[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can you please redpill me on ancient Greece and Roman Empire
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
can you please redpill me on ancient Greece and Roman Empire in regards of homosexuality?

It seems that according most of people everyone was bisexual and grown men could fuck young boys.
>>
In the Roman Legion, you could be gay, but only if you weren't the top with anyone who's your superior. It was a dominance thing
>>
>>76709708
It was considered manly to fuck other men not much to it my man. Women were used to bring forth new children but a man truly knew what pleasures the other man needed. Homosexuality is actually more manly then pleasing a female to them.
>>
>>76709708
roman science was vastly inferior to the greeks. the former culture was unfortunately the heir to the slow trend of science for over the next thousand years.
>>
>>76709708
It was 100% about dominance

It was considered VERY manly to force other men to suck your cock, or to do the cat stretch and take you up the ass
>>
>>76709708

their society was ruled by faggots, just like ours
>>
>>76709859
Science is gay, imperialism is top tier.
>>
>>76709799
Didn't early opponents of Gaius Julius name him "The wife of Phillipus" because he spend time as a hostage to the Macedonian king?

Getting fucked in the ass was considered shameful in Rome.
>>
>>76709708

Getting fucked in the ass was considered shameful and unmanly in Rome.

Therefore, whoever fucked you in the ass was your superior.

Therefore, the military generals fucked thier privates in the ass

In regular non-military rome it was frowned upon
>>
>>76709708
was tolerated, nothing more
They were all masculine alphas while being gay
>>
>>76710035
It's shameful if you're a politician. Could you imagine Bush getting elected if we KNEW he had been fucked him in the ass? Doubt it.
>>
>>76710225
>implying Michelle hasnt sweeped Barrack's chimney
>>
>>76710312
That's part of the appeal. 50+% approval rating after 8 years of stagnation didn't come from nowhere
>>
File: 1458396795420.jpg (195 KB, 798x770) Image search: [Google]
1458396795420.jpg
195 KB, 798x770
>>76709708
YOUR FOREFATHERS WERE FAGGOTS AHAHAHAHHA
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pederasty

inb4 Spartans were pedos;

Sparta, during its Dorian polis time, is thought to be the first city to practice athletic nudity, and one of the first to formalize pederasty. The nature of this relationship is in dispute among ancient sources. Xenophon in his Constitution of the Lacedaimonians says that Spartan customs were unsuited to pederasty: a man might aim for idealized friendship with a boy but a sexual relationship was considered "an abomination" tantamount to incest.Aelian's Historical Miscellany talks about the responsibilities of an older Spartan citizen to younger inexperienced male lovers.
>>
>>76709708
fucking a man in the ass = manly and not gay
getting fucked in the ass = gay and punishable by death
>>
>>76709708

Only sort of. It was not done openly. It was a 'poorly kept secret' and a tolerated traditional aspect of the mentor like relationship between older and younger men.

If you were to make out with a dude in public you would have gotten your ass beat though
>>
>>76710498
Your peers are faggots. My ancestors just hit the learning curve quicker.
>>
Open sex or men acting feminine was scandalous in Rome hence you have the senators gossiping about it constantly. Anyone saying Rome wasn't hugely conservative in it's golden era is retarded. Consider senators like Cicero who lived entirely through ideals of virtue his influence being from the early days of the republic. Consider hardline men like Gaius Marius fighting off barbarians who was about as stoic and rough around the edges as you could get, extremely blunt and patient and by the book the classic commander in even modern militaries. The army in turn always followed by example. The people you see leading from the early republic into the early imperial period were different than the later Romans who became rich and fell to the all too common traps of fine living becoming soft. This happens over and over to the Greeks and Romans and when you realize this the idea that they could all just generally act hedonistic as if it was intrinsic in their culture is ridiculous. There was never time for this kind of behavior or buying when your cities are under siege or there's a civil war going on. Only when things are prosperous does this kind of shit go down.
>>
As far as I know, homosexuality wasn't accepted in Roman culture. Men had a wife for babies and a misstress or prostitutes for sex.
>>
>>76709708
Sexuality being a figure of identity wasn't really a thing in the ancient world. So, you would have men who occasionally fucked men.

In Roman, it was considered disgraceful to be on the receiving part of intercourse, and dominant to be on the giving part; the more dominant the person you were dominating the more dominant or masculine it became and vice versa for receiving.

So, fucking a man in the face meant you were top dog because men are dominant and you're face fucking them. Likewise, getting your face sat on by a woman was a huge disgrace in comparison because you're getting dominated by a woman, you pussy.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elagabalus

Daily reminder that this guy was a wild dude.
>>
I heard it was more along the lines " men for fun and women for babies"
>>
>>76712617
I heard that attributed to Middle Easterners. I think the Greeks may have espoused this. But I'm pretty sure the Romans didn't like homos at all.
>>
>>76709708
My theory is that homosexuality disenfranchises women. Think about it... The only thing they have that men want is sex. They have a monopoly on it. If men can get sex somewhere else, what ever power women have over men is substantially reduced.

Sex is a woman's only bargaining chip and boy fucking makes it almost worthless. It's simple supply and demand.
>>
>>76711922
>not letting patrician women smother you between their milky thighs and grind their hairy cunts across your aqualine nose
>>
>>76709708

That's a female in the picture
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.