[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When will pol realize faith alone is what matters.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
File: 19273410247921.jpg (76 KB, 410x600) Image search: [Google]
19273410247921.jpg
76 KB, 410x600
When will pol realize faith alone is what matters.
>>
>>76235173
when god comes to earth and proves himself.
>>
on the clouds where every eye shall see
>>
>implying faith without works
>>
>>76235338
>assuming god is a being
>assuming you or any of us are able to comprehend absolutely who AND what god is.

>>76235173
but do you really know what it means to believe in Christ?
>>
>>76235657

>but do you really know what it means to believe in Christ?

yes i have been gifted faith in the lord my God Jesus.

>>76235338

He doesn't have to prove anything. The mere sight of the Lord is enough to turn men pale
>>
>>76235657
>who
It can be a person? Cool. Like who?
>>
>>76235657
Can't comprehend what doesn't exist, now can you?
>>
>>76236084

>Can't comprehend what doesn't exist, now can you?

oh hi mr know it all
>>
>>76236084
Everyone knows God exists
>>
>>76235931
Grace through faith
>>
>>76235657
To trust and be loyal
>>
When faith gets me a job the uses my skills I was trained for.

God, or rather humans, seems to hate me, but don't worry, Jesus told me to respond with love.
>>
>>76236993
Pray
>>
>>76235981

all of us. everyone who believes in doing the right thing. anyone who believes in sharing love( not the sexual kind of love...)be it atheist, muslim, or buddhist. If you put others before yourself. you are doing what god wants you to do.
think of it this way: why do something if you dont believe it? why waste your time? if you dont believe in doing the right thing then why are you doing it? it makes no sense?

the only reason you are having a hard time grasping this idea is because you and all of us were conditioned throughout the years to believe some all mighty "being" is going to "let his followers into heaven" and "throw the rest into hell" and believing that heaven is this mystical place in the clouds where we grow wings and do whatever we want and hell is this fiery inferno. heaven isnt a metaphysical place existing outside our physical observable universe. neither is hell.

>>76235931
so i can be a pedo and rape kids all day but as long as i believe in god im a-okay?
>>
>>76237072
You don't understand regeneration/ irresistible grace
>>
>>76235338
He already did by giving you to us. God's gift to all mankind.
>>
>>76237352
I wouldn't say all of mankind, but his believers/sheep
>>
File: 1456290177796.jpg (320 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1456290177796.jpg
320 KB, 1280x720
>>76237464
faggot
>>
>>76237644
Read John 6:37
>>
>>76237150
If someone doesnt believe in God they are damning themselves. not some being who we call "god". they chose the wrong path and got so lost not even our Father is able to save them anymore.

God is love. he wants you to love. raping a fucking child is not love even if the rapist strongly believes in his mind that it is.

irresistable grace exists im not saying it doesnt but is not easy to give or to receive and it has to come from us. your'e just making it sound like youre justifying pedophilia as long as that rapist simply says "I believe in god!" and sheds a few fake tears for emotion.

if the rapist decides to confess his sins? well thats a different story now. but he better not be a lil bitch about it and go to some random bishop in a church in a confession box and confess to some dude who only cares about whats for dinner. that rapist better fucking walk up to the father and the victim and beg for forgiveness and acceptance. If he is granted forgiveness it means a lot for both sides. and i think thats how god would rather have it.

like i said i dont fully comprehend god myself but the more i think about it the more i have to realize that its not God who we need to trust and love. Our love towards our father and creator should be a natural thing. There should be no reason to question gods love for us. it should be automatic like a beating heart or breathing. What we should be doing in fact is trusting and being loyal to one another here on earth. because thats the problem weve been having throughout history no? wars n shit? violence towards us and others?
>>
>>76237072
HERETIC!

But that's OK, I'm an atheist. I do consider myself a moral person. Because I have a certain selflessness. I'm just one person, mostly driven by biological impulses. Focusing only on me would feel pointless in the end. Like being enslaved to your own self. I would rather accomplish constructive things. I'm not on a mission or anything (far from it), but I don't need a god to be moral. I have weed.
>>
File: 1452409430398.jpg (44 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1452409430398.jpg
44 KB, 640x360
>>76237699
You're a faggot too.
>>
>>76235338

By then it will be too late for you.
>>
>>76237072

If you rape kids you don't truly believe. That's the point.
>>
why would anyone wnat to be a calvinist. Denying free will as a doctrine is christian functional nihilism. Catholic doctrine is best doctrine. Fuck off shills.

Now I'm going to free willingly drink my ass off and you'll can be baptists about it
>>
>>76235173
>faith alone
14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,

16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?

17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?

26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
>>
>>76238394
>I dont need "A" god
its like your implying theres more than one magical being that lives in the sky

dont think of it that way. its hard to explain but god is god. no one can be god. but hes also inside all of us.

you are a person of morals who has a certain selflessness. that right there in itself makes you a believer in god. not "A" god. just, God.

> Focusing only on me would feel pointless in the end. Like being enslaved to your own self.

holy shit this gets me. its so crazy to see an atheist making so much more sense than a catholic or whatever. where as some self annointed christian always quotes some ambiguous verse from the bible to back his point. but what gets me is that atheists will better understand god sometimes than some believers yet that atheist still cant realize that hes been doing it right all along and his search for some other universal truth is completely pointless.
>>
>>76235173
>I just mugged a liquor store and killed everyone inside but I still have faith that God exists

6/8 bait
>>
>>76238273
This

The universe is the mind of God; we are humans imbibed with the consciousness of God's mind. To not believe in God is, in my opinion, fucking stupid. We are God.

If you don't believe in God, can you believe in yourself?
>>
File: 1464283791750.png (181 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1464283791750.png
181 KB, 800x600
>>76235173
KEK GET
>>
>>76238563

this
>>
>>76238563
Are you claiming to know when God's coming to Earth?
>>
File: 1455387142374.jpg (93 KB, 499x668) Image search: [Google]
1455387142374.jpg
93 KB, 499x668
>>76239353
God is not responsible for your actions. You alone are responsible for them. That's the point of free will. You make your choices and have to live with them, the good and the bad.

Everything is balanced. A life ends and a life begins 24/7 for all eternity. God thinks of the truly long term how every piece on the board moves. What seems evil today may save billions a few centuries from now. God is ageless and sees beyond the mortal coil. Humans are short lived and thus destructive,impatient and foolish. Most are incapable of seeing beyond their own concerns but God sees everything and every possible choice of every possible life and hopes the men and women of this planet he made, make the right choices but cannot directly interfere. The burden He bears is crushing and makes our own problems look insignificant and temporary.

I'd give God a hug for that alone.
>>
>>76235173
I agree it is the endpill because the common masses require a perfect entity that espouses fundamentally productive morals because "staying good" of your own volition requires people to think about their actions and take responsibility, so even though its all a story, Christianity is a good tool for the West to stay productive.
>>
>>76240384

nobody know the time or the hour when he will return but it has been suggested to be year 2239/3239 or Hebrew year 6000-7000 since it is known that he will establish a millennium kingdom on earth lasting 1000 years thus earth will cease to be in the year 7000-8000 being that 7 is the day of completion of a week and the last 7th day the Sabbath or Saturday is known to be the Lords day. the number 8 also symbolizes perfection.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_6000
>>
Can someone make another Christian General?
>>
>>76240506
its that ego. the mindset that somehow other people and earthly things belong to them and not god.

>The burden He bears is crushing and makes our own problems look insignificant and temporary.
I'd give God a hug for that alone.
fuck yeah
>>
>>76239254
>not "A" god. just, God.
Yeah.. that's a key point with the abrahamic religions I gather. I understand that this has large implications for the whole philosophy behind them... But I'm really not very very knowledgeable about religion desu. I have never had any kind of religious education; I pretty much know nothing of the specifics.

But I got to say, I agree with christian values, mostly. I can rationalize them to some extent, but I don't really need to; I see that it is important for a people to have shared values. So that they can get along, understand each others, and work together with common purpose. I hate how the christian values are going away. Atheists don't realize what cultures are made of. Soon money will be our only institution left.

>holy shit this gets me.

Hey, glad to hear that.

I would add that, for me at least, looking at and thinking about the earth, or the cosmos even, is much more inspiring than looking at society. The world is huge. Individually we are insignificant. We don't have all that much control over our fate. We will all die. The world will go on without us. But none of these things should be scaring us so much. They shouldn't scare us AT ALL. They just mean that we have higher purposes. Your survival instincts will always drive you towards being selfish, and seek pleasure, etc (but one also has to reconcile its relationship with them). But as a species, we have pretty much gotten as good at surviving as we can get. Consciousness may be just an accident of nature, but we have pretty much mastered nature, and thankfully it is also what will be giving us our next purposes.

In its current state, society is just encouraging people to be driven by instincts. We're in a state of "anomie". Consumerism and leisure are our purposes. It is turning us into narcissists and nihilists. It is very difficult for people to find other purposes. This is by design. Selfishness makes people controllable and predictable.
>>
>>76239150
Mind hitting me up with a source for that scripture, brother?
>>
>>76243681
>But I'm really not very very knowledgeable about religion desu. I have never had any kind of religious education;

bro fuck religion. anything with a tag or fucking label or name. its all bullshit designed to confuse and distract us. i dont believe in abrahamic religions. what happened in abrahams time can stay there. it doesnt concern us here in 2016. the only thing that has any impact on us direclty is our love and trust for each other. cuz thats the only thing that matters in this present life we were given right?

>I pretty much know nothing of the specifics.
you are so contradictory you dont even realize it. its hilarious how you say this then go on to write a whole paragraph that says other wise. the specifics that you are looking for, the knowledge you are seeking you already have! you just outlined it in your second paragraph. everything about

>Individually we are insignificant. We don't have all that much control over our fate. We will all die. The world will go on without us. But none of these things should be scaring us so much. They shouldn't scare us AT ALL. They just mean that we have higher purposes. Your survival instincts will always drive you towards being selfish, and seek pleasure, etc (but one also has to reconcile its relationship with them). But as a species, we have pretty much gotten as good at surviving as we can get. Consciousness may be just an accident of nature, but we have pretty much mastered nature, and thankfully it is also what will be giving us our next purposes:

id like to think that this is on point. keep this attitude no matter how hard. youre doing it right and have nothing to worry about. we will all be rewarded for it one day hopefully.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.