[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it so hard for the right to just admit that $7 is not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35
Why is it so hard for the right to just admit that $7 is not enough to survive
>>
Why is it so hard for the left to admit that their """skills""" are shit?
>>
>>75807542
Work hard and move up. No one is meant to live their life on a $7 an hour job.
>>
File: FUCK OFF WITH THIS BULLSHIT.png (563 KB, 1367x677) Image search: [Google]
FUCK OFF WITH THIS BULLSHIT.png
563 KB, 1367x677
>>75807542
If you're working an entry level position for your entire life then you're a loser, plain and simple.
>>
>>75807642
there simply arent enough high paying jobs for everyone, mate
>>
>>75807542
lawdy sandwich artistry is hard back-breaking labor

"better slow down on that pickle placement kid, you'll throw your back out before 30" --no one ever
>>
If your labor is only worth $7 then you are a shitty person without any marketable skills. Congrats. If you were worth more, you would be paid more.
>>
>be african
>get given $7
>per HOUR i work, 5-8 times a day
>not enough to survive
>>
You guys know how liberals always say if we deported illegal immigrants the economy would collapse? Yeah well if that were true we have a problem $15/hr sure won't fix
>>
>>75807702
This.
>>
>>75807728
>lump of labor fallacy
You have to go back
>>
>>75807728

Then get out there and make those jobs.
>>
>>75807728
Certainly, so stand out among the rest of your colleagues and prove that you deserve one of those high paying jobs. Nothing comes easy.
>>
>>75807542
Because you shouldn't be paid any more than the bare minimum for willingly sinking yourself thousands in debt to study Intersectional Feminist Volleyball Therapy for four fucking years, you clown.

Put in some serious graft and you'll be rewarded.
>>
Minimum wage jobs are supposed to be for unskilled kids starting out in the world with no responsibilities. For these people $7 an hour is perfectly adequate If you're 30 years old with 3 kids and you're working minimum wage then you fucked up. Really what this comes down to is whether or not you believe that society's job is to prevent you from suffering for your fuckups.
>>
File: 1462699116867.gif (1 MB, 680x849) Image search: [Google]
1462699116867.gif
1 MB, 680x849
>>75807542
>working 16 hours a day
>still doesn't make enough to not want gibs

That's some seriously sad shit
>>
>>75807907
so there should still be a livable wage for those that dont stand out among their colleagues.
>>
File: le_nod_pandaring_face.jpg (93 KB, 700x600) Image search: [Google]
le_nod_pandaring_face.jpg
93 KB, 700x600
>>75807542
durrrrrrrr
>>
>>75807728

Then put women back in the kitchen where they belong.

Free up a shit ton of jobs.

Pay men double.

Profit.
>>
>>75807728
thats because we losta bunch of them to the third world and filled some more with h1b visas m8
>>
>>75807728

DEFEATIST ATTITUDE!

That why you haven't gotten anywhere in life, looser.
>>
>>75807542
If the best you can do is $7 per hour, you need to die. Really, you contribute NOTHING to society, yet expect it to provide you with a home and food for doing something a monkey could be trained to do.
>>
>>75807542
>7 dollars an hour
I was making 25 bucks an hour as second-in-charge at a fucking McDonalds at 17.

How the hell are you working 16 hours a day at 7 dollars an hour, and how the absolute FUCK are you still in this position after multiple years?

t. manager at major company bored as fuck and on his phone

PS. I CAN FUCKING SEE YOU MIKE, GET BACK TO WORK YOU PILE OF SHIT LEB
>>
>>75807976
Trade occupations pay decently. If you're not smart enough or hard-working enough to succeed in a trade, then you deserve to make shit.
>>
>>75807976
Why?
>>
>>75807542
You're right you filthy mong because the federal minimum wage is $7.25
>>
>>75807642

Working hard results in you working extra hard in exchange for the same $7 an hour you were making before you worked hard.

Then your fellow employees call you a faggot tryhad and nobody likes you.

Then the promotion goes to the guy/girl who's sucking the owner's dick.

You should just tell people to suck the owner's dick, giving head at least has a chance of getting them ahead
>>
>>75807976
In the eyes of your employer, you're nothing but capital and what you produce is what gives you value. It's the way our world works and it's not changing. Bernie won't help you, Shillary will make it worse, so stop wishing for a miracle and get better at your job. While you bitch about your pay on 4chan, your colleague is taking an extra shift to prove that s/he gets the promotion and you don't.
>>
>>75808116
because of what this guy said

>>75807642
>>
I'm a dropout. Made my way up to 18/hr. Stop being faggots and work.
>>
>>75807542
>getting paid 8 hours overtime
>presumably getting paid a lot
>still have enough energy to check social media to get trolled
>such a victim you are
>>
>>75808116
feelings!
>>
>>75807728
Fuck off wetback
>>
>>75808160
get a tradeskill faggot. become a welder
>>
>>75808160
Yup, that's exactly how it works, anon. Sounds like you have a ton of experience.
>>
File: reddit pls go.jpg (160 KB, 695x572) Image search: [Google]
reddit pls go.jpg
160 KB, 695x572
>>75807542
You have to go back
>>
>>75807932
>>75808112

If they deserve to make shit, why is it some sad shit when they do?
Isn't their suffering their natural place in the world? Shouldn't it make you happy to see them struggle?
>>
>>75807542
>work $16 hours for no pay
>vote for globalists who continue to depress wages through immigration and free trade
I'm sure that will work
>>
>>75807542
Work more than 1 hour?
>>
>>75808167
No one is meant to live on 7$ an hour for their entire life. That doesn't mean a 7$ wage shouldn't exist.
>>
>>75808187
this. You're a success story and an inspiration.
>>
>>75807542

I get paid $30 per hour to sleep and watch netflix all day.
>>
>>75807542

why is it so hard to sage?
>>
People talking about wages always talk about the price of renting a 1 BR apartment.

Look, mother fucker, a 1 BR apartment is a private mansion meant for people who have a real job that requires real skill. It's a luxury to have your own place to yourself.

You don't get luxury on minimum wage. You get minimum shit on minimum wage.

Minimum shit is going to be 2 people sharing a small room in a multi-room apartment. Maybe you get your own room if you shop around a little.

A lot of people get by with a lot of minimum living and none of them get their own private bath, private kitchen and private living room.
>>
Who says you should survive off of min wage?
>>
>>75807542
if you're an adult getting paid $7/hr then chances are you are either a moron or a convict.
>>
>>75807542

>just got off a 16 hour shift

Things that didn't happen.
>>
Lot of kikes ITT
>>
>>75808277
>empty sarcasm
are you a woman, or just mad that I'm right?
>>
move to a better state then u cuck im stuck in this cucked country and i was making more money than the adults in my area when i was 16 u just need to know how to hustle
>>
>>75807542
Why is it so hard for the left to understand that real wages are not legislated?
>>
>>75808374
That hurt.
>>
>>75808300
Fucking deja vu, my mom just asked me something very similar today. No, I only experience schadenfreude when the person's suffering is for the best either for them or everyone else.
>>
>>75807542
Why don't you just move out of your shitty libcuck city to somewhere that actually has a reasonable cost of living?
>>
>>75807542
I've not heard anyone claim $7.25/hr is enough to survive in 2016. Why is it so hard for the left to just admit that $7.25/hr is an entry wage for entry level jobs for people not supporting a family before they have proven they are worth anything to anyone? Over half of all people making the minimum wage are under 25 years old. Anyone still making such a wage at 25+ is an embarrassment. Their earnings are more a reflection of their poor life choices than anything about the economy.
>>
>>75808272
>why don't you just
>>
>>75808316
I literally just didnt fuck up, and asked for raises when appropriate. I don't get how people can fuck this up.
>>
>>75808454
Kind of like when autists don't get laid or a gf because of social darwinism
>>
>>75808389
neither. You just sound like you don't know what you're talking about. Hard work stands out and is rewarded more than ass kissing 9 times out of 10. People like you do the bare minimum for 3 years and watch your colleagues hired after you move up and then bitch about them "ass kissing". You're an idiot and you deserve to be living at home with your parents.
>>
People who work 16h days are Trump supporters
I worked a 26h shift yesterday and doing a 15 today
Fuck off
>>
>>75808345
It's amazing how much we've decided to hate the idea of having a middle class.
>>
>>75807542
Because $7 was never meant to be for people to survive on. It was made for starters, high school students and college students. Then, when a variety of factors came into play, people starting making a living off of $7 an hour.

The US shouldn't cuck itself for these people.
>>
Didn't Wendy's say that cause of a 15 dollar min wage 6000 people will get fired lol
>>
>>75808536

this is why you deserve minimum wage.
>>
Because flipping burgers your whole life is not something we should romanticize. The people doing that shit work aren't supposed to raise a family on those shit wages. Minimum wage has always been an incentive to get a higher education/better skills so you can move up the ladder and earn more money.
I will laugh when the robot cashiers and burgerflippers take over, and everyone will complain and will want their 7.25 an hour jobs back.

America has been the land of opportunity since the start, and although the dream has diminished, you can still work hard and educate yourself enough to make a hearty living. If you're flipping burgers as an adult you have failed and have no one to blame but yourself.
>>
>>75808598
Okay, so you're saying you're the one who sucked the dicks.
It's okay to be ashamed.
>>
>>75807542
Living wage where I live is like $9 an hour. If you can't get a job that will pay $9 an hour, then either work longer hours, improve yourself to get a better job, or kill yourself.
>>
>>75808598
>Hard work stands out and is rewarded
kek

no
>>
>>75808729
When i spend however many thousands of dollars on tradesman school and that turns out to be a load of shit too, what's your next "why don't you just" going to be?
>>
For anyone that wants to raise minimum wage

http://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2016/02/19/seattles-15-minimum-wage-jobs-down-unemployment-up-this-isnt-working-is-it/#22cce4ca3712

http://redalertpolitics.com/2015/04/30/pizza-shop-worker-loves-seattles-new-15-minimum-wage-finds-cost-job/
>>
Do people not understand that raising the minimum wage will lead to an increase in the prices of everything else, making the raise pretty much pointless?
>>
>>75807542
Lol you can't work a 16 hour shift at fast food or retail.
>>
>>75807542
There is no shortage of that pay $15/hr right now. That you don't have one is prima facie evidence that you are not worth $15/hr. If the minimum wage is raised to $15/hr, this will not magically make you worth $15/hr; you will still be worth $7/hr but you will cost twice that, and you will be unemployed as soon as your employer can find a substitute. At an hourly cost of $8/hr, there is a very large incentive for your employer to find a substitute ASAP. Enjoy your unemployment, pal.
>>
>>75808389
There isn't enough time in the world to educate you if you're not willing to listen.

Sure, you might have to be vocal, talk to some higher ups, even those above your current boss, but to believe that no one in the business world appreciates hard work and is looking to promote someone taking on more responsibility, is naive.

There is no uniform way to ascend a business ladder. It's just people and their relationships with each other. Prove you are useful, prove you can do more, talk to people, get them on your side, and can get recognized.
>>
>>75807728
Literally every trade union in America is hiring right now. I'm 21 and make 26 an hour as a union Ironworker
>>
>>75807542
>Do the minimum amount of work
>Get paid the minimum amount of money

I should be able to buy a five bedroom house working 12 hours a week you shitlords. Owning three vehicles is a human right, not a privilege.
>>
>>75808598
>>75808834
>>"ass kissing".

notice how he/she pointedly avoids saying "sucking dicks"?

It's because he/she sucked the dicks.
>>
File: 1442170398219.png (780 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1442170398219.png
780 KB, 1366x768
>>75807754

Keep sucking that corporate cock for fake Jew paper, slave.

Materialism is for bitches. The clue is in the word. Mater = Mother.
>>
File: image.jpg (402 KB, 1367x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
402 KB, 1367x1024
>>75807932
Poor people lose 1/3 of their wealth when they rake in one bracket up from the lowest income bracket
Welfare needs you to be at the bottom of the barrel, the worse off you are the more money and security.
Poors are being paid to suffer and be victims instead of being encouraged to keep what they make.
>>
>>75808838
This

If you can't afford to live here then move to fucking mexico or just keep going south until you can, you fucking impotent subhuman
>>
>>75808994
>misusing the word "literally" this egregiously

Classic nu/pol/
>>
>>75808834
I have never once put my mouth on a cock. I have made sure that my supervisors know that I'm committed to the company, work hard, and strive to be the best employee every time I'm on the job. That has lead me to receive excellent recommendations from past employers allowing me to get my current, higher paying entry level position.

You sound like an unmotivated sad sack that wants Uncle Bernie to give you everything you want for free.
>>
>>75808932
No, because they haven't taken an introductory macroeconomics course.
Min. wage goes up, inflation goes up, unemployment goes up and you get stagflation.
But no, we need to raise min. wage and glorify flipping burgers!
>>
File: 1427681633048.jpg (54 KB, 600x535) Image search: [Google]
1427681633048.jpg
54 KB, 600x535
I worked minimum wage for a couple years. It fucking sucks but it's meant to be used as a stepping stone for experience. There are certain fields that spoiled brats refuse to do, like welding and plumbing, that have plenty of job openings and pay good money.

I make $15 an hour right now for something that has a steep learning curve and takes actual brain power to do, and I'd be pissed if some ape working at McDonalds started making the same as I do, it would make the cost of everything go up and my purchasing power would decrease simply because people are too fucking lazy to work hard and ethically and instead just fucking vote for something that sounds good in the short term but never think about the long term consequences of it.

If you work minimum wage, don't have a kid, don't buy stupid shit, and you can live off of it. It's hard but it's doable. Most of these people don't even have to be working minimum wage, plenty of trades out there, but they don't give a shit because "ew that's dirty work".
>>
>>75809005
It's amazing how much we've decided to hate the idea of having a middle class.
>>
>>75807542
>Bernie supporters think picketing is an actual job.
>>
>>75807542
>Make minimum wage $15/h
>Company fires half the workers, remaining half expected to do twice the work in the same amount of time

gg you just doubled unemployment AND workplace stress at the same time
>>
>>75808950
I tried retail for a bit... I had 2 consecutive 20 hour shifts, then said fuck this job.
>>
>>75808870
Please, enlighten us with your wealth of information and experience in commerce, o swami.
>>
>>75809090
>middle class
>earning minimum wage

lol nope
>>
Also you're a retarded faggot if you're making 7/hour. Walmart and Target pay 10/hour and McDonald's and gas stations pays 12/hour.

Only the low life's of society make 7/hour.
>>
>>75809064
>I have made sure that my supervisors know that I'm committed to the company
>he sucked the dicks
>>
>>75807542
if you can only get a job that pays minumum wage, your labor is not worth more than that
>>
>>75808924
>load of shit
Look mate, I'm a glorified screamer and paper pusher and I can confidently tell you that trades are honest ways of making a living.

Pick something you like the idea of, consider if it's a good idea rationally (something you're not doing), and then go charging towards it and don't stop until it's maimed carcass is on fire and spread across the ground into a fine layer of gelatin.

tl;dr stop being a defeatist cuck
>>
>>75807542
Big Government demands cheap labor anon. That means mass immigration. That means low wages even for naturalized citizens and born citizens.
>>
Where is that video of the guy explaining gold backed currency, and the devaluation of the US worker? He explained how there used to be precious metals in our currency, and the same amount of that metal found in $1.25 (minimum wage at that time) would sell for over $17 today?

The low-level worker has been left behind. Real estate is over-valued. The expectations placed on a worker are greater today than they were before, as labor is less valuable.

But, it isn't the elite that did this. This was the stupid motherfuckers, making minimum wage, asking for NAFTA, cheaper goods, and gibs. They did this to themselves, and unwittingly sold their kids into slavery.
>>
>>75809029
Didn't suck dick either. Worked hard, worked 2 jobs, went to school, and moved up in my pay grade. It's as simple as that.
>>
>>75809225
I agree with you but you're fucking retarded if you don't know that different states have different minimum wages, some even use the federal min. wage of 7.25 still.
>>
>>75809111
Trips of truth

Bernie faggots are the most delusional people on the planet, all of his policies are diametrically opposed to each other
>>
>>75809064
I've done what you just described at two different jobs since I was 15 and all I got was shat on and pushed aside in favor of a hot chick or nepotism. Blackmail, fucking the boss, or starting your own business yields far better results.

Kill yourself. I mean it.

>>75809195
>>
>>75809212
So why do you hate the idea of having a middle class, anon?
>>
>>75807542
Cost of living and minimum wage varies by state my dude.
>>
>>75809090
If burger flipping is middle class...what is lower class? Burger flipping is something that you can teach a person of 90 IQ to do in 15 minutes. Not exactly the middle of the labor spectrum.
>>
>>75808870
It is.

Coming into work with a scowl on your face, clocking in, staying quiet, and fucking off at the end of the day won't get you anything more than what you've barely earned.

If you weren't so afraid of being called a bootlicker by a pile of scrubs who are happy wallowing in their own shit, you'd make yourself more noticeable.

Just ask your boss if there are little tasks they need doing.
They remember you're the one who did X and Y.
They'll rely on you.
They consider you for advancement because you're displaying leadership skills and competence.

That's okay though, you keep giggling and pulling everyone else down while you're surrounded by mexicans, drop outs, and convicts.

God I fucking hate the generation of entitlement.
>>
>>75808924
I don't know what shitty area you're from but where I'm from there are programs that'll teach you basic trade skills for free. They're just really strict about stuff like tardiness and work effort, they only accept the most dedicated.
>>
>>75809090
>>75809295
Minimum wage is not middle class. Fucking hell.
>>
Minimum wage jobs is meant for teenagers to have some money for themselves, not for a fuckin 25 year old to live on their own. Flipping burgers isn't exactly a hard thing o do, fuck I'd make my own shit if I could considering how much the workers completely fuck my order up
>>
>>75808649
Refer to: >>75807728

In the coming decades you will see either:

1) Basic income
2) Collapse of society

Raising the minimum wage is not the answer, getting rid of the minimum wage and implementing basic income is the answer.
>>
>>75809235
Sure, I've figuratively "sucked the dicks". It worked out just fine for me. How's it going at the bottom of the barrel?
>>
>>75808562
>underestimating just how shitty nu-males are at working
>>
>>75809062
Holy shit did you just waste 5 mins of your day because I said literally? You beta fuck
>>
>>75807728
>there simply arent enough high paying jobs for everyone, mate

BETTER RAISE THE MINIMUM WAGE THAT WILL FIX IT!
>>
File: 1463654075065.jpg (26 KB, 461x354) Image search: [Google]
1463654075065.jpg
26 KB, 461x354
>>75809365
>all these assumptions

That's not an argument.
>>
>>75809294
Yeah? Where'd you work?
>>
File: image_16.jpg (33 KB, 387x380) Image search: [Google]
image_16.jpg
33 KB, 387x380
>>75809294
You're just bad. Support Managers at a fucking Walmart make 15/hour.

You are literally worth less than a Walmart support manager, and they don't do shit. Hahahahaha, I really need to meet you.
>>
>>75807542
>when you just got back from a coal mine and a rich white middle class college student tells you to free the whales
>>
>>75809111
Is this what's actually happened in places with the $15 min wage?
>>
File: images_5.jpg (4 KB, 292x173) Image search: [Google]
images_5.jpg
4 KB, 292x173
>>75809435
Not an argument, nu/pol/.
>>
>>75807542
Minimum wage was never intended to be lived on
>>
Hey kid. Can you help clean up my yard?
>Will you pay me enough to feed and shelter a family of 4?

Hey kid, can you help and put stickers on these jars?
>I need a minimum $30k annual salary and health benefits

Hey kid, can you watch the door for a few hours?
>What is your 401(k) like?
>>
>>75808636
Middle class means "middle", which means there is someone lower than them.

You can't have a middle class without a lower class.
>>
>>75807542

Not all jobs are meant to provide a living wage.

I have always found that liberals are masters of pointing out a problem and over-exaggerating it, but their solutions are over-simplified. For example, there are so many reasons why the $15 federal minimum wage suggested by progressives (led by the bitch Elizabeth Warren) is such a bad idea. One of the most important reasons why it wouldn't work is because living costs are so varied across states, counties, and even neighborhoods.

If it were up to me, I would set the minimum wage to $0 but force every employer and employee to enter a contract where a living wage can be negotiated based on location and employee lifestyles, if needed.
>>
>>75809490
>>75808930
>>
>>75808787
>Because flipping burgers your whole life is not something we should romanticize.
That is an opinion based off your set of values.
>The people doing that shit work aren't supposed to raise a family on those shit wages.
That is an opinion, based off your set of values.
>Minimum wage has always been an incentive to get a higher education/better skills so you can move up the ladder and earn more money.
No. Minimum wage is the lowest amount of money per hour an employer can pay an employee. Min wage being an incentive is not an opinion, it is just an incorrect interpretation of reality. What you said is the sales pitch, not a fact or even an opinion.
>I will laugh when the robot cashiers and burgerflippers take over
Until the people who use to flip those burgers take your job from you because they are willing to do it for less money.
>and everyone will complain and will want their 7.25 an hour jobs back.
You will be lucky to make min wage for operating an office printer once the burger flippers are competing for your job.
>If you're flipping burgers as an adult you have failed and have no one to blame but yourself.
Or the company you devoted 20 years of your life to, the company that helped build communities and paid taxes went under because India and China can make steel for less.

Nothing shows ignorance more than the discussion of min wage.
>>
>>75809444
That's okay buddy, you be you.
>>
>>75809490
see>>75808930
>>
>>75808924
You never heard of an apprenticeship program? Go to your local trade unions and apply. You work and its free college
>>
>>75809365

fucking this. I'm part of the generation of entitlement and I'm using it to my damn advantage. While the rest of my faggot colleagues sit on their asses and browse cuckbook, I'm standing and asking for more work to be done. It's paid off for me.
>>
File: 1267331405606.jpg (42 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1267331405606.jpg
42 KB, 300x300
>>75807542

Because it's easy to tear others down to feel better about yourself than understand a subject like economics or finance or politics.

With minimum wage you have to get rid of it completely, letting people negotiate a better wage or raise it to match inflation. Since no one is going to to the former, I don't mind the latter. Yes, I know the problems with that but again, those problems could be solved by getting rid of it altogether and those SAME EMPLOYERS would argue to keep it where it is because that benefits their own bottom line. I have no problem with them losing employees, if your business was only profitable because you were cheap skating your labor than you deserve to go out of business. Be more productive, provide a better product. Get customers in the doors, don't cut your employees wages because you failed to do any of these things.

>>75808160

This. I'm so, so disillusioned with "working hard" because with minimum wage it's a race to the bottom. There is no INCENTIVE to work hard. If you flip 3 hamburgers for $7 an hour and then you flip 30 burgers, you're still getting the same pay even if you do ten times the work.

And if you do do your job awesomely, you become a threat to your lazy ass coworkers or they see you as someone they can buck their work onto because you actually do it. I can't work in restaurants anymore because this same pattern of bullshit happens every time. I get in there, bust my ass, and fat lazy female manager thinks I'm going to make her look bad by out working her so I get fired and then the place goes out of business because turns out I was the only one doing critically important work the rest were too lazy or dumb to do.

The most "skilled" don't even get the job that requires the skill. I have Bachelor's in Finance, don't you think I should be working at a bank? Managing your money? The banks don't seem to think so, but they'll hire Stacey because she was "sales experience" even though she can't do math!
>>
>>75809389
Sure, fine.
So why do you hate the idea of a middle class, anon?
>>
>>75809294
What were both of those? If they were retail, restaurant, or any other high school tier job, you deserve all the shit you get because you're retarded.
>>
>>75809459
Local restaurant, bussing tables + doing catering + cleaning bathrooms; I stayed extra hours and did extra work, always tried to have a good attitude about it and I ended up getting looked over got promotion for a woman instead.

You'll defend this since you're a cuck.

Same with him
>>75809461, its endemic among Nu/pol/. You're all cuck slaves to the ZOG machine.
>>
>>75809639
Where are you flipping burgers for minimum wage? Every burger chain pays ~10 hour.
>>
>>75807728
BUILD A WALL
>>
>>75807542
You should be able to raise a family of 10 working 20 hours of minimum wage per week! This is our duty as a society to provide for the less fortunate! Bill Gates could pay everyone in the country $15 an hour and not go broke!
>>
>>75809554
What are your arguments? The job I work requires a degree and skills, something that a retarded burgerflipper most likely doesn't have. I didn't want to live off of 7.25 an hour, so I went to school and got a degree, and worked my way up. This is how it's always been. I don't know why I'm replying to a fucking leaf, don't you have a fire to fight?
>>
>>75807542
>implying mcdicks is a career job and not a starter for high schoolers
>>
>>75809562
So you dont have an argument? Try and defend someone hiring/promoting a 7/10 woman over an employee of 4 years who had experience and proven results when it came to workload and attitude. I'll wait.
>>
>>75809660
The vast majority of the populace gets paid over minimum wage. This is not an argument, and you should kill yourself.
>>
>>75809554
its the way free enterprise works. If you have the same skills as any joker off the street, and can be replaced with less effort than wiping ones ass, why should you be paid an arbitrarily larger hourly rate?

It doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>75807542
Why is it so hard for you to admit fast food employees don't deserve 15
>>
>>75807642

So if everyone's supposed to work hard and move on, who the fuck is supposed to take the jobs no one wants?
>>
>>75807542
>16 hour shift
>still poor enough to be told to get a job
Get a fucking clue, then get another fucking job, retard.
>>
File: fox-579202_640.jpg (99 KB, 640x581) Image search: [Google]
fox-579202_640.jpg
99 KB, 640x581
>>75807702

Work is slavery. I don't care if our society collapses. Money means nothing to me. Career types make me puke. See how far your corporate circle-jerk gets you when the lights go out. Our society is built on weakness and lies.
>>
File: 1441675630482.png (40 KB, 825x635) Image search: [Google]
1441675630482.png
40 KB, 825x635
>>75809701
>What were both of those? If they were retail, restaurant, or any other high school tier job, you deserve all the shit you get because you're retarded.
>>
>>75809554
If you haven't figured it out yet, a minimum wage worker is worth less than the machine they use, much less. You are inherently worthless and should be working your ass off trying to prove your value. Your employer doesn't owe you shit. If your job gets outsourced, too fucking bad, it was going to anyways. If you are replaced by BRGRFLPPR 2000 then I guess you shouldn't have voted for that higher minimum wage. Work harder you lazy millennial fuck.
>>
File: XfNn8uW.jpg (36 KB, 576x665) Image search: [Google]
XfNn8uW.jpg
36 KB, 576x665
>>75807542

>working double shifts at a min wage job
>not even attempting to try to go to trade school or community college
>asking us for sympathy

wewlad
>>
>>75809801
I had a mcjob in highschool, it was fucking easy, I'd rather work there for 8.50 than where I do now for 10 an hr.
>>
>working 16 hours on $7/hr

clearly you are too stupid to be worth any more than that
>>
>>75809777
>Bill Gates could pay everyone in the country $15 an hour and not go broke!

I just ran the maths on this for shits and giggles. Bill Gates could afford to pay everyone in America $15/h for 164 hours, or a little less than a week
>>
>>75809890
the next group of high school and college kids looking for experience. Why is this so hard??
>>
I work in a grocery store. I get $12.37 per hour, have 401k, stock, medical, dental, and benefits.

No excuses, poorfags.
>>
>>75809714
Bro, you made a bad choice. Men should never ever do a waiting job.

You always take the retail position because managers won't promote dick sucking women because if they do nothing will get done so the Co-managers will fire them. I've seen 1 woman as a support manager and she was a dyke.
>>
>>75809890
Younger people
>>
Why are Ameripoors obsessed with this notion that people on minimum wage want to be in those jobs forever? Corporations lobby to pay pittances and actively encourage employees to apply for welfare to the point they will refuse you any hours that would cut entitlements to said welfare.

Why the fuck are you retards so obsessed with hating the on poor people you insist should stay poor
>>
>>75809807
I can't.
That shit does happen, I'm not denying that.
However, you're saying that as though it happens with every possible situation.

It might have happened to you that time, and that's terrible, it really is.
You've only given me one example and can't prove that it's a pandemic.

From my experience, by and large, hard work is noticed and rewarded.
>>
>>75810019
You're not supposed to do the math, that upsets the Bernistas.
>>
>>75809554
>The people doing that shit work aren't supposed to raise a family on those shit wages.
>That is an opinion, based off your set of values.

Having even one kid on minimum wage is going to result in them missing out on important things that will help them later in life. Even just to survive you're going to be working overtime, and that's going to fuck the kid up emotionally and mentally.

>No. Minimum wage is the lowest amount of money per hour an employer can pay an employee. Min wage being an incentive is not an opinion, it is just an incorrect interpretation of reality.
Work a lot for not that much and as a result don't have much, or train and get more money for less work. Your option.

>Until the people who use to flip those burgers take your job from you because they are willing to do it for less money.
Robots that do extremely low skill work like burger flipping and taking orders cost a lot to begin with, but practically cost nothing after about 2-3 weeks.

The owner of whatever store with these robots is going to look at his savings and tell anyone applying for a job to fuck off.

>You will be lucky to make min wage for operating an office printer once the burger flippers are competing for your job.
Yes, and those glorified losers will burn as well, and the people with actual value will keep their jobs.

>Or the company you devoted 20 years of your life to, the company that helped build communities and paid taxes went under because India and China can make steel for less.
Appeal to emotion.

I'll spell it out for you:

You are an item.

Businesses want to buy you.

Depending on what you can do, where, when, and how, you may have a radically different value from someone else.

If you can not do high skill jobs, you will be worth less.

If you wish to become more valuable, you can gain more experience, get a degree, etc.

Businesses are not discriminating against you, they are buying you for what you are worth.

Would you pay $90 for a loaf of bread?
>>
>>75807729
I kekd
>>
>>75810058
Fuck poor people. Even Jesus said they should be ignored in favor of buying cool swag for yourself.
>>
>>75809714
I never said it was fair, or that it would always be rewarded. Life and human interaction isn't going to suddenly become a Pavlovian action-reaction just because it fits your narrative.

But sure, stamp your feet and get mad and vote bernie for free stuff, that'll show those rich white fucking males! :^)
>>
>>75810058

>Why the fuck are you retards so obsessed with hating the on poor people you insist should stay poor

we don't. They choose to stay poor by bitching about how poor they are and not doing something about it. This usually is followed by blamming white people/patriarchy/ etc.
>>
>>75808112

This. Trade work is literally easy money if you can be physical and rub 2 brain cells together.

If you can't do even that, you should starve.
>>
>>75808160
If you were actually the hardest worker in the store you would be a low level supervisor with the job that gives decent pay (15$ an hour, maybe) but has a ridiculous amount of workload attached to it because it is also responsible for fixing everyone else's mistakes in every area that isn't explicitly covered by someone else's job description. Every place I've ever worked in has it and it's either a revolving door as people try their absolute hardest to get away from the position or it is held by some guy who has been there for 30 years. I've seen dozens of people ignore a job listing for that position and then, months later, complain when some lucky schmuck gets promoted to some other position with similar pay for a lot less work. They always say they could do the easy job a thousand times better than the other guy but somehow that skill and confidence never seems to appear when "that job" shows up on the job listings again two months later.

Very few people work hard for their position, and you are the type of person who doesn't work hard and then complains when someone else who didn't work hard gets their name picked out of a hat, because no one in the store works hard. You have probably seen maybe two hard workers get promoted and they were the ones you didn't complain about and they moved on to better things after about two years. You are not working hard enough to be one of them.
>>
>>75810058
>want
I can want a solid gold Jacuzzi bathtub but it won't fucking appear unless I bust my ass to make it so. Do you think the average person who's been working minimum wage for any significant portion of time is trying to change that, or are they just "wanting" ?
>>
>>75809807
Don't work in a job where dick suckers can succeed.
>>
>>75810058
Look, even if they don't want to get into trade, they can still do military reserves which gives them supplementary pay, tons of benefits and discounts at a lot of places.
>>
>>75810033
Yeah well I learned the hard way that hard work doesn't mean dick when youre competing with semi-hot women and affirmative action.

>>75810079
Also happened when I worked at a call center. I had loads of compliments and happy customers but my supervisor was a feckless middle aged affirmative action hire who got bonuses based on our sales. Meanwhile, we got 1% commission on our sales.

She was literally getting paid to eat chocolates and yell at us.
>>
>>75809714
>Local restaurant, bussing tables + doing catering + cleaning bathrooms
kek no wonder you're don't get paid worth a shit

> I stayed extra hours and did extra work, always tried to have a good attitude about it
Have you ever thought maybe since 98% of young people are looking for your kind of job, that that is why they don't give a flying fuck about you? They can replace you in less than 3 days; less than one if you worked at a franchise.

>I ended up getting looked over got promotion for a woman instead.
Because you are in the public eye. Everything is about appearance when serving the public.
>>
>>75809906
No one cares, fag. Go back to collecting gibsmedat because you're too autistic to step into the real world
>>
File: 1464704786330.gif (796 KB, 320x286) Image search: [Google]
1464704786330.gif
796 KB, 320x286
>>75807642
Israel proxy?
>>
>>75807542
Medfag reporting in.
Fuck you, I had a 24-hour shift yesterday.
I make barely $2.5 per hour and I manage to survive.

For $7 per hour I would do 3 fucking brain surgeries at the same time, you entitled piece of shit.
>>
>>75810264
Like I said above. Don't work in a place where dick sucking women can succeed, work retail.
>>
File: 1452192714794.png (88 KB, 300x256) Image search: [Google]
1452192714794.png
88 KB, 300x256
>>75807976

> I need to be paid to survive because i am absolutley of no use to society, have no skills, and have no ambition to better myself
>>
>>75807728
Ladies and gentleman, allow me to decode this comment for its true meaning:

"I don't want to work hard so I want the government to change the rules so that I can do less for a lot more."
>>
>>75807642

This is true. It's ridiculously easy to move up from a minimum wage job. If you are actually a hard worker you won't stay at minimum wage for longer than 6 months.
>>
lol @ all these tards who prop up this shit system and fall for the work makes the man meme

thanks for the neetbux tho
>>
>>75810171
>if you point out that women are the biggest affirmative action beneficiaries
>that makes you a bernout

So you imply that I'm a bernout even though I've been working my ass off for 10 years straight since I was 13?

Cool logic, nu/pol/
>>
>>75810366
Congrats on being a useless piece of shit freeloader.
>>
>>75810319
Get gud faggot :)
>>
>>75807542
Jobs that do 10+ hours normally pay more than minimum wage I was paid 12.00 (11.00 preObama) for working as a plant hand (maintain plant\nap) basically I'm calling bullshit.
>>
>>75810268
So you're a cuck who defends SJW affirmative action hiring policies. Wow I bet you sure feel the Bern huh bro
>>
What about handicapped and low-functioning people? How is a man with an IQ of 85 to make a living for himself when he is capable of little more than menial work. As for the handicapped, are they to be put in homes since they cannot provide for themselves? Or, since that is a socialist policy after all, do they die on the street?
>>
>>75807542
bernie supporter working
citation needed
>>
File: 1457794284520.jpg (20 KB, 337x368) Image search: [Google]
1457794284520.jpg
20 KB, 337x368
>>75810451
thanks

remember to pay your taxes so I don't go hungry
>>
>>75810511
Disabilities is an entirely different subject. This is a strawman argument when we are talking about the minimum wage.
>>
>>75807542
$7/hour is liveable if the government didn't put fucking limits on how much you can work for full-timers
Also you're clearly living off $7, and have the time to browse 4chan- sorry/not sorry you aren't up to par with most people's skills
>>
>>75809800
>What are your arguments?
You are too stupid to argue against.
>The job I work requires a degree and skills
No, the job you work requires a human being capable of performing the tasks you complete. The degree is just something your employer used to filter out applicants.
>something that a retarded burgerflipper most likely doesn't have.
The willingness to perform the tasks you perform for less money is something they have though. The second your employer can train a burgerflipper to do your job for less money than it costs your employer to pay you, you're finished.
>I didn't want to live off of 7.25 an hour,
Then you should fight for a higher min wage, because the second your job can be outsourced to China for $2.25 an hour, your degree will be worthless and you will be flipping burgers.
>This is how it's always been.
No, it's not. There has never in history been such pay gap between employers and employees. Seriously. Look up wages from the dark ages in Europe. They worked 140 days a year and received a much larger percentage of the profit than bottom level workers make now. This is factual based shit, not opinion. Even 40 years ago a person nailing shingles to roofs could support a family of 4 and vacation once a year. Hauling shingles up a ladder all day is a min wage job right now.
>I don't know why I'm replying to a fucking leaf, don't you have a fire to fight?
Yes, i was born in Fort Mac. The hardest working town on our entire fucking continent. I came to sask when it started to boom and am getting ready to head to Ontario to ride out that boom. You have a degree, i have the ability to get shit done.
>>
>>75807542
If you work 16 hour shifts, why do you have time to harass and terrorize honest people practicing their right to assemble and support a candidate of their choosing?
>>
>>75810511
What is natural selection?
>>
>>75810168

t. McBible

>>75810207

>I make things up because I don't have an argument - the post

>>75810234

I think the average person working minimum wage is barely scraping by and would struggle to find opportunities for improvement.

>>75810257

Who is actually saying they don't want to get into a trade?
>>
>>75810511
What argument is there beside the disability argument? Are people really that retarded to make the case that someone who can easily work a better-paying job shouldn't have to?
>>
>>75807988
This.
Mass influx of economic migrants, mostly undocumented of course, and the rise of women participants in the workforce caused the supply of labor to grow much quicker than the supply of jobs.
And basic economics tells you what happens when there's an increase of supply without an equal increase of demand.
>>
>>75807542
Get rid off your $150 cell phone bill every month, satellite TV, and high speed internet and see how well you survive on $7. Hell stop buying name brand, pre packaged shit and see how well you survive. Fucking entitled little shits, you even get welfare if you don't make enough. Stop thinking you are entitled to everything your parents currently have, when they had to work their whole lives before they could have extras like cell phones, and nicer food.

NOW the fix is not minimum wage, the fix is better jobs and more availability. Increasing the min wage will only make things harder. Use your brains, think longterm, not short term gibs me dats mentality.
>>
>>75807542
In my country above average is 3€/h, can't imagine how can you NOT survive with having almost twice as much as min. Wage
>>
lmao I support the minimum wage because it will force berniebros like you to go unemployed can't fucking wait until this hilarity ensues
>>
>>75810319
>serbia
so why would america want to be serbia, or treat its people the way serbia treats you?
>>
>>75810264
I've been there. I worked in a call centre too. I got passed up over an arab because they needed their bi-monthly company magazine to look like Benetton advert.

It wasn't just the calls I was doing, it was also asking for extra responsibilities, such as learning how to maintain compliance with outsource regulations and so on.

I learned after that incident that it's not just what I know, it's also who I know.
There are managers who are very well meaning, who will give you the tools to get ahead but have no pull politically in the workplace.

Being noticed is just as important as knowing the right people.

Either way, the arab got fired for misconduct because he didn't adhere to the global HR policy.

arabs are touchy feely
>>
>>75809742

That was just an example dude.
>>
>>75810657
Not a single argument present.
cya leaf.
>>
>>75810698
Would take far too long. The human gene-pool is too sullied for it to become pure again in a short period of time. You're talking millions of years to allow recessive genes hard-coded into the DNA of people across the planet to die out. In that time, millions of handicapped people would die through no fault of their own.
>>
>>75809890
Young people with no experience, kids who want a summer job, there are plenty of newcomers who aren't looking to work up, they just want some money on the side while they go to school and live with their parents.

There's also people who take 2 or 3 jobs as well as going to school, but no no no, that's just rediculous. A citizen of this country working hard to put themselves through college? Bullshit. We must make it easy for them! Because everything in life is easy. Why would we want to harvest a hard working attitude in this country?

And then there's also people who aren't looking to move up. The farthest they go up is manager at whatever burger joint or retail store they work at and that could be because of the choices they make or because they were never instilled with hard work ethic. That's just a fact of capitalism. Some will lose, some will win.
>>
>>75808562
As an employer of low-skilled workers I can't tell you how often these people lack very basic skills, like being able to even clock in on time.

When I have an employee that is punctual, reliable, and shows a willingness to be challenged, I keep giving them more responsibility and compensation, and coaching as needed. Some people have all the drive in the world, but just don't fit easily into society's boxes. These individuals are exceptionally rare though, most are just stupid and lazy.

I too worked my way up with no formal education, and now I'm in a position where I can toss a lifeline to others coming up the same way when I find them.
>>
>>75810698
>2016
>natural selection

Wew lad
>>
>>75810834

This isn't an argument, this is entry level strawmanning and pathetic as fuck.
>>
>>75810398
Whatever man, you're right. All the good jobs are gone and its a conspiracy against you, and you have been predestined to fail. Just give up, i would too if i felt like that.
>>
>>75808978
>you will be unemployed as soon as your employer can find a substitute.

As opposed to all the other people who aren't going to be employed as soon as their employer can find a substitute?
>>
>>75810731
>I think the average person working minimum wage is barely scraping by and would struggle to find opportunities for improvement.

They already have an opportunity for improvement. Advancing at their current place of employment.
>>
This minimum wage=poverty meme stems from those who are living outside their means.
7.25/hour at full time is 15k, which is the poverty line for a 2 person household, or 3k higher than the poverty line for a single person household. The minimum wage isn't the problem, it's individuals not working full time.
>>
>>75807728
Well, not since all the factories got shipped to China, and what ones remain are all staffed by Mexicans, no...

Maybe we should fix that? :^)
>>
>>75810366
If these losers can afford a computer to shitpost on 4chan, they can afford the time to look for better jobs in a different industry

>>75810494
No, affirmative action is shitty and whoever came up with it is an oven dodging kike.
But that being said, you're still being a fucking idiot about it. Learn to supply and demand. Try not applying for an industry that can be done by women. Physical labor will never be taken over by women.

I work at a warehouse where I only have to talk to my manager who shares my eagerness to complain about people, where I am not being watched like a hawk, and where on certain days, I basically do nothing for an hour at a time.
>>
>>75810995
No it's not. People think money is worth less because they live out of their means.
>>
>>75810997
>he's making fun of the idea that there's a conspiracy to prevent someone from succeeding in society
>on /pol/

Are you a liberal cuck who's false-flagging or are you just willfully ignorant?
>>
>>75809461
support managers make more than that now

i think its like 18-20
>>
$7.25 is certainly enough to live independently, if very frugally in the southern US where I reside.

Yeah, you're gonna need a roommate or two. No, you can't raise anything resembling a family on one or two minimum-wage incomes.

The shitty living wage meme stops being even kinda funny when the implication that any family of any status should be able to live on 1-2 minimum wage incomes.

Now, I'm sure it would blow fucking cock to live in a large metro area making 7.25. I don't know how very common that is.
>>
>>75807702

If you work for the rest of your life you are a loser too. It's more than just how money you make but also how much you spend. Most people work until they die for "stuff" in America these days. The sooner the current generation figures that out, the sooner they can build a more free life.

But please...don't fucking tell them. I need people to take care of me when I am 40. Hahaha!
>>
File: hamburger-automation.jpg (39 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
hamburger-automation.jpg
39 KB, 500x333
>>75807542
You'll have survive on $0/hour soon, nigger.
>>
If you are in competition with teenagers when it comes to finding a job you're a pretty big failure of a human being. Have you ever met a teenager? They are fucking hopeless spineless lazy fucks who call in sick to go party and post pictures on their facebook about it.
>>
>>75810657
>i have the ability to get shit done.

Like what? What skills or abilities do you actually have in real life that make you more valuable than anyone else claiming to have that ability?
>>
>>75807542
Why is it so hard for the left to just admit $0 is not enough to survive? Which is what you'll be earning if you FORCE the government to arrest anyone who wants to employ people whose labor is worth $14.99 or less.
>>
File: 1449446058270.png (18 KB, 120x120) Image search: [Google]
1449446058270.png
18 KB, 120x120
>>75811216
>mfw my group is urging a friend to do just that this weekend, and I'm hosting
>>
>>75811104
Stay mad.
>>
>>75807542
why is it so hard for the left to admit that raising the minimum wage will only drive inflation up and the only cure to monetary woes is a sound currency that can't be devalued drastically over small periods of time, and taking more and more taxes from the people will eventually drive wealth, innovation and production out of the country (which has already been happening) ... oh wait, you made this thread!
>>
File: 1394741380141.jpg (44 KB, 442x341) Image search: [Google]
1394741380141.jpg
44 KB, 442x341
>>75807728
Listen you stupid niggerfaggot: my company is *perpetually* hiring computer security folks, developers and reverse engineers. Nobody makes less than six figures with a BS and three years of experience. It never stops. We have to turn down work. At the skilled end of the market there is a ton of demand and not enough supply of competency because you whiny useless faggots are sitting at the bottom with your hands out expecting us to give you free shit and griping that there are no jobs - there are, you just can't be a worthless twat to get them.
>>
>>75807642
Correct. I have now jumped from a job that did $8.25 an hour to 11$ an hour, full time with benefits. Work hard, guys. You don't just get to "have" crap.
>>
>>75809373
>They're just really strict about stuff like tardiness and work effort, they only accept the most dedicated.

So they have SO many positions available that they ruthlessly eliminate people for any minor error??

>>75809605
I've heard of lots of people shill this or that bullshit as the silver-bullet WHY DON'T YOU JUST answer to unemployment that turned out to be a load of complete shit.

So I'm asking, when what you're shilling turns out to be a load of shit, what's the next thing you're going to pick as the WHY DON'T YOU JUST answer to unemployment?
>>
>>75811117
Pretty sure they haven't. My Dept manager would be bragging about a raise from 15/hour.
>>
>>75809714

>Local restaurant, bussing tables + doing catering + cleaning bathrooms; I stayed extra hours and did extra work, always tried to have a good attitude about it and I ended up getting looked over got promotion for a woman instead.

/pol/ doesn't get it because a lot of /pol/ are NEETs with literally no real world experience whatsoever. That's why they can't comprehend what you're saying.

They haven't actually been in the real world enough to notice how this happens and still think the world is operate in the SHOULD realm . Yes, you SHOULD be able to work hard and get a promotion. But that's now how it actually works in the real world.

But your exact story has happened to me in every single restaurant I've ever worked in. I just refuse to do food service anymore and found a more male dominated job where you merit actually matters. Hell I'm one of crappiest employee at my job because it's physical labor and I'm weak scrawny and weigh 140 pounds. But I still feel more appreciated and respected than cleaning toilets while the woman manager sits on Facebook on her phone saying I'm not going fast enough.
>>
>>75810974
>As an employer of low-skilled workers I can't tell you how often these people lack very basic skills, like being able to even clock in on time.
What do you do when an employee shows up on time every day and gets shit done properly? If you are the average business owner, you take advantage of that employee. It is not in your interest to help him get a better job somewhere else, and being a small business owner, there is not much of a ladder for him to climb. It is not like you are going to fire a decent manager to move a really good employee up....
>>
>>75807542
Go get skills. You fucking loser. Like nunchuk skills and bow hunting skills.
>>
>>75807729

I'm a 6'4" chef working at Wendys with a 9 inch penis making over $130000 a year
>>
>>75811435
11 whole dollars an hour? wow, i bet you can even afford to pay rent to your parents at that rate.
>>
>>75811430
Excuse me, my good man. What manner of degree does an unschooled degenerate like myself require to qualify for that cushy sounding position?
>>
>>75811516
I live in a low cost area, retard. I don't live outside my means.
>>
>>75811516
Actually, depending on location, $11 is very livable. Cost of living is more important than wages, in many cases. Nothing to brag about, but nothing to laugh at.
>>
real talk: is this thread just full of people who make ~$10 an hour who are so desperate to have someone to shit on that they go after the guy one rung below them making $7?
>>
>>75807542
>$7 is not enough to survive

That's because a $7 per hour job is not meant to be a job to support yourself on dummy.
>>
>>75811405
You're the one defending affirmative action

top kek

>>75811464
Yeah I've learned my lesson early on since I started working at 15 but apparently Nu/pol/ defends affirmative action and useless women now.
>>
>>75811430
Where can I apply?
I have a BS in Electrical engineering, but I was really shy so I never made any connections.
I had to start working in retail, and over the last three years I learned how to be social. I'm retail management making $22 an hour in Georgia, which I guess is pretty good considering its the southeast.

I seriously doubt anyone in engineering fields will look at my resume and not throw it instantly into the trash, just because I didn't have connections early on, and I wasn't put on the fast track by my parents.
>>
>>75811578
>>75811571
okay, so you live in a shithole.
That's cool, some people don't want to live on a pile of shit.
but like, Take Pride, bro
>>
File: 18-4-2015.jpg (2 MB, 1766x2470) Image search: [Google]
18-4-2015.jpg
2 MB, 1766x2470
>actually worked 60+ hour work weeks in college
>>
>>75811520
Nowhere. Go get a job at an auto dealer. My local big dealer hires with no experience or degree with starting $40k a year.
>>
>>75807542
>Working for $7 an hour
>>
>>75811601
It's Nu/pol/. They hate the middle class because their jewish overlords tell them that they'll be cool if they make fun of the little guy.
>>
>>75811516
How the fuck can't you survive on 880 a check? That's 2.6k a month. Even with taxes, that's more than enough.
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 335x268) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 335x268
>>75808649
>$7 was never meant to pay for...
False. Under the fairy tale of FDR's economic determinism, a minimum wage was introduced for the pleb factory worker to raise a family and be a consumer. It was also a way to force a raise for workers. Unfortunately, government does not have magic powers that make any amount of money exactly the cost of this or that.
>>
>>75811655
>if you live anywhere but a big city, it's a shithole

Whatever you need to do to rationalize your $4 a gallno gas and $2000 a month rent.
>>
>>75811655
I don't live in a crap-hole. Area is very low crime, quite nice looking. Many republican cities are. Obviously it's not Paris (before the mudslimes) but it's a good start.
>>
>>75811471
Competent workers make the company run smoothly, and saves both money and stress. The raise you could potentially give them is minute compared to the profits.

If your manager doesn't realize that, then either explain it to them or leave.
>>
>>75807728

>Lives in the greatest capitalistic country of all time
>Literally every opportunity out there
>Resources abound
>Not enough jobs

Wew lad.
>>
Solution to literally everything:

>have rich parents
>if you're not rich, never have kids
>>
>>75807728
So by raising minimum wage, you support kicking more people out of the work force?
>>
>tfw I've never worked a day in my life for $7/hr
>even bagging groceries

The fuck are you fags doing with your lives?
>>
>>75809111

Isn't this what you want?
Now the people who are working are working hard and getting paid more, and the worthless losers are kicked the fuck out onto the streets where they belong.
Isn't that how it's supposed to be?
>>
>>75811894
What if there are more competent people than there are positions?
>>
>>75809111
TRIPS. KEK HAS SPOKEN, I WITNESS.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.