[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Unabomber was right
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 152
Thread images: 26
File: MTE1ODA0OTcxNTI0MTk1ODUz.jpg (17 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
MTE1ODA0OTcxNTI0MTk1ODUz.jpg
17 KB, 300x300
Is ted Kaczynski the greatest mind ever to grace the prison system? He was a child prodigy, math genius, and self-sufficient survivalist who just wanted to be away from people and morally-erosive technology, but society wouldn't stop expanding and encroaching on his wilderness.

If you read his manifesto it makes perfect perfect sense. All his predictions have come true. Further, his bombings were purely to attract attention to the issue, rather than to kill people for his own satisfaction. He decries the loss of fundamental freedoms due to the social contract.

What does /pol/ think?
>>
File: Cks_eZHUYAAKjtL.jpg (478 KB, 1200x974) Image search: [Google]
Cks_eZHUYAAKjtL.jpg
478 KB, 1200x974
>>77071276
Greatest hero of the 20th century 2bh
>>
>>77071276
You can make a point without killing people or hurting people, you faggots. Just like Snowden, he could've leaked the information correctly instead he's a fucking coward dodging extradition. Kaczynski had some admirable points, but instead of making them he chose to blow people up and go to prison. He's no better than a filthy brain-dead muslim, despite how smart or cogent his beliefs may have been.
>>
>>77071276
>What does /pol/ think?
The dude was a genius and this world honestly doesn't deserve people like him.
>>
>>77071276
And now he's in ADX Florence because he sperged over a road and blew some people up.
>>
>>77071582
Except for him it wasn't information, but a theory that had yet to be proved. And nobody would've listened to his, by past standards, crackpot theory. But he was actually right and here we are. Plus they wrecked his favorite spot in the woods so he chimped out
>>
>>77071582
I feel like if he was in a position of power he would be a great leader.

In the words of another redoubled man: "to make an omelette one must break a few eggs"

Besides, this was before the internet and he is anti technology, so there was no way for him to be anything besides white noise unless he made people stop, look, and listen.

Otherwise he'd be just one more crazy "the end is nigh" dudes on the street corner, or that's how he'd be seen.
>>
>>77071276
Kaczynski was right, especially in his letters to people writing him that expounded upon the idea of the global village and the impact of social media on the masses.

That being said, he didn't know how to spin his message, and package it into a more positive spin. He just packaged it into bombs and lived inawoods.
>>
File: mother_of_all_omelettes.jpg (61 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mother_of_all_omelettes.jpg
61 KB, 1280x720
>>77071831
>>77071919
I understand your point of view, but I don't understand why innocents had to be killed.
>>
>>77071824
If people started encroaching on my camp I'd kill them too. The idea of civil forfeiture and eminent domain are ludicrous to me. Can you blame native Americans for killing white guys who killed all their buffalo? Or settled and built houses on the place they traditionally set their teepees during springtime? No, of course not, they have to do everything in their power to survive as they know how, and if that means having a go at some people, then more power to them.

Same with Ted. I've punji-pitted the area around my camp so nobody can come fuck with me.
>>
File: 1379785502207.jpg (13 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
1379785502207.jpg
13 KB, 300x225
>>77071276

The Breivik hoax totally ripped off this guy's work.

Fascinating stuff.

http://editions-hache.com/essais/pdf/kaczynski2.pdf
>>
>>77072023
>he didn't know how to spin his message
THAT'S BECAUSE HIS MESSAGE IS UNSPINNABLE, IT IS THAT STUPID.

His solution to the problems he identifies is for everyone to return to a hunter-gatherer lifestyle.

Just fucking insane.
>>
>>77072099
How else do you grab the world's rapt attention? I think he should have targeted the perps of encroachment and legislators but hey, that's just be "terrorism".

Find me a better way to make everyone pay attention to you, given its the 80's and you have little capital, no fame, and no internet.
>>
>>77071276
>Further, his bombings were purely to attract attention to the issue, rather than to kill people for his own satisfaction
wew i never actually considered this
i figured the pressure got to him
>>
>>77072639
Nah, he was quite fine with early bronze-age living, or at least Neolithic rather than pure hunter-gatherer. Personally I prefer hunter-horticulturalist semi-monad but that's just a person preference.
>>
>>77072230
>my camp
In what circumstances are you currently living m8?
>>
>>77072823
He was explicit about it being extreme and regrettable, but ultimately necessary as it was the only vehicle for rapt attention. If he only did it to bad people He would get the reputation of a vigilante, or if he did it to government peopl he'd have the terrorist label. But random people?

That's genius. Measured, calculated, empathetic genius.
>>
>>77071276
I keep seeing people point to this guy as some charismatic genius but I've honestly seen nothing really fascinating about him or his theories

he's just a terrorist trying to glorify him is sad desu
>>
i thought i'd look for his PhD dissertation and found a bunch of articles claiming it's some sort of insane wizardry or some shit
it's basically just fucking analysis
anyone who passed topology could have done this shit
the only reason nobody had done it is because analysis is a pain in the ass
i'm really disappointed tbqh i was hoping for some grothendieck-tier genius but it's just regular genius
>>
>>77071276
Also he was only caught because of his rat brother.

The fbi never would have found him themselves.
>>
File: unabomber_manifesto_15.png (75 KB, 1011x416) Image search: [Google]
unabomber_manifesto_15.png
75 KB, 1011x416
>>77071276
He's fucking right. I hate his anti-technology shtick, but he's fucking right
>>
>>77073258
>better known for other work
lmao
>>
>>77073329
>The fbi never would have found him themselves
Nah once he got his manifesto published the clock was ticking.

Too many people knew his style and ideas. He had written letters to newspapers about the same issues too.
>>
File: Cbzo6xSW4AA0KbS.jpg (168 KB, 1200x850) Image search: [Google]
Cbzo6xSW4AA0KbS.jpg
168 KB, 1200x850
>>77071276
He was 100% right.
>>
When someone interprets as derogatory almost anything that is said about him (or about groups with whom he identifies) we conclude that he has inferiority feelings or low self-esteem. This tendency is pronounced among minority rights advocates, whether or not they belong to the minority groups whose rights they defend. They are hypersensitive about the words used to designate minorities. ... Those who are most sensitive about "politically incorrect" terminology are not the average black ghetto-dweller, Asian immigrant, abused woman or disabled person, but a minority of activists, many of whom do not even belong to any "oppressed" group but come from privileged strata of society. Political correctness has its stronghold among university professors, who have secure employment with comfortable salaries, and the majority of whom are heterosexual, white males from middle-class families.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Kaczynski
>>
>just wants to be left alone
>murders people
I'm sure he was smart and has wise insights but he was obviously not well or righteous.
>>
>>77073481
>Too many people knew his style and ideas
His own fucking brother tipped off the feds
>>
>>77073034
I have a house and a job but I get lots of time off because my house is off the grid so I don't have to work full time to pay for it (FL so pretty much no property tax, constant sunshine for solar). I am an adjunct professor of anthropology at a state university.

My camp is out innawoods and looks similar to the guy from Primitive Technology's, except I emulated Sumerian building style and baked mud-bricks and have a second 3 room house (kitchen, sleeping quarters, workroom) made of our local clay, fire hardened. Took me a year to pay the foundation but after that it was basically stacking legos. I have running water from the river and a kiln/forge/kiva based on the Chaco canyon firepits.

I grow my own corn out there, as well as barley and millet, and I built a still (the one thing I did purchase was copper piping for the still, everything else is earthenware) following popcorn sutton's how-to. I have a patch of potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, etc. Pretty much anything seasonal that you can water with an irrigation canal (also mud-brick, qanat style) I can grow with next to no effort.
>>
File: 1464489718318.jpg (423 KB, 1582x1496) Image search: [Google]
1464489718318.jpg
423 KB, 1582x1496
>>77073482

This image just made me hate technology.

Thanks.
>>
>>77071582
The technocrats and their system declared war on mankind and the concept of freedom. What Ted Kaczynski did was self-defense. You can tie it up in ethical arguments, but the fact is their system operates by that kind of reason and rationalism, and it's inimical to humanity. The free man is not a slave to abstracts.
>>
>>77071276
Google Ted Kaczynski MK ULTRA
>>
File: EATR.png (83 KB, 1005x631) Image search: [Google]
EATR.png
83 KB, 1005x631
>>77073642
But we won't stop.
>>
>>77071276
He's right. What happens when you take a dog and put him in a kennel? He becomes depressed and fat. What happens when you let him outside to run around and chase animals? He's happy and lean. Same with humans.
>>
>>77072099
Yelling at a brick wall does noting

Why do you think so many people are angry about Muslims but nothing happens to stop them?

The people in power have never been on the receiving end of a shooting so they simply repeat that it's small groups of radical idiots.
>>
File: riftsex.webm (3 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
riftsex.webm
3 MB, 720x404
>>77073642
How does this make you feel?
>>
>>77074126
Hopeful.
>>
>>77073795
I don't buy that it was project MK ultra but I definitely think those experiments are what redpilled him. I got redpilled by sustained philosophical discourse and weed with a really really good background in human nature and human history.
>>
>>77074126
"No thanks, I'd rather stay at home and make out with my Marilyn Monrobot."
>>
>>77074126
>four dudes watching a fifth dude dry hump

gayer than today's shooting
>>
File: 1465750337406.jpg (124 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1465750337406.jpg
124 KB, 720x960
>>77074126

A part of my soul dies with every moment that passes. And the worst part? Oh, the WORST part?

Here I am on my computer posting memes on a Malaysian rutabaga harvesting board
>>
>>77074126
looks pretty shitty if that laptop is the feed
>>
> black person acts out with violence because of oppression
/pol/ calls them worthless stupid monkeys
> white person acts out with violence because of oppression
/pol/ calls them a genius hero
Jesus Christ /pol/ really is fucking retarded
>>
>>77074506
Admittedly technology isn't without its advantages but beside a coordinated effort to colonize other planets and ensure our survival as a species I don't think social meds technology is a good thing. It encurages too much groupthink. /pol/ included.
>>
>>77074366
Yep, he probably could have gone either way, morally speaking.

>>77074577
Video is better, I just can't find it now while at work.
>>
If I wasn't planning on joining the reserves in 2 years Id definitely try to get a corespondence going with the guy. So hes not a "genius." You don't get a mathematics PhD being stupid. I plan on fortifying before I set out for military life and I'd like to learn a few tips from a master on that. Every time he's brought up, no matter how much he'd rather be dead than where he is, hes thriving. Solitaire 23 hours a day and I'd bet he's more well read and in better shape than at least half this board
>>
File: 1458497983966.jpg (93 KB, 375x1197) Image search: [Google]
1458497983966.jpg
93 KB, 375x1197
>>77074768
>/pol/ included.

What is it about this Indonesian stamp-collecting board that draws people in?
>>
>>77074699
Let's see a nigger who got into Harvard at 16 and earned their PhD at 22. Let's see a nigger with a manifesto that has predicted future societal trends with pinpoint accuracy. Let's see a nigger who can even make a bomb.

Protip: there are none

He was a genius, regardless of what he did. There a dumb idiot white people who lash out, but here we discuss a guy with a fantastic point. Find me a nigger worthy of dicussion in this way.
>>
>>77074126
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Seriously, WTF???
>>
>>77071276
He's right about almost everything he discusses, but I think his understanding of the "technological revolution" is.. misaligned.

From the perspective that he discusses it, he's absolutely correct, but there's another that's equally important. Technological progression, as driven by government and later funded by consumers, was, is, and will continue to be an arms race. From this perspective, even outside the scope of the average American (their affinity for electricity, running water, television) and their reluctance to give up their new found conveniences, there was no stopping progress. I know he knew that he wouldn't succeed, but even if he accomplish his sought after goal I don't believe it would have been enough.

Essentially, you can't win the arms race game by not playing, and I believe that be misunderstood that that's what technological progress really is / was / will continue to be.
>>
>>77075018
No censorship. It aligns with my predilections without being an echo-chamber. Generally comfy and unpretentious, best memes.
>>
>>77075110
The only way to check your life score is when you quit
>>
>>77074506
if you're doing your job right you're a joke writer on the world's greatest talk show.
>>
http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2000/06/harvard-and-the-making-of-the-unabomber/378239/
>>
>>77073588
that sounds nice, do you have any photos?
>>
>>77071276
He was psychologically damaged for life from a series of Harvard experiments he participated in that didn't care to take into consideration any benefit he would receive from the study.

He went crazy because the system let him down.
>>
>>77075110
I feel like people who think this way can just opt-out of society; go innawoods and secede, and maybe mask it as a religion so the government makes sure you don't get encroached upon. Either way I feel like when we colonize a new planet this is how it should be. Let that world start again from scratch and make sure no Tower of Babel can be made.
>>
>>77071582
This to be honest. He blew up a building that a lot of hard working Americans built, there's nothing honorable or morally right about that. If the guy was a genius he would of been able to live his mountain man lifestyle just fine away from civilization. The U.S is really fucking big and there's still plenty of wilderness where a guy could never be found, especially a couple decades ago before mass surveillance and drones. His bombings were nothing more than a selfish act to get people to pay attention to him
>>
>>77075843
>He blew up a building that a lot of hard working Americans built
You are thinking of McVeigh's truck bomb, Kaczynski used anti-personnel bombs
>>
File: DCIM_406a79bh30668-2013-5-22.jpg (57 KB, 454x300) Image search: [Google]
DCIM_406a79bh30668-2013-5-22.jpg
57 KB, 454x300
>>77075377
Only ever taken one, as I actually got a cell phone (which I leave in my car, I don't want the government knowing my location exactlt) right after I finished construction which replaced any need I had for a camera. This was before I got the irrigation canal going, as it's been a project a few years in the making.
>>
>>77076041
not bad but I'd be worried about alligators in your bum house
>>
>>77076041
That's from Mali.
>>
>>77075989
You got a problem with mcviegh b o y?
>>
>>77076041
You're an adjunct professor of faggotry.
>>
>>77073588
Did you learn how to do all that through anthropology?

I'm aiming to be an anth prof and I'd probably just die in any innawoods situations.
>>
>>77076041
looking good. do you get by on subsistence farming or do you hunt or bring in food from outside?
and how do you pass the time? do you just work on the house and tend to the garden or do you have a library or something?
>>
>>77071276
He was an MKUltra test subject. Seriously, look it up.
>>
>>77076287
Fuck off, anthropology is the hands down best social science.
>>
>>77071276
>morally-erosive technology
all of my keks
>>
If you really consider the facts.. the internet has done nothing truly positive. Especially if you get bogged down in the opinions of others that differ from your own. Its a bloodbath.

Not to mention the countless industries that have been ruined by the commerce delivery system of goods and services.
>>
>>77076443
not necessarily, anthropology is very quickly going the way of the cuck. cultural anthropology is already too far gone to be saved, and the fields of physical/forensic anthropology are already feeling the pressure to conform. cultural anthropology is basically SJW: the field
>>
>>77072099
>innocents
He bombed people complicit in the technological takeover.
>>
>>77076394
I loved that game.
>>
>>77072099
They weren't innocent.
>>
No desire to bomb people and Im not smart enough to wright a manifesto. But I sure do wish I could afford to check out and live in the woods.
>>
File: Unabomber-sketch.jpg (58 KB, 600x799) Image search: [Google]
Unabomber-sketch.jpg
58 KB, 600x799
>>77073206
He wasn't trying to glorify himself. I think he had gotten a glimpse of the future and realized there was no point.
>>
>>77076615
The internet has, and will ruin the world even more. I still have plenty of friends and family I talk to. But it has given people an easy way out from making real human contact and they retreat to the internet and snap. I love the net and hate it. It does way more damage than good.
>>
>>77076796
I mean the posters here
>>
>>77076745
If the write brother can build a plane you can do anything you want
>>77076443
>hands down the least shitty of this wing of science that's hardly science
I'll adjunct my dicks head to your sisters tonsils
>>
>>77076163
They don't stray from the river much and my qanats are too small/covered for them to end up anywhere besides my outhouse cesspool. I have eaten them before and they're tasty.

>>77076171
Similar lattitude but no.

>>77076351
Yes. But not through courseowrk, though intense study and fascination with human technology/building techniques. I also have masters in history so I essentially get government funded vacations of archaeological sites when I out in the effort to fill out grant applications. The writing/research portion has never been a problem to me since that's what I do in my free time anyway.

>>77076391
When I live there (which I only do during the summers and when I have vacations and sabbatical semesters) I usually out work into improving it. When I'm there I'm completely self-sufficient. Usually there are coconuts and bananas in the woods surrounding so even if I Let my garden lay fallow I can sustain on wild flora and trapped fauna. I usually eat rabbits, squirrels, birds, and fish. Fishing is the easiest because any fish-catch will net (no pun intended) 3-5 fish every few hours. Gator is the biggest meat I eat here though. It not often I get to but it tastes like chicken with the consistensy of frog legs. Biggest problem I have out there is squirrels, as they tend to eat my crops but I just shoot arrows. Time is spent making clay tablet reproductions in hebrew, sumerian and Babylonian cuneiform, and Egyptian, and smoking my crop of ganj. I sell the tablets to nerds and it helps pay bills
>>
>>77076615
Are you saying internet murdered people with information? Point where the bloodbath occurred comrade.
>>
>>77076937
I've come to the same conclusion. It's useful for getting the news quickly and researching efficiently, but the social aspect really fucks with our brains. We evolved to talk face-to-face, we should've known that any abstraction/distortion of that would have consequences.
>>
File: uni.jpg (52 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
uni.jpg
52 KB, 600x450
easiest halloween costume
>>
>>77077202
The internet made you autistic.
>>
>>77077090
>I have eaten them before
>I literally ate a dinosaur lizard
jesus christ, fuck florida
>>
File: Facebook_machine.jpg (33 KB, 420x315) Image search: [Google]
Facebook_machine.jpg
33 KB, 420x315
>>77076937
I have to take public transportation here in Taiwan.. and it literally a sea of zombies - faces buried in their cellphones.. walking everywhere.

My only hope is to cash in on some awesome cellphone app and I wont give a fuck what these zombies do with their pathetic lives.
>>
>>77071276
I completly agree
>>
>>77071276

he was pure autist

intelligent men fuck qt pies and have own jets

or destroy foreign markets

or rule the world

he was little tinny whinny cunt

and the life goes on while he rots in the prison
>>
>>77073588
>and I built a still

Moonshining?
>>
>>77077367
>I have to take public transportation here in Taiwan.. and it literally a sea of zombies - faces buried in their cellphones.. walking everywhere.

Same over here, but so long as they don't look-and-walk at the same time, I don't care. Beats when some person with a mental problem starts being loud.
>>
>>77077346
I've eaten gator. I live in Texas.

it's similar to chicken
>>
File: 1464419999669.jpg (143 KB, 888x1120) Image search: [Google]
1464419999669.jpg
143 KB, 888x1120
nobody posted this shit yet, wat is wrong with you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHxRuLT4FIE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gvDih2moIs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXavNe81XdQ

Memetic warfare is also part of this shit! get informed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DME5tOYixqM
>>
>>77077296
I was autistic before the internet though, completely sure of it. Diagnosed at age 6 and at that point my hobbies were staring at the ground, reading textbooks for fun and digging for insects. Didn't have Internet or even video game consoles until several years later. I think it definitely does make it worse though.

I actually have felt like I got better socially with the internet, but it's probably an illusion and the reality is that everyone else has gotten worse.
>>
>>77073940
Finkelstein.

Every time.
>>
File: 20080220_214908_komintern.jpg (38 KB, 250x284) Image search: [Google]
20080220_214908_komintern.jpg
38 KB, 250x284
>>77071276
Thanks for opening the thread, you are not a faggot! :^)
>>
>>77077551
well so do I and god help you
>>
>>77077746
God bless Texas
>>
File: 1464379511047.png (13 KB, 195x202) Image search: [Google]
1464379511047.png
13 KB, 195x202
>>77071276
plz, watch it OP!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHxRuLT4FIE [Embed]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gvDih2moIs [Embed]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXavNe81XdQ [Embed]
>>
File: 1450013236096.jpg (185 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1450013236096.jpg
185 KB, 500x500
>>77072478
thanks mate
>>
>>77077346
You can get them in restaurants down here but they are eaten much more commonly from Mobile to New Orleans. I mostly have caimans near me but when I see a big Brutus/Nero looking mofo I stab it in the skull and salt it. Stone tools are more than adequate for hunting gators.

>>77077501
Technically, but only because I plan to bug-out permanently one day.

>>77077509
Stimulation is modern Soma. When you build what people biologically desire (stimulation, sex, drugs) into culture, You can create the illusion of free will where really you can stifle people any other way.

>>77077594
That was me as a kid as well. Bug-hunting, stick-fighting, watching documentaries and surgery and stuff. Im relatively sure I was a child prodigy but my potential plateaued after I was introduced to the internet .
>>
>>77071582

how do you correctly leak the information that the state you work for is illegally spying on it's own citizens when they'll execute you for it?

stupid burgerclap
>>
>>77072478
>hoax

oh fuck off, as if the illuminati would just copy and paste a famous manifesto
>>
File: Figure 4.jpg (54 KB, 1152x728) Image search: [Google]
Figure 4.jpg
54 KB, 1152x728
kaczyinski threads are always a good thing

https://www.democracyendowment.eu/we-support/institute-of-post-information-society/what-is-memetic-warfare-and-how-it-threats-democratic-values/

https://fas.org/irp/agency/army/mipb/2010_02.pdf

site 43-47 read it niggers

everything is connected and needs to be destroyed.

Wut und Mut heißen die beiden schönen Töchter der Hoffnung!
>>
>>77072639
Straya I see how apart we are as nations.
America, like 98% of it, prefers to live off the land. We hunt, fish, farm, etc. If goven the choice, most would choose innawoods with all the necessities over facebook and 4chan any day.
>>
>>77077090
Oh, shut the fuck up, jeremiah johnson, youre full of shit
>>
>>77071276
The guy was a genius
>>
>>77078384
This is the type of shit that makes me paranoid. Am i, as an pre-server boot oldfag somehow inured to memes? Or are the meme warfare people subtle? It makes me not want to trust anything. The sheer volume of memetic content to process on 4chan is too much to levy reasonable suspicion at all of it. So I either have to completely disregard any discourse as banter or fall down a rabbit hole of paranoia/existentialism aimed at any idea I like.

I'd much rather just innawoods
>>
>>77071276

He's certainly an interesting guy frankly surprised we don't read more about him these days given the overlap between a lot of his ideas and those of the alt-right.
>>
>>77075989
Ah ok, you are right my bad I was thinking of the Oklahoma bombing, but still my basic point still stands, guy wasn't a genius, he just wanted attnetion
>>
>>77078767
Have you ever tried living outside? Give yourself a month to study how to do it and I know you can do it. Human intelligence evolved for just that reason. You can think you way through pretty much any problem by yourself if you just try. And if you're a fat neckbeard like I suspect you will be at a nutritional advantage, and the sweat will be good for your acne-ridden skin.
>>
>>77072774
Are you serious? Didn't he have tenure at a Ivy Leagues? He could of published his manifesto legally and it would of been spread just as fine if not better. The a sick lunatic who just happens to be incredibly high iq as many. There was no greater point beyond murder of those he didn't agree with.

William Luther Pierce's Turner Diaries are more widely known and he didn't hurt anyone and wrote a lot shittier even.

This is a sick man.
>>
Smart BUT not smart enough to realize that progress is unstoppable and that him killing a few people wont do shit.
The only difference between him and 100 000s of other is that he killed.
>>
File: Myra-Turkey-3.jpg (282 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Myra-Turkey-3.jpg
282 KB, 1600x1200
>>77077090
sounds nice. never tried alligator but i imagine it's virtually the same as crocodile, good eating. what's your motivation for wanting to permanently bug out? and is your bushcraft/trapping knowledge self-taught?
also, not sure what sub-discipline of anthropology you belong to but how do you feel about the direction of your field? i study genetics but anthropology has always been of great interest to me

>>77077367
public transport here is much the same, most people just stare at their phones/tablets, but i've had some strange experiences. often it feels very surreal, like i'm sitting in on some avant-garde performance art. a few weeks ago there was a young charles manson lookalike with magenta hair staring at me intently, more recently i saw a young child mocking a cripple for only having one leg. there were also some teens talking about their last meth binge and subsequent hospital trip a few days ago. often i wonder whether or not the people around me notice how absurd it is.
>>
>>77073588
Sweet.
>>
>>77078019
Ayyyy muh Gulf Coast homeland...
>>
>>77071582
>he could've leaked the information correctly instead he's a fucking coward dodging extradition

wat? are you retarded
>>
>>77071276
I used to live approx a 3 min walk from his cabin. Met him several times, even though he kept to himself. Ask me anything.

I'd like to note that his mentality is very common among people out there. Most just want to be left alone. None were violent like he was though.
>>
>>77071582

Sorry but you're an idiot. Almost every single revolutionary has had to spill some blood.

Had the British government caught Washington or Jefferson, they'd just be irrelevant names in some museum's record books right now.
>>
>>77079859
did he come off as mentally frayed like the typical conspiracy theorist and start ranting? did he ever mention politics at all?
>>
>>77079859
>I used to live approx a 3 min walk from his cabin. Met him several times, even though he kept to himself. Ask me anything.

me too happy coincidence
>>
>>77079859
>Ask me anything
Nobody cares.
>>
File: do_the_math.jpg (297 KB, 720x1038) Image search: [Google]
do_the_math.jpg
297 KB, 720x1038
>>77071276
>>
>>77076041
Data mining
>>
>>77080159
No and no. He was extremely meek and kind. He was a typical introvert. He was intimidating though, and would look you in the eyes until it made you feel uncomfortable. Guy was pretty alpha. Never made much more than small talk with him.

Someone got attacked by a bear near his property and he was extremely helpful to authorities and helped them find the guy and rescue him.
>>
>>77072774
You act af if we were illiterate in caves before iBooks. It's fucking laughable. He could of done the Magazine and press circuit interviewing about his book. He was established in the upper echelon of society enough.

Was Charles Manson just a philosopher doing what he needed to to do convey his point to you as well?
>>
>>77080177
Yeah I wouldn't expect anyone to, but I found it interesting.
>>
>>77079718
Some of my bushcraft is self-taught, but I learned most of it from when I did a participatory ethnology of a subtribe of Kaxinawá. They make blowguns but I prefer bows because I haven't any poison dart frogs to rub my projectiles on. My building is all self-taught and from studying archaeological sites I've helped excavate (and visited for pleasure). My branch is reconstructive/ethnographic, so I take a big picture approach. Linguistics was never my strong suit and I'm not an automaton so I can't be 100% free of bias/ethnocentricity so I am only a dabbler when it comes to cultural.

I think anthropology is going the way of the other social sciences: the western version is being censored and edited to fit the "noble savage" narrative and pretty much only stuff that supports the boilerplate anti-west stuff gets published. East Asian anthropology (shootout to Nakahiro Furitsune if he browses) is going to be the future because it isn't intent on it's own people abandoning their own culture in favor of literally any other one.

If I was you I would make sure you want to go to school for 10 years, and then, make certain you don't have qualms about going to live with the natives (because that is the only way you get real busy experience imo). Employment outside academia is nonexistent so please consider that if you're not planning to innawoods, or like many of my friends did, an hero after they ran out of scholarship money.
>>
Anyone that kills this jew occupied federalists government and it's servants and agents are alright by my book.

be it McVeigh,Kaczynski,Osama.

They were the true soldiers fighting evil
>>
>>77080407
More or less. He was indulging in ritualistic behavior and crafting a cult. Whatever, people gonna do what they wanna do.

You realize that society stifles things that don't make them feel good, right? Nobody would buy or even read a free handout of his manifesto save the very very few. I'm order to have a media presence you have to either work within the media system, make a huge ruckus, or have a lot of money.
>>
>>77080680

McVeigh was a false flag to discredit militias and white christian conservatives. Many of the federal employees were tipped off to not come into work.

https://youtu.be/TzKnquVQ2Gg?t=17m18s

watch from the time stamp onward until the time stamp hits 21-22 minutes
>>
>>77080680
Woah now, don't be throwing Osama in there. He believed in a book that was supposed to be the elucidation of a sentient divine will. He was an occasionalist, and his main end goal would be to unify the world in Islam. That is more or less the opposite of what Kaczynski wanted, as he wanted to prevent society from becoming uniform, whereupon everyone could be controlled by one method/tactic.
>>
>>77072230
What makes your mom's backyard "yours" you commie faggot.
>>
Ted's ideas are interesting but lack a comprehensive philosophical critique. Any philosophy minded anons should read "the metaphysics if technology" by dr. David skrbina. He has had extensive correspondence with Ted about the nature of technology.
>>
>>77081162
Not my mom's backyard. But the reason that it's mine is because of the fact that I live there, and I am willing to stop anyone from evicting me. Let's pretend i lived there all the time: I make my life from that land. You're welcome to try to take it but that means I can Kill you for trying. Strong/weak.
>>
>>77080894
I don't agree with you and cited Turner Diaries. He did press just fine and it's one the most published and known books around. Edgy as shit and written like a kindergartener. No connections to Ivy League. Will forever seemingly be bigger then Ted.

Furthermore when you throw enough crazy shit at walls a lot of it sticks. Philosophy is a wide spectrum.
>>
>>77080654
>the western version is being censored and edited to fit the "noble savage" narrative
this is basically what i've inferred from what i've read and what friends have told me. i'm not exactly desperate for a field change as i do still enjoy genetics and biochemistry, the field has helped shape my views as a hereditarian and ethnonationalist. regardless, it's going to be sad watching the declining state of western anthropology. i'm sure you're aware that the american anthropological association has dropped any mention of the word 'science' from its mission statement.

i could do with some extra reading, could you suggest any particular east asian anthropological studies? by the looks of it, east asia is taking the lead in genetics as well, and will continue to in the coming decades.

>If I was you I would make sure you want to go to school for 10 years
that's the intention either way
>Employment outside academia is nonexistent
of course
>planning to innawoods
i'd like to but it's not happening in the near future. time will tell.
>like many of my friends did, an hero after they ran out of scholarship money
always an option, i'll keep it in mind
>>
>>77071276
>muh, all 300 million Americans should live in a shack in the woods
>>
People would of read his writings and heard him better if he were not dismissed by his actions as a homicidal lunatic. He had ability and opportunity more then most anyone blessed (or burden) with such intelligence and would be a great asset to public discourse on tech up there to counter point the current wave of technological gurus and futurists on any stage around the world.
>>
DONT LET THEM SLIDE THESE THREADS

>>77081529

>>77081529
>>77081529

>>77081529

>>77081529
>>77081529

>>77081529
>>
I see it more as if your points and arguments can't stand on merit it's akin to those shit bands who wear makeup and dress like goth girls. You resorting to gimmicks. He wasn't a philosopher he was a murderer.
>>
>>77078993
Too much spam on this board to have any deep discussions. Typical pol poster gets sucked into 1 post bait threads and bumps it to 200 posts. Just like Ted said they would.
>>
>>77076041
>>77080654
>>77079718

You're a lying piece of shit.

In b4 "Ha ha yeah that's my hut in Kumbo, some people took a picture of it and uploaded it to a website about Cameroon and lied about me making them a cultural dish"
>>
File: Lying faggot.jpg (142 KB, 895x724) Image search: [Google]
Lying faggot.jpg
142 KB, 895x724
>>77083167

Almost forgot this.
>>
>>77077090
Please take me with you
>>
File: 1449573789973.png (828 KB, 1024x1160) Image search: [Google]
1449573789973.png
828 KB, 1024x1160
>>77071276
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1-TrAvp_xs
>>
>>77083204
WTF, why would anyone lie on an anonymous Sudanese fly fishing board?
>>
>>77084433

It just makes me mad when people leave obvious holes in their lies. It'd have been more believable for a paranoid innawoods man to say "No, I don't have a picture" and chalk it up to not wanting documentation of it, or pictures of it in circulation tied to internet posts, etc.

Instead, he ruins the whole deal with an easily reverse-image searched picture.

LEARN TO LIE PROPERLY, DAMN IT.
>>
>>77081497
Oops....you got caught lying, faggot.
>>
>>77071582
>muh inoncet lifes
>>
>>77076937
I agree, especially social media. Sure, humans aren't unevolved primates but we did come from small communities of maybe a few hundred at most, where everyone knew each other and face-to-face communication was a necessity. Nowadays everyone site on their smartphones checking whatsapp or tinder or some other bullshit. Most people I know own smartphones and they're constantly on them, even in social situations, at sometimes at the fucking dinner table. Maybe I'm an oldfag but I find that incredibly rude. Things may have gotten "easier" but they certainly haven't gotten any better.
>>
File: 1465589939063.jpg (2 MB, 2264x4128) Image search: [Google]
1465589939063.jpg
2 MB, 2264x4128
>>77078983
Miscegenation Shilling
----------------------
These posters often create bait threads in which they create a single op with the sole topic being about some form of miscegenation. These could be shock images of Black men with White women, or other types of threads where it is a picture of a non-white Woman with the OP asking if that woman is hot.

https://sli.mg/a/eCw35r

Trump General Shilling
-----------------------
Generally, the main Trump general shills are those who try to D&C the common posters in the thread. They tend to attack NAZI posters for being 1488ers, and AWOO/Anime posters for being r9k weebs. These types of posts serve no real purpose. Sometimes they are purely defeatists.

https://sli.mg/a/lNCRpN

General Leftist Baitposting/Sliding
---------------------------
These are low-effort non-miscegenation posts that generally involve some image macro and a very low-effort comment. Examples include "Really makes you think..","pol BTFO","pol will defend this", "conservashits (With Occupy Democrats Image)". Sometimes these threads have no purpose but to slide more useful threads.

https://sli.mg/a/IDMDH3

Dedicated Shilling
---------------------------
These are posters who constantly everyday on the clock post about a specific topic that goes contrary to most of pol. In the album linked you will see a very dedicated Canadian leafposter that for 3-4 months would argue how Obama did such a great job creating 14 million jobs. Any actual good arguments against Obama's capability as a president he would ignore, however, he would destroy posters who were not good at debating. The best way to defeat these guys is simply to ridicule them with memes, because you will never convince them they are wrong. They are very likely paid shills.

https://sli.mg/a/0tI6mz

The Art of Shilling
---------------------
You can find a very good guide here https://i.sli.mg/MRmGUs.png
https://sli.mg/a/O7c478
>>
>>77075048
This.
>>
>>77086420
lol right after you posted this, this thread took a dive
Thread replies: 152
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.