psychology does not use the scientific method
>>
>>78032770
>which it doesn't
>The overall mortality for sex-reassigned persons was higher during follow-up than for controls of the same birth sex, particularly death from suicide. Sex-reassigned persons also had an increased risk for suicide attempts and psychiatric inpatient care

>Persons with transsexualism, after sex reassignment, have considerably higher risks for mortality, suicidal behaviour, and psychiatric morbidity than the general population.
Straight from the author's mouth. If you disagree with their interpretation, you are free to contact them with your grievances.

Again, you can't just pick and choose what data you like. That's bad science.
>>
>>78032982
The sun is not bright.
>>
>>78027739
Can you literally not even?
>>
>>78033080
Lmao read it until you realize why you're interpreting it wrong. I want to see how long it takes you.
>>
>>78026164

Me
>>78026164
You
>>78026479
Me
>>78026693
You
>>78026881

And you think you won something? Again, 18th century medicine had results, but, no one would call it science.
>>
>>78033082
Haha so witty haha rly man sure showed him haha upvoted, subscribed xDDD
>>
>>78023356
>DSM-V
>The one that mashed aspergers together with autism
>Every kid smarter than a 5th grader is now a total retard
>Minorities do not suffer from this

You know what the problem is with the DSM? The definitions it's lining out are drawn up by a bunch of leftists, the sort of people who are more than happy to diagnose a sneeze as lung cancer so they can take care of you.
>>
>>78033213
>>
>>78032770
>>78033247

Oops. Linked'r up wrong there. All those ad hominems your throwing around must be valid.
>>
>>78030472
>Transexuality is a mental illness
THEN WHY IS IT TREATED LIKE NO OTHER?
>>
>>78033297
>he doesn't think aspergers is on the autism spectrum
>he thinks it just means higher than average intelligence

>>78033247
Just because it's not a phsyics or chemistry doesn't mean it's fantasy. That's the whole point I'm making and that you refuse to accept.

>>78033378
Yeah you're an idiot too because you still cannot understand what this means.
>>
>>78033539
Because it's fundamentally different from others in what works for treating it.
>>
>>78031867
Well why do you treat transfaggotism in the same way--letting the individual thing xe is right and furthering that train of thought?
>>
>>78022035
hormones can't fix mental illness
>>
>>78033592
>and should inspire improved psychiatric and somatic care after sex reassignment for this patient group.
This is the politically correct PS they had to add in to not get their funding cut and should therefore be ignored.
The fact is that sex reassignment surgery = dramatically increased suicides.
>>
>>78033592
>Yeah you're an idiot too because you still cannot understand what this means.
>I'll just keep calling him an idiot, hopefully he'll eventually give up
>>
>>78033213
Are you saying these highly qualified researchers are wrong and that you are correct? Who are you? What are your qualifications that allow you to challenge this? Where is your evidence?

I'll post it again just in case you're having trouble:
>Persons with transsexualism, after sex reassignment, have considerably higher risks for mortality, suicidal behaviour, and psychiatric morbidity than the general population
In simple words, this piece of greentext says that trannies that go the full distance are more likely to have suicidal behaviour than healthy individuals. This is what the trained researchers concluded in their study, and unless you have a peer-reviewed study that strongly conflicts with this, you really should admit that you are wrong and are inserting your political opinions into science.
>>
>>78033702
Because the goal here is to treat mental illness and the best method we have for gender dysphoria so far is transition

.http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/827713
>>
File: 1466228947473.jpg (58 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1466228947473.jpg
58 KB, 640x640
>>78022035
if we're letting them get hormones prescribed, why can't we also give it to men who don't like their bodies so they can get buff?
>>
>>78030472
gay isnt real there are only sexual degenerates and non sexual degenerates
>>
>>78030425
>https://yougov.co.uk/news/2016/06/21/yougov-referendum-model/

Keep talking about these things you know so much about, anon
>>
>>78033776
>>78033804
>>78033806
None of you are interpreting this correctly. Post op people still have higher suicide rates than the general population, not pre op trans people.

Jesus Christ it's like teaching the retards at work how to solve a problem.

Transition is the best treatment we currently have.

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/827713
>>
>>78033592
>doesn't mean it's fantasy.
No, but it does mean any claims made should be taken with a grain of salt. Take history for example. It's not a science yet I'd argue it is possibly one of the most important areas a person should study. That said, you should be wary of everything you read.
>>
>>78033082
Demonstrably false. We can show through repeated experiments conducted by different scientists in different locations that this hypothesis stands not true.
>>
I'm done wasting my time here, I have shit to do. Enjoy the anti-intellectual circlejerks that make you feel so good about yourselves.
>>
>>78033700
In what way? How is body dysmorphia treated? Sawing off limbs?
>>
>>78033835
>the best method we have for gender dysphoria so far is transition
Wrong and wrong, repeating it again and again doesn't make it true.
Butchering their genitalia leaves them just as unhappy if not more as they were before. So you STILL need to treat them mentally, but in addition to that they don't even have a functional genital organ anymore.
NICE.
>>
>>78033982
>http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/827713
Can't see the article. Post its name.
>>
>>78033982
Screenshot it retard I ain't creating an account for that.
>>
>>78034054
Yeah and people don't call history fantasy.

>>78034097
Yeah and psychology uses the scientific method.

>>78034112
>>
>>78033835
Proof that this is the best method?
>>
>>78034203
You sure showed me, what with your proof. Psychology and sociology involve """experiments""" which have no repeatability. And go cry away, I see the criticism was too much
>>
>>78033835

You mean HRT. "Transition" is a blanket term which includes HRT with other dumb bullshit that doesn't do anything like crossdressing and sexual reassignment surgery.
>>
File: 1344860899297.jpg (34 KB, 288x350) Image search: [Google]
1344860899297.jpg
34 KB, 288x350
>>78034112
>I'm done wasting my time here
Codeword for
>I lost but I won't admit it, later losers!

>>78034203
>Yeah and people don't call history fantasy.
Sometimes we do. Like the Holocaust.

>Yeah and psychology uses the scientific method.
Nope.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reproducibility
>Reproducibility is one of the main principles of the scientific method.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/scientists-replicated-100-psychology-studies-and-fewer-half-got-same-results-180956426/
>According to work presented today in Science, fewer than half of 100 studies published in 2008 in three top psychology journals could be replicated successfully.
>>
>>78022683
There was a medication already available that had a side effect of eliminating gender dysphoria; it's a shame SJW's censored the page and now I can't find it again.

Because how dare you insinuate being trans means you have a mental illness IT'S NORMALNORMALNORMAL.

In all seriousness, does anyone remember the name of this medication? It was posted in an earlier thread but I was retarded and didn't save it.
>>
>>78023960
>Being attracted sexually to the same sex.
>the only purpose of sex is to reproduce
>gays can't reproduce due to same sex intercourse

It's a fucking mental illness
>>
>>78033592
>Thinking that similar symptoms necessitate similar treatment

I'm quite familiar with the requirements for the diagnosis, and what it takes to get one.
Oddities such as a fascination with topics you wouldn't expect a 7 year old to know everything about (dinosaurs f.e.) and being socially reclusive as the white minority are what got teachers to think there might be something wrong with me.
>ignore the bullying
>ignore the culture clash
>must be his head

Fuck the mental health system as it stands today. We absolutely need to understand the entirety of the brain so misdiagnosis will never happen again.
>>
We've tried it, it didn't work. Are you retarded?
>>
>>78022683
>our best bet is to let them transition

citation needed.no jewiki.
>>
>>78032898

What are some indicators to determine if someone is Trans or not?
>>
>>78034946
ask them about the voices in their head
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.