[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do libertarians deal with pollution?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: l1sb8Yi.gif (2 MB, 599x780) Image search: [Google]
l1sb8Yi.gif
2 MB, 599x780
How do libertarians deal with pollution?
>>
>>74937104

They don't
>>
>>74937166
fpbp
>>
Well, the magic of the marketplace takes over. Consumers see which companies pollute and then choose not to patron those companies, and then the companies lose to their more environmentally-friendly competitors.

Don't believe me? Well, that's why they call it magic my friend!
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/10297515

>>
Burn coal.

Carbon is a gift to life.
>>
>>74937250
Are you saying we could incentivize the pollution of India?

>>74937323
Is Canada still on fire?
>>
>>74937104
they don't, they hope that gas masks would be sold at ridicuously low prices in the future
>>
>>74937104
tort law

and it isn't anarchy anyway you dumb cunts, if there's a need for it, there can be an argument made for preventing pollution of other's equal right to clean air
>>
>>74937291
>libertarian and nationalist are mutually exclusive
>again
what is with you faggots and this stupid meme
>>
>>74937104

with my dick
>>
File: 1462085490323.jpg (91 KB, 1274x849) Image search: [Google]
1462085490323.jpg
91 KB, 1274x849
>>74937104
tax on emissions
>the current regulatory system just sets a cap to stay under.
replacing this with a tax per ton causes companies to continuously improve

Yes, tax is allowed in this specific Libertarian scenario since any pollution emitted automatically imposes a cost on everyone in the area.
>>
>>74937104
Coase theorem.
>http://www.investopedia.com/terms/c/coase-theorem.asp
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coase_theorem
>>
>>74937291
I'm a nationalist libertarian.
Go fuck yourself.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.