[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was she right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: golda-meir.jpg (24 KB, 582x306) Image search: [Google]
golda-meir.jpg
24 KB, 582x306
Was she right?
>>
>>75786808
no. there were people living in palestine, the jews did come in and kill them all.
>>
>>75786808
>there were no palestinian people
>just people that had lived their entire lives in palestine
Fucking what
>>
>>75786808
Golda was pretty retarded desu.
>>
>>75786808
...really makes you think
>>
>>75787208
>>75787059
>>75786808
Yes, there has never been a state or unique people-group called "Palestine". That national identity was invented solely by the Arabs to attempt to seize even more Jewish land, after twice violating the terms of the allocation of the land.
>>
>>75786808
I'm gonna state that I did my 4th year concentrating on Middle-Eastern history and what she's saying is TECHNICALLY right, but it's still misleading.

Yes, the people that lived in the area (Israel/Palestine) didn't call themselves "Palestinian", because that's not the name they attributed to themselves. Rather, they would have just called themselves Arab/Muslim/Ottoman. The region was called "Palestine" by the Brits. This was more of a convenient name than anything and it stuck when the UN got involved and imposed the partition, which the Israelis were for and the native Arabs were against.

This whole argument is actually countered by the fact that Theodore Erzle himself said something to the effect of, "The bride is ready, but she has been promised to another groom", referring to the land as the bride, obviously.

So, yeah, this is sophistry by the Israelis because the name "Palestine"/"Palestinian" is being applied to these folks.

It's a form of misdirection/confusion tactic.
>>
>>75787598
Yes, but the region was called palestine, people had been living there for centuries, muslims christians and arab jews, russian speaking jews came and killed them/kicked them out.

nice try jidf.
>>
>>75787684
Are you saying it's not an argument?
>>
File: 1451076955199.jpg (68 KB, 582x509) Image search: [Google]
1451076955199.jpg
68 KB, 582x509
>>75786808
>pic related
>>
>>75789652
Uhh... I'm saying... That... it's misdirection, based on wording. Just because there wasn't a spot on the map called "Palestine", doesn't mean that people who lived there didn't exist.

It is an argument, per se, but it's one based on HER criteria of what it takes to be considered rightful owners of a land, which is the European standard of what it means to be considered a country/nation/state.
>>
There is no ethnic Palestinian the same as there is no ethnic American or Mexican. They still are Palestinian in a sense that they have been living there for generations.
>>
Yes there were Palestinians...they are called Jews
>>
>>75786808
>>75787059
>>75787208

She is right.

The "Palestinians" in Gaza are genetically and culturally identical to the Arabs in Egypt and the "Palestinians" in the West Bank are genetically and culturally identical to the Arabs in the West Bank.

There are no "Palestinians". They are Egyptian and Jordanian Arabs.
>>
personally israel shouldn't exist, and neither should the middle east, they're all bad!
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.