[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else disappointed by today's news of no debate?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: donald trump make america great.jpg (94 KB, 1200x659) Image search: [Google]
donald trump make america great.jpg
94 KB, 1200x659
Anyone else disappointed by today's news of no debate?

Personally I am hoping that Trump pulled this as a tactic to generate more hype and raise more money.

It's similar to a boxing fight that everyone wants to see being hyped with rumors and then they can't make a deal or drop out of it for a stupid reason, when all along they already knew they wanted to do it and were just trying to generate some money.

I'm hoping that in a few days Trump makes an announcement that he will debate Bernie, that it will be hosted live on a big TV network in a big stadium, and with a massive amount of money maybe 50 million raised for various charities.

What was the point of Trump trying to pander and being nice to Bernie to convert some of his voters, if he would have pissed off his fanbase and turned them off by pulling this stunt off and not following through?
>>
>>75314720
Everybody is scared of social democrats on this continent. Too much propaganda. The allure. The mystery. The fact Trump is an even bigger one. Etc etc
>>
>>75314720
>I'm hoping that in a few days Trump makes an announcement that he will debate Bernie, that it will be hosted live on a big TV network in a big stadium, and with a massive amount of money maybe 50 million raised for various charities.

Well you should be patient and wait to see what happens then, shouldn't you? Your guess is as good as anyones
>>
Of course there was never going to be a debate. Trump was making a joke but he should have known that Sanders and the media would jump on it.

A Trump vs Sanders debate would have created an even deeper rift between the two, which Trump doesn't want, since he's looking to absorb Sanders' followers when he loses the primary.
>>
Think about it Manny vs Floyd sold massive numbers at a time when both fighters were well passed their primes, and part of it was because people had wanted to see the fight for years and constantly were disappointed and thought it wouldn't happen.

Now McGregor vs Mayweather are fueling fight rumors bringing interest in a boxing match between one of the all time greats vs a guy without professional boxing matches under his belt.

I think that just about everyone on here would want to see a Trump vs Sanders debate. The amount of viewers would be very high.

Also it would give the chance for people who still have not fully decided or moderate Sanders supporters who don't know who they would go for in the general when Sander's like loses to see Trump without a filter and for Trump to be more serious and professional sounding in the debate.

Yes I know they're was a good chance that Bernie would have tried to attack Trump and call him a bigot and that Trump probably does not want to attack Bernie because he wants his supporters for the general. But this looks bad on Trump's half anyway by dropping out of it.

Unless, the plan for Trump is to use pulling out as a negotiating tactic for a better deal.
>>
>>75314720
What is even the point in listening to two communists debate each other

>muh tariffs
>i agree
>muh nobody dying in the street
>i agree
>muh jews
>i agree
>muh entitlements
>i agreee
>muh worker's party
>i agree

It would be a snoozer, he should have debated a true conservative like Cruz.
>>
Trump is a cuck. Too afraid to even debate with Cuck Sanders, he talks big but can never back it up
>>
>>75314720
>Anyone else disappointed by today's news of no debate?
no actually i thought the news was pretty funny. berncucks got their hopes up for nearly 24hrs before trump shut them down.

clinton won't debate bernie before the convention either. why should the winner of the GOP debate the loser of the DNC? it doesn't make sense
>>
>>75315023

This makes him look worse.

It gives the people who are against Trump a somewhat valid talking point to talk about for months, and makes it appear that Trump is afraid to debate him. It also makes it so Sanders supporters who were on the fence get pissed off at Donald because he had the chance to have the debate and decided not to do it.

At least Bernie supporters would have had more respect for Trump for being willing to do the debate when Hilary wouldn't and for wanting to do it to raise money for charities.

I'm hoping the debate does happen, Trump negotiates and gets an even better deal for charity, puts a bit of his own money into charity and does a great job on the debate and tells people, that's how we negotiate deals.
>>
>>75315213

You can spin it how you want. I am a huge Trump supporter, but I was very disappointed by this. I would have rather seen Trump take the debate, raise a bunch of money for charity, be more professional in the debate and play somewhat nice to Bernie since it would have won over Bernie's moderate voters in a general election scenario.
>>
Flip-floppin' Don
>>
>>75315912
>spin it how you want
trump just said he wouldn't do it. why are you reading into so much like he is a coward now?

typically the dnc and rnc candidates aren't randomly debating each other before the general. maybe the jew networks don't want to do the charity idea so trump said no. how do you know the exact reason? you don't
>>
>>75316255
also this is politics and why would donald trump debate bernie if it might help bernie in the polls? maybe donald would rather debate crooked hillary instead
>>
>>75314720
only bernie supporters care. they had some ghey little pipe dream of being able to skip out on student loan debt

but obama said they have to pay at least half and the government took student loan debt from the banks because to many skipped out on their debt
>>
Only proves Trump is afraid of Bernie
>>
>>75316255

I don't know the reason he decided to not do it.

I am personally hoping it's part of a greater plan, that he is pulling out because he wants Bernie to call him out and Bernie's supporters to call him out and to get the media to promote the narrative that he is to scared to do it.

This way he someone potentially puts up more money or it helps to hype the debate up more, and then he accepts.

I'm hoping that he had planned this entire thing out in a way to make him look good, as opposed to him not fully thinking it through and deciding he didn't want to do it.
>>
>>75316795
or else it might be proof that bernie is LOW ENERGY
>>
>>75315023
>he should have known
Who the fuck you think your talking about? Have some God damn respect in your intonation when talking about the God Emporer.
>>
>>75314720
Stupid outdated party rules forbid candidates from going to any old debate they want, you can only do official ones, or you can be excluded from future official debates.
>>
>>75316888
i think the he agreed to do it on the spot. and then afterwards when he really thought about it and/or talked to his statisticians that it might benefit bernie in anyway.
so then he backed up and said nevermind. that's my theory and as a trump lover it doesn't bother me in the least nor do i think it should bother anyone else

>b-b-but it's a lie!
everything old grandpa jew basically says is a lie or else half-truth because he can't get shit done and we all know it. whatever
>>
>>75317104
Bernie has nothing to lose here - he's not going to get the nom either way.

But Trump should call the GOP's bluff. What, if Trump debates Bernie, citizen-to-citizen, does he really expect that the GOP will bar him from debating Hillary in the general?

He's a coward or his advisors are closeted cucks.
>>
>>75314720
>I'm hoping that in a few days Trump makes an announcement that he will debate Bernie, that it will be hosted live on a big TV network in a big stadium, and with a massive amount of money maybe 50 million raised for various charities.
All Bernie has to do is win the DNC nomination and he will multiple oppurtunities to debate Trump.
Now the likelyhood of that happening is slim to none and slim's abuot to walk out the door.
>>
>>75315023
Trump wasn't joking, he reiterated in his press conference.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.