[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
do you think people should have the right to kill themselves?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 1465190602463.gif (499 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1465190602463.gif
499 KB, 500x281
do you think people should have the right to kill themselves?

is suicide a selfish act?
>>
If you have kids and close family yes. Otherwise knock yourself out
>>
If you wanna kill yourself, wait one year. Set it on your phone's calendar. If you still wanna kill yourself after one year go ahead.
>>
>>76703662

You don't die from losing consciousness, though.
>>
>>76703565

You're free now m8. u can quit your job and go fly around the world and stay in the nicest hotels and fuck bitches all day every day. u can go do that hobby u always dreamed about when u were shitposting... you can go help needy kids in the ghetto.

the world is your oyster m8. enjoy it and don't forget the caviar.
>>
File: 6whXGm8.jpg (124 KB, 1076x1306) Image search: [Google]
6whXGm8.jpg
124 KB, 1076x1306
Suicide is not a selfish act, it's a weak act. There are those who choose to stunt themselves by living their life according to religion, and those who decide to opt out of any sort of meaning in life by committing suicide.

If you're determined to be unhappy with your life to the point of ending your life, why not recklessly pursue your happiness? Why not spend what money you have doing whatever you want and damn the consequences? If you're unhappy with your life, change it, don't be weak and give up on it.
>>
>>76703565

Suicide is selfish and cowardly.
That said, there are cases where euthanising should be legal, such as with a terminally ill person that suffers every second and has no hope for a cure.
>>
>>76703960
>Can't do anything for myself due to cancer/illness
>Either it kills me or I kill myself
>Weak
>>
>>76703565

Yes. Let the weak die off.
>>
If someone wants to die let them

They shouldn't be restricted because of muh religion or whatever other morale shit
>>
>>76703887
most people dont feel free and thats a maddening experience

>>76703745
thats actually a good idea
>>
>>76704122
Anon you can't be serio-

>Looks flag
>>
>>76703565
People say that suicide hurts the people around you. And yes, at a bare minimum, someone has to handle your body after you die (and frequently, people who commit suicide have not made burial arrangements -- leaving their relatives on the hook for thousands of dollars).

But ultimately, there are some really good reasons to commit suicide: you have a terminal illness or are unwilling to suffer the indignities of advanced aging. Throughout human history there are cultures with a long tradition of suicide by the elderly and infirm.

But people have been committing suicide out of despair more and more often these days. Japan for example has a truly frightening number of suicides each year due to a population that's buckling under the responsibility of handling their aging population.
>>
Terminal patients should definitely have the option to painlessly end their lives instead of racking up medical bills and painfully living on life support.
>>
Suicide benefits society as a whole. If you aren't able to keep going then you aren't being productive and aren't contributing to the well being of that society. If you feel like it's your time, then best of luck and I hope it doesn't hurt.
>>
>>76703565
You don't live for yourself, you live for others.

This is the reason I don't off myself. It would be easy and I would no longer have to live, but my parents and family would struggle with it. When my brother died in an car accident, so did a part of my family.

If you don't have any loved ones or any capacity to make life easier for the people in your community, then go ahead and kill yourself.
>>
>>76703565
they should
suicide is a selfish act but its your life and you have a right to be selfish with it
>>
When I can no longer tie my own shoes I'm in all probability going to kill myself. I don't want to go out with Parkinson's like a little bitch like Ali did.
>>
If you've got some terminal disease shit or your quality of life will be or is extremely lowered then sure. Watching my stepfather's dad waste away from being one of the smartest coolest dudes I know to an angry confused old guy who didn't even know who I was because of brain cancer was some of the hardest shit I've dealt with.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.