[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will humanity ever achieve immortality?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: Immortality-cover-detail.jpg (52 KB, 548x325) Image search: [Google]
Immortality-cover-detail.jpg
52 KB, 548x325
Will humanity ever achieve immortality?
>>
>>75754828
That would depend on the universe and whether it will go boom, wither away or stabilize.
>>
>>75754828
Agelessness? Yes. Within 20-40 years.
>>
File: sleek pepe.png (662 KB, 862x1000) Image search: [Google]
sleek pepe.png
662 KB, 862x1000
>>75754828
Yes, aging is actually on its way to being cured believe it or not. I know how ridiculous that can sound to some people but if you actually understand the science behind it, it makes perfect sense. Give it 30-40 years or so and providing you have the money and are in good health you will not have to die from aging.

Now... that doesn't mean you can't still be killed by some sort of accident (i.e getting shot or ran over etc). However, technology will increase even further given enough time and there will be ways in such biological death won't actually mean the end of your consciousness.

Your consciousness may be uploaded to a computer and if your body dies, your consciousness will live on. Personally, I would want my body to be alive WHILE my consciousness is also uploaded on a computer and both entities be in constant communication in such a way that I'd essentially be one being. Now if my body were to die at that point that would suck and it would still be death but at least my consciousness would live on in a sense.

Hopefully my body and computer consciousness will live together for many many thousands of years.

Sounds crazy right? Well... the real crazy thing is that it actually isn't.

Have a nice day faggot.
>>
>>75754915
>>75755121
>>75755233
I'll be 60 in 40 years I hope it isn't to late to reverse aging or at least I'll still be in good health.
>>
nah mostly just death
>>
>>75754828
Yes. Believe in Jesus Christ: receive the gift of everlasting life.
>>
>>75755403
You should be fine then. Well... providing you have money anyways. The first treatments are likely going to be incredibly expensive. INCREDIBLY expensive. There will likely also be an elite class of people who try to prevent anyone but themselves to gain treatment for aging. However... eventually everything will get cheaper and have easy availability.

Being 60 years old 40 years from now is fine. The thing with this is that you won't be doomed to having some old decrepit body for eternity where you won't be able to get a boner... you'll be youthful the whole time. You just need to survive long enough for the science to come around... and you know... have money.
>>
>>75755233

How would that work? You cant just stop cells from multiplying.
>>
File: 010001110100111101000100.jpg (45 KB, 317x350) Image search: [Google]
010001110100111101000100.jpg
45 KB, 317x350
>>75755511
>>
I think it'll be more along the lines of a "Ghost In the Shell" type scenario, if it happens at all.
>>
>>75754828

We already did. This world is only temporary OP.
>>
>>75755587
>just stop cells from multiplying
do you mean the cells dying?
it has to do with telomeres, some CEO applied to be a guinea pig and may or may not be immortal at this point, like he said though, not invincible
>>
Statistically you will end up dying from accidents and other incidents not related to health.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.