[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>2015 >still being a democuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8
File: 1464694512642.jpg (65 KB, 584x399) Image search: [Google]
1464694512642.jpg
65 KB, 584x399
>2015
>still being a democuck
>>
File: 1459568758919.jpg (22 KB, 540x270) Image search: [Google]
1459568758919.jpg
22 KB, 540x270
Democracy is the only political mechanism that allows people to keep themselves free outside of subsistence hunter-gatherer societies.

Aristocrat faggots get out.
>>
File: 20th century slave shackles.jpg (7 KB, 300x204) Image search: [Google]
20th century slave shackles.jpg
7 KB, 300x204
>>75661023
>democracy = freedom

All the western governments of the world are one form of democracy or another-- all it has resulted in is neofeudalism.

>my suggestion matters
>>
Monarchy 2016
>>
>>75661023
>people to keep themselves free
You think Merkel's Germany is free? Hell you think the US is free?
When voting left the domain of white men, the country has gone straight down the road of totalitarianism.
Democracy might function if you limited the voting rights like your pic does.
But when you let every lazy, retarded, and mentally ill person vote then your society is fucked.
>>
>>75661283
If democracy leads to feudalism, so be it. Democracy distributes responsibility to the masses, and if the masses can't handle it, that's their failing. People who value freedom can always seek it out.
>>
>>75661023
But democracy in it's original form doesn't include universal enfranchisement. All of the great republics and democracies excluded large swaths of the population. Switzerland didn't even allow women to vote until 1971, and they're one of the freest countries on the planet.
>>
>>75661909
It's a paradox that nations with monarchs are routinely more 'free' than pure or republican democracies. But democracy is founded on the idea that eventually rationality and reason will succeed and that free people will be the best caretakers of their own freedom, even if it takes a generation to resolve a problem.

It's an experiment that's ongoing, and I don't see recent problems as a cause to give up on it.
>>
>>75662252
>recent problems
It was always shit pham
>>
File: 1462650654334.jpg (36 KB, 640x432) Image search: [Google]
1462650654334.jpg
36 KB, 640x432
>>75662377
Liberty we create for ourselves will always be more valuable than liberty granted to us by others.

But if you want to keep sucking Wilhelm II's dick, be my guest.
>>
File: 1454977386669.jpg (196 KB, 533x800) Image search: [Google]
1454977386669.jpg
196 KB, 533x800
Democracy worked for 13 growing colonies who knew the alternative would not work, and so they pitched their efforts so it would.
It is not working for 50 welfare states fostering a booming generation of useless anti-patriots who simultaneously leech from the teat they claim poisonous.
We need a patriot to cut the fat and the parasites. A true leader who will smash the cobwebs that have been spun by self-posessed men for decades. A man who will take the reigns and do with the country what it needs to prosper.
A true patriot.
>>
>>75661283
>>75661720
The reason people think democracy = freedom is simply because that's how kids are taught today. I still can't get over the fact that schools teach kids america = democracy when we're a constitutional republic. As people get older they tend to realize how foolish democracy is.

>>75661755
But that's the thing though. The masses aren't really responsible for anything. When athens kicked out their oppressive king, they set up their society so that the ones protecting it were responsible for it- free men. When america became a free republic, only the landowners(taxpayers) had a vote, but EVERYONE got freedom.

One thing that becomes clear with age is the old saying "the best form of government is a benevolent dictator". The problem of course is how do you know that king or dictator will stay benevolent or if his kid will be? That's why you want a system with responsibility distributed somewhat. This leads to a society with elected leaders where everyone is free, because that's the entire point of forming government: helping ensure that citizens have personal and economic freedom. But turning everyone into equals when they don't have equal stakes or care for the society just results in people seeking theft through government. Everyone doesn't need the vote. Voting is simply a larger stake, responsibility or privilege for those that give more.
>>
Started reading democracy the god that failed us...its a good read for anybody who has doubted democracy. Pdf can be found online easily.
>>
>>75663260
>>75662876

We can disagree about the problems with universal enfranchisement all day.

But OP is saying democracy is bad, so he can fuck off.
>>
>>75662252
>It's an experiment that's ongoing, and I don't see recent problems as a cause to give up on it.

You sound like one of those "let's try communism again even though it's a demonstrable failure" type of people.
>>
>>75663589

>You can disagree with me, but only within an acceptable boundary. This guy who strongly disagrees with me can fuck off.
>>
File: 1457247081079.png (188 KB, 347x360) Image search: [Google]
1457247081079.png
188 KB, 347x360
>>75663733
>telling someone to fuck off is infringing on their rights

Insulting the basis for Western society is substantially worse than mild bullying.
>>
>>75663624
You're comparing niggers on welfare to millions of dead in 1930s USSR and 1950s China. That's some excellent false equivalence.
>>
>>75660534
>current year
>>
>>75664130

I did not mean to compare it in scale, but rather the fact that you're desperately advocating a system that's been proven to be terrible.

But if we are talking scale, I would say that the trillions of dollars wasted, the continuing loss of our rights, and the now global scale of warfare can be contributed to democracy (to clarify on the last point, monarchal wars were small, semi-privately funded affairs over territory -- nothing like the total wars of ideology you see in the Civil War, WW1, WW2, or modern warfare. >>75663567 describes it far better than I could and is a must read for any libertarian even if you ultimately disagree with it).
>>
>>75663589
>democracy is bad

But it is. We need to have stronger republican ideals.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.