[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the death of a loyal dog friend an acceptable time to cry as a man?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: dostoevsky_green.jpg (159 KB, 384x454) Image search: [Google]
dostoevsky_green.jpg
159 KB, 384x454
Is the death of a loyal dog friend an acceptable time to cry as a man?
>>
>>75237100
No
>>
>>75237100
Dosto was an anti-semite so anything he says is fine by me
>>
>>75237152

Explain your reasoning.
>>
>>75237100
Yes, although you're mistaking acceptable with the setting. A man can, cry really, for any reason which he pleases.

The only time I'd find acceptable for a man to cry in public would be the death of his wife, his parents, or God forbid his children.
>>
>>75237152
Heartless Catalonian bastard
>>
>>75237100

Yes.
>>
>>75237273

I'm asking because these are the times I have cried over this lately. I am finding it was more overwhelming than knowing what was going to happen and preparing for it as opposed to it happening immediately and taking part in over three days with very little eating, sleeping, or even drinking on my part because I know I handled the stress incorrectly.

>Start tearing up in vet's office when lying on the floor with dog
>Tear up and cry when talking to her
>Tear up and cry when seeing dog thinking we'd have to put her to sleep that moment
>Legitimate tears of joy when I see her walking so we can take her to another vet
>Cry when home because I felt like I abandoned her
>Stressed out the entire time because a phone call about her condition would be bad even though constantly reassuring myself things will be fine
>They weren't
>Tear up when seeing her again when she isn't moving and barely looking at us
>Stressed the fuck out all night dreading a phone call even after it seemed her situation was stable
>Get phone call that she had seizures and wasn't not responding to anything
>Go there in the morning as soon as possible and she is completely jaundiced and breathing but the damage from lack of oxygen to her brain was done
>The doctor puts her down whilst fighting back tears herself and my mom bawling like a woman, you know
>A few tears from me and somewhat relief
>Get an ale and drink it while talking to her groomer when we had to tell her she wouldn't be there next week
>Calm
>Get home and get to sleep and then stand on the deck where she would be and just cry like a bitch when no one but my mom is around

This has been a very rough three days for me, honestly.
>>
>>75237273

Also what kind of public are we talking about here? Just breaking down in the middle of everything and sobbing or where everything is happening?
>>
>>75237702
Dog is mans best friend. It's always acceptable. A strong man cries over the death of a loved one.
>>
File: 1425341784108.jpg (108 KB, 1280x842) Image search: [Google]
1425341784108.jpg
108 KB, 1280x842
>>75237702
>Getting a vet to do it
That's simply not the way. Taking your old dog to a strange place, obviously bbecause she's old. She doesn't want to go anywhere, especially to die. She goes to a cold, sterile room with strangers and bland coloring.

When my last dog got too old, sick and going blind, I treated her, took her to her favorite place in the yard, fed her well, and then when she wasn't look I shot her straight through the head. She died instantly, and you're damned right I cried.

Still though, you have to be strong. Your mom needs the support as it doesn't sound like your father's around, from the story at least. Go take your mother out to eat and later that day spread or bury the ashes. It's fine to be sad, and have yourself a good cry in private, but you need to be strong, anon. This is the card we are dealt as men, and it's our duty to fulfill it's role.

If you need to talk anymore, say continue speaking. Anons are here for each other.

>>75238004
It's unfortunate, but how I was raised, no one should ever see a man cry unless the criteria I cited was made.
>>
>>75238058

I really loved her as much as I know she loved me, or at least the dog equivalent you know.

>>75238093

We were going to bring her home, honestly. She was basically brain dead and there was nothing we could do at all. I tried shaking her and even yelling at her like I normally do (not in anger but that's just how we were) and nothing. Seeing a dog that always, always perked up when I was around do nothing at all and not even look at me or open her eyes or anything was devastating. We stayed with her until the end of everything even though she wasn't aware we were there and I would've stayed with her these last few days if the vet would've let me.

You are right about my father and I am honestly trying to be strong for my mom, but it's extremely hard. We don't know when we're getting her ashes but we're burying her where she always peed when we'd go outside to piss.
>>
File: 1456543543.jpg (30 KB, 804x720) Image search: [Google]
1456543543.jpg
30 KB, 804x720
>>75238373
>we're burying her where she always peed when we'd go outside to piss
wut
>>
>>75238466

I hate peeing in a toilet and she and I would go outside and pee a lot. Mostly late at night when we'd sit on the porch and I would smoke. I'd take her out even if she had to reluctantly go and say "go pee" and she'd go to her spot to the left of our deck and I'd piss off the deck and she'd trot back up and sit down. It's dead grass because she pissed there so much.

Maybe with her ashes something will grow and she will never really be gone.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.