[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
9th Circuit Cout of Appeals says 2nd Amendment Does Not Guarantee
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: ron paul it's happening.gif (973 KB, 312x213) Image search: [Google]
ron paul it's happening.gif
973 KB, 312x213
'A federal appeals court in San Francisco ruled Thursday that the Second Amendment of the Constitution does not guarantee the right of gun owners to carry concealed weapons in public, upholding a California law that imposes stringent conditions on who may be granted a concealed-carry permit.

The 7-to-4 ruling by the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, in San Francisco, overturned a decision by a three-judge panel of the same court and was a setback for gun advocates. The California law requires applicants to demonstrate “good cause” for carrying a weapon, like working in a job with a security threat — a restriction sharply attacked by gun advocates as violating the Second Amendment right to bear arms.

“Based on the overwhelming consensus of historical sources, we conclude that the protection of the Second Amendment — whatever the scope of that protection may be — simply does not extend to the carrying of concealed firearms in public by members of the general public,” the court said in a ruling written by Judge William A. Fletcher.'

https://archive.is/DlYpV ( http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/10/us/second-amendment-concealed-carry.html ) (also many other sources in the news now, naturally)

This ruling applies immediately to the following jurisdictions:
Alaska
Arizona
California
Guam
Hawaii
Idaho
Montana
Nevada
Northern Mariana Islands
Oregon
Washington
>>
>>76764808
This was posted days ago faggot.
>>
File: ron paul bump.jpg (43 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
ron paul bump.jpg
43 KB, 500x333
>>76764990
Not an argument.
>>
>anything from commiefornia
>relevant
>taken seriously by other states
K
>>
>>76764808
>A federal appeals court in San Francisco
>San Francisco
>>
They'll set up 2nd amendment zones soon enough.

>We're not infringing your rights! You can bear arms in these registered locations, then keep your guns stored at those locations in the hands of a federally licensed trust.
>see, you're still free.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1464738080174.jpg (10 KB, 273x296) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1464738080174.jpg
10 KB, 273x296
>>76764808

How does this actually apply tho, are CPLs just null and void now? And how does this regard Open Carry?
>>
>>76766288
It changes nothing.

It simply means that if states desire, they can still refuse to give out conceal carry permits and make conceal carry illegal.

States that DO have constitutional carry or give out conceal carry permits may continue to do so.

It literally changes nothing.
>>
>>76765304
>>76765414
This applies to the whole ninth circuit guys

>>76766288
The ruling was about the constitutionality of California's law about concealed carry. As >>76766580 said it means those states may now do the same.
>>
>>76764808
>alaska
how in the fuck is alaska anything like any other state?
youre living in the fucking wilderness
>>
Circuit Court cannot override a SCOTUS decision. Expect them to get BTFO over this.
>>
>implying I can't concealed carry without a permit

my state legalized it months ago, so blow me leftshits
>>
>>76765304
Our faggotry cannot be contained within the borders of the state anymore. You should have noticed this by now.
>>
>>76766799
depends on next scotus. I really hope they don't overturn heller while scalia's body is still warm, but i wouldn't count on anything if hillary is picking his replacement.
>>
>>76767448
Youre faggotry can be ignored as well. Good luck enforcing it in AZ
>>
>Commiefornia

Its fucking nothing
>>
>>76767676
nice numbers
>>
>shall not be impeded
>>
>>76766799

except SCOTUS opinion was about guns in the home
>>
>>76767676
>dem numbers
>>
>>76767676
Dam son
>>
>>76764808
I wonder how long it'll take before the Ninth Circuck CoA can add this to their already record setting list of "Shit We Ruled That Got Overturned"
>>
>>76764808
So is the general public not part of "the people" now?
>>
>>76764808
Still unconstitutional.

Only Rhode Island has the legal authority to make unconstitutional decisions.

This cannot be legally enforced in public property, only private.

Constitutional rights only ever apply to public property, not private.

>commiefornia
>>
>>76764808
so?
I myself assure my rights, not some puffed up bureaucrat in a costume
>>
>>76764808
>LOL YOU DONT NEED GUNS WHITE MEN, THE SAFETY OF ZIONIST REGIME FORCES STANDS ABOVE YOUR "RIGHTS"
>jewish terrorists have a right to defend themself against terror victims with U.S. provided arms with U.S. provided arms in Palestine
>communist terrorists have a right to defend themself against a democratic vote with U.S. provided arms in Syria
>muslim terrorists have a right to defend themself against a democratic vote with U.S. provided arms in Syria
>muslim terrorists have a right to defend themself against a democratic vote with U.S. provided arms in Lybia
>jewish terrorists have a right to defend themself against a democratic vote with U.S. provided arms in Ukraine
>>
Protest by open carrying
>>
>>76769207
If they say it is illegal for any reason to open carry incl disturbing the peace, they have effectively banned carrying which violates the second ammendment. They have to allow one or the other
>>
>>76764808
The ruling only addresses California state law in a 3+ year old case, it changed literally nothing and would probably rejected and damned to live perpetually in state courts for all eternity. Fuck off with this nonsense.

t.Arizonan who could give a fuck what Commiefornia says about funs.
>>
>>76767676
noice

>>76769207
>>76769458
open carry and concealed carry are illegal in CA now
>>
>>76770251
Thats all it takes is for them to enforce them both to cause a shitstorm.
>>
>>76764808
But OP.. I still have my CCP and carried today when I went to home depot.

Cascadian independence when?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.