[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did Cassius Clay change his name to Muhammad Ali? Cassius
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: Cassius.jpg (59 KB, 780x520) Image search: [Google]
Cassius.jpg
59 KB, 780x520
Why did Cassius Clay change his name to Muhammad Ali? Cassius is a beautiful name with noble origins in Rome.

Muhammad is a common commoner name that sounds like poo. Why did he get rid of a beautiful name bestowed upon him for something that sounds like shit?

Also why did he abandon our lord and savior Christ for the "prophet" Mohammad?
>>
>>76770365
Stupid reasons, he changed it when he converted and said Cassius was his slave name even though he was never a slave. He also spit on his father's memory because Cassius was his father's name. Never was a fan of him, frankly I was surprised when he died because I thought he had already been long dead.
>>
>>76770365
Also side question to add to OP's question was Muhammad Ali a Muslim Muslim or a Nation of Islam Muslim (basically what is to Islam, what Mormonism is to Christianity).

I know many black people in his time converted to Nation of Islam, which any Shia or Sunni Muslim will tell you isn't really Islam, that's why I ask.
>>
>>76771829
He was in the NOI in the beginning but became a Sunni
>>
>>76770365
becuz muh dik muggafugga

*fucks whitey nomsayin*
>>
File: image.jpg (415 KB, 1190x1174) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
415 KB, 1190x1174
mohammad is most charismstic name ever, jesus is name like a spic drug dealer from L.A
>>
Good athlete, but a fucking retarded narcissistic nigger otherwise
>>
>>76770365
>Why did Cassius Clay change his name to Muhammad Ali?
Hatred for whites

>Also why did he abandon our lord and savior Christ for the "prophet" Mohammad?
He thought only christianity slaved black people and islam not so basically ignorance.
>>
File: Unchained.jpg (21 KB, 266x342) Image search: [Google]
Unchained.jpg
21 KB, 266x342
>>76770365
He was and always has been a black supremacist. He hated on whitey even though whitey gave him everything. He was a horrible husband, he went through wives like candy, and an even worse father. Google his children sometime, he would literally forget about them. He really added nothing of value to this world. All he could do was fight and talk about how great he was while not being a father to his kids.

>>76772196
Aren't you Muslims supposed to respect Jesus and regard him as a prophet even though you reject him as savior? Also his name wasn't Jesus is was Cassius, and no Muhammad is not a pretty name.
>>
>>76772776
He was also a serial adulterer, all around a bad husband and father, who never should have had family.
>>
>>76770365
He was a nigger who punched for a living
>>
He was cucked by Allah.
>>
>>76770365
retard logic

like >>76771583 said, it had to do with his "slave name". Sadly the reality is that muslims were also slave traders in africa, and long before europe, as they controlled the silver trade route well into the 1600s. Many of the african kingdoms who traded with westerners on their transatlantic boats during the age of discovery were muslim converts like the sokoto and songhai.

So all Cassius Clay ever done was adopt the name of yet another slave holder. He should have simply gone full dindu and call himself Umbukto Bambili.

Plus he picked the retarded NOI for like 10 years instead of "normal" islam, and they were rumored to interfere with his fights during that period as well. So more shady shit there too.

So yeah, a great athlete but a long list of weird life decisions and a whole lot of clueless people watching and clapping in confusion.
>>
>>76770365
Because of a pan-african islamic cult that believes in historical fiction
>>
File: 1452912613261.png (387 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
1452912613261.png
387 KB, 1080x720
>>76772196
>mohammad is most charismstic

is that how he attracts his swine suitors?
>>
>>76770365
his momma call him clay, imma call him clay.
>>
>>76770365
He probably rejected Christ because being a Christian dictates humility and giving glory to God.

Muhammad Ali much like the Prophet Muhammad liked taking the glory for himself and saying he was the greatest.
>>
>>76770365
Cassius really is a beautiful and rare name in America. Why didn't he atleast keep Cassius and change his last name to Muhammad?
>>
because he is the original fedora. edgy and thinks he is smart, thinks he is founder of some revolution. all he did was encourage blacks to stop naming kids after normal names
>>
>>76770365
Muslims believe in Christ too
>>
>>76772776
I remember reading on the dailymail I think last year(?) about the drama going on between his current wife and himself and his adult children. His children claimed that his wife was keeping him from communicating with his children and had complete control of his money because Muhammad was in bad health.

>>76773216
While I can say his boxing career was impressive, I don't know understand why so much attention is given to a guy who was just a boxer?
>>
>>76773642

Lmfao, funny movie.

Better topic for /pol/ is, why are negros great at making everyone laugh? They're natural clowns or court jesters.
>>
>>76773216
>Plus he picked the retarded NOI for like 10 years
Ali never left the Nation of Islam behind, really. Perhaps he distanced himself from the new leadership, but they had a speaker address the crowd at his memorial service this very day.

>>76774387
>While I can say his boxing career was impressive, I don't know understand why so much attention is given to a guy who was just a boxer?
Ali's elevated profile was always more about sports journalism pushing their hard left agenda through the topic of what they were reporting on than Ali's sports career. He was useful on civil rights issues and being against the Vietnam war, between bouts of poor blacks taking a dive for millions. Maybe back in the day his Olympic medal was earned, but boxing on the whole was a fake, rigged sport, even in Ali's day. It's nowhere today for that fact, it only took folks a good long while to figure it out.
>>
>>76770365
He was proud of his nationality which is more than any degenerate cuck can say.
>>
>>76774065
They believe Jesus of Nazareth existed but was a regular human being who preached forgiveness. Even most atheists believe in Jesus to that extent.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.