[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Brexit theory
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: cameroon.jpg (47 KB, 650x701) Image search: [Google]
cameroon.jpg
47 KB, 650x701
So my Dad just came up with this theory and I want you guys to analyse it.

>David Cameron, the head of the remain campaign, wants a 52-55% leave majority vote.

The reason he wants this is because it will allow him to go to Brussels in a formal capacity and say "we want to leave" which will force the EU to give him the concessions he wanted the last time, but won't pressure him to up and leave entirely.
The EU doesn't want Britain to leave because if it does, it'll open the flood gates and other countries will follow.

This only works because he's the leader of the remain side, because it says to people "I don't want to leave, but that's what the people voted for" and allows him to try and come to a compromise.
If Britain votes to leave and Cameron comes back from Brussels with everything he wants, he'll be a goddamn hero.

This is why Cameron has allowed the Leave campaigners to say stupid shit like;

"The EU doesn't allow banana bunches bigger than three - Boris Johnson"
> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/17/boris-johnson-accused-of-making-it-up-as-he-goes-along-after-cla/

and
"Vote Leave or you'll get raped - Niggle Farridge"
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36455766

What do you guys think?
>>
>>76304289
i dunno... i dont think cameron is smart enough for that. Besides, a stay against a majority vote is pretty much going to cause shit anyway.
>>
>>76304289
It falls apart where Cameron somehow gets to "allow" Leave campaigners anything. Nothing indicates he truly has control over what's happening. Now, if this -is- the plan and/or how he rolls with it, props to him. But I'm not sure if it's wise to believe this.
>>
Are you saying that even if you vote to leave, Dave still has any power to not leave?
>>
>>76304690
This is referendum, not a staight stay or leave vote. If we vote leave, we're not out just like that; it just means that's what the people voted for.
>>
>>76304690
the referendum is not legally binding I believe
>>
>>76304289

I thought the referendum itself was the compromise. What standing does (((David Cameron))) have to negotiate if he loses? Would he also compromise if Remain wins?
>>
>>76304690
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/eu-referendum-mps-may-push-to-keep-uk-in-european-single-market-despite-brexit-vote-a7067056.html
>>
File: offs.jpg (34 KB, 350x401) Image search: [Google]
offs.jpg
34 KB, 350x401
>>76304812
>>
>>76304289

If leave wins, cameron is 99% gonna be forced to step down.

The part about not leaving but negotiating again is probably very likely, but people who voted leave will see this as a betrayal, and the new conservative leader will get fucked next election.
>>
Nah, you're getting the fuck out and paying out the ass for it.
>>
>>76304812
so you guys are here forever
>>
>>76305123
That's where only having Leave win by a slight margin comes in; to not have as big of a backlash if it does go to shit afterwards.

I don't believe any of this theory really, I just thought it was interesting that My dad came out with this in the middle of a mouthful of spaghetti.
>>
Realistically if Britain leaves they will probably be stuck in the Norway position, which translates to "all of the cuck, none of the fuck"
>>
>>76305553

After voting to leave, the UK has a 2 year timeline in which to negotiate how a post membership UK-EU deal will look like. After this the Brits vote on the new deal and whether to truly step out of the union.

The likely case is that after the 2 years, a shitty deal will be presented (UK and EU on purpose making it shit), which the voters will reject. The UK is likely to get a few concessions in order to do the shitty deal, which is all the voters will be left with once this ordeal is over.
>>
>>76306102

This is also why Cameron will be forced to step down. Can't have a pro EU guy do the deal, people will know it's a fix.
>>
>>76306102

>2 years to cram in as many Muslims as they can before voting again to confirm that the people want what they said they want

Democracy is a joke.
>>
>>76305092
That's logical. Leaving Single Market would destroy UK as 50% of its exports go to EU.
>>
>>76304289
>"Vote Leave or you'll get raped - Niggle Farridge"
Great, prepare for a massive vote to remain from the female population.
>>
>>76306926
Free Will is a myth
We are all pawns controlled by something greater
Memes
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.