[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Puerto Rico
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: Flag_of_Puerto_Rico.svg.png (42 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_Puerto_Rico.svg.png
42 KB, 2000x1333
Fellow burgers, should Puerto Rico be a state?

Why or why not?
>>
They need to pay their fucking denmbts first
>>
No, they speak Spanish and would vote Democrat

Puerto Rico and Cuba should ally to make the Caribbean Great Again
>>
>>76057876
They probably only have shat up their economy because theyre not a state and have no skin in the game.

>>76057992
I think it was a fuck up to ever let Cuba go independant. (Obviously)

If Puerto Rico had to revert to english do you think they should be a state?
>>
>>76058135
There would be use of Puerto Rico.

No.
Puerto Ricans should preserve their culture from Americans and Puerto Ricans in general want to be Indepedent from the US. The only reason they're still with the US is because of their debt.
>>
>>76058287
>Puerto Ricans in general want to be Indepedent from the US
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puerto_Rican_status_referendum,_2012
>>
>>76057846
No, we have enough Mexicans as it is.
>>
>>76057846
personally i think we could do it fairly easily. what's wrong with having a slightly shittier, but much closer, Hawaii?

besides, a state can still maintain a fair amount of independence (Hawaii, for instance, for better or worse).

i think the BIGGEST problem with any additional states BY FAR, is the fact that 51 is a shit number and 50 is a great number.

What two states would be merged to allow for Puerto Rico? Is there really a big difference between north and south dakota?
>>
>>76057992
I've been there before, pretty much everyone is bilingual
>>
>>76058448
>statehood 61.1%

sounds like they do
>>
>>76058881
I think Jefferson should break off from California and we could have 52.
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>76057846
Cut'em the fuck loose and let them drown. I've lived in that shit hole for far longer then I could ever thought possible. All stupid, all corrupt... They are salt water Mexicans.
>pic related- La perla old sanjaun aka hell on earth.
>>
>>76059010
yeah, like most places, English is taught as a second language. it's foreign to them, but as foreign as going anywhere in Europe and speaking English.

anywhere worth its salt that relies on tourism in the Caribbean for revenue makes sure a decent amount of people can speak English.

never been myself though, so i can't say from personal experience.
>>
>>76057846
no way they get two senate seats.
fuck that.
>>
>>76058881
We could combine N/S Dakota, N/S Carolina and West Virginia with Virginia.
Leaving 47 states
>>
>>76059090
Looks like Australia to me
>>
>>76059069
52 isn't as nice either tho. Being even, it helps.

i live in FL, and don't get me wrong, some states honestly should be split in half. California and Florida top of the list, then rural NY with the coast i'd say.

but god damn, 50 stars, i can't imagine anything else
>>
>>76057846
Absolutely not.

They could have a thriving economy if their fucking college graduates stayed to make their homeland thrive.

But nooooooo, they have US citizenship and leave the territory, first thing in the morning.

How the fuck do they fix this?
>>
>>76059164
Oh and especially this, it would be an automatic Gibs Me Dat blue state with brownies
>>
>>76059196
there's a decent amount of history between north and south carolina that wouldn't quite work, in my opinion. not sure about these days, but i think north carolina has better prospects than south, economically speaking, and on that basis would not want to merge.
>>
>>76057992

I used to live in Florida and have family that still do so visit often.

Peurto ricans who are citizens want Trump. They have a fond hatred for Mexicans.
>>
>>76059493
that guy obviously has no clue about the animosity between Mexicans, Cubans, and Puerto Ricans. personally i don't understand it, but at least know it exists.

i always assumed it was because people just mixed them up all the time tho, and also Castro.
>>
>>76059307
They probably leave because it is literally a meme place. If they had actual statehood maybe they would care. I mean, it's 2.5 million people; Hawaii only has 1.5
>>
>>76057846
No, PRs are just as bad as niggers
>>
>>76059493
All Puerto Ricans are citizens
>>
>>76057846
PR is still legally a region of Spain. If you want, we can take care of it, it's only about changing a couple of commas here and there.
>>
PAY DEPT
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.