[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is /pol/ reading?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 19
File: images (4).jpg (19 KB, 180x280) Image search: [Google]
images (4).jpg
19 KB, 180x280
Reading pic related right now. Was I the only one who was rooting for Brady to blow up that teenybopper concert in the first book? Does anyone think King would get in trouble if someone copied one of Hartsfields's domestic terror plots? Thank God sandniggers can't read.

Also, get off Stephen King's ass. He's playing their game, and it's obvious to anyone that's been reading him for decades like I have. Constant Readers know what this guy's about, and some bullshit handjob tweets to the SJW crowd mean absolutely nothing (although you know Roland being black had to be a serious kick in the nuts for him). Also, aside from the home invasion that started Finders Keepers, Morrie did nothing wrong.

So what are you guys reading? Fiction, non-fiction, whatever. Also, who wins tomorrow? I got 500 on the Cavs +5 1/2.

Btw, this is /pol/ related. We're all more or less like-minded people, so what facets of popular culture we collectively take part in is a relavent topic.

>1 post by this id
>>
>>77729397
Where do y'all niggas get the time to read? Reading was a huge hobby of mine when I was a kid in school and I had no friends because I moved all the time, but now I find that I just don't have the time to read unless you download an audiobook and listen to it in the gym and car.
>>
king is full #nevertrump fuck him
>>77729862
i read for personal betterment. I've been doing alot of stock-related reading. so i pick it up when i can
>>
Just got done reading all of Lovecraft's work, now I'm reading as much weird fiction and ghost stories as I can. I feel like this can be my thing. The guy that knows everything about 1800's and 1900's ghost stories.
>>
>>77729397
A Primate's Memoir - Robert Sapolsky
>>
>>77729397
Analysis on manifolds by Munkres, and The Story of Philosophy by Durant.

>>77729862
I have this problem as well. Most everything I read has to do with mathematics or computer sicence.
>>
>>77729862
I can't get into audio books. It's like having someone wipe your ass for you. Sure, it would be nice, but I think I can handle it.

Sometimes it's hard to get started reading, but if it's a good book that hooks you right away, you can get lost for hours.
People shit on SK, even though half of the people who do have probably never read a single book by him. It isn't hard to make an argument that regardless of his (alleged) deficiencies as a writer, he is unequivocally the greatest storyteller in literary history.

How many times have you found yourself shitposting on /pol/ or some other board you frequent or watching jewtube videos and then realize you've been doing it for HOURS. I've been fucking around on here and trolling pro-muzzie twats on The Intercept for the last 3 hours, and for what?

Unhook yourself from the internet, pick up a book, and start reading. I know far too well how addictive this place can be, but I guarantee it will be far more rewarding to read a nice, enjoyable book.

I've been crafting an intelligent, acerbic response to Gavin's latest poorly-written,subversive bullshit of an article for half an hour when I have part 3 of a highly-entertaining trilogy right here in front of me. Makes no fucking sense.

Make time to read. When you die, you won't regret the things you've done. You'll regret the things you didn't do.
>>
File: the deluge.jpg (61 KB, 220x293) Image search: [Google]
the deluge.jpg
61 KB, 220x293
Currently reading this, comes recommended by Morality Man. Pretty revelatory stuff.
>>
>>77732310
>The Story of Philosophy by Durant.

So this just basically gives summations of nine noted philosophers? Does it critique them, or just lay them out?

Also, where's Kierkegaard? I was raised strict Southern Baptist but I just assumed most athiests would gravitate towards him. Is he just too obscure or do you consider it an oversight by the author?
>>
>>77729397

> pol
> read
>>
File: 1466239495992-pol.png (371 KB, 633x656) Image search: [Google]
1466239495992-pol.png
371 KB, 633x656
>>77729397
In this book SK likens the villain <in a coma> to Trump. The Villain is a old white guy, that gets drugs that turn him into a wizard. He then gets software to hypnotize people and he can meme them to death. With out any more spoilers I'll just say this, SK checks out all the Internet and from what I read, he mocks KEK. Add king to the 2016 death watch. I rate this book 10/10 because I now hate this bias that even seeps into my nonfiction escape. Fucking were do I get a copy of mein kampf....

>>77731324
Yep 100% can tell just by the book.
As a life long Stephen King fan, pirate this shit and check this kike propaganda out.
>>
>>77733169
>So this just basically gives summations of nine noted philosophers?
There are small portions devoted to "lesser" philosophers but it mostly focuses on nine philosophers, yes.

>Does it critique them, or just lay them out?
In my opinion if there is critique, it is included because some other of the philosophers in the book pointed it out.

>Also, where's Kierkegaard? I was raised strict Southern Baptist but I just assumed most athiests would gravitate towards him. Is he just too obscure or do you consider it an oversight by the author?
I do not know as I know very little about the matter. I wanted to get into philosophy and a professor recommended this book. Could you explain why you think that (i.e. the gravitating) happens?
>>
File: 1466145679557-pol.jpg (40 KB, 722x349) Image search: [Google]
1466145679557-pol.jpg
40 KB, 722x349
>>77729397
Bump
>>
File: 1466197767985-pol.gif (1 MB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1466197767985-pol.gif
1 MB, 800x800
>>77729397
Bump
>>
>>77729397
I'm reading End of Watch right now, and I find it hilarious how Hartsfield is literally a technomancer.

That being said, I miss the old SK when he actually used to write horror. This coming from a faggot who read Stephen King's It in like, seventh grade back in the late nineties.
>>
File: 1465723543574-pol.jpg (9 KB, 399x388) Image search: [Google]
1465723543574-pol.jpg
9 KB, 399x388
>>77734314
Technomancy is a term in science fiction and fantasy that refers to a category of magical abilities that affect technology, or to magical powers that are gained through the use of technology

HOPE YOU LIKE PINK FISH
>green frogs
>>
File: hDqzZ49l.jpg (49 KB, 427x640) Image search: [Google]
hDqzZ49l.jpg
49 KB, 427x640
>>77731324
>king is full #nevertrump fuck him

This is in no way meant to be an insult, but may I ask how old you are? I have physically fought protesters and have vehemently supported Trump solely based on two assumptions:
A. He's a huckster carnival barker who can't be trusted on a lot of things, but can be trusted on the most important thing in this election cycle. He's the ONLY candidate who's right on immigration, both pepperbelly and snackbars have to go back/don't even THINK about sneaking in.
B. He's been a Hillary plant from the outset, but I prefer Bill-by-Proxy as POTUS than fucking Jeb or that pizza-faced Canadian that eats boogers and touches his kids inappropriately.

Political views are irrelevant. We're discussing books, anon. What's the last one you read, and what's your favorite of all time?

What do you guys think of the new Pennywise? (pic related)

Anyone think Cleveland can pull it off tomorrow? Or at least not lose by more than 5?

Hate break, niggers.
>>
File: 1466135937656-pol.jpg (358 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1466135937656-pol.jpg
358 KB, 900x900
>>77729397
T.onlyotherpolactoreadthisbook
>>
>>77729397
Birth of Tragedy by Friedrich Nietzche
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
>>77729397
>what is /pol/ reading.
X-men title comic books. Pic related, Domino solo throw back from 1997.
>>
King has gotten progressively worse over time. I wouldn't bother reading anything he's written in the last 10 years. Dr. Sleep was the second worst book I've ever read, absolutely garbage.

His son has already surpassed him in terms of writing quality.
>>
I'm starting to really get into poetry lately.

For those who don't think it's gay, what are some of /pol/'s favorite poets?
>>
>>77731324
>I only read books by authors who share my political leanings
lol wow.
>>
>>77729862

You know those 6 hours you spend shitposting on here every day? You can read like half a book in that time.
>>
>>77735603
you have de gay m8
>>
>>77735603
T.S. Eliot is essential. Incredible poet.

He also hated the jews, so that's a bit of a bonus.
>>
>>77729397
Just finished Chernow's Hamilton bio which was pretty well researched and only contained minor annoyances in terms of author editorials. Started reading Schiller's History of the 30 years war. I'm a history teacher so i mostly stick to non-fiction history or philosohy
>>
>>77729397
I finished 11/22/63 not to long ago which I really enjoyed, other than that I really haven't read many books by King, I want to read the Stand and Misery soon though.
>>
>>77732334
i like audio-books when i'm washing the dishes or hiking but i have to listen to something relatively inconsequential because obviously i can't take notes
>>
File: ergergerger.png (690 KB, 570x854) Image search: [Google]
ergergerger.png
690 KB, 570x854
>>77729397
After you've taken the red pill and fully digested it, the next step is taking the grey pill.

http://www66.zippyshare.com/v/8G94zAnC/file.html
>>
File: 1465938005622-pol.jpg (445 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1465938005622-pol.jpg
445 KB, 499x499
>>77735188
No one cares about ape ball. He invited political interpretation into the book when the name Donald Trump made the final revision. Kek is comeing for this cunt that mocks his will, SK death watch 2016, End of watch will unironicly be his last book. Kek wills it PBUH.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>77729397
Dune
>half way through
Count of monte Cristo
>next on the list
Tale of two cities
>on list
Storm of steel
>on my shelf
>>
>>77736320
>downloading stuff from /b/

I seriously hope you guys don't do this
>>
>>77736534

>Count of Monte Cristo
Have fun with the hundreds of pages of pointless subplots.
>>
>>77731324
Trump is a rogue tulpa Stephen King created when he wrote the Dead Zone.Greg Stillson.
>>
>>77736649
Relax, it's just ebooks.
>>
File: 279_box_348x490_original.jpg (123 KB, 348x490) Image search: [Google]
279_box_348x490_original.jpg
123 KB, 348x490
Currently reading pic related.
>>
>>77737068
You're reading a movie?
>>
File: images (2).jpg (11 KB, 188x236) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
11 KB, 188x236
>>77735603
People will make fun of me for feeding you entry-level shit, but fuck em. Not big into poetry, but The Wasteland by T.S. Eliot is something even a dummy like me can recognize as a masterpiece. Probably my favorite, but Edgar Allen Poe's poetic works can dredge up emotions that can stagger anyone with any depressive life experiences.

I got into Robert Browning based solely on his poem 'Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came' being the basis for King's Dark Tower series. Dante's Inferno is pretty much how I envision Hell. Even if you don't like the poetry, the images inspired by it are both beautiful and nightmarish. Definitely worth checking out.

Also, if you're a complete beginner ( nothing wrong with that) check out Robert Frost. Not a single living person cannot NOT relate to The Road Less Taken.

>>77733913
I want to address this, because I see an obvious corollary here. I have to go cook my son and I a pizza. If this thread stays bumped for an hour or two, I'll be back.
>>
>>77737986
No. The movie is based off a book.
>>
File: MG.jpg (15 KB, 187x270) Image search: [Google]
MG.jpg
15 KB, 187x270
Sound familiar to anyone else?

The life of a few in this world could be filled with Meaning by means of a work in
oneself, collaborating "synchronically" with Gods of other worlds.

For Pythagoras mathematics and numbers meant something else. They were living
symbols of a spiritual mystery. Magic, Alchemy of Transmutation. For the polar
Nordics they were the sacred Runes.

Even more, to be able to advance through these dangerous and
unknown territories other means would have been needed, new formulas I would
not have known where to find, if a "synchronistic" event had not intervened, a
"chance full of meaning" produced just in that instant, as if someone had been
watching and came to the rescue. Thus the alchemist's verdict was fulfilled: "It
does not matter how alone you are, if you realize the right work then unknown
friends will come to your aid."
>>
>>77738703
>I want to address this, because I see an obvious corollary here. I have to go cook my son and I a pizza. If this thread stays bumped for an hour or two, I'll be back.
I'll try to keep the thread alive. I honestly want to hear whatever you have to say.

>>77735603
>For those who don't think it's gay
This is one of the things that always puzzled me. Basically all my life I've though that poetry is useless and stupid, but I cannot pinpoint the actual reason WHY I think this. Granted, a lot of poetry is crap, but 90% of everything is so that cannot be it. Some of the great poetry really does touch on important things, on a deeply human level (whatever that means). Do note that I read very little poetry.
>>
>>77732334
>I can't get into audio books. It's like having someone wipe your ass for you. Sure, it would be nice, but I think I can handle it.
This is of course true, but it must be noted that deliberate pacing and emphasis can help in understanding a book for those less familiar with the art of reading. A quirk of mine when reading is that I read too fast, not focusing on the details but on the big picture. I can track down the reason for this down to 6th grade, when I started properly reading English novels, e.g. David Eddings. I could not understand every word, but I sure as hell could get the big picture. Unfortunately, sometimes the devil is in the details. Audiobooks help with this, as they force me to listen.
>>
File: 1463081424978.webm (3 MB, 650x276) Image search: [Google]
1463081424978.webm
3 MB, 650x276
>>77729397
James Wambaugh - Hollywood Station

It's about good ole' cops in LA kicking niggers on the street and playing "pitbull polo" with latino dogs.

Fucking great material for a pol/ack.
>>
>>77740689
What is it with USA and fascination with the police?
>>
Rereading Scum Airways by John Sugden. I really like it.
Then I will reread Son by Jack Olsen. Another favourite.
>>
bumb
>>
Do so little people on /pol/ read books?
>>
File: 1466208285732-pol.jpg (104 KB, 780x800) Image search: [Google]
1466208285732-pol.jpg
104 KB, 780x800
Pink fish suck my balls.
>>
don't you go die on me
>>
File: Khalid Bin Walid_828.jpg (14 KB, 250x378) Image search: [Google]
Khalid Bin Walid_828.jpg
14 KB, 250x378
>>77729397
Big on ancient warfare, looking to see how exactly Islam rose and how it fought and won against Rome/Persia.

If you like Goldsworthy I recommend.
>>
>>77742246
Got a throwaway, Finland? Promise I'll hit you up if you do. Fascinated to know about other countries and cultures, and my sphere of countrymen acquaintances aren't too bright and I don't fuck with social media. I'm fucked for the day because my in-laws just popped up, but I'll hit you up if you leave an e-mail. Just delete it one minute larer... I'll be watching. Last time I gave my real e-mail, some cunt started posting my mugshots. I'm surrounded by dumb American criminals; be interested in hearing a foreign perspective that isn't based on juvenile insults and derogatory misconceptions.

If not, it's cool. Happy Father's Day if it applies. If you do post it, delete it 30 seconds later. I'll be watching for the next 5 minutes.
>>
>>77739640
I think poetry has a bad reputation because a lot of it is shit.

But the great masterpieces of poetry are masterpieces for a reason.

Right now, I'm reading the complete poems of John Keats and it's pretty amazing how much that can be analyzed just from a tiny 14 line sonnet.
When it's done right, it's amazing.

But I think things like slam poetry, teens writing gothy poetry, and muh vagina feminist modernist poetry....these are the things why poetry is pretty much dead and not respected anymore. Which is a shame.
>>
>>77729397

Started Victor Hugo's Les Miserables, it's very good so far and the style is gripping.
>>
>>77744531
>>77742246
What is this about? I don't get it.
[email protected]
>>
>>77745264
Cool. Delete the post. Talk later. Have to pretend I like my girl's family
>>
>>77743613
Khalid is a real nigga, the only Muslim I'll ever give props to. That guy was a fantastic general, shame he's the main reason Islam spread as far as it did. Fucking Byzantines
>>
>>77745497
Don't sweat it, toothpaste. It's how us Hillshills communicate. Go about your business.
>>
>>77735188
>we're talking about books!
>hey how about those niggers?
starting strength is the best book of this century
>>
>>77744531
>[email protected]
>>77745264
>>77745564
[email protected]
>>
>>77729397
Game of Thrones right now. Thinking about starting up The Histories afterwards.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.