[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
UK National Union of Students is a basketcase of an organisation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: it's current year.png (48 KB, 393x255) Image search: [Google]
it's current year.png
48 KB, 393x255
http://thetab.com/2016/05/31/nus-voted-abolish-prisons-91694?utm_source=nationalxpost&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=pages

>The NUS black students’ conference have voted to abolish all prisons, deeming them “sexist and racist.”

>The motion, titled “Prisons are Obsolete! Abolish Them Now!”, calls for the removal of “the prison-industrial complex” due to high reoffending rates and a disproportionate number of black inmates.

And people wonder why so many universities are trying to leave the NUS. In the last two months, three universities have left, and three more have had referendums but chose to stay. Many more referendums for other universities coming up, including Oxford. Anyone who criticises the NUS is being labelled a sexist/racist/Islamophobe because the new president is an Algerian Muslim who refused to condemn ISIS, and who described a university with a high Jewish population as a "problem".

Fucking nignogs, man.
>>
The NUS in Aus is running into problems too.
>>
File: you get nothing.gif (528 KB, 300x165) Image search: [Google]
you get nothing.gif
528 KB, 300x165
>>75640944

Now that the NUS has a Muslim president I would leave and join a different organisation. Or just go to a pub off campus.
>>
Does anyone take these ''unions'' seriously though ? What's the big deal ? It's just dumb dindus..
>>
>>75640944
NUS has been a fuking joke for years senpai, the only benifit my uni has for NUS members is 10% off at the student bar. Great, I saved 25p on a breakfast sandwich.
Wonder if there is any way I could push for my uni leaving the NUS.
>>
>>75640944
NUS here simply exists for students whom nobody at Uni that knows them likes to kick of careers as lefty politicians that nobody who knows them likes.
>>
>>75641256
I believe the NUS is the only national student's union, but I suppose if enough unis leave (Newcastle, Lincoln and Hull left recently; Southampton, Imperial College, Glasgow and St Andrews have been out for a while) another union could form.

>>75641345
Now would be the best time to try push getting out. My uni has a referendum this week, a few people from Labour and Conservative societies set up a petition about a month ago and got enough signatures to trigger a referendum.
>>
>>75641345
Most Unis have disaffiliation groups now, depends on how cucked your SU is. Unfortunately I'm at one of the most cucked Unis in the country so it's not likely to happen until everyone else leaves
>>
>>75641256
>>75641401
Oh also the main advantages to the average individual student, discounts and cheap booze, don't really need the NUS. Most places now accept free UniDays cards for the discounts' and the NUS is campaigning to increase the price of alcohol to stop problem drinking.
>>
File: bantime.jpg (101 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
bantime.jpg
101 KB, 1280x720
>>75641545

Yeah Ironically the NUS can be completely bypassed by using an off campus pub for drinking and shop around for cheaper deals without an NUS card, i.e. Poundland or primark, Amazon, etc..

After what's happened to the NUS it's become Titanic 2.0

> Abandon ship
>>
>>75640944
>a university with a high Jewish population as a "problem".
So /pol/, the student union.
>>
>>75643898
She's coming at it from the Arab angle, of Jews are bad but Muslims are gr8.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.