[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was Han China stronger than the Roman Empire ? Some leftists
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 249
Thread images: 29
File: East-Hem_100ad.jpg (936 KB, 3240x1903) Image search: [Google]
East-Hem_100ad.jpg
936 KB, 3240x1903
Was Han China stronger than the Roman Empire ?

Some leftists say Han China was more relevant than the Roman Empire.
>>
>>76499788
Han China was probably more relevant to the Chinese and other Asian nations than the Roman Empire. As for which was stronger, well that's hard to say.
>>
>>76499788
No. how can china even compete?
>>
>china
>relevant outside of its own borders as anything more than a trade partner
>ever
>>
Roman empire was stronger, it had more disciplined troops and superior leadership
>>
>>76499788
nah
>>
File: 1387692701212.jpg (547 KB, 1200x967) Image search: [Google]
1387692701212.jpg
547 KB, 1200x967
NOT EVEN CLOSE BABY
>>
Pax Romana. Not Pax...Sinoa? I don't know.
>>
Well one of the civilisations today ain't being conquered by shitskins or being destroyed my multiculturalism

Although both of them are inhabited by tanned skin manlets
>>
>>76500387
>>76500422
You're fucking retarded
>>
There were probably some areas in which the Romans were superior, but in terms of manpower and nominal GDP, the Chinese were probably stronger.
>>
>>76499788
>han china
meh. cultural and technological stagnation while the west steamed ahead

the mongols however, that's the asian culture that could arguably be said to be more relevant than the roman empire
>>
>>76500387
>>76500422
Okay, while the west shot ahead in terms of technology during the later middle ages and early modern period, this map seems to be entirely ignoring all contributions from the east during their history, and equating modern periods of poor .

I mean, the Chinese invented the Blast furnace in the 1st century ad, gunpowder, paper, printing, the wheelbarrow, boat rudder, compass, and others. There were plenty of eastern mathematicians during the middle and dark ages, I mean, the idea of there being a 0 arose in India, while the Arabs and developed algebra as a separate pursuit. The base 10 system, and decimal system, and numerical system we use today came from India and the Middle East. The cradles of civilization were in Mesopotamia, Egypt, Persia, along the Indus river, and in China. These places all have ancient history, and a lot of it was probably destroyed during the invasions of Mongol, Timur, and other later conquerors.

Sure, maybe western innovation, especially today, has shot ahead of that from other cultures, but you can't just ignore the fact when it doesn't suit you.

This board may be about being politically incorrect, but that doesn't excuse you from being factually incorrect.
>>
>>76499788
> lefties
> more like chinks

I doubt so, in the end a consecuense of the Roman empire was the western powers which conquered basically everything

The chinks almost got into the industrial age 3 or 4 times (almost a thousand years earlier), but got fucked everytime before doing it

The chinese history is more alike that dreamworld of the fiction stories with elfs and shit (more enjoyable to study), but also isolated
>>
>>76499788
>Was Han China stronger than the Roman Empire ?
I don't know and it doesn't matter
>Some leftists say Han China was more relevant than the Roman Empire.
Absolutely not, Roman stuff and stuff stolen by Romans are much more relevant than whatever chink invention from Han China
>>
>>76500906
More relevant to the world, but not more relevant to Europe. We owe so much of what we have to the Romans, whereas much of Europe wasn't directly touched in such a way by the Mongols.
>>
File: 88 fingers.jpg (94 KB, 603x667) Image search: [Google]
88 fingers.jpg
94 KB, 603x667
>>76501023
Actually, how much was history changed simply by the Mongol invasions?

I can think of Baghdad, one of, if not the greatest cultural and scientific cites of that era, when it was sacked by the Mongols. That city was rekt so bad it still hasn't fully recovered 800+ years later.
>>
>>76499788
Relevant?
Nope
>>
>>76501218
some think that without the mongol invasion of the middle east, the muslim conquest of Europa would have been unstoppable
>>
>>76499788

This thread belongs in /his/ not fucking /pol/
>>
>>76501135
you're right of course, the romans and the mongols were important in their respective spheres of the world. I brought them up more because the mongols are more or less the only ancient Asian culture that had an empire on the ridiculously powerful/large level/expansive/encompassing level as the romans. the han chinese more kept to their own area from what I remember about them

although, you could say the Mongols were pretty relevant to Europe. they BTFO Rus and started to invade Poland a little bit. or something like that, not really an expert on that, I just know the bare basics
>>
>>76501218
Yes, the Mongols were one of the most destructive forces in history. They paved the way for many things to happen. Whether their direct influence was overall destructive or constructive is difficult to decide. Among other things, I believe they allowed the rise of the Ottomans, Muscovy, sped up the spread of the bubonic plague, brought knowledge and trade from China, and ended up creating the conditions that caused a revolt in China, leading to them becoming very backwards and isolationist.
>>
>>76501427

Yes, but not as relevant to Europe as the Romans.
>>
>>76501023
Too bad the same people burned down the Library of Alexandria
>>
>>76499788
The legacy of Rome is seen everywhere in western culture. The Roman Empire was the beginning of European hegemony. The Chinks have never cared about anything but themselves. Their dynasties came and went, but made no real impact on the rest of the world.

Rome during its zenith controlled over 20% of the world's population, which was around 60 million people. They invented shit that took us over a thousand years to rediscover. Like Roman concrete and the Lycurgus Cup (literally nanotechnology).

As for power, it depends on what kind. Military wise? China was pretty big on cavalry and massed arrow volleys, while they focused less on the infantry. The opposite with Rome.
>>
>>76501366
>euhrgh i cant believe they're breaking da rules and not talking about politics
fuck off autist, its an interesting thread

>>76501218
ancient russia was invaded by the mongols, they also started to invade hungary/poland too I think.

its fucking hilarious becuase the Mongol empire changed the world, now Mongolia is one of the most pitiful backwater countries ever
>>
>>76501427
they subjugated Russia and started invading central-eastern Europe (mostly Hungary, they were more relevant than Poland back then I think) but internal problems stopped them from fucking shit up in EE as much as they did in muslim world
>>
>>76501475

Pretty sure that was Byzantine Christian Iconoclasts, not Arabs. Also, it had been burned down at least once before that, during a siege by Julius Caesar. A tragedy to be sure, as who knows how much knowledge of the ancient world was lost in one fell swoop?

Anyway, it wasn't an irrecoverable loss to human knowledge and learning.
>>
>>76501474
of course famalampai
>>
>>76501611
Do you think they would have any chance in mountanious countries like the alps, Norway, Spain...?
>>
>>76501606
All great powers rise and fall. Not really a funny thing. One day, the US, Russia, and Europe might be backwater shitholes compared to Mongolia and the East. I mean, compare countries like France, Germany and the UK to what they once were.

As Carthage fell, Rome too fell. As the Seleucids fell, so too did the Parthians, and then the Arabs fell to the Mongols, and then the Mongols fell to themselves, and the various nations they had conquered, and Europeans.
>>
>>76501801
That's why our leaders are fanatically obsessed with GDP, nigga. As much as we perceive ourselves to be in decline, the West still controls like half the world's wealth
>>
>>76501790
I don't know, probably yes altough I wouldn't expect them to care about Scandinavia. Persia has a lot of mountains and it didn't stop the Mongols.
>>
>>76499788
Where did China go wrong
>>
>>76502049
the problem is gdp is only one aspect of a successful civilization and if you sacrifice every other aspect you wont have the basis in place that allowed you to get such high gdp in the first place. its like building a tower higher and higher while the bottom levels rot and degrade
>>
>>76502116
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongol_invasion_of_China

the destroyers of civilization my friend
>>
>>76499788
top retardation
the roman empire influenced the people which would later set out and conquer the whole world.
the han empire influenced the gooks that make our electronics
>>
>>76502090
Another thing to consider is the large number of superior military fortifications, and what seemed to be a relatively high level of militarism in Europe at the time due to warring feudal states.

Also moisture may have affected the Mongol bows, making them useless.
>>
>>76502239
mfw we had defeated Mongols.
>>
>>76499788
They dindu jackshit relative to Europe.
Anything they discovered (blackpowder, guns, paper), we mastered and made it much much better.
The "lol dude whites weren't even that significant :D:DDD" is just a meme.
Pretty easy to disprove.

See:
>>76500387
>>76500422

>>76501023
>le Dark Ages + Islamic Golden Age meme
Go back you faggot
>>
>>76502457
>defeated by moisture
still not as embarrasing as the emus though
>>
>>76502477
where is your face

poo
>>
>>76502477
now you need to defeat the kebabs
>>
>>76502296
Well we stopped the Alexander from reaching China.
>>
>>76502529
Why do you ask?

>>76502555
We already are #1 Kebab remover.
>>
>>76501218
>can think of Baghdad, one of, if not the greatest cultural and scientific cites of that era, when it was sacked by the Mongols. That city was rekt so bad it still hasn't fully recovered 800+ years later.
Hello John Greene, how's your wife's date going with Jamal?
Pretty strange that a city and a culture that was "the greatest cultural and scientific cities of an era" could not recover in 800, that is, EIGHT HUNDRED years. Hmmm... really makes you think
>>
>>76502624
mfws without faces trigger me
>>
>>76502639
thats because the quality of a society is defined by its ethnic make up
>>
>>76502624
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_India

kicking 14% of population = more toilets per capita

you know what to do friend
>>
>>76502736
I think somebody broke you Poland, because you are not making any sense.
>>
>>76502835
lurk moar

>>76502744
this
>>
>>76502835
Shit-posting etiquette requires that you post a face when you write "mfw"
>>
>>76502565
>poos stopped Alexander
Those people living in Northern-India were Aryans back then, your shitskinned type were all slaves working on plantations.
And India didn't stop Alexander. They inflicted great blows on his army, yes. But his original soldiers from Macedonia wanted to turn back and go home, and he didn't want to go along with only the Persians and the other nations and mercenaries.
>>
>virtually no shitskins in country
>little intermarriage
>highest IQ beside EuroJoos

Give China a hundred years. If the technocrat oligarchy can figure a way to peacefully usher in representative democracy to a population twice the size of the western world, there'll be no keeping up.
>>
>>76502526
What the fuck are you on about? Are you claiming that there wasn't a massive loss of knowledge during the Barbarian invasions of the Roman Empire, and during fanatic christian uprisings?

Okay, they discovered gunpowder and paper. That fact alone just proves their influence, because the west would have never been able to improve those things if they weren't invented.

Also, are you claiming that the work of various Islamic and Indian mathematicians didn't happen? Well, have fun trying to do maths with Roman Numerals, and no concept of 0, and and no algebra as we know it today, and no negative numbers.

>>76502565
Pretty sure Alexander's own troops stopped him, more so than the Indians. I mean, he defeated the Indians at the Hydaspes.
>>
>>76501218
they forever tore Russia and Russian Identity away from the west, affecting Geo-politics to this day.
>>
>>76499788
Define "stronger"
>>
>>76502477
are we forgetting the Mughals? Pakistan exists for a reason poo
>>
>comparing a raping, pillaging, animal fucking, full of STDs so called "empire" to based China

China exists, has nukes and a space program, and a billion of higher IQ men and women

Roman Empire doesn't exist anymore
>>
>>76502827
You can't kill 172 million mudslims in a day without getting any attention. We are working on it.

>>76502918
oh, okay. Now I get it. Sorry.

>>76502922
You know Alexander's army was disheartened but you know why it was dishartened? Because after fighting so many wars there was a huge fucking ganges river in front of them and accross that river Dhananda (Hindu Nanda empire in India) was waiting for him for with 80,000 horsemen, 200,000 footmen, 8,000 chariots, and 6,000 fighting elephants.
>>
File: 1464979957486.jpg (53 KB, 409x416) Image search: [Google]
1464979957486.jpg
53 KB, 409x416
>>76503204
>>
File: 1465375530504.gif (732 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1465375530504.gif
732 KB, 640x480
>>76499788
AMERICA is more relevant than both of them combined

>tfw I'm alive to se the greatest Empire of our history
>>
>>76502935
>""""""""islamic""""""""

their whole Golden Age of science was based on Greek, Persian and Indian knowledge

the only Islamic science that existed was Al Ghazali and he was a retard
>>
>>76499788
so where the slavs on the map?

I'm curious of /pol/acs mind where we are
>>
Imagine there is only romans and han China and no other countries.They border each other.Han china decides to make an invasion on romans.Launches an invasion operation, romans fuck the shit of first expeditionary forces up, invasion continues.Rome resists, though outnumbered, China randomly splits to smaller states.The end.
>>
if they ever fought id say rome would win easily.

china's only chance would be throwing millions of bodies at the problem, like they do with every problem. and I reckon rome could just hold that off for years, wear china down and eventually crush them
>>
>>76502116
Pulling the great fleet back and becoming isolationist
>>
>>76499788
>Han China
>Propelled the world forward

Pick one and only one
>>
>>76503125
>>76503125
Mughals accepted our culture in the reign of Akbar but we would be way more fucked if mongols had conquered us.
>>
>>76503233

You are reading the truth, not the /pol/tard version of butthurt cumskins.

the Roman Empire and Ancient Greece were the most depraved entities to ever exist

rampant peadophilia and sodomy, the rape of millions of Greek preteens, STDs in almost 50% of Roman population, rape and murder and enslavement of the indigenous Europeans by the Romans and the Greeks only to stole Indigenous people's invention and claim it to be "Roman" or "Greek"

look it up
>>
>>76502565
The army was not interested in marching into India, too much smell you see.
>>
File: 1463507587205.jpg (157 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
1463507587205.jpg
157 KB, 900x506
>>76503240
>>
>>76503272

cool story, moor rapebaby
>>
>>76503240
>american detected
>>
>>76503475
Not because of smell but because they were fucking scared the shit out of them -> >>76503225
>>
>>76502935
>Are you claiming that there wasn't a massive loss of knowledge during the Barbarian invasions of the Roman Empire, and during fanatic christian uprisings?
Certainly not massive and not as much as the meme series on History Channel and National Geographic and so would like you to believe.
Those "Barbarians" all looked up to Rome and its culture, not just its wealth.
They picked up Roman customs. That is why we are still civilized and not on the level of ooga boogas like arabs and blacks. Why do you think the Holy Roman Empire bore the name "Roman"? Everyone looked up to Rome. No one wanted to destroy it, they wanted their wealth to themselves.
Compare this to muslims who want to destroy everything that is not muslim, because they are butthurt jelly as fuck (e.g. blowing up Palmyra, iconoclasms, etc).
Did I mention these so called barbarians were all white? What's more, they were Indo-Europeans, aka Aryans.

>paper
What is papyrus?
Do you believe paper didn't exist before the Chinese "discovered" it?
Papyri were widely used by the whole Hellenized world and the Roman Empire.
The Chinese just found a better and cheaper way to make paper.
We would have discovered that too, given time. It wasn't something revolutionary, it was evolutionary.

>gunpowder
Yes, they discovered it, great achievment, now compare what they did with it to what we did with it. When whites went into China we could exterminate every Chinese to the last people by our superior technology.

I approve that they discovered these things, it is really a great thing, but compare this to what we have discovered and achieved, when we had far fewer people and GDP than them all throughout history.

cont.
>>
>>76499788
More important in what why? Demand leftists to specify their understanding of importance.
Other than that they are always welcome to leave for China, finally they can join their comrades.
>>
>>76503272

Greeks stole everything from Mesopotamians and Persians were muslims

then the cumskins stole ancient people's achievements and claimed them as their own
>>
If chinks were so smart how come they didn't discover glass?
Fucking Spastics
>>
>>76501023
>Arabs developed 0
No that was the Assyrians before they were raped by the Arabs. Arabs have done fuck all in history
>>
>>76502935
He defeated a smaller Indian kingdom, his army chickened out when they heard about the army of Dhananda -> >>76503225
>>
>>76502477
>What is Mughal Empire
>Who is Babur
>>
>>76499788
Chinks invented a few things 1000 years ago and have been hanging their hats on it ever since. What has China accomplished in the past 300 years? NOTHING.
>>
File: Islamic Golden Age.jpg (114 KB, 1397x490) Image search: [Google]
Islamic Golden Age.jpg
114 KB, 1397x490
>>76503272
Islam is truly cancer
>>
File: 1464846667083.png (156 KB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
1464846667083.png
156 KB, 270x270
>>76503471
HAHAHAHA you're serious? I thought you were just shitposting because of how fucking retarded that post was

>roman empire doesn't exist anymore
>china exists
jesus just end your retarded life
>>
File: fuckyou.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
fuckyou.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>76503645
>Presia
>Before Mohammed
>Before Christ
>Muslim
You are a fucking idiot. Also, Ancient Greek mathematicians, historians and philosophers, look them up, Jamal.
>>
>>76503714
They were descendant of Mongols but independent from the Mongol empire. Almost 1/3 of world has mongolian ancestry.
>>
>>76503581

>They picked up Roman customs. That is why we are still civilized and not on the level of ooga boogas like arabs and blacks. Why do you think the Holy Roman Empire bore the name "Roman"? Everyone looked up to Rome. No one wanted to destroy it, they wanted their wealth to themselves.

>austrian colonial logic

so the murdered southern gooks and the japanese choose western culture because it looked superior, not because it was forcefully imposed on them after the wars ?

look at this retarded austrian colonial and laugh
>>
>>76503272

Well, considering Persia was Islamic at the time, pretty sure that counts.

Ibn al-Banna' al-Marrakushi and Abū al-Ḥasan ibn ʿAlī al-Qalaṣādī, Muhammad ibn Musa al-Khwarizmi, Omar Khayyám, I don't know, some other fucking ones. To dismiss it so
offhandedly just because it supports your world view is quite ignorant. Really, even if the Islamic golden age acted only as a pathway of sorts for knowledge to pass to the west, that still counts, especially in a time where the west was quite backwards compared to the east.

>>76503225

India was fucked over and mostly ruled by Muslims at one point.

As for Alexander, he had smashed his opposition in India up until that point, he had smashed his opposition all the way. The reason his men were disheartened wasn't because of some Indian army, but because of internal struggle, unhappiness with Alexander's views towards the Persians, and the fact that at that point, they had been campaigning for 11 years and had conquered more land than anyone before them in human history.
>>
>>76503581
m8 plox

the persians where white
the hindus were white
the arabs were white
the egyptians were white
the accient greeks and romans were white

I bet you are going to say that the africans were white

even the ethiopians were arabs and this white
>>
>>76503645
>Persians were forced to be muslim
fitfy

and are you legit saying it was Islam that made the Persians scientific power houses and not the other way around?
>>
>>76503855
But they are all Caucasian Pedro.
>>
File: look mom.jpg (84 KB, 533x700) Image search: [Google]
look mom.jpg
84 KB, 533x700
>>76503807
>Jamal posts again
>so the murdered southern gooks and the japanese choose western culture because it looked superior
yes
>>
>>76503781
also let me clarify. obv. the roman empire doesnt exist anymore, because its been broken into countries ruled by their respective cultures/ethnicities

the han chinese empire doesnt exist anymore, its become another country based around the various chinese culture/ethnicities

saying that Han China is better because China exists and that the roman empire isn't an entity is fucking retarded because all of the European countries descended from the Roman empire have all achieved technological levels modern China hasn't been able to reach yet.
>>
>>76503742

They own your ass by debt.

>>76503781

Sorry to burst your bubble, but your Romans and Greeks were nothing but child rapists and sodomites on a massive scale, they just happen to be worshipped by cumskins but to other normal people they're nothing but murderers and degenerates.

>>76503787
Al Khawarizmi was a Persian muslim, kill yourself half-Austrian half-Ottoman rapebaby
>>
Han Dynasty was still transitioning from bronze to iron

Romans would win
>>
>>76503581
> Islamic mathematicians
What the hell is Islamic? If there was a so called "Islamic Golden Age", when was the Christian Golden Age? The Buddhist one? The Zoroasthrian one? The Shinto one?
This word itself proves that they had to make up such a thing, based on their RELIGION, because arabs were dumb as hell.
Al-Khwarizmi was Persian, an Indo-European, an Aryan.
Do you really think the Greeks didn't know algorhythms? Just because a Persian wrote a book about it, and went deep into it, doesn't mean he discovered it. Greeks have been using it and knowing it. And even civilizations before the Greeks, do you think the Egyptians were cretens before they got to know the majesty of "islamic mathematics"? How did they build the pyramids then?

Other famous "Islamic Golden Age" scientists: Maimonides, a Jew of Jewish faith living in Hispania. Avicenna, a Persian, again, an Indo-European.

Indian mathemathics: All from the North of India, right? The North was Aryan, and were much less mixed with the Dravidian browns back then.

Wow, I start to see a pattern here: Everyone was Aryan who did something other than ooga booga (minus that 1 jew). Hmmm. Really makes you think.
>>
>>76503673

>Misquoting me as the Arabs developed 0

Nice try, I said the Indians developed the concept of 0. Besides, the Mesopotamian 0 was more of a placeholder than a decimal place 0 that we know today.

Really? To say the Arabs did nothing for humanity is an extreme thing to say however. Sure, Islam is a despicable ideology that ruined the once flourishing middle east, but my points still stand in spite of that. The Arabs were once a world power.
>>
>>76503696
>>76503225
There is something in this, yes, I'll give it.
Still, it had nothing to do with you and your shitskin ancestors, Pajeet.
>>
>>76503847
That's the bullshit written by his historian, ours had written differently. You it will make Alexander the great a bloody great if he wrote that his army chickened out. Or they saw a gauranteed defeat on seeing a huge flooding river and a huge army with war elephants which they already had difficulty fighting with?
>>
>>76503931
changing the retoric to fit /pol/ agenda

m8, even our accient gods were white

at this point pol is starting to sound retarded

WE WUZ WHITE AND SHIIT
>>
>>76503696
not that they were fighting continuously for almost 10 years and didn't even want to go that far into India.

Trust me, if they invaded the poos would be fucked.
>>
>>76503912

look a world map, everywhere you see christian a sa dominat religion, it was sforcefully imposed to the people

even chirstianity nowaydays is heavily mixed with paganism because either way it would have never been accepted by indigenous peoples

>>76503912

yes because Baghdad was not a Persian city and neither was Al Andalus
>>
Ayo hollo up

You be saying Dat we WUZ emperor n warlords n shieeeeeeeet?
>>
>>76504112
thats the case with mexican catholic church

They have many traditions imported like:
día de muertos
santería
la Santa muerte
>>
>>76501023
>the idea of there being a 0 arose in India
Read the list of top mathematicians again.

In mathematical heaven there's a designated shitting street that stretches as far as the eye can see, where exquisite excrement forms faecal fractals, and every shart has strange and unusual parallels to the Riemann zeta function.
>>
>>76504109
If you think history was always written fairly without any alterations to the truth then no wonder you from the same stupid country who lead itself into a huge fucking debt -> >>76504069
>>
>>76504020

the delusion is surreal in this post

you are a desendant of Austrian rape, you are nothing

Indians are as much indo-european as you are

as a Hugarian, you invented nothing, everything your country produced was produced by Jewish Hungarians

your country is on par with subsaharian Africa

kill yourself
>>
File: yhtgb.jpg (6 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
yhtgb.jpg
6 KB, 275x183
>>76503204
>>76503471
>>76503495
>>76503645
>>76503807
>>
File: 1407008214542.jpg (625 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1407008214542.jpg
625 KB, 1920x1200
LISTEN UP CUNTS

im looking for some weird fucking yotube channel. all the videos are like 20-30 minutes episodes showing the world going to shit in numerous ways, its either degenerates being degenerate, terrorist attacks and shit like that, had creepy music and sounds with it also.
who knows what this channel is called?

ATTENTION CUNTS READ ABOVE ^^
>>
File: spongebob2.png (582 KB, 639x481) Image search: [Google]
spongebob2.png
582 KB, 639x481
>>76504112
>he actually believes Islamic golden age was caused by Islam

that was a good one Ahmed

http://indiafacts.org/the-myth-of-islamic-science/
>>
>>76502997
Russia was an Orthodox country before the Mongols. What you meant to say was "Moscow became the capital" or something.
>>
>>76504364
Your mum
>>
>>76504365

>indiafacts

glad to see you linking to your "indo-european" brothers website but I don't believe it
>>
>>76504321
And now a french meme another french using mexican targeted memes

when drumpf failes we are going to turn this around, I can already taste their tears and our enjoyment saying them "BUILD WALL" as it if were the best argument ever

it will trigger them so bad, it wi be glorious
>>
>>76502935
Also the "le Greek knowledge was saved by Islamic scholars when Europe has forgot about it" reddit tier meme.
Really?
So we have Byzantium, aka Rome, a Roman Empire with Greek culture and official language, and you're telling me, that these people just simply forgot about Socrates, Aristotle, Platon, Epicurus and such? You have to be really dense to believe this.

By the way, if they were so clever and they understood these Greeks so well when the dumb, barbarian Europeans have already forgot about them or couldn't understand it because muh christianity dumbed em down, did those muslims apply anything those Greeks talked about?
????
Oh, you can't say anything?
C-could it be.. could it be, that the dumb ones who were religiously fanatic and therefore wouldn't accept anything that came from outsiders or any scientific fact were.. the muslims themselves?!?!?!
Wow, I wish I had a wikipedia article to show some proof in favor of this.
Hmmmm let me see...
Ah yes, Occasionalism, a certain idea the muslims have been believing for centuries now, that says that B doesn't occur because A caused it, but because both were seperately caused by God himself.
Example: If you put a pan with water on a fire, the water will start to boil. But did it start to boil because you put it on the fire and the fire heats it and heat + water = boiling and this is a natural, scientific law?
NO YOU SILLY KAFFIR! It happened because God saw that you've put the pan on the fire and he thought it would be good for it to boil.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occasionalism#Islamic_theological_schools
>>
>>76500679
no
>>
File: 1600 (10).jpg (142 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1600 (10).jpg
142 KB, 1600x900
>>76503807
You're probably a shill, but, Japan adopted western material culture because of it being to their advantage as a nation. The West only murdered a few in Kyushu that attacked the west, and actually helped Japan alot with modernization.

The Chinks got murdered into submission, though.
>>
>more powerful

maybe, it depends on which period you're looking at

>more relevant

Definitely not
>>
>>76504569
Go away 鬼老
>>
>>76503855
Persians: Aryans
Hindus: Aryans
Arabs: Caucasian, but not Aryan, and mixed with African shitskins
Egyptians: Caucasians

Ethiopians have a big Caucasian admixture, just take a look at their faces.

#NotAnArgument.
Now go buy your tools for building that wall.
>>
>>76504722

Magyars = Gypsies and Ottoman and Austrian rapebabies who contributed as much as Botswanians
>>
All I want are french fries, and weird jap sex toys to diddle obese Ethiopian slaves with, is that too much to ask for America, #buildawall
>>
>>76503847
>Well, considering Persia was Islamic at the time, pretty sure that counts.
OK, let's use your logic than on everyone else then, shall we?
Oh shit look, 95% of every scientist that counts since the fall of Rome was Christian!
Oh geez oh man, considering whole of Europe and America were Christian at that time, pretty sure that counts.
Go back to plebbit and jerk off to John Green telling you how it's okay that your wife is a whore.
>>
>>76504722
not knowing the greeks feeled superior because both the persians and indians were brown

not knowing both romans were scared of the bigger and whiter germans

enjoyable the califate
>>
>>76504954

>Oh shit look, 95% of every scientist that counts since the fall of Rome was Christian!

that is just plain wrong

unless Jews, atheists, hindus and buddhists are christians
>>
File: 1465344277312.jpg (11 KB, 280x279) Image search: [Google]
1465344277312.jpg
11 KB, 280x279
>>76503240
>>
>>76504318
>your country is on par with subsaharian Africa
Did you just say your birthplace is a shithole?
Because on that, I heartfully agree with you.

>Neumann was of Jewish origin, but he was a Christian
>Therefore all of your scientists were Jewish, HAHAHAHAHAHA :D:D:D:D pol BTFO

Great argument, Jamal. Go back to Africa and teach those monkeys your supreme ways. Maybe then they can build something that is not from sticks and shit.
>>
>>76505155
tu que we, de que lado estas

el Che gringo uso un proxy bato

tu crees que un nargentino diría eso?
>>
>>76505079
everyone was christian
everyone was white

everybody else just popped out into existance in 2016
>>
>>76504954
sorry hungary but Australia bro has a better idea of history than you. white people weren't always the masters or the best of the ancient world, although we are indisputably the masters of the modern world. and that is arguably more important.

>>76504318
>>76503988
you need to stop posting
>>
>>76505079
>>76505372
Salty shitskins.
Are you jelly?
Why aren't you working on bettering your country right now?
Ah yes I know, because you are too lazy and can do nothing but bitch about how your White masters are evil.
Boo hoo.
>>
>>76503696
No. >>76503847

Also, is that a modern or ancient estimate? Because an army of 40,000 under Alexander beat an army of 100,000 at the Battle of Guagamela, so size =/= victory.

>>76503240

America is more relevant now, but overall Rome had a greater impact. they are essentially the Rome of today.

>>76503847

>germanic barbarians went directly to HRE

Interesting theory right there. It's wrong. Populations, urbanization, technology, all of it dovetailed throughout much of Europe during the barbarian invasions. The only real shelter from that storm was Byzantium. There was about 400 years between the fall of Rome and the formation of the HRE.
The reason the middle east is so stuffed is because of the Mongol invasions, Timurids, colonialism, and Islam not because of innate racial problems. As for Africa? Well, partially due to colonialism and massive amounts of disease (It's where humans evolved, so diseases evolved there with us)

>equates papyrus with paper

Okay, well, that's nice. Why don't you go use your papyrus scroll then. Papyrus and paper are different. One is made from papyrus, the other from trees.

>>76504020

Considering that compared to the Christian states of europe, Islamic states were relatively condensed, and therefore it is easier than European states to measure their prosperity as a whole.

Greeks used geometric algebra. Again, not downplaying the impact of the Greeks, just saying that the east also had an important role in the development of mathematics.

Yes, Islam is a fucked up religion. I'm sure you as a Hungarian (apparently) would know that thanks to the Ottomans conquering your entire nation during the late Middle Ages, but you can't just dismiss history because it doesn't fit your worldview.

Not going to comment on your obsession with the idea of being Aryan. It is irrelevant to the conversation at hand. Indians and Europeans are too distant to really make a meaningful connection based on being Aryan.
>>
>>76505476
as if your country isn't just relevant for being being in the same continent that france spain germany and england and nothing more

no worries pal, I am preparing myself to...

JUMP TH....

sorry

BUILD THE WALL
>>
File: butwaittheresmore.png (204 KB, 553x557) Image search: [Google]
butwaittheresmore.png
204 KB, 553x557
I'm sorry, but saying the Chinese were relevant is like telling someone they throw good for a girl.

>Oh, hey! Mongols.. you conquered some shit at some point
>Oh, hey, you developed a useful technology or two in the past!

The cuckery from the left are so racist and they don't even know it. They verbally pat every other culture on the head. Just kidding, racism is a cultural Marxist construct.

But yeah, Western civilization literally invented everything from the way we look at the world to what and how we eat. (except potatoes, corn, and tomatoes.. a based native gave us those and then we ran a train on him and his crew).
>>
>>76505924

Okay, okay. Go and deny history all you want, that seems to be a recurring theme on this thread.

>Can't even admit that the west wasn't a major power at any point, and can't admit that we had any outside influences.

Okay, great, fine. Go ahead, go live in your little bubble, it sure sounds cozy in there, never having any of your views challenged.
>>
>>76506082
>the west wasn't a major power at any point
So how's Marxism 101 in your Art College? Is your professor wearing a CCCP shirt every day? Or does xe sometimes wear ones with faces of Mao too?
>>
>>76506082
>read post
>pure denial sans substantive argument
>check flag

Every. Fucking. Time.
>>
>>76505652
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Hungarian_inventions
>Rubik's cube
>Coach
>Ballpoint pen
>Holography
>Electric motor
>Impulse generator
>Thermographic camera
>Transformer

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mexican_inventions_and_discoveries
>food and beverages

Cool shit, man
>>
>>76506220
>Implying I support Marxism or the Soviet Union

You think I support marxism because I recognise that the west wasn't always a world power?
Wow, you really dismantled that strawman like a pro. Congratulations.
>>
>>76505924
sorry dude but the Mongols were pretty relevant. Ottomans/muslims too (their invasion of the balkans)
there were also some other ancient non-white/western civilizations that were relevant. you have a bad knowledge of history if you cant accept that.

but lemme turn around now and say that you are totally spot on that modern leftists/progressives are fucking retarded when they go out their way to give asspats to non-white cultures because it makes them look more 'englightened.' disgusting. also the majority of relevant ancient civs and modern civs are white, and after the muslim golden age, literally everything invented did come from the west so, y'know. feels good man
>>
>>76506082
>the west wasn't a major power at any point
>wasn't a major power at any point
>at any point

>>76506437
>You think I support marxism because I recognise that the west wasn't always a world power?
>the west wasn't always a world power?
>wasn't always

Typical filth. "I-i swear I d-didn't mean it that way, why are you attacking me?!?! I'm innocent!!!"
Now which one is it, jew?
Wasn't a major power at any point, or wasn't always?
You can't even follow your own lies you disgusting scum.
>>
>>76506281

The west is miles ahead of the rest of the world now, but it wasn't always that way.
>>76501023
>>
>>76506496
It's like you tried to contradict me and explained why I'm right. I was essentially saying that non western civilizations each have 15 minutes of fame, while we have world domination throughout history with blips of forbearance.
>>
>>76506496
I think he is talking about scientific relevancy, not about historical one.
>>
>>76501023
Pre-Islamic Middle-East was swell, as was pre-Communism China.
>>
>>76506724
Wasn't a major power always. That is what I meant by at any point. By at any point, I meant that, throughout of all of history, any point, any point at all, at which the west was not a world power. Not that the west was never a world power, because it is a world power.

Anyway, attack my poor phrasing, because my argument is correct.
>>
>>76506740
He is saying that Mongols and such were relevant historically, they set many other things in motion, but you are right about their relative scientific values floating somewhat about 0.
>>
File: 1465116998431.png (32 KB, 170x170) Image search: [Google]
1465116998431.png
32 KB, 170x170
>>76506740
oh I see now, we have the same idea about things then. it seemed like you were completely disregarding non western civilizations & stuff

carry on bro
>>
>>76504286
they would still get rekt
>>
>>76506737
>invented gun powder
>invented batteries
>sat on that shit for years

You have enough people, you'll get random accidental innovations. The true test is how you utilize them. That's sophistication, and that's where they failed. You also forget they learned a lot from Western civilization throughout history. And the rest.. well it's hearsay and has no supporting evidence such as the 'muh maths' meme. Actually, it was shown false here >>76500422
>>
>>76506810
Middle east started becoming a massive shithole that we recognize today after the mongol invasion. Then, the Timurids, then, the fall of the Ottoman Empire, followed by western divide an conquer style strategies.

Communism destroyed Chinese culture and history, as communism so often does. People accuse me of being communist because I disagree with their world view, but denying the past is exactly what Communists do.
>>
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 443x332
>>76506386
>not reading the shit
>>
>>76501023
>this map seems to be entirely ignoring all contributions from the east during their history
This guy gets it. The West would still be in the Dark Ages if it were not for endeavors such as the Dutch East India Company.
>>
>>76506918
Yes, blips are relevant when looking at them, but not at the big picture, which is where my premise resided. He was simply trying, intentionally or unintentionally, to get over on the semantics of 'being relevant'. Many forms of relevance exist, but my point still permeates through the bullshit, and he admitted it.
>>
>>76501023
Man's got a point
>>
>>76507018

>Random source from eurocentric perspective instantly overrides non-european contributions to technological development

Okay. The Chinese utilized their technology until stagnation occurred under the Qing took over in the late 17th century.

Again, the west is far ahead of China right now, I'm not disputing that.
>>
>>76504558

The Byzantines were in a slow and steady decline, which was only slowed by the miraculous Komnenian restoration. Yes, they didn't lose the knowledge, but the west wasn't really interested in it, due to the religious schism between the ERE, and

Occasionalism first reached prominence during the 11th century, the Islamic Golden Age, lasted from 8th century to 13th century. Not an exact fit, and not mutually exclusive either. Shitty ideas aren't exclusive to the east, considering that the west basically hated Galileo for his ideas, and thought disease was spread by bad smells, and various other stupid ideas. Again, like various times in Islam, western thinkers who were right, were dismissed by the authorities.

The Golden Age ended after the Mongol invasions promoted a rise in extremely literal interpretations of the Quran, which essentially led to the persecution of thinkers, and the condemnation of rationalism, science, and greek ideas. Since wikipedia is apparently a valid source now: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_Golden_Age
>>
>>76507558
The eurocentric fallacy. I haven't seen that one in over 10 years. It was so easily dismissed as bullshit, and people stopped pushing it. It's another semantics argument that essentially states:

>your green is only greener cause I choose to call mine orange

In reality, it's not about style, it's about correctness and incorrectness.

Then you cap it with a bold lie about utilization, with, WELL WHAT DO YOU KNOW, no supporting arguments.. just a baseless claim.
>>
>>76508206
Okay, guess my list of technologies invented outside of the west doesn't count as evidence, or a supporting argument?

Look, that list is bullshit. The criteria are subjective, so I could list any mathematician I wanted on their really. I'm sure I could compile a list of 100 non western thinkers and claim that as the holy grail, as you seem to be doing.

No, it is not a fallacy, I am criticising your source for being heavily biased, and not being impartial. That is a legitimate criticism, not a fallacy.
>>
File: kinder surprised.png (78 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
kinder surprised.png
78 KB, 900x900
>>76503240
>>76503478
>>
>>76508206

Top arbitrary number of thinkers list!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Arab_scientists_and_scholars
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Iranian_mathematicians
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Iranian_mathematicians
>>
>>76508559
You can't use the list I dismissed already as a supporting argument for me dismissing it. We're talking about utilization. Those Chinese could learn from your craftiness by trying to utilize your original claim as its supporting argument.

How shameful, though.

>being heavily biased
Again, semantics. I can disregard any argument you have for seeing it through the lens of a human. It's obviously tainted subjection if I've ever seen it! And I won't have any of it!
>>
>>76499788
Nope.
It isn't even an empire by definition, because they never left China.
>>
>>76508969

Ah, that post dismissed your evidence actually, if you even bothered to look at it. Obviously you didn't.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Indian_inventions_and_discoveries
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Chinese_inventions
>>
File: 1455267536846.jpg (215 KB, 624x896) Image search: [Google]
1455267536846.jpg
215 KB, 624x896
>>76499788
thats just them virtue signaling, showing how moraly supirior they are by not being eurosentric
>>
>>76508975

>Implying china was made up of a single territory or ethnic group

"1.
an extensive group of states or countries ruled over by a single monarch, an oligarchy, or a sovereign state.
"the Roman Empire"
synonyms: kingdom, realm, domain, territory, province; More
commonwealth, federation, confederation;
power, world power, superpower;
jurisdiction;
res publica
"the Ottoman Empire"

supreme political power over several countries when exercised by a single authority.
"he encouraged the Greeks in their dream of empire in Asia Minor"

an extensive sphere of activity controlled by one person or group.
"the kitchen had once been the school dinner ladies' empire""

China fits that description.
>>
>>76507558
>eurocentric perspective
>Uses SJW language unironically on pol
DROPPED
>>
>>76509101
No it doesn't.
Chinks all rook same.
Isolationist people who don't subjugate other people are not an empire.
>>
>>76509035
>says the subjective Australian looking through the lens of an Australian.
>>
>>76509264

"Eurocentric
adjective
adjective: Eurocentric; adjective: Euro-centric

focusing on European culture or history to the exclusion of a wider view of the world; implicitly regarding European culture as pre-eminent."

Okay, so is that an incorrect term to use, or are you saying you are not focusing on Europe?
>>
>>76499788
It's hard to say. Was it a regional power as dominant as the Romans? Most certainly.
>>
>>76499788

ha, no.
>>
>>76507558
>eurocentric
>bad
good one
>>
>>76509290
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Warring_States
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ethnic_groups_in_China

They all look the same to us, and, essentially to us, they are practically the same. However, make no mistake, this is only because of the Chinese empires of the past. Similarly, if the Roman Empire didn't exist, Europeans wouldn't form a unified geographical, cultural group as we know it.
>>
>>76499788
Leftists are traitors so no surprise there
>>
File: Uf52UpV.jpg (148 KB, 1071x614) Image search: [Google]
Uf52UpV.jpg
148 KB, 1071x614
>>76503240
much obliged, argentinebro. you're an honorary american in my book.
>>
>>76509504
Not bad, incorrect in the context of history. Yes, of course we have a Eurocentric view, we are from Europe, nothing wrong with that. However, that doesn't mean all cultures in history were inferior to European cultures throughout all of history, just because the west is the center of all the dominant powers of the age.
>>
>>76507553
civilisation did not 'start' in the middle east. it started as soon as man developed the ability to envisage a better future. all those river valley communities failed. they were all slaves to mass production monotonous bullshit. they had writing to recird tribute. art to honour rulers and technology to. above all. keep the status quo. without innovation and freedom they were all doomed. all the things they had were made elsewherw years apart with no connections
>>
>>76501023
>gunpowder, compass, rudder, wheelbarrow, paper.

All of these things are neat little tricks and toys. The west developed things like architecture that is still better than anything in china, democracy, philosophy that did not suck. Siege engines, superior metal working. In short the roman empire is the base of western civilization that pretty much invented/discovered everything or took an idea and make it viable and relevant. There is a reason no one studies eastern history, it is just not relevant to anything.
>>
>>76509358
Yeah, I can't be perfectly objective. But my arguments acknowledge a wider range of ideas and sources.
>>
>>76509991
i would argue the roman empire was actually a dark age after hellinic civilisation and before renaissance. wasted time
>>
>>76509991
And the Chinese developed the blast furnace, and water wheels. They had philosophies such as Confucianism, which promoted a meritocracy. Gunpowder, compass, rudder, wheelbarrow, and paper are just tricks and toys? Printing is just a little trick? Those are all important advancements in navigation, productivity, and the transmission of knowledge.

The reason nobody studies Eastern history is because we live in the west, not because it is irrelevant or completely pathetic.
I, as an Australian, do not rigorously study French, German, or American history, does that mean they are irrelevant?
>>
>>76499788

The Roman Empire was a major foundation/influence for European civilization - which was and (despite being cucked and busy committing suicide) still is the richest, most advanced and influential civilization in human history.

China on the other hand is the foundation of China and influenced the countries which border it. Whatever advances and improvements have been made in Modern China have come about completely under the influence of/by copying the West. Ditto Japan, Korea. Hell the richest parts of China are those parts which were lucky enough to have been founded/colonised by the British (Hong Kong, Shanghai) and Portugese (Macau).

History might have been quite different if China hadn't decided to turn in on itself and away from the world 600-800 years ago but it did, so in no way is it as important an influence on humanity as the Roman Empire.
>>
>>76499788
romans would have easily defeat them in a battlefield
>>
>>76510050
Because you say you are and that's all that matters
>>
>>76509991
>The west

Europe did, you uncultured swine
>>
>>76509625
>>76510351
mm well, I would say its somewhat ok to view the past with a 'euro-centric' lense. to explain that:
I mean, Euro-centrism in the modern age is a-ok because Europe is so dominating and is literally the definition of pre-eminent in the modern age. I mean we did invent pretty much everything in the modern age and did take over the entire globe.
and I think that retroactively makes ancient europe more important than other ancient civilizations, (even if we were on par with them at the time), because the things that influenced ancient europe are the things that built and influenced, modern europe, which in turn changed and influenced the ENTIRE world, all the world over.

mm what do you guys think about that? does that sound reasonable or dumb?
>>
>>76509991
how the fuck are gunpowder and the compass "neat little tricks and toys"
>>
>An empire that consisted almost entirely of a single ethnolinguistic group
versus
>An empire that conquered dozens of ethnolinguistic groups

Rome was far more impressive. It's military was better too and the fact that it produced europe, whereas China just produced.... China, makes it more 'relevant' to every country in the modern world except for maybe China.
>>
>>76510874
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ethnic_groups_in_China
The Han itself is more of an ethnic group than a single ethnicity, and it wasn't always like that.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warring_States_period
>>
>>76510712
and to add on to that, the influences on ancient europe from the outside world were there, but they weren't there in abundance. paper and gunpowder from china, some math from the middle east, etc. hence why other non-western cilvilizations only have '15 minutes of fame' like trumpfag was saying compared to western civilization, who's course of history is the one that dominated and continues to dominate the globe
>>
>>76511075
>The Han itself is more of an ethnic group than a single ethnicity, and it wasn't always like that.
The Han had far more in common with each other than all the people the Romans subdued.

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warring_States_period
I'm not sure what you are trying to prove with this. The Romans also had civil wars, and building the Roman empire in the first place was far more impressive than Chinese unification.
>>
>>76509290
Chinese (Han) were originally an ethnic group that lived only in north-eastern China, in the yellow river basin. To the south were indigenous groups that were probably relatives of Burmese, Lao, Malay and Thai. To the west and north there were Turks, Mongols and Indo-Europeans. And koreans in the far north-east.

The only reason most Chinks are the same today is because the Han conquered these lands and wiped out their peoples (and partly assimilated them - you can actually usually tell the difference between northern and southern chinese just by looking at them.)

>>76499788
Not even close. Contrary to modern China's 'WE WUZ ANCIENTS' China always lagged behind the Middle East and Mediterranean area, right up until the T'ang dynasty (mid 1st millennium AD). Modern archaeologists can estimate industrial production from things like the amount of deforestation and the amount of lead deposits in the soil, and according to all data China produced considerably less than the Roman Empire.

For some reason a lot of westerners like to point out that China was always so advanced before the modern period, perhaps in the belief that knowing about Marco Polo and the fact that Colombus was sailing to find China makes them look smart (it doesn't). In fact, Marco Polo happened to have been born at a time when China was at an absolute high-point compared to an usual low for Western civilisation (that is, the middle east and south-east Europe); the period 500-1500AD was something of an anomaly, historically, since the overall trend for the last ten thousand years has been China always being developmentally behind.
>>
>>76508017
>The Byzantines were in a slow and steady decline,
eh, not really. They had they're ups and downs, it's just that hindsight is biased because we know how it eventually turned out. Really, you could just as easily say that the the Byzantines were on a slow and steady upward trend that just happened to run into extreme bad luck every now and then. Basil II made the Empire as the strongest state in Europe or the middle east before Manzikert wrecked everything, and the komnenoi did the same before the 4th crusade
>>
>>76511688

The middle east dominated from around 6000 BCE, to 500 BCE. Then, Greek and Roman civilization came, and was prominent from around 300 BCE to 500 CE (excluding ERE). The east was then probably ahead of much of Europe, from around 500-1500 CE, when the west took over again, alongside the Ottomans until around 1800, where the west became indisputably the most powerful. So, out of that, the west was ahead for around 1300 years, while China was ahead for 1000 years. Not exactly what I would call an anomaly.
>>
>>76512577

They were in a general trend of decline since they lost everything outside of Europe and Asia Minor to the Islamic invasions. The high water mark had already happened by then, and they never really gained anything they didn't start with beyond then.
>>
>>76500193
How can Korea. Korea beta suck jap dick until America save them. China always great except for mongol
>>
>>76512903
> they lost everything outside of Europe and Asia Minor to the Islamic invasions
at some points they were reduced almost to just Constantinople itself; slavs occupied Greece and the Balkans and Turks and Arabs Anatolia. Yet every time, the Byzantines pushed back.

like I said, it was an up and down kind of thing. Calling it a decline is misleading because if history had gone just a little differently the Byzantines could have won. If the 4th crusade had attacked the Arabs instead of fucking up everything then the Byzantines could well have taken back everything they had in AD 500. Ditto with Manzikert - if the Turks had lost, then the Empire would have been in a very good position to consolidate Basil's gains in the Balkans and Anatolia, and push on into Syria.
>>
>>76512714
it depends on how you define 'west'. If you mean north western Europe, then no, it wasn't more advanced than China for longer. However, most archaeologists broadly categorise ancient western asia and mediterranean europe together, since it was all offshoots (or offshoots of offshoots) of the same core of development around the fertile crescent.
>>
>>76510821
Because until 300 years ago gunpowder was not as deadly as a bow and arrow. People had been navigating using other methods for generations. The compass imo has never been a relevant instrument. Nobody navigated the sea with a compass idiot. You use a sextant, the sun, or the stars to chart your course.

inb4 muh cloudy days muh cloudy nights
>>
>>76502639

Its hilarious how much shitlibs bring up the sack of Baghdad as the reason why the Islamic world is a dump. They conveniently forget that the Huns did the exact same thing to Northern Italy (and the Ostrogoths/Lombards/Byzantines did a number to the area a century or so later) yet less than a millennium later northern Italy was the wealthiest region in Europe and the birthplace of the Renaissance.
>>
>>76500305
Han China could beat Roman army because they had million soldiers
>>
>>76514073
>300 years
yurop has been using gunpowder-based weaponry since the 1400s (source: medieval 2 total war). gunpowder was the reason why we were able to conquer the new world as easily as we did.
>>
>>76514325
Gaius Julius Caesar defeated a million Gauls with his single army while outnumbered 10-1 while being surrounded on all sides by the enemy.

Ming, plz.
>>
>>76510351
Blast furnaces that produced shit tier metallurgy. Europe had the most advanced metal working by far. And yes I'm not about to admit that the wheelbarrow changed the course of history, gunpowder was not used effectively until some 300 years ago when Europeans developed the flintlock. Same with printing, their method was retarded, there is a reason that the printing press is one of the greatest inventions every made and not whatever the fuck the chinese were doing. They obviously were not printing anything at a skill worth noting otherwise the Europeans would have adopted the printing technique. There philosophy is vague, the have Confucius I'll give them that, but he just cant even compete with the Greek philosophers like Plato, Aristotle, and Socrates.
>>
>>76499788
No.

They had a civil war every 5 years.

Also, if someone believe that the chinks were more relevant than romans, just ask them: What are the most famous alphabet?
>>
>>76514466
Using shitty cannons that were not that effective. And they came to the new world just over 300 years ago where, yes, gunpowder was used effectively but that was the very start of it being anything good. You can't argue the Chinese did jack shit with gunpowder other than some fireworks or bullshit like that.
>>
>>76514466
I hate to pull a Jared Diamond here, but disease was by far the most important reason Europe won the new world with such ease. Good ships probably come second, then horses, then metal working, and then maybe gunpowder.
>>
>>76514529
>defeated a million Gauls
That's a propagandistic exageration
>>
>>76499788
This thread is full of retards. China was ahead of the west up to the 18th century.
>>
>>76514776
>And they came to the new world just over 300 years ago
>1492
it's more like 500 years, lad
>>
>>76515084
Name one Chinese scientist off the top of your head...that's what I thought.
>>
>>76514776
>Chinese did jack shit with gunpowder other than some fireworks or bullshit like that.

Stop embarrassimg yourself.
"The Chinese wasted little time in applying gunpowder to the development of weapons, and in the centuries that followed, they produced a variety of gunpowder weapons, including flamethrowers, rockets, bombs, and land mines, before inventing guns as a projectile weapon.[26] Archaeological evidence of a hand cannon has been excavated in Manchuria dated from the late 13th century[27] and the shells of explosive bombs have been discovered in a shipwreck off the shore of Japan dated from 1281, during the Mongol invasions of Japan."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunpowder#China
>>
>>76515132
And it is relevant to the Chinese how? If anything you are only arguing the point against the Chinese.
>>
File: Summer_Glau.jpg (128 KB, 288x432) Image search: [Google]
Summer_Glau.jpg
128 KB, 288x432
>>76514976
>legions literally known for btfo opposing armies ten times their size all over the known world
>totally propaganda bro, and hispania was never cucked by 4 foot tall wops and subsaharan chimps either
WE
>>
>le Rome is the greatest meme

Hannibal conquered Rome and slaughtered every man that lived in the city and took the women and children back to Africa as slaves. Sicily was a Muslim kingdom.

Europe was literally on the verge of being conquered on both sides by Muslim Arabs on the left and Asians to the east. Europe has always been destined to be conquered and destroyed and the people assimilated into the brown and Asian world.
>>
>>76515577
kek how did that end up for Carthage.
>>
>>76515263
God you're a nigger. They invented gunpowder. So what? The Roman empire is infinitely more relevant to the modern world. Most cannot give even approximate dates of the Han dynasty.
>in b4 most are retarded
They are, including you you Mongoloid
>>
File: image.jpg (235 KB, 2048x1228) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
235 KB, 2048x1228
>>76515228
I bet the chinese can name a hundred and cant name american ones.

We don't exactly consume the same media dude, idk jack shit about china besides what that jew told me in history class years ago.

But i know one thing: CHINA IS KILLIN US ON TRADE AND WERE GONNA CUT THAT OUT
>>
>>76515801
UGANDA POSTER BACK AT IT AGAIN
>>
>>76515752

The same as Europe, all of it, will end up.
>>
>>76515263
>>
>>76515371
>thinks Caesar defeated a million troop army
>In a small place such as Gaul
I bet you murrifats count troops by the number of bones a human body has
>>
>>76515801
Crossbows were also invented by chinks
>>
>some leftists
they hate everything western, of course they're gonna say stupid shit like that
>>
>>76515801
YOU HAVE BEEN VISITED

BY THE SCOLDING CHINESE MAN OF TIGHT SCHEDULES AND INCOMPETENT AFRICAN WORKERS

TRUCK FUEL AND GRAVEL WILL COME TO YOU, BUT ONLY IF YOU POST "THANK YOU, LAO YANG" IN THIS THREAD
>>
>>76516292
Again, doesnt mean shit.The question was was which has had a greater impact/is more relevant. How one can argue ancient chinks over the inventors of civics and modern administration is beyond reason
>>
What's funny is that all of the wests greatest achievements were done by Arab Muslims and Asians and all their work was stolen from other civilizations. The only reason the west dominated the world for a very, very short time that already came to an end 30 years ago was because china, Arabia, and Africa were weakened from infighting. Europe was the weakest civilization and had the weakest people which is why their women were routinely taken as sex slaves for millenia before the modern age.

What is happening to Europe today is the pendulum finally correcting itself and the ironic part is that Europeans want to and are begging to be dominated. We will oblige you.
>>
>>76517158
Not an argument, come back when you have read a book and can contribute other than maymays to the discussion
>>
>>76503296
Clearly Sarmatians
>>
>>76517894

Arabs invented civics and government.

>>76518064

Go be a nigger kaffir somewhere else.
>>
>>76518173

Slavs were slaves to China and mongols. That's why they are called Slavs.
>>
>>76517894
Without the Silk Road, Europeans would never navigate through the world, conquering subhumans like yourself.
The Renaissance was funded by merchants that used all those already cited Chinese inventions. Also, no age of Discovery without the Silk Road.

The concept of the Four Great Inventions originated from the West, and is adapted from the European intellectual and rhetorical commonplace of the Three Great (or, more properly, Greatest) Inventions. This commonplace spread rapidly throughout Europe in the 16th century and was appropriated only in recent times by Chinese scholars. The origin of the Three Great Inventions—these being the printing press, firearms, and the nautical compass—was originally ascribed to Europe, and specifically to Germany in the case of the printing press and firearms. These inventions were a badge of honor to modern Europeans, who proclaimed that there was nothing to equal them among the ancient Greeks and Romans. After reports by Portuguese sailors and Spanish missionaries began to filter back to Europe beginning in the 1530s, the notion that these inventions had existed for centuries in China took hold. By 1620, when Francis Bacon wrote in his Instauratio magna that "printing, gunpowder, and the nautical compass . . . have altered the face and state of the world: first, in literary matters; second, in warfare; third, in navigation," this was hardly an original idea to most learned Europeans.[7]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Great_Inventions

Paper money was also a Chinese invention.
>>
>>76503714
How do I catch up on history..my school education was apparently shit
>>
>>76499788
No and no.
>>
>>76515371
>Subsaharian
They were North african. Not even arabs. They weren't niggers.
Search battle of Covadonga. It is said that Pelayo defeated a force of 100000 with 300 men. Just with terrain advantage.
>>
File: 1373606862590.jpg (74 KB, 560x451) Image search: [Google]
1373606862590.jpg
74 KB, 560x451
Name a single invention of roman empire that is as relevant as gunpower, compas, paper or printing
>>
>>76519525
aqueduct
>>
>>76519596
He said relevant
>>
>>76519596
>aqueduct
>Although particularly associated with the Romans, aqueducts were used as early as the seventth century BCE, when the Assyrians built an 80 km long limestone aqueduct, which included a 10 m high section to cross a 300 m wide valley, to carry water to their capital city, Nineveh.[3]
>>
>>76499788
was that the mongol one and if so wasnt the khanate basically the entire asian super contineant? And wasn't there free trade and freedom of religion within the khanate? pretty sure that was more relevant than the romans and chinks
>>
>>76519596
Even Pre Columbian monkeys built that shit.
>>
>>76502565
You built a wall of poo ?
>>
>>76500456
Pax Ching Chong ding dong
>>
>>76520030
It also barely lasted 80 years, was fractured as fuck from the beginning, and only mattered during the time of Genghis.
>>
>>76499788
Was Han China stronger than the Romans? Nah, Rome was one of the most impressive military powers to ever exist. Was It more relevant? Maybe, depends on how you want to measure that.
>>
File: 17ivczre2f2jqjpg.jpg (56 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
17ivczre2f2jqjpg.jpg
56 KB, 636x358
>Printing technique, gunpowder
If you really think thse thinks are as important as the Mediterranean knowledge, you are really delusional
The Ancient Greeks created the scientific method, they were the first people with an outstanding theoretical thought
Everything the human being created till than was more or less based on random engineering
Mediterraneans like Greeks or Egyptians were the first one to study the complexity of the physical law, I mean they operated with goddamn steam engines, magnetism or complex mechanical constructions
Thread replies: 249
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.