[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>police shoot "mental patient" with knife >c
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 243
Thread images: 28
File: 23234.jpg (8 KB, 562x64) Image search: [Google]
23234.jpg
8 KB, 562x64
>police shoot "mental patient" with knife
>cucks claim police should of disarmed him hand to hand

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2016/06/09/12/07/reports-of-shooting-at-westfield-hornsby
>>
File: 045404511.jpg (29 KB, 640x519) Image search: [Google]
045404511.jpg
29 KB, 640x519
How can you shoot with a knife?
>>
>>76605713

How do you use hand to hand "combat" to disarm a dindu charging you with a knife?

These people need to watch less Liam Neeson movies.
>>
Why is some hysterical idiot just screaming through the whole video? Jesus.
>>
>>76605713
Don't policemen in you county have any close quarter weapons ? Here at least everyone's got a metal-tipped glob in case they are either disarmed or not able to shoot for some reason.
>>
that woman needs her vocal cords cut.
>>
>>76605850

a bystander got shot, antigun cucks are spazzing out now

>police are poorly trained
>why no tazer
>why isn't real life like movies with 360 jump shot to the hand to disarm him
>>
>>76605713

Why didn't they just use a taser to immobilize him?
>>
>>76606059

would greek police go hand to hand combat against someone with a knife? doubt it
>>
>>76606199
What taser?
>>
>>76606199
>trusting your life to a single, incredibly unreliable, short range shot
ISHYGDDT
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-09-16-26-28.png (1 MB, 1080x1843) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-09-16-26-28.png
1 MB, 1080x1843
>>76605713
He was a Muslim screaming Allah Ackbar who charged at Police with a knife:

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/31802905/four-injured-in-hornsby-westfield-shooting/

http://www.snappytv.com/snaps/hornsby-shooting-about-7-news-sydney-on-seven-sydney_d6
>>
File: knife-gun.jpg (25 KB, 425x240) Image search: [Google]
knife-gun.jpg
25 KB, 425x240
>>76605767
>>
>>76606140

>mfw anglo policemen cant shoot legs/non vital parts

seriously, its not that hard.
>>
>>76606059
Australia has chain of force to keep the upper hand.
If they have nothing, you can use a baton.
If they have a knife, you can use a gun etc.
>>
>>76606445

>source: twitter

REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>76606445
>escaped from a psychiatric facility

A mosque?
>>
>>76606679
Police are taught to aim for centre mass when they feel threatened, and why the fuck shouldn't they.
>>
>>76606679
Let's see you do it when being charged then
>>
>>76606679
>shoot a crazy man with aknife in the leg, which is difficult on a moving target
>he is undeterred, keeps running and stabs you
>>
>>76606679
t. Someone with no combat training at all
>always centre mass faggot
>>
>>76606679
>LOOK AT ME, I'm a superior German
>therefore I am allowed to judge all other subhuman nationalities and especially their police practices, because OUR GERMAN police is sooooo well-trained
>they don't really help young girls when they're being mass raped by shitskins, but at least they are brave enough to shoot knife attackers in the legs
>which is much better, because then we superior Germans get to pay for his stay in hospital, including expensive surgeries
>isn't that just great and civilized? we aren't barbarians like you who dare shoot another HUMAN in a lethal way
>haha you stupid anglos, and after his stay in hospital, we pay for his stay in prison
>and when he gets out after 3 years, he can still live like a normal person, generously paid for by civilized German taxpayers
Krauts are always so smug about their retarded practices. It amazes me how steadfast they are in their pseudo-civilizational retardation. But at this point I just wish the Russians would have wiped out every last German cuck in WW2. It's more than pathetic to see such racially unaware, mental weaklings in a country that once took on the whole world.
>>
>>76606679
There's no such thing as "non vital parts" when it comes to gun wound. Its very easy to damage major artery in the leg and make target bleed out in minutes before ambulance arrives.
>>
>>76606445
>babbling incoherently

Arabic then
>>
>>76606679
You retards keep using this yet completely forget there are vital points to limbs that could just as easily kill someone. Blood gets pumped everywhere, lifeline gets severed without proper attention = death. You think some crazed person is going to submit to the police so they can stop the bleeding while adequately detaining him. No, he's more likely to go running off like a dazed deer bleeding to death slowly, and by the time you get him to medical attention hes dead.

See: Femoral artery and brachial artery
>>
File: its just a knife.gif (3 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
its just a knife.gif
3 MB, 320x240
ITS JUST A KNIFE BRO!

HAND TO HAND BRO!
>>
>>76605713
Cops also shoot bystanders
>>
The only problem is that dickheads stayed around to see the police in action

When shit's going down, you get out of there before it turns dangerous.
>>
>>76606445
>psychiatric facility
are we labeling mosques appropriately now?
>>
>>76607072
Source?
>>
current police here, won't say what state-
nsw police have glocks in .40 S&W, the officers panicked and completely ignored all training, leading to multiple injuries and the extremely cruel death of the assailant

here's what they did;

>let the man come within 4 meters of them with a knife (BAD fuck up)
>shot either 3 or 4 times (i forget, only saw it on the news) wildly in his direction without checking beyond the target
>aimed poorly, did not hit him in centre of mass, bullets penetrated and hit multiple bystanders causing injuries
>proceeded to not fire again and waited for him to get on the ground (BAD fuck up, if he was actually a bad enough threat to warrant lethal force he should have dropped like a sack of rocks)
>once he was on the ground, did not render first aid or make any attempts to arrest, just let him bleed out (this is okay in SOME circumstances, but not in this one)
>panicked and fucked off until other officers came

they should be fired in my opinion, they have no business being in the police force.
here's what they should have done:

>kept back, told him to stand still
>given him warning that they have firearms and are not afraid to shoot
>ordered him to get on the ground and drop the knife
>once he charged, the moment he was completely faced towards an officer with the knife in clear view, screamed to stop
>once he came within 5-6 meters, fired repeatedly into the torso until he was on the ground
>when suspect on ground, motionless and not a threat, came over, kicked the knife to the side, handcuffed and rendered first aid

fucking women man, i hate female cops
>>
>>76607121

That is because Police in Australia never get a chance to use their guns and most of them only ever practice shooting at the range about once a month.

Australian police need to use their guns MORE, not less. Same thing happened during the Sydney siege, police accidentally shot hostages. It's because Australia has no gun culture, no one practices and uses guns as they do in other countries.
>>
>>76607198
Ohhhhhh damn sen
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fPNhWH_Thk

IT'S JUST A KNIFE BRO
>>
>>76607266
Dont have link but its from some video explaining not to waste your time learning jew jitsu bc its just a bunch of bs for the most part
>>
>>76606679
This ain't Hollywood you fucking retard germancuck
>>
>>76607126
I went from South Sydney to the CBD and spent a couple of hours checking out the siege. It's normal to have a bit of curiosity and embrace the danger.
>>
>>76605713
>What a bunch of assholes, like, it's just a knife, disarm him! lmao

>HELP! CALL THE POLICE! HE'S GOT A KNIFE!
>>
>>76607302
They've been reporting all day that 3 bystanders were shot
>>
>>76605713
>http://www.9news.com.au/national/2016/06/09/12/07/reports-of-shooting-at-westfield-hornsby
They should have shot the screaming woman as well. It's not normal to scream like that. She must be mental, too.
>>
>>76605821

It can be done pretty easily by grabbing their forearm and pushing their hand inwards in a sort of slapping motion.

Only downside is that if you fuck up you have a high probability of being deeply stabbed.

But disarming is only meant for when you don't have any better means to bring them down. You don't risk your life to save a bullet.
>>
>>76606679
>>76606679
>legs
>non-vital
wew
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=885_1420607869
>>
Worked in a psychiatric unit.

Any time a patient went nuts with a sharp object we would rush at them with mattresses and sit on top of them until they were given a sedative.

It was fucking awesome.

"Act of kindness to the individual" the charge nurse called it.
I'm getting old. You probably can't do that anymore.
>>
>>76607483
It's fine if you want to do that, but you can't complain if you get shot as an innocent bystander if you chose to stay there when you could've left.

They should've told everyone to back up though, and they also shouldn't use guns unless they can aim.
>>
Sydney police are well aware that their city is ripe for another terror attack. Every other week an 18 year old muzzie is arrested with credible evidence of conspiracy to conduct an attack. Operation Appleby has a large amount of officers working full time gaining intelligence amongst Sydney's population of 350k muslims.

In this atmosphere, they are not going to take chances. Only a few months ago they killed a 15 year old who started shooting up outside Parramatta copshop.

Last month three were shot in Lebbo gang related violence in a busy shopping mall. Its easy for the police to think this could have been another round. And they will be aware its ramadan and to be extra vigilant. So I think they were justified in shooting this guy.

Yes, its really terrible that 3 elderly women were also shot. But if this guy brandishing a butchers knife had bad intentions, whose to say he wouldn't have attempted to remove one of these women's heads?
>>
>>76607692
Talked to the lead doctor of a psych ward a few weeks ago. He had a patient who went nuts but wouldn't take her medication. So I asked him what he planned to do. He said the patient's union had a law passed that forbids maniacs to be medicated against their will. So legally he counldn't do anything but make sure she didn't leave the hospital and wait until she got tired.

What a brave new world we live in.
>>
>>76607036
This.
But also it's really fucking hard to shoot someone's legs when they're scurrying at you with a knife and your adrenaline is 100%.
>>
File: M1911A1.png (1 MB, 1530x958) Image search: [Google]
M1911A1.png
1 MB, 1530x958
>>76608068
Fun fact: Why did America's long time service gun have such a large calibre?
Because when America wanted to pacify the Philippines, they met natives there who just didn't react to gunshot wounds. You'd shoot them once or twice, and they would keep coming at you. So the generals demanded a gun that would stop a horse if necessary.
Hence the .45 calibre. (Same with the Brits' .445 revolvers against Zulus.)
>>
>>76605713
100% right, they should have teleported behind him and used a nerve pinch. its 2016, why would not you have police trained like army soldiers
>>
I've seen the same thing in some French news website comments' section. Some sandnig was running amok with a knife, stabbed someone then holed up in his appartment. Cops came in, tried to subdue him hand to hand, but the sandnig managed to grab a glass and break it on one of the cops' face. The cop had a Flashball (less lethal rubber weapon) in his hands and fired at him in the chest at point blank. Sandnig died of cardiac arrest and thus it was the first death (amongst many injuries) attributed to the Flashaball. Leftards who have been crying for years to get it banned finally got their wish and it is currently being phased out. In the comments section, some leftards were like "hurrr why did that poor minority had to die? durr the flashball and all weapons should be banned. Herp aren't cops supposed to master hand to hand techniques? Derp they have batons don't they?"

Leftards basically expect cops to be some kind of superheroes able to disarm one hundred shitskins bare handed without harming any of them.
>>
File: wtf.png (695 KB, 747x898) Image search: [Google]
wtf.png
695 KB, 747x898
Australian Police need to use their guns more often so they are actually competent with them.

Australia needs to bring back the ability to own a gun for self defense and then approve concealed carry licenses, also need to change the law so you are able to use a handgun on your own property to practice with it (for those who can't get to ranges often, currently no matter how much land you own its illegal to use a handgun on your property, can use rifles though).

We need to build a gun culture here again and have police actually practice using the equipment they are given rather than being scared to touch the handgun.

Police in other countries, particularly the US, are usually firearms enthusiasts and in their free time they shoot guns they own for fun. They also get to take their police firearms home. Australian Police are the complete opposite.

Same with the Australian military. They also aren't allowed to practice outside of military facilities and structured training. A lot of them started carving wooden replicas of guns so they could "practice". Fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>76606445
At least we can agree, that mudslimeism is violent mental disorder.
>>
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 588x437) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 588x437
>>76605713
>That dumb cunt screaming the whole time
>>
>>76608348
Except, my kraut friend, that the after action reports and studies AFTER the .45 was adopted show the SAME problem and the SAME complaints about failure to stop. "It will stop a horse!" Is bullshit and will get you laughed at in circles where people know about guns and understand ballistics.
>>
>>76606679
>leg
>non vital
http://youtu.be/Q11PNyagJIo
>>
Anyone else completely fucking sick and tired of the HURR JUST SHOOT HIM IN THE LEGS bullshit?

I mean how the fucks the cop going to shoot them in the legs? Real life ain't a fucking video game and there's no such thing as VATS.

Fucking retards I swear.
>>
>>76608678
Well, I guess they figured it was worth a try. Once your army decides on a gun model, that army is stuck with it for at least a decade. Which means good business for the manufacturer.

As to muslim maniacs with knives in our streets: There's really no easy solution. Pepper spray and CS gas have been known to irritate those kind of people even more. I guess riot police with big plastic shields and batons could try to club them down, but they're normally not stationed in the cities, but outside where there's more space for exercise grounds.
>>
>>76605713
>not engaging the man in honourable hand-to-hand combat

Son I am disappoint
>>
>>76605713
Yeah would have liked to have seen the women police officer who also shot an innocent by-stander disarm the man with the knife.
>>
>>76608858
>there's no such thing as VATS
we're getting closer
http://youtu.be/Pmteh_NChOQ
>>
File: 1457614361899.jpg (77 KB, 928x696) Image search: [Google]
1457614361899.jpg
77 KB, 928x696
>>76605713
>police shoot "mental patient" with knife
>>
>>76608960
We should arm police officers with swords and shields.
>>
>>76608858
It has been done countless times.
It's really a question of how thorough the cops' training is and if they have the opportunity to aim for a leg or a shoulder.

Here a guy is usually shot in the leg and that works. Last summer a nut in Berlin moved to fast for that, so he was hit in the chest several times and died.
>>
File: 1437389763264.png (35 KB, 537x515) Image search: [Google]
1437389763264.png
35 KB, 537x515
>>76605713

>should of

lol
>>
>>76605713
>.au
fuckoff roo-nigger
>>
>>76607302

I don't know man, in the video the female officer who shot (apparently it was her bullet that went stray) looked like she was getting charged on hard.

It does sound like a mess though from the description. She fired two shots, one missed. Then they backed off while he walked around and then fired two more shots (apparently another one missed).

I've seen other police shootings here where they basically just backed up until the guy charged and popped 2-3 shots in their chest and dropped them. The fact that she was firing at a bit of distance with such a large crowd in the background...
>>
>>76607303

Sydney cops use their guns all the time.

They just don't usually fuck up like this.

The Sydney Siege was our version of SWAT, who have a spotty track record, and the whole siege (and Monis as a criminal) was handled poorly and it really should have been handled by the Army.
>>
>>76609101

Police are almost universally trained to shoot center mass.

If you shoot some faggot in the leg you will most likely fuck up his leg so bad that he will no longer be able to walk and sue the police force.
>>
File: 1463270081584.gif (4 MB, 632x354) Image search: [Google]
1463270081584.gif
4 MB, 632x354
I actually tried this knife-to-hand combat thing out with my dad using a plastic knife, we switched roles too.

Both of us got rekt by the other.

A hand can not beat a knife if the other guy slashes and stabs quickly.

>Inb4 muh extensive jiu-jitsu training and muh action movie experience
>>
>>76609217
See
>>76607303
>>76608412
>>
>>76607790

When I heard "shooting in mall", as a Sydney sider my first impression was;

>Muzzies cleaning house again.

Even that last hit they did, one of the people shot was just an innocent woman eating her lunch. Idiot somehow managed to let off a stray bullet despite shooting from point blank range.
>>
>>76606679
I know a cop who shot a dude in both his knees with one shot.
>>
>>76609217
You aren't supposed to let someone armed with a melee weapon approach past 20 ft. That's the killin' range for a knife, son. But yeah, it sucks that she hit a couple of bystanders. Cops generally need more range time than their training provides.
>>
>>76609399
>he will no longer be able to walk and sue the police force.
Only in countries like America.
It wouldn't work here.
>>
>>76609367
>It really should have been handled by the army

Like they are any better.
Australia is just shit when it comes to anything related to firearms because they are seen as "scary".

http://www.aspistrategist.org.au/diggers-lives-endangered-by-australias-gun-laws/
>>
>>76609217
She should have kept her aim directly on the man's centre of mass (AKA the torso) and placed rounds in it until he fell to the ground. This dancing around and encircling shit would result in a murder conviction if done by a civilian in self defense.

It doesn't matter how many people were in the area or if she was scared (And believe me, I've been in her situation, luckily I didn't have to fire since the taser worked, but it's nervewracking) she should have been able to put that man down the moment he began to charge.

It was a fuck up in training, I don't blame the woman herself. If I didn't elect to go beyond the normal scheduled training dates I'd probably have fucked up in the exact same situation.

Of course, all of that is the offhand (and not in any ways representing any police force, state or federal) opinions of a police officer, the tribunal into this shitfest may result in a separate conclusion and I hope she gets to keep her job, just with a bit better training.
>>
>>76607852
Christ, fuck having that job.
>>
>>76609367

>They just don't usually fuck up like this.

It was a woman cop, that explains that.

>
The Sydney Siege was our version of SWAT, who have a spotty track record, and the whole siege (and Monis as a criminal) was handled poorly and it really should have been handled by the Army.

Our police tactical teams train with the SASR on certain components. The army is not needed. The only thing that cause that siege to fuck up was not enough experience.
>>
>>76609625
And terrible communication between all the officers and negotiators at the scene.
>>
>>76609430

Yeah, but that's just wrong. We have cops shooting people in Sydney with no problems all the time.

Hell, check out this dude - Popped two into the center mass through a windshield at the guy trying to run him down with a stolen car, and still had the energy to give him a little love tap once he was in the cuffs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KkDayT8AjE

When asked if that was necessary;

>We don't shoot at tires.

And here's one of two NSW cops dealing with a meth head charging at them outside a post office he was robbing;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZmRH_XPnrE
>>
>>76609583
I might add that orderlies aren't allowed to stap people down unless they have a permit signed by a judge. And it's not so easy to get one.

I know this for a fact because we needed to get one for my grandpa to allow nurses to fasten him with a seatbelt in his wheelchair to prevent him from falling out when he dozed off. (God rest his soul.)
>>
Too many people watching kung fu films and shit.
They think like this;
>Just train them to disarm, then they can disarm anyone no matter what.
>Cops walks up to knife wielding psycho, snatches the knife before the psycho finishes blinking. 'pfft, nothin' personal kid' as the cop appears behind him, slapping handcuffs on while tipping his 'blue fedora'.

Doesn't matter how well trained you are, there is always a bigger fish.
Secondly, if police spent all there time training, they'd never actually get police work done.
Third, It's pretty difficult the think clearly when you've got someone charging at you with a knife (I'd know, shitty area, being threatened with knives before, even had one put to my throat), and 'reasonable force' operates on the assumption that someone can think reasonably.

So what happens if they play it 'lefty' and go hand to hand against a knife wielding 'emtnal patient'.
>Patient charges at officer,
>Officer attempts to dodge (but might fail and get injured)
>Tries to grab mental patients hand to control where the knife goes (but might fail and get injured)
>Mental patient tries to stab cop, or hit cop in an attempt to either stun him or get him to let go of the knife.

Throughout all of this, in the back of the cops mind, he'll be wondering how people will react. How 'lefties' might crucify him for police brutality, how it could end his career.

That'll hold him back in a fight.

In every sense of the word, the cop is at a huge disadvantage, physically and mentally and his only saving grace - the only protection he has, is a vest (that'll still hurt if he gets stabbed).

If the cop dies? Well, now you've got two problems, a dead cop and a mental patient with a knife (and if he's smart, a stab-proof vest, mace, a baton, a badge, and police disguise...).

To me, 'reasonable force' is attempting to talk him down first. If that fails or if he attacks you, you do whatever you need to in order to survive. That comes first.
>>
>>76609217
This is why women shouldn't be police officers

We just had a police woman shoot a mentally ill faggot in the head when using a taser twice failed and a struggle for her gun ended with him taking two to the dome

They had a call about a mentally ill man with an extensive history with police all own to be armed with a weapon and they sent a single female police officer to deal with it

http://www.fox9.com/news/156033631-story
>>
>>76606059
yeah it's called a 9mm
>>
>>76609520

They spend all day training with firearms, incessantly. If they can handle themselves in fucking Afghanistan, Iraq and Africa they can handle themselves in Sydney.

>>76609625

Our police tactical teams have shot unarmed people while raiding the wrong houses. I don't know that I trust them as much as the TAG guys who've got a bunch of experience in overseas.

(but I also don't really blame the tactical cops, since they were left with a shitty situation to deal with after it had all gone bad anyway)
>>
>>76609785

I get the impression she panicked, kinda. They aren't showing the full video, but he was running in a straight line at her, standing upright. I'm surprised she missed (no, I'm not saying Hurr Durr it's so easy, but I assume they spend a lot of time training to be able to shoot straight under these conditions?)
>>
>>76606445
>Babbling incoherently shouting Allahu Akbar

What did he mean by this? It's a mystery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNZuTuGVhnA
>>
>>76607674

>It can be done pretty easily
Thanks, it was very easy to discard your opinion with this opening.
>>
>>76607266
every LEO training video since the 1970s in america has some version of this in it, and all of it is derived from real-life AARs, which are required by all departments that receive federal funds and copies of which go to the FBI to review said training material on a regular basis. tldr if your police do not resort to a handgun within 21 feet when the suspect will not disarm, you are a cuck nation
>>
File: frodo.jpg (93 KB, 400x399) Image search: [Google]
frodo.jpg
93 KB, 400x399
Why don't the police just go in bullet-time, shoot the knife off his hand in slow-mo, do a power jump over the perp, and subdue them from behind like a ninja?
>>
>>76610062
Because muzzies aren't people
>>
>>76609728

Those two cases are outliers, not the usual.
What I said is correct. The usual is Australian police NOT training or shooting.

Also, the second video is actually a disgruntled worker who was fired, came back to the postal office he worked at to try kill his ex co-workers.
>>
File: 1463085509048.png (152 KB, 600x503) Image search: [Google]
1463085509048.png
152 KB, 600x503
>>76605713
>should of
CAN YOU FUCKERS STOP WITH THIS ALREADY, YES I'M TRIGGERED!
>>
File: 128717-one-hundred.jpg (114 KB, 650x488) Image search: [Google]
128717-one-hundred.jpg
114 KB, 650x488
>>76609998

That's why I don't get the constant stream of criticism aimed at U.S. cops.

Our cops shoot knife wielding suspects all the time. Not in the legs/arms etc. Just in the chest.

I remember as a little kid walking past this on the way to school.

The next day people were like "MUH TAZERS", and the cops polite explained that they aren't taking a chance on a mental patient hyped up and charging them in close quarters with a knife.
>>
>>76610062
the game difficulty is set to "real life" not to "easy mode or jacky chan movie" :(
>>
>>76609874

>They spend all day training with firearms, incessantly. If they can handle themselves in fucking Afghanistan, Iraq and Africa they can handle themselves in Sydney.

Read the article. Australians in the army disagree with you completely.

And no, they don't. They spend all day for a few weeks, then have breaks. In those breaks they should have the option to train at home or where ever, but they do not have that option because of Australian gun laws.

Stop jerking off the government and what you think the military is and get with fucking reality. Gun laws are cancer in Australia and they danger the lives of our military, police and law abiding citizens.
>>
>>76610192

I can't think of any other recent cases were cops have shot and missed.

There was that mental iced out chick they shot outside a Red Rooster. Same deal.
>>
>>76608348
>>76608678
the natives in question were using a drug of some kind to keep them mentally in the fight in spite of their wounds.

there was still a demonstrable increase in "stopping power," it just didn't work on coked-up flip warriors. personally i still am fine with 9mm +P HPs though.
>>
>>76610300

I have read articles from a former TAG guy who wrote extensively about the Sydney Siege.

He at least believed they were far more equipped and capable to handle it.

I also don't know that I agree with your assessment. The lack of gun laws where I grew up certainly didn't help matters.
>>
>>76605713
The man will need to be institutionalized for life. Either in prison, or a psych ward.

It would have been far cheaper to just shoot him in the head.
>>
>>76610402

You're probably thinking of a special response unit m8, not every cop trains all day like you're saying.
>>
>>76610402
>I also don't know that I agree with your assessment. The lack of gun laws where I grew up certainly didn't help matters.

You're from Australia, what are you talking about?
>>
>>76605713
>tfw this happend up the road from where i live

i fucking swear hornsby is turning into the hood. I dont wanna live in western sydney guys.

If you guys watch the 9 news footage the female officer missed by a fucking mile, she should be sacked and formally investigated imo.
>>
>>76607852
That's for the best imo. Imagine being admitted falsely and when you resist you get a chemical cocktail that turns you into a brain dead permanent resident. An absolute nightmare
>>
>>76610264
No offence, but US cops get away with clear cut murder. (Not that this was murder in this case.)

Over here, we have a much more critical public. Every time someone dies, even if it was a mental patient, there's an outcry. There's an investigation. There's court proceedings. And then the cop who shot may be fined, or lose the right to be promoted, etc. etc.

So the instinct is to do as little damage as possible while to stay in control of the situation. Usually when the nutter stands still, he gets shot in the leg or shoulder, and that's it. If he keeps moving though, then he's killed.
>>
>>76607303
Try twice a year.
>>76608412
> They also get to take their police firearms home. Australian Police are the complete opposite.
You can opt to take your service pistol home provided you can store it properly in most states and territories.

>>76609520
>It really should have been handled by the army
In a way it was. Most of those operators are current or former 1CDO reservists .

>>76608858
>>76608983
If you know any tard spouting this 'shoot them in the legs' shit show them this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_KJ1R2PCMM
>>
>>76609414
Your dad sounds like a total bro
>>
>>76610257
You could of just ignored it, idiot.
>>
>>76609751
this

our cops aren't fucking around. if you can just have the most effective equipment and employ it most effectively, you should

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWmnmmzhdWw
>>
>>76607302
Fucking this. In the footage its clear as day that female cop missed fucking twice. She should be sacked on the spot for that BS and the others formally investigated.
>>
>>76610572
>imply some nigger getting shot is murder
>>
>>76610542
That patient we talked about was attacking other patients and staff.

So not for the best IMO. A syringe of some antipsychotic would have done everybody a big favour in that case.
>>
>>76610578
>twice a year
>take your service pistol home
Which fucking state are you from?
We "train" twice a year yeah, but that's "could you hit a skyscraper from 20 feet" tier. I've actually gone to the effort oftraining for real every two weeks at my local run range.

And I've NEVER heard of someone being able to take their service pistol home (assuming you're talking about the police, military i'm not sure about), you have to lock them up here.

Can't even take a fucking vest or belt home mate. You come in with your uniform and you leave with it. Not allowed to use patrol cars or anything if you're not completely geared up, and you have to stay geared up at all times on duty.
>>
>>76610726
I've been trying to tell everyone that Australians are genuinely retarded. The shitposting isn't ironic.
>>
>>76610522

I grew up in Tasmania.

I would have liked a few laws stopping mentally ill low I.Q. retards from buying semi-auto rifles (technically he could have bought a fully auto rifle, not that it makes a difference).

>>76610508

I was talking explicitly about the special response unit AND TAG.

Not ordinary cops.
>>
>>76610572
sure that happens.... sometimes. you attribute far more culpability to them when you don't make an adjustment per capita. plenty of officers have ended up in the wrong for their decision of when to shoot -- but it will never be because of the failure to aim center mass, or when the suspect refuses to disarm, or some bullshit like OP topic.
>>
>>76610726
Your to fucking autistic. Its the internet, no one gives a shit. Their are more important things to be concerned with then this.
>>
>>76610572

We prefer it if our cops first instinct is to put the threat down, not to worry about their career progress.
>>
File: image.jpg (392 KB, 1111x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
392 KB, 1111x1600
>>76610850
>Australians don't even trust their own police with keeping their service weapon at home with them
My sides
>>
>>76610850
QLD.
>>
>>76610887
>I was talking explicitly about the special response unit AND TAG.
>Not ordinary cops.

sorry m8 been on the road 8 hours from Melbourne and I think the residual cloud of lefty bullshit is still floating around in my brain

It's like spot the white down there.
>>
>>76610710

Only missed once apparently. There were other police shooters (not shown on the video because Muh Sensitive Viewers) who fired 2 more rounds. There were 3 bystanders hit, so I'm guessing one of those went stray or penetrated and richocheted or something too.
>>
>>76609040
Have you seen the couple that hacked the trackingpoint sniper rifle?
>>
>>76610966

This might be new or state specific. I knew a few cops growing up and they all had their gear at home.

Then again, the state I lived in didn't have gun laws and cops were sort of on 24 hour call, so that's probably why.
>>
>>76611100
Nope
>>
>>76610952
In this case - yes, definitely. Mad muslim with a knife on a populated market place.

But there have been other cases. Like the movie where a mother called the cops because her son was off his medication. He had a knife, but clearly wasn't sure what to do with it. He didn't move. He was cornered and still didn't attack. It would have taken 5 minutes of talking and he'd have come quietly. But police decided to escalate the situation, start yelling and then shoot. (Still without being attacked.)

In some cases, shooting is appropriate. Like in OP's case. In some cases it's clearly not.
>>
>>76610887
>Being affected by appeal to emotion rather than thinking logically

You're being cucked by the government. Do you realize that before Port Arthur, they had the new gun laws drafted for the last 6 months? Don't you think that's a little odd that they had the laws already planned before the event actually happened?

There is no good reason to think its ok for everyone to give up their right to own a gun for self defense and protection.
>>
File: 1462647539924.png (64 KB, 256x299) Image search: [Google]
1462647539924.png
64 KB, 256x299
>>76611185
>But there have been other cases. Like the movie

>>>/tv/
>>
>>76608412
police are too scared to touch the gun because the second its brought out let alone discharged there is MOUNTAINS of paperwork that will follow and an investigation involved why the gun was shot.

A lot of them don't want the hassle involved that happens when they use it.
>>
>>76607302

Australian police in general are a bunch of failures. Nationwide they exist to raise money for their respective states and fight easy targets like motorists and pedestrians.
Soon as it comes to doing actual police work they become beyond useless and blame everyone involved instead of going after the asshole who committed the crime.
Even the 'task force' officers are all corrupt and on the take.
>>
>>76611139
>Then again, the state I lived in didn't have gun laws.

Please stop fucking lying. It's retarded.
>>
>>76609984

>disregarding opinions that agree with your side of the argument
>>
>>76605713
>>cucks claim police should of disarmed him

You know what the funny thing is? that's EXACTLY what they tried to do. They tried to shoot his hand and his leg and you know what happened? they hit 3 old ladies.

Aim for the chest, kill, and be done with it. and don't let women be police. Holy shit.
>>
>>76611139
>This might be new or state specific. I knew a few cops growing up and they all had their gear at home.
It is. When the VLAD laws kicked in here in QLD a lot more opted to, thinking they were all on some bikie hit list.
>>
>>76611319

It doesn't, my "argument" isn't that you can easily stop a knife attack by doing ninja moves
>>
>>76611240

It's got nothing to do with an appeal to emotion.

You're just drifting into tin foil hat territory.

Also;

The gun laws aren't the problem (well, they could definitely be loosened a whole lot in regards to what can be owned) the problem is the self defense laws.

No castle doctrine, no stand your ground. You have to go through a fucking murder investigation if you stab a violent home intruder climbing through your window. More guns won't changed that.
>>
>chaser back on tv
>they're less leftie than ever

thank god
>>
>>76605713
Americans aren't trained in deescalation near enough.

Police here gang up on one dude with a knife like pros.
Nobody ever gets hurt.

German police killed 7 people total last year with guns.
>>
>>76611245
>Like the movie
Sorry, wrong expression.
It was a film from a cop's shoulder camera that went through /pol/ some time ago. Showed a concerned mother, her very confused son, and the cop emptying his entire 15 round magazine into him when he wouldn't respond to loud discoherent yelling.
>>
>>76611513

No worries Hans.
>>
File: 1456796776363.jpg (164 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
1456796776363.jpg
164 KB, 800x533
It seems like today the only oppressed minority is police only because they are doing their job.
>>
>>76611302

I'm not lying.

We didn't have any gun laws. You didn't need to obtain a license for a firearm until '91, and even then no one cared.

You didn't need to register firearms, and there were no restrictions on handguns, shotguns or rifles (including full automatic rifles) until '96.

That's essentially "no" gun laws. More lenient than most places in the U.S. were.
>>
>>76611401
this

gun laws don't mean shit if you can't even use it to protect yourself without being charged with murder or manslaughter.

Here even if you attack an intruder in your own property you can be done for assault. Its fucking insane.
>>
>>76605713
because life is an action movie and every cop is steven seagal
>>
>>76611600
Why don't they unmask the villain they have caught?
>>
>>76606586
Holy shit this is genius…
>>
>>76610887
Mate, the guns used at port arthur were acquired illegally.
>>
>>76606679
You've never gone through any military/police training have you?

When you've got less than a second to react in a close combat situation, you're going to naturally go for the centre of mass if you want to ensure you hit your target.

We had plenty of guys going "hurr let's just shoot at their legs during cq training" who still ended up doing the sensible thing - double tapping the torso in order not to fail the test.
>>
>>76611494
This didn't take place in America
Also American police deal with armed people
Literally every encounter is a potentially armed suspect
>>
>>76611401
>You're just drifting into tin foil hat territory.

No, what I stated is reality. Look it up.

Gun laws are a problem, because it is linked to what I am saying. I am talking about gun laws such as being able to own a gun for self defense when applying for a license, being able to do a conceal carry license like in the US or Israel for example. They are linked to self defense laws. Obviously if I am saying we need to be able to own a gun for self defense and for concealed carry, that means you would have to be legally able to defend yourself against a criminal >>76611713
>>
>>76611373

No one said anything about ninja moves. You just move their wrist in a way that losens their grip.

Disarming isn't hard. It's just stupidly dangerous compared to using your own weapon. Anyone that tries to disarm someone as an initial action is a moron.
>>
>>76605767
Gunblade nigga
>>
>>76611767
It's the 4chan guy. Mask is the part of his identity.
>>
Forget the taser debate entirely, here's a real breakdown for you:

The police shot and injured 3 bystanders by accident. the amount of bystanders injured was literally 300% larger than the amount of criminals injured that day.

Another example of how the police "protect" us:

During the sydney seige, police fire killed equal amount of hostages as the actual criminal managed to kill.
>>
>>76611911

Mate, acquiring a gun legally or illegally at that time in Tasmania made no difference, and with the current gun laws Bryant wouldn't have been able to do it, because every tom, dick and harry wouldn't have been selling rifles out of the trading post.
>>
File: 1397370606192.jpg (331 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1397370606192.jpg
331 KB, 640x960
>>76612185
99% of all people wearing a guy fawkes mask bought them after 4chan was cool and are absolutely intolerable faggots.
>>
There's a lot of people here talking about the Sydney siege so I'll throw in 2 cents, believe me or not couldnt give a shit.

I have friends in the second regiment in Sydney, they had a mock floor plan built with in the hour and where equiped and ready for multiple entries if they didn't get the green light for a long shot hit which they would of been more than capable of handling with some of the confirmed kills they had in Iraq and afghan being incredibly harder at larger distances.

The only reason they didn't go in is politics with police being unable to be over ruled in the short time shit storm it was. If it ever happens again I can guarantee the special forces will be the ones going it and taking control of the situation.
>>
>>76611982

Yeah, but right now I can own a gun.

I just can't use it for self defense. And I can't use a fucking knife or a cricket bat either. So it's equally meaningless

(actually, it's been tested, and for some fucking reason multiple criminals have gotten away with the self defense excuse when using an illegal handgun to shoot and kill an unarmed person who wasn't actively threatening them - while guys who choke out home intruders end up in the cells).

Fix the self defense laws, and then worry about the gun laws (which aren't as bad as you make out).
>>
I've been to this shopping center. The layout is elliptical and there would have been people all sides, as evident from the amount of footage filmed by amateurs. It was a given there would be collateral damage. It's sad it was some old people probably out to morning tea, but the blame shouldn't be on the cop. It should be on the mental health facility (if indeed he had escaped from one) or the aggressor.
>>
>>76612374

So I've seen an article from a guy who was former 4RAR or whatever it's called. He claims they could have handle not only the actual assault, but also the snipers could have made the shot.

But the cops said the shot was impossible because of glass thickness.
>>
>>76612481

I don't know man.

Cops have shot criminals center mass with no stray bullets before.

This seems a little strange.

I feel bad for the cop. The scumbag shouldn't have been on the street (probably shouldn't have been in the country).
>>
>>76612419
You can only own a gun if you meet the specific criteria such as sporting or owning a farm but self defense is not considered a legal reason. It should be a reason to own a gun.

>Fix the self defense laws, and then worry about the gun laws (which aren't as bad as you make out).

You're fucking delusional. You are the problem in Australia.
>>
>>76612273
If acquiring the guns legally or illegally made no difference in that horrible instance, why on Earth do you want more laws? They wouldn't have prevented it as he still would have acquired the guns illegally. No "tom, dick or harry" sold him those weapons from a trading post.
>>
>>76612635
Yeah an experienced one. I discussed this with a cop this afternoon, they are trained to hit center of mass. The female cop that fired looked young, and overweight/inexperienced, probably not expecting the situation to escalate as it did and panicked.
I feel sorry for her, she'll have a mark on her record for the rest of her life.
>>
>>76612374
If I'm ever caught in a situation like that bet your bottom dollar I'm attacking the terrorist. Worst case I die without success and get a paragraph on Wikipedia forever and the nation remembering what a sick cunt I was.
>>
>>76612747

How am I delusional.

>You should be allowed to own a gun for self defense!

>Of course, you can't really use self defense to protect yourself and property

I mean, you're putting the cart before the horse.

And what's wrong with the guns?
>>
>>76612893

I've thought about that a lot but I wonder how I'd do it.

It's easy to imagine waiting for him to walk past then smash his head with a cigarette tray but I feel like that shit would be way harder to get right in real life.
>>
>>76612569
Cops where only trying to deflect blame from the obvious solution and might not of been capable as the shot when it's finally came to the crunch.

Friends said glass doesn't even become a factor at that calibre and distance, they've taken out targets at longer distances through metal sitting in cars etc. Not to mention a simultaneous shot which would of been on the cars with only one guy to put him down for good.
>>
>>76612893
If conceal carry or owning a gun for self defense was legal in Australia, it's more than likely that one of the people during the sydney siege would have had a gun on them or at the least the business would have one under the counter.

That means the event could have only lasted about 1 minute instead of 18 hours. Either the law abiding citizen/person behind the counter would have shot and killed the terrorist or they would have tried to shoot him and been killed themselves which would escalate the problem for police and push them to have to rush in and end it rather then fucking around trying to negotiate.
>>
>>76612792

Because the current gun laws would make it impossible for Bryant to have acquired the guns legally or illegally.

>No "tom, dick or harry" sold him those weapons from a trading post

He literally brought them from the trading post. They were acquired "illegally" because you're meant to present a license when purchasing firearms. But no one did, because there was no need to register firearms and there were no restrictions on them, so no one really gave a shit.

You could buy rifles out of the paper willy nilly back then.
>>
>>76613004
>How am I delusional.
>the gun laws (which aren't as bad as you make out).

Hm... I don't know... How could you possibly be delusional?
>>
>>76612071
>No one said anything about ninja moves.

Positing that it's simple to defend against a knife attack must be invoking some kind of ninja moves or holy power.
>>
>>76612893
There's a reason he attacked a Sydney chocolate shop, he knows in any out lying places you can guarantee real men wouldn't of taken that shit lying down.

One man with a shot gun? Those men that ran out when he had he's back turned is fucking sickening. Hope the cunts neck themselves.

Would of rushed him for sure, and I know my friends would do the same. At least the manager was the only one who tried helping when he dozed off.
>>
>>76612893

I'd probably do what half the hostages did and run when the chance showed up, or worst comes to worst, fight. Not because I'm a fucking Super Hard Cunt, but because I've seen what happens when they tell you to get on your knees.

Something I read in a true crime book has stuck with me for years;

>Don't let Crime Scene A become Crime Scene B

As in;

>Hey, let me tie you up and take you away, I promise you won't get hurt

Means you have a 50% chance of getting hurt MUCH worse.

If they're just pointing a gun and doing a robbery...Yeah, okay. The minute they start wanting to tie you up or, god forbid, go full Durkah terrorist, I'm running or fighting.
>>
>>76606679
This isn't a movie.
Legs have the femoral artery, and it's pretty large, one centimeter too short and the target bleed to death.
And the cops aren't that well trained to shoot.

Also anglo police don't have as much work as the american one because less niggers.
>>
>>76613230
You're the problem with Australia. I hate people like you. So incredibly stupid and actually think you are intelligent, it's fucking embarassing. Why not go watch The Project and Sunrise as they talk out of their ass about how bad guns are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klS-OJfwwkk
>>
File: 5230977230.jpg (27 KB, 400x237) Image search: [Google]
5230977230.jpg
27 KB, 400x237
>>76606586
>>
>>76613364
>>76613230

Left leaning cuck.
>>
>>76613325

It's basically clapping but with one arm in front of the other.
>>
>>76605713

These fucking cucks needs to be locked in a room completely unarmed with a knife wielding psycho. Let them demonstrate how easy it is.
>>
>>76613118

Yeah, like a lot of people I was like;

>WHY ARE THEY WAITING

>THIS GUY IS A DURKAH HE'S GOING TO SHOOT

I assumed after a while that they must have known him/knew he wasn't actually going to shoot. But now it turns out they didn't really know what was going on.

I'm pretty sure now everything will be treated like it's Paris 2.0 and they'll shoot first and worry later.

>>76613179

And if we had the same gun laws we had in the 80's, it's more than likely that Monis would have been rocking an AR-15 and done a ton more damage.
>>
>>76613364

If you lived in the US you'd be a bernie voter.
>>
>>76613464

>It's basically clapping but with one arm in front of the other.
>basically

ok tell that to the guy pumped up on meth with adrenaline coursing through him trying to stab you 30 times in the chest
>>
>>76606679

Go play more cowadoody
>>
>>76613462
>>76613375

I'm not at all left leaning. You're just spewing ad hominems. Your feelings don't overrule the facts.
>>
>>76613508
>And if we had the same gun laws we had in the 80's, it's more than likely that Monis would have been rocking an AR-15 and done a ton more damage.

Go to somewhere else that has "Leftypol" you fucking cuck.
>>
>>76612071
you should really look at the flag before posting
>>
>>76606679
thats why violent computer games should be banned. Too many neets who never went out of their house think they know somthing about the real world
>>
>>76613513

>If you don't do exactly as a violent armed criminal says and be absolutely complicit, you're a Bernie voter

That makes sense...
>>
>>76606212
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDkgQ_YyP7E
>>
>>76613590

>These facts hurt my brain

Go back to r/4chan if you can't handle your hugbox being challenged.
>>
>>76613585
>Your feelings don't overrule the facts.

Meanwhile you're using appeal to emotion about Port Arthur shootings, hypothetical about Sydney Siege if our gun laws were looser and trying to justify our gun laws.

Please explain how he would have a AR-15 if gun laws were looser? Because criminals don't obey the law you fucking retard. He chose the gun he had because thats what he wanted. He owned it illegally. If he wanted an AR-15 he'd have bought one of them illegally instead.

Gun laws stop law abiding citizens from owning what they want, they do not stop criminals you stupid cuck.
>>
>>76613554

I keep telling you it's a last resort.

Also, why would I explain to the person what I am planning to do?

>>76613602

Fair enough.
>>
>>76613733
>Projecting
>>
>>76605713
>should of
>>
File: 1464411495016s.jpg (3 KB, 125x122) Image search: [Google]
1464411495016s.jpg
3 KB, 125x122
>>76607303
>American police: gets shot by two terrorists with automatic rifle, kills both while downed with pistol with headshots. No civilian casualties
>Australian police: charged by a shitskin, takes 3 shots to down and injures 3 bystanders
Mfw the officer meets the criteria for a mass shooting in the United states
How can aussies even compete?
>>
File: 1444601012757.jpg (23 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1444601012757.jpg
23 KB, 400x400
>>76605713
>police guys
>>
>>76613613
It's regularly done successfully over here.
Only last year a nut on meth moved too fast and had to be shot in the chest instead. He died.
>>
>>76613885
>It's regularly done successfully over here.
>provide a case where the opposite is true

good1
>>
File: Klingon Warriors - Star Trek.jpg (37 KB, 550x231) Image search: [Google]
Klingon Warriors - Star Trek.jpg
37 KB, 550x231
>>76605713
>Giving up the chance to use your Bat'leth

You petaQ!
>>
>>76609414
Yeah a friend of mine is a jiu jistu instructor and we went to a train station late at night. Somebody tried to rob us (with a knife) my friend got his wallet which was loaded as fuck with coins, pretended to take money out then slapped the guy across the face, grabbed his arm across his front and snapped his wrist. you could HEAR it it was so bad ass. Only person I know that could stop a knife attack
>>
>>76614051
Here's a dose of reality. There are cases where the knife-wielding maniac is just in a frenzy of attacking. You obviously can't go for a leg or shoulder shot in that case. See OP's video for an example.

But more often than that, there are people with knives so disturbed they don't know what they're doing. They usually wander more, they don't run. In those cases our police have always found the time and leisure to shoot them in the leg. It's not a superhuman feat to accomplish that. It just depends on the situation at hand.
>>
>>76613746

I'm not appealing to emotion. I'm appealing to logic and facts.

>Please explain how he would have an AR-15 if gun laws were looser?

Go to Gumtree. Type in AR-15. Go to house. Buy AR-15. Like Bryant did with a newspaper ad.

>If he wanted an AR-15 he'd have bought one of them illegally instead.

No, he got the gun he COULD get. You don't seem to understand that having a large surplus of legal rifles with little restrictions on their circulation or ownership leads to an increase in their availability.

How is he going to get an AR-15 now? A fucking rusted out Smith & Wesson revolver will set you back half a G IF you're well connected to a criminal network.

>They do not stop criminals

They make it much harder, ESPECIALLY for mentally deranged, socially isolated weirdos like Bryant or Monis.
>>
>>76614413

There's no such thing as shooting to incapacitate.
>>
>>76614268

That's not really a knife attack. It's a robbery.

If the guy wanted to attack him he would have just charged him, stabbing. Not much you can do then.
>>
>>76614547
Yet funnily it works all the time.
>>
>>76614459
Not to discredit what you're saying, but he purchased an AR-10 in that manner. Not the AR-15 he used during the massacre.

From Wikipedia (sadly):
>He used at least some of this money in late 1993 to purchase an AR-10 semi-automatic rifle through a newspaper advertisement in Tasmania. In March 1996, he had his AR-10 repaired at a gun shop and made enquiries about AR-15 rifles in other gun shops. In April 1995, he also purchased cleaning kits for a .30 calibre weapon and a 12 gauge Daewoo shotgun.

>made enquiries about AR-15 rifles

So unless you know something the public doesn't, we don't know where the hell he got that from.

I agree our gun laws make it harder for the mentally deranged to acquire weapons they're unfit to use. But it won't always stop them. Makes it harder, not impossible.
>>
>>76614766

That's called missing, maybe your cops need to learn how to shoot :^)
>>
>>76614459
>I'm not appealing to emotion. I'm appealing to logic and facts.

You have no logic or facts.

Go to Gumtree. Type in AR-15. Go to house. Buy AR-15. Like Bryant did with a newspaper ad.

How the fuck does loosening gun laws mean you can now buy any gun you want in the news paper or online you fucking lunatic? It's not one way or the other. I can tell you are a fucking left wing nut. Not sure why you'd be on /pol/. Reddit is more for you.

>No, he got the gun he COULD get. You don't seem to understand that having a large surplus of legal rifles with little restrictions on their circulation or ownership leads to an increase in their availability. How is he going to get an AR-15 now? A fucking rusted out Smith & Wesson revolver will set you back half a G IF you're well connected to a criminal network.

You have no clue what you're talking about. Crates of automatic and semi-automatic rifles get stolen every year from military bases and police storage. It's literally 10 seconds worth of research you can find articles on google.

>They make it much harder, ESPECIALLY for mentally deranged, socially isolated weirdos like Bryant or Monis.

No, they don't. You're a fucking faggot. Get the fuck off /pol/ you ANTI-GUN cuck.

Why the fuck aren't you on reddit instead?
>>
>>76614888

>How the fuck does loosening gun laws mean you can now buy any gun you want in the news paper or online you fucking lunatic?

Because that's precisely how we used to buy guns here when we had looser guns laws? Because we had a larger and unregulated circulation of firearms?

>Crates of automatic and semi-automatic rifles get stolen every year from military bases and police storage.

Yes. They end up in the hands of organized crime networks. Not lone nut weirdos. And sell for an extremely high price.

>No, they don't.

They objectively do. Which is why we have had less mass fatality shootings and why guys like Monis are using almost hundred year old rusted out antiques instead of new rifles genius.

Why aren't you on r/anarchists instead?
>>
>>76614953
Lefties don't know how to do anything except create things out of thin air and pretend its the truth, hoping no one proves them wrong on it.

That's how feminism got started. That's how the anti-gun lobby also works.
Example;
They call a lever action rifle "New rapid fire technology!"
>>
>>76615026
>Crates of automatic and semi-automatic rifles get stolen every year from military bases and police storage.

There was a drive by in Melbourne a few days ago and the guys had long rifles, not sure on the specifics but I would assume just normal bolt or pump actions.
>>
>>76614953

Would have been the same place, or just a private sale/carboot sale (that's how I got my first .22).

>Makes it harder, not impossible

That's what I said. Nothing is impossible, it just makes it a lot harder.

If we had gun laws now like we had in Tasmania back then, you really could just go on Gumtree and purchase the rifles you needed.

Hence Chopper choosing to stay put in Tassie back in the day.
>>
>>76615130
>
Because that's precisely how we used to buy guns here when we had looser guns laws? Because we had a larger and unregulated circulation of firearms?

No, we didn't. You completely made it up.
You have no concept of nuance? Of course there is such a thing as in between.

>Yes. They end up in the hands of organized crime networks. Not lone nut weirdos. And sell for an extremely high price.

No, they aren't. Some of them were found in the trunk of cars being sold among street gangs and bikers for a low price because they stole them, no need to hike up a price when any money they get is a profit.

>They objectively do. Which is why we have had less mass fatality shootings and why guys like Monis are using almost hundred year old rusted out antiques instead of new rifles genius.

Gun deaths were declining before the gun laws changed and they continued to decline at the exact same rate. The laws did not help anything. Assaults, robberies and home invasion shot through the roof after it was announced guns could no longer be owned for self protection. You're clueless and get all your information from Australian media which is all ANTI-GUN.
>>
>>76615173

Bryant brought the guns from private dealers. Same shit.
>>
>>76615312
>If we had gun laws now like we had in Tasmania back then, you really could just go on Gumtree and purchase the rifles you needed.

Because looser gun laws been it has to either be all or nothing?

You fucking cuck.
>>
>>76615312
Interesting, I was born post-massacre so it's always interesting to learn how different things were "just a few" years ago.
And regarding your jab:

>Yes. They end up in the hands of organized crime networks. Not lone nut weirdos. And sell for an extremely high price.

Well, what about really cashed up lone nut weirdos? Like Martin Bryant. I guess it was an unfortunate confluence of shit resulting in the worst outcome.
>>
>>76615460

>You completely made it up

Except that's literally one of the places Bryant brought guns, and literally how many people including my family purchased guns in Tasmania.

>No, they aren't. Some of them were found in the trunk of cars being sold among street gangs and bikers for a low price because they stole them, no need to hike up a price when any money they get is a profit.

Now whose making shit up?

>Gun deaths were declining before the gun laws changed and they continued to decline at the exact same rate.

Homicides have been declining since the late 60's, irrespective of gun laws.

Mass fatality shootings, especially of strangers, have all but ceased.

>Assaults, robberies and home invasion shot through the roof after it was announced guns could no longer be owned for self protection. You're clueless and get all your information from Australian media which is all ANTI-GUN.

And judging by those stats you're getting all your info (which is wrong) from the NRA.

I never said I don't believe in a nuanced response.

You're the one who believes having any sort of restrictions on firearms is literally Full Marxist.
>>
>>76613375

News Guy: "... posted a video testing out a new rapid fire rifle."
Gun Guy video: "This is an Adler A110 12 gauge lever action shotgun."

Fucking hell, the media can't even get basic facts right when it's literally spelled out for them.
>>
>>76606867
We haveb"Escalation of force as well
>>
>>76615593

You tell me. You're the one who is up in arms at the thought of gun restrictions.

>Well, what about really cashed up lone nut weirdos? Like Martin Bryant. I guess it was an unfortunate confluence of shit resulting in the worst outcome.

The fact that organized crime networks and terrorists have trouble supplying anything but a shitty revolver to a terrorist is telling.

Bryant wasn't really a confluence of events. Back then anyone could purchase anything in Tasmania. You didn't need to be cashed up. It might help, but there were plenty of gun dealers/guys who wanted to offload rifles and the only restriction was a basically non enforced law asking you to show your license. Which no one felt necessary because no one down there expected anyone to pull a Bryant. Like I said, even multiple murderers with huge criminal records could freely purchase firearms down in Tassie back then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHIOaP3Vga0
>>
>>76605713
>should of disarmed
Even if I agree with what you are trying to say, in the trash it goes. Learn to English.
>>
File: CgoDzWBUYAAST5M.jpg (173 KB, 1024x1646) Image search: [Google]
CgoDzWBUYAAST5M.jpg
173 KB, 1024x1646
>>76615677

>Now whose making shit up?

Still you. Do some research.

>Homicides have been declining since the late 60's, irrespective of gun laws. Mass fatality shootings, especially of strangers, have all but ceased.

I'm not talking about homicides. I am specifically talking about gun deaths. See pic.

>And judging by those stats you're getting all your info (which is wrong) from the NRA.

No, it's from The Australian Bureau of Statistics and Australian Institute of Criminology in Australia.

You're a fucking cuck.

>I never said I don't believe in a nuanced response. You're the one who believes having any sort of restrictions on firearms is literally Full Marxist.

How can you claim to be nuanced when you are saying "If gun laws are looser, they can buy any gun they want!!!1!"?

Notice I said, loosen gun laws. Not remove gun laws you fucking brain dead moron. As I said, no nuance.
>>
Anyone have a webm of this incompetent female police officer shooting old women?
>>
>>76605713
No joke, my gf's brother was telling me this the other day. He literally thinks life is a videogame like Call of Duty or something and you should just be able to "disarm" someone that has a knife.
>>
>>76616242

>See pic related

>A steady decline in homicides

So exactly what I said.

>Australian Stats

No, you aren't, because they do not show an explosion in assaults or home invasions after the gun buy backs.

>"If gun laws are looser, they can buy any gun they want!!!1!"?

I didn't say that. You're saying it. It's called creating a Strawman.

Notice I said;

>I have no problem with loosening gun laws

>Just not to a pre-1996 level
>>
>>76606059
Look up the 21 foot rule

In nations stemming from English common law- mostly the US but less so the UK, Canada and Australia, there is a general understanding that an unprovoked and reasonably believable threat to ones life forefeits the life of the one making the threat .

No room for negotiation.
No standing around wondering if he will stab or not stab, of if you can pull off a McDojo judo move to disarm him before he harms you or anyone else.
>>
File: 1441786389698.jpg (156 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
1441786389698.jpg
156 KB, 960x640
>>76615922

Ah, fair enough regarding organized crime. Cheers for talking about Tassie's old gun laws - Sorry about the screeching Cuckatoo arguing with you.
>>
>>76606679
You stupid kraut- police are trained to fully and beyond any doubt neutralize a threat as it arises.

This means aiming for center mass and double tapping or may dumping.

Your little "aim for a limb or something " tricks do not translate well for moving targets, may not immobilize drugged up targets quickly enough for a threat to be abated, and can result in innocent bystanders being shot.

>But much tasers
They don't work the way you think they do. They hurt like he'll and can immobilize most, but a lot of large targets and those under the influence of drugs may notice affected.

Look up The Justicar/Integralmath on YouTube .He has excellent content on the matter.
>>
>>76610572
Up until fairly recently, you've been much more ethnically and culturally homogenous than the States. I shouldn't have to explain why that's a factor.
>>
>>76617187
>>76616534

This is the reason why Australians are stupid as fuck, insufferable anti-intellectuals who can't see themselves in the mirror.

You people are disgusting.

>Wahhh, someone is telling me law abiding citizens should have more rights

You might want the government to give it to you up your fucking ass, but I don't and I shouldn't have to live under the thumb of a big government because you morons are too stupid to understand reality.
>>
>>76606994
>I just wish the Russians would have wiped out every last German

Well arguably...

>>76607198
Heh.

>>76608412
That picture made me ill.

>>76609101
>Countless times
>Training
I don't know if you're trolling or not.

It may be true that it's been done multiple times, but that by no means indicates that it's the best, most ethical, most practical or least destructive way to stop a threat.

>Least destructive ?
Yes. Desperate people when they are down and armed may cause more harm than those who are up.
>>
>>76615677
Curious commenter

In reply to
>Homicides have been declining since the late 60's, irrespective of gun laws.

You brought up

>Mass fatality shootings, especially of strangers, have all but ceased.

Without realizing two things
A death is a death by any weapon. After the Port Arthur ban, the expected drop In violent crime that was already being committed with firearms below the total declining violent crime trend line was just replaced with murders when other violent crime by other weapons .

Same situation for the UK.

Mass shootings, even in the US- are statistically anomalous events.

It took Obama's Dept of Justice to conflate gang shootings (4 or more people injured in a single event by any weapon in any context) with mass shootings to even nudge the stats upwards.

It would be easier for me to drive a truck through a playground or to light up some propane tanks on the train if I wanted to kill a massive amount of people then aiming and shooting at moving targets.

Incendiary devices and materials are legal, cheap and universally accessible, and can harm many more people.
>>
File: Seriously.png (5 KB, 183x258) Image search: [Google]
Seriously.png
5 KB, 183x258
>tfw live in hornsby for 15 safe years
>in the last year alone have had 2 violent incidents at the shopping centre
>one involving an asian guy stabbing his ex and her date
>second with a middle eastern bloke was yesterday

STOP THE BOATS
>>
>>76619152
>2
Added a comment post script kek

But seriously if the intention is to kill a massive amount of people with the least risk to myself, I would bring containers and containers of petrol/gasoline into a building and set it alight, instead of standing like a jackass with a gun mowing down moving targets.
>>
>>76605767
>what is a ballistic knife
>>
>>76606867
What if they have a gun?
>>
>>76619986
that's when we let the flightless birds in
>>
File: 1464865178697.jpg (67 KB, 500x354) Image search: [Google]
1464865178697.jpg
67 KB, 500x354
>>76606679
This is why I need to rebuild my bait folder.
>>
>>76606679
They shot a bystander and you think they can do that?
>>
>>76605821
It's called Sambo, m8.
>>
>>76619986
rocket launcher
>>
>>76606445
>psychiatric facility
more like he just left his mosque
>"babbling incoherently" shouting "Allahu Akbar"
this is normal Muslim behavior
Thread replies: 243
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.