[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Antidepressants
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 11
File: zoloft.jpg (142 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
zoloft.jpg
142 KB, 620x372
What do you think /pol/? Practical solution to a mood disorder that's ultimately a chemical imbalance? Or just a way to numb the genuine misery of leading a spiritually empty life?
>>
>>76142039
the so called mood disorder induced by chemical imbalance is a sign that you have to eat, rest, work out properly. and it will take time to recover.

(((anti depressants))) is shortcut to numb, not to cure.
>>
>>76142039
>tfw 4chan is actually causing your depression

just turn off the computer senpai
>>
>>76142039
I recommend against them personally. Having taken them i had some fucked up side effects such as short and long ter memory loss, drastic mood swings, and erectile dysfunction.

I recommend going to the gym and working out and getting out more
>>
>>76142039
>ultimately a chemical imbalance
Wew led. Better up the dopamine cause that's true concentrated happiness right there. Ignoring the fact that we all have different brain chemistry so finding a norm, let alone an imbalance of a norm, for your brain is pretty ridiculous. Psychologists are not neuroscientists and they're just jewing you with a pill that will make your life worse and require more follow up visits $$$. I'm sorry you lack the willpower and determination to fix your life so you've succumbed to blaming things that are outside of your control. What a shallow existence.
>>
>>76143140
(((jew))) detected
>>
>>76143140
This, but that's the hard part.
>>
>>76142039
>Practical solution to a mood disorder that's ultimately a chemical imbalance?

fuck off with the estrogenic compounds
>>
Tell me OP, what kind of test is given to determine a chemical imbalance?
>>
>chemical imbalance

This is an unproven hypothesis.

There is no physical test on Earth to prove whether or not someone has a "chemical imbalance" in their brain.

There is no proof at all that mind-altering psychiatric drugs are correcting a "chemical imbalance".

It has been pushed as if it's a fact by pharmaceutical companies and psychiatry, while the reality is that it's pseudoscience.
>>
>>76142039
I would never take that shit. I would prefer to use alcohol and videogames than that. I can easily see myself getting addicted to this kind of shit.
>>
>>76143585
I sell pills so I got a scrip for xanax and focalin by circling smiley faces on a piece of paper. I make about 1 grand a month flipping them, don't even pay for health insurance thanks to Obama tax subsudies.
If you aren't scamming psychiatrists for easy access to drugs to sell you are retarded
>>
Antidepressants are helpful. They aid people with crippling depression in situations where one can't pull themselves out of without aid. The numbness can be a more enjoyable state than being insanely sad. These situations might be really hard to understand fully with people without severe depression. Usually the well informative psychiatrists find depression more complicated than just a chemical imbalance, so they will usually say that antidepressants are an aid, not a solution.

That said I find that the information about SSRIs withdrawals for example aren't spoked about enough. It's a bitch to go through. The withdrawal doesn't come to the majority, but a good portion of people experience it. It makes starting and quitting the drug much more of a commitment which can be hard for many. These withdrawals come as a surprise to many who tried antidepressants.
>>
If you don't sleep, eat healthy, take care of your teeth, and manage your stress your body gets fucked. It happened to me and I got scared so I starting doing those things and my life improved tremendously.
>>
>>76143226
Then boredom strikes
>>
>>76143554
either you do the hard path or throwing you (((money))) away for the (((easy))) path.

chemical imbalance is a clear sign, your body is trying to tell you not to be a faggot.
>>
If you have to use an antidepressant use Wellbutrin. Everything else is the tranquilizing Jew. It's like always being on low dose cocaine.

Will easily get you more interested in things than you would without.
>>
File: cop.jpg (56 KB, 960x541) Image search: [Google]
cop.jpg
56 KB, 960x541
>>76143463
> I'm sorry you lack the willpower and determination to fix your life so you've succumbed to blaming things that are outside of your control.

That's very generalizing. I take them because they help me fix the problems and I slowly take less and less as time goes on. I started on a high dose and went to a therapist 3 years ago, now I don't go to a therapist and take 10MG
>>
>>76142039
Blue pills in actual pill form
>>
File: 1464688869875.png (444 KB, 1139x358) Image search: [Google]
1464688869875.png
444 KB, 1139x358
>>76142039

Depression is real, and these treatments are indeed effective. The problem is that the condition is over-diagnosed and these medications are over-prescribed.

>My wife and children died in a fire. I am sad.

>LOOKS LIKE YOU NEED MEDS!

wat.
>>
>>76142039
Depression is nature's way of making useless people kill themselves. I used to be depressed but I realized it was because I was a lazy shit. Guess what I started working hard and stopped playing video games and wallah I'm no longer depressed.
>>
File: 1461728790626.png (417 KB, 540x533) Image search: [Google]
1461728790626.png
417 KB, 540x533
>>76145935

Clinical depression is more than just feeling sad and having low self-esteem while you chase after your pleasures for a few years.

You weren't depressed, you were just a shit person.
>>
>>76143515
yeah a jew would definitely tell you to fix your shitty habits and not try to sell you overpriced pharmaceuticals instead, you dense retard.
>>
>>76146069
Being a shit person is what makes people depressed.
>>
>>76142039
A genuine solution with dangerous side effects to a disorder that occurs less severely and in less people than it is given to.

The results? A shit ton of druggies and miss misdiagnoses resulting in widespread abuse, with a small population actually enjoying the benefits of a body with regular chemical balances.
>>
File: 1462348384260.png (464 KB, 854x439) Image search: [Google]
1462348384260.png
464 KB, 854x439
>>76146206
>Being a shit person is what makes people depressed.

wat.
>>
File: CaO1TljW0AAYOhs.jpg (47 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
CaO1TljW0AAYOhs.jpg
47 KB, 500x500
I was on venlafaxine for a year, it helped me realize that my depressed state was just my own brain warping reality, and it wasn't so bad.
It's like doggy paddling in the ocean for 20 years when someone throws you some driftwood for a bit.
The long term effects of SSRIs are pretty nasty/unknown (it killed my dick temporarily) and I quit the drug.
Now I manage pretty well just be lifting and eating/sleeping consistently - balance. Don't stay up too late, go to bed at the same time, wake up at the same time, 1-2 cups cofee max etc.

All that lifestyle stuff really does help. You learn to separate the temporary feelings of despondency and a few hours later they are gone.
>>
>>76146383
Ever wonder why depression is a relatively recent epidemic? It's caused by laziness. 200+ years ago you couldn't be lazy or you would starve to death. Ever wonder why slaves didn't just commit suicide in droves? They weren't depressed. Literally The most oppressed groups of people to ever live weren't depressed because at least they had jobs.
>>
I'm on Zoloft atm.

Feel a little numb, yes. But I am getting out more, rather than being a total shut in. Getting in better shape as well (wasn't fat in the first place).

Of course, being a friendless virgin makes things tough, and I doubt I'll ever have sex, but I just try to keep going, though the future still seems hopeless.
>>
>>76143140
Thank you wise Pokeball. Working out helps out tremendously, you just got to find what you enjoy the most so you can stick to it easily, (running, cycling, boxing, lifting).
>>
Literally based on meme science. Helps some people, but not as many as you're led to believe, although they're absolutely necessary for extreme cases (psychosis, manic episodes). Marketed as if it's just like taking insulin for diabetes.
>>
>>76143140
redpill
>>
>>76146069
These comics cure my depression
>>
File: depression.png (426 KB, 822x422) Image search: [Google]
depression.png
426 KB, 822x422
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O85H5apA2ns
>>
File: 1464499073659.jpg (73 KB, 640x624) Image search: [Google]
1464499073659.jpg
73 KB, 640x624
>>76146791
yet another mapleleaf talking shit he knows nothing about

>although they're absolutely necessary for extreme cases (psychosis, manic episodes)
antipsychotics are used for acute psychosis you pleb. mood stabilisers are used for acute mania, and for maintenance therapy.
>>
File: 1438311475325.jpg (2 MB, 3130x2075) Image search: [Google]
1438311475325.jpg
2 MB, 3130x2075
>>76142039
>>76142039
Antidepressants are for the Rick Kendricks of the world: closeted manlets too gay and weak to exist without a powerful psychiatric cocktail. Cocksucking Mason poseur kooks, in other words.
>>
>>76147242
They're different drugs but based on similar principles, which is why I lumped them together. Antipsychotics, mood stabilisers, and antidepressants are given for a variety of conditions. I know, because I've had them prescribed for major depression. Eli Lilly settled a lawsuit in 2009 for 1.42 billion because they illegally marketed Zyprexa for off-label use for the treatment of dementia. Antipsychotics are even being prescribed for ADD:

http://www.webmd.com/add-adhd/news/20150701/are-too-many-young-americans-getting-antipsychotics-for-adhd
>>
Although personally quite opposed to SSRI use, I'm not that passionate about it.

I'm very vehement about eliminating prescription of SSRIs or other psychotropic drugs to minors. You can't fucking load up a developing brain with pharmaceutical cocktails and expect to know just what the fuck is going to happen. Far too many prescriptions are given to correct behavior issues stemming from shit parenting or shit luck.

I'm also in my pseudoscience undergraduate and hope to fill a needed niche of an individualist with right-wing tendencies in the role of therapist or counselor. Christ, I hope I don't end up an abject failure.
>>
>>76147741
>They're different drugs but based on similar principles, which is why I lumped them together

Antipsychotics block dopamine receptors in the dopaminergic pathways of the brain, particularly the limic system which is associated with psychosis.

Mood stabilisers generally alter cell membrane polarity in order to reduce electrical potentiation and frequency of nerve cell action, thereby reducing the overall activity of overactive neural systems.

Antidepressants block serotonin and/or noradrenaline reuptake into axon terminals in order to increase the concentration of said neurotransmitters in synapses.

They are not based on similar principles at all. I've been prescribed SSRIs and SNRIs for major depression as well. And I damn well needed them. Behaviours, lifestyle and physical activity all contribute towards mood, and if the education system actually did something it would teach kids how to live in order to not get depression. But there are a subset of people who are in a hole so deep they require a pill to kick them up the arse and allow them to ability to pull themselves up.

>Eli Lilly settled a lawsuit in 2009 for 1.42 billion because they illegally marketed Zyprexa for off-label use for the treatment of dementia
What point are you trying to make? Does that in any way affect the use of psychotropic medications when they're actually indicated?

The only point I can see you making is that shitty doctors are prescribing medications incorrectly. They should know better, but that doesn't change the fact that some drugs really are required in certain situations.
>>
I used to think I was depressed, too. Turns out I was actually just sleeping like shit because I was working crazy hours at two awful low-paying jobs and living at home.

I got a real job making good money and moved out, now the only things that get me depressed are the Jewish global hegemony and the deliberate destruction of the white race.
>>
>>76148156
I was loaded with high dosages of powerful anti-psychotics and anti-depressants as a kid. They took away my ability to feel empathy, and I was kind of a jerk to begin with. I stopped taking them, and now my mind is sharper but I still have no empathy. Strange what a pill can do.
>>
>>76143821
THIS

psychiatrist are now saying that antidepressant are only slightly for moderate to severe depression.
>>
>>76148769
r you shure you're not just a sociopath?
>>
>>76148975
Eh. I'm fairly sure I am one of those.
>>
>>76142039
I get nauseous even seeing a picture of those.
>>
>>76148769
I'm sorry that happened to you, man.

Of course it does absolutely nothing for you to know that I regret that situation for you, nor does it do anything for you to know that I'd dearly like to see the medical """professionals""" responsible hung and gibbeted for damaging a sentient being's mind and profiting from it.

Even so, I'm sorry, man.
>>
>>76142039
Speaking from experiance its just a way to numb the genuine misery of leading a spiritually empty life.
>>
>>76148769
Sounds psychopathic senpai.

I'm still massively depressed. I was just reminiscing over my time in school. My life wasn't great then but it's got far worse since, at least then I had structure and some friends, now I have nothing. I think it's better if I die alone.
>>
File: huxley.jpg (119 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
huxley.jpg
119 KB, 500x500
>>76142039
YOU DIDN'T LISTEN
>>
>>76143140

/thread
>>
File: 1449503574676.jpg (26 KB, 551x550) Image search: [Google]
1449503574676.jpg
26 KB, 551x550
>>76145935
>wallah
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.