[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I may actually vote for trump now.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37
File: 4L_CLeyjJ2H.jpg (58 KB, 750x445) Image search: [Google]
4L_CLeyjJ2H.jpg
58 KB, 750x445
I may actually vote for trump now.
>>
>>77353637
>restricting the rights of those not formally convicted or even charged with a crime

Well, it IS current year 2016 I guess.
>>
>>77353637

Dunno if this is a fake tweet or not, but it certainly is consistent with his pro-gun control background.
>>
Why doesn't the constitution guarantee your right to buy and operate heroin?
>>
>>77353637
SHALL
>>
>>77353637
Correct me if I'm wrong but can't you still buy guns from private owners?
>>
>>77353953
fuck you, irish prick

you are the niggers of europe.

you're not white

kill yourselve
>>
>>77353953

It wasn't a right that was consistently violated by oppressive governments at the time. Not on the radar.

And it's not a necessity for protecting individual liberty.
>>
>>77353843
>mfw /pol/ finally realizes that, yes, it is the current year
>>
File: 1453113468047.jpg (2 MB, 3000x3000) Image search: [Google]
1453113468047.jpg
2 MB, 3000x3000
>go to buy a gun
>background check fails for some reason
>discover the FBI has you on a terrorist watch list

Imagine that situation unfolding.
>>
>it's real
fuck me, our gun rights are fucked
>>
>>77354044

You are correct. We'd have to expand background checks to cover private sales, which isn't happening.
>>
It's quite obvious he's saying they're going to discuss a counter to that proposal. The NRA would never go for what he tweeted.
>>
This is good, he'll pull more lefties. Not to mention the no fly list should be edited. Doesn't make sense the way it is now
>>
>>77353637
Holy shit when the the bill of rights become the bill of recommendations?
>>
>>77353637
He's meeting to discuss why that's a bad idea
>>
>>77353858
it's not fake. And to be fair, it's fairly lenient compared to what liberals want to do.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/743078235408195584
>>
>>77353637

LITERALLY nothing wrong with this
>>
>>77354215

It's not like there weren't signs that everybody just happily ignored.
>>
>>77354198
>proceed to going to full "Might aswell" mode

sounds like a great idea
>>
File: 1465944999324.jpg (11 KB, 225x169) Image search: [Google]
1465944999324.jpg
11 KB, 225x169
>>77354055
Rude
>>
>>77354245

It's likely they will counter, but the real story is that he tweeted this at all, not the NRA's reaction.
>>
>>77353637
The Trump method:

>say dumb shit
>Hillary explains to you in great detail why you're retarded
>readjust position so that it is closer to Hillary's
>>
I don't like the idea of singling out people who haven't been convicted, but it's better that than banning "Assault weapons".
>>
>>77353843
Anyone who follows the Quran shouldn't purchase a gun period here.
>>
>>77353637
>secure nomination
>start going full libtard

I fucking told you, guys.
>>
>>77354198
That already happens

>Get ready to board your flight
>Going through security
>Get pulled aside
>Get told your on the no-fly list and that you must leave immediately
>Ask why you are on the no-fly list
>Lel I dunno it just says here your on the no-fly list
>Who do you call to contest it?
>Lel nobody is really sure 100% who runs the no-fly list
>>
>>77353858
it's real alright but as >>77353843 pointed out, I don't think this shit will fly with the NRA
>>
I suppose none of you retards see a problem with a supposed Presidential candidate "meeting with the NRA" to discuss legislation instead of.. you know.. CONGRESS?

This sort of shit is why our country is fucked.
>>
>>77354219
even if passed, it'd be unenforcable because lol no central register to even know who has what
>>
File: 1464305253460.jpg (45 KB, 601x508) Image search: [Google]
1464305253460.jpg
45 KB, 601x508
>>77353637
>Tfw all of us get put on a no-buy "terrorist" list for posting on a Taiwanese knitting forum.
>>
>>77353637
Only if they greatly reworked the no-fly list so it actually works. But that would never happen.
>>
>>77354450
>I don't like the idea of singling out people who haven't been convicted
You kind of have to be a moron though to wind up on a terrorist watch list or a no fly list.
>>
>>77353965

NOT

seriously though that is bad juju. you don't know if your on th e list, and you can't always appeal to get off it. bad times.

faggot better say no, the Orlando fag wasn't one the no fly anyways.

in fact there isn't a single instance of someone on the no fly buying a gun and alluah snakbaring.
>>
>>77353843
Rights should only apply to white christian males, not muhammad allahu akbars.
>>
>>77354456
This
>>
It sounds like an effective idea on its face but consider that Omar could have just gotten his wife to buy the rifle, and she wasn't under any investigation.
>>
Here comes the populism

The population, even on the right, doesn't understand what a constitutionally protected right means. It would be the moral equivalent of restricting free speech because you are on a list.

And the justification for taking american rights is a reaction to what muslim terrorists are doing. Giving leftist administrations an incentive to let these attacks happen so they can keep blaming guns. And when these terrorists can't buy guns in stores, they'll buy them from abu hajaar, pretty much taking away the only warning you had something was about to happen.

The only thing that makes sense is to compare you to a terror watch list and no fly list when they do your background check. Require firearm retailers to notify the FBI if the purchaser is flagged so they can investigate and stake him out. Maybe you'll catch stupid terrorists this way, maybe you won't.
>>
>>77354219
That's because it's impossible to police without requiring a gun registry and all gun registries in murica have led to co-ordinated confiscation ala jew york.
>>
>>77353637
>>77353843

The only response to the idea of these shitty lists not getting guns is to mock how shitty the lists are. When the day comes that the lists are respectable enough to not be mocked then you can limit people on them.
>>
>>77354215
>not letting mentally ill nutjobs buy guns means your rights are taken away
Come on mate, you don't need to think in extremes.
>>
>>77353637
So the NRA finally caved?
>>
Islam is a terrorist organization. Any member is not a a US citizen because they are enemies of the state. They have no rights in my country.
>>
>>77354614
there were cases of children with names like the ones on the no fly list who were mistreated by TSA and not allowed on board because of a simple clerical error
>>
>>77354641

But any laws put into place will be applied in the opposite way.
>>
>>77354640
>under investigation by the FBI
>not on no-fly

Pick one.
>>
>>77354462
The NRA will shoot it down.

There is only one kind of gun legislation the NRA supports and that is importation restrictions since the NRA receives donations from most major American gun makers.

This is just a show for the leftists to prove he is willing to discuss different possibilities. Call me when he actually implements it, than I'll be pissed.
>>
>>77353637
>no fly list
>banning guns

alright I'm voting libertarian

trump has officially lost me
>>
>>77354044
Back ground checks for private sales are legally impossible to enforce. How ever if you're caught selling a weapon to someone legally not allowed to own them the ATF will rape you and your dog.

Banning people from no fly lists or terrorist watch lists wouldn't of stopped the Orlando shootings seeing as the FBI cleared the guy twice.
>>
>>77354737
Then you need to take back your government and country
>>
>>77354719
>So the NRA finally caved?

Why would they cave now. The lists should be reformed before this is even considered. This guy was investigated closely. If you want to fix anything this proves you need to fix the investigations so that they work.
>>
>>77354703
I'm pretty sure it's split tactics. Like the libertarian meme that's always pushed here.
>>
>>77354055
Whoa there Denmark, you are literally nothing.
>>
>>77354778
Johnson advocates for more gun control.
>>
>>77354751
Hillary seems to fly fairly often.
>>
this is going to spin everything around
will he lose republican support? gain liberal support? this election is full of surprises
>>
>>77354699
Once Trump is elected all Muslims will be on the terror lists and all non-Muslims won't be.

So that would fix that issue.
>>
>I'll be meeting with the NRA about violating due process

Yeah good luck with that.
>>
>>77353637

What's exactly wrong about stopping people linked with ISIS/Al qaeda to buy guns?

It's like saying guns shouldn't be sold to children. It's falls on the ground of basic responsability.
>>
you faggots, this is just to impress libshits
>>
>>77354850
So did Nixon you fucking faggot.
>>
>>77354641
What about roof koreans they do just as much to remove the shit and kebab that don't hurry up and buy just as much.
>>
>>77354734
that's an error though, I'm talking about legitimately getting on the list.
>>
>>77354846
Wait never mind I'm retarded
>>
File: flip_flopper.png (386 KB, 1194x566) Image search: [Google]
flip_flopper.png
386 KB, 1194x566
>>77353637
Trump is just a flip flopper who will say anything just to gets votes. That's why trump supporters are fucking idiots.
>>
>>77354904
It's America.
They want children to own guns too.
>>
He probably just doesn't know how badly the No-Fly list is administered. He's a sensible guy. As soon as he finds out about all the dead people and people with common names that are on the list for no good reason, he'll drop this terrible idea like a bag of rocks.

Right?
>>
>>77354703

Those lists have tons of people on them for no good reason who have to fight for years to get off. Tons of people just because of typos or similar names or just anything. Meanwhile they investigate the guy who is actually going to kill people closely and find nothing wrong.

I hope this tweet is poorly phrased it seems like bad news. The only thing the government can actually seem to do is fuck with law abiding citizens.
>>
>>77354873
It's not going to change anything. People who don't support Trump, 98% of the time, will NOT vote for him under any circumstances.
>>
>>77353637
there is literally nothing wrong with this
>>
>>77354904
Watch lists are created by the government. No trial or anything. If they say you are on there, you are on there. So whole factions could be rejected rights.
>>
>>77354954

Ya there is no difference being on the list is being on the list. And the list is run like shit.
>>
So right now you can buy guns even if you are on these lists? Get your shit together before you are a failed state ffs
>>
>stripping people's rights without due process
Fun fact, anyone can be put on the watch list, no oversight so basically all it takes to disarm people you don't like and there is nothing you can do about it.

Fuck that
>>
I agree the second amendment was written with whites in mind. The founding fathers never envisioned the savage nigger would become a citizen.
>>
When the Founding Fathers wrote the Constitution and created the 2nd Amendment, they wanted everyone to be able to own a firearm.

Except womyn, niggers, and mudslimes.
Case closed /

Let's do what the Founding Fathers intended.
>>
File: commonpepe.png (218 KB, 600x579) Image search: [Google]
commonpepe.png
218 KB, 600x579
>>77353637
I support him on this for the simple reason that muslims have no rights.
>>
>>77354904

People have to fight for a year to even figure out while they are on there and plenty of them are not connected to shit.
>>
>>77354954
tell that to families whose vacations got ruined because of said errors

same could happen to would-be gun owners
>>
>>77354975
Don't look at his actions look at his memes
>>
>>77354614
I'm sure there's plenty of people on that list who are just retards who thought it would be funny to yell 'boom' while their flight was going through turbulence, or decided they didn't like the fat creepy TSA guy molesting them.
>>
>>77353637
I give him credit, he is going to the right people about this
>>
>>77354904

Zero due process.
>>
the no fly list is a bad metric to write gungrab laws around

the no fly list automatically drops names onto itself, without oversight. have a name similar to a terrurist? BOOM YOU'RE FLAGGED. travel a lot? BOOM YOU'RE FLAGGED (even fucking war correspondent journalists have been placed on no-fly list)

the government wants to ban guns? boom, 11 million citizens are suddenly on the no fly list :^)
>>
>>77355131

>anyone can be put on a watch list

Yeah, and the Us Gov. still does fuck all about the people on it... They knew of that Omar Orlando faggot for years and still didn't do jack shit. Being put on a "watchlist" by the CIA, FBI, or NSA is essentially meaningless.
>>
File: 1464379528183.png (140 KB, 411x223) Image search: [Google]
1464379528183.png
140 KB, 411x223
>>77354474
does posting on /pol/ get you on the no-fly list?
>>
>>77355051
Ah okay. I didn't know the list was that strict. I thought it was for idiots that post shit on Twitter and Facebook about killing people or terrorist attacks on countries.

If that watch list was overhauled so it was actually effective it could work with Trump's idea in that tweet.
>>
>>77354751

the investigation was closed and that isn't the same as the no fly list.

Omar also had plenty of background checks, he was a courthouse security guard and a port authority guard. that is a lot more background checks than our president even got.
>>
>>77354456
>i only believe in the bill of rights when it favors me

SHALL
NOT
BE
INFRINGED
>>
>>77353637

that fucking scumbag

if this is real I can no longer consider him credible

news at 11

all Americans added to no fly list
>>
>>77355209
He should have gone to talk with the Gun Owners of America instead of the NRA who has a backbone about as stiff as a limp noodle.
>>
>>77355212
Are you retarded? The due process is investigating the suspect, and finding enough evidence of suspicious behaviour/contact with other known terrorists to put them on a watch list

Goddamn amerifats are stupid
>>
these lists remind me of the Chinese concept of administrative punishment by which citizens are put to reform through labour without actually being convicted of anything, sort of like getting a ticket for commiting a traffic infraction but instead of a fine you get 2 years of backbreaking labour
>>
I'm not so worried about this policy under Trump but it sets a precedent so President (Chelsea) Clinton can just put the entire NRA on a watch list and revoke rights with no oversight and no recourse.

How does this make sense to anyone?

And if you want to limit the people on these lists from doing something how about working for fucking Homeland Security? There's dozens if not hundreds of them working for DHS right now.
>>
>>77355372
He flipped flopped so many times it's a god damn gymnastics show.
>>
>>77353953
>Why doesn't the constitution guarantee your right to buy and operate heroin?

because the founders of our nation knew that the right to sell Heroin should be reserved for them alone, that the monopoly on Heroin dealing would be so profitable that only the aristocratic classes should be allowed to participate in it
>>
Why is everyone overreacting to this?

It's the equivalent of me writing "I'm going to discuss with me daughter about her dating black men".

The NRA is going to give him bullet points about how these lists are bullshit, and what he can say against Hillary to shoot (haha) her arguments down.
>>
>>77355274
Maybe. Nobody knows the system by which people are placed on the list.

The only way to know if your on the list is to try and fly somewhere and see if you get detained.
>>
>I'm going to DISCUSS an idea with the NRA about gun control measures
>HOLY FUCK GUN GRABBER!!! im a hillshill now
>>
are the courts completely cucked right now? would a ban on muslims and blacks owning guns be technically possible?
>>
>>77353843

>What is conspiracy?

And guess who was right? Not you, faggot.
>>
Nowhere in that tweet does he say that he supports banning people on a terrorist watch-list from getting guns.
>>
>>77353637
I'd be fine with that, as long as it doesn't go much further.
I'm not on either, so I still have my guns and can buy more.
>>
>>77355431
Are you retarded? The no-fly list isn't a list of people, it's a list of names. If you have the same name as a terrorist on the list, you're on the list too, and the easiest way to get off the list is the change your name.
>>
>>77355431

No, you're absolutely wrong, leaf.

It's a violation of both the 5th and 14th amendment.
>>
>>77354975

>general election coming up everyone talking about Muslim killing gays

I know lets bring up gays and abortion in the context of republicans being against them.

Let the man run without sabotage from his own party please.
>>
>>77353637

Good, he's gonna need all the votes he can garnish once he's BTFO in Nov
>>
In all likelihood he meets with the NBA, they explain why it is a shitty idea, and he then rejects it.
>>
>>77355523
>Why is everyone overreacting to this
I'm guessing because the fucker announced it publicly before actually consulting with relevant people on the subject
>>
>>77354975

That's it. The second he stopped feeding into my hatred for homsex is the minute he lost my vote. Ian now a #cruizemissle
>>
>>77355431
Thats not due process you fucking idiot.

All suspects are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. If you haven't proven their guilt in court, you can't start dishing out punishments.
>>
File: 1457346552245.png (72 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1457346552245.png
72 KB, 900x900
>>77355541
wouldnt it be easier to try to buy a gun?
in fact wouldn't it make more sense to rename the list to the no-guns list?
i mean thats what is proposed, right? that it has an added effect of stopping people from buying guns
>>
>>77355585
>would a ban on muslims and blacks owning guns be technically possible

shall not be infringed. Any crack in that will fuck everyone in the end. All citizens get the rights guaranteed by the constitution.
>>
A lot of quick judgements being made.

All he's said is that he is going to meet with a lobbyist group about an issue surrounding their interests. If he tweeted 'I support banning people on the 'no fly' and terrorist watchlists from being able to buy guns, and am going to talk to the NRA about it' THEN I would be worried.

>>77355653
What's the issue with that though? Prevents the meeting being scooped while and avoids 'Donald Trump seen shaking hands with NRA leaders after wining and dining them" type articles.
>>
>>77353637
Send them all back.
>>
>>77355855
Muzzies, niggers, and spics were never imagined to be able to be citizens when this amendment was written.
>>
>>77355612

Oh wow what a great strategy. Republicans should become Democrats on social issues and they will win the elections! That's how the rigt-wing politics will win....oh wait.
>>
>>77355866

The fact that he tweeted it AT ALL shows he's willing to be flexible on the issue and use it as a political tool.

Stop being so dense.
>>
>>77355866
he poised himself as the defender of 2A while this goes directly against it
>>
>>77355855
wording >>77355975 on this one. unassimilated son-of-afghani migrant is hardly someone who should be called a citizen
>>
File: anthony cucktano.jpg (27 KB, 392x390) Image search: [Google]
anthony cucktano.jpg
27 KB, 392x390
>>77353843
This.
>>
>>77355802
Well ya, in the theoretical instance this became a law than it would be much easier to just go to a gun store than to book a flight.

In either event, the point is that the list is bullshit. You can't even tell if your on it until it gets invoked.
>>
>/pol/ will defend this.

Also, why is he meeting with the NBA? Is he too much of a pussy to come up with his own policy? Trump is already showing that he will cave in to any special interest group willing to give him shekels. Looking more like Hillary every day.
>>
>>77355648
Fucking magic Johnson telling trump like it is.
>>
>>77353637

Under Obama, terrorists are patriots.

Under Trump terrorists are actually terrorists.
>>
>>77354215
You're on the terrorist watch list?
>>
This has alwas been his position you stupid fucks. Have you guys never checked his website? I disagree with him on this but that's normal. You are not supposed a great with a canadaite 100% donald ist perfect.
>>
File: All_Damn_Day-Erry_Damn_Day.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1539) Image search: [Google]
All_Damn_Day-Erry_Damn_Day.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1539
>>77354641
This is how the founders originally set it up.

You must be a FREE, white, land-owning male. (land could simply mean the parcel upon which your home is built on) I'm certain that as cities developed they would have made it home-owning male.

They knew that a bond-servant or shiftless vagabond could not be afforded a vote because they are retarded and are easily bribed to vote against the interests of the Nation.

Now women can vote.
Niggers can vote.
Homeless people can vote.
In some states...ANYONE can vote... including FOREIGN NATIONALS!

Franklin would throw a fucking fit and start hanging people if he could see what has happened .
>>
>>77356015
>stop being so dense

Hilarious since you're so dense that you see this as an official policy position from a tweet. God damn it, he quite clearly means they're discussing why it's a bad idea. If Nigel Farage tweeted "Going on BBC Radio to talk about the EU and the remain campaign", do you think he's pro EU now?
>>
>>77355523
Are Trump supporters this retarded? Like lol.
>>
>>77355468

The entire NRA is probably already on the watchlist, and so is Trump.
>>
How easy is it to get on either of those watch lists?

Is it basically "the government decides who can and can't buy a gun"? Because that's what it sounds like
>>
File: HABBENING.jpg (23 KB, 257x276) Image search: [Google]
HABBENING.jpg
23 KB, 257x276
>>77353843
>tfw Mein Fuhrer disarms all the mudslimes and spics lawfully
>tfw Trump would never disarm his loyal party members
>tfw Right Wing Death Squads

MAKE THIS HAPPEN
>>
>>77356169
>why is he meeting with a gun rights organization about gun rights
>>
>>77354563
>problem
Only the elite elected officials can have opinions dirty merchant class go home
>>
wtf, why are people against this idea?
>>
>>77356483

It is.
>>
>>77356015
Alternatively he's simply trying to reframe the discussion in the public sphere and counter some biases against him held by liberal types. For all we know he's already had conversations about this and all he's doing is posturing of one form or another, until he discloses what talking points from the conversation were.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if this is an attempt to channel the current outrage about the attack away from guns and towards the current government (the fact the guy was under investigation and managed to carry out the attacks)

Also wouldn't be that surprised if he was genuinely asking them their thoughts on the matter. but it's not a foregone conclusion thats the case.
>>
>>77356325

Q: You've talked about wanting to keep the terror watch list but, under current law, individuals on the terror watch list and the no-fly list have been allowed to buy guns and explosives. Are you OK with that?

TRUMP: We have to have a watch list, but we have the laws already on the books as far as Second Amendment for guns, if people are on a watch list or people are sick, this is already covered in the legislation that we already have,

Q: But under current law people on the watch list are allowed to buy guns.

TRUMP: If somebody is on a watch list and an enemy of state and we know it's an enemy of state, I would keep them away, absolutely.

Source: ABC This Week 2015 interviews of 2016 presidential hopefuls , Nov 22, 2015
>>
>>77353637
>selling guns to potential terrorists.

You don't actually do this, right?
>>
>>77356268
>This has alwas been his position you stupid fucks. Have you guys never checked his website?
https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/second-amendment-rights
What are you talking about?
>>
>>77353637
This would be absolutely fine If the Government didn't have full power to put anyone on a no-fly list for no reason without warning

Thanks Neocons
>>
>>77354446
Blow away, you fucking leaf
>>
The alphabet soup usually knows what's going down months before. What are you going to do when they allow the markers to get what they want?
Nra ain't shit. Trump is just talking.
>>
File: 1374592526743.jpg (40 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1374592526743.jpg
40 KB, 600x600
>>77354640
BE
>>
>>77354778
He hasnt endorsed that. Watching closely.
>>
>>77354904
>we can restrict the rights of whoever we want by placing them on a list
>the government should be able to have this power

That's some tyrannical shit right there. Literally anybody at any time can be 'put on a list' for no reason whatsoever. If you think the government should be able to take away the rights of anyone they deem suspect without due process by nonchalantly placing them on an arbitrary list, then you're commie scum.
>>
>>77356573

Because it violates our Constitution.

That's generally frowned upon by reasonable people.
>>
>>77354462
He can't win saying even suspected terrorists should have guns. What's he supposed to say "We need to put a temporary ban on Muslims because they might possibly be ISIS, but suspected ISIS members in the U.S. should be able to stockpile weapons."
>>
>>77354699
The "no-fly' list is a BAD metric for the restriction of rights.

They way they have that thing set up now is far too loose. So I agree with you.

Patriots who talk shit about the current administration ARE on that list. I'm not talking about just soveregin-citizen and 14/88fags either.

Bad move on part of Trump. He needs to chill a bit.
>>
>>77356169
>claims to be rich as fuck
>won't fund his entire campaign even if he could be the president
>need donation from his peasants supporters
>currently no longer funding his own campaign

kek
>>
>>77356573

No due process to being put on these lists, no way to appeal being put on these lists. No way to find out why you were put on the lists ect ect.
>>
>>77353843
But you know we have many more muslims now who could be radicalized, so we probably have no choice.

I don't agree on it though.
>>
>>77353637
Nah fuck off, Trump or NO ONE will restrict citizens, PEOPLE TO ARMS!
>>
>>77356704
who is saying we don't need guns? most are saying we don't need AR's
>>
>>77353637
>77353637
NRA PLS SAVE US!
>>
>>77353637
If clinton is under FBI investigating why is she flying around all over the country?
>>
>>77356833
We need automatic weapons, OR WAR , NO COMPROMISE.
>>
Also, kek, not like hes getting elected anyway.
>>
>>77353637
Isn't like half the country on the terrorist watch list?
>>
>>77356483

and? You think they are going to bother putting you in the list for no reason?
>>
>>77356573
Because the idea of government watch lists is fascist fuckery
>>
>>77356483
>How easy is it to get on either of those watch lists?
No one knows. The Terrorist Screening Center (A joint FBI, DoJ, DoS, DHS, DoD, and Postal Service organization) puts names (Not people, names) on the list. It would be illegal to put people on a no-fly list without a trial. There's absolutely nothing saying the government can't say "If your name is JOHN SMITH you can't fly". This causes problems as people who share similar names can get fucked over (Daniel Brown, a marine returning from Iraq, was barred from getting on a plane to the US from Iraq because another man with the name "Daniel Brown" was also barred).

Of course "Muhammed al-Sayyid uba Um Jabariiyaa" can just change his name to "Dan Smith" and no one will be the wiser and he will be allowed to fly freely.

>Is it basically "the government decides who can and can't buy a gun"? Because that's what it sounds like
Yes. No one outside of the TSC actually knows how the name picking process occurs or how to get someone off of it, so if your name is on there you're basically fucked.
>>
>>77353637

I wonder how many right wingers are on those watch lists and no fly lists...
>>
>>77356927
>hey look at this guy saying things about our government
>let's paint him as a crazy lunatic in the press
>alright now let's put him on the watch list
>good, his rights are gone now

Explain why this wouldn't happen to people like Alex Jones
>>
>>77356724

You murifats care about the constitution none of you faggots would be drinking
>>
So there is no one who actually supports the secind. Ammendment in American politics? Absolutely disgusting time to burn it all down and start again
>>
File: 1464915703611.png (805 KB, 1499x576) Image search: [Google]
1464915703611.png
805 KB, 1499x576
>>77355648
Tfw Trump talks to Adam Silver about proper reffing and help Cavs win one for da land.

Cleveland repays Trump by backing him up at the convention.
>>
>>77357044
At least they have a second amendment to get rid of in the first place ;_;
>>
>>77357025

Yeah? Is he in the list?
>>
File: 1392009665190.jpg (60 KB, 420x443) Image search: [Google]
1392009665190.jpg
60 KB, 420x443
>>77356833
The original purpose of the 2nd amendment was two-fold. One so the populace can be armed to protect themselves/their country, and the most important part: to be able to resist government tyranny, like they just fucking did a few years before making the constitution. The government saying 'you can only own this gun and that gun' defeats the entire purpose of the amendment. And to say America is somehow immune to tyranny just because 'it's 2016' is naive.

There are no compromises when it comes to rights and it's the government's job to find solutions to problems that aren't 'restrict rights'. The constitution isn't a 'gift' from the government they can give and take at any time they see fit. They're inalienable rights that the government is NEVER supposed to even attempt to take away.
>>
>>77357033

Pull yourself together, gramps. You invented the goddamned language.
>>
File: aherowillrise.jpg (126 KB, 618x930) Image search: [Google]
aherowillrise.jpg
126 KB, 618x930
>>77353637
Apologize, /pol/.

He clearly predicted that Donald Trump would destroy the 2nd Amendment.
>>
I fucking knew from day one that this clown would turn on gun owners as soon as it became convenient, but you retards jumped on the hype train and didn't give Rand Paul a chance because this place thrives on memes and DUDE, HE TELLS IT LIKE IT IS LMAO. This is the future you chose, faggots.
>>
>>77356232
Didnt Bill Russell carrying gun all the time and was caught at the airport last year I think
>>
>>77354456
This honestly, freedom of religion wasn't meant for fucking MUSLIMS. 100% serious. Just like how giving citizenship to slaves wasn't intended for anchor babbies.
>>
>>77357132
No one outside of the TSC knows. The list isn't publicly viewable.
>>
>>77357215

if anything it would be more logical to say you can ONLY have an AR15 since that's the rifle you would need to operate in a militia used for national defence
>>
>>77357132
I don't know because the information is not publicly available
>>
>>77357215

How exactly murikkka will become a tyranny? It is your fantasy scenario, explain it.
>>
>>77357350
>it would be more logical to say you can ONLY have an M4A1 since that's the rifle you would need to operate in a militia used for national defence
ftfy
>>
>>77354198
IM on the no fly list for some reason and I honestly have no clue why.
I dont even know who to talk to actually.
>>
File: nep kek.jpg (97 KB, 480x604) Image search: [Google]
nep kek.jpg
97 KB, 480x604
>Soon niggers cant own guns cause they kill each other too often
>>
>>77355208
>I'm sure there's plenty of people on that list who are just retards who thought it would be funny to yell 'boom' while their flight was going through turbulence
Anyone that immature doesn't deserve to fly or own a gun, honestly.
>>
>>77357468
>implying illegal arms dealers give a shit about those stupid lists
>>
>>77356927
they already do.

Plus it's run like shit so there's been plenty of incidents where 5 year old kids and 96 year old people on oxygen were held by barely literate, nigger TSA officials and investigated for hours at the airport because they were flagged as being on the No-Fly List.

Awful system and far too easy to exploit to fuck over non-threats.
>>
>>77354614
being a moron is not an excuse to have your rights taken away
>>
>>77357468
>77357468 â–¶>>77357549
>File: nep kek.jpg (97 KB, 480x604)
blacks already can't own guns
>>
>>77357447
I don't fucking know. Do I think America will become a tyranny if guns are taken? Probably not. Do I think it's ok to open the door to tyranny? Fuck no.The government is supposed to be in fear of the people, not the other way around. Just because I can't make a detailed scenario doesn't mean tyranny can't happen. All I know is that telling the populace 'don't worry, just give us your guns and we won't do anything bad' doesn't sound right to me.
>>
File: absolutely-disgusting.jpg (74 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
absolutely-disgusting.jpg
74 KB, 720x540
Shall not fucking be infringed. I'd love to see this motherfucking orange-skinned midget try and put me on a no-fly list. Donald Trump is, and always has been, a center-left authoritarian cunt. No regard for the Constitution, no regard for the rights of American citizens. I'm typically a loyal Republican but this election the Party's fuckin' lost me. If I wanted to vote and volunteer for a "People's Party" (as Demagogue Don calls it) I'd fucking go to a commie shithole like China.
>>
>>77353637
This is Not Good (TM).

First position of Trump I significantly disagree with. Who gets on the "terrorist watch list"? For what reasons? Half of the democratic party thinks all white males should be on the terrorist watch list.

The government should NOT have this power. there is ZERO evidence that they can be trusted with it.
>>
>>77357215
so individuals should be able to own the same arsenal the govt has (fighter jets with active bombs, nukes, etc)?
>>
>>77357258
>Rand Paul
Don't you realize this discredits your opinion? Nobody likes him

The only reason some think they're supposed to like him is because of his father. And his father is only liked because of memes. He's an idealistic old fool, and a freemason.
>>
1 post by this ID
>>
>>77355431
You don't know what due process is
>>
>>77357681
That really doesn't bother me because we've never had a problem with people owning those things.
>>
>>77357656
The faggot who shot up the gay bar in Florida was on the watch list since 2013.
>>
>>77356502
Retarded. Even if Trump did only take guns from terrorists, the system would be in place where your rights will be infringed with no due process or appeal.

Veterans are considered a security threat by the current government, muslims
by the next and everyone who speaks up by the one after that.

Dont ever let them infringe your 2A rights America
>>
>>77357683
>Don't you realize this discredits your opinion? Nobody likes him

Rand had appeal with fucking liberals of all people. Even fucking Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert acknowledged him as a good politician.

Bernie Supporters even liked Rand.
>>
>>77357715
So fucking what? We're having a gun control debate and it's not like he posted any stupid shit from Occupy Democrats that 100 people just greentext and say is dumb.

Unless the thread starts with some dumb tumblr shit with the op saying '/pol/ BTFO' or 'wow, really makes you think', the OP isn't obligated to post.
>>
>>77357025
It has.
>>
>>77356169
>NBA
>>
>>77357681
If an individual is willing to spend the $148 million required to buy an F-35, and the many more millions required for its armaments, I'd say go right ahead.
>>
>>77357772
should have taken him to court, ultimately him killing them does not take away my rights.
>>
>>77353637
Don't panic yet; the NRA will likely slap his shit together.
>>
>>77357759
didn't really answer the question, but does lead to the obvious..... we have had many problems with people getting AR-15. Not just a couple problems. Why not make it harder to get those?
>>
>>77357772
I don't care. The government cannot be trusted with this power.
>>
>>77357656
This is what am concerned about. Terrorism is so broadly defined it could mean anyone.
>>
>>77357815
>Even fucking Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert acknowledged him as a good politician.
This is not a compliment. You don't understand how political those people are.

They said they liked him because he would get crushed in a general.

Rand is wishy washy, and because of that he can't really appeal to anybody. The people he does appeal to, it's because they have some idea that he's anti-establishment. Yet, I see no evidence of this. He's classic controlled opposition.
>>
>>77356301
Everything you wrote is absolutely true.

This is what feminists and minorities are talking about when they say "white male privileged"
>>
>>77353843
If the watch list was reformed to allow some form of public oversight or legal recourse then yes maybe it could work.
>>
>>77354904
If they're linked to a terrorist group at the very least they should be under observation so it's a moot point.
>>
>>77357645
>center-left
>authoritarian

>loyal republican

You've never even voted in your life.
>>
>>77353843
it's only temporary.

although desu second amendment should only apply to first class american citizens. How do you reach first class?

>parents arent immigrants
>you were born in the usa

that's it.
>>
>>77358148
>wishy washy
>the man with several 10+ hour filibusters is "wishy washy"

loving
every
laugh
>>
>>77358208
It would be easier to just create a new crime that these ppl can actually be convicted of.
>>
>>77358220
>great brittain will never be tyrannical to their citizens
>why do you want arms?
t. colonialist
>>
File: 1462405693640.png (244 KB, 457x634) Image search: [Google]
1462405693640.png
244 KB, 457x634
>>77354579
>implying I'm not hiding behind 7 proxies and 4 firewalls
>impying they can catch me as I spam trap threads on /v/ and /pol/
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 400x400
>>77353843
>/pol/ realizes it's the current year
>>
>>77353637

Terror watch list is a no brainer.
No fly list is a no sir.

Extend the waiting time from 3 days to a week for instances like Orlando where shooter was previously investigated by FBI, to give time for other authorities to verify purchaser.
3 days, no issues.
7 days if red flagged.
>>
>>77357638

Exactly. It is just you shitting your pants over a scenario that you don't know how it will ever happen. When Australia took the guns away from its citizen nothing happened other than a sudden spike in crime which could be prevented if they handled it a bit better.
>>
>>77358485
why?
>>
>>77358084
Because they are rights. It's really as simple as that. Handguns take more lives than any other gun. Automobiles cause tens of thousands of deaths each year and still anyone can get one. The point of government is to solve a problem while keeping people's rights. Now I don't have all the answers on how, but if they're best answer is 'restrict rights' then they're not even trying. Would it be constitutional to make Islam illegal? Islam inspired 9/11, the Boston Bombing, this Orlando shooting, the San Bernadino shooting, the Brussels and Paris attacks, the string of sexual assaults in Cologne, and millions more atrocities throughout the world. Why don't we ban that? Why don't we make being a Muslim illegal? Because we have the 1st amendment and I would be opposed to making Islam illegal just as much as gun control.
>>
>>77356094
Nothony Flytano
>>
>do you really believe the government will be tyrannical
Yes, the very fact they have been working to disarm their citizens for 50 years tells me this neo government is an enemy of the people.
>>
File: bean.gif (4 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
bean.gif
4 MB, 320x240
i dont know what surprises me more from a modern republican leader, championing the safety of LGBT from Islam, or restricting gun rights
>>
>>77358347
You're doing that liberal thing now. You don't want to deal with the content of my post so you just "are you kidding me lol"

I bet you don't even know what his policies are. Is he a libertarian, conservative, liberal, isolationist? At times he could be any one of these.

Put him in a category for me if you legitimately support him. Probably you just like him because reason and are just as confused as me.
>>
>>77358535
>When Australia took the guns away from its citizen nothing happened other than a sudden spike in crime which could be prevented if they handled it a bit better.
Good for Australia. Why don't you have open borders for Americans who want to flee gun violence instead of pushing your shitty tyrannical faggotry on us. Oh, I know... too many white Americans.
>>
>>77358536
To prevent idiots like Omar from killing people. If you're not going to kill people a couple extra days wait won't kill you.
>>
If this is going to happen you would have to ban the private sale of guns.

Fly list or not there is nothing stopping anyone from finding someone on craigslist and buying their gun.
>>
>>77358485
From what I understand the terror watch list does have a judicial process and the no fly list doesnt. 3 days no issues does nothing tho
>>
>>77358535
There has also been instances of governments taking away guns and in turn becoming tyrannical. What's your point? I don't think gun removal = sudden tyranny out of no where. But to tell the population to disarm yourself because 'you don't NEED those' doesn't sit right. And like I said, to think we in the west are immune to tyranny is just naive. And I'll repeat myself, I am not saying that it WILL happen no matter what, so I'm not really shitting myself over it. I just think that opening the door for tyranny to take over isn't a good idea.
>>
>>77358084
handguns serve many other purposes, as do cars.

in other industries if items become more trouble than their value, they are more heavily regulated. why not this?
>>
> I need gunz cuz evil government
> gov. has military planes, tanks, artillery

Yeah right, you would stand a chance against gov.
>>
>>77357447
how the fuck are you so dense? How about like germany and every other country in the EU you fucking retard.

What the fuck do you think is going to happen after amnesty is given to 30 million illegal mexicans and however many million """syrian""" refugees get voting rights in EU countries. Protip retard they're going to subvert the already corporatized political systems in place.
>>
>>77353637
I would be okay with this if there was a way to know you were on one of these lists, know why you're on them, and appeal... But as of right now you can't... Because you don't want terrorist to know they're being watched which I get... That being said there is no good way to implement this
>>
>>77353637
i'm sure alex jones will be happy with this
>>
File: 1465801677323.png (526 KB, 544x371) Image search: [Google]
1465801677323.png
526 KB, 544x371
>>77353637
OH SHIT

TRUMP'S IN FAVOR OF GUN CONTROL

WHAT WILL /pol/ DO?
>>
>>77358676
Literally a conservative with libertarian ideals, but I'm done arguing with trumpkins, especially those that dont support freedom of religion for everyone, even if they are mudslimes.
>>
>>77358845
First off all, when the Constitution was written, and shortly after its adoption, private citizens could own
1) high-capacity semi-automatic rifles
2) warships
3) the best artillery in existence

And they did.

Second of all, it doesn't matter if the feds can convince some soldiers to take a city with tanks and fighter jets. You can't hold a city with tanks and fighter jets. Every single modern war has proved this again and again.
>>
>>77353637

I disagree with this and, to be honest, it will just hit his support base which will just move to Johnson.

The lefties won't back him up because they want guns banned or already hate him because of the media fuckfest this week.
>>
>>77355274
Nope.

I had to get top secret clearance for one of my previous contractor assignments and I've flown twice in the space of 4 years since browsing pol, once in the past 3 months.
>>
>>77356169
I'm guessing you're a nigger since you said "NBA" and basketball is a major part of their brain structure.
>>
File: 1465787995697.jpg (75 KB, 790x1011) Image search: [Google]
1465787995697.jpg
75 KB, 790x1011
>>77355364
Bill of rights only applies to humans
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-06-17-13-14.png (260 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-06-17-13-14.png
260 KB, 720x1280
Wow /pol/ sure is different these days
>>
>>77358347
filibusters have never done anything
>>
>>77358788
>There has also been instances of governments taking away guns and in turn becoming tyrannical

When and where? What these countries were like at that time? If you want to make your case then you better examine all these different cases and talk about how gun grabbing will lead to tyranny.

You can say naive all you want but I can just say you are overly paranoid.
>>
>>77358845
>> gov. has military planes, tanks, artillery
And shit like ISIS and other terrorist groups still exist. Explain that.
>>
File: revolution.png (213 KB, 1802x905) Image search: [Google]
revolution.png
213 KB, 1802x905
>>77358845
>muh tanks and drones and sheeeit
>>
>>77358845
If we ever got into 'full revolution' mode, the government would be destroyed easily. You think even 10% of the military wouldn't defect? And the leftovers' morale would be absolutely destroyed. You think the government would even attempt to bomb their own land and people? Almost no soldier would stick around. And even if only HALF of the civilian armament was put into use, that'd still be 150 million guns. And even if 10 percent of the population rebelled, we'd have 30 million people fighting the already decrepit and deserted army. They wouldn't stand a chance.
>>
>>77353637
This tweet is so ambiguous I don't even know if he's saying he wants to propose that or that he wants to talk with the NRA about how ridiculous a proposal it is.
>>
>>77353858
So all the government then has to do is put anyone they don't like on the terror watch list in order to disarm them.
>>
File: THANK YOU BASED ROOF KOREANS.jpg (47 KB, 303x310) Image search: [Google]
THANK YOU BASED ROOF KOREANS.jpg
47 KB, 303x310
Trump is a potentially rabid lion.

Hillary is a highly poisonous snake that nobody thinks is actually poisonous.

Push comes to shove, I reckon it'll be simpler to deal with the lion. We'd even have leftist support.

Just my $0.02 - this might get me put on a no-fly list, but I'm always willing to lynch a politician.
>>
Really makes you think
>>
>>77358791
Because you don't have a constitutional right to own or operate a car.
>>
As someone who lives in NJ I just hope he keeps his promise to do 50 state concealed carry. I already have guns I just want to be able to actually carry them.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.