[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any value to joining Mensa?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: download.png (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download.png
6 KB, 225x225
Is there any value to joining Mensa?
>>
>>75314920

only the value it brings to you.
>>
>>75314920

To prove you're a cringe-worthy, insecure faggot who needs a "I is really smarts" badge while paying a monthly fee to talk to other pretentious autists about crossword puzzles.
>>
>>75314920

If you're university age, all the free money you'd need to educate yourself until you've been satisfied.

References for employment.
>>
>>75315169
in other words:
>you couldn't get in

>>75315269
really? Scholarship money? Cool.
>>
>>75315379

>mensa faggot detected

Legit cringey
>>
File: 1464084303750.jpg (43 KB, 472x650) Image search: [Google]
1464084303750.jpg
43 KB, 472x650
>>75315169

Fucking this. When I was in the Bay Area near Berkeley I got asked to go to one of these meetings because muh intelligents (tested by job recruiter at 142 take from it what you will). A bunch of pedantic faggots. No life skills. But I did hear about Go fighting AI from a Googlefag when I was there.

Dont go anon, your value is not based on intelligence quotient. After a certain level it gives you diminishing returns and you turn into an unfuckable, unsufferable sperg.
>>
I joined Mensa in order to be able to put it on my resume.
>>
>>75315546
What was the test they used?
>>
>>75315546

This tbqh onii-senpai. Went to one get together and never went back.
>>
Mensa is great if you like hanging around with a bunch of 130 IQ neckbeards who think bragging about being in Mensa will make people think they're a genius. Because of the shape of the bell curve nearly everybody who is eligible for Mensa is just above the lower limit, and nobody who is well above the limit needs that sort of puffery or worries that people won't realize how smart they are.
>>
>>75315846
Back in my day they took the Stanford and Weschler IQ tests, the SAT, and I think the AFQT subsection of the ASVAB and the National Merit percentile score from the PSAT.
>>
>>75314920
The 'M' is always an 'M' no matter from which corner. So the globe thing would otherwise fall off because 'M' is a table so the globe thing is flat :)
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.