[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Neil Young permits Trump to Keep on Rockin'
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 8
File: neilyoung.png (149 KB, 650x400) Image search: [Google]
neilyoung.png
149 KB, 650x400
>Young excuses Donald Trump’s use of Rockin’ in the Free World on campaign trail, saying: ‘Once the music goes out, everybody can use it’

>Neil Young – a confessed Bernie Sanders supporter – has approved Donald Trump’s use of his music on the campaign trial.

source: https://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/may/25/neil-young-donald-trump-rockin-in-the-free-world

This is a pretty big deal. The best country artist ever, who is notoriously very left-wing and not even American, supporting Trump's right to campaign using his music - and what's more questioning why it wouldn't be okay. This is a step in the right direction and deserves praise.
>>
I don't understand why retard politicians use that song.
>>
>>75041054
>This is a step in the right direction and deserves praise
He's old and as dried u as a grandmother's snatch.

Basically, his marketing Jews decided the exposure he'll get from the brief clips played on media outweigh the negatives.

Nothing is what it seems and nothing is authentic anymore friend. Every website you visit is cataloged and results analyzed to determine how to sell you more/charge you more.
>>
>>75041169
They're laughing in our faces.
>>
>>75041054
>he deserves praise for acting like a proper person
no
>>
I think he's just doing it to mock Trump given what the song is actually about.
>>
>>75041294
Yes he does, because so many do not.
>>
>>75041247
You don't understand. The song is completely negative. The chorus is supposed to be ironic in the sense of you saying "Well that went well". I have no idea why nobody has gone up to one of them and said "Hey, this song is depressing."
>>
File: 1462357648145.jpg (20 KB, 720x533) Image search: [Google]
1462357648145.jpg
20 KB, 720x533
>>75041313
>because so many do not
still no reason to praise him
>>
>>75041054
Good for him. While I've never agreed with him politically, I do like his music, and have been to one of his concerts. Besides, his whiny Southern Man song, gave us Sweet Home Alabama.
>>
God bless Neil Young, Donald Trump and god bless America
>>
>>75041339
It's like Born in the U.S.A. in that sense, but no-one really sits there and listens to the lyrics in these sorts of events do they? Just about the song title and the tune I think.
>>
>>75041054
>The best country artist ever,
>country
>>
>>75041224
> Basically, his marketing Jews decided the exposure he'll get from the brief clips played on media outweigh the negatives.

He would gain just as much attention and "cred" among the lefty cunts if he refused to let Trump use it.
>>
>>75041455
The irony is still definitely there. It's definitely part of why I can't take any politician seriously. They aren't able to read the fine print for some reason.
>>
>>75041339
No shit that the song is one that mocks the USA. The politicians use it because retards that vote for them think it is a positive song.
>>
>>75041054
>Neil young
>best country artist ever
>Canadian

Lel, go fuck yourself, this isn't even funny limey scum.
>>
>>75041054
That's actually an anti-capitalism song but cool, I guess.
>>
>>75041499
>>75041568
Objectively-speaking it's quite comfortably the case.

https://rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=alltime&genre_include=1&genres=Country+Rock&include_child_genres=t&include=both&limit=none&countries=

I suppose you could make a point for him playing country rock as opposed to just plain country, but country rock is by far the more enjoyable of the two.
>>
>>75041339
The same shit goes for Bruce Springsteen. His music sounds upbeat and pro-American, but once you listen to the lyrics, it's all anti-American.

At least Neil Young writes a lot of music that doesn't focus on politics.
>>
>>75041455
Exactly like that. When Springsteen first released that song, Ronald Reagan used it patriotically until the press reminded him that the song is actually a fuck you to the American political establishment.
>>
>>75041629
Early in Young's career he was more of a rocker - perhaps even grungy/punkish before the terms existed - but in the past ~30 years he's definitely been more country rock/folk.
>>
>>75041568
Is he even a country artist? I thought he was more of a folk/rock artist.
>>
>>75041629
>literally Canadian

He's not "objectively" the best country musician or country rock.
>>
I thought this was Trumps music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT2oAYGkB3c
>>
>>75041054
Why I am so impressed by this?
>>
>>75041054
you dumbass bongopolous, maybe he just has common sense in regards to his music. not a greedy knob like some of the others
>>
>>75041643

It's a "fuck you" to the Neoliberals that fucked the US economy.

The Neoliberals who believed in enriching the already rich while offshoring US manufacturing jobs and throwing US workers on the scrap heap.

Reagan betrayed America.
>>
>>75041725
You're saying that like I didn't already point it out in the OP.

Also him being Canadian does not mean he has not made music in the country rock genre. Give me actual arguments or shut the fuck up.
>>
>>75041054

Listen to the lyrics of "keep rockin' in the free World". It's an attack on people like Trump.

Funny.
>>
>>75041778
If you're not being sarcastic, probably because you rarely see people on the left stand up for free speech or accepting that other people have different opinions.

It's amusing how all these left-wing fucks don't understand how tyrannical and oppressive they're being, and that the reason people despise them isn't because they hate equality and freedom, but because they hate the censorship, totalitarianism, self-loathing, racism and sexism that the left has come to represent.
>>
>>75041310
>free world
>freedom
What does that actually look like in any country anyway?
>>
>>75041922
>Give me actual arguments or shut the fuck up.

name one popular country song written or recorded by neil young, or shut the fuck up.

and by "country", I mean a song that was played at least once in human history on a country radio station.
>>
>>75041054
“He actually got a licence to use it. I mean, he said he did and I believe him. So I got nothing against him. You know, once the music goes out, everybody can use it for anything. But if the artist who made it is saying you never spoke to them, if that means something to you, you probably will stop playing it. And it meant something to Donald and he stopped.”

He's actually being pretty respectful and rational, for a Berniefag.
>>
>>75041922
>Neil Young
>the same Canadian who chastises Southerners for being "racist"
>best country musician

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVRxdPWV3RM&channel=UClgr00J4iHEKfNBgea6g1vw
>>
>>75041530
>would gain just as much attention and "cred" among the lefty cunts if he refused to let Trump use it.
Not really. The cunt in his 50s or 60s who just hears 15 secs of song on CNN in June might actually buy it.

We would torrent what we wanted, as would the leftist brigade.
>>
>>75042136
A Southern man don't need him around anyhow.
>>
>>75041247
They're laughing on your feces.
>>
>>75041778
>Why I am so impressed by this?

Because a liberal isn't being petty and is being more about maturity and his art.
>>
>>75042184
This to be quite honest
>>
>>75041629
He's a fucking folk singer you retard faggot limey
>>
>>75042176
People in their 50s or 60s already know who he is, and would have bought his music if they liked him back in the day.
>>
File: attlee.png (115 KB, 300x352) Image search: [Google]
attlee.png
115 KB, 300x352
>>75041941
>probably because you rarely see people on the left stand up for free speech or accepting that other people have different opinions.

Not all opinions are equal.

Some opinions are not based on evidence, nor, logic. They are shitty opinions.

If you express a shitty opinion, expect to be called out on it. That's how "Freedom of Speech" works - you have the right to talk shit and I have the right to tell you you're talking shit... and to shut up. You don't have to shut up, you can keep talking shit and I can keep telling you to shut it.

Understand?
>>
>>75042256
>if they liked him back in the day.
not everyone keeps a catalog of songs they heard written down, and people don't carry around CDs anymore.

I don't know if it's a good economic decision, but I can promise it was economic.

Just like the rolling stones decision against him was economic. These cunts would license their songs to ISIS for enough shekels.
>>
Don't know why Trump doesn't just use https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guG9cVs3ms4
>>
>>75041396
I love Southern Man
Actually it's my fave from Young
>>
>>75042236
In case you don't know, that's a line from Sweet Home Alabama that Lynyrd Skynyrd wrote in protest against Neil Young's Southern Man.
>>
>>75041054
>>75041224

I thought he was butthurt at Trump using his music? Or was that Neil Diamond? I always confuse these geriatric dadrockers.
>>
>>75042047
>name one popular country song written or recorded by neil young, or shut the fuck up.
Off-hand, Heart of Gold. Covered by Willie Nelson and was in the Billboard country charts. I won't waste more time but there are certainly others.

>>75042136
Good point probably, except it doesn't AT ALL answer the question of what makes the style of music not country rock. Answer that. Remember that more intelligent people than you have already said it is country rock, so articulate what exactly makes his Harvest-era style of music not country rock.
>>
>>75042311
Yeah, but that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the fact that the left generally tries to get people fired or censored, or try to physically harm them for having different views, despite the fact that their entire political basis is revolves around the concept of equality and respeting other people's opinions.

You rarely see the political right protest Bernie Sanders, hold violent rallies or try to censor the left.
>>
>>75041054
“You go to a supermarket and you see a faggot behind the fuckin’ cash register, you don’t want him to handle your potatoes.” – Neil Young in Melody Maker, September 1985
handle my potatoes
im an avid young fan, sucks hes notoriously left wing i wish artists didnt get involved in politics
>>
File: 1462923358467.png (133 KB, 343x312) Image search: [Google]
1462923358467.png
133 KB, 343x312
>>75041054
>Neil Young – a confessed Bernie Sanders supporter – has approved Donald Trump’s use of his music on the campaign trial.
Who gives a shit what musicians like Neil Young and the Rolling Stones have to say about Trump using their music at their rallies? They're washed up old sellouts who sold the rights to their music for hookers and blow and have no rights to complain when Trump buys the license to use that music, no matter how he sees fit.

tl;dr old hippies can fuck off with their "approval" after they no longer have any right to give it.
>>
>>75042529
>Heart of Gold. Covered by Willie Nelson and was in the Billboard country charts

one mediocre achievement == greatest country artist ever.

you win.
>>
>>75042386
Yeah, I know

>>75042529
You claimed he was the best country musician, I simply denied that, I'm not big on Neil Young, but he seems to play in several genres.
>>
>>75042403
He changed his stance after he found out that Trump had gotten a license to use his music, and then complimented him for not using his song after he complained.
>>
>>75042403
>that feel when you actually met neil diamond because you best friend from long ago was legitimately related to him.
sucks shit hes a super lib but oh well.
>>
>>75042403
Neil Diamond is for Trump

or maybe Wayne Newton

one of those vegas guys
>>
>>75041169

>Why use Keep on Rockin in the Free World?

It's practically a Reaganite anthem. Anti-communist. Pro-USA. What could be more patriotic?
>>
>>75041198
bowie kicked the massive faggot bucket
>>
File: 1460586188971.jpg (495 KB, 900x1166) Image search: [Google]
1460586188971.jpg
495 KB, 900x1166
I don't know, the song is about how America has become
>JUST

A large part of Donald Trump's campaign is hinged on that exact same thing.

Donald Trump repeatedly points out that life in the US has gotten pretty fucked up, and that the US does a lot of fucked up things. We've gone full-on Koyaanisqatsi, but that it doesn't have to be that way. That message seems like it's pretty consistent with the one in the song

We really can unironically be Rockin in the Free World.
>>
>>75041054
Neil secretly supports Trump. He claims he's a Bernie Bro for the left wing props and pussy.
>>
File: trump legacy.jpg (135 KB, 1160x629) Image search: [Google]
trump legacy.jpg
135 KB, 1160x629
>>75041169
>>75041310
>>75041339
>>75041455
>>75041532
>>75041551
>>75041589
>>75041636
>>75041940

Yes, "keep on rockin in the free world" is a sarcastic mockery of what has happened to the U.S. and it's values. That is why it is perfect for Donald Trump's campaign which has clearly stated it's goal as being anti-establisment and pro-america based on the people's wants and needs. The song is not necessarily anti-capitalist so much as it is anti exploiting the people. The two are not mutually exclusive, and if you think so, you are a KEK. Capitalism and the American dream of building a life for yourself through hard work go hand in hand, friendos.
>>
These same cunts who pretend to have morals will play for the wedding (or more likely bar mitvah) for $2million dollars.

Maybe Daryl Hannah needs new clothes. Weird to think she fucked Kennedy's scumbag son when he's old enough to fucked Kennedy.
>>
best neil young song coming through

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1_Do_fc
>>
>>75042851
>Yes, "keep on rockin in the free world" is a sarcastic mockery
Go do a survey on 5th ave of how manny americunts have jewglled that or care.

It's supposed to be catchy and appeal to to the apathetic cunt watching the TV in a bar.
>>
>>75042590

>>75041725

>>75042238

neil young is country you moron

listen to stars and bars or harvest ffs.

hes also one of the most influential artists in popular music
>>
>>75041054
Didn't he bitch out when McCain used his music?
Or am I remembering incorrectly?
>>
>>75042956
>neil young is country you moron
You wouldn't hear him on a country station in Tennesse, which you used to be forced to get used to escape niggers.

The TN nashville industry is Jew run, so not "real" but he'd never be on a "country" station.
>>
>>75041636
>stein

There's your answer
>>
>>75042956
While Young has experimented with differing music styles throughout a varied career, including electronic music, most of his best known work is either acoustic folk-rock and country rock or electric, amplified hard rock (most often in collaboration with the band Crazy Horse). Musical styles such as alternative rock and grunge also adopted elements from Young. His influence has caused some to dub him the "Godfather of Grunge".[14]
>>
>>75043061
springsteen is not a jew, in spite of his behavior and I wish he were so I'd have another reason to despise them.
>>
>>75042939
You're probably right about that.
>>
>>75043060
>>75043064
sorry i didn't mean exclusively country, but he has a distinct country sound to alot of his music and yes alot of albums recorded in nashville. I didnt know about >The TN nashville industry is Jew run, so not "real" but he'd never be on a "country" station. though, interesting
>>
>>75041636
>Bruce Springstein

yeah that guy has showed who he supports in the culture war. The guy is an asshole by most accounts anyway. I will always like Neil Young though and his music. I'm not really into the whole Liberal Conservative dichotomy, I don't know why anyone here would buy into that shit. Modern leftism is utter cancer and not really excusable anymore, but at least the left back then actually cared about things that mattered, like the environment and ending war even if they were naive. But when you start shilling for the globalist agenda just to maintain your career, like Springturd obviously has, I have a problem.
>>
File: 1440910129042.gif (481 KB, 141x141) Image search: [Google]
1440910129042.gif
481 KB, 141x141
>>75042726
>Koyaanisqatsi

Obscure reference of the thread.
>>
>>75042851
I was just thinking about almost this same thing while listening to some punk music on my way to work. It is funny how people critical of the system are extremely vocal during times of conservative presidency. Bush was the theme of many a song railing against America. But suddenly these dissenting voices disappeared. Once Trump gets sworn in, the bullshit will start right back up again, because the message is that it doesn't matter if the people are suffering, so long as the preferred party of ayy weed and free monies is in office. They are not truly anti-establishment because as of right now these fuckers are the establishment.
>>
>>75043061
Springsteen isn't a Jewish name. In fact, he comes from a poor Roman Catholic family.
>>
>>75043101
http://forward.com/culture/190533/the-secret-jewish-history-of-bruce-springsteen/
>>
look at how blatant they are with occult symbolism now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB63ztKnGvo
>>
>>75043352
Reading that almost made me vomit. The things that zionist cunt attributes to Judaism is insane, as if being able to write lyrics or rebel is strictly a Jewish trait.
>>
File: 1449971627047.jpg (311 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1449971627047.jpg
311 KB, 768x1024
>>75042944
like most people outside the U.S., you underestimate the average American as being an ignorant redneck with no education. This is why you will never be as great as us.

I guarantee you, without cherry picking stupid people, a filmed survey of the average U.S. citizen in a major metro area would be fully aware of the intent of songs like keep on rockin and born in the usa.
>>
>>75041054
I saw Neil Young a few weeks ago. He opened with a 35 minute version of Down by the River. Still rockin'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhKXyA0hUco

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaRhH1XodgY
>>
>>75043507
I know right he just can't seem to get the Jewish pork sword down deep enough into his guts
>>
>>75043060
Country didn't used to be what it is today. Neil's current touring band has both of Willie Nelson's sons on guitar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad8PMCe7UME
>>
>>75041054

Fun facts:

>This was inspired by the political changes going on at the time, and was highly critical of the George Bush presidential administration (the first one). Some of the lyrics mock Bush's campaign speeches: "We got 1,000 points of light, for the homeless man," "We got a kinder, gentler machine gun hand."

>The track was used in Donald Trump's announcement that he will run as a Republican candidate for the 2016 presidency. Young, a longtime supporter of Bernie Sanders, said that the mogul was not authorized to use the song.

>Trump's campaign responded by saying it did pay to use Neil Young's tune at the presidential announcement, but won't use Young's music at any future events. "Through a licensing agreement with ASCAP, Mr. Trump's campaign paid for and obtained the legal right to use Neil Young's recording of 'Rockin' In The Free World,'" the statement read. "Nevertheless, there are plenty of other songs to choose from. Despite Neil's differing political views, Mr. Trump likes him very much."

>Trump later hit back, posting a photo of him and Young shaking hands, and explaining that Young asked him for financing on an audio deal and invited Trump to a concert. In a Tweet, Trump called Young a "total hypocrite," adding, "'Rockin' In The Free World' was just one of 10 songs used as background music. Didn't love it anyway."

Lol
>>
>>75041054
he's a faggoty Bernie supporter but most of these gated community celebrities handled by PR teams and corporations don't understand how the real world works. he's a class act for not sperging at Trump at least.
>>
>>75041054
>The best country artist ever

but yeah. based neil.
>>
>>75041054
Young is a closet conservative. He supported Reagan
>>
Well, I heard Mister Young sing about her
Well, I heard ole Neil put her down.
Well, I hope Neil Young will remember,
a southern man don't need him around anyhow.
>>
>>75041224
Can't scar the Gibraltar
>>
>>75046609
http://thrasherswheat.org/ptma/reagan.htm

He's pretty rational for a liberal.
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.