[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
wow really makes you think...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 8
File: bto184v3oq0x.jpg (217 KB, 900x1129) Image search: [Google]
bto184v3oq0x.jpg
217 KB, 900x1129
wow really makes you think...
>>
guess I'm #training4trump now...
>>
Can somebody actually tell me why this image is wrong? I feel like it's wrong but I don't know why.
>>
Liberals actually think that war isn't necessary for strong countries.
>>
>>75790828
But the Iraq war WASNT necessary.
>>
>>75790702
The cost of "free college for everyone" is bullshit
>>
>>75790702
>I feel like it's wrong but I don't know why.
And they say /pol/ isn't the tumblr of the right.
>>
>>75790893
And neither is University
>>
>>75790893
I thought this too but if it was to support the petrodollar...the cost doesnt matter
>>
>>75790702
There's 20 million post secondary students so #1 it implies the average cost of a year of education is less than $4,000 which is way less than it actually is, secondly it's comparing 1 year cost to a total cost for the war
>>
>>75790495

it would cost a fuckload more than 75 bil a year
>>
>>75790495

To be honest, education is a racket these days.

The prohibitive cost and potential for failure should make anyone consider skilled trades.
>>
>>75790495
funny how democucks post stuff like this and still vote for Hillary

they are so dumb
>>
>>75791099
Uni doesn't get tens of thousands of innocents murdered.
>>
>Free college
Enjoy having bums (former humanities students) teaching in applied mathematics for 400 bucks a month
>>
>>75790702
It doesn't cost 75 billion a year you mong, if every kid went to public college it would cost 75 billion to keep current standards
>>
So according to this image sanders is right? College can be free?

But whats the point? If everyone in the country was smart and had a bechelors degree in something we wouldnt have plumbers, carpenters, construction workers, car mechanics or any low skilled job workers anymore.
>>
>>75791226

Even if you quadrupled the annual cost of public post-secondary education to $300 billion annually it would take 10 years to equal just half of the Iraq conflict's budget.
>>
>>75790495
Shame we can't privately fund wars.
>>
>>75791716

A lot of the same people who don't go to college now, still won't cause they don't care. We could also fund vocational programs in those fields. Those jobs pay well.
>>
>>75791275
Considering the shitty lib classes you fatfucks teach at your unis, one could argue otherwise.

Lib classes will cause WW3
>>
>>75790495
>150,000

Haha what?
It's several millions
>>
>>75790495

Sure, 75 billion but suddenly you need perfect gpa and exceptional extracurriculars just to get on the waiting list.
>>
>>75790495
>150k American civilians died in the Iraq War
>>
>>75791828
>we can't privately fund wars.

Anon, i have news for you...
>>
How else is america gonna get its oil then?
>>
File: 1453248659446.jpg (82 KB, 1024x544) Image search: [Google]
1453248659446.jpg
82 KB, 1024x544
>>75790893
>But the Iraq war WASNT necessary.
Then get in your time machine and tell Saddam that the USA isn't fucking around, and that if Iraq doesn't return to the UN declared ceasefire conditions the USA is going to end him and his nation. Also to give up his illegal WMD (as defined by the UN) extended range SCUD missiles.

Yeah little known fact Iraq had WMD and we know because we watched the missiles on radar exceed their defined max range when they were fired at US troops.
>>
>>75790702

Top one was a one time payment
Bottom is a constant payment.

eventually the bottom will overtake the top.
>>
>>75790495
Can mods start banning people that use this phrase?
>>
Didn't the Iraq war and military adventurism bankrupt the US, which is why you're all in such a fucked up budget position?

Just saiyan.
>>
>>75791275
>University doesnt kill people
So all the people dieing from heart attacks due to their shit being fucked up arent people? Sweet lets kill them.
>>
>>75790495
Except no one is suggesting we got to war with Iraq every year while authorizing 75 billion a year for college requires you to pay 75 billion dollars every year and that adds up over time and there's no guarantee that the amount will stay the same over that time.

Fuck entitlements, better the money is spent killing people, there's too many people in this world anyway.
>>
>>75792422
>Didn't the Iraq war and military adventurism bankrupt the US
Hardly. Also all US debt is owed in US dollars; a currency the US government issues.
>>
>>75790495
Yeah, makes me think we can save $6.075 trillion.
>>
>>75790495
>comparing total cost to cost per year
how deceptive
>>
>>75791275
it does in america
:^)
>>
>>75792628
I don't mean literally bankrupt, obviously an organisation that can print money cannot go bankrupt.

I just mean that the Iraq war was a massive expenditure that contributed to the shortfall in the US budget.
>>
>>75792388
This is a free country.
>>
>>75791752
Ten years is nothing.
At what point do you stop paying for college? What happens when "free college" is an institution like Social Security and cutting money from it is political suicide? Are you still going to paying g for "free college" in a hundred years? What happens if this economy crashes, do we still pay or are we allowed to stop?

Try and see the bigger picture. "Free College" isn't "free" just for your generation, it's "free" for every generation forever until you put a stop to it.
>>
>>75790495
>6 trillion
republicans still claim it cost 1 trillion same as Afghanistan 1 trillion.
until recently the left claimed 4 trillion for both the wars combined not they raised it to 6 gazillion you damn hatemonger.

however if we stick to the republican analysis we get 100 billion per year of the war.
when it was just a theory on paper they said it would be much cheaper.
similarly college will be much more expensive then expected once it's free.

if we take the democrat numbers we have to take into consideration the long term affects of free college. that is to say just like war costs don't end on the battle field but their is a shit tonn of expenses afterwards like new equipment ammo and compensation to vets.
similarly for college we can't just take the 75 billion but the amount of people who will use the system and the damage done to the workforce by people not graduating fast enough
>>
Isn't most of that money going to pay soldiers that were already going to be paid anyway? Why not get our money's worth of military?
>>
The "Iraq War" is a bit of a misnomer as the actual conflict that spurred the reason we entered Iraq (ie Saddam Hussein's regime) was over with almost as soon as we entered. The length of the war was due to shifting objectives that mostly had a lot to do with insurgency conflicts that fit a bit more aptly under the umbrella of the "Global War on Terrorism" more than an exclusively Iraqi conflict.
>>
File: 1451940630536.jpg (82 KB, 562x449) Image search: [Google]
1451940630536.jpg
82 KB, 562x449
>>75792815
>I just mean that the Iraq war was a massive expenditure that contributed to the shortfall in the US budget.
Something like 90% of all the money spent directly returned to the US economy; Call it a 12 year subsidy to tech, manufacturing and the working poor in the US.

Look at it like this if a US government employee shoots a missile that is by law required to be 100% produced within the USA and only use parts made in the US what is the effect on the economy?

That's why you don't take the total cost number as a direct cost to the economy.
>>
>>75793071
Not an argument
>>
We shouldn't have gone into Iraq. We all know who manipulated our politicians into invading it
>Hint: it wasn't the oil companies or defense contractors

Fuck the Iraq war and fuck all the entitled young people who think college can be free. "We went into debt for war so why can't we go into debt for public university". They don't realize that when everyone goes to college, the value of a college degree plummets. Not only that, they are going to end up paying more for their shitty college education (in taxes over their lifetime) than they would if they just bite the bullet, get a job while they take classes, and stop being a little bitch.

I'm going to be fucking pissed if I have to pay taxes on Shaniqua's African-American Feminism Studies degree.
>>
>>75791716
I suppose it filters itself ou though. People who don't feel like going to college still won't go if it's free. Or they'll try it, decide it's not for them and learn a trade instead.
>>
File: think.png (1 MB, 630x874) Image search: [Google]
think.png
1 MB, 630x874
>>75790495

>wow really makes you think...
>>
>>75793177
no.
it's the amount of added cost we you need to pay for the extra 50k soldiers and the use of equipment they needed.
1 trill per war if you trust the republicans.
until recently 2 trill per war by the dems.
no idea where this 6 trill number comes from
>>
>>75790495

People really believe "free college" will mean they get to go to Yale for free.

People don't understand that 90% of the colleges over night would become "Private" and you would have to pay to attend them.

"Free College" would more or less be 2-3 years of Community College, and it wouldn't separate or distinguish your "degree" from the colleges that are now private.

So vast amount of buildings and infrastructure to create a bunch of useless "free colleges", and to pay for them you now get taxed at 55% income tax, and federal sales tax of 25%.

"Free College" YAY!!!!
>>
>>75791226
Costs of running public schools is not comparable to private schools.
Same goes for most other services.
>>
>>75793470
>no idea where this 6 trill number comes from
I'm sure you don't.
>>
>>75793297
This isn't a Stefan thread, anon. Go home you're drunk
>>
If you want to make college education free, you should raise standards for admission, stop curving grades, and actually expel people for being retarded, like they do it in Europe.
Here in a decent (top ~20) college it's hard to even get something lower than B, let alone fail a class.
>>
>>75792218
Or just be black.
>>
>>75792296
The same way we always have: drill it or buy it from Canada.
>>
>>75790702
regardless of numbers or legitimacy98 of either option. the constitution states that national defense, international war, and the maintaining of the army/navy/etc for those purposes is the duty of the federal government and by not being listed the cost of public college is a state issue.

but you know, who cares about that old document
>>
wtf I hate war now
>>
>>75791099
Oh it's another shoah.
>>
>>75791275
>earth is a zero sum event where everyone gets just treatment
L M A O
it will never be that way and human nature will never allow it
hows that mcdegree working out for you
>>
>>75794224

Or just be black or an illeg...I mean undocumented immigrant. Yep.
>>
>>75791275
there was literally a murder-suicide on my campus today at UCLA
>>
>>75790702
The Iraq War was far too costly for whatever meager benefits it brought, and inferring X<B from A>X and A>B is poor logic.
>>
File: 1427820103132.png (214 KB, 1024x1113) Image search: [Google]
1427820103132.png
214 KB, 1024x1113
>>75790495
Not everybody needs to go to college.
We already have an over abundance of people in STEM and other people with useless degrees

Leftists are pushing this idea that blue collar work like carpentry is for uneducated scum and that you MUST get a degree to make something of yourself
>>
>>75792379
Not really. The US always has some war going on. Sometimes it's for good reasons like getting rid of bombs who reached their expiration date and dumping them randomly across the planet. Other times it's for stupid reasons like toppling a so called dictator.

I say education is a better investment.
>>
>>75796660
We topple them for fun. Israel told us it would be fun
>>
>>75790702

As per the Constitution, the government will fund in times of war. One is a requirement of government, the other is not.

u dumb goy
>>
>>75795921
>The Iraq War was far too costly for whatever meager benefits it brought

Idk man, those oil reserves did the west a lot of good desu
>>
>college is worth money
ok borrow for it then
>>
>>75796871
Yes we did. Pleased with the results.
>>
File: Le CTR Face.jpg (50 KB, 373x319) Image search: [Google]
Le CTR Face.jpg
50 KB, 373x319
Damn, I'm now part of the #FrenchRevolution
>>
>>75791087

>Guy asks for evidence either supporting or disproving a statement

HUR DUR YOU EMOTIONAL NUT!
>>
>>75790702

False equivalency. It's not like back in 2003 we were debating in Congress over whether or not to fund free college or go to war in Iraq.
>>
>I'm sorry you got robbed the other day, but you should give me your money, or else. It makes sense because I am demanding less money that than other guy.
>>
>>75797346
>guy has already decided he dislikes something and will oppose it
>THEN asks for evidence
Yeah, sounds like he's really dedicated to impartiality. I bet all the evidence he finds "coincidentally", "just happens to", support everything he already wants to believe.
>>
File: 1464811123768.jpg (296 KB, 2000x1334) Image search: [Google]
1464811123768.jpg
296 KB, 2000x1334
>>75790495
fredum has a brise :D:D:D:D:DD
>>
I support free college/trade schools for students who are getting useful degrees or trades that will make the workforce more skilled and add to the economy or society. Examples
>Doctors
>Dentists
>Engineers
>Architects
>Mechanics
>Mathematics
>Business
>Computer sciences

Not things that most people would get like
>Gender studies
>African studies
>Languages
And other useless shit
>>
>>75792628
That's not how national debt works anon don't be silly
>>
>>75797853

People who are smart enough to get those degrees and do well enough to get a job after shouldn't need the government handouts that are more than the grants and scholarships already in existence.
>>
>>75797853
While I agree in general, swap business with languages, if you've ever gone to a business lecture you will know it is even more obscurantist and pseudo-scientific than gender studies
>>
you forgot to add
>spend 6 trillion
>create ISIS
>now have to spend 6 trillion more
>>
>>75790495
We will get taxpayer funded college when the Jews figure out a way to get all of the money from it.
>>
>we spend lots of money on thing
>therefore we should also spend lots of money on other thing
Not an argument.
>>
>>75798511

Was this supposed to be funny?
>>
>>75798003
>>75798003
Nurses and Teachers don't earn that much money, anon. Other majors might not earn as much as Engineers or Doctors
>>
>>75790495
Why don't Liberals understand the long term side effects that free college would have?
Right now standards in education have fallen to the point where the only thing stopping people from going to college are monetary concerns and despite that there is a huge oversaturation of people with degrees in the job market to the point where they are almost worthless now and that's without them also being free.
Once they are made free there will be no point in college at all.
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.