[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fmr. McDonald's USA CEO: $35K Robots Cheaper Than Hiring
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47
File: images.jpg (32 KB, 470x313) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
32 KB, 470x313
>As fast-food workers across the country vie for $15 per hour wages, many business owners have already begun to take humans out of the picture.

>“I was at the National Restaurant Show yesterday and if you look at the robotic devices that are coming into the restaurant industry -- it’s cheaper to buy a $35,000 robotic arm than it is to hire an employee who’s inefficient making $15 an hour bagging French fries -- it’s nonsense and it’s very destructive and it’s inflationary and it’s going to cause a job loss across this country like you’re not going to believe,” said former McDonald’s (MCD) USA CEO Ed Rensi during an interview on the FOX Business Network’s Mornings with Maria.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/features/2016/05/24/fmr-mcdonalds-usa-ceo-35k-robots-cheaper-than-hiring-at-15-per-hour.html
>>
>>75005758
dude, i say let it come.

i don't understand why the whole "automation" thing is a bad thing. there used to be a time when more automation was good, a sign of success, both technologically and financially.

i understand that less people will have jobs, but that's literally inevitable. i mean, isn't most of whole point of technological advancement to make human lives easier to live?

conversatives crying about this remind me of people crying about how trains are going to put an end to the horse business, and all those poor farmers that have been replaced by advancements in agriculture.

if $15 an hour is what puts us further into the future, why is that BAD? all i ever hear is welfare arguments.
>>
>>75006130
The singularity
>>
>implying they wouldn't use burger robots either way
>implying burger robots aren't the realization of the collective American dream
Every company already rolls out automation as and when it's ready. A minimum wage hike won't change anything except the PR spin they put on it.
>>
>>75006130
Because its an artificial subsidization. The machines are coming at a pace they wouldnt have naturally.
>>
Good. They fuck my orders anyway. Taking human error out of the picture is a good thing.
>>
>>75005758
Merely the natural progression of things. It's in the interest of the state to look out for its own people however. A lot of the problem is because people have to work long hours chasing after the dollar. You don't have much time to advance yourself being a robot. I say let the robots do their thing.
>>
It's not even a new concept. The basic tech to do this shit is decades old. It's just improving it to handle more of the steps that require better dexterity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmXLqImT1wE
>>
>>75005758
I bet the robotic arm doesn't pay taxes
>>
>>75006383
top kek. in the 1950s people dreamed of generic purpose robots and flying cars.. 50 years later it never happened because those boomers kept dreaming rather than doing.
>>
>>75005758
35$K sex robots cheaper than paying a teen $15 an hour?
Oh wait, you meant for burgers, nevermind
>>
They can't even count coins. I give them complicated change on purpose.
>>
GET FUCKED

LUDDITES
U
D
D
I
T
E
S
>>
>>75006130
The point is that people just cant let it go. Poor first worlders think they are entitled to all the comfort of a developed country while doing third world/robotic tasks. The whole point of immigration/automation is to free westerners from menial tasks, but they cling to it because even if you're white you not free of lazyness/incompetence
>>
Sometimes I wonder if in the future, rural communities will increase.
In the past centuries people started migrating to cities as industrialization increased, and now as automation starts kills jobs, rural communities of people living off the land increases.

discuss
>>
>>75006383
>artificial subsidization

No. It is another variable in a very complex equation. Look at the changes in construction for an example of how things are changing. Burger-bagging robots are just another step and there's nothing particularly fast or slow about the change, it's just changing.
>>
mcdonald's only exists because the government allows them limited liability and corporate recognition, so the government is fully within its rights to ban automation.
>>
>>75006130
>Conservatives are crying about this
>Le conservatives le conservatives

Talk this to the leftwing employee who wants his $15 and hour but instead will lose his job, moron.
>>
>>75005758
no more cum in secret sauce?
>>
>>75006130
>conversatives crying about this remind me of people crying about how trains are going to put an end to the horse business, and all those poor farmers that have been replaced by advancements in agriculture.

What Conservatives are crying about this?

Fucking Liberals man! They are noting without projection.
>>
>>75005758
Wait so they don't even pay their cooks 15/hour?
>>
>>75006383
So dumb.time is an illusion. If it's bound to happen, hardly matters when
>>
>>75006130

well see the problem with automation is the following

its not a bad thing .. everyone agrees on this

the bad thing thats going to happen is that the companies get away with it ... they should pay higher taxes if they automate all their employees away

what are the people going to do?

lets say you have jobs humans can't compete against machines in anymore .. what should these people do? there arent an infinite number of jobs available

we need a form of transfer payments to account for that. Automation should serve society after all and not the other way around.

Unfortunately whats bound to happen is that the rich are only getting richer and suck us dry.

The biggest argument in favor of capitalism has always been that it relies on the brave risk taking individual to take it upon himself to create jobs and prospertity .. if he uses machines to do this this argument is out of the window
>>
>>75006239
This, automation has always been coming no matter what. That's why we should be investing in our young people so they develop the skills they need to succeed in the future economy.
>>
>>75005758
Fuck it, I hope this actually happens.

>no niggers touching your food
>no possibility of spit, piss, cum, blood, etc in your food
>food will be the exact same every time because robot follows algorithm to make food
>all the niggers calling for their $15/hr will be out of jobs and will not be able to collect unemployment because they will be fired, not laid off

This would be so based.
>>
They'll pay $15/hr in the ghetto McDonald's because that's cheaper than replacing the robots every time a nigger steals one.
>>
File: 1432255964956.jpg (138 KB, 970x582) Image search: [Google]
1432255964956.jpg
138 KB, 970x582
>>75005758
if that or robot "rights" happens im either leaving the society forever to live on a hippy commune or ill fucking kill those kike scum and their crying contraptions

anyone who believes in this shit is like someone who owns a pitbull
they only deserve and need to be shot
there is no arguing with them
>>
>>75006130
How will having a permanent 30-50% unemployment rate affect the USA? That wasn't a potential side effect of automation at the beginning of the industrial age, because the rest of the economy was growing very fast, but it is now.
>>
>>75006970
>Wait so they don't even pay their cooks 15/hour?
>cooks

the most technical thing they do is slice the onions and tomatos
>>
I don't get why people demanded $15/hr minimum wage
just go get a better job, manual labor can pay a lot if you're willing to do something more complicated than flipping burgers
>>
>>75006630

Go to your local bank and get $2 bills and $1 coins.

Have fun. Fucking sheboon at Carl Jr's didn't even know what a "quarter pound" was the other week
>>
>>75006970
No one "cooks" at McDonalds. The closest you get is picking up a fry basket when a preprogramed machine dings.
>>
>>75007108
>slice the onions and tomatos
Nigger what? I worked at McD's for 3-4 years. We don't slice either one of those. All of the toppings come in packages pre-sliced.
>>
>>75007051
people will take out their frustrations on each other through digital means like what is already happening today
drugs will become plentiful, as well
>>
>>75006912
Perved robots will leak lube onto your buns
>>
What if we lived in a fully automated world where all the shit people do for "work" was done by machines? We could all actually live our lives, pursuing whatever we wanted to do.

Of course, first, we would have to find a way to make money obsolete. Or perhaps once automation really started to catch on, money would become obsolete on its own.
>>
>>75006130
>if $15 an hour is what puts us further into the future, why is that BAD?

Because millions will probably starve you autist
>>
>>75007216
kek, holy shit

do you apply the sauces at least?
>>
File: toiletpapergun.gif (4 MB, 350x196) Image search: [Google]
toiletpapergun.gif
4 MB, 350x196
>>75006130
We really should be pushing for automation now, so we can have systems and safety nets in place for when the Singularity does come (or at least the inevitable progress in automation)
>>
>>75007051

>lets say you have jobs humans can't compete against machines in anymore .. what should these people do? there arent an infinite number of jobs available

Humans have been inventing labor-saving technologies for thousands of years and none have ever caused a shortage of jobs. Why do you think future ones will? Because you want something for nothing?
>>
>>75006809
never said they're any better, but i'm obviously not in a conversation with any liberals. besides, personally, i think minimum wage should increase along with inflation. otherwise, what's the point? a useful minimum wage also helps companies make steps towards modernizing, which i think will pay off in the long run. if Japan can into robots, why not us?

>>75006667
best answer so far, but i'm familiar with this train of thought. i don't think the best way to stop laziness is to encourage these kind of business model. especially when they're jobs with no skill, and part-time.

my problem lies with the fact that i don't think automation will affect out welfare that much. it will, certainly, but the amount of part-time jobs this economy has created are disheartening to me, and has already created a welfare problem.

>>75006383
already answered, and you're wrong. the pace isn't FAST enough. your opinion is very boomer-esque. comfortable enough to not care about improving the world anymore.

>>75006219
lol
>>
>>75007045
Literally everyone will eventually be dead.

It is bound to happen.

Hardly matters when.
>>
>>75007307
>first, we would have to find a way to make money obsolete

>have skill
>use skill to trade with other skilled people for goods or service
>do whatever the equivalent of profit would be

let the service industry cucks starve off
>>
>>75006686
I hope so. Rural communities are the best.
>>75006449
>All the dindu does is take the tray and put it on the conveyor belt
>chef hat
Fuck that's subtle.
>>
>>75005758
Good, I don't want niggers and spics handling my food anyway.
>>
>>75006239
15$ is simply a catalyst. A number at/over a threshold at which automation becomes viable. Who knows tho 10 might have been more reasonable and bought the unskilled labor enough time to gain a skill and move on in life. But they got greedy and went with 15$
>>
>>75006449
>nigger in the kitchen serving fast food
man it's like they never held any other jobs.
>>
>>75005758
DO IT FAGGOTS!!!
>>
>>75005758
Of course they are
Robots also don't bitch, whine and file lawsuits
>>
>>75007142
I picked up some eggplants at Walmart a few weeks ago. The Shaniqua at the counter asked me what they were, she was completely baffled.

I can understand not eating them but how the fuck do you not know what a god damn eggplant looks like?
>>
File: sexbot.jpg (36 KB, 595x397) Image search: [Google]
sexbot.jpg
36 KB, 595x397
Daily reminder - the more we push for automation the sooner we get Artificially Intelligent sexbots
>>
>>75006383
other way around retard.

they've been delayed because there isnt a machine that can compete with pajeet at 50 cents an hour, ching chong at 30 cents an hour, and pablo working construction at 3 dollars an hour.

machines wont be able to compete with near slave humans for centuries.
>>
>>75007216
Jeez Wendy's at least cut lettuce and tomato

>>75007363
All the sandwiches were built by hand.
>>
>>75005758
Hopefully they keep fighting for their 15 just to see if these business owners will put their money where their mouths are.
>>
The real problem that no one wants to address is the hourly worker in general.

I'm sure we've all had / have hourly paying jobs. I'm sure we are all familiar with the people that just do the bare minimum to not get fired, and we, the hard worker, have to pick up their slack.

Hard work is no longer valued by employers that follow an hourly pay wage system. As long as they have the bodies that will do the bare minimum, they are okay with it. The fact that those employers are okay with allowing this behavior is the root of the problem.

But now with so many fears of lawsuits due to discrimination, employers that do want to change, can't make the changes they want for fear of legal repercussions.

This is what happens when you give in to the left.
>>
>>75007955
>all those seams to get your dick snagged on
back to the drawing board Johnson
>>
>>75007955
Sexbots shouldn't be AI, I don't want it to kill me in my sleep
A sexbot should be a regular "smart" bot
>>
I hope other fast food places also go to machines. Then there would no more poo in the loos touching my food
>>
I'll start eating at fast food joints again as soon as I don't have to deal with nigger min wage workers who tend to be a bunch of females with liberal arts degrees and their aspiring fellow sociology majors.
>>
>>75006967
i singled out conservative because i don't come to /pol/ for leftist opinions. grow thicker skin, you little bitch.

>>75007051
i suppose, but people have been using technology to their advantage since forever. that's why most of the world speaks English, because the US and Britain dominated the world through this very same process.

besides, everyone who doesn't have a job can just enlist.

>>75007102
this is my biggest worry, but a lot can be solved by making abortion mandatory and reducing the population size. i don't consider it a big problem for us as a nation though. our population is so small, considering the amount of land we sit on.

>>75007335
doubt it. can you prove that at all? future speculation of doom with no proof isn't convincing me of anything.
>>
>>75008073
>trying to fuck her ankles
>>
>>75007645
That is literally how utopian societies function. Skills are currency.
>>
File: 1462222193809.gif (1008 KB, 255x160) Image search: [Google]
1462222193809.gif
1008 KB, 255x160
>>75007955

artificially intelligent sexbots wanting a romanian
>>
>>75005758
I prefer my burger being made by a robot, it has to be much cleaner than some fucking illegal or a teenager putting it together.
>>
>>75006686
Idiot. They won't be able to afford the land or the tools used to farm it. A square mile of farmland is worth millions of dollars and the farm equipment is worth about a million. The only people still farming are the ones who built up wealth over generations or an entire working life, or in some cases corporations.
>>
>>75008130
just turn off the power at night
you gotta save the battery anyway
>>
>>75008130
>Meatbags thinking their safe
>>
>>75007907
>What dis be?
>It's an eggplant.
>Wha~? Nah~! Dis aint no eeeegg plantuh! Dis be sum finna SKWASH, nik-kuuuuuh!

Fucking niggers touching my food. Reeeeeeeeee.
>>
>>75005758
>my burger will be nearly perfect every time

I'm ok with this

too bad kids won't grow up until they're 30 years old because there are no jobs for 16 year olds after the fast food market is gone
>>
File: posted.jpg (110 KB, 584x584) Image search: [Google]
posted.jpg
110 KB, 584x584
>>75005758
K, keep me posted.
>>
>>75006130
Because it hurts small business' that can afford neither robots nor 15$ hour employees
>>
>>75008354

>I'm ok with this

I once went to McDonald's and received a Quarter Pounder without the meat patty. Automation can't come fast enough.
>>
>>75007051
>The biggest argument in favor of capitalism has always been that it relies on the brave risk taking individual to take it upon himself to create jobs and prospertity .. if he uses machines to do this this argument is out of the window
That actually doesn't make sense, if machines are there it would be foolish not to use it, especially looking at it from global perspective. And capitalism is a global game.

You make it sound like capitalism is a company vs employee thing, or that the number of jobs is a fixed.

If it does cause distress upon a large percentage of the population however, the state should do something about distribution of wealth and it would be in it's interest to do so.
>>
>>75005758

Jobs are supposed to produce something. It can bee richness itself or just to provide a service, but it must have a reason.

To give someone a job for the sake of giving someone a job is the same as telling him/her to simply pretend not to be a leech. There is always something that the person could be doing that would bring something back to society.

If a machine can do it better, then let them do it better.

This goes extra when you consider literal brainless jobs like packing fries.
>>
>>75008354
At the rate our education system is going, people won't be "ready for the work force" until they are 30 years old and have a Ph.D anyway.
>>
File: 1457150792375.png (652 KB, 676x676) Image search: [Google]
1457150792375.png
652 KB, 676x676
>conservatives don't want this!
>liberals don't want this!

Both parties have poorfags that dont want this. Pinning this on the rise of minimum wage is disingenuous though, this machines will be cheaper than the current minimum wage. You are damn fool and a tool if you think companies haven't been researching this prior to the wage debate and were content to losing money on paying workers out of the kindness of their hearts.
>>
File: she sees your dick.gif (311 KB, 450x360) Image search: [Google]
she sees your dick.gif
311 KB, 450x360
>>75005758
Wonder how long it will be, before king nigger decrees that all business' have to employ a certain amount of people no matter what.
>>
>>75008354
I'm teaching my nephews woodworking, one is a real artist with a dremel tool.

>CURRANT YEAR
>not teaching your younger family members skills
>>
>>75008456
thats why trump should lower taxes on small businesses to make up the difference.

the only problem is that kikes might start making an array of small businesses to take advantage.
>>
>>75005758
Sweet, maybe they'll actually get the cheese ON the fish fillet now
>>
>>75006667
They may or may not be able to compete with third-world labor costs, but they sure as hell still have to pay first-world living costs. Something has to give. I am an automator, but I don't want to end up pitchforked someday. Anyway the anxiety and stress of having no job security for most of the labor force is starting to negatively affect society.
>>
>>75008504
sums up my thoughts exactly.
>>
File: 20150304_153833[1].jpg (449 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
20150304_153833[1].jpg
449 KB, 1280x960
>>75008540
This is the first wooden spoon I carved on a camping trip using only a Mora knife.
>>
File: 1453923265008.jpg (68 KB, 780x675) Image search: [Google]
1453923265008.jpg
68 KB, 780x675
>>75008006
>All the sandwiches were built by hand.
>built

what a mammoth task, how long did it take you to get certified?
>>
>>75008765
beautiful, sell them at farmers markets
>>
File: 1463934069589.jpg (112 KB, 785x785) Image search: [Google]
1463934069589.jpg
112 KB, 785x785
>>75008511
Conservatives will just blame the liberals for the wage hike while the libs will claimed that it was the ebil corporations' fault. Meanwhile both groups will continue reciving money from these industries and everything will stay the same for them.
>>
>>75007733
It's nowhere near the threshhold where a 35k robot to make burgers would be viable though. At that price point they'ld be viable against sub 5 dollar minimum wages.

We can't outsourcing burger flipping and human resources that demand basic standards of living and working conditions are gutter trash for menial labor compared to robots.
>>
>>75008765
Nice. Reminds me of the one my parents used to beat my ass with
>>
>>75007984

Yup. And the globalist are doing everything they can to make it as easy as possible to move their money around to take advantage of that labor.
>>
>>75005758
robots > immigrants

I for one welcome my new robotic bulls.
>>
File: 1454883905602.jpg (185 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1454883905602.jpg
185 KB, 1280x720
So what jobs will be automated in the next 5-10 years?
>>
>>75008670
Did you know that mainstream bioweapon authority Francis Boyle, author of the current US treaty on biological warfare, believes that Zika was engineered?
I wonder what they'll do with all those "useless eaters."
>>
>>75006630
Kek I thought I was the only one that did this. The blank stare you receive is priceless
>>
>>75008670
This.

The shit about low skill workers wanting all the luxuries for none of the effort is a total jewish meme. People talk about why there are so many westerners who aren't having families and tanking our birth rates is because we have a generation of people of which most are basically going to be stuck in service/retail sector jobs with no real prospect of advancement.
>>
File: 1462053805837.jpg (21 KB, 500x381) Image search: [Google]
1462053805837.jpg
21 KB, 500x381
> we could have had a paradise where all basic tasks are automated, our population is small enough so everyone can receive livable welfare but instead we let in countless niggers to exploit our welfare system and dumb down the population
>>
>>75008945
also this. i haven't looked into it enough to really argue from this perspective, but if there were less incentive for illegal immigration then more immigrants would be forced to return to their country and not bother returning.

these part-time no skill jobs are the only reason they bother coming here, isn't it? god knows a dollar is worth a hell of a lot more than a fucking peso, or whatever rocks they use for bargaining over the boarder.
>>
>>75008841
5 minutes

It's just the word they used
>>
>>75006630
>total is $17.17
>give them $20.25
>they get confused about why you gave them the quarter
>>
File: goingforawalk.webm (817 KB, 360x640) Image search: [Google]
goingforawalk.webm
817 KB, 360x640
>people freaking out about fast workers losing their jobs
>People not freaking out about truck drivers being BTFO
>there are 4 times as many truck drivers as there are fast food workers
>>
>>75009092
The best is, let's say your total is $11.24. Give them $21.24. They usually had me back the $1.24 and say "oh you gave me too much money"
>>
>>75007405
sweet doom mod
>>
>>75009020
Any driving jobs.
Imagine truckers that don't have to sleep.
>>
>>75006635
THIS
HH
I I
S S
>>
>>75008290
>They won't be able to afford the land or the tools used to farm it

They don't buy land.
We are imagining a chaos scenario here, where people simply realize that life in the system is completely impossible, in the sense that they don't know what to do to adapt in the city.

Then they unite and create a completely independent society, where they produce what they consume. They don't interact with the 'city caste'. They don't use technology, nothing.Just people living off the land like our forebears did for thousands of years.
The world becomes divided in two. People living in the city and people living isolated between themselves. A 'city caste' and a 'rural caste'
>>
>>75009295
people get stuck behind trucks in traffic and blame drivers instead of physics, meanwhile fast food workers provide them their daily burger.
>>
>>75007121
This
I worked McDonald's when I was 16, like you are supposed too. Why now all of a sudden flipping burgers is a valid career choice baffles me
>>
Large scale automation needs to be followed by a basic income welfare system.
You have to substitute those jobs with something.

Oh if only shitskins didn't exist.
Here's the natural progression of our species:

>things become automated
>less people work menial jobs
>as prosperity increases people have less kids
>population starts to level out
>most mundane work is automated now
>welfare system gives people who don't work a wage
>eventually the population levels out entirely and all labor is automated, humans are free to pursue hobbies and passions
>utopian society of leisure with no population problems

How things actually happened:

>instead of automating labor is outsourced to the 3rd world
>instead of the population leveling out the 3rd world is imported en masse to inflate the birth rate
>no need for robots when shitskins will work for pennies
>social welfare systems collapse through the strain

We already reached a point in countries like Switzerland and Canada where basic income was actually being discussed as a viable project and the White birth rates around the world are leveling out and becoming stable and sustainable.

Instead of making that necessary social change to a welfare system propped up by automation we're drowning in the 3rd world.
>>
>>75007434
Because automation is being used to replace people instead of make them more effective. Also because far more has been automated at this point. The remaining jobs involve coordinating the the activities of the machines, which is often quite complicated -- many people are not intelligent enough to do it or lack the years of education and experience required by employers for it in any given tiny niche sector.
>>
>>75009295
Yeah, as soon as the whole driverless car thing started, trucker started shitting themselves - and rightfully so.

Not only truckers, but train conductors and pilots as well.
>>
>>75009073
>ZERO sources except infowars tinfoil hat schizophrenic paranoia garbage
neck yourself
>>
>>75005758
>The McDouble will be back down to $1 in our lifetime.
The most telling indicator of Obama's economic failure is that the burgers went from $1 to $2.59.
>>
>>75009478
>yfw all the cars are linked via wireless connection and traffic jams never happen again
>>
File: newminwageworkers.jpg (511 KB, 1440x1920) Image search: [Google]
newminwageworkers.jpg
511 KB, 1440x1920
>>
>>75009126
It's the middle class who is not breeding mostly
Low iq trash of all races breeds profusely
>>
>>75005758
Need to boycott McDonalds. Capitalism is turning every first world country into a multicultural third world country
>>
File: everything-is-illuminated.gif (1001 KB, 440x300) Image search: [Google]
everything-is-illuminated.gif
1001 KB, 440x300
>>75007051
>the bad thing thats going to happen is that the companies get away with it ... they should pay higher taxes if they automate all their employees away
>what are the people going to do?

You get a job fixing the machines.
You get a job installing the machines.
You get a job maintaining the machines.
You get a job designing the machines.
You get a job developing the machines.

And you get paid more to do it, all while working easier.
>>
>>75009524

>Because automation is being used to replace people instead of make them more effective.

You really think this is the first time a job has been "replaced" by automation?
>>
>>75009624
>traffic jams never happen

i'll believe it when i fucking see it! holy hell, i love driving my car, but i don't think anything stresses me out more than traffic. especially after i quit smoking cigarettes.
>>
>>75005758

Always pros and cons for making decisions like this. If they are smart, they will move slowly and phase it in while learning the real costs and its impact on sales.

Unfortunately, I don't see this savings being passed onto the customer, so they'll have to deal with the new wave of local competition when their food gets passed off as "artificial".
>>
>>75009676
yea but that requires people to be educated which is too much effort for your average burger flipper
>>
>>75009505
>followed by a basic income welfare system.
it doesnt, good try shekelstein.

worst case scenario for these people is they start doing shit robots can do like general manufacturing that china does.
>>
>>75007463
Japan is overrun by NEETs, who were created by the same challenges that we have: mass automation and a suppression of aggregate demand due to high wealth disparities and thus limited consumer spending. Japan has fewer problems because it has a more culturally homogenous and work-oriented society and because it lacks the large low-IQ subsets of the population present in the U.S. It will likely turn out worse here.
>>
I Would much rather have robots make my food than shitty teens and ex cons. This can't come soon enough.
>>
>>75009729
It's the first time that jobs in the base of the pyramid are being replaced.
We are talking about millions of people here, not an isolated sector, several sectors at once.
>>
File: datdogdoe.jpg (321 KB, 620x824) Image search: [Google]
datdogdoe.jpg
321 KB, 620x824
>>75009546
Oh young one it goes much MUCH deeper than that.
First truckers/couriers
Next Insurance companies are no longer need
Next no longer need traffic cops
Next no longer need local car repair places cars will drive themselve to the factory to be repaired
Next cars will no longer be owned by anyone but a group of people will share a few cars and call the car up when you need a ride
Next mass transit becomes useless since you have a car anytime you need one
Next I fap to the tears of the mass unemployed
>>
>>75009624
>traffic jams never happen again
tell that to my road network in cities:skyline even with the cheat mode AI
>>
Daily reminder SJW's will use arguments seen in the 1800's by the luddites.

>dem machines takin our jobs
>>
>>75008196
>besides, everyone who doesn't have a job can just enlist.

Except the military isn't that large. Technological advancement has done away with the need for large numbers of bodies in the military.

>>75008196
>but a lot can be solved by making abortion mandatory and reducing the population size.

Congratulations idiot. You just destroyed your country.

Automation is not and has never been compatible with the modern system. It requires pure libertarianism with NO form of social security or it requires a strong national socialist government that takes the proceeds of those machines and uses it to support the people.

Aborting a lot of people will only accelerate the decline of the West. We live in a social security ponzi scheme that can only be funded by ever expanding future generations. Why do you think governments are so obsessed with third world immigration? Because they're deluded enough to think the chimps will work and fund the ponzi scheme.

So you have three choices. Become pure libertarian and let millions of people starve to death when their jobs become redundant. Become a fascist and use automation to provide first world living standards to the people of the nation. Or just stick your thumbs in your ears until the system collapses.
>>
>>75006219
and what? You prefer entropy? Please kill yourself on this and every subsequent repetition of reality.
>>
>>75009126
College isn't for everyone, not everyone is smart.
>>
>>75006130
>dude why don't we just make robots do everything man wouldn't that be awesome
>>
>>75010063
sjws dont have jobs.

they just want free shit so they dont have to work.

meanwhile they want more illegals to work shit jobs so that they pay taxes for their shit.

they want the top and bottom classes to pay for their shit right in the middle.
>>
>>75010009
The cars are made to be inefficient by not working together.
With AI driven cars the cars can all be driven by the same AI unit and controlled so they can drive 1 foot from each other at 95 mph
>>
>>75009884
But if you have a society where EVERYTHING is automated and there are no more manual labor jobs, what do you do with that huge subset of the population who now just has no place in society and can't eat?
If you want to transition to automation you MUST have a basic income welfare system, or those millions of factory workers and bus drivers and farmers will just destroy everything.
And they would be right to do that if you eliminated their jobs and provided no alternative.
Or do you think everyone should be hilariously overqualified and work in invented managerial positions?
>>
>>75005758
Do it, burger fags.
It's not as easy as they claim.
>muh $35,000 robot arm
Still has to be cleaned on an hourly basis
Still has to be maintained every day
If it breaks down it has to be replaced until original is repaired.
Has to be fed materials.
Run be a computer that fucks up.
Cannot think creatively and retrace after a fuckup in making an order
Cannot also cleanup the work area after its shift.

Fucking bullshit scare tactics.
>>
>>75007645
What happens when increasingly sophisticated AI makes many skills redundant all at once, and limits demand to only the most advanced and complex versions of those skills? Tax preparation (automated unless you need complicated business tax planning), truck driving (about to be automated unless you are driving unusual specialty equipment), secretarial work (automated away by Google unless you are a high-end executive who wants the best possible service and hires an assistant to use such tools), etc. Or a protected profession like medical specialists (AMA cartel limits the number of them intentionally). Jobs will increasingly be treated as rare entitlements earned by knowing the right people-- many of the best jobs already are.
>>
good, one step closer to basic income
>>
File: mSuil90.gif (2 MB, 400x250) Image search: [Google]
mSuil90.gif
2 MB, 400x250
>>75010280
Everything becomes so cheap its basically free
The only limit is energy at that point and if they figure out fussion all problems will be solved.
Factories will build other factories to build robots that build the first factories

20-35 years time
>>
File: gottajewfast.png (404 KB, 570x806) Image search: [Google]
gottajewfast.png
404 KB, 570x806
>>75009884
This go- I mean guy gets it.

Society should have no form of basic income. These fucking leeches need to learn to work. And if there is no work, they need to work for less. And if that doesn't work, they should just starve to death and die. Life is about making money for yourself and putting money in the pockets of those smart enough to build their own companies.
>>
File: favela-morumbi-sao-paulo.jpg (229 KB, 435x288) Image search: [Google]
favela-morumbi-sao-paulo.jpg
229 KB, 435x288
This is where your grandchildren will live.
>>
>>75010280
>But if you have a society where EVERYTHING is automated
wont happen for centuries.

theres still random shit to do like picking up trash, cleaning rivers, cleaning the ocean, cleaning the machines, cleaning offices, cleaning buildings, cleaning your fucking home, manufacturing new designs from random kikestarter projects, website design, interface design, advertisement design, literally millions of things robots wont be able to do for a long time.

there's also something people have forgotten about and thats the money involved in developing a country OTHER than the US. the money will be in places like mexico, china, india to develop their countries as well.

labor will continue to move to where its needed basically.
>>
>>75010486
sounds pretty fair to me
>>
>>75010207
Yeah. Then a deer walks onto the parkway and everyone in that gay robot car train rear ends each other when the lead car spirals out of control.
>>
>>75010486
what a elitist poofta. go on redd1t plz
>>
>>75009897
i get the whole NEET problem, but how do you solve that? because all i see is the eventuality of either: basic income, having NEETs and dealing with it, or not advancing technology that can easily advance.

anyway, Japan is a different beast entirely. their population to landmass compared to us is so extreme and different. while it may seem weird mentioning that, population density plays very much into this conversation.

then again, Japan didn't seem to have such a huge service industry as we do right now. they've even managed to hold onto a lot of manufacturing jobs for a first world nation like theirs.
>>
>>75010454
Doesn't matter how cheap things are if these people can't earn any money because they're unemployed and you won't give them welfare.
>>
>>75010207
>The cars are made to be inefficient by not working together.
that's why I specified cheater mode AI, where you mod it so they work together. There are still basic and inescapable limits on volume.
>>
>>75010486
>These fucking leeches need to learn to work. And if there is no work,
>if there is no work
almost had it but good try.

its no surprise all the kikes are pushing basic income aka communism lite.
>>
>>75006492
That's it, innit?
>>
File: dnldtrmp.webm (320 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
dnldtrmp.webm
320 KB, 400x400
>>75010368
It wont be robots walking around...
Think of a vending machine on crack or... on wheels
Imagine a pizza van that contains everything including a oven to cook the pizza. You order a pizza on the website and it starts making the pizza inside the vans and is cooking while driving to your house. You walk outside and it spits out a pizza.
All the labour that would be need in the short term is someone to load the raw materials into the van in the morning. Shit like flour water cheese ect
>>
>>75006130

> i don't understand why the whole "automation" thing is a bad thing. there used to be a time when more automation was good, a sign of success, both technologically and financially.

This doesn't increase automation the way you think it does. It just diverts valuable resources (engineers, time, capital, etc) into automating an artificially expensive task rather than more meaningful ones that are genuinely expensive.

Imagine you have a bunch of tasks that can be automated with similar effort. Which do you automate first? Obviously the most expensive one.

Now imagine the state comes in and picks one of those tasks at random and says this task now costs X dollars more. That task now moves up in the line even though it is not as important as the tasks it is skipping.

Prices are the market signals that we use to determine where we should allocate resources. Minimum wages distort these signals and result in a mis-allocation of resources, making us worse off as a result.
>>
File: me.jpg (9 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
9 KB, 300x168
The only reason that this hasn't already happened is because the elite enjoy modern day slavery in the form of the wageslave, or hourly employee.

It's all a huge Rothschild, Carnegie, Rockefeller conspiracy.
>>
>>75009866

You don't need an education to serve coffee or clean the rooms where the people that fix/install/maintain/design/develop the machines work.
>>
File: 1463897924921.jpg (49 KB, 500x301) Image search: [Google]
1463897924921.jpg
49 KB, 500x301
>>75005758
i am ok with that.
its wrong to think we need work.
work needs to be done thats all.
but there should be a gigantic tax per month for that robots to pay the unemployed
>>
File: 1464134288360.jpg (81 KB, 674x900) Image search: [Google]
1464134288360.jpg
81 KB, 674x900
Good. When are lawyers going to get automated? I'm tired of paying $150 or more every time I need to challenge a speeding ticket.
>>
>>75010368
>Still has to be cleaned on an hourly basis
One or two highscool pizza-faces with a rag and some cleaning spray
>Still has to be maintained every day
They already have a technician or two on call to fix all the other machines in the store
>If it breaks down it has to be replaced until original is repaired.
See on-call technicians, as well as the fact that these things would probably use replaceable and modular parts.
>Has to be fed materials.
SO DO NORMAL WORKERS, YOU IDIOT.
There are these things called hoppers, that can all be serviced by the same two greasy kids that are keeping the damn things clean and unclogged
>Run be a computer that fucks up.
Computers don't "fuck up" if the company that manufactures and programs these machines is even half-way competent.
>Cannot think creatively and retrace after a fuckup in making an order
Again, they don't fuck up, any error would be on part of cashier/data-entry dude, or the customer themselves if they use an automated cashier
>Cannot also cleanup the work area after its shift.
Why would is spill shit in the first place? In any case, refer back to the two kids that are cleaning and stocking the machines.
>>
>>75010570

Unless the people say no. There's still more of them, and if they have sufficient force to say that society will not work that way, and can enforce their choice, then that will be the fact.

Whomever can enforce their vision of the future is correct, ipso facto.
>>
File: poster_1984_lrg.jpg (47 KB, 416x680) Image search: [Google]
poster_1984_lrg.jpg
47 KB, 416x680
>>75010664
Yes but currently humans are the reason why traffic jams happen not because of volume.
Shitty reaction times + lane swapping + people slowing down to look at shit = traffic jam
>>
>>75010775
>Just poking at it with the iron
Where's her solder? Fake as shit.
>>
>STILL NEED PEOPLE TO LOAD THE MACHINES
>STILL NEED PEOPLE TO CLEAN THE MACHINES
>STILL NEED PEOPLE TO BUILT THE MACHINES
>STILL NEED PEOPLE TO ENGINEER THE MACHINES
>STILL NEED PEOPLE TO SERVICE THE MACHINES
>STILL NEED PEOPLE TO TRANSPORT FOOD
>STILL NEED PEOPLE IN THE STORE UNLESS THEY REPLACE THEIR WHOLE FLEET BY MCDONALD VENDING MACHINES
>NEED MAINTENANCE WORKERS
>NEED CUSTOMER SERVICE WORKERS
>IMPLYING OLD FARTS KNOW HOW TO USE A FUCKING SCREEN
>IMPLYING THEY CAN AUTOMATIZE THE WHOLE RESTAURANT

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH MCDICKS JUST TRYING TO SCARE PEOPLE

worst case, mcdonald fires the shitty 2$/hour jobs and at the same time loses a shit ton of customers. All it does is put those people on full welfare instead of partly on welfare. Bump the fucking minimum wage, it hasn't caught up to inflation. Not the 15$/h bullshit. 10.50$/h is good enough, McDonalds can afford it in other countries, they sure as hell can afford it in burgerland,
>>
>>75010817
stop speeding?
>>
>>75010925

She is also hold the metal part is which is white hot
>>
>>75010925

missing solder isn't even whats wrong with the pic dipshit
>>
File: bait.jpg (381 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
381 KB, 1920x1080
>>75010925
>>
>>75007102
the automation of the industrial age wasn't as advance as this. horses riders lost their trade but new, similar trades took its place they could easily move into.

trades where lost, but 5+ other trades took its place that people could flee to.

>http://www.techinsider.io/high-salary-jobs-will-be-automated-2016-3
>http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/white-house-robot-workers_us_56cdd89ce4b0928f5a6de955
>http://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-robots-are-coming-for-jobs-that-pay-20-an-hour-or-less-white-house-finds-2016-02-22
>http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-wright-robots-jobs-data-mining-20160328-story.html

as we all know, not everyone can be a engineer, a chemist, little einsteins.

the whole point of this level of automation is to truly replace human workers. in all fields.

right now? currently we don't have enough decent paying jobs for college grads. if everyone ditched liberal arts for useful trades such as engineering, bio, and such there still wouldn't be enough jobs for all those grads. the universe of high paying jobs are low.

this level of automation will not only effect "minimum wage" but also higher paying jobs. unlike the industrial age people don't have many options to flee to. this new automation isn't creating many new jobs for humans as a by product. yes new jobs will be created, but the kind created won't require the shear amount of available work force.

then more people heading off to college for degrees in engineering and such.

you don't need 1 million maintainers. you don't need 2 million engineers. you don't need 2 million plumbers. with everyone and their mother trying to get into these fields we will see wages decreases due to the huge supply and little demand.

even if we reduce population there still wouldn't be enough decent paying jobs for the population once automation is in full swing.

a living wage will be a must.
>>
>>75010724
No its because cheap computers and new manufacturing process is why its happening not and not 10 years ago. Only recently have we had cheap small powerful chips that can run complex algorithms that are required to automation
>>
>>75010864
>never worked in fast food or with machines
>>
>>75005758
This is such a stupid, see-through lie.

Oh no, there will be surplus labor on the market? Jee-golly, how ever will the economy endure?

Oh right: this is the USA. The most entrepreneurial nation in the history of planet Earth.

Replace all the fast food jobs with machines. Fuckin' go for it. Sure: it'll cause a bump in the road. But there are plenty of people will find ways to make money off the labor of someone earning $15/hour. Americans really can get that done.
>>
>>75011012
>>75010925
nope you both missed it.

she never even plugged it in if its not burning her
>>
>>75011101
>im fucking plying
Two years at mcdicks in highschool, you're move, faggot.
>>
>>75011068
>even if we reduce population there still wouldn't be enough decent paying jobs for the population once automation is in full swing.

So what everyone else end up doing? Space exploration? Community service?
>>
>>75010640
Welfare will be part of the process
I suspect a massive increase in taxation on companies that automate a large part of their workforce.
Tap water is so cheap now its basically free this is because of automation. People used to have to haul water around but we built a system of pipes that does all the work
Same concept only reason water costs anything atm is because the cost to maintain the system and retard alert green fags pushing taxes on everything
>>
>>75010486
t. white suburban kid
>>
>>75010099
well, as i said in the second post you quoted, i don't think we have the same population problem that China had, or anything near it. i was just pointing out that, giving a huge population that is largely uneducated and without skills (worst case scenario), mandatory population controls have worked.

i'm not gonna get into some argument about saving the white race though. i don't see how it's related, and there's a million threads every day about that boring topic.

also, your military might not be that large, but ours certainly are. and even with drones, you need people to design them, build them, maintain them (in field mind you), people to operate them, people to build the computers to do that operating, people to maintain that. well, you probably get my point.

you think automation kills jobs, but it only kills useless jobs, all the while creating a large web of other jobs, usually in manufacturing, operating, and blue-collar work in maintaining them.

i do think some thing need to change, like our lack of national manufacturing jobs and the fact that less people go to trade schools for technical degrees. but i have some hope that tides are changing on those fronts.

>>75010170
>implying it ISN'T awesome.

do you fucking solves incredibly complicated math problems with a calculator or an abacus? Jesus fucking Christ, go back to 1600 you peasant. robots/machines doing menial work is ABSOLUTELY awesome.

damn, never thought i'd sound excited over fucking calculators.
>>
>>75010565
Almost half of unskilled jobs will be gone within 20 years
>>
>Cooperations and all across the board spend $100,000s on robots to replace workers
>Congress bans automation
>All franchisee owners become butthurt and in denbt

Word
>>
>>75010368
>half dozen or more workers per shift
>now replaced roboburger v1 and whichever pedro you had cleaning during that shift before
>b-but a handful of jobs in IT will be created to do programming for the million machines replacing several million jobs!
I like automation but you're still retarded. There's no room to spin this as a net gain in jobs available.
>>
>>75011263
Ideally, everyone would be doing what they wanted to do, with the only "real" jobs being those in acedemia, technology, and so on and so forth.

The general idea is that the prosperity caused by full automation, coupled with a stable population, would allow for sustainable universal basic income for everyone that doesn't want to work, allowing for them to still participate in the economy, albeit for leisure and luxury.
>>
>>75011340
It's a good thing that all developed nations have decided to import millions of unskilled brown people to work those jobs in the interim though. I mean can you imaging what would happen if we hadn't?
>>
>>75010992
have you ever seen a self checkout?

8 self check outs. only one to two humans max needed to operate and manage them.

8 self checkouts that fired 6 - 7 cashiers.

you don't need many humans to preform any of those tasks. more jobs will be lost than created by this new form of automation.

also automation is already taking over the >STILL NEED PEOPLE TO TRANSPORT FOOD

>https://medium.com/basic-income/self-driving-trucks-are-going-to-hit-us-like-a-human-driven-truck-b8507d9c5961#.i00vs9yl0
>http://www.wsj.com/articles/truckers-gain-an-automated-assist-1438939801
>http://techcrunch.com/2016/04/25/the-driverless-truck-is-coming-and-its-going-to-automate-millions-of-jobs/
>http://www.informationweek.com/mobile/mobile-business/first-automated-truck-licensed-to-operate-on-public-roads/d/d-id/1320311
>>
File: Rise of Robert Mapplethorpe.jpg (80 KB, 630x632) Image search: [Google]
Rise of Robert Mapplethorpe.jpg
80 KB, 630x632
>>75005758
Rise of the machines !!!
>>
>>75011340
Like what?
>>
File: pizza-vending-machine.jpg (149 KB, 620x591) Image search: [Google]
pizza-vending-machine.jpg
149 KB, 620x591
>>75010992
>IMPLYING THEY CAN AUTOMATIZE THE WHOLE RESTAURANT

Its been around for 5 years now automated restaurants will be called... suprize vending machines
>>
>>75011263
this
>>75011433

essentially a star trek type society.
>>
>>75011438
They don't really work in unskilled jobs over here. Eastern Euros and younger people do. Browns are mostly on welfare
>>
>>75008456
One major effect of automation is that many businesses begin to benefit even more from economies of scale. This means prices are increasingly set by the largest most efficient firms, and at some point it becomes extremely difficult or impossible to break even below a certain size of business. Then starting it ends up requiring tens of millions in VC money and therefore very strong connections in the VC community. And most of the population gets shut out entirely and forced to sell labor to the owners instead. This is called late capitalism for a reason. Eventually the corporations acquire such systemic importance that they increasingly fuse with the state-- we are observing this even now.
>>
WE HAVE THE ISSUE OF OVERPOPULATION ON THIS EARTH. WE MUST FIND A WAY TO REDUCE THE WORLD POPULATION.
>>
Carls Jr. Fuck you! I'm eating.
>>
>>75011438

They want the white middle class and the white working class exterminated. I honestly think thats why they are doing it. Shitskins and robots are two fronts of the same war.
>>
>>75010170

lets say ALL jobs are taken by robots
however they're just single jobs (So a burger making robot wont be able to cook you a steak or drive a bus)

Humans wont be employed so what happens to money, goods, value

robot farms the shit
robot transports it
robot makes it
robot gives it to human
but will human need to pay>

they only was this system could work is eliminating greed, aka a card / id of sort meaning everything having a value and everyones entitles to the same amount, but u can change and save up this exchange thing just like cash, only you dont work for it, time gives it you.
>>
>>75010992

Canada strikes again!
>>
File: notmarx.jpg (375 KB, 639x910) Image search: [Google]
notmarx.jpg
375 KB, 639x910
>>75011586
>And most of the population gets shut out entirely and forced to sell labor to the owners instead.

That's actually called "proletarianization" and it's a marxist concept.
>>
>>75011586
This; there is functionally little difference between sufficiently advanced capitalism, and sufficiently advanced socialism; just replace "dollars" with "resource credits" or "citizen's labor vouchers" or some other.
>>
>>75011576
Can a utopian society ever exist while we still have niggers living in the population?

How do you end violence?
How do you end greed?
How do you end prejudice?
How do you end illiteracy?
How do you end ebonics? (okay, I know the answer to this one)
>>
>>75011012
>>75011015
>>75011151
My bad, the not accomplishing anything part made me overlook the way she was holding it.
It's like seeing a guy take an oxyacetylene torch to metal with an orange flame.
>>
File: 1451717488097.png (143 KB, 672x434) Image search: [Google]
1451717488097.png
143 KB, 672x434
>>75011604
Its already happening
We are in a great extinction event right now. My guess is some arab country is going to create a super bug that fucks everyone up and clear 80% of the worlds population
Guessing the Happening will happen 25-40 years from now
>>
My country got rid of unskilled manufacturing in the 1980s. Now Northern England is destitute. LMAO @ people saying that this won't fuck up your country.
>>
>>75011513
Service industry and travel, logistics and transport, garbage pick up

There are a bunch of articles about industry 4.0, these are just off the top of my head
>>
>>75008540
>family member skills
Like teaching him how to fuck his own mum?
>>
So you're saying my burger won't be crushed?
>>
File: 1448484048857.jpg (162 KB, 434x313) Image search: [Google]
1448484048857.jpg
162 KB, 434x313
>>75009020
>So what jobs will be automated in the next 5-10 years?
The manufacturing jobs Trump promises to bring back
>>
>>75011398
Then they should quit stalling and do it.
Truth is, it's still a bargaining chip.
>>
Can robots spit in your food?
>>
File: 1452228840716.png (659 KB, 1000x707) Image search: [Google]
1452228840716.png
659 KB, 1000x707
>>75011831
>your country
More like your whole planet desu senpai
>>
>>75009319
Even better is that modern cash registers are retard proof. You enter the amount given and it will hold your hand and tell you how much change to give. Some of the newer models will put up images of the bills and coins to return to the customer, because the designer knows a pavement ape is running the damn thing.
>>
does anyone even need to work if robots did everything for us?
>>
>>75007307
Have you ever spent more than a couple weeks unemployed and out of school? It's fucking mind-numbing.
>>
>>75011398
obviously the new jobs are gonna be created elsewhere.
>farming machines replace millions of farmers
> just some thousand work in building these farming machines
>but those millions of farmers find other jobs that didn't exist before

whats the difference?
>>
>>75011530
Then it's not a mcdonalds anymore. I already gag every time I step in a mcdonalds for a soft drink, but the idea of ordering that shitty food from a vending machine is just beyond disgusting.
>>
>>75011977
Did the same thing happen in the USA? See that was just manufacturing, now they want to take away service jobs too. The unskilled will be pushed into a corner until a revolt breaks out.
>>
>>75011340
Is sex an unskilled job? I mean the one just lying down taking it.
>>
>>75012021
i have and its fun if you have interests outside of working or studying. think outside that box and you're set.
>>
>>75012021
Only because you are restricted on what activities you can participate in due to money - that includes bills, etc.

You wouldn't need to worry about that and you could literally do whatever you wanted to do when you wanted to do it.
>>
Unqualified workers should be genocided
>>
>>75011073
>Only recently have we had cheap small powerful chips that can run complex algorithms that are required to automation
and yet they still dont compete with 50 cent an hour chinks.

its going to be centuries before we can compete with humans, they're basically advanced androids when you have them as slaves.
>>
File: relaxbro.webm (563 KB, 240x426) Image search: [Google]
relaxbro.webm
563 KB, 240x426
>>75011997
Art and other gay shit like that will still be a thing
People buy hand made overpriced shit right now and that will always be a thing
But for the vast majority not really Maybe some service type jobs but not many.
Entire healthcare field will be automated
Entire food chain
Entire goods manufacturing
Entire energy sector
Entire law system
>>
>>75012138
In the town I grew up in they got rid of all manufacturing jobs after NAFTA, although it was in decline since the 80's.

Population plummeted and now it's a mexican infested shithole.
>>
>>75005758
If I ever eat fast food again, I'd much rather have a robot make my meal than some dirty schlub from God knows where.
>>
Currently in a tractor that drives itself planting chick peas. Getting $25 an hour.
>>
File: 1419780291509.jpg (42 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1419780291509.jpg
42 KB, 500x375
>>75011530
>ordering pizza from a vending machine
>There are people out there who invested actual, real world currency to make this a reality
As a recovering fatass, this is repulsive
>>
File: 1453053748579.jpg (24 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1453053748579.jpg
24 KB, 400x400
>>75011910
>>
>>75006130
There is a substantial economic fear that there won't be jobs to take its place.

There will not be as many jobs created by this machine designed to eliminate jobs. The creative industry is already bloated.
>>
File: 1390415439773.gif (2 MB, 225x168) Image search: [Google]
1390415439773.gif
2 MB, 225x168
The overreaction to minimum wage jobs becoming automated is just another layer of vast ignorance on display by the uneducated and lazy dregs of society. If you're scared a robot will take your job your priorities are fucked up. The dumbest people I know are the ones who do this menial work and the even dumber are ones are those stuck in factories doing assembly line tasks. It takes a lot of effort, or a complete lack of it, to be stuck doing that shit. Yet somehow those same morons delude themselves in to a false sense of security since they work for "big car company x" not realizing the plant can be shut down at any time.
>>
>>75008497
Capitalism involves the capitalist uniting the factors of production (land, labor, and capital) to produce goods and services for customers. Capital is becoming much more important than labor. Low labor prices reflect that reality. I agree that "creating jobs" is not inherent to capitalism. The problem is that "customers" are not either, by population share at least. A pure capitalist system does not care if 99.9% of the population is marginalized out of the economy due to having little to nothing of value to sell -- the remaining owners-of-things will merely sell goods and services to each other and ignore everyone else. This is a societal problem because it causes people to stop having children and at some point start rioting. It also slows down economic growth because the lack of consumer spending reduces aggregate demand, causing overcapacity and potentially debt-deflationary spirals if it gets bad enough (e.g. the Great Depression). The cure is nationally-focused socialistic policies like FDR's New Deal and World War II. It may actually be the only cure, short of mass murder and eugenic replacement, or effectively economic slavery for the vast majority of the population. If you don't believe me, consider how limited the participation of e.g. Africa is in the global economy. I don't want large proportions of Americans to become analogous to that while my top-5 university friends and I ride off into the sunset automating until no one buys anything anymore.
>>
>>75008196
>but a lot can be solved by making abortion mandatory and reducing the population size

Jesus Fucking Christ.

Isn't like, the whole liberal dogma, "her body, her choice?"

Have we gone from now ring wing factions saying people can't get abortions, to leftists demanding them?
>>
>>75012087
What? It will produce food the exact same quality as a normal mcdonalds
>>
>>75006130
Business should be business. The free market should decide what is and isn't the future. I'm not full Austrian and don't even consider myself libertarian. But you can't be making these predictions from your position. If automation is progress, it won't be more expensive than the next best thing.
>>
>>75012428
Skilled labor will be next. You think a computer cannot be programmed to diagnose ill patients or research case law? Eventually no one will be safe. Not even fucking programmers.
>>
>>75011380
Implying Congress is not bought and paid for by elite financial interests.

Implying the administration will not unleash robot, cyborg soldiers on the unwashed masses rioting because the only want an extra helping of Soylent Green with dinner.
>>
>>75012138
see detroit, many parts of ohio and pennsylvania.

shit even southern california. a good portion of those factory jobs turned into warehouses but even those positions are being replaced by automation.
>>
>>75011831
i think everyone here would agree that exporting manufacturing to third world shitholes is a problem. but it's a problem that has much more to do with trade deals than automation.

Germany, for instance, as cucked as it has become, has done very well when it comes to manufacturing and selling their products on a global market. i hear more about "German engineering" these days whereas i used to hear "built American."

same thing is happening here tho. hard to fight against it when both parties are for trade deals.

it seems sort of related to the thread, since manufacturing is exported due to cheap slave labor in other countries without citizen rights. but the service industry can't be exported as easily as manufacturing.
>>
>>75012021
What is summer vacation?
>>
>>75012138
Correct. The US transitioned from a manufacturing based economy to a service based economy. Of all the things people blame the "wage gap" and "eroding middle class" on, that transition was the overall cause.
>>
>>75011484
That example is probably the worst example you could of came up with. The jobs haven't been replaced by robots, all they did is remove the cashier, and showed the middle finger to the customers by outsourcing the job, not to a robot, but the customer itself. You think the cashiers are gone? Nope, the cashier is the customer. They literally reduced the quality of their services by putting up self checkouts. If you were to apply your example to a mcdonalds, it would be the equivalent of removing the cooks and moving the grills in the store, and let them customers cook the burger themselves.
>>
>>75012138
>dindus riot natonwide
>day of the rope
>population levels controlled, society benefits
>>
>won't fuck up my order
>won't spread disease all over my food
>won't spit on my food for whatever reason

Works for me senpai
>>
>>75012675
Anybody who has dealt with 90s and 2000s VAG cars can tell you german engineering is a meme.
>>
File: 7d8.jpg (54 KB, 600x716) Image search: [Google]
7d8.jpg
54 KB, 600x716
>>75005758
>it’s going to cause a job loss across this country
bye bye spics and nigs
>>
>>75012191
We really need to start introducing incentives to cull low iq people breeding, all memes aside. People below a certain iq level will never be able to master a job that requires university tier education and will essentially exist to eat and shit in the future.
>>
>>75012745
It's still automation, since the machine automatically gives change and takes money, as opposed to the customers having to make their own change like a cashier normally would.
>>
File: 1439572703189.jpg (63 KB, 1157x772) Image search: [Google]
1439572703189.jpg
63 KB, 1157x772
>>75012822
>niggers
>having jobs
>>
>>75009336
Automated trucking would be one of the first things to get banned considering how shit google's self-driving cars are

>LOL JUST REPLACE THE NIGGERS WITH WORKERS

That isn't going to work for really really painfully obvious reasons. Do you really think Jamal is just going to take getting replaced by a robot lying down? He isn't afraid of going to prison, plenty of his homies are there to keep him safe if he does.
>>
>>75012497
not a leftist. i was really just pointing out that population control measure have been implemented en mass and have been successful. not to say that China didn't experience some bumps in the road from it (male population vs female, for instance.)

do you consider China to be leftists? if you view things so simply, you don't have much hope
>>
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/28/magazine/the-robots-are-coming-for-wall-street.html?_r=1

Fuck.
>>
File: 1462290439094.jpg (131 KB, 525x809) Image search: [Google]
1462290439094.jpg
131 KB, 525x809
>>75011530
>>75012087

i can see bums pissing into the opening and waiting to see who buys the next pizza. would not touch or eat anything coming out of this machine.
>>
>>75012936
The niggers that do have jobs work in fast food, retail, and bottom-tier healthcare shit like nursing assistants, whom do little more than wipe asses and dress cripples.
And they do all of those things terribly until they quit or get fired.
>>
>>75012821
lol, i was one of those people and it's absolutely true. i think that just shows that they're marketing tactics are very successful.

anyway, Germany manufactures way more in small electronics than they do in cars. cars is just the one everyone thinks of.

just look up who builds the parts to an iphone for a good idea of where the real manufacturing jobs are. spoiler: China has very little to do with advance manufacturing. all they bother themselves with is cheap steel and assembly jobs.
>>
>>75007405
Woulda been funnier if her tits were out.
>>
File: impossible.gif (104 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
impossible.gif
104 KB, 400x225
>>75005758
>>75011340
>>75011838
>>75012271
For the love of all that is precious. Are there any jobs that won't be affected? I'm not smart nor clever, I have accepted this. I do my absolute best in school and still am far from top grades, and I'm not a nigger so can't get a scholarship based on race.
>>
>>75006686

This is what I think, my goal is to have a few acres of land near a forest. Farm some of it to sustain some crops with my family. Leave the rest to nature. Maybe have a chicken coup and a greenhouse as well.
>>
>>75009336
>>75012961

Also you can tell just how retarded someone is if they think automated trucking is only 10 years away. People seem to think all it is is driving a bigger car on a straight road in perfect conditions.
>>
>>75010864
>See on-call technicians, as well as the fact that these things would probably use replaceable and modular parts.

So you have to close the restaurant everytime something breaks so you can wait for a tech because a bun got jammed in the hopper and fucked up your machine. Factories that deal with food usually have maintenance onsite for exactly that reason.

>Why would is spill shit in the first place? In any case, refer back to the two kids that are cleaning and stocking the machines.
Jamal and Shanikwa are in the back room fucking around because they can get away with it, as long as shits stocked and clean at the end of their shift they don't give 2 fucks..
>>
>>75008506
Try getting a job out of grad school. 5 years of "wtf is this super narrow irrelevant nonsense" unless you picked *exactly* the right sub-niche to focus on (and your thesis advisor, who has nearly absolute control of your work and working conditions, allowed you to do so...). Or 'we only hire from these 10 schools, in building our automated systems that the entire world uses all at once; they only need X people to maintain and improve'. And forget about going back into academia -- 700 applicants per tenure track position; you will end up as a near-minimum-wage adjunct lecturer because there is an oversupply of your kind and your entire field's knowledge is free on the Internet anyway. A PhD won't save you. Only connections and elite-university credentials and exactly the right subject area will give you a shot at that.
>>
File: be7.jpg (27 KB, 480x349) Image search: [Google]
be7.jpg
27 KB, 480x349
>>75012961
>Automated trucking
>Banned

what? googles cars have had zero issues and we already have self driving cars on the road
Mass trucker layoffs will happen within 10 years with widespread availability of trucks within 5 years
>>
>>75012643
I thought Detroit was caused by niggers?
>>
>>75005758
At least we can be sure the robots won't be spitting in our food or spreading hepititus. I say bring on the Mcbots.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.