[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
damn... he actually has a really good point...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (123 KB, 599x599) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123 KB, 599x599
damn... he actually has a really good point...
>>
>>75133748
>damn... he actually has a really good point...

He's a mechanical engineer, why listen to him about science?
>>
That's it, I am now a #Carterizer
>>
I love smoking weed occasionally, but to act like its objectively good and has no negatives is absurd. Everyone reacts differently to it.
>>
>>75133843
nice reverse appeal to authority
>>
Holy fucking shit, I am #GivinItAll4BobbyJindal now.
>>
>>75133934
True.
My friend and I smoked a few times, his reactions were great, mine were terrifying and left me fucked up.
>>
>>75134196
what the fuck dude it's not a psychedelic. You don't get a "bad trip" unless somebody has spiked it with something.
>>
>>75133843

a d h o m i n e m
d

h
o
m
i
n
e
m
>>
damn...
>>
damn, I #feelthebern now
>>
>>75133843

what exactly do you think mechanical engineering is if not science
>>
>>75133748
Fuck science nerds. Science is gay. Weed is for fags and trannies. Degeneracy should be shamed, not praised.
>>
File: counter-signal-meme-bill-nye.png (508 KB, 979x809) Image search: [Google]
counter-signal-meme-bill-nye.png
508 KB, 979x809
>>75133748
i don't care
>>
rly maek u think
>>
>>75133748

When we say "medicinal" we mean for prescription medicine for conditions or diseases, not for some lowlife niggers to get a buzz for fun.

fug off with your semantics you dumb nigger
>>
File: pepe-pee-pee-creek.jpg (37 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
pepe-pee-pee-creek.jpg
37 KB, 320x320
>>75135827
wut he mean by this?

hmmmm....
>>
File: 1463600565479.png (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1463600565479.png
2 MB, 1280x720
except hes wrong
smoking marijuana is non nutritive non beneficial its just forcing your brain to produce more hormones than it would normally

you would like to think that a harmful drug is helping you but only healthy food and exercise can do that

marijuana makes you high thats why people like to create bro science around it

if they were talking about hemp oil you use for salad dressing then yes
>>
>>75135827
ya i m #cuck4kasich now
>>
>>75133748
complete bunk. the body produces and utilizes all the cannabidiol needed for "homeostasis" what a joke. even using the term homeostasis...that just means operating at mean efficiency. a person not dying of acidosis has a blood pH of "homeostatic degree" fuck Bill Nye. if Cannabis was vital for G-protein reception like he claims people who don't use cannabis would be dramatically less healthy, even near death. It would be like a fucking niacin deficiency to have not had a joint in a while.
>>
>>75135218
something that requires rote memorisation and appliacation of math, nothing to do with performing scientific studies

t. engineer
>>
>>75133748
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm well pol?
rly mmk u thiank
>>
File: 1390357436402.jpg (379 KB, 817x1200) Image search: [Google]
1390357436402.jpg
379 KB, 817x1200
>>75133748
same as opiates - our system regulary produce endorfines

does that mean thats ok to inject heroine, just to says, fell better?

populistic retardation at it finest

>also GTFO blaze it bro
>>
>>75136072
I think the op of the image is a master troll trying to spread the image since degenerates will share anything for their confirmation bias.
>>
>>75136286
i think you're right and i'm a massive faggot for taking the bait
>>
>>75134325
Idk man almost all the times i have smoked i have become extremely paranoid. And i also hear shit that isnt real. I think its more of me having a underlying mental illness versus the weed but idk
>>
File: IMG_20160311_162303.jpg (198 KB, 960x793) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160311_162303.jpg
198 KB, 960x793
>>75133748
>>
>>75133748
test is also necessary for homeostasis but that doesn't mean that taking steroids is good for you
>>
>>75135218
Engineering is not science, nigger.
>>
>>75133748
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

FUCKING SAGE

MODS!!!

THIS IS THE 15TH FUCKING THREAD WITH A GOD DAMN FACEBOOK MEME, FUCKING BULL SHIT SAGE IGNORE FACEBOOK MEME AND HORSEY POSTERS REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>75136105
what about bioengineering? is it a meme?
>>
File: 1461952241378.gif (32 KB, 500x447) Image search: [Google]
1461952241378.gif
32 KB, 500x447
My sister and I are both STEM doctoral candidates at well known universities. We both fucking hate this cuck.

Hosting a fucking "science" show for kids does not make you a fucking scientist.

It gives both of us a way to spot the functionally retarded though.
>>
File: 1408175853039.jpg (16 KB, 235x219) Image search: [Google]
1408175853039.jpg
16 KB, 235x219
>>75136371
lmao
You're not meant to smoke weed if you have underlying schizophrenia. That is one of the big no-nos.
>>
>>75133748
I don't understand why anyone gives this many any credence beyond engineering. Because that's all he is. An engineer.
>>
>>75137102
I think the general consensus among everyone that isn't dumb is that he's a total fucking fag.
>>
>>75133748
BillNye.jpg

http://facebook
>>
>>75136422
ooohh sheeit wurl star WURL STAAARRRRR
>>
>>75136105

what kind of engineer are you out of curiosity? A mechanical engineer has to deal with many theoretical/scientific concepts and studies to prove them, see second moment of area, moment of inertia, thermodynamics, materials
>>
>>75137464
When the highlight of your life is teaching retarded children the differences between solid, liquids, and gases, then yeah you are a dumbass.
>>
>>75135804

ad hominem
>>
File: homeostasis.jpg (6 KB, 240x164) Image search: [Google]
homeostasis.jpg
6 KB, 240x164
>>75133748
>homeosexual
>>
>>75135218
That's like asking how a Tech degree isn't a science degree, or a math degree isn't a science degree, or a medical degree isn't a science degree.

Scientists are the ones who form theories, and are involved in testing those theories. Engineers are where the rubber meets the road in wide-scale application of very specific science. They aren't involved with the theories and proofs, just the application of those theories and proofs in different ways. Medicine and Tech is the same as engineering, just in ways that are different in each other.
>>
>>75137729
>A mechanical engineer has to deal with many theoretical/scientific concepts and studies to prove them
no, they don't. Most engineering degrees only deal with plug-and-chug level math and basic physics.
>>
>>75138302
>>75138021

I've actually got an engineering degree, it's infinitely more theoretical than you think, I mean Newton was a mechanical engineer and his main advances were in mechanical engineering, if you want to go and look at how theoretical it is look at the amount of ongoing research into 'mechanical engineering' or 'electrical engineering'
>>
>>75138584
>mechanical engineering is theoretical/scientific

laughinganimegirls.png
>>
>>75138584
>It's infinitely more theoretical than you think.

No, it's not. This isn't to say that there's NO theory whatsoever, but it's not what you are making out. You use theory to modify existing inventions into new inventions, but you aren't the one who explored and investigated the core concepts. Scientists are.
>>
>>75138756

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_moment_of_area

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moment_of_inertia

two theoretical concepts that are the basis for the majority of mechanical engineering, but I suppose you already knew that because you heard vaguely about what engineering is and drew your own assumptions
>>
>>75138888

I feel as though you've been lead to believe that engineering is purely the applied side of it, it's not

https://advanceseng.com/mechanical-engineering/effects-sonication-energy-dispersion-carbon-nanotubes-vinyl-ester-matrix-associated-thermo-mechanical-properties/
>>
>>75138946

Your autism is showing. No one here is saying "THERE IS NO THEORETICAL ASPECT OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERING". They're saying that it's mostly not theoretical. Which is true.

Trying to say that mech eng is as theoretical as Quantum Mechanics or literally any chem/bio discipline is stupid.
>>
>>75139133

>No one here is saying "THERE IS NO THEORETICAL ASPECT OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERING"

nice backtrack you silly cunt, I win
>>
>>75139117
Oh, gee, you've managed to cherry pick a few examples of engineers that have slightly heavier overlap. Let's just forget about the literal tens of thousands of engineers that do shit like building airplanes and designing shocks and struts for cars.
>>
>>75139201

>He actually thinks that people were saying that there were no theoretical aspects of his subject of choice

You lack reading comprehension. Please do more low level math before your Autism boils over.
>>
>>75139201
You still haven't shown that engineering fields are science though.
>>
>>75139439
Anything that uses the scientific method is science.
>>
>>75139565
>Anything that uses the scientific method is science.
If anyone were to say something so blatantly stupid, then they would be a faggot.

So how does dick taste, anon?
>>
Your body also needs selenium to function properly, why dont you go eat a few kg of selenium and achieve homeostasis? :^)

Is there anything more irritating than stoners trying to justify their hobby with retard science
>dude i do it cos it prevents cancer
>>
>>75138584
>>75138946
just because it has a highly technical basis to it doesn't mean you have to understand it to be a practicing engineer. Look at any course plan for a ME degree. like I said, you only need basic plug-and-chug math and science. citing a small minority that goes into much deeper fields doesn't help your case. Most engineers have no knowledge of the theory behind their equations.
>two theoretical concepts that are the basis for the majority of mechanical engineering,
yes, and all i have to do to calculate them is plug and chug.
>>
>>75139117
>that engineering is purely the applied side of it, it's not
the vast majority of it is. and when you go into more theoretical work you'll need an actual science degree or equivalent load of study.
>>
>bill nye the bachelors degree in science guy
>>
File: presentforya.gif (113 KB, 660x450) Image search: [Google]
presentforya.gif
113 KB, 660x450
>>75133748
Fuck man who gives a shit. It's fuckin WEED, like that's the most important thing going on right now.

No, its not mass migration, increasing cancer rates, race relations going to shit, insurrection around the world, fuckin loss of liberty, a breakaway civilization technocracy controlling nearly everything you hear from the media.

>Yeah man legal weed is the main issue, if we had that life would be better.

Maybe the whole point is to get the whole world fuckin so stoned they don't know what the fuck is going on around them. But hell if you're so apathetic that the main thing you want out of life is free pot than you're already fuckin gone.
>>
>>75135996
Is Nintendo using a dick as a controller now?
>>
woah...makes you think
>>75140835
>>
>>75133748
Could this argument not be also made for steroids? 'It's just like testosterone so it's good for you.'

#LegalizeMedicinalSteroids
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.