[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it that people have "respect" for people who
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: yeah_why.jpg (86 KB, 292x432) Image search: [Google]
yeah_why.jpg
86 KB, 292x432
Why is it that people have "respect" for people who believe in God or Allah, but finds it funny and laughs at people who believe in Odin and Thor?

Is it wrong of me to think that's funny? That people finds it funny?
>>
it's because 99% of "neopagans* are larping retarded faggot degenerates who only embarrass themselves by trying to practice this religion, which they get completely wrong and project a bunch of hilarious biases onto (they basically "practice" it by acting out a Christian negative caricature of it and by using Christian attitudes toward nature, toward metaphysics, and toward what a god is and does)

virtually all neopaganism, including most practiced forms of Asatru, are derived from 1800's occult magik practices and Wicca anyway. They need some real scholars and theologians to work out a new attitude towards it that makes sense in the modern world. "Reconstruction" is really just "reenactment"
>>
>>76210675
oh, and another mistake they make is trying to be "tribal". Tribalism is dead in that sense. Just because you hang out once a month and drink out of horns doesn't make you a "tribe", it makes you a "club". A more realistic method IMO would be to build semi-public shrines
>>
>>76210400
Because muslims kill people who insult them
>>
>>76211054

People have respect for buddhists and hinduists too...

If people met a buddhist or a hinduist IRL they would threat them with respect (yeah you too), but if they met a guy who believed in Odin they would just laugh.... why is that? Doesn't make sense at all
>>
numbers
>>
>>76210400
Do you have any evidence that shows that actually happening?

I wouldn't think there would be anyone worshipping old norse gods other than autistic fantasy spurgs
>>
>>76211736
this

in Iceland it is the second biggest religion, and they are actually quite popular/have a good reputation. I think a lot of Icelandic celebrities are involved too
>>
>>76212163
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%81satr%C3%BAarf%C3%A9lagi%C3%B0
>>
>>76212163
>I wouldn't think there would be anyone worshipping old norse gods other than autistic fantasy spurgs

Couldn't you say that for any religion really?

Like this:
"I wouldn't think there would be anyone worshipping god or allah (same god really) other than autistic fantasy spurgs"
>>
>>76211736
Best answer (we must have given you good genes)

(lol)
>>
File: c6kATpj.jpg (664 KB, 1500x1092) Image search: [Google]
c6kATpj.jpg
664 KB, 1500x1092
>>
File: iceland1.jpg (268 KB, 1051x917) Image search: [Google]
iceland1.jpg
268 KB, 1051x917
>>76212205

Yeah, it's growing. Sometime in the future it will be the only world religion.
>>
>>76213825
kek, that headline is so off. They try to be open and accepting of different interpretations but atheists are so quick to say "so you don't REALLY believe this, right?"
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.