[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alcohol and Longevity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 12
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 359x140) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7 KB, 359x140
Is abstinence from alcohol blue pilled?
>higher stress levels
>increased cholesterol
>shorter life span; not only compared to moderate drinkers even heavy drinkers as well.

https://psmag.com/the-truth-we-won-t-admit-drinking-is-healthy-4d3c7b12fa9a?gi=f9d36c0845d3#.icv7eu38i
>>
>>75519440

This is the most retarded shit. Alcohol is a poison. Look at how many people are killed each year due to it. Fuck off.
>>
>>75519659
You do understand that people who drink statistically live longer than those who dont? This is documented among large populaces.
>>
>>75519659
Also, most things kill you if you consume too much. Chlorine is a poison, yet swimming in bacteria infested pools is a lot worse than swimming in chlorinated pools.
>>
Four of the last five Republican candidates for President have been teetotalers. (GWB twice, then McCain wasn't, but Romney and Trump are)
>>
>>75519659
You can die from drinking too much water. You can die from doing too much excersize. Many things that are good for you are deadly if you overdo it, that's a stupid argument.
>>
>>75519440
That kind of makes sense, cardiovascular problems are the biggest killers in the West and alcohol reduces that risk, even if it gives you other problems like increased odds for cancer. I don't fully trust that source though.
>>
some people aren't abstinent for any health or moral reasons, they just don't like the taste and/or the way it makes them feel. I hate the way pretty much all alcohol tastes except for drinks that would make me look like a total faggot that are saturated in sugar, so I don't drink often. I also don't really like how it makes me feel, and don't like how it makes my fingers and toes feel numb. I really only drink in social situations that call for it, but keep it to a minimum and have water as well; or on nights i'm having a hard time getting to sleep i take a couple shots of vodka. It tastes like the shittiest of shit but i'd rather taste that in a quick shot than some long and drawn out beer.
>>
File: Costco Kirkland Bourbon.jpg (405 KB, 1194x1600) Image search: [Google]
Costco Kirkland Bourbon.jpg
405 KB, 1194x1600
>>75523714
Learn to sip or shoot whiskey friend. Alcohol is an acquired taste. Things like whiskey you will grow an appreciation for. You will never grow an appreciation for vodka.
>>
>>75521666
>GWB twice
That doesn't count as twice, dummy. He was a former drunk who had to quit entirely because he was addicted and lacked discipline.
>Romney and Trump are
Both for irrational reasons as well.

>>75519659
Bottom line: moderate drinkers live longer than non-drinker trash. Stay dumb.
>>
>>75524372
>Both for irrational reasons as well.
Romney is a Mormon so that holds up but Trump's brother died of alcoholism. I wouldn't call that entirely irrational.
>>
>grandfather is irish
>haven't seen him sober in the last 10 years
>he's turning 100 in a few weeks
>>
>>75524610
>Trump's brother died of alcoholism. I wouldn't call that entirely irrational.
He saw that happening and didn't want to 'chance' being able to have restraint himself and so avoided it all together. It is understandable, but still irrational, though he'd probably even admit that himself.
>>
>>75519440
There is nothing healthy about heavy drinking.

t.recovering alcoholic
>>
>falling for the liquid jew
>2016

Top wew lad
>>
>>75525522
t. Refugee
>>
>>75519659
So is chlorine and flouride, your point faggot?
>>
>>75525481
If you read the article you better start drinking again soon lad. Especially if you're a cigarette smoker; gotta thin out that tar in the blood.
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 500x296) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 500x296
>>75519440
The Fuhrer didn't drink or smoke. Get out of here, kike. Be gone.
>>
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 505x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 505x800
>>75519440
Nah man , i personally don't like alcohol. Yet im a Jew so I'm automatically degenerate
>>
>>75525923
He was also a vegetarian faggot.
>>
>>75524829
Being irish, I'm pretty sure he'd actually die if he ran out of alcohol
>>
Well shit, thanks for bringing this to my attention OP
I'm a non-drinker but I should probably rethink that if these claims are true.
>>
>>75519440

Former chronic binge drinker confirming this as utter bullshit. Cutting alcohol out of my life was probably the best thing I ever did for myself. People who believe this kind of retarded horseshit are in the same category as stoners trying to claim that weed is medicinal or fat people going off about "muh genetics" or "healthy at any size".

If you want to drink, then drink; but don't delude yourself into thinking you're improving your health or that drinking gives you some kind of advantage over people who don't. It's a vice, an indulgence; something that serves no purpose other than to bring you pleasure at the expense of a health risk that is proportional to how much you indulge. The mere act of consuming alcohol is not degenerate in itself, but any amount of alcohol consumption carries negative consequences, as opposed to abstinence, which carries exactly zero negative consequences.
>>
>>75526550
>The mere act of consuming alcohol is not degenerate in itself, but any amount of alcohol consumption carries negative consequences, as opposed to abstinence, which carries exactly zero negative consequences.

Sigh... Another one of you AA faggots. If you read the article, you would see their are indeed increased health benefits; moderate drinking carries ZERO health negatives. And not drinking alcohol puts you at risk of heart complications way earlier.

There is literally a shit ton of evidence that moderate drinking is in fact healthy. I hate you "recovering" fags crying that any alcohol consumption is bad because you needed 7 drinks every drinking session.
>>
>>75526550
That's not what the research says though.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17159008

A study with one million data points published in a top peer reviewed journal is going to need some very compelling evidence to refute.
>>
File: boozing.jpg (38 KB, 340x270) Image search: [Google]
boozing.jpg
38 KB, 340x270
>>75519440
1. Whites have been drinking for thousands of years. We have an well developed enzymatic system to break down etil-alcohol. Basically all other races either aren't biologically compatible to drink or lack any historic-cultural experience as a group. My point is let's just narrow our discussion down to white populace.
2. There are a few important factors: What you drink, when you drink it, why you drink it, with whom you drink it.
The most superior drinks are probably quality wine and quality spirits (high quality whiskey for example). You should prefere these whenever you can, and they are the only booze allowed to drink at home/alone/withgf.
Beer, Vodka, Rum, are generally shit tier. You have to avoid them whenever you can, they are only occasionally allowed during social gatherings.
Generally avoid drinking alone trying to suppress your feeling negatively about your life. It'll kill your motivation to improve and you'll end up as a basement dwelling alcoholic. Drinking alone at home is only accepted if for example it's for stress reduction after a long day at work or for when you celebrate some kind of achievement. Otherwise focus your drinking to social gatherings with friends to facilitate the discussion about politics, traditional national values and culture, fighting against modern day degeneracy, furthering the white race. Parties, discos, dancing clubs etc are degenerate tier.
Drink when you feel good for some reason: You had a productive day at work, celebrating you graduating from a STEM university, the birth of a white child in your family, having a great discussion with friends. A breakup, "tfw no gf", being unemployed are no reasons to drink, you don't deserve it. Booze isn't for mourning yourself for your incompetence and failed life, it's for celebrating a successful one.
Drink it with real friends, with family, with your gf/wife. Don't drink with random people you hardly know and can only converse about last weeks telly series.
>>
>>75526026
lolsame
>>
>>75527070
Thank you based Hungary.
>>
>>75527070
Here's your (You)
Now get the fuck out I drink whenever the hell I want
>>
File: 1464009661327.jpg (25 KB, 552x594) Image search: [Google]
1464009661327.jpg
25 KB, 552x594
>>75527070
cont.
3. Yes, moderation is important. Do not get shitfaced too often (max 4 times a year). But you don't necessarily have to limit your frequency of consumption too much. Generally according to peer reviewed articles you should have at least 2 days in a row a week when you do not drink at all. I think that is easily done. Otherwise a couple of glasses of wine a day won't hurt you. Quite the opposite. Alcohol has cardiovascular protective qualities. But you must monitor your BP, and watch out for any shortness of breath. Alcohol might have some side effects on your heart, but that's not a general occurrence. Recurrent overdosing will definitely damage your liver, but even in severe alcoholics only 1 in 5 develop cirrhotic liver disease. As long as you are only a moderate drinker this risk is practically minimal.
4. Not drinking at all is sandnigger tier. So you must avoid that, or else you are no better than Ahmed.
>>
Problem for me is I can't stop as soon as I start drinking and usually end up non responsive and in hospital
>>
>>75527528
This is a thread about consuming alcohol, not cum.
>>
File: 1464105931287.jpg (47 KB, 564x400) Image search: [Google]
1464105931287.jpg
47 KB, 564x400
>>75527528
It's hard to resist. But you'll learn to. Except if you are abo.
>>
>>75519799
This has less to do with alcohol and more to do with the lifestyles people have who drink alcohol.

If you're a drinker you're more likely to be active and social.
>>
>>75527070
Also make sure you dont spill that high quality whiskey on your fedora
>>
>>75519440

No, trust me. I'm an alcoholic. Not drinking sucks ass. Not smoking sucks ass. Not doing drugs sucks ass. Life is too short to do drugs. Life is too long to not do drugs. Just keep your shit in line. Get a gf. That shit helps a lot.
>>
>>75524610
>died from alcoholism
That's died from poverty levels of retarded. You can die if you get too shit wrecked and choke on your puke but you can't die just because you replace your scope with a bottle of jack. The biggest pluepill you can take is trusting KIKE DOCTORS AND TV PRODUCERS. WITH ANYTHING. believe me I don't know their lies I don't nope just talk to god he answers my questions I know if my vessel doesn't interfere with anyone else's he'll take my spirit when these organs kick. I know what's to see and you guys better start believing or you'll end up a lot worse than the "sinners" you see that piss blood.
>>
>>75527781
You have any proofs of that or just literally pulling it out of your ass?
>>
File: 1464580718550.jpg (59 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1464580718550.jpg
59 KB, 200x200
>>75527799
That bullet missed kike. Atheist fedora people are more often that not propagating abstinence. They are some of the worst degenerates.
>>
>>75519440
>hurr durr alcohol is good for you
Fuck off retard. Being drunk is degenerate as fuck.
>>
File: 1410754910321.jpg (14 KB, 250x418) Image search: [Google]
1410754910321.jpg
14 KB, 250x418
>>75527932
Well that's enough internet for today.
>>
>>75528157
Being perma-sober is what's degenerate lad. That's why you die earlier.
>>
>>75519440

I've literally known 3 heavy drunkards all who have died before 60. Fuck outta here.
>>
>>75528437
Did they consume more than 5 beverages a day? Because that's where longevity starts to decrease.
>>
>>75519659
define "poison"

literally anything will kill you given the right dosage, including oxygen and water. you think you know how the universe works, but you're a clueless child.
>>
>>75527932
you've never heard of liver cirrhosis or heart disease? what about alcoholics dying of cardiac arrest when going through withdrawals?
>>
File: 1425956561419.jpg (140 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1425956561419.jpg
140 KB, 640x480
>>75527070
>beer
>only occasionally allowed during social gatherings

get a load of this nerd
>>
>>75527938

Do you understand how science works?
>>
>>75529489
Lagers are definitely shit man.
Quality ales are way better but still not even close to wine.
>>
File: flat,800x800,070,f.jpg (41 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,070,f.jpg
41 KB, 800x800
>>75524829
>this post
>>
>>75525923
No, but he did love him some methamphetamine.
>>
>>75529759
>Do you understand how science works?
Yes, things require proof. Like one would measure lifespan of active non-drinkers vs drinkers...

Do you understand how science works?
>>
>>75527070
This.
>>
File: 20160526_051019.jpg (3 MB, 4250x2390) Image search: [Google]
20160526_051019.jpg
3 MB, 4250x2390
I enjoy a few beers after work.
As long as you drink moderately, its beneficial.
>>
>>75528121
>They are some of the worst degenerates
Oh I know, your post is quite a testament of that.
>>
From the article:

>Yet, despite drinking far less than many European nations, Americans have significantly worse health outcomes than heavier-drinking countries. (For example, despite being heavily out-drunk by the English, we have almost exactly twice their levels of diabetes, cancer, and heart disease.)

These niggers actually believe that correlation = causation. Eurofags typically eat less calories than Americans too. This article is shit, and I'm an alcoholic who is drunk right now.
>>
>>75519440
If a man can't handle a drink he is not white simple as that.
>>
>>75527070
there is no better drink in the world than good beer fuck off
>>
>>75528121
>Atheist fedora people are more often that not propagating abstinence. They are some of the worst degenerates.
Definitely agree. How is one a good Christian without the sacrament of wine?

>>75530285
>autism
>>
>>75522260
>You can die from drinking too much water.
Cite something please, that sounds like bull shit.
maybe if you don't evacuate your bladder you'd have issues. But I find it hard to believe that someone can drink too much water and die the way one can with alcohol or other toxins, unless they were physically forced to drink an excessive amount and the the issue would be from the trauma, not the substance being ingested.
>>
>>75530588
Good whiskey>>>>>>>>>>Good beer tbqhwyfamala
>>
>>75530726
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_intoxication
>>
>>75530726
If you drink a ton of water, you will deplete you electrolytes (most importantly: salt) and die because of your cells swelling and later bursting. See
>>75530848
>>
>>75519659
t. Ahmed
>>
>>75530793
I like to drink outside and beer is preferable for that
>>
>>75530711
Sure thing OP
>>
>>75529175
Never happened to me. Next thing you know you'll tell me you believe in airplanes, space travel and only 3 dimensions? You don't even soul surf amigo
>>
>>75529175
like 1 in a million hardore alcoholics die from withdraws these days all you have to do is get a benzo
>>
There are benefits to consuming rat poison, doesn't mean it should be done in large and regular quantities.

The article OP linked to seems like misinterpreted bullshit written by a scientifically illiterate dickhole. It's never going to be the case that drinking large quantities of alcohol will be beneficial to you in the end.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.