[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Christianity Discussion Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 64
File: Crusader templar.jpg (412 KB, 720x1000) Image search: [Google]
Crusader templar.jpg
412 KB, 720x1000
For all things Christians.

Catholics and Protestants alike. All of you are welcome to discuss theology.

Atheists feel free to ask questions too. But try to be constructive.

Theme song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxsA3J_3kEA
>>
whats yr favorite old testament story?
>>
>>75664070

Without a doubt, the story of Daniel.
>>
File: 209172.p - Copy.jpg (132 KB, 649x484) Image search: [Google]
209172.p - Copy.jpg
132 KB, 649x484
Reminder that Orthodox Monarchy is the only God approved government "they said, Give us a king to judge us. And Samuel prayed unto the Lord. And the Lord said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee"
>>
>>75663798
Is Pope the antipope? http://twoheartspress.com/how-to-respond-if-pope-francis-is-the-false-prophet-2/
>>
File: ww1-johns-gospel-product.jpg (141 KB, 625x625) Image search: [Google]
ww1-johns-gospel-product.jpg
141 KB, 625x625
I've got an appointment with my priest tomorrow to talk about enlisting in the army.

I got the feeling on the phone that he's going to try and dissuade me, so I'm probably just going to keep saying "give unto Caesar" until he can actually give me a good explanation one way or the other.
>>
>>75664360
Francis hasn't changed any Catholic doctrine. He's just moved to the touchy-feely side of existing doctrine to try and appeal to the Catholics who've been hemorrhaging for the last 30 years or so and create a stronger contrast with Islamic extremists.

He's an advertising spokesman more than a leader.
>>
>>75664718

>He's an advertising spokesman more than a leader.

That pretty much sums it up for me.

He still has all the authority of the Pope, but he's being weak about it.
>>
>>75664718
Is it true they think its wrong to try to convert migrants because it is "reminiscent of colonialism and imperialism?"
>>
File: heinz-chapel-hdr-small.jpg (1 MB, 1800x1208) Image search: [Google]
heinz-chapel-hdr-small.jpg
1 MB, 1800x1208
Does the Bible claim it’s perfect without contradictions, the opposite or nothing?
It wasn’t written God but by people inspired by the holy spirit.
>>
>>75665488

Who? Francis?
>>
>>75664070
Ehud. Works his way into enemy capital, is left handed so hides a home made shank on his right thigh, gets audience with fat king, shanks fat king so that the shank is completely inside king, hops out of window and escapes.

Servitors wait a long time to find out because it smells like the king's relieving himself, and they wouldn't want to interrupt that nightmare.

Just a little hidden gem in Judges.
>>
>>75664306
Yes, demanding a King worked out so well for the Hebrews.
>>
>>75664360
He's Petrus Romanus, the False Prophet.
>>
File: 1462206689608.jpg (204 KB, 563x800) Image search: [Google]
1462206689608.jpg
204 KB, 563x800
>>75664565
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVoWbOGzGPQ
The Bible does not forbid being a soldier, though this video has a bit too positive view.
The main problems are that America is often the aggressor force (offensive wars are morally precarious) and many of the soldiers are morally mercenaries (for pay and benefit instead of people and country).
If you become a soldier do not kill civilians, rape, loot, pillage or destroy needlesly and you should be good to go.
>>
>>75665561

The Bible doesn't claim that it is perfect.

For example there is a small error where I think it's Matthew who says the rooster crowed once, and Luke said it crowed twice.

It's inspired by the Holy Spirit.

JESUS is the word of God. The word became flesh.

>>75665780

Petrus Romanus was never said to be the false prophet. That's just one interpretation of St Malachi's prophecy.
>>
post best christian music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNLoti4sjlI
>>
>>75663798
Bugger off. This bullshit belongs on /x/
>>75664070
Samson, the best Bible story. It's got everything :bitches being bitches, the main killing the shit out of everybody, a riddle.
>>
File: Modern Christianity.png (540 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Modern Christianity.png
540 KB, 1024x576
>>75663798
Christians don't wear those suits any long, now they look like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvlCN6C7RGQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNK2Cnvi7Eo
>>
>>75664565
Here's what the bible says about being a soldier:

Luke 3:14 Likewise the soldiers asked him, saying, “And what shall we do?” So he said to them, “Do not intimidate anyone or accuse falsely, and be content with your wages.”

You will find that the Lord will bring you joy in service, even armed service.
>>
File: rome-churches.jpg (626 KB, 1024x658) Image search: [Google]
rome-churches.jpg
626 KB, 1024x658
>>75666079
>christianity in america
what a meme
>>
>>75665967

>Implying that the body-politic of Christianity isn't relevant to /pol/
>>
>>75665860
"Guiding the flock THROUGH the Tribulation" = False Prophet
>>
Hello christiansbro

This world make me proud to be a Christian
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tRK6TWV19k
>>
>>75666225
Do you not know that God does not dwell in houses made of stone?
>>
>>75665561
It says that it is inspired by the Holy Spirit.
When interpreting the Bible the order of authority is Jesus -> Apostles -> Old Testament. Meaning that you cannot interpret apostles so that it clearly contradicts Jesus and that Old testament has to be interpreted in the light of the New Testament. When speaking of the Old testament itself, I consider that the prophets give the correct way interpreting the other books.
Remember to stude Bible diligenty
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZvSuT8bYA0
>>
>>75666263

>Peter the Roman, who will pasture his sheep in many tribulations.

I agree that he is Petrus Romanus. I'm not certain that he is the False Prophet.

I think that is yet to come.
>>
>>75664306
You do realize God was pretty much punishing Israel for asking for a king right? God didn't see any issue with letting the Judges rule.
>>
File: nitra.jpg (119 KB, 533x800) Image search: [Google]
nitra.jpg
119 KB, 533x800
>>75666332
do you mean Acts 7:48?
>>
File: notre-dame-de-la-salette.11.jpg (73 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
notre-dame-de-la-salette.11.jpg
73 KB, 640x480
Post churches of your regions
>>
>>75666545
The False Prophet's reign and the Tribulation are one and the same.
>>
File: csm_levoca5_f00286c4fc.jpg (158 KB, 1333x900) Image search: [Google]
csm_levoca5_f00286c4fc.jpg
158 KB, 1333x900
>>75666593
>>
File: presov 1.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
presov 1.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>75666833
>>
>>75666751

>Many tribulations.

The true tribulation begins in the last 7 years.

I don't think Francis will live that long.
>>
>>75666833
Gorgeous
>>
File: bardejov.jpg (1 MB, 3072x2304) Image search: [Google]
bardejov.jpg
1 MB, 3072x2304
>>75666874
>>
>>75666591
And knowing that, you continue to post pictures of houses made of stone.....made by the hands of men....where God does not dwell....
>>
>>75663798
Have you finally figured out how you know the truth? :^)
>>
>>75666888
Hard to argue with double trips, but he doesn't have to last long. It's time.
>>
Anyone ever read Mere Christianity by CS Lewis? I've been reading it and enjoying it a lot so far. Unfortunately I'm sick right now otherwise I'd read some more.
>>
>>75667075
Yes, it's an excellent work.
>>
Who /orthodox/ here?
>>
File: 1464092095644.jpg (199 KB, 733x487) Image search: [Google]
1464092095644.jpg
199 KB, 733x487
Agnostic here. (I just don't really know/mind the religion stuff)
Why should I trust Christianity, and in what way would it benefit me, apart from a more.. oriented life (with reasons, goals etc) ? I've always viewed religion as a way of killing with an excuse. (Middle-Ages, Islam as a whole, etc)
I also really don't understand that "faith", and how you can have it if you weren't born in a religious family, like, all the proofs that God exist, all the revelations and such all seems so.. fake? I mean, a lot - if not all - of them can be refuted with science/logic. I know some people would put their life in danger for their religions, but why? Don't you get kinda scared when your about to die, because your God did not help you or something? And the whole thing with Heaven and Hell is "great", but still kind of odd, the concept of eternity is odd for a non Christian like me.
Sorry if this is messy, but I have a lot of questions. Thanks /pol/
>>
>>75666998
God is everywhere. Churchs are for us, not for Him. Where we are, He's.
>>
>>75666556

So, he was punishing them by giving them King David, Solomon, Constantine the Great, and all the other good kings of the ages? He also gave us another king—Jesus Christ. Also the period of Judges was the worst period for Israel. Four times in the book of Judges it says "there was no king in Israel" and goes on to say how there was rape, genocide, kidnapping, forced marriage, and idolatry.
>>
>>75667050

It's not time.

Conflict has to happen. We're not ready to accept Anti-Christ. A final push is necessary.

World War III or some similar event must happen soon.

I suspect that tensions will have to rise for the next couple years for that.

Interestingly enough, Isaac Newton predicted 2060.
>>
File: comfycatholic.jpg (182 KB, 1134x820) Image search: [Google]
comfycatholic.jpg
182 KB, 1134x820
Peace be with you my brothers
>>
I am agnostic not an atheist there is no actual proof God exists but also no proof a higher power does not exist so to each is his own.

I have a solid distrust for organized religion, it has played a major part in history but has served its purpose and is no longer needed.

So pol how do you not see organized religion for what it is? Its a business using the fear of death as influence to inspire the masses for causes and profit. To me this is the ultimate red pill and it confuses why most people here don't see it for what organized religion is and what it always has been.
>>
>>75667167
Je vais faire ça en Français.

J'étais comme toi, baptisé à la naissance, ayant fait ma première communion mais jamais élevé de façon "pieuse".

J'ai décidé de savoir ce que voulait dire mon baptème et me suis renseigné sur le Catholicisme. Je suis allé à une messe et ça a été le déclic. Je sentais que c'est là que je devais être. J'ai commencé à lire le Nouveau Testament et tu sens la charité derrière, tu sens à quel point le Sacrifice de Jesus représente énormément pour l'homme.

Après as-tu des questions plus spécifiques? Sur la foi ou autres?
>>
>>75667304

and with you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2VSpj08ejA
>>
File: Dóm sv. Alžbety 3.jpg (68 KB, 649x433) Image search: [Google]
Dóm sv. Alžbety 3.jpg
68 KB, 649x433
>>75666998
didn’t Jesus preach in synagogues?
didn’t Solomon build a temple in Jersualem?
after Jesus cleansed the temple he said: To those selling doves He said, “Get these out of here! How dare you turn My Father’s house into a marketplace!” John 2:16
>>
>>75664360
He didn't do anything ex cathedra yet that would be against the catholic doctrine.
That of course doesn't mean that I am happy with him, just talking about gim being the antipope is too much for now. There were even worse popes in history, but Church prevailed them and he will prevail Francis
>>
>>75667438

>no actual proof God exists

Have you ever heard of Super String Theory?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFtI_mVOXbQ

Good documentary on why the King James Bible is the true, and only unaltered version of the original old Greek and Hebrew translations. Also most non-english bibles are NIV translations, so you pretty much need to know English to have an unaltered version. Stay away from the NIV folks. Also most importantly, stay away from Catholicism (aka paganism). Read the King James Bible folks and use it for all of your questions. Never listen to what any Christian tells you without checking the source in scripture.
>>
File: 8468468458.png (92 KB, 468x228) Image search: [Google]
8468468458.png
92 KB, 468x228
>>75664360
How has he done his work?
Matthew 7:“Beware of false prophets who come to you in sheeps’ clothing but inwardly are savage wolves. By their fruit you will know them. Grapes aren't gathered from thorns, or figs from thistles, are they? In the same way, every good tree produces good fruit, but a rotten tree produces bad fruit. A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, and a rotten tree cannot produce good fruit.Every tree not producing good fruit will be cut down and thrown into a fire.
Seek answer to questions
>Does he teach according Gods will?
>Does he bring glory to God?
>Is he spreading the gospel in Christ?
>Does his teaching bring people to Christ?

To me he seems too universalist, flirting with jews, muslims and other heathens.
John 14. Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don't know where you are going, so how can we know the way?” Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
If he does not stay in this truth then he is a antipope and false prophet.
>>
>>75667167
Let's start with faith. Faith is a human ability. It is the human ability to believe something you have not seen. You have faith; everyone has faith. Everyone was given faith by God, some more than others, so that we could function in life by being able to believe what we have not personally seen.

So I can believe Jesus walked out of His tomb 2000 years ago, by my very human ability of faith, even though I was not an eyewitness.

Anything you believe that you cannot see you do so by faith; wind, gravity, love, time; these are all things you have reasons to believe exist, even though you cannot see them.

The heart of Christianity is this: that Jesus Christ is God; that He became a human being so that He could pay the sin debt we owed God for violating all of His Laws, and that He rose from the dead on the third day.

That's it.

And by confessing Jesus is Lord, and believing in your heart God raised Him from the dead, you become a Christian. (Rom. 10:9-10)

It's important to separate religion, mankind trying to reach up to God, from what God did, reaching down to man. What God did, and believing what Jesus did, matters. What men do does not matter.
>>
>>75667612

If it were up to many Protestants, the Book of Jude and James would have been removed.
>>
>>75664565
There is nothing wrong in being in the army, in Poland we have kapelans which are priest in service to support the troops. Even killing people in war was justified in the Bible.
>>
>>75666998
Also i’m not sure about this but aren’t Christians supposed to meet up? The early Christian met in their houses because they were prosecuted. Cathedrals and Churches are just a bigger versions of that.
>>
>>75667206
So you go into a place like that and say "it's good to be in the house of the Lord", knowing that He does not live there.

You go into a decorated place like that and think that your feelings towards the architect and towards the artists are actually about God in some way.
>>
>>75667274
Jesus was King of Israel when the judges were among the people.

They removed Jesus and took Saul, the tall guy.
>>
Are you trying to tell me that religion-fags aren't just memeing on this board?

Surely you cannot believe in irrational things while calling yourself "red pilled", can you?
>>
>>75667167
>can be refuted with science/logic
You don't know as much as you think if you truly believe this, for one. See Aquinas' proofs for God's existence. This is a good primer:
http://www.amazon.com/Aquinas-Beginners-Guide-Edward-Feser/dp/1851686908

Seek God and you will find Him.
>>
>>75667283
People don't want someone to step out on the world stage and cause the entire world to be united, cause all wars to cease, invent a new global financial system, distribute food to all the hungry, provide medicine to all mankind, etc., etc., etc.

You sure?
>>
File: 1446468175799.jpg (46 KB, 780x564) Image search: [Google]
1446468175799.jpg
46 KB, 780x564
>>75667866

>Implying that Fedora's are redpilled.
>>
File: 1463680226937.jpg (50 KB, 500x483) Image search: [Google]
1463680226937.jpg
50 KB, 500x483
>>75667866
Religion is the redpill. Atheists are normie degenerates.
>>
>>75667438
Organized religion represents systems of bondage.

Jesus did not come to earth to set up another system of bondage; He came to set men free.
>>
>>75667497
And God lived in the Holy of Holies, yes.

He no longer does.
>>
>>75667667
He's leading an emergent church, one that believes all roads lead to God.

It's a very dangerous lie because it is partially true. All roads do lead to God. Every man will find himself before the living God.

But after that meeting, and determined prior to that meeting, some will go to shame and destruction, and some will go to glory. That's the bit the emergent church glosses over. All roads do lead to God, but they do not stop there.
>>
>>75667970

People want that.

But we're not at the stage where almost everyone would almost universally accept someone who would do that.

Too many would resist right now.

Conflict is necessary. The tension has to rise even more than it is at now, and it has to become so bad that everyone is essentially begging for a leader to save them.

We are not at that point yet.

American Christians would resist for example, and they would resist with weapons.

You must remember that they will win until the Lord returns.

You and I will likely be executed, or go into deep hiding.
>>
>>75667713
>What God did, and believing what Jesus did, matters. What men do does not matter.

Amen brother. Something my mom taught me very early in life.
>>
>>75668010
Not saying they are, but everything i have learned about this board points towards being red pilled and sincerely believing in something you have no discernible proof for, are two things that are incompatible.
>>
>>75667716
If it were up to Christians, we would have the catholic church teach James properly.

Proper faith results in proper works.
>>
>>75667761
I see no reason not to meet up in my fellow Christians houses. It's the only model that has worked since 32 AD.

Jesus said He would be where two or three gathered in His name.
>>
>>75668226
Christians will not resist the Antichrist; we won't be here anymore.

And the people left in the churches won't resist the Antichrist; they'll adore him.
>>
File: szoszek.jpg (47 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
szoszek.jpg
47 KB, 640x480
>>75666593
>>
>>75668230
Good on her, and good on you for believing her.

I hate phony Christians more than atheists or agnostics ever could.
>>
>>75667781
So you always pray outside?
Matthew 6:6
But when you pray, go into your inner room, shut your door, and pray to your Father, who is unseen. And your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

This verse is about not being Christian just to show off
God supported temples
But it shows you that you can pray in your home (a building made with human hands)

>>75668074
>>
File: idol of cuckoldry.jpg (102 KB, 578x720) Image search: [Google]
idol of cuckoldry.jpg
102 KB, 578x720
>>75668010
>implying they're more blue-pilled than the people worshipping Joseph's wife's son and his nowhere to be seen father

You're cucks, plain and simple.
>>
File: 1446216555752.jpg (233 KB, 1210x1916) Image search: [Google]
1446216555752.jpg
233 KB, 1210x1916
>>75668241

One of the most interesting things pointing towards a creator or a "source" of all creation is something called Super String Theory.

I will give these short videos as explanation to give you an idea of what I mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-C1cpG6TLc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcN2i9GKsFQ

Super String Theory is a mathematical theory which suggests that there are in fact 10 dimensions, including the dimension of time.

Einstein proved that time is relative. Which means that it bends and goes faster and slower in different places. Which means that those time when you thought time was going faster, it actually WAS going faster because time is relative, and it bends.
Therefore, it is possible to exist outside of time. It is possible to exist outside of our dimension.
>>
>>75668028
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW11UrMkuwc
>>
>>75668465
Actually, the false question to ask me is if I always pray in my prayer closet, as though it were any of your business.
>>
>>75668372

I hope you're right.

But I think we have to suffer through all of it. I don't believe in pre-trib rapture.
>>
>>75668562
>One of the most interesting things pointing towards a creator or a "source" of all creation is something called Super String Theory.

A theory that's not substantiated with evidence - great.

Also, a creator != the Christian god.
>>
>>75665967

That is because Samson was heavily influenced by Hercules. The story of Samson is probably a remnant of a solar deity or solar hero in Jewish mythology that was synchronized with the Hellenic Hercules due to Greek influence in the area.
>>
What's everyone's thoughts on sex before marriage?
>Been with three different girls before finding God
>now super religious
>could have gotten laid last night
>didn't because of thought of sin
>might do it tomorrow
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 306x306
>>75663798
When will you stop denying the fact that Jesus was Korean?
>>
Anyone have any thoughts about either single or double predestination, specifically Romans 9:22? Is Paul talking in the hypothetical, or does this actually occur?
>>
>>75668576
Jesus' harshest words and highest condemnations were to the self-righteous hypocritical religious people of His time; people so "religious" they make any modern day person look like a casual.
>>
>>75668632
Paul did, and so taught the Thessalonians and Corinthians. It's okay though. You don't have to believe it to be in it.
>>
>>75668562
I will check those out and get back to you.
>>
Im having real existential crises, constantly.

I think I am an atheist due to just plain having disbelief that there could be any such thing as divinity. I would like nothing more than for there to be more to the universe than the impending entropy for all things.

Are there any meaningful answers?
>>
>>75668642
He is, actually, as there is only one Creator, and one true God (the title for the one true creator).
>>
>>75667488
Merci.
J'ai lu un peu de l'Ancien Testament, et y ai trouvé pas mal de passages violents quand même. Est-ce que la Chrétienté (?) ne se base que sur le Nouveau, ou l'Ancien? J'avais aussi un peu regardé l'histoire de Jésus qui est magnifique.
Je suis surtout intéressé par rapport à l'éternité, n'avez vous pas peur de cela? Ça a l'air.. ennuyant, l'éternité. Même dans le meilleur des mondes, y vivre à jamais serait impossible. Ne pense tu pas que c'est plus quelque chose de psychologique avant tout? Comme si croire en Dieu te donnerait plus de force chaque jours?
>>75667713
Thanks.
That's an interesting take on faith, but once again, gravity/love/wind etc. could be explained by science.
And.. for me, I can't really believe that someone actually revived himself, to walk out of a tomb, there's no "real" evidence, that I have saw, at least. You, I get this "that's it" responce a lot, and that's what is giving me so much trouble believing it.
>>75667868
Thanks, I'll buy it.
>>
>>75668665
It's tough, because with sexual sin you sin against your own body.

The ideal would be two virgins mating for life. The closest you can get to the ideal from where you are would be your best bet for joy.
>>
>>75668606
What do you mean?
I don’t really undesrtand your post.
>>
>>75668783
It's all about faith man, no one will ever KNOW but you have faith that Jesus is your lord and savior
>>
>>75668804

Nah. That is just Jewish mythology. God is beauty, and Semites are far from beautiful.
>>
>>75668642

But it is substantiated with evidence.

The equation given for electromagnetics, which must work through 4th dimensional space(which bends and curves as well) correlates perfectly with Einsteins equations about the relativity of space and time, and also leads back to the original equation of Gravity itself.
>>
>>75668245
Except Catholicism contradicts everything Jesus taught. You don't confess your sins to God or strengthen your personal relationship with Him. You use a MAN as a medium. You worship idolatry with your pagan practices, big churches, and marry obsession. Catholicism is literally Christianity being cucked by pagan Rome. Catholicism will lead you straight to hell. Repent and read the Bible.
>>
>>75668923
That sucks.
>>
>>75668870
That's why I don't want to sin again. I know Jesus will forgive me for my past. And just because I've sinned in the past dosnt give me the right to do it again. But this chick is hot af and she needs redpilled, she doesn't believe in God.
>>
If one was going to be a protestant he should doubtessly choose Christian Identity
one of the most conservative ,practical and scholarly non-apostolic churches out there
>>
>>75668700
Romans 9:22
What if God, wanting to show His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath prepared for destruction, and that He might make known the riches of His glory on the vessels of mercy, which He had prepared beforehand for glory, even us whom He called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

I take it as "What if God wanted to do this to save both Jews and Gentiles? Who are you to say He could not?"

As with any predestination question, it's important to keep in mind that God knew everything from before the beginning; that God chose every single person who chose God during their lifetimes, before God made the earth.
>>
>>75668783

Just get curious about shit like Fibonacci and Super String theory.

It's the best way to at least begin believing in something that is greater

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcN2i9GKsFQ

>>75669035

>You use a Man as a medium

You do that because it's written that we should confess to one another about our sins, sort of to get it off our chests.

I have met good Priests who are almost like therapists about these things, and it's very nice to be able to have that.

>Mary obsession

Why do Protestants have such a problem with Mary?

Doesn't the Mother of God deserve to be honored and revered?
>>
>>75669083
No it dosnt, I use to not believe. But now that I know their is a purpose to life, I have been a lot happier and more motivated.
>>
>>75668783
It seems to me that in order to make the declaration that there is no God, one would need perfect knowledge.

And then I would find myself in the position of hearing someone with perfect knowledge tell me that there is no being with perfect knowledge.

I find atheism to be thus self-refuting, and a belief system that holds no advantages for the believer.

You seek Love, and Acceptance, and Meaning, and Purpose in your life, just as we all do. And the only thing that satisfies all of those things is God Himself. It's how He made us. By not letting God satisfy those needs, you will find yourself using anything else; sex, drugs, adrenaline highs, music, anything to keep those needs partially satisfied. But eventually you will find that they all fail.

The only thing that never fails is God.

You have to trust someone in life; why not start trusting in God?
>>
>>75668818
Science cannot tell you what love is, where the wind comes from, what gravity is; you hold science out to do things it cannot do.

You can see the effects of gravity, and you can see the effects of the wind, and you can see the effects of love, but you cannot see the thing itself. You believe it exists on faith, with reasons.
>>
>>75663798
i wish i could be a crusader
>>
>>75669249
We are not commanded to confess our sins to any man but God. Fellowship is healthy, but not a requirement. Mary was just a woman. We are not required to even acknowledge her. All that matters is Jesus. Worshiping anything but Jesus, is idolatry and scripture makes this clear.
>>
>inviting Protestants to a Christianity discussion
Way to doom the thread before it's even begun, OP.
>>
>>75664070
Any thing with Samson.
His stories were fucking dank.
>>
>>75668914
You asked if I always prayed outside, and then posted a verse where I should always pray in a secret closet, unheard and unobserved.

God made the Pleiades; do you think He is impressed by your cathedrals?
>>
>>75668818
>could be explained by science
do you believe that something came from nothing? if so, isn't that nothing short of a miracle?
>>
>>75668942
God took the Hebrews for Himself under the Old Covenant, but He takes anyone zealous for good deeds under the New Covenant.

If you have a problem with Jews, you're planning on spending eternity with the worst of them.

Bad plan.
>>
File: 1449824521960.jpg (149 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
1449824521960.jpg
149 KB, 1000x800
>>75669533

James 5:16

>Therefore confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man has great power in its effects.
>>
>>75669035
Yup.
Rome is Babylon.
Roman Catholicism is Mystery Babylon.
The pope is the False Prophet of Mystery Babylon.
>>
>>75669125
You're young; too young to start making decisions about whom to spend your life with. Date around, don't sleep around, and wait until your mid-20's to pick a mate.
>>
>>75669701
there's nothing mysterious about us
>>
>>75669249
>Mother of God

Show me in the bible where Jesus called Mary His mother.

Show me in the bible the phrase "Mother of God".
>>
>>75669698
That's fellowship, not forgiveness.

All sins were forgiven at the cross.
>>
File: typical nupol greatest ally.png (64 KB, 980x484) Image search: [Google]
typical nupol greatest ally.png
64 KB, 980x484
Daily reminder that kikes want you to go atheist or neo-pagan
>>
>>75669780
Mystery in the bible does not mean unknown; it's usually something that was not even considered until it was revealed.

The whore of Babylon has been revealed; she is a city ruling over the kings of the earth who rests on seven hills and is drunk on the blood of the prophets and the saints.
>>
>>75669888

I don't think there's any Catholic who would disagree with you about that.
>>
>>75669845

Do you believe Jesus is God?
>>
File: 1432978643260.png (58 KB, 250x345) Image search: [Google]
1432978643260.png
58 KB, 250x345
>>75663798

Hello, Christians.

I had a quasireligious experience over the last three days, but I would like to seek guidance on it.

I'm a Catholic, of the cultural and moral persuasion, since my extended family does not often attend church outside of special occasions and the occasional midnight Mass since we do not support modern Church politics and many of the decisions made at Vatican II.

I am a delivery van driver. Two days ago a bird, a robin, flew into my van, injuring itself. I saw it in my mirrors, flapping in pain in the middle of the road, and yet I did nothing and continued driving as the side margin was small and the traffic was heavy. I cursed myself for my weakness, and my cowardice in being unable to see to the animal. I prayed that night, asking for forgiveness and the chance to redeem myself for my actions.

The next day, I was driving and out of nowhere, in front of my vehicle in the middle of the road there was an injured robin. I stopped the van, turned on my hazard lights, and picked up the bird, swaddling it in a towel and placing it on the dashboard. It lived for several hours, before eventually dying, I suspect of blood loss as its wing was quite injured.

Is there a message here? A lesson? I have never before struck an animal with my vehicle, so this happening in such close proximity, between my prayers, which I do not often make, is perplexing.
>>
>>75669975
And yet they will continue to ask for forgiveness for their sins, and pay a "penance", when the bible clearly says that the wages of sin is death.
>>
>>75669845
just check Luke 1:26-38
>>
>>75670032
Only if that includes knowing that Jesus is God.
>>
>>75669966
>she is a city ruling over the kings of the earth
the Papacy never had quite full political power over monarchies
>>
>>75669249
Truth about Mary according to Bible
>Devout believer (as are many others in the Bible)
>Exemplary faith (as had many others in the Bible)
>Played important part in Gods plan (as did Abraham)
>Not to be prayed
>Not a mediator between believer and Christ
>Not a "queen of heaven"
>Not part of our salvation
>>
>>75663798
Why is Christianity such a cuck religion?
>Bible story where a dude lets a gang rape his daughters.
>Kissing the feet of refugees who seek to destroy your nations.
>No ethnic nation or community like the Jews.

Why are Christians so cucked OP?
>>
File: image.png (637 KB, 573x1552) Image search: [Google]
image.png
637 KB, 573x1552
>>75669907
Yep
>>
>>75670189

It's necessary to repent of ones sins.
>>
File: raven.jpg (52 KB, 352x272) Image search: [Google]
raven.jpg
52 KB, 352x272
>>75669503

No, we believe it exists because we experience it directly with our senses. I can feel the wind, I can feel the effects of gravity, I can feel love. It's an empirical experience, it's not faith at all.

Get that shit out of here you dumbass burger
>>
>>75670209
Hmmm, no "Mother of God", no Jesus calling Mary "mother", and Jerome's nonsense about Mary being "full of grace" instead of the thirty translations that got it right.

Favored one.

See, the only person in the bible who is "full of grace" is Jesus, and He is God.

He existed an eternity before Mary was born.
>>
>>75667003

First, the Catholic religion does say that having evidence for faith is important.

A lot of commonly cited evidence is, as you said, wrong, but there are a few nice things - miracles, especially the Eucharistic ones. You should research the scientific literature about them yourself, it's much more productive than me trying (and probably failing, I don't have a talent for writing) to explain everything here. Just go read about miracles and, although a lot of them aren't confirmed or outright fake, you will find some genuine ones, like Lanciano. You can say: other religions have miracles too, but these other religions' miracles can be naturally explained.

In all history, there is no confirmed non-Christian miracle I can think of, so even though I can't think of any proof of these being truly God and not some being trying to trick us - not that it's impossible for such proof to exist, just that I don't know any - you have to remember: Christians have a few pieces of evidence, non-Christians have none, naturalists are contradicted by evidence.

Now, which denomination?

There is a quote in the NT saying that "gates of hell shall not prevail" against the Church, so it must be practiced today and at the same time must have a long history continous and unbroken to Early Christian times.

The only chuches which fit are Catholic, a few small sects and Orthodox.

I won't present the full argument here, because as I have already said, my way of paraphrasing arguments already thought of by someone and researched else would look awkward, but the andwers to why Catholicism is right should be extremely easy to google.
>>
>>75670215
The popes crowned kings. Literally.
>>
>>75670326
you have faith that the universe is rationally intelligible, otherwise science would not be able to yield any information.
>>
>>75670311
Show me that in the bible.
>>
>>75670211

Jesus IS God.

Mary give birth to him.

You do the math.

>>75670230

No one prays to Mary or the Saints.

They ask the saints to pray for them.

In the same way you would ask your friend to pray for you. It is good to ask a saint to pray for you because you know that person is good, and will pray for you sincerely.
>>
>>75669503
Well, yes, it can, I mean, there's all the chemicals components (like Dopamine, Serotonin) etc. for love.
We know about gravity the laws of gravitations (for exemple).
We know that wind come from air pressure and from, well, of course, oxigen and nitrogen.
It's still a that's it reason, you know what I mean? But thanks.
>>75669620
Yeah, I could propably agree on that, because the Big Bang seems really odd, but then, where did God came from? It's still the same problem.
>>
>>75670477

Acts 3:19

Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord
>>
>>75670326
Again, the definition of faith is believing something exists without SEEING it.

You have never seen the wind.
You have never seen gravity.
You have never seen love.

But you know they exist, by faith.
>>
>>75670403
All Marian apparitions are demonic.
>>
Baptist reporting in
>>
>>75670483
So Jesus did not exist until Mary gave birth to Him.
>>
>>75670483
Would you ask your dead friend to pray for you?
>>
File: crusades.jpg (155 KB, 770x439) Image search: [Google]
crusades.jpg
155 KB, 770x439
>>75670269

>tfw catholic

can't we just reform the church? it's only kike-like because of the current popes.

>bring back Urban II
>>
I feel conflicted about the whole christcuck thing. In one angle western society is based on its teachings, on the other science and shit.
>>
>>75670548
It's not the same problem, as God is an eternal spirit being Who has always existed, and Who made the universe not that long ago.
>>
>>75670548
>where did God came from?
It's the classic uncaused cause argument. The idea is that the must be something eternal, hence the eternal being requires no creator. Theologians call this "God."
>>
>>75670578
Acts 3
When they didn't know Gentiles could be saved until Acts 10.

You need to read with more discernment; the bible records what was. It does not endorse everything that was.
>>
>>75670645
Once again, only Christianity has evidence and only Catholicism fits the Bible.

I wasn't talking about the aplaritions anyway, because they are based on eyewitness accounts and therefore not to be used as evidence for religion.
>>
>>75670796
Don't worry, your bloodlust for the children of God will once again vent out into the world, and you, as your ancestors, will be the most murderous people on earth.
>>
>>75670954
Catholicism fits the bible as the Whore of Babylon, yes.

That's not a good thing.
>>
>>75670483
>It is good to ask a saint to pray for you because you know that person is good, and will pray for you sincerely.
Only passage for saints praying in the Bible is Rev. 6:10 They cried out in a loud voice, “Holy and true Sovereign, how long will it be before you judge and take revenge on those living on the earth who shed our blood?”
>>
>>75670710

>John 2:4-6

Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come.

His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it.

And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece.
>>
File: 1464083293304.jpg (43 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
1464083293304.jpg
43 KB, 600x300
>>75670798
>>75670863
So, do you believe that something came from nothing?
>>75669620
It's probably the most difficult thing to respond, because in both case it's pretty bizarre.
But be honest, do you find yourself not to believe in him, and just think that it's to give yourself some.. I don't really know how to phrase it but "stamina" for the day? To keep you going?
>>
>>75670384
I think you need to master some logical thinking
Do you believe Jesus is God?
>1 John 5:20
>We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true by being in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.
So we know that Jesus is the Son of God.
Do we know that Mary is his mother? Well getting to the verse I gave you
>Luke 1:26
>In the sixth month of Elizabeth's pregnancy, God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a town in Galilee, to a virgin pledged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendant of David. The virgin's name was Mary. The angel went to her and said, "Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you." Mary was greatly troubled at his words and wondered what kind of greeting this might be. But the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary; you have found favor with God. You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you are to call him Jesus.
So Mary gave birth to Jesus so we can call her The Mother of God with no blasphemy.
>See, the only person in the bible who is "full of grace" is Jesus, and He is God. He existed an eternity before Mary was born.
The God exist in three persons- Father God, Son of God and The Holy Spirit. He came to us as his Son
>John 1:14
>The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 327x428) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 327x428
>>75670796
This
>>
File: 1464399637913.jpg (210 KB, 1280x706) Image search: [Google]
1464399637913.jpg
210 KB, 1280x706
Not to be a Fedorah but...
A) do you actually believe the bibles stories; see Noah and the Flying/Burning chariot

B) Think that Christianity is an appropriate aafe guard against Islam.

OR

C) all of the above.

If A) Dont you have a hard time believing some of these unrealistic stories? If not...explain.
>>
>>75671300
Mary is the "mother of god" only in the flesh. She was a chosen vessel and part of Gods plan. That does not make her queen of heaven or object of worship.
>>
>>75671373
>C

And an answer to your question.
Not really. If you read the bible and attend church it's quite easy to understand these stories.
>>
>>75671373
I'm not Christian, but Christianity has already proven to be a safeguard against Islam.
>>
>>75671485
Jesus was "in flesh" until he rose to heaven. Does that make him not worthy of worship?
>>
>>75671040

Catholicism does not fit the Bible as the whore of Babylon.

The Vatican itself alone fits that description.

>>75671485

Mary is not worshiped.

She is the Holy Mother of God, and is worthy of honor and reverence. She is the proper example of purity in women.
>>
>>75671252
So, do you believe that something came from nothing?
>http://www.rationalchristianity.net/uncaused_cause.html
Give this a read. It's a lot clearer than what was discussed before.
>But be honest, do you find yourself not to believe in him, and just think that it's to give yourself some.. I don't really know how to phrase it but "stamina" for the day?

I was "on the fence" on Christianity for a long time. For me, I always thought that there was some "divine being" out there. The order seen in the universe was too much for me to conclude that everything was a product of time and chance. If anything, I felt that my rejection of God. in my younger days, did not stem from intellectual arguments, but it was that I did not want to be held responsible for my immorality.
>>
File: crusading frog memes.jpg (178 KB, 1024x587) Image search: [Google]
crusading frog memes.jpg
178 KB, 1024x587
>>75670980

Sounds good to me, I guess.
>>
>>75671680
Do you even realize how retarded your semantics are?
Jesus is the Son of God who was born before time began. He descended from heaven through Mary for our salvation. That does not make Mary queen of heaven or mother of god in spiritual sense.
>>
>>75668804
>He is, actually, as there is only one Creator, and one true God (the title for the one true creator).

Yes - and his name is Allah and he has revealed to his last prophet that Jesus was a hack fraud that had a kid die on the cross in his stead.

Equally as valid as yours, which makes arguing for a creator so retarded. There are many religions, often times contradicting each other, and most if not of them have creation myths.

>>75668950
What you're saying is that it just doesn't contradict the current system.

None of this proves the Christian god, you're grasping at straws.
>>
>>75671373
>believe the bibles stories
do you believe something came from nothing?
>>
>>75671194
Yes, that does not sound like a whipped puppy boy child, does it.

And again, Jesus did not call Mary "Mother".

So stop calling her "Mother of God".
>>
>>75671252
God is not "nothing". So no, all things that were created were created by God. He spoke things into existence.

It's time you start trying to wrap your head around that.
>>
>75666666
>>
>>75672099
>do you believe something came from nothing?

God did appearently, so why is that a problem?
>>
>>75671300
The "logical" gyrations of the Roman Catholic Church I find to be anathema.

If you think Jesus came into being through Mary, you are a polytheist, a gnostic, a pantheist; you're a lot of things, but "correct" isn't one of them.
>>
>>75672057

The conversion to Christianity is slow.

I'm not trying to convince you of the Christian God right now.

All I am trying to do is show you that the possibility of there being greater powers than us is likely, and that there are more than likely higher dimensions than the one we are on now.

Haven't you heard of the CERN project? Do you think a Nuclear Particle Accelerator would be developed if Super String Theory didn't have any merit?

Their research led to new discoveries concerning dark matter and the god particle.
>>
File: 1458842919786.jpg (65 KB, 490x427) Image search: [Google]
1458842919786.jpg
65 KB, 490x427
>>75663798
>>
>>75672132

>His Mother

Which part of that didn't you get?
>>
>>75671373
C)

I do not witness everything that happens in the world, so judging things from different times in different places as not to exist because I have not seen them is infantile.
>>
>>75671485
She was chosen by The God himself to give the birth of Christ and raise him and she did that duty perfectionally.
>1 Timothy 5:17
>The elders who direct the affairs of the church well are worthy of double honor, especially those whose work is preaching and teaching.
I would say that she is the most noble of elders since she was the Mother of God. Also, no one is worshipping her in any prayer. We ask her for her intercession with Jesus in our cases. Like in "We fly to your patronage"
>Reconcile us to your Son, commend us to your Son, present us to your Son.
>>
File: pe1.png (191 KB, 500x367) Image search: [Google]
pe1.png
191 KB, 500x367
>>75672235
>God did appearently
what?
>>
Just found out they are tearing down my childhood Catholic Church to put up apartments... What should I do?
>>
>>75671765
Catholicism is Mystery Babylon; she gets her rites and rituals straight from Nimrod/Semiramis/Tammuz, down to the 40 day mourning fast of Semiramis to the resurrection at the end of the 40 day mourning period of Tammuz.

There was no 40 day mourning period for Jesus prior to the resurrection; nobody thought He was going to die then.
>>
>>75671765
>She is the Holy Mother of God, and is worthy of honor and reverence. She is the proper example of purity in women.

This is worship.
>>
>>75672486

No the VATICAN is Mystery Babylon.

666 = Latium
>>
>>75672057
allah is Hubal is Ba'al.

The Arabs have always worshiped Ba'al.
>>
>>75672323
The part where you don't understand that Jesus created the universe.
>>
>>75672508

Honoring someone is not Worship.
>>
>>75667167
I'm a devout Catholic. During the Renaissance, many logicians thought they needed to dismantle the church so the information most commonly spread about the Crusades and the Inquisition are garbage and leave out most of the history leading up to the events. The Crusades were in response to a growing military endeavor by the Muslims. The Muslims already taken the holy land some hundred years before we even waged holy war on them, and we only did it because they started killing pilgrims and intruding on the Eastern Orthodox Church. The soldiers sent did it for the glory of God, not money or personal glory. In fact, it was strictly forbidden to do so. And many soldiers came back from their armed pilgrimage either no wealthier or actually in debt. And the Catholic Church gained little to nothing through the crusades, especially since they essentially lost them since the Muslims ended up having the Holy Land anyway.

As for the Inquisitions; there were a couple and they were handled differently by different people. The French Inquisition was started when terrorists assassinated a French noble (because a specific heresy that all matter was bad, especially human bodies which "trapped the soul") The assassin was captured and the French wanted to openly attack anyone associated with this heresy, because the heretics were literally killing people for no reason. The Catholic Church stepped in and, instead, sent Inquisitors to allow the heretics to denounce their heresy or else be put on trial (a real trial with a jury) and given fair punishment (i.e. Community service, imprisonment).

The Spanish Inquisition was the bad one and while it was orchestrated by people who belonged to the church, it wasn't approved by the Papacy. The church in Spain went way too far in dealing with the Muslims they'd just conquered in war. They were already torturing and killing before the Papacy even knew what was going on and there was little they could do to stop it.
>>
>>75663798
Why is being catholic so unpopular nowadays?
>>
>>75672390
Perfectly? She lost Him in Jerusalem at age 12 for several days.

kek
>>
>>75672520
The Vatican is the Whore of Babylon; she has her own apartment just outside of Babylon proper.
>>
>>75672285
Nobody is denying that. It's fetch to go from that to the whole Christianity nonsense however.

What you're trying to "prove" here makes every religion with creation mythos just as valid as yours and considering that some, like Taoism, don't really have that whole fairy tale aspect to it, it's more likely that they're more acurate in representing the reality you're trying to prove.

It's hilarious.

>>75672392
Where did god come from?
>>
File: 1464539265916.jpg (69 KB, 978x489) Image search: [Google]
1464539265916.jpg
69 KB, 978x489
>>75671806
Thanks, going to read it later.
So, do you think that, because we can't comprehend universe, we should believe in god, because it is a more "rational" thing to believe in?
>>75672194
You still didn't respond to that, other anon gave me The Unvaused Cause, but you still spout the "it is like this because it is like this" it doesn't make any sense.
And, God is not nothing in the sentence, it's the "something".
>>
>>75672279
>If you think Jesus came into being through Mary
Mary gave birth to Jesus but he was in our world even before the beggining of the world
>Holy Trinity
is protip
>>
>>75672599
Antipope Francis the cuck.
>>
>>75672584
You just worshiped Mary as God.

Kind begets kind.

The Mother of God begets God means that the Mother of God is God.

Same as Jesus saying He is the Son of God means He is claiming to be God.

You are a pagan. Repent, and be saved.
>>
>>75672594
68,000,000 murdered Christians and Jews don't agree with your whitewash of history.
>>
>>75672583

I understand that part perfectly.

The words "His Mother" are very clear.

His mother doesn't mean "A woman who happened to give birth to him"

It means just that. It's crystal clear.

"His mother" = "His mother"

Mary is his mother. It is written.

Accept it.

The Son has always existed. The Son of God wrestled with Jacob, and named him Israel.

Before Abraham was, he is.

and yet. Mary is his mother.

and you can read it for yourself a thousand times.

>His mother saith unto the servants

>HIS MOTHER

>HIS

>MOTHER

Do you deny scripture?
>>
>>75672542
Why is your claim about them true but theirs about you isn't?

There's factually nothing supporting either of you, it's just childish pickering.
>>
>>75669780
What he means by Mystery is the Ancient Mystery Schools of Babylon that spread throughout the middle east, turkey, and into Europe. These are the schools and religions that corrupted the Hebrews and gave us the modern Jew. These are the schools that are the foundation of Freemasonry and secret societies. These schools are the teachings of Satan and the Fallen Angels. Babylon the Great.
>>
File: 1463981927182.png (108 KB, 500x365) Image search: [Google]
1463981927182.png
108 KB, 500x365
>>75663798
>mfw I'm protestant in a full catholic country.
>I never meet another fellow protestant.
>>
>>75672712
You half way asked me if God created the universe ex nihilo, and my position was "no".

I do not believe in "nothing", I have never encountered "nothing", and I do not believe "nothing" has ever existed.
>>
Do I actually have a soul?
>>
>>75672784
Mary is called the mother of my Lord in the bible. Why isn't that good enough for you?

Because you have deified her, and worshiped her, and have idols of her, and pray to her.
>>
>>75672731
It's an issue that's been around longer than 2000 whatever
>>
>>75672795
Because theirs comes from satan himself, the father of lies, who can only lie.
>>
>>75672390
>Implying that Mary was responsible for raising Jesus to be good.
Jesus was full of grace and knowledge on His own accord. He teaches rabbis and priests at the age of 12. He was born without sin and therefore needed no raising to abstain from it.

>Reconcile us to your Son, commend us to your Son, present us to your Son.
I dont know what kind of Jesus you heathens believe in but Bible clearly states that He loves us, prays for us and receives us without intercession from anyone. Believing otherwise is mockery of Christ who died for us.
>>
File: knight.jpg (36 KB, 300x100) Image search: [Google]
knight.jpg
36 KB, 300x100
>>75672844

>being any sort of degenerate protestant
>>
>>75672844
We'll meet in heaven bro, and forget all of this nonsense that is happening now.
>>
>>75672663
>Where did god come from?
>http://www.rationalchristianity.net/uncaused_cause.html

>>75672712
So, do you think that, because we can't comprehend universe, we should believe in god, because it is a more "rational" thing to believe in?

No, that was never my point. My point is that if the universe has a beginning, then there must be a eternal creator. Refer to that link if you have the time, it may explain the questions you have about this. So under these premises, the existence of God is a necessity, not so much as it is a more rational judgement.
>>
>>75672921

Only beings with souls are concerned about the existence of souls.
>>
>>75672930

>Mary is called the mother of my Lord in the bible.

That's correct.

Jesus is God, and Mary is his Mother.

You're starting to get it.
>>
>>75673055
Says who?
>>
>>75672972
>Why is your claim about them true?

>>75673032
>let's throw the premisse that everything needs a cause straight out the window if we need to apply that standard to our own ideology!
>>
>>75664565
>>75665812
>>75666171
>>75667747
This is an interesting issue. How did the Catholic church justify armies/militaries conflicts in the past? How was killling allowed with a commandment that reads 'thou shalt not kill'. How did nations justify their cause e.g. 'Gott mit uns'.
>>
>>75673234
>let's throw the premisse that everything needs a cause straight out the window if we need to apply that standard to our own ideology!

you are misunderstanding the argument entirely.

>If something began to exist, something else must have caused its existence
>BEGAN TO EXIST

God does not begin to exist as He is eternal
>>
>>75673236

It's "thou shalt not murder"

When you fight in War to defend your country, that is not murder.

Murder is when you kill an innocent.

See this video to understand:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NSvZ_DAyI8
>>
>>75673126
Oh, I got it all right. I'm not the one thinking Mary created Jesus in her womb.
>>
>>75673214
Is that not self-evident?

(Piers Anthony)
>>
>>75673234
The claim against them is obvious: it came from you.

That Mohammad received a new revelation about a different gospel concerning a different Jesus, from an angel.

Galatians 1:8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed.
>>
>>75673394
>God does not begin to exist as He is eternal
You don't know that.
Also why do you assume that the first cause is god-like with humanized features?
>>
>>75663798
Let's say I'd like to convert to Christianity,
which Christian denomination/branch should I choose?
Several branch that I get to know are holding their "ticket to heaven" exclusively.
>>
>>75673236
They fabricated a "just war" doctrine.
>>
>>75673849
We do, actually. You don't.

Big difference.
>>
>>75673689

You denied that the Bible said that she is his mother.

I showed you otherwise. The Bible directly says that she is "his mother".

The details are up for you to figure out.
>>
>>75673861
If you were to convert to Christianity, that is to be saved, it would be because you did what the bible said to do in order to be saved:

Romans 10
But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach): that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.”

No church ever saved anyone.

No church ever will.

Churches are for fellowship and outreach.
>>
>>75673944
>"It's real in my mind"
>>
>>75673849
the creator before the big bang has to be eternal, as time did not exist before the big bang.
>Also why do you assume that the first cause is god-like with humanized features?

I don't. The uncaused cause argument does not imply a Christian god or any other god.It's an argument for theism.
>>
File: current year.jpg (156 KB, 573x960) Image search: [Google]
current year.jpg
156 KB, 573x960
>>75673236

The "Thou shall not kill" is meant to be "thou shall not murder," as in you are not allowed to take innocent life. Hence why Jesus stated "sell your cloak and buy a sword" to preach self-defense, but also "those who live by the sword, die by the sword" to encourage moderation.

The Catholic Church justified it by saying the saracens were guilty, which in many cases they were.
>>
>>75673007
>Jesus was full of grace and knowledge on His own accord. He teaches rabbis and priests at the age of 12. He was born without sin and therefore needed no raising to abstain from it.
Yet he came and lived with Mary and Joseph and not on his own. I didn't say that Mary needed to teach him about faith (this would be riddiculous). Not to mention that 12 year old boy in that times was considered as a young man, not child.
>I dont know what kind of Jesus you heathens believe
says a protestant xD how's your woman priests and gay marriages are doing?
Why do you say it's bad that I pray to Jesus to give me strength to be a better man, to be not tempted for sin, to say that I am sorry for my sins?
>John 16:23
> In that day you will no longer ask me anything. Very truly I tell you, my Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. 24 Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete.
Also why aren't you posting any Bible verses? Don't know too many? :^)
>>
>>75673849

If you exist outside of time. If you CREATED time itself, then you are eternal.
>>
>>75674063
I asked where Jesus called Mary His mother.

Zero citations. Zero exist.

I asked where the bible said "Mother of God".

Zero citations. Zero exist.

I now ask you to look up in the bible the phrase "Queen of Heaven".

I assure you, that phrase does exist in the bible. Several times.
>>
>>75674084
Your claim to know what I know is obnoxious and false.
>>
File: 131117-padre-pio1.jpg (159 KB, 421x576) Image search: [Google]
131117-padre-pio1.jpg
159 KB, 421x576
>>75673861
Churches that have apostolic succession:
Catholic
Eastern Orthodox
Oriental Orthodox
there are others but I doubt you will find them in Indonesia.

Avoid protestantism, it is pure cancer
>>
File: 1463425600443.png (1 MB, 1195x795) Image search: [Google]
1463425600443.png
1 MB, 1195x795
>>75663798
I have 3 questions (as an atheist).

1. Do you accept mainstream science (evolution/big bang/etc)?
2. Do you want to push creationism in public schools?
3. Do you want to enforce your religion on everyone else?

I ask as genuine questions.
>>
>>75674169

Okay.

Is Jesus God?

Is Mary his Mother?

If you answered yes to both. You know the truth.
>>
>>75674302
1. Do you mean do I believe anti-biblical teachings are true? What an absurd question.

2. I actually do not want to push creationism, but ID has its place.

3. No, of course not. Such a thing is absurd.

Now let me ask you a question.

You have beliefs about religion. Would the country be better off if everyone believed as you do?
>>
File: 1347143366692.jpg (36 KB, 272x252) Image search: [Google]
1347143366692.jpg
36 KB, 272x252
>>75663798
What if god made you so you could feel no love nor affection for anybody?
Has he doomed those to wonder /pol/ eternal?
>>
>>75674308
Zero citations.

Not in the bible.

I wonder why that doesn't bother you.

Just kidding. I know you worship her and not God.
>>
File: Salvation.jpg (159 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Salvation.jpg
159 KB, 1280x720
>>75673861
Catholicks are the ones who claim that outside their church is no salvation.
True church of Christ is spiritual union with Him, it is not same as some earthly organization. Everyone who has salvation in Christ is redeemed.
Every organization who believes in Christ has both devout believers and apostates. Both good and false teachers.
Choose the one that teaches according to Bible and remember not to place your faith in men but Christ alone. He is the firm foundation.
>>
>>75674086
>the creator before the big bang has to be eternal, as time did not exist before the big bang.

Why does he have to be eternal? Whatever dimension that creator is in could just have its own seperate time. A time we should be able to judge due to relativity from our point of reference; before creation/after creation at least.
"Time did not exist before the big bang" is just special pleading.

What if the universe created itself? What if it's eternal? That argument really doesn't hold up.

>The uncaused cause argument does not imply a Christian god or any other god.It's an argument for theism.
Then why is it constantly shilled by Christians that would prove for example Brahman just as much as their own god?
>>
>>75674302

1. mostly yes, macroevolution is still doubtful though. Hard to make any judgments on this

2. no, not the literal "poof there's an animal" creationism

3. Enforce as in pointing a gun at you? No of course not.
>>
>>75674500
There exist people like that; emotional lepers. But nobody's doomed from birth. Everyone has a chance to choose For Jesus or Against Jesus.
>>
>>75673725
>self-evident
Please present evidence.
>>
>>75674543
He revealed Himself as eternal; He said His name is I Am That I Am, or more properly in the future tense, I Will Be That I Will Be.
>>
>>75663798
Is it true early christians and crusaders were vegans?
>>
File: Mary-Padre-Pio-Quote-800px.jpg (209 KB, 800x223) Image search: [Google]
Mary-Padre-Pio-Quote-800px.jpg
209 KB, 800x223
>>75673126
>>
I keep wrestling with the concept of nudism. I keep being led to lust.
>>
>>75674128
>If you exist outside of time. If you CREATED time itself, then you are eternal.
Whatever dimension that creator is in could just have its own seperate time. A time we should be able to judge due to relativity from our point of reference; before creation/after creation at least.
"Time did not exist before the big bang" is just special pleading.

>>75674212
Your claim that what you know is NOT just real in your mind is obnoxious and false too, but that doesn't stop you Christcucks from making a thread on /pol/ every other day.
>>
>>75674109
That takes care of other religions. I read that this was the fact for early christians aswell. Clovis waging war against other germanic peoples under the flag of 'but they're arianists' etc. So it's justified.
But what about more modern examples of conscripts being told to fight other Christian countries? Here's the problem that it's no professional army and the enemy is Christian/ catholic aswell
>>
>>75674638
Apparently things that are self-evident to some are not self-evident to others.

My evidence would be you.

You would not worry about not having a soul if you did not have a soul.

You are now not worried about not having a plikdinkstsf because you do not have a plikdinkstsf.

You are your soul.

Your soul is currently wearing your body.
>>
>>75674528
I explained it here
>>75671300
and nobody is worshiping Mary as I explained here
>>75672390
>>
>>75674748
And there you go again, telling me I don't know what I know.

The sheer arrogance is astonishing.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 64

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.