[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the Constitution a Biblically inspired document?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: one_nation_under_God.jpg (369 KB, 1600x1080) Image search: [Google]
one_nation_under_God.jpg
369 KB, 1600x1080
>>
Sort of the Constitution presupposes that there is a God and that the only person that the private citizens are less powerful than is God himself.
>>
It is only the Satan worshipping libertarians or mentally unstable leftists would want to take God out of the Constitution.
>>
no, the US constitution is the document that defines the united states' government; the central/federal government which serves as the agent for "these united states," i.e. it is the analog of our EU parliament.

were you thinking of the declaration of independence, perhaps?
>>
first of all jesus wasn't a long-haired, dress-wearing faggot

you're getting confused with the pope

>matthew 23:4 For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers. 5But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments,

>mark 12:46 Beware of the scribes, which desire to walk in long robes, and love greetings in the markets, and the highest seats in the synagogues, and the chief rooms at feasts; 47Which devour widows' houses, and for a shew make long prayers: the same shall receive greater damnation.

>1 Corinthians 11:14 Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him? 15But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.
>>
No. God anoints Kings, not Presidents. A Republic can never be Biblical or Holy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiXgOQ9_-RI
>>
Yes, the constitution was divinely inspired, read a book
>>
>>75686085
The Constitution was inspired by Locke's social contract theory. I'm more of a Hobbes man.
>>
>>75686085
No, you can be a dick to the poor and still be eligible for presidency.
>>
File: messiah.jpg (4 MB, 3200x2160) Image search: [Google]
messiah.jpg
4 MB, 3200x2160
>>75686085
Why are you showing the fake image? Here's the real one.
>>
>>75686836

Actually I did read this wiki here. It has alot of counties that invoke God but im not sure about the US.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitutional_references_to_God
>>
>>75687084
a book can be inspired by something without mentioning it
>>
>>75686085
>some guy holding The Origin Of Species
lmao, so this is in support of a literal interpretation of christianity directly from the bible, or else why would he be part of the 'wicked' group in the painting?
>>
The united states constitution was inspired by numerous different documents and historical events. Learn your history.

OP is a faggot
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.