[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats the difference between religion and liking LOTR there both
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: JAJAJA.jpg (96 KB, 547x330) Image search: [Google]
JAJAJA.jpg
96 KB, 547x330
Whats the difference between religion and liking LOTR there both made up fairy tales.
>>
File: tip of the cap.jpg (99 KB, 900x1344) Image search: [Google]
tip of the cap.jpg
99 KB, 900x1344
>>76255490
THANK YOU FOR OPENING MY EYES
>>
>>76255490

Lord of the Rings is an apologetic work you twat.
>>
>>76255594
not an argument
>>
>>76255644
how so. Ive never read it. Im not a nerd.
>>
>>76255490

LOTR is largely based on the pagan Icelandic Poetic Eddas and thus on spiritual texts.

That being said, there's no difference at all.
>>
>>76255681
Tolkien was a devout Catholic.
>>
>>76255729
So why do you have religion when you could be on /tv/ discussing kino and watching flicks. Its the religion of the modern man. More laughs, more lessons, more fun.
>>
>>76255490
LotR is presented as fiction and not intended to be used as guidance for daily living. Religious texts are the opposite.

EZPZ
>>
>>76255655

Not an original reply. Go back to /r/atheism, you mincing queer.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIKKZjpAA0M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXAvF9p8nmM
>>
>>76255865
>mincing queer

but thats what you are anon
>>
>>76255935
I literally don't have time to watch these
>>
>>76255490
LOTR was based on Scientology. The ring was an allegory for your soul being murdered in a Volcano by the jews.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.