[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Christianity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1454897426098.jpg (563 KB, 2244x2859) Image search: [Google]
1454897426098.jpg
563 KB, 2244x2859
Why do modern "christians" not understand that forgiveness and punishment aren't mutually exclusive? We should forgive our enemies and wrongdoers, but not before they are hanged.

I feel like protestants and catholics have deluded, distorted and perverted Christianity to the point where it no longer bears any resemblance to the word of God.
>>
>>74987090

Maybe you're right

Or maybe turning the other cheek is a philosophical dead end.
>>
>>74987090

The only thing Jesus our Lord says is don't take revenge (neither for yourself nor for God)

It has nothing to do with defending your life and safety and the lives and safety of others
>>
>>74987090
Because Jesus said that the world would descend into chaos before he came back, and he was going to JUST FUCK OUR SHIT UP when he did.

So stop whining and start setting an example so we can get this show on the road if you're so justified.
>>
>>74987090
>(1)
>>
>>74989543
Punishment isn't necessarily about revenge. It's predominantly about justice. Self-defense is not a form of punishment so I don't understand why you brought that up.

>>74989799
I guess you're right. It's prophetic that modern "christians" (and people in general) shouldn't know what the hell they are talking about.
>>
>>74987090
Traditional Catholics get this

This is why I believe in the death penalty

For what you did you deserve to die

BUT

Upon death you have the right to talk with a priest, confess and ask for true forgiveness

Justice is lost when people forget that there is a heaven and hell

There are worse things than simply death

Dying while in a state of grace is actually not that bad of a deal
>>
>>74990937
If you want to know why, it's because Humanism has come back due to un-Reformed "Christianity" and also Republicanism.
>>
>>74991105
Trentian heresy is not Catholic, B.T.W.
>>
File: 1422567451256.jpg (178 KB, 1024x587) Image search: [Google]
1422567451256.jpg
178 KB, 1024x587
>>74991241
>badmouthing the Council of Trent

I thought Ive seen everything before but this is new to me

Explain
>>
Cool man, it's another
>talk shit and whine about our problems but never solve them
thread.

And this is why Islam is dominating.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.