[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What if the progressives are right, and we're on the wrong
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: pepe.jpg (11 KB, 201x250) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
11 KB, 201x250
What if the progressives are right, and we're on the wrong side of history?
>>
>>76024012
what thread are you trying to slide?
>>
File: 1464539225647.jpg (8 KB, 250x245) Image search: [Google]
1464539225647.jpg
8 KB, 250x245
>>76024012
We are on the wrong side
>>
>>76024012
History is written by the victors, we're only on the wrong side if we lose
>>
>>76024012
we are on the wrong side of history. we've lost everything.
>>
>>76024012

I'd say it doesn't matter as long as we're on the winning side of history.
>>
>>76024137

I always find it funny how their twitters are like a bizzaro version of /pol/ and /r9k/
>>
might makes right and i eat good
>>
>>76024012
Really makes you think...
>>
File: 1464017644254.jpg (54 KB, 720x1080) Image search: [Google]
1464017644254.jpg
54 KB, 720x1080
>>76024012
The existence of a "right" and "wrong" side of history implies an objective measure of moral behavior. If you believe that this exists, you must necessarily believe that behaviors can be good or evil regardless of the intentions held by the actors.

If that is true, that means that it is logically impossible to bring about a moral outcome through immoral means--otherwise, how would you determine which side is right, and which is wrong? You would only be able to determine which side was victorious.

Even the most cursory examination of the Left shows that their ideology is not compatible with this moral framework. These are people who explicitly believe that it is okay to lie, cheat, murder, steal and destroy if it brings about an equal world. But as we have already established, the ends do not justify the means, because there are no ends. History is an ongoing process, the means are all there are.

In other words, if you believe that "it's okay to cheat/act violently/lie because we're on the right side of history," you are, in fact, on the wrong side of history.
>>
Then we're all doomed
>>
>>76024012
What if monkeys fly out of my butt.
>>
>>76025425
>In other words, if you believe that "it's okay to cheat/act violently/lie because we're on the right side of history," you are, in fact, on the wrong side of history.

nobody said anything about that, mate
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.