[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /pol/ think of based Noam Chomsky?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: 1377864345.jpg (69 KB, 1218x685) Image search: [Google]
1377864345.jpg
69 KB, 1218x685
What does /pol/ think of based Noam Chomsky?
>>
>>75203672
CryptoJew
>>
>>75203672
I think he's dead
>>
File: Gnome.jpg (23 KB, 350x614) Image search: [Google]
Gnome.jpg
23 KB, 350x614
>>75203672
Best political commentator in the world. Also a mighty good linguist. Looks great in a garden too.
>>
i mostly disagree with him but i enjoy hearing his point of view

i agree with him on israel

>>75203699
pretty sure he isn't "crypto" about being a jew
>>
>>75203672
Babby's first pseudo-intellectual, he should have stuck with linguistics.
>>
>>75203672
>caring what /pol/ thinks
You may as well ask an angsty teenage sperg from mississipi what they think. You'll get the same results
>>
>>75203672
Filthy statist.
>>
File: image.jpg (107 KB, 737x742) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107 KB, 737x742
>>75203672
I'm with the fucking leaf maple nigger,

My burger ass never has sat down long enough to recite off much about him except I've heard his name come up some.

>redPill me /b/ros
>>
>>75203964
which maple nigger, me or OP?
>>
Reasonable-ish man who I respect for defending holocaust doubter's from free speech.

I also think his perspective on how capitalist has become a financial based system rather than a production one is very true and a bit scary.
>>
>>75203672
His politics suck.
>>
>>75203754
He is a LINGUISTICS professor. He knows pretty much nothing about economics or politics, but he is clever enough with language to deceive those with low intelligence.
>>
>>75204798
>He knows pretty much nothing about economics or politics

Everything he says and writes is well-sourced and peer-reviewed.
>>
>>75203802
who is the thinking man's Noam Chomsky?
>>
>>75205341
Sam Harris
>>
>>75205341
>>75205612
Rolf Harris
Otherwise, for regular people it's the Noam.
>>
>>75204962
Right. He looks up stuff which is written by people who agree with him, but don't know what they are talking about. He is an ignorant person, citing and quoting other liars and charlatans to deceive people with low intelligence, who are very susceptible to propaganda.
>>
File: Chom Chavez.gif (71 KB, 479x422) Image search: [Google]
Chom Chavez.gif
71 KB, 479x422
>>75203672
A mongoloid.
>>
>>75205763
this. his books have a lot of quotes and citations of people he agrees with. which give the appearance of them being well sourced but he cites no actual data or studies or opposing views.
>>
Noam is brilliant no matter how you figure it, whether you agree with him is another matter. As said nearly all his points are backed up by some sort of source that has been reviewed. That fact alone makes him an interesting speaker that is more enjoyable to listen to.

He's a huge contrarian (cracks me up) and obviously has his haters as you can see, but trying to call him an idiot who knows nothing about politics or the economy is yikes. Only says something about you m8. Noam's a renaissance man.

Check him out for yourself. Just a few random pulls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjSUGFzm_po

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kKShzOa0Uk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcSBqkLDxmo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gsFb0uSG5w

I like listening to him debate buckley. Great stuff from both guys.

The thing I like most about Noam is in listening to him I always find my own ideas about X enriched, whether I agreed with him or not.
>>
he's constantly wrong and people still listen to him. try building a house and being as wrong as chompsky.
>>
>>75203672
smart, old, delusional.
>>
>>75203672

I met him as part of an interview team while at the University of Guelph in the mid 90s.

He's a cantankerous old goat but in a debate, he's simply unstoppable. I wish he debated more than he lectured. It's a guilty pleasure to see his opponents wither before him when they realize how good he really is.

Lately I've been disagreeing with him, specifically in regards to how the West should respond to the "Question of Islam". But I agree with him on all other points regarding media, US foreign policy frameworks, class war, neocolonial economic arrangements and so on.
>>
>>75208026

Also this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7Ug6UaTodU

The debate begins at 6:25.

Noam debates Richard Perle, US Undersecretary of State. A very rare occasion when a senior government official attempts to debate Chomsky. Of course, Noam mops the floor with him to the point where, half way through, Perle just gives up trying. That's how bad he gets steamrollered.
>>
>>75206506

A strawman, but hey, it's the right.
>>
>>75209153
>>75208026
Thanks you guys. Will check these out.
>>
>>75203672
mumbles in jewish
>>
>>75209303
Not a strawman if it is true.
>>
File: Reagan.jpg (72 KB, 600x554) Image search: [Google]
Reagan.jpg
72 KB, 600x554
>>75208026
>>75210734

Remember.
>>
It's obvious he's becoming more and more senile. He should just shut the fuck up already.
>>
>>75212488

moviestars know best
>>
File: Norway king-oscar-3.jpg (28 KB, 390x308) Image search: [Google]
Norway king-oscar-3.jpg
28 KB, 390x308
>>75213141
He did, sardine.
>>
>>75213303

yeah, he was quick with the facts, because he made them up
he learned by watching movies (KEK)
and he had crappy ideas like trump (starwars kek)

all in all
>right wing intelectual kek
there is a reason hitler hated intelectuals, because he too was rightwing, and rightwingers trust their "gut"
its the same side as SJW because they dislike logic
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.