[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Evolution
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 68
File: image.jpg (120 KB, 588x495) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120 KB, 588x495
Did we really come from a monkey?
>>
>>77999142
Of course not. We share a common ancestor
>>
>>77999142
A monkey and a pig.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2515969/Humans-evolved-female-chimpanzee-mated-pig-Extraordinary-claim-American-geneticist.html
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 300x164) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 300x164
>>77999212
What about the miniature Sasquatches they've "discovered" in Africa.
>>
>>77999142
>dat dik
how can nigger men even compete?
>>
NO only niggers and whites
and remember the mongoloids are the master race
>>
>>77999212
fpbp
>>
File: tumblr_n710f9fe6e1t16a97o1_400.jpg (37 KB, 300x426) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n710f9fe6e1t16a97o1_400.jpg
37 KB, 300x426
Bipedal, Alpha, Human Ancestors ate the dinosaurs to extinction like roving packs of demons, just like they ate the Wholly Mammoth and killed everything else.

The bipedal primate is one of the oldest forms in nature. It 100 million years old. It is as old as the shark or the turtle.

In the coming decades you will find that what was given to me by God will be backed by Science.
>>
Evolution is bullshit.

Why would apes become smarter? How do you fucking increase intelligence over time?

If apes can become smarter than how come we don't view modern apes as worthy of legal protection? Maybe in a million years they will be like us in our current form?

Evolution is complete bullshit that makes no sense. God made us.
>>
File: Ida-the-missing-link-prim-001.jpg (37 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
Ida-the-missing-link-prim-001.jpg
37 KB, 460x276
>>77999751
HERE, TODAY, YOU ARE ABLE TO READ THE WORDS OF THE LORD

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darwinius
>>
>>77999796
>how come we don't view modern apes as worthy of legal protection?
but niggers are legally protected...

sriously though, evolution is bullshit, thats why its only a 'theory'. those cuck hippies have been digging around looking for the missing link for centuries and havent found shit. no proof.
>>
Don't be silly.

God created us different to the nigger.
>>
>>77999142
I'm most likely retarded for saying this but I think the aquatic ape theory has possible ramifications
>>
>>77999142
I'll be damned if I came from a nigger
>>
File: image.jpg (111 KB, 748x443) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111 KB, 748x443
>>77999997
>>78000123
>>
>>77999965

Science ignoramus detected.

>A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that is acquired through the scientific method and repeatedly tested and confirmed through observation and experimentation. Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge.
>>
>>77999142

white = chimp + ayylmao
nigger = chimp + ???
>>
>>77999142
Fuckoff stop shitposting
>>
>>78000285
a scientific theory is unproven bullshit that they have to call a 'theory' until they can prove it.

leading scientific theory 400 years ago was that the world was fucking flat. scientists are stupid cucks.
>>
File: image.jpg (321 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
321 KB, 2000x1000
>>78000429
Says the people who spawned this fucker.
>>
>>78000546
No scientific theory can ever be proven 100% correct, you daft cunt.
>>
>>78000625
yeah, because theories are fucking bullshit.

once its proven correct it isnt a theory.

like when based christopher columbus said 'fuck your gay ass theory you science cuck, god told me to find america.' and so he proved the world was round.
>>
File: 4xvdYax.gif (3 MB, 640x352) Image search: [Google]
4xvdYax.gif
3 MB, 640x352
>>77999796
>>77999965

Either bait or literal retardation. This is like LOGICAL FALLACIES 101 type shit. This is the kind of arguments that in 1860, Darwin was saying "I ALREADY FUCKING EXPLAINED THIS!"
>>
>>78000546

'Theory' is the modern equivalent of 'law'. Scientists don't use the word 'law' anymore because Isaac Newton's Laws of Motion do not apply at the quantum or universal scale.

Gravity is a theory. Doesn't mean it's not self-evident.
>>
>>78000546
Gravity is just a theory, why don't you test it with the nearest window.

>>77999796
Maybe instead of wallowing in your ignorance, you should look it up on the goddamn computer.
>>
>>77999796
>how come we don't view modern apes as worthy of legal protection?

They are in many countries. Non human person and stuff
>>
>>78000768
No, Evolution is a Theory, but that isn't the same definition as the everyday usage of Theory. The scientific definition of Theory basically just means a concept. A proven concept. There is no fucking "missing link". Evolution is proven beyond a shadow of a fucking doubt. You can see micro-evolution right in front of your fucking eyes as viruses adapt to vaccines and become resistant you literal retard.
>>
>>78000870
>'Theory' is the modern equivalent of 'law'. Scientists don't use the word 'law' anymore because it turns out that their last 'law' of the earth being fucking flat was retarded.
ftfy
>>78000891
>Gravity is just a theory, why don't you test it with the nearest window.
yeah global warming is a theory too, guess we better just commit industrial suicide as china crushes us. cuck

scientists are stupid cucks who cant prove anything, thats why their 'theories' change every 50 years.
>>
>>78001109
>scientists are stupid cucks who cant prove anything, thats why their 'theories' change every 50 years.

Ohhh, I get it. This is bait.
>>
File: uwotm8.jpg (15 KB, 449x497) Image search: [Google]
uwotm8.jpg
15 KB, 449x497
>>78000374
I find it kind of scary how many people firmly believe this meme is true.
>>
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 800x355) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 800x355
>>
File: Big Bait.jpg (24 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Big Bait.jpg
24 KB, 600x600
>>78001216
>>
>>78001216
string theory
>dude wow lmao aliens and wormsholes man other dimensions and shit man
oh boy, totally not unlike those crackpots who thought you could fall off the end of the flat earth
>>
>>78001216

I think a lot of people genuinely believe that. Whenever you tell someone "FTL is impossible" they start shitting themselves and spouting about how inspecific people said the same thing about airplanes and that you're just trying to hold us back.

Humans can't do anything right. The worst thing about it is how we deny it constantly.
>>
It's true we have pig hearts and pig skin. And any pork recipe can be substituted with human meat. That's why we're called longpig.

Unlikely that a pig and an ape had a furshit Disney romance, but maybe ayys decided to have some fun and remix animals for some reason.
>>
>>77999142
>what is the pre-frontal cortex

american """education"""
>>
>>78001109

>A. theories change every 50 years

Q. What is scientific progress?

Also, your assertion that knowledge of a spherical Earth is only a few hundred years old is false. Herodotus figured out the Earth was spherical in ~430 BC.
>>
>>78001653
>Also, your assertion that knowledge of a spherical Earth is only a few hundred years old is false. Herodotus figured out the Earth was spherical in ~430 BC.
yes, and yet the scientific community didnt believe him.

i figured out we didnt evolve from no fucking monkey, and yet the 'scientists' still think the earth is flat.
>>
>>78001653
That was the thing where they stuck poles in different locations, right?
>>
>>77999396
If scientists now got a pig and a monkey to fuck, are you trying to say there's a chance it would make a human? I highly doubt it.
>>
lol no, macroevolution is retarded fairy tale.
>>
File: 1466019136120.jpg (66 KB, 576x768) Image search: [Google]
1466019136120.jpg
66 KB, 576x768
>>77999142

We coexisted with different species of primitive man at one point. They began migrating and encountering different tribes and mated. The diverse gene structure mixing over thousands of years along side selective elimination made who we are today.
>>
>>78001756

You are the very example that it can take awhile (or centuries) to convince some people of facts.
>>
>>78001814
You ever hear a monkey snort?
>>
>>78001947
its not a fact if you cant fucking prove it, dummy.

just like your 'fact' that the earth was flat.

scientists are dumb as shit.
>>
>>77999142

No. Macroevolution is complete bullshit.
>>
>>78002030

Provong something and proving something to you are two different things. Have you even read "On the Origin of Species"? If so, then refute it with experimentation and evidence.
>>
>>78002324
im not the crackpot making ludicrous claims about us all evolving from fucking monkeys.

the burden of proof is on you, not I. you are no different than the flat earth 'scientists' or the cucks looking for bigfoot.
>>
We're clearly apes.
>>
http://www.krmg.com/news/news/local/pig-steals-beer-gets-drunk-fights-cow/nZq3M/
>The pig first found three six-packs of beer and decided to imbibe.
>Then the animal went on an eating binge by sorting through trash bags in the campground.
>Campers in the area watched as the pig picked a fight with a cow only to be chased around a vehicle by the bovine.

Don't tell me you haven't had one of those nights.
>>
File: image.png (47 KB, 100x120) Image search: [Google]
image.png
47 KB, 100x120
>>77999796
A "god" could have made the universe and watched us evolve. Even if evolution is real it doesnt mean a god doesnt exist.
>>
>>77999796
This is why Americans can't get into University and study biology, Your not qualified thanks to creationism.
>>
>>78001756
>yes, and yet the scientific community didnt believe him.

Yes they fucking did you asshat. That's why they thought columbus was a nut. They knew how big the earth was and assuming there was no continent between britland and china then he would have ran his ships out of supplies and died.

Go suck on kurzweil's alkaline kool-aid some more, pop-science faggot.
>>
>>78002030
Except there is proof of evolution. The mere existence of genetic mutation and the passing down of genes show that one creature's mutation may manifest itself throughout its offspring. From there, if that mutation is beneficial to the creatures that bear it, they may have new opportunities to sire young and propagate the mutation and so on. Evolution is the summation of millions of years of small changes that make a creature more or less successful. A real-world example of this is the peppered moth. Originally, the clean environment of the moths was mainly white and speckled with a bit of black, and the moths' coloration reflected this. During the Industrial Revolution, however, soot coated the environment and make the moths' camouflage useless against predators. The moths that were darker lived longer and thus had more children, propagating the dark-color gene in that environment. When the habitat was cleaned, the light-colored moths eventually became prominent once more.

>>78002128
Distinguish between "micro" and "macro" evolution.

>>78002880
This is very true.
>>
Video of a pig playing a video game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dFwx95ufEk
>>
>>78002991
>Yes they fucking did you asshat. That's why they thought columbus was a nut. They knew how big the earth was and assuming there was no continent between britland and china then he would have ran his ships out of supplies and died.
no, they thought he was going to fall of the ends of the flat earth.
>>
>>78002880
"Could have" Which means there is a chance, which means i should dedicate my whole life, structuring it around weird and horrible principles in hopes of getting into heaven.
>>
>>78002662

Again, trying to prove something to you would be counterproductive, like kicking water uphill. With all the information out there, you choose not to educate yourself. I cannot help you.

But since you asked, here's a starter article for you, since you're clearly new at this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Introduction_to_evolution

I doubt you'll read it. It doesn't seem to be your strong suit.

I'll also submit Dawkins' 'The Selfish Gene', which shows how evolution works at the genetic level. I doubt you'll read this either.
>>
File: monsters-cthulhu_00376311.jpg (660 KB, 2537x2229) Image search: [Google]
monsters-cthulhu_00376311.jpg
660 KB, 2537x2229
>>78000241
Based Lovecraft. He'll never be given the amount of awards he deserves.
>>
>>77999142
>be american
>evolve from monkey then get shot
>>
>>77999212
Don't bother.Most people on /pol/ are too stupid to have studied any real biology at school or uni.

I mean if you tell them that we share a common reptile ancestor with all other mammals they will go ape shit crazy and start spewing nonsense about lizard people.
>>
>>78003191

No, you fool.
>>
>>78003191
Are you fucking retarded? The idea of the Earth being spherical was accepted as fact somewhere between classical antiquity and the middle ages, long before Colombus. Remember some things: pretending to be retarded is not that different from actually being retarded and ironic shitposting is still shitposting.
>>
>>78003258
based richie rich wont be buying into your cuck 'science theory that we are all niggers' for much longer, friend.

i aint evolved from no fucking nigger
>>
>>78003547
I genuinely can't tell if they're trolling or if they've gotten their science education from youtube.
>>
>>77999142
no. evolution is only assumed to be true because it's literally the only plausible naturalistic account of human origins. it is false however. human exceptionalism proves it. no other being in the entire universe has culture, language, religion, self-consciousness, morality, ritual, rational thinking, etc.

evolution posits that consciousness arose from the undirected stirrings of molecules. absolutely absurd.
>>
File: image.gif (648 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
648 KB, 500x375
>>78003235
I never said any of that. Does the thought of a possible god make you feel insecure?
>>
>>78003675
>no other being in the entire universe has culture, language, religion, self-consciousness, morality, ritual, rational thinking, etc.
>the entire universe
>we are yet to set foot on another planet
Wow hold it there Jamal.Since when have you been around the whole universe?

Oh wait i keep forgetting that the stupider you are the smaller the world seems.
>>
>>78003675
So where did consciousness arise? We do not fully understand our consciousness, to theorize on how it arose is rather futile. You also do not know if there are other beings in our universe that share the traits that you listed with us.

>>78003596
I'm 99% sure he's shitposting. Hide his posts and stop replying to him.
>>
>>78003675
>no other being in the entire universe has culture, language, religion, self-consciousness, morality, ritual, rational thinking, etc.
I take it you're well traveled; how's the weather in Alpha Centauri?
>>
>>78003945
>>78003868
i should have qualified it with a "known". but no matter, since that tenet of your religion will never be realized. keep dreaming!
>>
>>78004005
Then what do you believe to be true? Evolution seems to work fine
>>
File: subhuman.jpg (42 KB, 500x671) Image search: [Google]
subhuman.jpg
42 KB, 500x671
>>77999142
only white man evolved from monkey

if you still have 90% body hair you are literally subhuman
>>
>>78003542
Kek
>>
>>78004005
>that tenet of your religion
I worship a Phrygian god. She isn't particular about this type of thing.
>>
OP, IF YOU HAVE EVIDENCE LEADING TO ANOTHER THEORY OF HOW WE CAME ABOUT, PLEASE PROVIDE IT. YES, AS PER CURRENT SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE, WE VERY LIKELY CAME FROM MONKEYS
>>
>>78004095
I believe in God, the Father almighty, creator of heaven and earth.

I don't actually rule out evolution completely but I very much doubt it's true, is all.
>>
>>77999142
No, we came from apes
>>
>>78003675
>no. evolution is only assumed to be true because it's literally the only plausible naturalistic account of human origins. it is false however. human exceptionalism proves it. no other being in the entire universe has culture, language, religion, self-consciousness, morality, ritual, rational thinking, etc.

>Culture:
Chimps and apes pass on knowledge, like sign language, to their offspring.

>Language:
Dolphins have their own language and we've taught ASL to gorillas and chimps.

>Religion
You can make a pigeon pray using a skinner box.

>Self-Consciousness:
You're telling me a dog doesn't know when it's in trouble?

>Morality
Most social animals display it. morals are just behaviors that increase survival on the group level.

>Ritual
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XkPeN3AWIE

>Rational thinking
There's proof humans can do this?

Do your own legwork, i'm not your mom and knowledge isn't tendies.
>>
>>78004321
Apes are offshoots of monkeys.
>>
>>77999212

but that common ancestor was basically a monkey, right?
>>
http://cryptidz.wikia.com/wiki/Ningen
>>
>>78003582

Get a DNA genealogical test done. I can guarantee you that if you go far enough back, your ancestors came from Africa.

Video related;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tPs78ofDPo
>>
>>78004475
Sort of, but not exactly.
>>
>>78004505
>he believes the jew 'we are all africa' lie
literally cultural marxism
>>
>>78004377
your examples are completely absurd.
>>
>>78004615

Your standards of evidence are absurd, and so is your mother's ass.
>>
>>78000804

Wouldn't intelligence be beneficial to any animal? You mean to tell me that other animals were just dicking around for millions of years, doing literally jack shit except fucking and eating this whole entire time until we came along? And that they will all just continue doing nothing until somehow the magic switch gets flipped in another 8 billion years to grow more brain cells arbitrarily for absolutely no reason whatsoever? It just doesn't add up.
>>
>>77999142

You came directly out of a monkey, you knuckle dragging ape.
>>
>>78004615
Our civilizations have been unsustainable, going as far back as the desertification of the fertile crescent. Exceptional.

And with the exception of long distance running, we're objectively worse at every conceivable physical feat in comparison to other animals.
>>
>>78004939
Intelligence takes a lot of calories, and those are hard enough to come by as is. It's not worth it for most animals, it'd be like if every car had a ferrari engine.
>>
>>78005219
Who the fuck cares, I can make a fucking weapon, explosives and blast that shit from the face of the earth. other animals are fucking stupid, good for food, skin and fur.

>>77999142
No mate, we came from space, you better believe it
>>
>>78004615
The points on culture and language are valid, at least. Culture is simply the means to pass on information from generation to generation, so some organisms (like crows) are already functional in that regard. Crows also have an incredibly complex vocal language and can communicate through gesture.

>>78004939
In order for an animal to be intelligent, a huge amount of energy must be diverted to building and maintaining the brain. The brain needs proteins if significant mass is to be added, which is why predators in general are smarter than prey (save some outliers such as elephants). Since the body needs to spend so much on the brain if it is to be truly great, it's an "all eggs in one basket" type of scenario. Just look at us, like >>78005219 said, we're shit at everything but distance running. Resources can be diverted into stronger muscles or better senses that would be instead used to maintain the thinking part of the brain. Look at sharks, they've remained virtually unchanged for millions of years since their design is so sound. They never needed intelligence since they made up for it in power, hydrodynamics, and advanced sensory organs like their organ that detects magnetism. You also seem to be operating under the flawed assumption that evolution needs purpose in order to be logical. Everything about us is a result of chance that got passed along through one great chain of natural selection.
>>
>>78005510
If we came from space, where were we before then? What was our origin and how did we originate.
>>
File: 1444353356852.jpg (22 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1444353356852.jpg
22 KB, 500x375
>>78005605
You have to ask the ayy lmaos for that one
>>
>>78005667
Was it the Reapers? Were we created so that we create synthetic life so that we need to get killed to prevent the synthetic life from killing us?
>>
>>78005605
>If we came from space, where were we before then? What was our origin and how did we originate.
This is one of the biggest problems i have with the panspermia theory of life.It essentially explains nothing about the molecular ''evolution'' that must have occur in order for the first lifeforms to appear and is just a way to talk aliens and shit.
>>
File: 1466120431714.jpg (252 KB, 885x2269) Image search: [Google]
1466120431714.jpg
252 KB, 885x2269
(((Evolution)))

Hilarious how people still believe that we came from fish
>>
File: 1456617777948.jpg (58 KB, 571x454) Image search: [Google]
1456617777948.jpg
58 KB, 571x454
>>78005731
Reapers in direct contact with the Draconians, these fuckers are playing us like a damn fiddle.
>>
File: image.jpg (384 KB, 4158x973) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
384 KB, 4158x973
>>78005667
How do you explain this then?
>>
File: babby ayy lmao chimp jesus.jpg (18 KB, 236x308) Image search: [Google]
babby ayy lmao chimp jesus.jpg
18 KB, 236x308
>>78005986
>>
File: 1442840699929.jpg (94 KB, 794x674) Image search: [Google]
1442840699929.jpg
94 KB, 794x674
>>78005986
but, how do you explain this?
>>
>>78005510
>Who the fuck cares
The point is that our "exceptional" intelligence leads to the inevitable failure of complex systems. Not some of the time. All of the time. And quite often ecological collapse. Every human empire has fallen.

We're not as great as we make ourselves out to be.
>>
>>77999142
Unless you're brazilian, you probably didn't.
>>
>>78006144
But does our exceptionalism not lie in our ability to both create and destroy?
>>
>>78001814
What about your mum and dad?
>>
File: 1459800134705.jpg (30 KB, 222x260) Image search: [Google]
1459800134705.jpg
30 KB, 222x260
>>78006144
One does not simply compare humans to other animals. You cannot compare empires to freakin gibbons.

An empire doesn't just stop, it evolves into something else, society goes on, civilization goes on, except when we have genocide.

Get your head straight you homosexual; pic related is you
>>
File: image.jpg (222 KB, 728x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
222 KB, 728x900
>>78006141
What about this.
>>
>>77999796
If I can't understand it, it must be wrong: the post
>>
File: image.jpg (120 KB, 640x364) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120 KB, 640x364
>>78006385
However one can compare world leaders declaring war on their neighbors to chimps giving a rallying call to raid another troop.
We ain't so different. Same instincts, better brain.
>>
>no tale
>monkey
>>
File: 1403058049670.gif (2 MB, 360x260) Image search: [Google]
1403058049670.gif
2 MB, 360x260
>>78006396
sorry, but explain this to me
>>
>>78006385
Ants are builders too. They go to war. They take territory, slaves. They engage in animal husbandry.

Wouldn't you know it, they're more successful. There's a larger biomass of ants on the Earth. Which is impressive, considering how small they are.
>>
>>77999796
>How do you fucking increase intelligence over time?
Not by getting American """Education""" it seems.
>>
>>78006144
We still have the prospect of greatness.There is no other life form on this planet ''capable'' of colonizing another planet(at least not at this evolutionary stage,we are unique in this matter).

If only we weren't spending all our energy and resources on pointless conflicts.
>>
>>78001814
Only one way to find out.
>>
File: image.jpg (345 KB, 1280x955) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
345 KB, 1280x955
>>78006602
Two monkeys and a warthog running from bushmen.
>>
>>77999796
Do you believe in mutations?
Do you believe in hereditary traits?

If yes to both, how can you deny (darwinian) evolution?
>>
How often do evolution deniers confuse Lamarckism with Darwinism?
>>
File: 1305902007296.jpg (1 MB, 867x866) Image search: [Google]
1305902007296.jpg
1 MB, 867x866
Out of Africa Darwinism is flawed to it's core, just the same as creationism.

There was an antediluvian civilization in our deep antiquity, and we are just the remnants of the worker caste. Protip, the bad guys won.
>>
>>78006623
Da Sergey, let us make "homunculus" now, I put sperm into egg.
>>
>>78005458
>>78005546

>not worth it for most animals
>the intelligence and ability to change the world for their own benefit
>not worth it

i'm not buying it

>>78006144

So it's all our fault that things change and die.

>We're not as great as we make ourselves out to be.

ironic
>>
>>77999396
>McCarthy
sure thing, fonzie
>>
>>78002128
The only difference between microevolution and macro is time.
>>
File: american bear3.jpg (56 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
american bear3.jpg
56 KB, 500x375
>evolution provides the perfect arguments as to why it's an objective scientific fact the races are different, women should deffer to men, firm gender roles are vital and homosexuality isn't healthy
>conservative americans throw all that out in favor of "love thy enemy" christcuckism
>>
File: Untitled.png (200 KB, 479x280) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
200 KB, 479x280
>>78004939
>Wouldn't intelligence be beneficial to any animal?
More or less, depends what you mean by intelligent. We were stupid apes for hundreds of thousands of years and only the last 40 000 years has seen much development.

>You mean to tell me that other animals were just dicking around for millions of years, doing literally jack shit except fucking and eating this whole entire time until we came along?
Yeah, pretty much. The whole point of life for any animal is reproduction. Eat, sleep, survive, reproduce. The ones who do this the best pass their genes onto the next generation, hence the "natural selection" part of evolution.
>And that they will all just continue doing nothing until somehow the magic switch gets flipped in another 8 billion years to grow more brain cells arbitrarily for absolutely no reason whatsoever? It just doesn't add up.
Considering the universe is only 13 billion years old, the fact that it doesn't add up for you is simply because you're a completely ignorant fucktard who knows NOTHING about evolution and sits there talking about how stupid it is. You people are the real fedora tippers.
>>
>>78006678
A few rovers are hardly equivalent to the technology needed to terraform a planet. We can't even maintain the one we have. How do you propose to give Mars a magnetosphere.

You think we'll send humans on an Orion nuclear generation ship to the closest system? There might not even be anything there of value. Supposing we could do anything with it if there were.

>>78006987
>ironic
Humility is not an expression unique to our kind.
>>
>>77999142
Apes, actually.
>>
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9 KB, 259x194
>>
>>78007100

>you say people aren't as great as we think we are
>proceed to say it's our fault that nothing lasts forever

that's what I was getting at

>>78007074

>He doesn't believe my made up "It happened because it happened okay jeeze" scenario
>Better get mad and call him names

jerk
>>
>>78006987
I don't think you understand how big the investment into an amazing brain is. It's really the sole thing we've focused on. Keep in mind that evolution doesn't just "see ahead" and weigh the pros and cons of adaptations, it's just that what works works. Sometimes to get the most bang for your buck you've got to go for more humble things rather than the extravagant.
>>
>>78007067
>evolution says we are all niggers from africa
>cucks actually believe this
>>
File: image.jpg (204 KB, 662x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
204 KB, 662x1024
>>78006955
We talking Kumari model here?
>>
>>78007246
>He doesn't believe my made up "It happened because it happened okay jeeze" scenario
>Better get mad and call him names

You're the one saying it just fucking happened holy shit you're retarded. Evolution and the Big Bang are literally the BEST EXPLANATIONS FOR EVERYTHING THAT WE'VE EVER HAD, and you contrarian morons are literally just sitting there going "GOD DID IT" which is a NON-ANSWER THAT JUST CREATES EVEN MORE QUESTIONS.

But instead of realizing that and actually trying to understand the scientific explanations for real, you're content to sit there, proudly believing you're got it all figured out. Pride is a sin in your religion so enjoy hell ya stupid faggot, if you're so determined to not understand the universe and content to bitch about it then go ahead.
>>
>>77999142
We come from the great ape family, which includes chimps, gorillas, bonobos etc. They and us are not monkeys. We had closer relatives from our homo genus at one point in time but for whatever reason, they did not survive. However some have had a small but significant impact on our DNA, in European populations the Neanderthal for example.
>>
>>78007100
>A few rovers are hardly equivalent to the technology needed to terraform a planet.
colonizing a planet=/=terraforming a planet
>we can't even maintain the one we have.
I am not the one that lacks control and can't even properly dispose of their trash.
>How do you propose to give Mars a magnetosphere.
Come on now.
>There might not even be anything there of value.
We'll never know unless we check.
>Supposing we could do anything with it if there were.
We certainly wont be doing anything with it here or are you forgetting that Earth won't last forever.

If we stay here that will be the end for us.I'd rather have us start moving forward and spread life in any form we can and not let it all die here.
>>
>>77999142
>Did we really come from a monkey?

Jews like you to think so. Anything to decline the white race.
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 600x522) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 600x522
WE WUZ APES N SHIET!!!
>>
>>78007457

Your "best explanations" are

>it happened just because, man, jeeze, get off my case dude, just believe it, here, I paid all these smart guys to say I'm right, do you believe it now?
>shit just happens arbitrarily for no reason you guys, you are literal dumb fucking morons if you don't just take me for my word because "it happens because it happens, for no reason, with no impetus, no driving force, things just happen because things have to happen because things happen because things happen for no reason because I said so shut the hell up

You're dealing with religion tier logic here, guy.
>>
>>78007758
Jesus christ dude I'm not going to hand-feed you information like your fucking mother. You don't seem to comprehend long spans of time or small changes, you're fixated on this concept of sudden changes and switches flicking and growing a brain overnight. You have a goddamn child's understanding of evolution yet sit there trying to belittle everything I explain to you.

This whole just believe it it happened get off my case shit is pure projection on your part, as that's literally the only argument religion has. Go google evolution for dummies and maybe you can start to get it.

What next, are you gonna ask me why Chimps don't give birth to humans or why a canine has never turned into a non-canine? Holy brain tumor.
>>
File: Billy-D_Approves.gif (1 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
Billy-D_Approves.gif
1 MB, 300x225
>thread on evolution
>expecting the whole thread to be about people shitposting how 'bullshit' and 'impossible' it is
>Actually full of intelligent anons with well constructed arguments in support of it

I excepted no less of you /pol/; ya dun good
>>
>>78008051
I seriously can't believe how stupid some of these theists are. I can see why Matt Dillahunty pretty much quite Atheist Experience. After 500 episodes of the same fucking questions and debunking the same non-arguments he probably tried to kill himself and failed and had to quit the show for his mental well-being.
>>
>>78004505
No such place as Africa that long ago .
Evolution is nonsense, all the variations in a species are already to be found within that species.
>>
File: 1464659923675.png (134 KB, 712x648) Image search: [Google]
1464659923675.png
134 KB, 712x648
>>
>>78008042

> you're fixated on this concept of sudden changes and switches flicking and growing a brain overnight

doesn't believe in mutations
believes in evolution
hmm

>This whole just believe it it happened get off my case shit is pure projection on your part, as that's literally the only argument religion has.

ironic, because

"The Big Bang" is not an explanation

it is "It happened because it happened, shut up"

It is the same level of argument as "The Universe exists because God wills it. Where does God come from? Shut up".

boils down to the same thing

gee

idiot

>What next, are you gonna ask me why Chimps don't give birth to humans or why a canine has never turned into a non-canine?

Well now you're just trying to draw me into an abortion debate when that is neither here nor there
>>
>>78008369
>No such place as Africa that long ago
No shit it looked different and wasn't called Africa but it was the place which we now know as Africa.
>all the variations in a species are already to be found within that species
Have you not heard of genetic mutation? There are basically unlimited variations that can eventually vary so much that the new variation, if it were to meet with the old variation, would be incapable of breeding due to being too different. That's what we call a different species.
>Evolution is nonsense
Another psuedo-intellectual who thinks he understands evolutionary science. Go drink some tea and prep the bull muhammud.
>>
>>78007568
>spread
Said every living thing. Only we're self-aware. We don't have to listen to our impulses. There's no reason to leave our home. We'll have ceased to exist long before the death throes of Earth.

If you're worried about the human legacy, metal is the way -- not flesh.
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 526x240) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 526x240
This was drawn by a creationist cartoonist. Let that sink in.
>>
>>77999142
Evolution is Illusion.
>>
>>78000374
Everything you know is wrong
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe6DN1OoxjE
>>
>>78008571
I never said I didn't believe in mutations, you were the one implying that large mutations were the only way evolution took place (a switch gets flipped and you grow more brain cells arbitrarily) This is the most retarded statement I've heard in a while.

The big bang is not "it just happened" it is an incredibly likely scenario and the only explanation we have. Scientists have that humility the bible seems so fond of, we don't KNOW if the big bang happened, we believe it because all the evidence points to it, aka the expanding universe and the cosmic background radiation. Denying big bang is like denying gravity so please jump out a window as well.

And how the fuck does abortion tie into any of this? Now you're just showing your American reading comprehension.
>>
>>78008690
Bollocks.
Genetic mutation lol.
Show me a man with genetic mutation wings and the ability to fly with them and I will forever believe you .
>>
File: brazilian-paws.jpg (997 KB, 1543x1074) Image search: [Google]
brazilian-paws.jpg
997 KB, 1543x1074
>>77999142
I'm living proof of that.
>>
No one itt understsnds evolution. We didn't come from monkeys but primates. Monkeys diverged a different chain than we dd.
>>
>>77999142
Even worse: from a single-celled organism. Not only that, EVERY human being was a single-celled organism once in life.
>>
>>78008519
blacks literally have the morphological characteristics of homo erectus

large brow ridges, inward curving temple ridges to protect against impacts (shrinking the brain,) prognathism, erectus type teeth including enamel and bone mineral density, muscle insertion points consistent with jaws that eat uncooked food, narrower birth canals (meaning smaller haeds at birth.)

they're literally homo erectus.
>>
>>78008982
Damn your pinky is weird.
>>
http://www.universetoday.com/106498/what-is-the-evidence-for-the-big-bang/

Just do some fucking reading and the evidence for the big bang is overwhelming, just because we don't currently understand the process doesn't mean shit. We don't understand quantum physics either, yet everything in reality is built upon it.
>>
File: image.jpg (125 KB, 700x607) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
125 KB, 700x607
>>
>>78008982
Shit you're a living meme dude.
>>
>>78009187
amen to that
>>
>>77999142
Yes also a mouse, reptile and a fish.
>>
>>77999142
Probably.
>>
As a blue eyed, negative blooded human I didn't come from apes, my bloodline is pure
>>
>>78008982
Funny monkey man.
>>
>>78008949

>

>The big bang is not "it just happened"

because effects happen without a cause

>it is an incredibly likely scenario

because effects occur without a cause

>and the only explanation we have

not even remotely true

>we don't KNOW if the big bang happened,
the very next sentence
>Denying big bang is like denying gravity so please jump out a window as well.

oh boy

>And how the fuck does abortion tie into any of this? Now you're just showing your American reading comprehension.

i told you I wasn't getting into it.
>>
>>78009187
we understand it quite well, actually. but normies will never know because they're too stupid to understand particle physics

I mean, a normie ca't even explain how a fridge works. so scientists just tell people to shut up and believe it. they can't really start a public debate with normies about the big bang. that's like arguing with a 5 year old that santa claus doesn't exist.
>>
>>77999142

Ultimately we came from God. As did everything else in the universe

It's just that we're the sentient part of it. It doesn't matter what animal we came from
>>
>>78008745
>We don't have to listen to our impulses. There's no reason to leave our home. We'll have ceased to exist long before the death throes of Earth.
Now that is a defeatist attitude if i ever seen one.
>If you're worried about the human legacy, metal is the way -- not flesh.
Not even close.Organics are essentially ''robots'' that store their programming on molecular level(DNA).Not only that but the program (DNA) can change (mutations/evolution)...oh wait it gets better!The program is virtually in every part of our bodies!But it doesn't end here!!!Our whole bodies and the bodies of organics in general the can serve as an energy source for other organics!So there is one big cycle of elements here!

Organics are better in so many ways that it is not even funny.Machines are good for singular tasks but when it comes to life they can't compete with us.
>>
>>78000870
no it's not. kill yourself you reddit scientist.

you can't change the definition of words because you're too incompetent to explain what they really mean to retards on the internet.
>>
>>77999142
From a common ancestor of the monkeys we see today.
P.S.
Why isn't the plural of monkey "monkies?"
>>
>>78000546
Would you care to cite yourself there?
Where did they ever think the world was flat?

This is honestly one of the most retarded arguments people can make, literally ancient egyptians, greeks, romans, and so on and so forth knew that the world was round.

Literally all medieval scholars accepted the belief that the earth was indeed spherical, even though many artworks of this time depicted it as being flat, this myth has been debunked numerous times.

Please research the bullshit you say before it lazily falls out of your hands onto the keyboard you uneducated fuckwad.
>>
File: 1466460570883s.jpg (6 KB, 250x173) Image search: [Google]
1466460570883s.jpg
6 KB, 250x173
>>78006955
>worker caste
>Protip, the bad guys won.
can you explain more?
>>
File: dinos.png (734 KB, 700x459) Image search: [Google]
dinos.png
734 KB, 700x459
>>77999142

No. Here is merely SOME evidence (though DEFINITELY not ALL of the evidence) suggesting not only a human presence on Earth BILLIONS of years ago, but also suggesting complex human civilisations on Earth BILLIONS of years ago:

* A human skull fragment from Hungary dated between 250,000 and 450,000 years ago
* A human footprint with accompanying paleoliths (stones deliberately chipped into a recognisable tool type), bone tools, hearths and shelters, discovered in France and dated 300,000 to 400,000 years
* Paleoliths in Spain, a partial human skeleton and paleoliths in France; two English skeletons, one with associated paleoliths, ALL at least 300,000 years old
* Skull fragments and paleoliths in Kenya and advanced paleoliths, of modern human manufacture, in the Olduvai Gorge in Tanzania, dated between 400,000 and 700,000 years
* Neoliths (the most advanced stone tools and utensils) in China of a type that indicate full human capacity, dated to 600,000 years
* Hearths, charcoal, human femurs and broken animal bones, all denoting modern humanity, in Java, dated to 830,000 years
* An anatomically modern human skull discovered in Argentina and dated between 1 million and 1.5 million years years (eoliths -chipped pebbles, thought to be the earliest known tools- at Monte Hermoso, also in Argentina, are believed to be between 1 and 2.5 million years old).
* A human tooth from Java yielding a date between 1 and 1.9 million years years
* Incised bones, dated between 1.2 and 2.5 million years, have been found in Italy
* Discoveries of paleoliths, cut and charred bones at Xihoudu in China and eoliths from Diring Yurlakh in Siberia dated to 1.8 million years
* Eoliths in India, paleoliths in England, Belgium, Italy and Argentina, flint blades in Italy, hearths in Argentina, a carved shell, pierced teeth and even two human jaws all bearing a minimum date of 2 million years (end of part 1)
>>
>>78009559

(start of part 2) Curiously enough, several of the very earliest artifact discoveries display a truly extraordinary level of sophistication. In Idaho, for example, a 2-million-year-old clay figurine was unearthed in 1912. But even this discovery does not mark an outer limit. Bones, vertebrae and even complete skeletons have been found in Italy, Argentina and Kenya. Their minimum datings range from 3 million to 4 million years. A human skull, a partial human skeleton and a collection of neoliths discovered in California have been dated in excess of 5 million years. A human skeleton discovered at Midi in France, paleoliths found in Portugal, Burma and Argentina, a carved bone and flint flakes from Turkey all have a minimum age of 5 million years.
How far back can human history be pushed with discoveries like these? The answer seems to be a great deal further than orthodox science currently allows. As if the foregoing discoveries were not enough, we need to take account of:
* Paleoliths from France dated between 7 and 9 million years
* An eolith from India with a minimum dating of 9 million years
* Incised bones from France, Argentina and Kenya no less than 12 million years old
* More paleolith discoveries from France, dated at least 20 million years ago
* Neoliths from California in excess of 23 million years
* Three different kinds of paleoliths from Belgium with a minimum dating of 26 million years
* An anatomically modern human skeleton, neoliths and carved stones found at the Table Mountain, California and dated at least 33 million years ago
But even 33 million years is not the upper limit. A human skeleton found in Switzerland is estimated to be between 38 and 45 million years old. France has yielded up eoliths, paleoliths, cut wood and a chalk ball, the minimum ages of which range from 45 to 50 million years.
There's still more.
>>
>>78009574

(start of part 3) In 1960, H. L. Armstrong announced in Nature magazine the discovery of fossil human footprints near the Paluxy River, in Texas. Dinosaur footprints were found in the same strata. In 1983, the Moscow News reported the discovery of a fossilised human footprint next to the fossil footprint of a three-toed dinosaur in the Turkamen Republic. Dinosaurs have been extinct for approximately 65 million years.
In 1983, Professor W. G. Burroughs of Kentucky reported the discovery of three pairs of fossil tracks dated to 300 million years ago. They showed left and right footprints. Each print had five toes and a distinct arch. The toes were spread apart like those of a human used to walking barefoot. The foot curved back like a human foot to what appeared to be a human heel. There was a pair of prints in the series that showed a left and right foot. The distance between them is just what you'd expect in modern human footprints.
In December 1862, The Geologist carried news of a human skeleton found 27.5 m (90 ft) below the surface in a coal seam in Illinois. The seam was dated between 286 and 320 million years. It's true that a few eoliths, skull fragments and fossil footprints, however old, provide no real backing for the idea of advanced prehistoric human civilisations.
But some other discoveries do.
In 1968, an American fossil collector named William J. Meister found a fossilised human shoe print near Antelope Spring, Utah. There were trilobite fossils in the same stone, which means it was at least 245 million years old. Close examination showed that the sole of this shoe differed little, if at all, from those of shoes manufactured today.
In 1897, a carved stone showing multiple faces of an old man was found at a depth of 40 m (130 ft) in a coal mine in Iowa. The coal there was of similar age.
>>
>>78009589

(start of part 4) A piece of coal yielded up an encased iron cup in 1912. Frank J. Kenwood, who made the discovery, was so intrigued he traced the origin of the coal and discovered it came from the Wilburton Mine in Oklahoma. The coal there is about 312 million years old.
In 1844, Scottish physicist Sir David Brewster reported the discovery of a metal nail embedded in a sandstone block from a quarry in the north of England. The head was completely encased, ruling out the possibility that it had been driven in at some recent date. The block from which it came is approximately 360 million years old.
On 22 June 1844, The Times reported that a length of gold thread had been found by workmen embedded in stone close to the River Tweed. This stone too was around 360 million years old.
Astonishing though these dates may appear to anyone familiar with the orthodox theory of human origins, they pale in comparison with the dates of two further discoveries.
According to Scientific American, dated 5 June 1852, blasting activities at Meeting House Hill, in Dorchester, Massachusetts, unearthed a metallic, bell-shaped vessel extensively decorated with silver inlays of flowers and vines. The workmanship was described as 'exquisite'. The vessel was blown out of a bed of Roxbury conglomerate dated somewhat earlier than 600 million years.
In 1993, Michael A. Cremo and Richard L. Thompson reported the discovery 'over the past several decades' of hundreds of metallic spheres in a pyrophyllite mine in South Africa. The spheres are grooved and give the appearance of having been manufactured. If so, the strata in which they were found suggest they were manufactured 2.8 BILLION years ago.
>>
>>78009613

(start of part 5) What are we to make of these perplexing discoveries? They cannot simply be dismissed. If even ONE of these discoveries is TRUE (and I believe that MANY if not ALL of these discoveries are TRUE), then it changes EVERYTHING that modern mainstream anthropologists THOUGHT they knew about the human species. (end)
>>
>>77999142
Is it just me or does the one on the right look like Jerry Seinfeld?
>>
>>78009452
our brain has a processing power of about 2.4 bits. it's quite horrid, in fact. because incentives with organisms occur at the molecular level, the majority of biomechanic processing is devoted to eliminating predation of its constituent parts and fighting entropy. organic computation doesn't scale well, and has a shaky telos.

future life will literally be machine organic hybrids in terms of processing power.
>>
Did you photoshop the face of the one on the left? Look at that face and try to tell me it doesn't look like that "we wuz kangz" meme
>>
>>77999142
Jews evolved from dinosaurs.
>>
>>78009529
because then you would lose the e before the y
>>
>>78008745
>We don't have to listen to our impulses. There's no reason to leave our home. We'll have ceased to exist long before the death throes of Earth.

Straight horse shit
>>
File: image.jpg (213 KB, 548x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
213 KB, 548x700
>>78009655
Nah, it's probably just another variant of the Satier with a more humanoid face. They tended to do that to apes back in the olden days. Hell, Linnaeus himself had trouble finding differences between us.
>>
>>78009830
Actually, it appears to be a picture of an orangutan from the late eighteenth century. I just checked.
>>
>>78009453

Gravity is a theory by the scientific definition of the word. See >>78000285

But by all means, tell me how you think gravity works.
>>
>>78009645
Top Kek yeah
>>
>>78009753

>he thinks he never diverged from his primal acestors

Why don't you go eat some shit you unevolved monkey
>>
>>78008519
What is this supposed to imply?
>>
>>78010157
it doesn't imply anything

it's phylogenic genetic proof that niggers are monkeys
>>
>>78003547
Colombus thought the Earth was like a pear shape, but that wasn't the widely accepted theory.
>>
>>78010090

>still believes in effect without cause

fantasy land
>>
>>78010257
More like highly derived Satiers or Orangs
>>
>>78010452

We are a cause ourselves of phenomena

An influentiable, but not demonstrably determined cause

You are reverting back to a vegetable state
>>
>>78010635

how the fuck did human beings cause evolution if we only showed up a couple thousand years ago fucking lol
>>
>>77999796
This is why the world laughs at conservative Americans. Drop the creationist bullshit and people will take you seriously
>>
>>78010257
How does it do that?
>>
>>78010777

>Europoors constantly believing things just because an important or rich guy tells them to believe it "or else"

you guys never change
>>
>>78010712

I'm talking about whether fatalism (a kind of determinism) is valid

I never said we had decided to evolve to this level of sentience
>>
>>78009227
This and also lots of keks.
>>
File: Homo+Capensis.jpg (141 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Homo+Capensis.jpg
141 KB, 800x800
>>77999142
We're a self-replicating hybrid species of one of the extinct hominid species and homo capensis.
Homo capresis are the tall, advanced people that build all those ancient wonders.
Some left the planet, the rest went underground around the time of the disaster that caused the ice age.
>>
>>78010712
>Couple thousand years ago
Burger, it's been 250k years since Homo Sapiens appeared, and about 2M since the Homo Erectus.
>>
>>78003542
We share ancestor my Bulgarian brother :-)

We are pretty much the same :D
>>
>>78011029

semantics
>>
>>78010850
molecular DNA correlation studies, nigger

machines look at every single fucking molecule in your dna and count the differences
>>
>>78010858
>huur evolution don't exist! le dinosaur le livedd with le humans :DDDDDD Dog bless!
>>
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 840x291) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 840x291
>>78011179
>>
>>78010858
>Muh bible must always be correct
You're little better than mudslimes in that aspect.
>>
>>78005980
>Reapers

My name is Commander Sheppard, and I approve this message
>>
>>78011281
I'm quite religious myself, but American creationism is one of the most retarded theories ever. Believing in evolution does not exclude the possibility of a God existing
>>
>evolution isn't real goys, race is a social construct :^)
eat shit jews
>>
>>77999142
No you Neanderthal. We evolved from Apes.

Get a fucking education.
>>
>>78011377
Being creationist is also dumb inside the Churchs, all religions already accept the theory of Evolution.
>>
>>78011299

Only epistemologically. Ethically, we're miles apart
>>
>>78010023
Gravity is a theory.

The Theory of Gravity suggests that all bodies in the Universe are attracted to each other by some force, which is porportional to the product of their masses divided by the distance between them, squared.

Before Newton, people just thought shit fell to the ground for some reason.

Nobody thought that the moon, let alone the sun and the earth felt the same force.
>>
>>77999142
>US Education, every single Time

No, monkeys and humans have a close common ancestor.
>>
>>78004475
our common ancestors are similar to monkeys
>>
File: obama monkey.jpg (88 KB, 550x374) Image search: [Google]
obama monkey.jpg
88 KB, 550x374
>>77999142

No, but you elected one to be your president.
>>
>>78011460
exactly. It's just for edgy teenagers who want to be contrarian at all costs
>>
>>78006955
Recommend some reading material on this subject.
Also, if the bad guys won, why did they all disappear?
>>
>>78011179

>I will believe literally anything a fancy rich man tells me to believe
>I am by nature subservient to wealth, power, and the assumed knowledge of others and am predisposed to believing in them no matter what the consequence to myself and loved ones
>following literal retards and disgracing the name of "Caesar" (a rather fancy lad himself) thousands of years ago
>hundreds of years ago, we did the same thing around the cult of the fancy church lads
>today we all believe that things just happen for absolutely no reason, all of existence came to be due to nothing happening for eternity until all of a sudden shit starts exploding and the explanation is literally "because nothing happened for so long of a non-time that all of time and space came into existence out of some tiny singularity of Stuff within an infinite expanse of nothing
>we believe this because the fancy men in lab coats and business suits tell us that this is totally what happened you guys believe us or you're retarded
>we will kill ourselves if a fancy enough dude tells us it's for the greater good

you guys are living proof that evolution isn't real, you never ever ever change
>>
>>78011299

haven't even mentioned God once, only that effects do not occur without cause
>>
>>78011587

Still better than most western teenagers tbph

Bunch of vapid little self-entitled scientistic shits
>>
File: image.jpg (174 KB, 487x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
174 KB, 487x480
>>78011377
>>78011460
"So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth." Revelation 3:16 (ESV)
>>
File: christian morality.png (352 KB, 1000x466) Image search: [Google]
christian morality.png
352 KB, 1000x466
>>78011744
>I will believe literally anything a fancy rich man tells me to believe

There's a certain degree of irony to a creationist making that claim.
>>
>>78011744
>today we all believe that things just happen for absolutely no reason, all of existence came to be due to nothing happening for eternity until all of a sudden shit starts exploding and the explanation is literally "because nothing happened for so long of a non-time that all of time and space came into existence out of some tiny singularity of Stuff within an infinite expanse of nothing
I'm talking about creationism here. Not why the Big Bang happen or how matter came into existance.
Do you really belive that humans and dinosaurs lived in the same period? When we can trace how old fossiles are and we can clearly see that humans are much younger than dinosaurs or is this just b8?
>>
>>78004475
They were similar to other lesser primates, but not the same as the monkeys we have today.

Evolution does not work like Pokémon. There is no guarantee of an increase in complexity or intelligence. It can just as easily go backwards or go virtually nowhere at all for millions of years.
>>
>>77999417
That's racist man, come on
>>
>>78001575
People thinking that the earth was flat is just a huge myth that has already been debunked countless of times.
>>
>>78003582
You aren't evolved from a nigger, niggers didn't exist back then.
Both you and niggers are evolved from a common primate ancestor.
>>
>>78011791
Trust me I have no sympathy for the average "I love science! *vapes and tips fedora*" teenager.
Yet I hate extremists on the other side as well.
Religion should be, at least for me it is, something private and personal, not something you have to flaunt around to show it off. Same with modern "scientist intellectuals" who just end up being nihilists because they have completely discarded all morals.
Balance is key in all things
>>
>>78011744
We don't know what was before the big bang or exactly how it occurred. It is merely our best current explanation, and it is always subject to change pending new evidence.

With science you have to be able to accept that nothing is ever certain and we don't have an answer for everything. While we have a pretty good understanding of many subjects, new evidence could come along any time and totally invalidate everything we thought we knew.
>>
>>78011115
>>78011115

>Every single fucking molecule in your dna

topkek m8. DNA is a single molecule, in fact, it's the biggest molecule we know. machines sequence the dna and software uses alignment tools like BLAST to construct phylogenetic trees
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 500x306) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 500x306
>>78012010
>that flag
>>
>>78011115

Doesn't that imply that Brazilians are ubermensch god men since they are about the same distance to Europeans as the Europeans are to Africans?

This seems to be a tool to show relatedness to other humans, not relatedness to apes.
>>
File: cowboy.png (75 KB, 268x367) Image search: [Google]
cowboy.png
75 KB, 268x367
>>78012557
>that flag
>>
>>78012104

>religion (Christianity) has to be something private rather than collective

Then you have been thoroughly Americanised

Have fun growing apart from each other
>>
>>78012663
Touché
>>
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 1280x674) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 1280x674
>>78012579
I think this'll be a bit more useful for the apes.
>>
File: SeparatedCindy2.jpg (101 KB, 500x428) Image search: [Google]
SeparatedCindy2.jpg
101 KB, 500x428
>>77999142
You evolved from Dinosaurs.
>>
>>78012839
probably since the units are greater than .01

But that would undercut his argument.
>>
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 600x600
>>78012793
Here's a more accurate portrayal.
>>
>>78012579

You're correct. The picture of the phylogenetic tree visualizes the distance between different humans. We can conclude from this picture that all humans on earth (except Africans) are more related to eachother, than to Africans.

If you put it to perspective with other animals, like apes of other mammals, the differences between humans would be so small, that on that scale, it's neglectable.
>>
File: thumb-up-terminator+pablo+M+R.jpg (44 KB, 500x406) Image search: [Google]
thumb-up-terminator+pablo+M+R.jpg
44 KB, 500x406
>>78012104
>Balance is key in all things
>>
>>78011864

cause and effect is an observable phenomena
things do not just happen for no reason

the "fancy church lads" section in the previous post was code for what you're referring to. Organized religion is obviously a scam, but that doesn't negate cause and effect

>Do you really belive that humans and dinosaurs lived in the same period?

strawman
>>
File: image.jpg (635 KB, 1240x1012) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
635 KB, 1240x1012
>>78013087
I saw it as more of a red herring than anything else.
>>
>>78013056

>I keep the right balance of AIDS (Islam) in my body: the Brit
>>
File: 1465503304175.jpg (97 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1465503304175.jpg
97 KB, 800x800
>people think biology is a respectable science

basically psych tier in this day and age. You should be able to figure it out on your own after a few high school courses
>>
>>78003058

>>78007060
And evidence/plausibility.

Micro-evolution is relatively short-term minor alterations. Dog breeding could be considered an arguable example, but even a Great Dane and shitzu are still the same species.

Macro-evolution is long-term major adaptations. Like a fish evolving into a bird, given enough time.

You can believe the first because it's plausible and demonstrable. Animals can alter themselves to adapt to their habitat given enough time, certain genes can become more prominent through natural selection, etc.

>Haha you don't believe that the same mechanism that makes micro-evolution work will also work for major transformations like growing wings, an asexual organism developing a male/female sexual system, or developing eyes? It's the same exact thing dude, just given more time
>>
>>78013385

Please explain me then how you would research new medicine on a genomic level or how you can create new vaccines and I'll respect your opinion. Otherwise fuck off.
>>
File: 1385057524581.jpg (165 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1385057524581.jpg
165 KB, 640x480
>>78003675
>you can't disprove existence of unknown (god)
>you can't disprove nonexistence of unknown (life outside earth)
>>
>>78013948

>assuming sentient life outside Earth would have arisen through evolution
>>
File: 1454407807906.jpg (911 KB, 1515x2079) Image search: [Google]
1454407807906.jpg
911 KB, 1515x2079
>>77999142
>>
>>78001575
>>78012033
People have know the earth is round since at least the time of the Ancient Greeks.
>>
>>77999142

We're a combination of an early hominid native to this planet and an off-world species. Caucasian and Asian people have the highest amount of the extraterrestrial DNA.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 68

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.