[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Discussions with liberals
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 1459797146293.jpg (60 KB, 600x615) Image search: [Google]
1459797146293.jpg
60 KB, 600x615
Have you ever experienced a sober discussion with a liberal over controversial topics like links between race and crime based on mutual respect ( at least for the sake of the discussion) and without name-calling ?
>>
File: image.png (320 KB, 714x544) Image search: [Google]
image.png
320 KB, 714x544
>>74937600
I tried but it always ends with me being literally Hitler.
>>
Yes, but the discussion ends almost immediately thereafter.
>>
I got more or less banished from my family for it. They hate racism and are absolutely irrational nuts when it comes to it.
>>
I've never actually met one in real life so never had a discussion with a Liberal.
>>
>>74937600
It's not possible because there is no mutually agreeable axiom to begin with.

Perhaps a bad analogy: You are standing on ground, they are swimming in water.
>>
File: ayyyyayyyyholup.jpg (2 KB, 86x125) Image search: [Google]
ayyyyayyyyholup.jpg
2 KB, 86x125
>>74937600
I recognize them teef, ayo hol up.
>>
My mum's a right old hippy and we argue a lot whenever I visit, it's 99% amicable though. There's no point getting into it with people who just want a fix of self-righteousness.
>>
>>74937600
Yes. The only way you can force a Liberal to have an honest conversation with you is to catch one who has no way of levering social status or other people against you.

I started a business with a friend of mine who is fairly liberal, and we occasionally talk about political stuff when we're drinking. There is that moment in any conversation with a liberal when they realize that they're losing and they start looking for meta-ways to defeat you. Because I am essential to this idiot's plan to survive the next ten years, he cannot do this to me. He cannot threaten our friendship, because he needs me. He cannot call me a Nazi on facebook, because we are inextricably associated with each other. He cannot insult me because I am far, far larger than he is. He cannot peer-pressure me because I don't have any peers.

It's been enlightening. When it comes down to it, they cannot really defend anything they believe, when stripped down to the bare bone, there's nothing there except greed and jealousy. When you press them on this, they basically can't do anything except squirm and change the subject.

And the next day, it is as though nothing had happened, because facts do not mean anything to Leftists, they are acting exclusively off of emotion.
>>
>>74937830
Swedes in general are irrational nuts m8

I have a couple swedish friends and it's like clockwork. Usually pretty reasonable, but extremely prone to groupthink and relatively spineless until some random little thing triggers them, and then they just lash out in an insane way.
>>
>>74937830
Same here, they get butmad at first, but after showing that you are the only one with general interest in politics, they mostly go, "well i'm not that much in to politics anyway"
I showed support for trump, which ended in absolute damnation by the familia, they literally looked at me as Hitler, i think i managed to convince them otherwise though as i told them about Trumps left-liberal leaning compared to the other candidates, but you really have to put a spin on things to make them open the narrow view the jewish media has given them.
I'ts horrible to see them so obsessed about hating what the media tells them to hate, without looking further in to it.
>>
>>74938260
The key to breaking this spell is to allow them to discover that they have been lied to.

But it's important that you don't SHOW them.

They HAVE to discover it themselves, and that's the hardest part of it. Once they begin to question, the indoctrination breaks down and they start making reasonable decisions on facts and evidence.

Treat them like they're part of a cult; feel free to disagree with them, feel free to make your own views known - to point out inconsistencies in the cult view, but don't get angry, don't fight over it. Make it clear to them that regardless of their views, you're still a friend/family/whatever.

If you need more advice on this, look up ways of getting people out of a cult. There's a lot of similar advice on this, and people in a cult often remain so - even after realizing the cult is crazy and wrong - simply because they have nowhere else to turn to, and nobody else to support them.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.