[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Simple solution to the mass shooting problem: Make it legal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 6
File: imgres.jpg (8 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
8 KB, 275x183
Simple solution to the mass shooting problem:

Make it legal to own all guns, including fully automatic. However, you must pass not only thorough background tests, but pay to earn a licence for different firearms. Bolt action rifles and pump action shotguns are legal for all without mental disabilities or criminal history, but beyond that you must earn gun licences (pistol licence, AR licence, SMG licence, etc), the more dangerous the gun, the more thorough the background check, and difficult the training program to get your licence.

Licences would expire over time and need to be renewed. Also, for anything more than pistols, everyone living in the place of residence of the potential gun owner would need to pass a background/mental illness check.

IMO, it is unacceptable to withhold something from someone just because someone would abuse it, so long as they prove their
>>
May I also own a small nuclear device, provided I pass the required background checks and regulations?

Please note, I don't actually disagree with you. I don't think your plan would either increase or decrease shootings. Any fuck with an internet connection can buy guns on the deebweb. I just like seeing where people such as yourself draw the line (tanks, missiles, nukes, etc.)
>>
>>77035141
Didn't one of the founding fathers own cannons just for the hell of it? Screw nuclear I want a tank
>>
>>77034813
No thanks. I don't want to fistfight a gang of niggers when they break into my house

Feel free to be disarmed for your own personal safety though.

Faggot
>>
We already have this you retard.
>>
>>77035141

I draw the line at anything explosive.
>>
>>77034813
>Make it legal to own all guns,

Yeah let's have EVEN MORE MASS SHOOTINGS
>>
>>77034813
Yes, because people can't go crazy after obtaining their firearm.
>>
File: 1428262367032.jpg (11 KB, 300x238) Image search: [Google]
1428262367032.jpg
11 KB, 300x238
>>77035333

If you aren't a retard or criminal, you could get a handgun. If you are, you deserve to be gangraped by niggers.
>>
>>77034813
lol people think its as simple as

>if you are crazy please check this box
>>
>>77035477

No we absolutely do not? You can walk into a gun show and buy a gun. You can sell a gun to your friend for $1.
>>
>>77035588

Hence yearly updates.
>>
>>77035277

I'm not going to lie; if I had the resources, I'd totally buy a Panzer I and drive it to school. Everyone moves out the way for a tank.

Remove the communication and loading systems. Throw a few seats back there. Maybe even install a small TV. Boom. All the bitches gonna wanna ride on my cannon.
>>
File: 3mLydMU.png (70 KB, 243x200) Image search: [Google]
3mLydMU.png
70 KB, 243x200
>>77035723

Yes, because that's exactly what the test would be. It probably wouldn't even be a written test you dumbass.
>>
How hard is it to buy a gun illegally? Wouldn't mass shooters just go get a gun illegally because they are planning to kill themselves anyways so they would be willing to do anything to do that.
>>
>>77036073

*UNPOPULAR /POL/ OPINION AHEAD*

I think that an increase of mass surveillance would solve this.
>>
>>77036234
So everyone should have to give up their privacy just because of a couple of crazy fucks? Also I am pretty sure the NSA's mass surveillance hasn't caught a single terrorist. It definitely failed here.
>>
>>77035528
>I draw the line at anything explosive.
Oh look, another liberal thinking he's a dictator and can do no wrong.
>>77035678
And a sociopath, too. Not surprised in the slightest.

Go back to /reddit, kid.
>>
>>77035862
It doesn't take a year to snap.
>>
>>77034813
>>"Simple solution to the mass shooting problem:"
>begin convoluted system of laws
>criminals still get guns easily
>citizens are gunned down
nice
>>
>>77036579

True, but not THAT many people die from guns in America in the grand scheme of things (substantially less than die from guns than cars). So yea, someone could go crazy in less than a year, but it wouldn't be common enough to ruin the whole system.
>>
Literally just apply the same concept as we have with drivers' licenses. You have the right to own a car and drive it if you so wish and have reached the skill level required for safe use and agree to do so under penalty of law. You should have the right to own a firearm and use it if you so wish and have reached the skill level required for safe use and agree to do so under penalty of law. Restriction on ownership and use is not the same as taking away the principle behind that right.
>>
>>77036526

If you aren't doing anything wrong, who gives a fuck if someone's watching?
>>
>>77037089

Exactly!
>>
>>77035333
Well put
>>
>>77034813
How about the FBI raids and confiscates firearms from any Muslim that pokes up high enough on their radar?

Try that first.
>>
>>77034813
And the next year, the government goes: "a gun license now costs $10,000 per year. Don't worry, we're not abolishing the 2nd :^)"
>>
>>77037120
So you would be okay with someone watching you while you sit on the couch watching TV? Are you saying you never do anything behind closed doors that would embarrass you? When you are at home you are supposed to be free from the burden of public life and you can relax and enjoy your private life without fear of a watchful eye. Also you ignored the part about how mass surveillance is not even effective.
>>
>>77037120
over surveilance is the first step to a police state that can arrest you for thought crime

why dont we just encourage more people to defend themselves, instead of limiting freedoms?
>>
>>77034813
or maybe this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Db0Y4qIZ4PA
>>
>>77034813
Guess what? the guy who did the shooting today passed multiple tests and fbi inquiry's. He was a security guard.
>>
Pass.
>>
>>77037474

Try that TOO, not first.
>>
>>77037510
this
>>
>>77034813
Daily reminder that the Florida shooter had a license and none of this would have stopped him.
>>
>>77037510
That's already the case for selective fire weapons. You can own them, if you have $15k and can pass the background check.
>>
File: tumblr_nd9iicOY1V1r5pvj3o1_500.jpg (88 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nd9iicOY1V1r5pvj3o1_500.jpg
88 KB, 500x500
>no clean tap water
>everybody have guns. high chance of getting shot by robber nigger
>50% of population niggers, latinos and asians
>highway traffics absolutely ridiculous

usa is a 3rd world coutry at best kek
>>
>>77037009
But the issue here is mass shooting and preventing them completely. It's been said many times before that this doesn't happen in other developed nations, so why in America? Shootings will still happen under your system and this conversation will happen again.
>>
>>77037089
Drivibg is not a right.

Driver licensing only applies owards operating vehicles on public roads
>>
>>77034813

Simple solution to the mass shitposting problem:

Make it legal to say or express anything you want, including hate speech. However, you must pass not only thorough background tests, but pay to earn a licence for different methods of communication. Private speaking and writing letters are legal for all without mental disabilities or criminal history, but beyond that you must earn speech licences (internet, public speaking licence, publication licence, etc), the more dangerous the speech, the more thorough the background check, and difficult the training program to get your licence.

Licences would expire over time and need to be renewed. Also, for anything more than public speaking, everyone living in the place of residence of the potential speaker would need to pass a background/mental illness check.
>>
>>77038613
>Speech is legal but only with a license
This sounds like some first amendment breaking fuckery.
>>
>>77034813
Sounds good to me
>>
>>77037992
Well if you are going to compare it to other nations you should consider how big America is, America is about half as populated as Europe. America is made up of a lot of states the size of some countries. If you really want to compare mass shooting rates to other countries you should factor that in.
>>
>>77034813
Shall not be infringed.
>>
>>77034813
>government takes away your rights
>sells it back to you

Blow it out your ass
>>
>>77034813
You can't really test people for mental illness. Because 1) it's easy as fuck to hide it, 2) real psychopaths seem like completely normal people.

All you might be able to watch for is someone going schizo.
>>
>>77034813
Shall Not Be Infringed.
>>
>>77035791
What we have is similar to what you described. Yes, anyone with a valid ID for their state can purchase a gun if they pass a background check, assuming you can legally purchase a gun in that particular state (Idk all of the different laws for each state, just the ones for where I live, in which the previous statement is true). Now it's not exactly a tier system like you talked about but categorized into NFA items and Non-NFA items (Which even then, that's a pretty large generalization). You have to pay an excise tax of $200 on these items and submit paperwork to the BATFE, also known as the ATF. Now most guns you buy at the store, especially big box retailers, are not NFA items. And most NFA items are pretty pricey ( Fully Automatic Colt M4's go anywhere from around $15,000 to $25,000). Now that's a legal registered ATF rifle. Most criminals aren't going to follow the law, shockingly, and either steal a gun from a law abiding citizen or get it off the streets, deepweb et cetera. Now for your last comments, yes I can purchase a gun at a gunshow after I fill out a form 4473 and pass a background check and yes I could sell a gun to my friend for $1, so what? That's a private transfer, I can sell to who I want for what I want, at least in the state I reside in.
>>
>>77034813
How about
SHALL
>>
>>77035528
Childish mentality
>>
>>77034813
I am always concerned about mandatory mental illness checks done by the government.
Hypothetically, if SJWs got into power they could simply decide to determine right wing ideas as mental illness, hence taking away guns from rational thinking white people, while blacks/muslims stay armed.
>>
>>77034813
Absolutely not. Guns forever.
>>
>>77034813
>for anything more than pistols
noguns detected
>>
>>77038905
No shit, just like OP's post is some second amendment breaking fuckers.
>>
>>77034813
hahahahahahaha
>>
File: 1.jpg (28 KB, 453x366) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
28 KB, 453x366
>>77034813
Maybe this is the problem in the first place.
>>
Just make bullets super expensive outside of ranges.
>>
>>77034813
SHALL
>>
>>77040697
NOT
>>
That's almost how it works here.
I like how /pol/ always mentions Switzerland at one point or another when gun laws are discussed but you guys don't even try to see how different we are from you to begin to understand why gun violence is so rare here.
>>
>>77043280
BE
>>
>>77043913
INFRINGED
>>
Sure thing that would work buddy! Look at my country! A peaceful land without any crime and deaths caused by guns! Where only the police and the military can carry guns! This truly is paradise on earth!
>>
>>77035528
>I don't know how firearms work
>>
>>77044110
JEWS!
>>
>>77034813
How about NO, Anon?
>>
>>77034813
here's how to make it easy for you Op, Fuck off and bow down and lick Kike boot faggot
>>
File: 1462570842599.jpg (48 KB, 998x998) Image search: [Google]
1462570842599.jpg
48 KB, 998x998
>>77037120
Obvious baiting here lads.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.