[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Red pill me on the H-1B visa and Indians /pol/.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 350x225) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 350x225
Red pill me on the H-1B visa and Indians /pol/.
>>
its flip flops according to my CTR manager
>>
>>77939853
Companies push out older workers that make too much and hire 3 Indians in his place for a net gain of 10 shekels a year which makes their jewish shareholders rub their hands with glee.
>>
>>77940909
/thread
>>
>>77940909
pretty much
I'm sure there are some exceptions here and there but not anywhere near enough to justify that bullshit
>>
Modern day indentured servitude. Companies would rather have a employee that they can threaten with deportation than a citizen that competitors can poach from them.
>>
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 600x597) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 600x597
So is Trump against this shit or infavor? Becuase if he is in favor on not voting for his ass becuase Killary Kliton is probably in favor of it.
>>
>>77940909

This is pretty much how it works in Canada

Added bonuses occur when the employee can't speak English well enough to read labour laws or contact legal help. The other fun part is the ethnic nepotism associated with the practice.
>>
>>77941581
He is against.

Increase prevailing wage for H-1Bs. We graduate two times more Americans with STEM degrees each year than find STEM jobs, yet as much as two-thirds of entry-level hiring for IT jobs is accomplished through the H-1B program. More than half of H-1B visas are issued for the program's lowest allowable wage level, and more than eighty percent for its bottom two. Raising the prevailing wage paid to H-1Bs will force companies to give these coveted entry-level jobs to the existing domestic pool of unemployed native and immigrant workers in the U.S., instead of flying in cheaper workers from overseas. This will improve the number of black, Hispanic and female workers in Silicon Valley who have been passed over in favor of the H-1B program. Mark Zuckerberg’s personal Senator, Marco Rubio, has a bill to triple H-1Bs that would decimate women and minorities.
>>
File: 1459479171379s.jpg (1 KB, 125x87) Image search: [Google]
1459479171379s.jpg
1 KB, 125x87
I can't speak for Indians, but the charter school system I used to teach at abused the fuck out of the visas.

It was bad enough that 50-60% of the teachers/staff were Turkish, but they were all utterly incompetent, cliquish, and hardly spoke English. They also got paid more than the other teachers, despite doing next to nothing, and usually having little education.

Thank god they're under investigation for the visa scandal, among other things.
>>
>>77940909

The thing is how long is that older worker actually out of work for? I've never known anyone who can code to be out of work for long.

I've known former coders who went into management struggle, and people who thought BASIC would keep them employed forever and never bothered keeping up to date struggle though. But actual older coders who stayed up to date and said fuck managing? They're all making good money still.
>>
It makes the poos into slaves. Imagine if losing your job also meant you would also be deported.

They do cheap shitty work in general.

It takes very high paying jobs from educated citizens.
>>
>>77942138
Depends. I can't comment on coders specifically, but in general sometimes a worker can jump right into something else because they've been seeing it coming and planned ahead.

Sometimes they'll join a consulting group to manage the Pajeets (at discounted pay and no benefits). Others are just shit out of luck because like you said, they thought they were in a good spot and didn't heed the warning signs.

Aside from the workers losing, the customers are the real losers. The whole prospect is a brain drain on the company. The older workers aren't interchangeable cogs in a wheel; just an employee ID and a salary. Often times they know how to work within the company to get things done, as much as corporations try and structure things (often in a retarded way) without informal channels of communication and inter-departmental relationships developed over years greasing the wheels, shit that could be resolved in a matter of hours now takes months. You can't teach Pajeets this, plus they have no idea what they're doing to begin with. Then you have the managers that got them into this predicament fudging customer satisfaction numbers to justify their retardation.
>>
>>77942476
Indians in the states have a 6 figure median household income
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.