[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Patriotism is stupid
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
File: Patriots.jpg (101 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Patriots.jpg
101 KB, 1280x720
>being proud of a chunk of land
>you appropriate yourself the achievements of others when you took no parts in them
>patriotism is irrelevant in today world, the neighbor tribe has more to win trading with you than to murder you and rape your women
>“Every miserable fool who has nothing at all of which he can be proud, adopts as a last resource pride in the nation to which he belongs; he is ready and happy to defend all its faults and follies tooth and nail, thus reimbursing himself for his own inferiority.” Schopenhauer
>the only thing it achieves is dehumanizing other human beings to facilitate violence against them

Is there any rationnal argument to defend patriotism ?
>>
>remember to type sage in the options
>>
>>75967581
>He is triggered by dissident opinions
Get out of /pol/ if you can't handle to be challenged.
>>
Patriotism is more than simply supporting the ruling government of a country and is obviously more than supporting the "chunk of land" you inhabit.
To be a patriot means supporting a specific ideology or set of ideologies that your country was founded on that lead it to flourish. Those ideas that have stood the test of time, survived through wars, and brought the people that lived by those ideologies out of hardship.
If I, as a white man, benefit in any small way from patriotic or traditionalist ideologies remaining strong in my country then I have no reason not to support them.
Progressive and foreign ideologies, that may harm my way of life or otherwise do not benefit me, I have no reason to support.
>>
>>75968190
/thread
>>
File: 9780226123745.jpg (225 KB, 920x1280) Image search: [Google]
9780226123745.jpg
225 KB, 920x1280
>>75967507
Why were the French so cruel to the poor judaish peoples?
>>
File: c1-copy1-1024x516.jpg (60 KB, 1024x516) Image search: [Google]
c1-copy1-1024x516.jpg
60 KB, 1024x516
>>75967507
Nope,

ATTENTION!!

(Patriotism on suicide watch)
>>
File: freedom-fries-thumbnail.jpg (140 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
freedom-fries-thumbnail.jpg
140 KB, 640x360
>>75967507
>this nigga is still satly about freedom fries
>>
>>75967507
Oh look, the frog has no love of his country.
Not surprised.
>>
>>75967507
Yeah, lets open our borders and shit. Fuck nations, right? One World. One Government. Who cares who we hand the reigns of the world to it'll all be peace and love, right?

I mean obviously your "neighboring tribe" will agree with this altruistic outreach. They definitely won't take advantage of such a situation for a quick power grab.

You don't know anything about human nature. You cannot change human nature. Unless against the populations will.

Patriotism is the fuel for a nation. You must be a globalist?
>>
>>75967507

Agreed, all the hard won development and safety we enjoy in civilized countries as a result of years of being proud of who we are and looking after our own needs to stop.
After all it is the current year, we should just pack up and give everything we have to people from the shittiest parts of the planet, it's not their fault their countries suck right?
Everyone is exactly the same in intelligence, behavior and cognition and we just had more opportunity and luck than them clearly.
Only a hateful bigot would think that they wouldn't do exactly the same for us.
>>
>you cannot be proud of anything you haven't achieved yourself
>therefore you cannot be proud of anything your nation, or for that matter, humanity as a whole has achieved
>no one can achieve something without the help of others
>therefore you cannot be proud of anything
>>
Fuck off frog
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.