[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just randomly used Google Street Maps for Warsaw. Why do Poles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7
File: Poland 1.jpg (368 KB, 1318x1134) Image search: [Google]
Poland 1.jpg
368 KB, 1318x1134
I just randomly used Google Street Maps for Warsaw. Why do Poles let their beautiful buildings detoriate?
>>
because they are too busy cleaning english toilets.
>>
File: Poland 2.jpg (334 KB, 1220x1079) Image search: [Google]
Poland 2.jpg
334 KB, 1220x1079
>>
Bump, or do you Poles think this thread is answered well enough by the first post?
>>
>>76419116
Because those kinds of buildings are common all over and the owner isn't in an economic situation to pay for repairs?
Just a guess.
>>
File: 1465256915178.jpg (240 KB, 400x1000) Image search: [Google]
1465256915178.jpg
240 KB, 400x1000
>>76419116
>>
>>76419116
Why you keep this retarded hate against Poland?
Have we raped your mother or something?

We cannot fix all shit all the time, but we keep on fixing. Your cherrypicked images prove only that Koszykowa street in Warsaw could use a remake.
Try Kraków
>>
>>76419116
I don't know the exact reason, but I'm assuming the situation is similar as here - with public buildings, there just isn't enough money to keep everything up, renovations take time and only a select few buildings can be redone by the local governments a year.
For privately owned buildings - same, owners either don't have the money, and here for example when there is a common ownership of a building it's hard to get everybody to agree on how much to spend or when to spend.
So after all, it boils down to money issues, which I'm pretty sure you knew already, but went ahead and made a thread anyway.
>>
>>76420788
So you had the funds to build such beautiful buildings back then, but you are now to poor to maintain them?
>>
>>76422527
norway

2, max 3 historical city with old buildings

poland

hundreds of cities, towns with prussian heritage, habsburg, polish etc
It is impossible to renew all from 2004(euro monies :3)
>>
>>76420918
Why do you intepret anything as hate? I have had nothing like this on my mind. I was just interested why Poland would let such beautiful buildings detoriate. It is a shame in my opinion. I think Poles should ask themselves the same question.
>>
>>76422608
But why are you so poor in comparison to your past? I mean building is only a fraction of costs compared to maintaining it, and back then you also had not even modern technologies such as construction cranes.
>>
>>76422527
That's what 50 years of communism and being insolated from the western european trade and development, and then the sudden turn back to the international free market does.
>>
File: krk.jpg (434 KB, 1280x854) Image search: [Google]
krk.jpg
434 KB, 1280x854
>>76423208
no one cared before 2004

but today most have been renovated i think
>>
>>76421827
Well, I hope your country will more develop and have more funds to preserve your beautiful architecture
>>
>>76420918
Hmm, Eastern Europeans with an inferiority complex? Nothing new.
>>
File: STREETVIEW.png (2 MB, 2084x1566) Image search: [Google]
STREETVIEW.png
2 MB, 2084x1566
>>76419116
>>
File: Krakow_kazimierz_1983.jpg (2 MB, 1643x1080) Image search: [Google]
Krakow_kazimierz_1983.jpg
2 MB, 1643x1080
>>76419116
>Why do Poles let their beautiful buildings detoriate?
tl;dr - communism

Most of the real estate was nationalised, resources were allocated to construction of cheap housing (commie blocks). Upkeep of existing buildings had very low priority. Currently we're working on fixing 50 years of neglect.
>>
File: Szeroka,_Krak%C3%B3w,_2009[1].jpg (2 MB, 2544x1696) Image search: [Google]
Szeroka,_Krak%C3%B3w,_2009[1].jpg
2 MB, 2544x1696
>>76424894
>>
>>76419116
Belgrade is like this. It has many beautiful buildings, but they are all neglected and fucked up
>>
>>76424894
What do you think about the following, Poles?

Let skilled Whites immigrate to your country who are anti-refugee, at the same time refuse anyone to enter your country who was a 'refugees' welcome clapper. This way you get capital into your country from people who are loyal to your course of politics, while you weaken the countries from where they come from.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_capital_flight

Also, make the stay of all non-whites in your country very uncomfortable to send out a message!
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.