[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
well /pol/? got anything to say about this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 217
Thread images: 48
File: image.jpg (209 KB, 529x1123) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
209 KB, 529x1123
well /pol/? got anything to say about this?
>>
>>74969860
Not Christian, but wouldn't this also mean the Ten Commandments, "you shall not kill", "you shall not steal", etc etc are not valid either? With this interpretation it sounds like we would just have to guess as to what Jesus would do in every situation, which is retarded
>>
>>74970079
That's what I got out of it as well. Fucking retarded.
>>
>>74970079
Well, in the most modest of (asian) Christian churches, the children are instilled model behaviors with the phrase "what would jesus do?"
>>
>>74970079
That's accurate, they're not. They are not hard-and-fast rules for Christians.
>>
>>74969860
>christian gay apologist

the worst kind
>>
>>74969860
>I'd like to tell you what jesus said about punishing people on arbitrary terms in behalf of other people
>but I don't really want to
>>
>>74969860
Maybe the old laws were superior.
>>
Didn't Jesus say he wasn't there to replace the law? Also there most definitely is stuff in the New Testament against homosexuality. Somewhere in Romans. Have fun getting Christians to reject that book.
>>
>>74970482
The post seems to not only imply they are no longer rules, but don't need to be followed as guidelines either.
>>
>>74970079
Isn't that what it's always been though?

You kill someone, and as long as you confess your sin, you'll be allowed to enter heaven.
>>
>>74972081
>it's not a rule
>but it's still sinful if you do it
For one that makes no sense, and for two a big part of confession is actually being repentant of your sins. If I go to church on Sunday and confess all the butt fucking I did the night before, but then come next Saturday I'm out butt fucking again, does that show repentance?

Go read the act of contrition.
>>
>>74972034
Does raping, killing, stealing, etc. count as acting in Jesus' image?
>>
>>74972034
They don't need to be followed at all. As I understand the only condition for Christians is living without sin so that you do not cause suffering for others. The reason the Old Testament is a part of things is because they use its history, so in-canon man still has their flaws (sin) and this flawed nature causes them to grow old and die.

If you live without sin, the rules change and you will be resurrected and allowed to return to your "home," which is God's kingdom of Heaven. Christian morality is relative, you are allowed to make your own decisions as long as they benefit the people around you. That's the goal, to eliminate suffering from the world.

This is where that "Jesus was a Buddhist" conspiracy theory thingy comes into play because that's also the goal of Buddhism, albeit their method is killing off the human race to eliminate suffering rather than elevation/education of the human race.
>>
>>74969860
This is actually a point of contention in Christian theology, because the Bible never makes it clear one way or the other. Jesus never says explicitly that the laws of the Old Covenant are to be thrown out, though he does say he came to "fulfill" them but that's hardly a straight answer. Certainly doesn't help that a replacement Law/Covenant was never provided.

Personally I get the impression that Old Testament God was actually Satan, but that's just my retarded conspiracy theory.
>>
File: 1441783371950.jpg (66 KB, 635x564) Image search: [Google]
1441783371950.jpg
66 KB, 635x564
>>74973303
>Old Testament God was actually Satan
That's not just your personal retarded theory. I've heard this shit before from quite a few more credible sources.

Jews worship Satan basically. Shit is cash.
>>
>>74973882
Oh really? I've never heard or seen anyone else talking about that idea. Have any links to those sources?
>>
>>74974498
I'm afraid I don't, sorry. I'm not in the habit of saving that type of material.

Try searching for Harold Rosenthal admitting the Jewish god is actually lucifer. Avoid the conspiracy sites if you find them a poor source, but it's legit.
>>
>Romans 1
>Romans 1
>Romans 1
>Romans 1
>Romans 1

St. Paul aint got time for your garbage.
>>
>>74969860
Atheists and muslims shouldn't try and preach on what they do not understand. Colbert claims to be Catholic, but has never studied Romans?
>>
>>74972596

>IF YOU WANT TO ENTER LIFE, KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS

MATTHEW 19:17
>>
>>74974498
It's one of the more common gnostic beliefs, that Yahweh of the old testament is a different god to the real, supreme God.
>>
>>74975252
>Romans 1
Thank you.

I hate it when they act like Leviticus is the only book that discusses faggotry. No, Jesus never said that fags go to hell, but he also didn't say shit about rape or incest.
>>
>>74969860
>Listening to a Turkroach
>>
>>74969860
Jesus never said anything about bestiality does that make it ok?
Also, he indirectly does address it in that every time he describes marriage he describes it as between one man and one woman
>>
>>74969860
This kind of bad theology has only come about with evangelical protestants in America who have not studied the teachings of the early church fathers, nor have they actually studied the scriptures in depth and presented differing interpretations with one another. Ultimately it is borne out of their permissive "faith alone" doctrine. Their ignorance of scripture is evident, because if they had knowledge of the New Testament they would know that God's hatred of homosexuality is compounded in Paul's Epistle to the Romans, specifically Romans 1:27-29. Bad theology begets bad morals, and we're seeing this more and more in the protestant sphere with things like lesbian bishops, something that is absolutely forbidden by both the Old and New Testament. In this we can see hints of Satan's plan to destroy the Church and Christians; Corrupting the Catholic Church and using it to drive people away from Christianity leading to protestantism and the boiling down and making relative the laws set forth by God.
>>
>>74973303
That isn't your own conspiracy, it's gnosticism and was thrown out of the church rightfully so for being absolute heresy. Christ would not and never did claim the the God of the Old Testament was satan, he claimed to be the very son of that God. You cannot at the same time believe that Christ was the Messiah and that the Old Testament God was satan.
>>
>>74971892
They all to often do, its a sad spiral of denial and misplaced priorities, eventually you get to the point here you have to reject the Bible or its teachings and just say "yes, the Bible teaches against homosexuality, but we don't care because feelings"
>>
File: 1.png (642 KB, 635x1100) Image search: [Google]
1.png
642 KB, 635x1100
>>74973882
>>
>>74975808
I don't think Jesus ever said a thing about anything, actually.
>>
>>74974498
Wikipedia / Demiurge#Gnosticism

Common gnostic view that the 'creator' god just got jealous and possessive of what he was tasked to create. Thought he was the shit and imprisoned them. To them, Jesus was sent by Sophia, the ultimate god. Gets into a lot of dualistic matter = evil / spirit = good stuff.
>>
>>74974498
>>74975014
>>74975648
The best meme is that Muhammad was actually the Antichrist. He established a religion with the end goal of "absolute world peace" to be enacted through an eternal war.
>>
>>74972596
Thats completely insane, Morality comes from God, who we believe to be not changing, not relative, why should his word be any different?
>>
>>74976167

Nobody asked you.
>>
>>74969860
Jesus also said "I have not come to change the law, but to uphold it"
and then he proceeded to change the law.
>>
>>74976263
Kys.
>>
Matthew 5:17-18

17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

Faggot didn't even read their own book then preaches that other people should read it. Faggots will burn in hell according to the bible.
>>
>>74975915
No, this is a problem with mainline Protestants ie Lutherans, Episcopalians. Evangelical protestants are the most opposed to Gay marriage, and evangelical Churches remain the most steadfast to Biblical teachings.
>>
>>74970079

No, because Jesus did have things to say about a lot of things, he just never really spoke about homosexuality.

The tumblr poster is pretty much correct, levitical law doesn't apply anymore if you believe in Christ.
>>
>>74969860
>Jesus died so we can murder, lie, cheat, and steal without consequence
>>
File: 1444387982647.jpg (216 KB, 862x582) Image search: [Google]
1444387982647.jpg
216 KB, 862x582
>>74969860
>Not understanding that the First Council of Jerusalem affirmed the Noahide laws for Christians- of which included a prohibition towards sexual sin.

>Liberal """"""""""""theology""""""""""""
>>
>>74976541
So incest is fine?
>>
>>74975915
What evangelical protestant denomination do you see this issue in? Evangelicals are more opposed to homosexuality than papists are.
>>
File: JustinianMosaic.jpg (12 KB, 142x151) Image search: [Google]
JustinianMosaic.jpg
12 KB, 142x151
>>74976719
>62% Orthodox Christian

Where did it go wrong?
>>
>>74969860
>original sin
>heaven
>part of jewish tradition
I stopped reading right there, opinion discarded.
>>
>>74976671

Is the only thing keeping you from fucking your dad a passage in Leviticus?
>>
>>74969860
I mean /pol/ isn't a person and i've personally never had anything against fags. As long as they act like regular people and don't expect to be treated any differently then I have no problem.
>>
>>74976872
right here
>>
>>74977055
So morality is then relative to what we believe is right and wrong? If I believe incest is ok, then why shouldn't I do it?
>>
>>74969860
Ok so lets just play asshole for one moment.
>Jesus sacrificed himself so the original sin would be forgiven.
>So its ok to sin again since we got a mulligan?

Is that what he is trying to say?
>Its ok to be gay now, because Jesus died to allow us to act out being gay again.

>Hi I killed somebody and was let out of jail.
>So its ok for me to kill somebody else now because the first dosent count and you cant arrest me for the second cause the first was forgiven.
>>
>>74972081
>there's no law against stealing because as long as I do my time there's no punishment
geez oh man
>>
>>74977132
That's a depressing statistic. Which country is this for?
>>
>>74977469

Go for it dude, I'm not a christian and couldn't care less about what scripture says.

I'm just saying that levitical law is obsolete, and christians are supposed to follow Christ's teachings. If this is something that hurts your ass so much, let me ask if you wear blended fabrics?
>>
File: 1449248871365.png (316 KB, 683x623) Image search: [Google]
1449248871365.png
316 KB, 683x623
>they still think our opposition to homosexuality or other sexual deviance is religiously based
>>
File: crusaded.jpg (472 KB, 1136x1499) Image search: [Google]
crusaded.jpg
472 KB, 1136x1499
>>74976650
>>
>>74976541

St. Paul, servant of Christ, who's word is the infallible divinely inspired word of God, spent the first part of his letter to the Romans describing how vile and shameful homosexuality is and how evil homosexuals are.

>they who do such things, are worthy of death; and not only they that do them, but they also that consent to them that do them

Homosexuality is so bad, not only are homosexuals condemned to hell but so are people who are supportive of homosexuals.
>>
>>74977721
USA
taking into account the beliefs of eastern orthodox, it isn't a stretch to conclude this is a result of a misplacement of scripture as the ultimate authority
>>
>>74978024

Are you an idolater? Is Paul Jesus Christ?

What part of my post is incorrect?

What did Jesus Christ have to say about homosexuality?

Does levitical law still apply to christians?

Do you wear blended fabrics? Do you eat pork?
>>
File: 1462482503176.png (704 KB, 900x692) Image search: [Google]
1462482503176.png
704 KB, 900x692
>>74977130
This.
As for religious obligations.
I'm not practicing that in my life or in my household. So its of no concern to me.

On a personal level(my internal thoughts that I keep to myself)?
It think its absolutely fucking ridiculous.
I mean come on look at this bullshit. Can anyone give me one good fucking reason why this needs to exist.
>pic related
>>
>>74978380

Jesus is the Word made flesh, and St. Paul's words are part of that word, the word of God, so yes his words come from Christ directly. What St. Paul said about homosexuals and homosexuality is what Jesus Christ Himself said about the matter.
>>
File: image.png (231 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.png
231 KB, 400x400
>>74978380
>he doesn't know what the ceremonial law was
>>
>>74978639
>St. Paul
>his words come from Christ directly

Nobody thinks that anywhere. That is not correct on any level.
>>
>>74978757

>the infallible divinely inspired word of God is not God's word

k
>>
>>74978639
the metaphors don't carry over. Paul's words were prophetic, "of God", but God the father =/= God the son
>>
>>74977799
Ah, I thought you were Christian. Well, actually some of the laws in Leviticus were meant for the nation of Israel, such as shellfish, two fabrics and religious rites, but others, such as sins like Child Sacrifice and sexual sins are for everyone.

Again, my argument agaisnt Homosexuality as it pertains to the
bible is that, if you are going to say that because its in Leviticus, we shouldn't follow it, well, the new Testament never speaks of Incest so by that logic its fine too.
>>
>>74979063
>but God the father =/= God the son
In what way?
>>
>>74978913
>things written by a fallible man are the word of god
>>
yrd
>>
>>74978913
The infallible divinely inspired word of God is not the same as the scribbling of some olive-smoking Yid.
>>
File: 1463938965829.png (441 KB, 662x609) Image search: [Google]
1463938965829.png
441 KB, 662x609
>>74978171
Dat 62%
Fells good man
>>
Jesus died to pay for your sins, but unless you admit you have sins, and turn from the sinning path, you are not receiving His salvation.

It's not a case of 'hey, I'm forgiven, let's carry on!'. If your parent were to bail you out of jail for drink-driving, does that mean they are happy for you to do it again? Or would they prefer you change your ways and learn from your mistakes?

Jesus said we should avoid sexual immorality. That is defined as anything out of one man, one woman (some say in wedlock also), so homosexuality is sexual immorality. And those who practice it (among other things) do not inherit Gods gift of eternal life.

It is all there if you read the Bible. It does say that the covenant with Moses has been replaced by the covenant with Jesus, but that does not mean we disregard all the previous laws. You don't have to stone people to death any more, but you should attempt to turn them from their sinning ways, and shun them if they refuse.

People pick and choose what they want from the Bible, but you can't do that. Paul's letters are clear about what we should be doing, and sexual immorality (all kinds!) is not allowed. It is living in sin, and that is not the way to reach Heaven.
>>
>>74979186
in this way

>>74979249
agreed my brother, only a relative success since we would hope to have 100% daily
>>
>>74979219
>God can't inspire men
>>
>>74977975
>implying that Pope urban II didn't condemn these acts of massacre.
>>
File: PURGE.png (851 KB, 843x768) Image search: [Google]
PURGE.png
851 KB, 843x768
>"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil."
Imagine the old testament had a tick box beside every law. As a Christian, you'll try to fill in all that you can, but there are some you simply can't. If you show that you tried to fill them and apologise that you're unable to fill the rest, Christ will forgive you and fill them in for you. He FULFILS the criteria for salvation so that you can be saved, despite you doing only half the work.

That does not mean you do no work and disregard the law, for Christ did not destroy it. You may not be able to prevent wearing blended fabrics or shaving, but you can certainly keep your dick out of another man's ass you damn homo. Don't take Jesus for granted.
>>
There are new testament laws which condemn homosexuality. corinthians 6:9
>>
>>74979219

So you are an apostate that denies the divine inspiration of the bible? Why are you even in this thread?
>>
>>74979175

>the new Testament never speaks of Incest so by that logic its fine too.

Except where it refers to the man sleeping with his fathers wife in Ephesians! While it may not mean his actual mother (the Ephesians where all about polygamy) it is still considered incest.
>>
Jesus himself said He did not come to abolish the old law but fulfill it.
>>
>I'm not a christian and couldn't care less about what scripture says.
>I'm just saying that levitical law is obsolete, and christians are supposed to follow Christ's teachings.

This is the stance that most non Christians have. You have not taken any theology classes at university level and you say you are not Christian and do not care about Christianity, yet the next sentence you attempt to teach about the levitical law. It is true that the Old Testament rules for Christians were replaced with the rules that Jesus gave, but it doesn't mean that ALL of the old teachings should be discarded and disregarded. Jews, God's chosen people read the Torah, which is Christians old testament, and they are still bound by the old testament laws. Think about the logic behind commanding the Jews that homosexuality is an abomination and detestable, while commanding Christians the exact opposite? Or I guess some "biblical scholars" like Stephen Colbert would have you think there is nothing written about it when there is much written about the topic, yet atheists are just as guilty of cherry picking the bible as Christians, if not more so.

tl;dr- it's cool to be gay now no worries senpai
>>
>>74969860
>this is what protestants actually believe.
>>
>>74970079
Jesus said to treat your neighbors as you would like to be treated.

Would you want a gun put to your head and your life taken from you? No? Then don't do it to your neighbor.

Jesus also said render unto caesar what is caesar's. Religious law has no place in government.
>>
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 583x583) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 583x583
No one follows their holy book 100% so they have no right to cherry pick and discriminate against them
>>
>>74979706
>cat-licks who have a pope that washes muslim feet and say the disciples spreading Jesus word is exactly the same as ISIS.
>>
>>74979268
Amen Brother!
>>74979327
Yes, I think the two biggest reasons why homosexuality gets acceptance in the church and by believers is
1. people don't read their bibles, we all should, because I think a lot of people would be surprised to learn that the Bible both condemns homosexual practice and hating/condemning sinners
2. People care more about acceptance then truth. If you listen to the people who don't believe being homosexuality is a sin, they always talk about how it makes them FEEL, how they built relationships with gay people and how that influenced them, They interpret the bible through Feelings rather then objectivity look at it.
When they say "I don't think God would condemn people for being gay" you're actually saying that YOU don't feel like that.
>>
>>74979791
>nobody gets every question right on their SAT, so nobody has the right to believe in absolutes in mathematics
>>
File: deus_vult.jpg (202 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
deus_vult.jpg
202 KB, 1600x1200
>>74977975
>UK
don't you have some benefits to claim, Achmed?
>>
>>74979570
Jesus didn't replace any laws, being a faggot is still a fat fucking no-no:>>74979382
Christians are God's chosen people. Jews are disgusting, vile creatures who openly accept the blood of their God onto their hands.
>>
>>74979478
Sorry, but my point is that there are laws we follow without question in the old testament that aren't explicitly stated in the new
>>
>>74979570

Huh? I was raised in the Nazarene church.

By your logic, the people screaming about homosexual deviancy should shut up, since most of them haven't taken any theology classes at a university level either.
>>
>>74969860

Paul who came after Jesus also said it was wrong to be a fag.

Not a christfag myself but the whole "Jesus never said anything about homosexuality" argument is retard tier.
>>
>>74979382
you don't have to shave. Shaving is a choice.
>>
File: image.jpg (120 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120 KB, 900x900
>>74979570
Provide some proof of the claim that atheists cherry pick from the bible . We don't follow the fucking book and its ancient Bronze Age laws written by backwater desert idiot goat herder kikes
>>
>>74972081

It's about attitude, if you truly and honestly believe that you fucked up and you are remorseful because of it, God will forgive you.
>>
>>74975252
Word Rom 1:27
>>
>>74980163
>provide some proof of the claim that we cherry pick from the bible

Have you read it? No, then you don't understand the context and thus cherry pick.
>>
>>74980163
>Bible can't be trusted
>writings of Herodotus are fine
BTW I love hte Atheist straw men of "bronze age desert folklore" and "sky wizard" yes that's exactly how Christians view God, precisely
>>
>>74972081
You need to both confess AND truly repent AND perform your penance alloted by your confessor.

It's not a get out of jail free.card, as it's a chance to truly change and make amends.

That's where the Catholic guilt comes from, guilt is part of their repenting their sins.

They also need to legitimately try to do well.

That's just catholics, though.
Each sect then differs and most don't take confession or absolve guilt as readily.
>>
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 550x550
>>74979868
The fact of the matter is that they're the ones talking about pure absolutes not atheists were simply pointing out the hypocrisy
>>
>>74980142
>Ye shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard.
Read the book nigger.
>>
>>74969860
The bible states clearly that luxury, aka sex just for pleasure, is a sin and that the act should only be done for procreation.
Same thing for marriage, it's a holy union with the specific objective to produce and raise children to be educated under christian values.
Homesexuals have sex for pleasure and can never have children, so they are incompatible with catholic values.
>>
>>74969860
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
>>
File: Smug Andy.jpg (240 KB, 784x757) Image search: [Google]
Smug Andy.jpg
240 KB, 784x757
>>74969860
Christ said that He came not to usurp the Old Testament, but to fulfill it.
The only factors of God's Law which change from Christ's sacrifice are those He expressly and specifically nullifies Himself (He declares we shall not be judged for what we eat which is why Christians don't have to eat Kosher food; He also declares that a man will not be judged for doing essential work on the Sabbath Day)
The argument that Biblical Laws no longer apply is nonsense.
Also,
>username "nextyearsgirl"
>talking about how Old Testament laws are meaningless
>women talking about religion
>>
>>74969860
How is Jesus sacrificing anything if he knows he is God and becomes even more powerful after death? It has to be a NET LOSS for it to be a sacrifice.
>>
>>74969860

Jesus didn't say anything about old fashioned murder, either. Does that mean he was cool with it?

Maybe you shouldn't base your ideas on a stupid comedy show, idiots.
>>
>>74980444
you THINK you are pointing out hypocrisy when in reality you are empowering islam at the behest of others
>>
You're absolutely right. We shouldn't quote Leviticus. We should be quoting Paul who said the same thing but in the New Testament! Thank God for St. Paul.
>>
>>74980590
Learn some basic theology.
>>
>>74980444
Wow that image is almost worst bait than the stephen colbert picture.
>>
>>74972583
No, but it is in ((((pbuh))))'s image
>>
>>74980590
>and becomes even more powerful after death

Talking about Jesus, not Obi Wan Kenobi.

Jesus never lost or gained any power. He's always been God, and has always existed.
>>
>>74979869
you're right, and its starting in the liberal seminaries that doubt scriptural inerrancy
>>
>>74980444
When you search up most of those verses they have a completely different context. For example 2 Peter 2:7-8 says absolutely nothing about gangrape.
>>
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 649x721) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 649x721
>>74979869
The bible also says women are inferior to men, oral and anal is a sin, sex slave war prisoners as wives is okay , slavery in general is okay and that eating pork and shellfish is bad . What's your point again ?
>>
>>74980797
Name those verses.
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 400x253) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 400x253
>>74970667
Muslim applogist is shittier than a christian apologist
>>
File: image.png (79 KB, 227x239) Image search: [Google]
image.png
79 KB, 227x239
>>74980650
Actually I also find Islam a barbaric and disgusting religion and a cultural poison that should be wiped out
>>
File: jihadjoseph.jpg (37 KB, 880x558) Image search: [Google]
jihadjoseph.jpg
37 KB, 880x558
>>74969860
The law was laid down.
1000 years later some angry socialist guy who is homeless comes along and says its all invalid.
2016 years later we still have to worship that kike or some terrorist sand nigger from 1500 years ago
>>
File: freedom.gif (557 KB, 450x337) Image search: [Google]
freedom.gif
557 KB, 450x337
Daily Reminder that Jesus died to remind all of you that you have FREE WILL!
>>
>>74980444
all of this is old testament that christians are not mean to follow.
>>
File: 1463840185844.png (228 KB, 313x833) Image search: [Google]
1463840185844.png
228 KB, 313x833
>>74977975

sure mate
>>
File: don't_let_your_memes_be_dreams.png (55 KB, 731x412) Image search: [Google]
don't_let_your_memes_be_dreams.png
55 KB, 731x412
>>74980937

http://gunfreezone.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/improvised-munitions-handbook.pdf
>>
File: image.png (197 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
197 KB, 750x1334
>>74980880
You realize Christianity blames women for the entire moral downfall of mankind
>>
>>74969860
Fuck your book.
Fuck Stephen's interpretation of that book.
Fuck Stephen.
>>
Pretty sure Jesus condemned sexual deviancy, guess what homosexuality is?
>>
>>74980092
Precisely, Jesus didn't ask us to scream about homosexual deviancy, he asked us to love our neighbor as we love ourselves.

>>74980163
see
>>74980444

Perfect example of cherry picking to make Christians seem like monsters. except it's on purpose misinfo/disinformation, just like most of the "quotes" atheists take from scripture. The context is always removed for confusions sake.
>>
>>74980797
Where does it say women are inherently inferior? It commands them to be modest and obey their husbands.
It doesn't condemn or support slavery, but tells masters to treat slaves well
>>
>>74977616
This is how a degenerate demon with no human soul thinks

read >>74972479
>>
File: image.png (235 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
235 KB, 750x1334
>>74980880
Just a few
>>
>>74981058
Why do you keep quoting someone elses explanation with bible verses you haven't read yourself?!?!? This is preposterous, I have to believe you've been trolling the whole time, you're parroting someone elses broken logic. Why don't you go onto bible gateway or bible hub and type those verses in to see the other verses around those to gain the context of the message?
>>
File: image.png (242 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
242 KB, 750x1334
>>74980880
There you a couple of quick examples of biblical stupidity
>>
>>74980797
Christianity condemns the practice of "man stealing"
Also, slavery in the ancient time was not the slavery of the recent past. It was often not chattel slavery, slaves were often given good lives, treated like members of the family, and often after a period freed.
>>
Reminding pol of 1 Cor 6:

>Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

This says that homosexual practice is a salvation issue i.e. if you do not stop, you will be excluded from God's kingdom. Or as Paul might have put it, anyone who has been born again will necessarily change this pattern; it is inevitable.

The passage shows that we cannot treat this issue like secondary issues, which we are free to disagree about (e.g. baptism, church government, I would argue also women priests). This is a fundamental.
>>
File: image.jpg (92 KB, 720x745) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92 KB, 720x745
>>74981212
But it tells them to submit to both harsh and cruel masters as well as nice and kind ones
>>
File: image.png (129 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
129 KB, 750x1334
>>74981342
This is from bible gateway
>>
It doesn't matter that the Bible says in both old and new testaments homosexuals will never get to heaven. Liberals and homosexuals know that many people will not read through the entire book, so they continually try to ensnare "Christians" into defiling themselves. To them, loving one another means not judging or punishing them because their parents never set boundaries and let them roam feral which is how they became the degenerates they are today.
>>
What did Jesus say about recycling? I need to know. Pls.
>>
File: america-founded-on-christ.jpg (23 KB, 448x257) Image search: [Google]
america-founded-on-christ.jpg
23 KB, 448x257
>>74981487
George Washington
"It is impossible to govern without God and the bible
>>
>>74981487
This image confirmed it for me. Im out, good luck with everything
>>
>>74981248
>>74981343

>All from Leviticus

All those rules became void because of the New Testament.
>>
File: unexpected.gif (2 KB, 269x119) Image search: [Google]
unexpected.gif
2 KB, 269x119
>>74981639
Jesus also said that the world would descend into chaos and he'd show up when it did.

2000 years later and here you are trying to prevent that from happening.
>>
>>74981343
We go by what Jesus taught. We no longer have to hold to the old Jewish ceremonial law because he said we didn't have to any more. It was fulfilled perfectly by Jesus' life. Whereas with the moral law, Jesus reinforced it, if anything making it stricter.

The apostles only really made sense of all of this after his ascension, but it's extremely clear in the New Testament. Anyone making hasn't studied the issue in even the slightest depth because there's a perfectly good answer.
>>
>>74969860
Christ never explicitly said anything about homosexuality, but he did speak of marriage exclusively in the context of one man and one women. Paul followed up in the Epistles explicitly condemning homosexuality on multiple occasions.
Funny how a supposed Catholic twists the word and decries God's Word to suit his needs.
>>
File: image.png (170 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
170 KB, 750x1334
>>74981198
So when it doesn't align with your beliefs its out of context . Give me a fucking break
>>
File: image.jpg (110 KB, 626x460) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110 KB, 626x460
>>74969860
I hate when atheists think they know so much about Christianity. It makes me so angry I almost take the bait.
>>
>>74979774
>Religious law has no place in government.

Most Christians agree, but it seems like faggots are enjoying forcing people to make them cakes at gunpoint.
>>
>>74969860
I'm not a christian, I just fucking hate faggots. Deal with it, leftists.
>>
>>74969860
Catholic here, OP's source is correct.

>>74970079
Yes and no. The ten commandments are indeed from the historical old testament which as OP's source confirms we were released from by the sacrifice of the messiah.

However Jesus's teaching reaffirm those same ten commandments in various places throughout the new testament e.g. Luke 10:27 reaffirms the first commandment.
>>
File: image.png (155 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
155 KB, 750x1334
>>74981771
Really
>>
File: image.png (25 KB, 499x468) Image search: [Google]
image.png
25 KB, 499x468
>>74981771
Holy fuck you idiot, is that what they taught you in your heretical protty church? It's not void, it's just that Christ's law has supremacy over the old law. The old law is still relevant unless we're explicitly told otherwise.
>>
>>74980797
Exodus 21:16Whoever steals a man and sells him, and anyone found sin possession of him, shall be put to death.
>>
File: Screenshot_131.jpg (131 KB, 948x634) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_131.jpg
131 KB, 948x634
>>74981058

What are you saying the bible was wrong?
>>
>>74969860
I literally don't give a shit about the Bible

might as well cite from The cat in a hat
>>
>>74980797
Are you implying that women aren't inferior to men?
>>
>>74981919
I did take the bait, many times.
>>
File: image.png (21 KB, 196x217) Image search: [Google]
image.png
21 KB, 196x217
>>74981978
Why might I ask ? For enforcing their lifestyle on yo- oh wait can't have kids . Adoption , STDs that's what a condom is for
>>
>>74969860
The Church has continued to deem homosexuality as a sin for 2000 years, even if we consider Leviticus invalid we note that you can't just fucking make gay shit okay because you want it to be

Fags are going to hell
>>
File: image.jpg (131 KB, 600x947) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
131 KB, 600x947
>>74982211
Thank you
>>
>>74981903
Jesus condemned "sexual immorality" (I think the greek word is "porneia" from which we get porn). This is a catch-all term to cover any sexual behaviour outside the context of marriage between one man and one woman. To his listeners it would have obviously included all homosexual behaviour. He didn't an explicit point because he didn't have to - it was completely obvious to everyone listening what he meant.

You could say, Jesus never explicitly condemned bestiality / incest / whatever, therefore he approved of it. But that would be an absolutely terrible argument that no sane person would agree with unless they had a prior agenda that stopped them thinking straight.

To put it another way - don't you think that if Jesus had wanted to completely overturn the 1st Century understanding of sexual ethics around homosexual practice, he might have said something? He was very happy to do this with other areas of morality; so much so that they killed him for it.
>>
>>74982350
>even if we consider Leviticus invalid we note that you can't just fucking make gay shit okay because you want it to be

Irrelevant.

Man has Free Will, and they are all saved in their acknowledgement of sin.
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 1024x768
>>74982237
Well yeah ? Is that a problem You bigot?
>>
>>74982314
I am willing to bet good money you are homosexual and that's the dog you have in this fight.
>>
File: image.jpg (354 KB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
354 KB, 540x405
>>74982523
So that's the best you have an ad hominem attack ? Lovely now if you'll excuse me I'm gonna jerk off to sssniperwolf nudes
>>
>>74979994
>leaf trying to cuck UK
oh wow lol
>>
>>74978024
>St. Paul, servant of Christ, who's word is the infallible divinely inspired word of God

>trusting Saul, Jew of all Jews
How fucking blue pilled can you get?
>>
>>74982468
>don't you think that if Jesus had wanted to completely overturn the 1st Century understanding of sexual ethics around homosexual practice, he might have said something?

He did though.

He died on the cross so that all of us can be redeemed.

No ifs, ands, or buts.
>>
>>74979774
Who is my neighbor?
>>
>>74980444
>kill non-Christian children.
Not>kill non-Hebrews, aka Jews.

Noice bait btw.
>>
>>74980484
>gays getting aids
The bible knows
>>
>>74983459
All this time and I didn't realize that my interpretation of scripture was right all along, because I was deceived into believing that I had any authority over man.

God is the only authority that matters though, so if the world is going to descend into chaos, then so be it, and may God have mercy on our souls.
>>
>>74983514
Your fellow man, woman, and child.

Love God, and love your neighbors. Follow the golden rule, and 9 times out of 10 you'll live a good life.
>>
>>74979942
that's not even remotely the same thing
>>
>>74982071

You're misunderstanding the meaning of the verse

By "fulfilling" the laws of Moses, he released the binding of men to the laws of old.
If you're view were correct, it would contradict everything we learn in the new testament. Jesus instead emphasizes faith.
>"For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes." Romans 10:4

the bible even straight tells us that they are no longer in effect after christ
>"by abolishing the law of commandments expressed in ordinances, that he might create in himself one new man in place of the two, so making peace" Ephesians 2:15
>>
>>74969860
>his sacrifice was supposed to be the ultimate act that would free us from the former laws and regulations

Calling bullshit on this, have never heard anyone say this before
>>
>>74981487
Notice that Thomas Paine talks of the church, not of God. The rest talk about law and government and not the nation, except for Thomas Jefferson's "most perverted system" quote. That is quite an amazing quote and I'd be very interested to see the source and context of it.
>>
>>74981058
>reddit
>in charge of using reason and logic.
>women

Yo reddit
>>>reddit
>>
File: 1412627487712.jpg (21 KB, 236x301) Image search: [Google]
1412627487712.jpg
21 KB, 236x301
>>74981984

Heresy.

"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil." - Matthew 5:17

The old testament is still valid heretics. And Leviticus certainly has things to say about homosexuality.
>>
>>74984339
>God is the only authority that matters though
office of the keys, anon
>>
>>74984601

Absolutely not, fulfilling means in no way to abolish the old laws. He specifically says he did not come to abolish it. Who taught you how to read? Sue that person, I heard you can make millions like that in the states.
>>
File: image.png (443 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
443 KB, 750x1334
>>74984263
That's because they don't wear condoms not because they have gay sex
>>
File: image.png (289 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
289 KB, 750x1334
>>74984666
And things to say about mixed fabrics
>>
>>74984753
>The Office of the Keys is that special authority which Christ has given to His church on earth to forgive the sins of repentant sinners, but to withhold forgiveness from the unrepentant as long as they do not repent.

I don't see your point, anon.
I'm really not seeing anything there about legislature.
>>
>>74984782
"For He Himself is our peace, who made both groups into one, and broke down the barrier of the dividing wall, by abolishing in His flesh the enmity, which is the Law of commandments contained in ordinances, that in Himself He might make the two into one new man, thus establishing peace." Eph 2:14-15

Explain why this passage says he abolished Mosaic Law then.
>>
>>74984450
>fellow man, woman, child

Sauce? I seem to recall the good Samaritan parable imply that the Samaritan was the man's neighbor, and not the actual fellow Israelites that left him for dead.
>>
>>74975252
>>74975808
>>74980305

Romans 1:27:
>In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

It's not even ambiguous either. It's hard to believe how disingenuous liberals are sometimes.
>>
>>74969860
I am not religious, but didn't jesus say that the old testament still counted and that not one iota of it was invalid?
>>
>>74969860
>Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets; I have come not to abolish but to fulfill.
>Matthew 5:17

The man himself told everyone not to fall for this bullshit.
>>
>>74984782
>>74985288
"Now before faith came, we were held captive under the law, imprisoned until the coming faith would be revealed. So then, the law was our guardian until Christ came, tin order that we might be justified by faith. But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian of law." Galatians 3:23-25

And this one too
>>
So how about when Paul dumps on gays
>>
>>74969860
>not wanting to live as sin-free life as possible and use christs sacrafice as insurance for your understandable and human fuck-ups

Do u evn christn brah
>>
>>74969860
I have to admit, OP, it really makes me think.
>>
>>74985640
He was saying that in response to the Jews wrongly practicing traditions the way God intended them and in effect being accused of heresy by them
>>
Matthew 5:17
Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them, but to fulfill them.

Matthew 5:18
For I tell you truly, until heaven and earth pass away, not a single jot, not a stroke of a pen, will disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

Matthew 5:19
So then, whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do likewise will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

You're all heretics.
>>
>>74981000
What the fuck does Pelagius have to do with crusaders you tullip nigger.
>>
>>74973882
>any little "sin" (half of them things you wouldn't even get a ticket for) can doom you to an eternity of total suffering
>also if you don't worship him constantly or doubt he exists even though he makes himself totally invisible
Yep, sounds fucked up enough to be some devil shit. Imagine if any country punished people like that, even Saudi Arabia would be shocked.
>>
>>74969860
I don't give a shit about these stupid books written by sand niggers.

Homosexuality is a mental illness. So is not wanting to have children at all. So is almost anything SJWs defend.

Niggers are inferior and shouldn't be given handouts. Islam needs to be destroyed. Jews are parasitic scum who deserve genocide. Asians are soulless people who live like insects when not integrated with whites. Women shouldn't be in the work place. When white men are in charge everyone else's lives get better.
>>
>>74977975
>having footnote numbers
>no footnotes for sources
BRAVO
>>
>>74981487
>>74984610
All those quotes are about the Church of England and how they don't want something similar in the US
>>
>>74969860
Christianity is transparent bullshit from start to finish.
>>
>>74978171
kek, that graph is a load of bullshit. It's about as legit as that whale saying she swims for two kilometers every day
>>
>>74985983
That's actually part of the Sermon on the Mount not in response to any specific accusation. He was warning people that they should be holier than the scribes and Pharisees and instructing them how that could be so without breaking the law but in fact fulfilling it by taking into consideration not only the letter of the law, as jews often did and still do, but the spirit of the law. That's the context.
>>
>>74986068
>east in the kingdom of heaven
I think I can live with being the least in the kingdom of heaven.
>>
>>74969860
Yeah it's still a sin to have gay sex. It doesn't mean you're going to hell if you do it, but try not to do it. If you never repent it's very bad.
>>
>>74976176

>Jewish god is literally Satan.
>Jewish god got jealous and possessive

>>74976200

>Muhammad was literally a terrorist orginization from the start

You can't even make this shit up
>>
>>74980444
Most of these are not part of the New Testament, therefore, they were written by Jews.
The ones referring to the New Testament are strawmans.
>>
>>74981000
KAWABUNGA
>>
>>74986573
That's not even remotely true. Only white men's lives get better.

In effect, your post could be written

>fuck everyone else, only white men matter

I ain't judging, you should just be more intellectually honest about it.
>>
>>74969860
SHEIIIIT so because da 10 commandments where in exodus they're invalid and I can kill! SHEEEEEEEIT
>>
File: 1432433901803.gif (1 MB, 300x188) Image search: [Google]
1432433901803.gif
1 MB, 300x188
>>74969860
Jesus also said nothing about transgendered bathrooms.
>>
Then I want to know why no one ever attacks the jews for being backwards.

Why
>>
>>74970079
No he's just saying it appeases the rules Hebrews had to follow as a result of original sin, like sacrifices and apparently circumcision. That doesn't devalidate the ten commandments.
>>
>>74975915
this guy sounds like he knows his shite
>>
>>74976069

that's not gnosticism. The Gnostics believed that the Jew god was the demiurge--a false god, but not exactly the same thing as Satan.
>>
>>74969860
Catholic Democrats are traitors
>>
>>74991296
6 gorillion
>>
>>74969860
The bible is obviously anti-homosexuality. You have to try very hard to prove otherwise, and you're still ultimately wrong.

My family are very religious, and I'm cursed with being a faggot (currently "non-practicing" aka celibate lol, also inb4 "gtfo Reddit fag"). I am also relatively based and would never expect them to accept my feelings as they go directly against their belief system.

Libtards and nu-Catholics just want what they would like to be true to be believed, even when it is obviously not true. It is unfortunate for people like me, but that doesn't change the facts of the matter.
>>
>>74979942
People do get perfects on the SAT though
Thread replies: 217
Thread images: 48

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.