[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I give it 10 years tops, where will you be when your job is automated?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7
File: Untitled.jpg (335 KB, 1724x615) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
335 KB, 1724x615
I give it 10 years tops, where will you be when your job is automated?
>>
>implying shitskins won't destroy all modern technology and put us back into stone age
>>
File: pepe.jpg (24 KB, 495x495) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
24 KB, 495x495
>>75086261
>where will you be when your job is automated?
I'll be programming the robots to automate even more jobs
>>
>>75086261
President Comache would be better than Obama
>>
>>75086261

My job can never be fully automated. So... exactly where I am I guess
>>
>>75086261
last job i got, i was getting paid 10 dollars an hour to do it. I automated it the first year and quadrupled my hourly rate
>>
>>75088170
>>75088767
The delusional code monkeys never fails to appear in these threads.
>>
>>75089014

Not a code monkey friend
>>
>>75086261
I don't know. I work on machinery that was built anywhere from 1940 up to 2013. You tell me. Maybe a robot can crawl down in holes and grease this shit and replace fried bearings.
>>
>>75086261
Going back to school to recycle myself and learn more relevant skills, you lazy piece of shit.
>inb4 one of you retards tries to defend a basic income
>>
>>75089193
what do you do dude, please i have no idea what career i should chose, could you please tell me?
>>
>digital marketing

half and half, the analytics reports and SEO stuff could probably be automated mostly, but all the creative stuff with writing and design will take longer

so i'm safe for 20 years at least
>>
File: 1455126681330.gif (931 KB, 250x197) Image search: [Google]
1455126681330.gif
931 KB, 250x197
>>75086261
3D ADS FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.....
>>
My job got shipped to China. They even sent all the busted old equipment that works less often than a broken clock.
>>
File: 1454367294328.webm (765 KB, 850x1080) Image search: [Google]
1454367294328.webm
765 KB, 850x1080
>>75086261
>TFW I design automation equipment.
>>
>>75089493
>Maybe a robot can crawl down in holes and grease this shit and replace fried bearings.
They will soon.
>>
File: WIP glasslady.png (45 KB, 207x228) Image search: [Google]
WIP glasslady.png
45 KB, 207x228
>>75089822
>put mainstream content on your 3D headset
>surprised it contains messages from sponsors

This post helped wake me up. I always knew my real calling was to produce 3D garbage for people's telescreens, but I grew deeply depressed after the firms I worked for the past decade all collapsed. Time to go play with Blender some more, so I can further refine this glass statue lady and put some thumbs onto the hands.
>>
>>75089988
>bipedal robots
>anything but a pipe dream
>>
>>75089988
I'll pay money to see that. If you believe that, you've never seen the inside of a steel mill or factory.
>>
>>75090906
>>anything but a pipe dream
Just like space travel, the internet, etc etc etc etc.
>>
File: rubot.webm (2 MB, 718x404) Image search: [Google]
rubot.webm
2 MB, 718x404
>>75090906
They're not impossible because of engineering challenges. They're impossible because people keep buying-out and shitcanning the companies that attempt to create them, like this one.
>>
Skinjobs reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>75089684
I'm also a robotics engineer. You shouldn't go into this field unless you are naturally good at it and have genuine passion. Otherwise you will fail
>>
>>75086261

Gonna inherit a manufacturing company

Automation does nothing but help me.
>>
>>75090906
They already exist, retard
>>
>>75090910
The mills will change, just like factories changed to replace manual labor with assembly and processing machines. But no need to worry, because long before this happens you will be assigned to train the cheap and retarded grunts who will be replacing you.
>>
you cannot create a robot that can express true emotion and therefore art and creativity will always be left to humans

/thread
>>
>>75086261
Weeb language isn't easy for machines to translate. So not within the next 20 years at least. I have time.
>>
>>75091313
>one working prototype means we will be able to mass manufacture cost effective ones to the point where they'll be replacing maintenance men
Call your college where you got your degree and ask for your money back
>>
>>75091397
Have you listened to the radio lately? I'm sure the robots will manage.
>>
>>75091313
They may exist, but let's see one crawl in a greasy pit, determine the hat the problem is a bad bearing. Oops, the bolt is rounded off. Better get a torch or plasma cutter. Oh no. The threads are steipped. Have to drill it out and install a helicoil. You don't know a fuckin' thing about the real world.
>>
>>75091588
>A successful prototype demonstration doesn't mean they'll enter production
>Therefore I shall continue asserting it will never happen

Here's your (you)
>>
>>75091597
xd nice meme comment, please use your brain and come up with an actual response, not "xd ppl r so stupid"
>>
>>75091360
Hey fuckhead, I happen to work in one of the most modern mills in the world, I worked on the commissioning team in 2014 and 15. I assure you, robots aren't going to do maintenance on it.
>>
>>75091744
>>A successful prototype demonstration doesn't mean they'll enter production
That's exactly what I'm asserting. A prototype and a mass manufactured product are not the same thing. Are you sure you didn't get your degree at Punjab University?
>>
>>75091776
Most novels are pure shit, most radio music is pure shit, most television shows are pure shit, and nearly all magazines are pure shit. Download Band in a Box if you think computers cannot be programmed to create varying music. Your childish whining is not an argument.
>>
>>75086261
>electrical engineer
yeah i guess not in the near time
>>
>>75091131
fucking saved
>>75091158
This
if it isn't your passion, your hobby you cannot function on the higher platforms thus you're probably stuck fixing granny's computer for minimal wage in some cuck shed store.
>>
>>75092031
your personal opinion on contemporary artistic expression is not an argument either, and for the band in a box thing, that is not innovation, that is using pre-determined sounds, that will sound good, to create an illusion of a human creation

//NOT//AN//ARGUMENT//
>>
Still doing my job.
Can't automate making art, design, and building props.
>>
>>75092031
>>75092376
well done with the argument to ignorance there, also
>>
Considering Im one of those people researching what jobs can be automated I will probably be at home watching the singularity unfold on live TV.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.