[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Women STEM hate general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 494x170) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 494x170
I knew this girl a few years ago and she was honestly one of the dumbest computer science students I've ever met. People had to help her with almost everything. This, and she was a shrilly bitch who wouldn't stop complaining about discrimination. She once complained to a professor because a male TA gave her a bad grade for a midterm, even though her code didn't work. Apparently she's interning with Google now, and she insists it has nothing to do with the fact that she had a vagina.

Women in CS are even worse than poo in loos. Jesus Christ, I hope this women contracts Ebola. This is why we need another holocaust.
>>
>>76580389
How can we have another one if the first one never happened?
>>
>>76580592
hehe
>>
>>76580389
Women in STEM are a giant fucking meme. Except for the super fobby Chinese women who can barely speak English.
>>
>>76580389
>driven, dynamic, smart woman
>smart woman
>woman
DING DING DING!
>>
>>76580389
>CS
That field is already lost, is going to be the next sociology or some shit like that.

You will soon find that women are creating feminist compilers or some shit because C/C+/C++/Whatever is misogynistic or some shit.

I dare the moment they flood my field, but hard science are foreign to most women that run scare at the mere sight of an integral.
>>
more women in stem is a very good thread

the dating pool after undergrad is fucking terribad. choose one: autistic woman, fetal alcohol syndrome woman, woman who doesn't speak english, married woman.

that's it. people who complain about this shit are obviously buttblasted undergrads who think they didn't get into some summer school because women took their place
>>
>>76581289
As a student I thought the same but as a professional not having dating prospect as school worked wonders when I started my own company and began to took off. It is worth the trade off of being free of their presence poisoning the well than to have a lot of dating prospects as a STEM student.
>>
Yeah it's pretty frustrating. I know several women and other minorities that were in my ME classes that I know had much lower grades than me and now they're interning and working for Lockheed, Raytheon, etc.
>>
>>76580389
Found her LinkedIn:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/megan-rich-4a250b93
>Google Community Leaders Program
Yeah, it's bullshit. Probably unpaid also.

Kikebook:
megan.rich.735
>>
>>76581139

Are there still people who go to college for CS? I thought that was just recently laid off fifty-somethings who try to reinvent their careers at community college.
>>
>>76581139
The incompetence is spreading at every level. There's a reason why schools are pushing shit like Python over C++, and it isn't numpy.
>>
Women at any workplace are useless. They delegate all their tasks and are completely helpless when it comes to making decisions and undependable in terms of giving you support.

Women, like some minorities (blacks mainly), don't mix well with the work environment. The fact that they're infiltrating so many of our companies and institutions just shows you how close we are to the ultimate societal collapse.

It's crazy to think even the Bible predicted this stuff with Adam and Eve.
>>
>>76581488
Do you think you'd still have this perspective if you worked for someone else's company instead of starting your own?
>>
>>76581905
The reason Europe is collapsing is because of all the female politicians.

Based men like Korwin are a dying breed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YTe5YNHBQA
>>
>>76581649
Google would never do unpaid she's probably making 30+ an hour.
>>
>>76582148
False. They do unpaid
>>
>>76581872
>pushing shit like Python over C++

I refuse to believe that...th-there's no way that can be true...can it?
>>
>>76581866
>Are there still people who go to college for CS?
imo, CS is a very good option IF you apply yourself outside of the classroom. Put in lots of time with personal projects, teach yourself new things and you won't know what to do with all of the job offers that come your way. Or just be a woman.
>>
I work at a fairly large engineering company and every woman I work with is very competent except for the secretary.

I do remember really stupid women getting through uni without learning anything tho. Of course, there were men doing the same as well.
>>
>>76582380
Not a single class in my bachelors program (at a top 10 CS school) required me to learn C++. We needed to learn very basic C for the first weedout course, but after that it was all Java and Python.
>>
File: kek.jpg (44 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
44 KB, 600x400
>>76581649
>>
>>76582579
WHAT THE FUCK?

Granted I graduated 3 years ago and was an EE with concentration on CE so didn't take every typical CS course, but that just seems absurd to me.
>>
>>76581993
Well I would conceded that having a succesful company open me doors that may have been shut forever otherwise and that working as a wageslave wouldn't possible help me open them until too far into the game.

Still I knew of some coworkers that found really good partners by basically just waving their titles in some minor courses of languages and shit, though they did had to weed out all the bat shit crazy nu-fems.
>>
File: 1458092675481.jpg (252 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
1458092675481.jpg
252 KB, 960x1280
>fell for the computer science meme
>calls others "stupid"
>>
>>76582579
What? Seriously? I am a Civil/industrial engineer and even we learned some C++ and basic programming. But you guys studying Computer science didn't learn C++? What the hell?
>>
>driven, dynamic, smart woman
>who doesn't black others for her failures

She has a point. There is a lot of women. A lot. About half the entire population is women. Problem is, they are lazy, shortsighted and whine too much. This is incompatible with STEM.
>>
>>76582518

Typically when I pay to get an education on a given subject I'd expect to not have to teach myself that subject on the side.
>>
>>76582518
Debating attending Turing Bootcamp (currently a EE). Thoughts?
>>
>>76583068
see
>>76582518

t. making $40 as software engineering intern
>>
In case you nerds haven't figured it out, women don't actually want to work or to have to think, they want to just be babymakers sitting at home all day. They got duped into this shit by the jews through feminism. Feminism has literally destroyed western civilization in every single aspect and now we have to deal with incompetent, lazy female coworkers as a result.
>>
>>76582853
>>76583083

Yeah for object oriented program we use Java/Python now. There is the occasional elective AI class that uses Lisp or something but aside from a single weedout course with C and another course with Ruby, every class I took used Java and Python.
>>
>>76583157
don't pay for anything outside of your degree. everything you need to learn is free online.
>>
>>76583193
Computer Science has some of the lowest job prospects (just above nuclear engineering) thanks to the massive pool of recent graduates

It also has some of the lowest worker satisfaction ratings of any stem field

Sounds like you got lucky
>>
>>76583157
>EE
Learn basic algorithms and data structures, couple javascript frameworks (recommending angular 1 and nodejs + express) and you can work in software engineering.
This entire field will take less effort than a single DSP class.
>>
>>76580389
Meantime you are unemployed
>>
>>76582148
30 an hour is basically unpaid. I wouldn't work for that.
>>
>>76583432
Oh yeah, I'm currently software engineer with EE degree. You got a bachelors', you are in, no one cares if it's not CS.
>>
>>76583430
again, see
>>76582518

i got a good internship and will get a good job because i worked my ass off on open source/personal projects.
>>
>>76580389

>anecdotes

And here you are, shitposting on 4chan to other numbskulls trying to get comfort for the fact that she became something and you're some wasted nothing that she would probably laugh at.

Oh well, you can at least find comfort in the words of cashiers, NEETs, teenagers, and old religious curmudgeons who will share your hatred of any woman.
>>
>>76583157
Literally take a couple of EdX or Coursera courses for free instead.

You will learn the same shit, and at your own pace too.
>>
>>76580389

Mechanical engineer here. Most women in ME go into bull shit administrative "engineering" positions. They can do the math, but they can't do the engineering or bridge concepts at all. The few that do go into the technical aspects of engineering know their shit though. STEM is one of the only fields you can't really get into without knowing what you're doing.
>>
I'm an EE. A female project administrator was promoted to manager at my work, and within a year over half of everyone quit because she's a fucking terrible boss and doesn't know shit. This was one of my first red pills.
>>
>>76583432
>>76583623
Yeah was debating learning angular, ruby, python, and maybe some javascript. I'll look into it. Just need to find some projects that are worth it and interesting.
>>
>>76583548
>anecdotes

those of us who go outside have anecdotes. you keep using tweeter to form your concept of reality, jessica.
>>
>>76581872
Can I take my courses in Java instead of C++ or will the C++ jocks flex nuts on my FOB asian gf and cuck me with their pointer power?
>>
>>76583894
>those of us who go outside have anecdotes.

Everyone has anecdotes, retard. And it's laughable that you would bring up going outside considering how many shutin NEETs this board has.

>you keep using tweeter to form your concept of reality, jessica.

I find this funny coming from someone who frequents a board that bases their entire world view on the internet.
>>
>>76583548
He isn't wrong thought that most females have it a lot easier on the STEM fields even while taking the classes by positive "discrimination" by professors and other students. Besides the positive effect of being a female in a saucefest environment.
>>
>>76583823
>was debating learning angular, ruby, python, and maybe some javascript.

I'd suggest you drop ruby. Others are solid. I'd learn python first just to get some general programming concepts, then I'd focus on JS. Learn angular/react, express, node (all JS), become familiar with MongoDB then start making web apps.
>>
>>76583999
There are no mandatory C++ classes. Almost every class uses Java instead, and those are slowly switching to Python.

The next generation of programmers are a waste. Humanities only hope in advancing computing can only come from the hardware guys now since you can't meme your way out of semiconductor fabrication.
>>
>>76581649
>https://www.linkedin.com/in/megan-rich-4a250b93
>go to her github
>repositories
>portfolio
>EMPTY
>>
>>76580389
There were two grills in my CS class they acted like everyone else, didn't talk at all except to ask an occasional question.
one was fat as fuck the other was qt.

I'm not sure they were any good or even passed, but I assume they did the class was easy as fuck
>>
>>76583999
My school completely dropped C++ because if you didn't know any of it beforehand, you pretty much failed
>>
>>76584257
right :-)
>>
>>76584156
laughter is not an argument, jessica.
>>
>>76580389
>years company starts up
>hires men
>men build a stable system and the company survives
>over time men make small improvements
>system is great
>wymon stronk
>company fires men
>company hires women
>"company is so great women good with tech"
yea ok..
>>
>>76583329

Pls be joking Pls be joking Pls be joking
>>
>>76580592
Fpbp
>>
>>76584239
VLSI and HDL are not even considered parts of CS anymore. It's EE or that new field, computer engineering.
We will eventually make C equivalent be some sort of microcode that is only generated by the CPU and let higher level languages concepts like objects, functions and closures into assembly in some new amd64 instruction extension set.
It's possible and I'm afraid it's the way to go in the future.
>>
File: our reality.gif (2 MB, 400x332) Image search: [Google]
our reality.gif
2 MB, 400x332
>>76584257
>links an empty github

so is she scared of other people viewing her code or is she even more retarded?

>>76584398
It's beyond nightmare mode anon. Pic related.

>>76584505
Honestly I hope CompE really takes off as a separate field. FPGA design is fantastic for IoT. Also, most systems engineers in industry already develop their own higher level language using C or assembly anyways. They are the hope of the future.
>>
>>76584505
tfw EE and took required Digital Logic class during second to last semester and realized it's probably worth learning vhdl/verilog to get fpga jobs but was msotly shit at even the schematic design in Xilinx .__.
>>
>>76584398
I did CS and we did C and assembly, but not a lot of it. Mostly it was Java, so he's not joking.
>>
I haven't had problems with women in CS. The most problems I've had were from transwomen in CS, but there is an intersection of trans and faggot-ass tumblr memettes that happen.
>>
>>76584743
Unless you at least have a masters in EE or CompE, you're not getting anywhere near FPGA design jobs.

Intel realizes that most undergrads blow through VHDL without understanding it, kinda like Simulink in MATLAB.
>>
>>76584743
And fuck machine code. I don't even know how I got passed that part. I never want to count ticks again
>>
>>76584743
I don't think there's any way to be good at that. I had an exam on that stuff earlier today and I have an interview for a major company that expects me to do that stuff for 6 months on an internship.
>>
>>76584505
>>76584713
>tfw joined EE cause i didn't want to be a code monkey
did i fall for the meme?
>>
>>76584885
I haven't had problems either, but all the ones I have worked with are chinese, so...
>>
>>76583329
I think CS is the canary in the cold mine for STEM fields once we start to hear that feminist are building their own programming language because the C family and the rest are white privilege languages is the moment we should burn our colleges and basically either invent traveling to outer space or let the fucking retards take over the STEM fields as they did the soft science fields and basically drive our civilization into oblivion.
>>
>>76584743
I was compE and did mostly hdl in school now I work as an EE doing fpgas/asic...oh and the women are mostly administrative and they're still terrible at their jobs
>>
>>76583548
Don't confuse a complete lack of respect for hatred.
>>
>>76584823
ahahahah
omg
hahaha
if it wasn't already, cs is now officially the major for casuals
>>
File: smugdoka 2.jpg (117 KB, 492x492) Image search: [Google]
smugdoka 2.jpg
117 KB, 492x492
>>76585026
>cold mine
>>
>>76584983
Unless you want to work at the power plant or the patent office for $60k a year, you have to go to grad school.

Or you can get a job in consulting with no hopes of ever climbing the company ladder and topping out at $80k-$90k.
>>
File: jewgle office whore.jpg (18 KB, 203x200) Image search: [Google]
jewgle office whore.jpg
18 KB, 203x200
>>76581649
OFFICE WHORE
F
F
I
C
E

W
H
O
R
E
>>
>>76584743
>>76584906
>>76584966

is it worth it to seriously put effort into learning vhdl/verilog considering I'm an EE who has never had an internship yet and just graduated?

Like, what do I even make with this knowledge to add as "projects" on my resume to get jobs and stuff...
>>
>>76580389
>this is why we need another holocaust.

what, for women? go back to /r9k/ faggot. if women don't respect you it's your fault, no one elses.
>>
>driven
good, I guess, as long as you'll shut the fuck up and work
>dynamic
whatever
>smart
lol, who cares
>woman
you're hired

also
>don't question my competence again
what a fucking cunt
>>
>>76584983
I mean you'll survive the impending dot com bubble working for the power company
>>
>>76582380
>7yr gamedev field survivor

I only see female tech artists learning python, we never even see programmers who have touched c++ beyond 25-30y/o white male backend engineers.

The best you can hope for on a resume is c#, with "project experience"

Women we employ, always, without fail, need a strict task sheet, and oversight. They are incapable of being given an input API, and required output (structs, events, etc).
You pretty much have to give them pseudo-code, that you could flesh out in a damn week, as a month long task.
>>
File: 1462675744304.gif (790 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
1462675744304.gif
790 KB, 250x241
>>76585110
>cold mine
Oh shit... I am ashamed of myself.
>>
>>76585222
>as never had an internship yet and just graduated?
YES, a lot of older systems are being redesigned using fpgas/asics doing all the gruntwork that used to be done by discrete components like op amps, transistors, etc
>>
>>76585292
>don't ever question me or my gender's competence ever again
>>
>>76582380

Started at U of Iowa and CS1 and Data Structures are Python. Transferred to Colorado State and everything is in Java inshallah
>>
>>76580389
>in STEM field
>comprised of about 50% chicks
>program requires an averaged, minimum 3.0 gpa and a peer-reviewed thesis + defense in front of a panel, internship and the awarding of at least one science related grant
>constantly talk to the dudes in my program about the challenges of some of the classes we are required to take
>conversation always ends with a shrug and a 'suck it up faggot, work harder' attitude
>the girls in the program have poor study habits
>always sitting around gossiping
>constantly bitching about how hard everything is
>dress like sluts and sit in the front of the classes, cleavage and tits everywhere, booty shorts, braless, you name it- no shame at all
>always asking dumb or irrelevant questions
>follow up with a giggle and some 'oh yeah, like oh my god' response
>always get prerequisite class over rides from the thirsty professors while the male students must meet the requirements
>these women will graduate and be coddled by the first company they apply for, irrespective of the management being run by a man or a woman
>strong wymen; vote for Bernie
>>
>>76585202
Nobody has ever been quinning her way up the ladder as obviously as this
>>
File: women in tech oppression.png (59 KB, 1354x602) Image search: [Google]
women in tech oppression.png
59 KB, 1354x602
>>76580389
yeah women are basically mildly retarded versions of men
>>
>>76585222
In my class we were basically just given an FPGA training board full of switches and LEDs and stuff, and then told to make stuff.
>>
File: 421.jpg (17 KB, 479x332) Image search: [Google]
421.jpg
17 KB, 479x332
>women suck at STEM, can't get into STEM
>"WAHHHHHHHH THIS IS PATRIARCHY, ALL OF MY FAILURE IS BECAUSE OF MEN"
>women get free rides, diversity hires, and universities basically beg them to major in STEM (because they don't want to be called misogynistic)
>"I never blame others for my failures! All of my success is because of me!"
>>
>>76584983
No, I resisted being a code monkey for a long time as well, but in the end I had to either get into web dev, government job, or just wait. Waiting was out the window because I needed money, and my security clearance came in just as I was finishing my paid bootcamp program.
I thought about it for a little while and decided to stay in enterprise. We'll see where this will end.
>>
>>76585222
Not at all worth it. If you don't have a MS or PhD in EE/CompE no one will hire you for those skills. It's better than nothing and shows that you're capable of doing things other than KVL/KCL but that's kinda it.

Also, if you're having trouble finding jobs, look for quantitative analyst positions instead. I did EE+CS and I ended up crunching numbers for a local real estate development firm. I made $74k a year when I started and now make $88k a year two years in. You'd be surprised how many employers in the financial sector would jizz themselves over hiring an EE. Off the bat, you're more qualified to crunch numbers than any business/econ/math major.
>>
>>76583145

Sadly my experience of CS is that you have to learn yourself. The way CS is taught is a fucking disgrace. I suppose everyone any good in the field fucked off to earn a load of money in tech and only the shit ones stay to teach it.

> But CS isn't programming anon

Just fuck off. No one does CS for any other reason than to work in the sector.
>>
>>76585377
you happen to know of any useful online resources/tools/courses/lessons for adequately learning either language friendo? I'd seriously appreciate it. I did some cursory searches for it and asked a professor but neither yielded obvious results
>>
>>76580389
OP I went for an interview down in philly there was 3 people including myself for a mid level .NET job

You could hear all the question being asked. The first guy went in stammered a bit but knew his shit. The lady went in did not know anything. Blatantly told them she had never worked with any technologies she was using and only had off hand experience as she was a tester prior

At the second round of interviews it was me and her.

I ended up getting the job offer but turning it down. Went in to say hi and pass some contact info for a friend who would be perfect and she's there she got the job.

I just ended up leaving without even seeing anyone.

The female managers I've had needed to be managed as they always made themselves hyper ventilate at any task no matter the difficulty often pinned the work on others.

Hell had one female co-worker who would work late. I'd help her out on occassion. And eventually she got promoted for seeming hard working when in fact she had no idea what she was doing.

Women in CS is like having a fine vase that you use to store coins.

Note: that is on average, the best developer I've met was a woman, hideous truly terrifying but a woman none the less. And she never climbed up the rank despite that.
>>
>>76585430
Let me guess, biology?
>>
>>76585531
And when I say paid, I mean I was paid by my employer to learn web development by doing labs and watching shitloads of pluralsight videos on double speed and anime.
>>
>>76581866
I dropped out of CS and some of my friends went through with it and are currently without jobs.
>>
>>76584239
My school currently offers its main programming sequence in both C++ and Java.
Is Java acceptable, or does anything less than C++ make me a pathetic loser who should stop coding and kill myself?
>>
>>76585586
If I were wanting to get into fpgas, I would just get a dev board of the many xilinx variety and practice building different things on it... i do a lot of timing and logic shit so maybe you can building a vga controller or something to teach the very basics
>>
>>76581872
The reason is outside of intensive work (physics, rendering, OS's) and updating old programs it's really not that necessary, especially when C#/Java/probably python are multi-platform..
>>
>>76585726

Java will get you more work than C++. Not saying it's a better language though.

But don't get hung up on what languages to learn. You're going to have to learn more anyway, and it's mostly easy after your first one.
>>
>>76585487
same here. given a digilant board, the professor had a numbers game ai he made, we had to make our own that would consistently beat his at the game. ours basically did beat his all the time but we didnt stay in the specs kinda and didnt use states properly haha. also we might have done some suspect stuff that might have broken some shit but hey, it looked nice.

>>76585564
I'll look into it anon, thanks for the input. how do you find the work? Is it literally just some really easy number crunching thats just annonying and time consuming (not even talking differential equations level tough, maybe calc stuff at most?)
>>
>>76585564
>EE
Is that a short for Electrical engineering? Also how is that possible that an engineer is more qualified than an econ major to crunch numbers? I mean I always wanted to jump into economics after getting my second engineering degree but I always thought they study way more math than we did, with all the derivates and shit they trade with.
>>
>>76583145
>Typically when I pay to get an education on a given subject I'd expect to not have to teach myself that subject on the side.
CS is a skill and it is changing all of the time. To keep from being obsolete or just out of practice you have to do extra. It's not like other fields.
>>
>>76585920

PHP gives me a $70k remote freelance per year salary living in my city where the cost of living per month is $500.

I laugh at autistic backend devs that look at me with pure rage cause im not learning GO and doing absolutely everything from scratch.
>>
>>76585784
This.
There's also a very cool evaluation board by Actel with their Smartfusion IC, it has both ARM Cortex-M3 core and FPGA for you to poke.

Here is a lab series that hold your hand through essentially entire firmware programming course, while letting you make whatever devices you want in FPGA. Cool part about this is that you 1) Don't have to make your own fucking MCU core in HDL 2) Can use your hardware device as a peripheral for a general purpose controller
https://web.eecs.umich.edu/~prabal/teaching/eecs373-f10/labs/lab1/
>>
>>76580389
I won't lie. My undergrad degree came from a relatively shit-tier school, but I worked my ass off to get it and did a bunch of extramural research and training. I recently signed an offer to go back for a graduate degree at a respectable state school STEM program.

Several non-white women in my program who were also good students, but didn't have nearly as much experience or training as myself, were easily accepting multiple offers from Top 25 schools and were talking about having to choose between 4-5 of them. I was accepted to only the program I am attending and it was really a weird thing to make sense of.

My recommendations were killer and I was even elected as a Phi Beta Kappa member. There is no way somebody can say it wouldn't have made a difference if I didn't have a dick.
>>
>>76585726
Almost every language has its uses, any of the top 5-10 languages are definitely acceptable.
>>
>>76585726
The industry uses Java more than C++ now to accommodate "diversity in the work environment" so you'll probably be fine. C++ is still a necessary language to know for a good programmer, but at least half of all industry jobs will have you using Java.

>>76585952
My job required me to use Excel, but I found it easier using R and Python. It's literally basic fucking statistics/probability theory. You don't even need to understand the math as long as you can use the right functions.

I use some basic calc stuff like accumulating interest but that's basically as hard as it gets.

It was very tedious using Excel, but I get all my work for the day done in like an hour or two using Python and end up watching anime on my phone the rest of the day while I pretend to be busy. It's a pretty good life.
>>
>>76585970
A EE is one class away from a math major at my alma mater
>>
Women in stem is a meme they push really hard because blacks cant make it

The only reason it's really taking off hard in the T part of stem is because programming is retardedly easy
Don't get me wrong it's all over all of stem but none of them are quite as pozzed as computer science
>>
>>76586138
yes the fpgas with arm cores are very cool...ive seen some of my coworkers do some neat shit with it
>>
>>76585970

The hard part of finance (Option/Derivative pricing) isn't covered in undergrad econ. You'd need to either get a PhD in Financial Economics or study for the actuarial exams (Specifically Exam MFE).

Anyone with half a brain can breeze through an econ major and get straight As.
>>
>>76582518

This 100%. The paper is just a certificate saying you can apply yourself over the long term (I guess). The real work that'll build your career is your downtime studying and building things on your own. Build up a portfolio. Technology is a rapidly changing film and it doesn't hurt to communicate that you can keep up with things.
>>
>>76585970
Yes, electrical engineering. The fact that you have to learn PDEs for wave propagation means you know higher level math than every econ major. Also, EE degrees typically require a ton of higher level math courses that are typically tailored to teach you how to apply them. At my university, engineers took a special linear algebra and ODE course for example.

They study way less math than we do. They also don't derive it or anything, they just learn it or take it from regression models.
>>
>>76586289

>they push really hard because blacks cant make it

No... That's not the real reason.
The real reason is because employers want to lower tech salaries.
>>
>>76586229
are you me? i have a very similar job except i do business analytics and i was an applied math major
>>
>>76585338
What's your pay like? I hear game devs are paid fuck all.
>>
>>76581649
>>Google Community Leaders Program

So she works as moderator for a google support messaging board, sounds about right for her "qualification"
>>
>>76586470

The best part is you don't even need much of a portfolio. I've even seen white men easily manage to get work after graduation with just 3-4 projects plus their dissertation.

For the CS unemployment rate to be above 0% there must be a fuck load of people that do no extra work in their 3-4 years of university.
>>
>>76581649
>We need to have women and minorities at google so people don't say we're racist and sexist because we hire people who know how to work
>lets hire women and minorities, call them "Leaders" and give them a job being women and minorities
"We here at Google have many women and minority 'Leaders'."

It's actually brilliant.
>>
>>76586589
I almost went to grad school for mathematical statistics, so maybe we are the same person caught in a time paradox or something.
>>
>>76586555
They dont need women to do that
They have imports

If blacks were 10 IQ starter as a whole they would be the group being pushed hard
Right now the ones that get pushed are Latinos and women

I think you severely underestimate the dynamics of a university and how many people get salty when they're reminded of how white and male stem is
>>
>>76586138
>https://web.eecs.umich.edu/~prabal/teaching/eecs373-f10/labs/lab1/
very handy, thank you very much, I'll look into this anon

>>76586229
haha wow, definitely sounds comfy for you now. may I ask what it is you replaced using python? I've read many testimonies of how engineering people use python to cut down on their work, never read how/in what fashion though.

>>76586370
like what? genuinely curious
>>
>>76584713
>so is she scared of other people viewing her code or is she even more retarded?
She doesn't write code. She makes no programs. She's a "Woman in Tech".
>>
>>76580389
Didn't you hear, OP? Women are coding like nobody's business!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFyd0H0tpes
>>
Any US freelancers here?
I made $65/h Java EE back in germany with 4 years in experience.
Here in the US I only get $50/h offers (RTP), is this normal or are the agencies trying to rip me off?
>>
>>76580389
>"nerdy" girls
I bet she's the kind of dumb cunt that plays League and CoD while putting "IM A GAMERGURL" in her profile
>>
>>76586729
define project please. im a cs student, poor grades, no internships etc. should I just post a bunch of my data structures assignments as "projects"? I'm smart and I can always do the coding but im certainly not interested in this shit outside the classroom, what should I do to build a portfolio? I never know the sorts of things that should go in it, I have millions of little "projects" I could put in, how good does it have to be? What are employers looking for?
>>
File: Windows98FirstEditionCover.jpg (23 KB, 280x280) Image search: [Google]
Windows98FirstEditionCover.jpg
23 KB, 280x280
Should have tried harder. I'm a dumb ass(18 on my act) and a white male. I got an internship doing database shit for 16 dollars an hour. I'm not even a cs major. They only care about GPA and how you present yourself.
>>
>>76583430

You do raise a good point, BUT the recent pool of graduates suck shit. When you consider that maybe 5% of those followed >>76582518 's advice and built a portfolio over their school career, it's not really that hard to stand out among the 95% that barely made it through the course and are now bitching that there are no jobs. Hell, some places a portfolio would go a much farther way than a degree all because these recent graduates can't apply any of their knowledge outside of the classroom.
>>
>>76586881
Basically, I automated data entry and created tools to easily import/export and sort large CSV data.

I also use it to store info using the Zillow API.
>>
>>76586878

Immigration and visas are capped by the government.
Rising demand through population growth negates downward wage pressure from imports.

Wage would significantly go down if 150 million women joined the labor force instead of a few hundred thousand each year.
>>
File: 1443930780798.png (218 KB, 1280x1070) Image search: [Google]
1443930780798.png
218 KB, 1280x1070
>>76585448

>quinning

nice
>>
>>76587061
Im pretty much the same as you but EE. wasn't really interested in doing this shit outside of school and likely outside of a job too...

I've got various labs/assignments/weeks-long class projects as "Projects" on my resume just to show I know some sort of shit
>>
>>76587061
I wouldn't count data structure assignments as projects.

Just fucking make something. Make an iPhone app, write and host a rest API and have your app manipulate a database using it. Boom, your ahead of 80% of candidates.
>>
>>76587061
Was in your same boat last year. Post all your school assignments on github, pickup web development or something. Build a web app, get people to use it and you're golden
>>
>>76587336

>Boom, your ahead of 80% of candidates.

And the other 20% of candidates has your qualifications and is willing to work for minimum wage.

You gotta be more competitive than that. Anything about minimum wage is murder to CEOs.
>>
>>76585430
I'm so glad I'm done with undergrad.

Would you be surprised this shit happens post-grad too though? Women have no shame.
>>
>>76587457
Pajeets can't get jobs for government or government contractors. More to the DC area. Tons of jobs for programmers who are able to get a security clearance. Also, you will probably never get fired from a government job either.
>>
man I wish I did CS.
Med school was a fucking mistake.
No joke.
>>
>>76581139
>will soon find that women are creating feminist compilers or some shit because C/C+/C++/Whatever is misogynistic or some shit.
That already sorta exists. People didn't know it was a joke at first and praised it as the best thing to ever happen in tech.
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/events/c-plus-equality-c?full=1
>>
>>76587457

Hey he wanted a start, that's a start. He does what I said he'll get an entry level job. Obviously he should do more, a lot more, but it's infinitely better than just doing what's required by his school.
>>
>>76586949
WE
>>
File: 1462998003712.jpg (21 KB, 413x384) Image search: [Google]
1462998003712.jpg
21 KB, 413x384
>>76587585
Why m8? I was thinking or doing Urology.
>>
>>76580389
>>
>>76587172
translation: he made a babby csv reader using python.
>>
>>76587566

Governments will always prefer a "hooked" candidate to a "normal" person.

If you say you're a black person, you'll get a job offer. Interview is just a formality.

If you say you're gay, you'll get that interview.

If you say you're a gay, lesbian black Muslim transexual, the directors will come flying to your house in a $500,000 helicopter and personally offer to suck your dick and join ISIS if you accept their $200k+ starting salary offer.

Sorry, white boys. You guys are at the bottom of the totem pole.
>>
File: 1447101552381.jpg (32 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1447101552381.jpg
32 KB, 600x450
>>76587585
why? I saw some panels at phoenix comic con about genetic engineering/biotechnology and it made me want to do it.

Whats wrong with medical?
>>
File: tumblr_ngz5jcsstw1ryw9fko1_500.jpg (35 KB, 500x486) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ngz5jcsstw1ryw9fko1_500.jpg
35 KB, 500x486
>>76587566

tfw you can't get a clearance because of all the drugs
>>
>>76581872
Why are they pushing Python over C++?

I know nothing about this stuff or even what those are.
>>
All you faggots are talking about CS like it's just some Bootcamp where all you learn is a language.

You guys still take all the Calcs/Discrete Structures/Statistics courses right? Because that's what CS is traditionally, and that's a good investment as far as degrees go.
>>
>>76587172
cool, definitely makes sense to do that.

>>76587762
hey, nothing wrong with that if you cut down the amount of work you have to do and get paid for the same hours comfortably anyway. I'd love to have that opportunity
>>
>>76587840
Because Python is a meme language and C++ is powerful as fuck but considered hard to use.
>>
>>76587838
There's plenty of government jobs that don't require clearances, don't worry.
>>
>>76587887
That's what I'm goin' for next semester senpai.
Nervous as fuck.
>>
File: 1352109265025.png (152 KB, 830x844) Image search: [Google]
1352109265025.png
152 KB, 830x844
>>76580389
>another holocaust.
>another
>>
>>76580389

A year ago I was completely OK with women in technology. I'd even taught a class in partnership with Women Who Code to help women get into the field.

Last June we hired our first cunt on the team. She isn't stupid or unproductive but she literally fucks up the entire dynamic. She demands a massive amount of political correctness and 'just wants to be treated equal' but nags and nags and cries when she doesn't get her way.

Females really have no business in the workforce, they're just not team players. I think they're good at working in an organizational capacity as a sort of assistant to the men, perhaps.
>>
>>76587762
Pretty much.

Very little effort from my part for a very comfy job.

>>76587816
A lot of black people get into CS/engineering, very few make it out. Those that do are typically African and can't get security clearance anyways.

I live in the DMV and all of my coworkers are white.

At some of the other jobs/internships I had that were more CS related, everyone was either white or yellow, with the occasional Pajeet that was born here on American soil.
>>
>>76586881
like running computer programs on their fpga package using an operating system programmed into the arm core..having an operating system alongside your magic fabric gives you a lot of power.

One other thing, someone above said it... I would fill my resume with relevant projects concerning whatever field you're hoping to work in.
>>
>>76587840
Because it's harder to fuck up in python than C++.
>>
Back-End Web Dev here.

I've only been in the industry for 3 years, but I can say for a fact that women coders can be every bit as competent as men.

They just usually aren't. I've worked with one woman who I thought was competent. The other 3 needed to be babysat, barely got anything done, and most of what they did get working had to be heavily refactored.
>>
>>76587942
Even had an offer to make nukes. Guess I'll just take some more shrooms in the Netherlands again this summer
>>
>>76580389
lol

>Complain about discrimination cus muh vagina
Didn't even write working code resulting in low grade.

>Someone strongly implies the only reason she has a job is cause of her vagina

ERMAGERD YOUR SUCH AN IDIOT IT'S CUS IM COMPETENT AND SMART THERE'S NO WAY IT'S BECAUSE OF MY VAGINA IN ANY WAY!
>>
>>76587840
Because the current generation of programmers has no fucking idea how to use a pointer.
>>
>>76588118
Have you tried not being a drug addict?
>>
One of my partners in AI couldn't figure out how to use git and then admitted to not knowing C++

this was senior year
At a college that teaches C++ first

She got 3 internships and an offer from Microsoft.

She successfully satisfied her mentors etc. for 3 internships while not knowing how to code

My school has 4x the internship placement rate for women. It's literally measurable
>>
>>76586994

50 an hour is normal for CS/EE work. That's basically what I make after only working for 3 years.
>>
>>76588042

>I live in the DMV and all of my coworkers are white.

That's because most black people don't apply for jobs.

If your Liberal boss was looking at your resume and a black former gang-banger high school drop-out for a programming position, he would offer to suck the black guy's dick, offer his own wife, and promise to join ISIS and commit Jihadi if it meant the black guy joined and started at $300k.
That's just reality.
>>
>>76588042
>I live in the DMV
wat

>>76588080
gotcha, cool, thank you for for elaborating.
tfw my go-to line is I'm like a "kid in a candy store" because I dont know wtf I want to do with this EE degree.
>>
>>76581139
>feminist compilers
HOLY KEK.

while(weight > 130 || beautyFactor < 6)
{
Wommyn.isFeminist = true;
}
>>
>>76584398
Why is this bad?
>>
>>76580389
The hate that began this cycle isn't women in STEM's hate for STEM, or even their hate for men in STEM, but from the hatred of people with nothing to do with STEM who only notice the obvious stereotypes from STEM and are absolutely repulsed by what they see.

White male oppression in STEM is bigoted, prejudiced and systematic. It comes from a place of ignorant and hatred for the lesser. And no, two wrongs don't ever make a right.
>>
>>76586229
Fintech/Finance?

if so, that industry is dead its all hardcore PC/femm shit. After the crisis it went into full PC mode
>>
>>76587566

I'm in the DMV too but govt jobs tend to be really dead end. I've heard stories from friends saying they had to print out stackoverflow to take into their labs because their computers at work can't connect to the internet for security reasons.
>>
>>76583498
You're either an underage shit poster, a poorfag who projects harder than those white supremacists who post all the cuck porn, or you've inherited a lot of daddy's wealth and are detached from the real world. Either way, you don't belong here.
>>
File: Jerry_Seinfeld.jpg (22 KB, 358x447) Image search: [Google]
Jerry_Seinfeld.jpg
22 KB, 358x447
>>76580389
>Doesn't blame others for her failures
But when it's convenient to blame to white-conservative patriarchy that gets in her way.
>>
>>76584713

Comp engineering can set you up for FPGA design, but you need to take every class you can that deals with Verilog/VHDL.
>>
>>76588269

>She got 3 internships and an offer from Microsoft.

It's called being of value in other ways than just STEM.

Tech companies hire only the smartest men in the world. The women are only hired to sleep with the men so the men can be more productive.
It's a defacto prostitution position.

I'm sorry you're not smart enough to join the most elite men.
>>
>>76581872
Hue, schools around me are pushing Python over Excel to teach kids physics.
>>
>>76588346
This code is spot on. Feminists get uglier and uglier, therefore they become stuck in this loop and get nothing else done.
>>
>>76588109
So.....they've watered down an entire engineering field because of vagina?
>>
File: 1445650546483.png (174 KB, 343x341) Image search: [Google]
1445650546483.png
174 KB, 343x341
>>76588260
Whats the point when there's a big enough private sector demand?
>>
>>76588393
you dont learn "real" (kinda no true scotsman, but really for CS and stuff like this it seriously matters) CS/programming. You don't really get an understanding of how the shit you write up actually does the things it does. It abstracts you from what's happening. Granted if the whole industry goes this way and programming in general becomes easier as a result, it could be a good thing in the long run because of better access to people who can do the work. but it remains to be seen.
>>
>>76581139
>soon find that women are creating feminist compilers

Creating a compiler is relatively complicated. Given that your average bitch has trouble with the basics of object orientation, I don't think women are smart enough to pull this off.

Of course, I guess that's true of most fields - but the way they get around it is to have some beta guy(s) take care of the problem for them.
>>
>>76583145
It's a lot like studying music at a conservatory, which is where i spent my first four years of school before pursuing law.
>Yes, High GPA and a Great LSAT score will get you in.
They teach you the theory, they give you the literature and the ensemble rehearsals, but you have to put in the practice, you have to find your playing opportunities outside of school rehearsal, and you have to teach yourself all the little practical things that don't fall into a class, like, ductile and a flashlight will save your ass, even if you're playing chamber music at a wedding.
>>
>>76588193
i don't need to use pointers, python handles it all for me! Who cares about memory management or threading if it just handles it all for me duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
>>
This board and all the people on it disgusts me. Do you realize the kind of damage this kind of critizism does to a young woman's mind? The patriachy uses mahogany to keep the women of this world from reaching there full potential
>>
>>76588284
That applies mostly to clerical jobs. Technical supervisors and employers for the most part just want to get the job done. Feminism can't invade fields that require the individual to perform.

>>76588312
DC
Maryland
Virginia

>>76588426
The job title itself is literally financial analyst. Not really fintech, I just like to make time to watch LoveLab at work.

>>76588435
It honestly depends. If you work for the "DoD" (which is what anyone working at the NSA will say) shit is pretty comfy.

If you work at DARPA or the CIA I can imagine things will get pretty ridiculous.

>>76588808
The sad fucking part is that the guys creating the hardware are busting their balls with nanotech to improve lithographic methods. They're off making fucking ALD machines and on the software side shit is getting more and more dumbed down.
>>
File: 1422888807281.jpg (115 KB, 858x720) Image search: [Google]
1422888807281.jpg
115 KB, 858x720
>>76585475

No way this is real. Please tell me this isn't real.
>>
>>76588843
I hope she sees this and kills herself desu
>>
>>76588808
you forgot to mention that computers get faster all the time so who cares if programs get slower. :^)
>>
>>76587835
>>76587677
I've lost my interest in it.
I'm dead fucking tired and showing signs of depression, and still got a shit ton of time left before I'm an MD.
If your interested in it continue, I'm just voicing my frustration at myself.
>>
>>76588808
JUST
>>
>>76588798
>ductile and a flashlight will save your ass
wat. you have a story behind this haha?
>>
>>76584438
Fuck off.
>>
>>76588843
Goddamn mahogany gets em everytime. It's the most power tool in the patriarchies arsenal for oppressing womynz
>>
>>76588914
ya excel is the corner stone of finance, our tech guys were forced to use/know it because FO/MO was retarded., and this was a T1 IB.

Issue was feminisum invaded that place, when i first started working there noticed a lot of the senior management was females, and they kept complaining that they needed more diversity and more females. it was a mess. Long story short got laid of 3 months ago, 5 months after getting a retarded feminist boss who flat out told me and my analyst that she hates men and that they are all retarded..
>>
If only there were more women, who'd be willing to admit, that they're not that good at stem subjects compared to men, we wouldn't have all that crying sexism and misogyny stuff.

I mean, I have no problem accepting when I'm shit at something. How hard can being objective instead of straight up narcisstic be , when it comes to ones own skills.
>>
File: 20151011_163235.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
20151011_163235.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
>>76588393

C++ is a powerful language that gives the user great control over his program and what it does. Not only that but Python is emulated. Basically performance is a huge issue with Python especially with larger projects.

I'm not even a CS major. I majored in ME, but I use C++ for home automation projects.
>>
File: 1463201376465.jpg (232 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
1463201376465.jpg
232 KB, 1200x1600
>>76589003
St. John's Wort is getting me through my Master's homie.

Try to tough it out. Good luck.
>>
File: jesus christ how horrifying.jpg (60 KB, 550x366) Image search: [Google]
jesus christ how horrifying.jpg
60 KB, 550x366
>>76589505
That sounds awful. Luckily at my place most of the bosses are fine. Even the female managers are very pragmatic and rational beings and I'm assuming that's because they're all at least 50.

I hope things get better for you anon.
>>
>>76586881
Python is being used a lot by Raspberry Pi and other development boards users
>>
>>76590182
I thought raspberry pi used C.
>>
>woman
>doesn't blame others for her own failures or shortcomings

c'mon now...
>>
>>76590079
Ya thanks, like it was crazy. My group had several teams that were all females, and the group/department is like we need more diversity. Freaking boss was open minded and replaced with butt buddy of the new global head for the group.
Any hows new boss fucked up couple times and i told her like your doing wrong xyz etc. Basically found out I didnt know shit according to her (despite being hte sme and tech always reaching out to me first then her). Moral of the story thats really fucked up, no one knew i was on the list and HR said role was cut while mgt said it was poor performance (despite bigger bonus etc)

Now i got couple final rounds at some energy companies and banks while im working on my start up.

Thanks anon, just needed to rant.
>>
>>76590182

Arduino uses C++. I haven't touched Pi because it uses Python and because they're relatively expensive.
>>
>>76590079
Glad to hear your firm is like that = ), gl man. Btw your at a bank or buy side?
>>
>>76588617
no. devs like to cry about python because you don't have to reinvent the wheel every 5 seconds. they like to feel superior to others because they know the 50 nuanced rules of type conversion in C++, and you don't need to know that.
When you just need something done quick and dirty you can save 75% of the development time using Python. the cost is a slower program, but for plenty of applications that doesn't matter.
>>
>>76589112
Should say duct tape, my bad, but yes. We get to the wedding, it's at this old cathedral that had been renovated. It had a pit, like a musical pit, in the center, that could be opened for a choir or a small chamber group.
The thing was, there were no lights in this pit, because I guess cracking that bitch open to run wires was too complex/expensive.
Anytime someone has to so much as pick a wedgie, we pulled out that light, to see where cases, chairs, miss, and other paraphernalia were located. I decide I can't shift around at the break with no light, slip, and put the corner of a chair through the back of my bass.
I don't know if you've ever heard duct tape and wood splinters rattle on an upright before, but it's not a great sound for a wedding.
>>
>>76590536
okay haha, duct tape is more reasonable than ductile
>>
>>76590346
I'm pretty sure the Pi uses Python. Are you confusing it with the Arduino?

>>76590506
Not at a bank, at a real estate firm. We work closely with some lenders but the work I do specifically just revolves around property values and telling my boss whether or not specific projects are going to be worth the investment based on market trends.
>>
>>76590502
Well.. Let's say development boards with linux on them.

>>76590346
C is one of the main languages too.
Python IDE even included in Raspbian by default, its pretty popular
>>
>>76580389
Why are you blaming her and not the pathetic beta cucks who give her all this undeserved credit and hire her?

Freeloaders are all around, if you give them what they want without earning it what did you expect? She's just being a shameless women, no values and no honour. But that's a man's job, women don't understand honour.

Blame the cucks not the freeloader. She played them all. And so are all the other women.
>>
>>76590524
ive only seen devs dislike python (and similar languages) for those cases where it does matter.

personally, running simple programs using as much CPU and memory as it possibly can is incredibly annoying.
>>
>>76590922
pretty cool anon, thats totally a financial analyst job.

Would advise to stay away from the big banks, its too regulated. Asset management is the way to go if you want to go to the street
>>
>>76590922
* its an interesting job, realized I might sound like a douche >.>
>>
>>76591340
It's pretty boring desu, but the bills aren't gonna pay themselves.

Also what do you mean by the big banks being too regulated? We do a lot of business with Wells Fargo so just curious.
>>
>>76591602
ya, bills and debt is what drives the world.

Basically banking as a whole is really regulated, from the retail/commercial side to the invest banking/ trading side (where I spent most of my time in).

Retail banking is traditionally not the most profitable aspect of the bank, as the margins are low and theres high competition. Same goes with most commercial operations (theres some exceptions).

Both are needed, because those customers store their money, which helps with the banks CCAR and capital requirements.
More deposited money, more loans the bank can give out, before they were able to trade (they cannot now because of volker).
Will get to the regulations in a second, but lets talk about the bigger margins.

Most of the money at a bank is generated by institutional clients (very large companies, think AMEX, VISA, GE, Pension Funds, Insurance companies).
These firms have a lot of capital and a lot of unique needs such as transferring Euro to USD vice versa, complex hedging of foreign or cash assets/investments etc, buying out competitors etc.
All of these types of transactions are very complex (buy outs, hedging etc) or they do a lot of volume (FX transactions etc). Because they are complex and banks make the most profit from these transactions. Plus pre doddfrank, banks were able to use their own funds to trade for speculation, which also increased their profits
>>
>>76588843
You see this desk? Its made from Mahogany!
Mahogany.
>>
http://stemtosteam.org/
U wot m9
>>
There was this neckbeard Indian guy who was a software architect technophile (he was born and raised in Xheattle, not India), and he worked at my friend's office.
Apparently he got laid off because he made too many sexist remarks that basically called out women in the workplace slacking off too much
>>
All women need to be rounded up and exterminated, my mom included
>>
Who is more right, /pol/ or Brian Kernighan?
>>
>>76591602
>>76592723
Part 2
Pretty much large firms is what drove profits. But the real cash cows were the pension funds, teachers unions and insurance companies, because all they had was large amounts of cash and they needed it in the very far future.
What kills me is that everyone thinks banks are evil because they caused the crisis by serving their wealthy clients, but in reality majority of the risky products were sold to the high cash institutions mentioned above.
As stated, they had high cash and a predictable amount of expenses and cash coming in, and use the cash for something so they deal a lot with speculation and investing. Why not, they have low expenses and why not make some extra money for them and hit their clients obligations (cases such as mutual funds where the funds have to hit a certain benchmark) They would either buy asset management products, but they also would buy risky stuff such as MBS, FX swaps etc, all these products were complex and off market meaning they were all unique deals. Which was amazing for the banks as they made killer margins on those.

Regulations:
World exploded because of the systemic risk that occurred and these OTC products didnt go through any clearing house etc.
So banks now cannot trade for them self's, have to have more cash in reserves. This caused a lot of the banks to sell of their derivative business, especially commodities to investment frims/houses such as Bungee, Black Rock etc.
banks now have to report more and more of their trades which increases expenses etc, while investment funds/houses took over their old business, and book the trades through the bank and the bank is responsible for a lot of the regulatory reporting and may get fined.
And banks have to do money laundering compliance for every trade/client.
>>
>>76580389
Just like any affirmative action practice, it hurts the real driven ones.

My gf has her B.S. in chem. She actually helped me in our advanced o-chem class. She knows her shit, as do her other female friends, which are also in STEM. She has like 3 friends. All the other women in her major are retarded and literally suck dick for grades (one girl fucked some guy for homework help and answers to previous midterms.)

It sucks because now she's lumped in with all the other grrrrls in STEM. It hurts the people that actually try.

It's why I check "white" when I fill out the forms, despite being Mexican. I'm not a fucking token, and I don't need to be pandered to. It's frustrating because I know she has experienced what I have. People think she just got it for being a woman, which isn't true.
>>
>>76588193
Oh, hi there, Joel Spolsky.
>>
>>76591602
>>76593670
Part 3, last one

Short story is this, banks are soo regulated now they have to bare a lot of the risk and cost of trading and reporting for clients. Margins are very tight now because of the capital requirements, high amount of competition between banks and investment houses, slow down in trading businesses, and an increase in compliance costs.

Banks are becoming more of asset managers/utilities now than anything else.
A lot of the old timers are complaining that its too PC, and not as fun, which is true. But its a good stepping stone to being exposed to a lot of products and smart people (depending on the firm)
>>
>Be in Petroleum Engineering, supposedly highest paying undergrad degree (not the point)
>Department is #1, during orientation lauds diversity
>Of 90 students, 42 were female
>Fast forward a year, only 37 were female
>By graduation only 30 women remained, only one was white
This is why women complain about a wage gap. It really pisses me off that for men they took roughly 1/16 of those who applied but for women they took like 1/4 who applied.
>>
>>76594069
Its this whole everyone is special snowflake and equal...

If we are equal then why are some people stronger, some people are smarter etc.

Equality only happens when the less equal person works harder/puts more effort in.
>>
>>76581139
That was a joke compiler you doof

Anyway CS is shit tier. CE masterrace.
>>
>>76588042
People not from the DMV don't call it the DMV.
>>
>>76581872
Yeah, it's because Python gives for teaching CS concepts without getting too tangled up in implementation detail.

You can learn C++ any time when you know Python isn't gonna scratch it. That's the best motivation to learn.
>>
>>76590475
What IB did you work at?

I talk to some guys in Merill and Morgan Stanley. Never heard of anything like that.
>>
>>76594901
GS
>>
>>76595012
No fucking way, m8. If you're serious, would you mind giving a /pol/ack some advice on a throwaway email? I'm a finance major graduating in a year or so.
>>
>>76595136
Sure, dont mind, whats your throw away mail.

Only advise is avoid that place, their name is slowly being tarnished. But if you do go there, watch out there is a lot of in fighting right now because of the heavily compressed margins. Also depends if your FO, MO, FICC etc
>>
>>76595290
[email protected]
>>
>>76594865
Maybe, but honestly C/C++ isn't too difficult to learn when all you need is basic branching/loops/functions. Typing is a really important concept, and Python doesn't clearly highlight it, and I'd argue it's the same for memory management and pointers. These are all concepts you're going to need to be aware of from the beginning if you're going to do anything serious, even if your preferred language is going to handle these things for you.

I understand that a lot of the "boiler plate" in C/C++ might be scary to newcomers, but if you can't surmount it you really have no future i n programming. For basic stuff like "program a console based calculator", C/C++ isn't that daunting.
>>
File: SadPepe.jpg (28 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
SadPepe.jpg
28 KB, 640x360
I had to take a required programming class in college and most of the students who got an A were girls. They never acted stupid or tried to get someone to do the work for them either. This wasn't even their intended majors so I was kinda surprised how well put they all were. It pains me to see this though, knowing there are actual *average* women who can understand CS as opposed to the feminazis, "look at me", attention whores who have no idea what they're doing.
>>
>>76595438
ty, just emailed you
>>
>>76595797
Replied. Going to get back to studying. Thanks for the help.
>>
>Came into thread looking for those "kode with karly" pics
>they're nowhere to be seen
You've let me down /pol/
>>
File: 1459205064493.jpg (53 KB, 599x599) Image search: [Google]
1459205064493.jpg
53 KB, 599x599
>>76595795
>tfw had programming classes with a horrible looking tranny
>tfw it did nothing but play some shitty block ecosystem game all day every day during lectures
>tfw it always tried to be the center of attention
That was the closest thing that we had to a girl in most of my programming classes. These days there are 3 girls in my classes, all normal non-sluts. Only one is less than decent when it comes to the material.
>one is 8/10
>is actually good
>it's like seeing a fucking unicorn to me
>>
>>76583430
>nuclear engineering
Why is it low?
>>
>>76596674

Tranny's are all fucking egotistical fuck wads, my GF dated a guy who changed over and let me tell you if this fucking mutation isn't simply the most hypocritical piece of human garbage I've ever met. Literally, the fucking thing treats me like shit everytime I talk to it, like I fucking abuse it or something.

I'm a tolerant guy, but sometimes the fucking mentally disabled being that it is tries to push my fucking buttons, I swear.

All it does is act like its the fucking god almighty when it comes to computers, and if you don't know exactly how your fucking rig works apparently your stupid, and it doesn't talk to stupid people.

>tfw sometimes wanna channel my inner nazi and do the world a favor.
>>
>>76581289
>TFW male history teacher and the tables have turned in my favor.

Women flood the teaching market so men are the diverse minority.
>>
>>76597213
>my GF dated a guy who changed over

Wait, what?
>>
File: 1458713356227.png (62 KB, 194x168) Image search: [Google]
1458713356227.png
62 KB, 194x168
>>76597213
>I'm a tolerant guy, but sometimes the fucking mentally disabled being that it is tries to push my fucking buttons, I swear.
I hear ya there.
>mfw several nu-males did nothing but browse brony shit on reddit during every lecture
Shit was funny though once people started failing because they couldn't copy-paste teacher examples anymore.
>>
>>76590524
>50 nuanced rules of type conversion in C++
that is hyperbole if not outright crap
>>
>>76594628

You failed to respond to most of my arguments.

Namely:
1) The top 20% of men are not always available when and where a woman wants to have casual sex. So they choose alternatives.
2) They do not all have the qualities that the top 20% of men would accept. So they are forced to choose alternatives.
3) Your argument is "girls only fuck the top 20%". I am not sure if you know what the word "only" means. A single example disproves your argument. However, I said that all of my jobless friends who are definitely in the bottom 20% have had casual sex. Even a guy we nicknamed Catfish because his face was seriously fucked up, he got laid. Any one example disproves your point, but I have hundreds.

I will also deconstruct some of your childish arguments.

First, the notion of the top 20%. Just what is the top 20%? Do you mean of income earners? Do you mean looks? Do you mean charisma? Or do you just have some aggregate score that is "the top 20%"? Is it some number that we all can know or do women use their super secret decoder rings to find it out before fucking.

Then even the concept of a top 20% hints at the existence of a top 30% and a top 40% and so on. Why are you insisting that there is some cut-off point beyond consideration? Do you only buy the top 20% of clothing? Listen to the top 20% of music? It's absurd.

As for liberalism, that you even associate it with the progressive movement speaks volumes about your education.
>>
>>76587840
The real answer is because universities teach the tool not a language. For programming python is simple enough to teach but powerful enough for complex problems like the napsack problem / classes and most programming concepts.

Any uni worth their weight will offer an EE tier programming course with languages like c/c++
>>
File: 1442636994487.jpg (98 KB, 960x638) Image search: [Google]
1442636994487.jpg
98 KB, 960x638
Bamp.
>>
File: palpatine.jpg (16 KB, 494x358) Image search: [Google]
palpatine.jpg
16 KB, 494x358
>>76597970
>>
>>76583432
What I'm going into Computer Engineering?
>>
File: vomiting.gif (3 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
vomiting.gif
3 MB, 480x270
>>76598719
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.