[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/pol/ debunked by my anthropology book
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
This directly contradicts the usual /pol/ speech regarding immigrants and different cultures in a nutshell. Allow me to translate its passage to English:

"Tolerance (to different cultures) does not mean omitting your own culture and pretending there are no differences. That would be hypocrisy. [...] The practice of tolerance means establishing a dialogue where the differences are exposed and treated naturally.

The fear that other cultures cause to the individual is always one of the greatest obstacles for tolerance. The "other" culture, with its singularity, usually seems to threaten our own culture, as if it provoked a deconstruction of our own values and references, and, when that happens, we have the feeling that we are disappearing, because when we look around we no longer know who we are. In other words, tolerance means getting over that fear."

Well? How can I possibly go against what is written in this book? This makes it look like /pol/ is an echo chamber of a bunch of people that refuse to get past that fear.

And no, I am not siding with the book, but it has very good points and I am thinking seriously about rethinking my values and adopting this view, this seems to be the real redpill.
>>
And the reason I am posting this thread is because I actually wish someone will go and debunk this concept
>>
I'm not a tolerant person neither I want to be one.
Tolerance is a weakness, whatever your definition
>>
>>75902572
>In other words, tolerance means getting over that fear [of disappearing]

How is that a good thing?
>>
>>75905190
It implies that such fear is unfounded and that you can't disappear by showing tolerance towards another culture.
>>
>>75905630
>It implies that such fear is unfounded

That implication is unfounded. There's been cultural disappearences throughout history.

>and that you can't disappear by showing tolerance towards another culture.
No, but you can certainly disappear due to the consequence of tolerating other cultures that want to make yours disappear. You know, like Islam is currently trying in Europe.
>>
>>75907122
The book states that there are two kinds of ways to be intolerant: The first one happens by trying to separate two groups (hence the apartheid), and the second happens by trying to force the two groups to live together. What Islam is currently trying in Europe would be classified as intolerant too. Tolerance, by its own definition, is what protects your culture and grants its existence, after all, if you read the initial definition, it occurs when two different cultures can hold a civilized dialogue about their own differences and treat them in a natural way. You are not hiding your culture; You are actually expressing it even more loudly, while being respectful to other cultures.
>>
>it has very good points

Found the cuck.

>tolerance to other cultures does not mean omitting your own culture and pretending there is no difference

One can tolerate another's culture and respect it without inviting it into their own country and replacing their own culture with a foreigners. One's culture belongs with ones people, who belong with ones nation. A Frenchman can tolerate an Englishman without adopting and ultimately being consumed by their culture.

>people fearing other cultures is the greatest obstacle to tolerance

Tolerance is a virtue, but not in this sense. This is cuckoldry. This argument is implying that there is no reason to fear another culture, and that one must accept them and push their fear away.

Should we fear another culture? Yes, if the culture is deserving of being feared. When a culture has slightly different values and traditions, we may tolerate it. But we do not adopt it. We may even participate in others traditions as a way of communicating and sharing culture. However, when the differences between a culture are so great that one culture finds the other culture morally abhorrent and counter to all values that the people of that culture believe then it is necessary to fear the other culture, especially if that culture seeks to attack or dominate your own.

Female genital mutilation, honor killing, stoning, capital punishment for petty crime, theocracy, throwing homosexuals from buildings, beating women, raping little boys, and genociding or persecuting those who do not belong to ones religion are all things that are done under Islam that is absolute counter to western culture. Not only that, but Islam seeks to destroy all other cultures and replace itself. You have reason to fear this, and anyone telling you to ignore your instincts is leading you to slaughter.

Allowing other destructive, immoral, savage cultures to destroy your own as you stand back and accept it is quite literally cultural cuckoldry.
>>
>>75905630
Showing tolerance towards other cultures doesn't make your own culture disappear?
Haha look at Germany, Sweden, UK, they were very tolerant of sandnigger """""culture""""" and now look where the cu.cks are.
>>
>>75909383
Their culture is still unscratched, the problem is that they have to deal with the criminals
>>
>>75909662
>the criminals
see last 2 paragraphs of >>75908779

Being tolerant of Islam and inviting it is literally bringing CRIME into one's country.
>>
>>75902572
Of course I don't support bullying foreigners or idiotically fucking over the third world (as my country seems to have a knack for doing), but simply put, not all cultural differences are desirable. Of course, this is all a matter of perspective - incest and violent misogyny fit within the norms of certain cultures, and we cannot really change their ways. By that token, however, we don't have to tolerate that kind of shit in our own borders (Sweden pretty much had to learn this the hard way).
>>
>"Tolerance (to different cultures) does not mean omitting your own culture and pretending there are no differences. That would be hypocrisy. [...] The practice of tolerance means establishing a dialogue where the differences are exposed and treated naturally.

Well wouldn't it be nice if the liberals would read their fucking textbook then.
>>
>>75909998
>>75908779
I do agree with this
>>
>>75911424
Have you taken a cultural communication class yet?
>>
>>75913002
Not really, mainly because it's not my specific area, I am coursing Law and this specific subject looks like the bible of the liberals and leftists (anthropology, the study of different cultures and how to integrate them)
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.