[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you believen a god, you're part of the problem.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52
In this current day and age, why do people still believen god?
>>
Because reading one book is easier than reading a bunch of complicated ones.
>>
>>74926547
Pretty much the exact opposite senpai.

I feel invincible with God on my side.
>>
>>74926547
Atheists and their "Enlightenment" meme are the ones who ppl should blame.
>>
>>74926547
I actually agree, mostly because the idea of god is a crock of shit but I'd like to add that but /pol/ is completely brainwashed about their semitic desert religion despite it having no place in ancient Europe, and despite its spread from the middle east (where it was (((purely coincidentally))) created) mysteriously coinciding with the stagnation and eventual downfall of ancient Rome, as well as dark ages in Europe later on and in general a dark period in history. Makes you wonder if some group of people rose to power during that time period and are now at the top of political and financial elite circles, basically controlling the world's politics, media, and economy. Makes you wonder what sort of group could get up to such tricks.
>>
>>74926896
>it was the monks who wrote books and conducted scientific experiments during the dark ages

>Europe would have already been destroyed several times over if it wasn't for the crusades

>Rome collapsed from Christianity and not from several brutal wars
>>
>>74926547
i actually prefer the religious outlook desu senpai. im a fucked up person, and knowing that makes me want to work to change

science on the right there sounds like feel good entitlement "everybody gets an award" shit
>>
According to Christianity suffering is a fact of life. The list is according to an idealistic Rousseauian worldview, not 'science'; science is utterly neutral on that end.
>>
>>74926547
Being sure that there is no god without there being proof of God's existance or non existance is not the science way of thinking this through
>>
>>74926547
Being told you're amazing and wonderful when really you're a worthless, obnoxious pissant is a recipe for a fucked up personality
Same reason pop music creates shitty people, being told that you're amazing just the way you are stiffles growth
>>
>>74926547

Faggot liberals and leftists just replaced religion with their secular humanist social justice causes, so they're still religious, just that they believe themselves to be their own gods over all else. Precisely why veganism is a religion to vegans, gay rights bullshit is the religion of fags, etc. - it's all religion even if you don't want to call it that, because it's all bullshit assumption and ego that drives people to claim their personal endeavors are the most important things in life to worry about. Sad thing is, as smart as leftists claim to be, they can't see this even when it's clear as day.

Going to be fun watching them all burn for eternity, OP, better start getting a base tan going now to ease the pain later on in those fiery pits.
>>
WHAT THE FUCK AM I READING

SCIENCE IS NOT ABOUT ANY OF THOSE THINGS
>>
File: giphy.gif (69 KB, 480x455) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
69 KB, 480x455
>>74926547
Mark my words, it'll be an atheist that invents the suicide booth. They hate themselves more than anything.
>>
File: unnamed.png (72 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
72 KB, 300x300
>>74926796

Just because you feel something does not make it real.

Plenty of people feel that same way about their religion. How could they all be true?
>>
>>74927098
You shouldn't talk like that.
>>
>>74926868

Don't believe. Don't doubt. Only verify. Make it easier for others to replicate your results. Compare. Improve together.
>>
>>74926547
Because I have a genuine relationship with God and feel his presence. Albeit much less than when I was a young sinless kid.
>>
>>74927191
The feeling is very real.

If it's not real, what am I feeling? Think before you post.

They aren't, but one must be.
>>
>>74926896
I love how everybody blames Christianity for the fall of Rome as if Rome was some great place to live with it's lead pipes and ritualistic human sacrifices and Emperors who burned down a whole side of town to make room for their pleasure palace.

If any of you people were magically transported to Rome around the time of Christ and after, you would have escaped in order to go live in the woods, that's how bad it was.

And don't get me started on the Dark Ages, you obviously know literally less than nothing about the Dark Ages if you blame Christianity for it when Catholic monks are literally the ones who preserved all the Art and History and Philosophy and Science and Medicine and everything else from the ancient world that pagans like the Visigoths were going around burning for fun.

Seriously, you guys read your science and your History about as much as you read the Bible, which means, "Never."

You don't know what Christianity is, you don't know what Christians believe, you don't know what they teach, and you know even less about the Science and History you claim to love so much.
>>
>>74926998
This plus
Science itself came out of the sense of objective reality separate from temporal power which comes from Christianity's radical critique of tradition and the nature of power.
This is exactly why the Chinese are smarter yet were behind us. In the Orient, the Leader dictates reality, and only careless people would try to contradict him. In the Christian West, as powerful as the King might be, he's a man.
>>
File: bingo.png (99 KB, 1124x835) Image search: [Google]
bingo.png
99 KB, 1124x835
>>74926547
>>
>>74926547
that's not what science tells us, that's what romanticized pop-science (aka religion for the secular age) tells us. and realistically, religion is correct in this image.
>>
>>74926547
/pol/ i'm fucking scared

i am only my memories. without it, we are all nothing.

i cant recall anything before birth. this for me is evidence enough that once we hit the dirt, it's over. the experience is done. i am mortally afraid of this fact. please help me /pol/! tell me im wrong!
>>
>>74927351
Great post.
>>
File: 1458532527013.png (272 KB, 630x607) Image search: [Google]
1458532527013.png
272 KB, 630x607
>>74926547
How does my personal belief, that I keep private, make me "Part of the problem"?

Also, you seem to be sounding kinda like pic related
>>
>>74926785
And YOU have been sent strong delusion because you worship pharisees above God.
>>
>>74927401
I remember something before I was born. No use for details, also I was born dead.

God is real m8
>>
>>74926547
depends on what you mean by damaging. The one on the right is far more damaging to society because it creates a sense of entitlement and belief that one is always special and deserves special treatment for just existing. The one on the left is only damaging if you are too mentally weak to accept criticism and try to improve yourself from that input, in which case you most likely wont be able to continue your gene pool, assuming you survive to finish puberty
>>
>>74927351
I'm a dumbfuck leaf, can you just summarize what happened? Please?
>>
>>74927537
Please tell me!
>>
If you're an atheist because it makes you feel better about yourself, you're part of the problem
>>
>>74927191
You're gifted with free will, you can believe in whatever delusion you wish.
>>
>>74927611
Yeah, same here. I also remember something from before I was born. Allah is real m8.
>>
File: 1460556305399.gif (791 KB, 360x203) Image search: [Google]
1460556305399.gif
791 KB, 360x203
>>74926547
>actually caring if someone is religious
>>
>>74926547
>Full of wonder
According to what standard?
>Intelligent
>Beautiful
Horseshit, there's no hard science paper on beauty.
>Curious
>Strong
>Full of potential
>>
>>74927600
Christian monks painstakingly transcribed any and all texts they could find to prevent them being lost to rampaging barbarians. They are the sole reason Europe was able to have an Enlightenment.
>>
File: religion-JesusSaves.jpg (51 KB, 804x487) Image search: [Google]
religion-JesusSaves.jpg
51 KB, 804x487
>>74927743
I have cancer and I cannot have euthanasia due to religious zealots. I will forget about religion when those assholes leave *me* alone.
>>
File: IMG_20160428_231221.jpg (245 KB, 1024x774) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160428_231221.jpg
245 KB, 1024x774
>>74926547
One would need evidence that God does not exist in order to not believe
As for your picture meme- God thinks everyone is perfect and he loves you and everyone. But just because you're perfect that doesn't mean you shouldn't try to improve.
P.S. Trump is the second coming ;)
>>
>>74927715
Can you please tell me? at what point did you remember this memory?
>>
>>74926547
Science doesn't say any of those things

A scientist might say some of those things.

Another scientist might disagree those things.

And it would just be their opinions.

Science itself doesn't say anything like that.
>>
>>74927968
>One would need evidence that God does not exist in order to not believe
No you need evidence in order to know something not believe something you retard. It's called gnosticism. You can believe whatever the fuck you want. However you can prove that Abrahamic God does not exist if that makes you feel better.
>>
From an entirely objective stand point ignorance shouldn't be allowed. Should you impede your own ability to learn or even worse someone else's your punishment should be death.
>>
>>74927940
do something kek-worthy that will result in your death

something like false flag a community you hate by doing a horribly violent act in the name of that community.
>>
The vast majority of people are worthless and hold no potential whatsoever. You don't have a special destiny, your existence is trivial, if you died today nothing would change and even your family would stop caring after a few days. The visual kike tries to make believe to kids that every single one of them is a special snowflake, that they'll become models or rockstars. They won't.
>>
>>74927968
Blasphemy.
>>
>>74927355
>What is the divine right of kings
>>
>>74928182
You are still denying all possibility of a divine being existing. A divine being very well could exist.
>>
>>74926547
>Don't stop believen

>current year
>still can't prove it exists

He could just shout from heaven "i'm still here you incompetent faggots" and i'll instantly believe there is one, but i won't worship him
>>
>>74926547
You're on 4chan. Which list looks right to you?
>>
>>74926547
Which do you think is more realistic?
>>
>>74927262

Why not? I'm likely headed southward bound myself, but I don't pretend to not know the consequences of my actions, unlike leftists who will still demand proof of Hell even if they were burning in agony with demons all around them.

I'm an asshole, but I don't pretend to be smarter than my creator, nor do I believe that mere knowledge leads to salvation.
>>
File: wo1_500.gif (493 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
wo1_500.gif
493 KB, 500x275
>implying not everyone here is god
>>
>>74928585
Exactly.
That's why Im agnostic and not atheist, not thatit makes that much of a difference
>>
File: pepe-the-frog-meme-15.jpg (314 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
pepe-the-frog-meme-15.jpg
314 KB, 1600x1200
>>74927324
>Albeit much less than when I was a young sinless kid
tfw
>>
>>74929372
You should be a Christian.

>>74929110
The way you are thinking right now is the opposite of what you should be thinking considering what you believe. Knowledge of the truth is necessary and leads to it, the only way. People deny this truth.
>>
144,000 is very close to the actual number of christians living in israel atm.
>>
>>74926547
>In this current day and age, why do people still believen god?
https://youtube.com/watch?v=A0iDNLxmWVM
Also first 30 minutes of this:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=Z0tyVdnIU9A
>>
>>74926547
Because I am broken, flawed, sinful, dumb, weak and nothing.
>>
>>74926547
Entire picture is a load of shit. Wasn't surprised when I saw the Facebook link at the bottom.
>>
>>74930698
Eh, would I be happier believing lies?
I didn't like what I got from judaism and some of what I've learned of the old testement, and I dont see how christianity and the new testement being any different.
I rather study buddhism and meditate
>>
File: gods power.jpg (20 KB, 424x417) Image search: [Google]
gods power.jpg
20 KB, 424x417
>>
>>74932966
Yeah well, Newton also spent a good deal of his life trying to use a philosopher's stone to turn lead into gold. Weak appeal to authority argument.
>>
>>74933004
Because God expects us to have faith, and not be petulant children who won't believe unless he does more magic tricks for us.
>>
File: thanksjesus.jpg (175 KB, 1000x710) Image search: [Google]
thanksjesus.jpg
175 KB, 1000x710
>>
File: God Answers Prayers.png (188 KB, 328x390) Image search: [Google]
God Answers Prayers.png
188 KB, 328x390
>>74933152
God to starving child: "I could make sure you have food but I've decided not to perform any more magic tricks. Stop complaining and slowly starve to death you ungrateful brat!"
>>
>>74926547
Science and Religion should be swapped in pic related.
'Kill yourself save the earth'
>>
>>74926547
because there must be something metaphysical that laid the foundation for everything in existence? still got more stupid questions?

you dumb fucking fedora prick.
>>
>>74933248

Romans 6:23
>>
>>74932966
Are we posting based and important minds that advanced our knowledge of the universe while believing in God?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonhard_Euler#Personal_philosophy_and_religious_beliefs
>>
>>74926547
But you're a single hairless monkey among billions on a floating rock orbiting one burning ball of gas among countless.
>>
>>74933120
Are you seriously questioning Newton's conttibutions to science?
>>
>>74933341

>So says the monkey to the other monkeys
>>
File: Z jidf 2.png (612 KB, 891x849) Image search: [Google]
Z jidf 2.png
612 KB, 891x849
>>74926785
>"uh religion is bad goyim! religious people are the dumbest of the goyim!"
>posts from a country that literally has a religious symbol as its flag
>>
it gives me strength :^)
>>
>>74933467
>Nobody realised this til now
Fuck.We are getting shilled arent we?
>>
>>74926547
Because accepting the fact that one we die we go nowhere its really hard to accept.
>>
>>74932966
>Said in a time where atheism could get you killed
>>
>>74926547
shit image senpai, on two different fronts
1) the religion side is right
2) if you were paying any attention to science you'd know that science teaches that you're a speck on a rock in a tiny corner of space that will exist for a very brief moment before you die and accomplish nothing of note
>>
>>74933549

Do you always accept things without evidence?
>>
>>74927968
>Insulting Trump by comparing him to a cuck
>>
>>74926547
>experiments have proven you are full of wonders
topkek
>>
>>74933459
I'm not denying the weakness and ignorance of the monkeys, it's the monkey that claims to be great that has a lot of explaining to do.
>>
File: Cognitive-Dissonance.png (140 KB, 700x393) Image search: [Google]
Cognitive-Dissonance.png
140 KB, 700x393
>tfw you don't actually believe in deities but you're absolutely convinced that Christian tradition was the root of racial success.
>>
>>74933430
Nice strawman chink.
>>
according to this picture...

Religion is right, science is wrong.

You're not that wonderful
You're not that intelligent
You're far from fucking beautiful
You're about as actually curious as a fucking cat who'll high-tail it the fuck out of any curious situation you might find yourself in
You're a fucking weak sack of meat
You've got as much potential as that weak sack of meat and that unintelligent mind
Religions side....
You are broken - Constant state of breaking
You are flawed - From the get go, there are things you cannot do/accomplish
You are sinful (Just look at the fucking heresy you posted)
You are dumb (see intelligence in science rant)
You are weak (no shit, you're calcium structured skeleton and thin tissue skin stand no chance against something like a fucking burning star, let alone the elements on this planet)
You are nothing. Now you're starting to get somewhere. You're nothing. You're a sacrafice to something, something greater than you and all of you combined (with myself being in this).

OP - Science was supposed to help you understand reality more. Not become fucking delusional beast.

One thing Religion (i'll call it Spirituality) has given me. Hope. The only thing to get my ass out of the morning. Hope i can make it better for something/someone else. Hope I can sacrafice this time to make the infinite factors of the universe a little more positive in the end.

What the hell do you have?
>>
>>74933670

Why so? You're just an ordinary monkey so why should you be right anyway?
>>
>>74930698
I like you.
>>
Why are Gaytheists so cringy?
>>
>>74933726
My purpose in life is to remind you to keep telling yourself that, otherwise you'll end up like me.
>>
>>74933753
A special monkey is like a fragrant skunk.
>>
>>74926547
Most religion I know of teaches both the right and left columns. Even Science will tell you that humans are most of the things on the left. Besides, this image just reaffirms that something will always take the place of religion, in this case Science.

>>74927191
So what if they aren't true? It's a tool that serves a purpose well. Like any tool, it can be used morally or immorally, but the tool itself is neither.
>>
File: 10 feet closer 2.jpg (60 KB, 482x457) Image search: [Google]
10 feet closer 2.jpg
60 KB, 482x457
>>
>>74933792

Anyone can be saved, my m8

Just read the Gospel with a calm heart
>>
File: jesus says.jpg (705 KB, 800x7200) Image search: [Google]
jesus says.jpg
705 KB, 800x7200
>>
>>74926547
>nothing
That should be on the science side you fucking retard, even with all that shit on science it all falls into your fucking nothing, whether you lived smart or a fool to science at the end when you die your were nothing as if you never existed. In religion you start out as nothing, as a sinner, weak, and flawed, but it commands that you move to perfection.

Hebrews 6:1
Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

Religion gives me a goal science gives me vanity.
>>
>>74933799

An ordinary monkey should shut the fuck up, by your standard

We're mostly stupid, no one knows anything, and we're just ordinary animals
>>
>>74933857
There's nothing to be saved from.
God's existence doesn't seem to have any meaning either.
>>
>>74926547
You cannot run a civilization entirely with empirical thought and reason. You will fail, as Leftists did during the 20th century. Humans are irrational creatures and need, therefore, spiritual guidance.
>>
>>74933851
Some religious people are cunts, what's the point of this picture?
>>
>>74933946

Looks can be deceiving

Do you even believe in meaning?
>>
>>74933939
And mute the birds?
>>
>>74934006
It's funny and religious people don't base their beliefs on facts
>>
>>74928187
Used to say that to fucks in highschool who always tried to cause a ruckus in class.
(inb4 teacher's pet, I sat at the back of the class and kept my eye on everyone of you fuckers)

"You have the right to destroy your education. You have all the right to refuse to learn. To interrupt and prevent my education, my learning, this right you do not have."
>>
>>74933948
The belief that human beings can never do anything that hasn't been done before is a sad cynical point of view.
>>
>>74934069

Sorry m8?
>>
>>74934107
Except it was already tried and failed miserably. Name one atheist country that has succeeded. So far the only atheist country remotely successful is Japan, which is slowly rotting away with the worst case of demographic decay ever and economic contractions.
>>
>>74926547
Religious people are humble, atheists are special snow-flakes full of themselves. Good pic.
>>
File: jean-baudrillard.jpg (60 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
jean-baudrillard.jpg
60 KB, 850x400
>>74934054
No.
I believe in memeing.
>>
File: 1462780072046.jpg (126 KB, 480x608) Image search: [Google]
1462780072046.jpg
126 KB, 480x608
>>74927401
>>
>>74934249
Taking pride in humility are we?
Don't think God sees that, do you?
Tell me more.
>>
>>74927326

its ALL CHEMICALS in your brain! GOD ISNT REAL
STUPID THEIST SCRUM

Your the reason we arent EXPLORING THE GALAXY RIGHT NOW.
>>
>>74934259

>pic

Sounds like self-refuting non-sense
>>
>>74934208
Monkeys have every much a right to squawk as birds, usually with as much of an impact.
>>
>>74934343
I don't identify as a religious person, so no. :)
>>
>>74934221
Imagine if the Wright brothers had your point of view. "You think people can fly, but it's already been tried and failed. Name one person who has been able to fly! We already know it can't work."
>>
>>74934351
Looks can be deceiving.
>>
>>74933792

I remind myself every morning.
It is the 'I' that wants. It is my creature to just be and do it.

(Absolutely no idea how to word what it is that is trying to be said here, something along the lines of - Remove the Ego)
>>
>>74934353

That's pretty cool mate. You studying literature?
>>
>>74934346
And we're the reason you're not living in caves anymore.
Funny huh?
>>
>>74934452

In this case, logically, they aren't. It's a self-refuting worldview
>>
>>74928565
Bullshit invented to inflate the ego of kings that resulted in irresponsibility.
The French Revolution was a direct consequence of this shit.
>>
>>74934427
Ya except your failure will kill millions of people for no reason.
>>
>>74934524
If you're smart, you'll always be humble. You can learn all you want, but there'll always be somebody who's never read a book who'll know twice what you know. David Duchovny
>>
I believe in God, I don't practise any thing, I hardly go to church, last time I went was Easter, before then Christmas I think. Stopped praying slowly just due to forgetting to do it before going to bed, now I don't pray anymore. The only reason i would pray is maybe if someone else had fallen ill with a possible chance of death.

Other than that, if you watched my day to day life, you wouldn't think I'm religious.

I just think it's good to believe in something at least to keep you hopeful for when your time comes, instead of thinking you'll seep into darkness for eternity maybe there is some sort of afterlife / paradise / endless dream (likely cause DMT and all that)
>>
>>74934346

>not taking existencial trips through the cosmic infinity that is the mind

Why do you need to take your physical body with you anon? Are you still so attached to ego?
>>
>>74934487
You probably don't see the inherent irony in both what I said and the sense of humor it takes for me to say it, because you are only concerned with your own point of view.
>>
>>74934625

Have you ever read CS Lewis?
>>
>>74927191
>Just because you feel something does not make it real.

You know you just prove his point, right?
>>
>>74934559
Logic is metaphysics.

Metaphysics is memes.

Hence the joke about it being a paraphrasing of Ecclesiastes.
>>
>>74926547
According to Science you are none of those things, fuck off.
>>
>>74932656
You would be happier believing the truth.
>>
>>74934669
“For me the real evil of masturbation would be that it takes an appetite which, in lawful use, leads the individual out of himself to complete (and correct) his own personality in that of another (and finally in children and even grandchildren) and turns it back; sends the man back into the prison of himself, there to keep a harem of imaginary brides."
>>
>>74934646
Like a plane over my head, however the ringing of it's engines in my ears comes after I even noticed it.
My bad anon.
>>
File: meme magic.jpg (292 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
meme magic.jpg
292 KB, 720x1280
>pray muhammad, jesus, god or allah
>nothing happens
>pray kek and pepe inbetween a cuck thread and a shitpost from the comfort of your room
>plane gets crashed by a big guy near les bains with no survivors, trump wins everywhere and promises to build wall,crane falls on muslims on 9/11 anniversary, sweden becomes laughing material for decades, pepe himself descends among us and punishes turkroaches

REPENT NON BELIEVERS
>>
>>74926547
More like
According to religion I am
According to science I am not
>>
>>74934737

>Says ye that while either using metaphysics or taking it on pure faith
>>
>>74934887
The simulacrum is true.
>>
>>74926547
According to science you are just a bio machine with no free will whose existence is a mere coincidence and has no purpose but to reproduce itself.
>>
If you place your hands into man kind, you are part of the problem.
>>
>>74934830

Fucking love that guy :^)
>>
>>74934905

Just because you have faith it's true?
>>
>>74934346
So is seeing. Seeing is not real. That is what your argument boils down to. Jaden Smith tier.
>>
>>74926896
Why is the idea of God so stupid? How can you say that with any conviction at all?
>>
File: guilttrip.jpg (53 KB, 550x440) Image search: [Google]
guilttrip.jpg
53 KB, 550x440
>>74934974
I have faith it's true because that's how it appears to be.
>>
>>74935000
Actually, seeing is an photoelectric process, storing the info we gather requires the chemical response tho.
>>
>>74935000
Nice trips, but I don't have the time to go into a "whoa man that's real deep" conversation, nor do I know where to start.

Jaden Smith raised a good point, but it goes into an allegory of the cave kinda thing.
>>
>>74926547
>In this day and age
CURRENT YEAR!
>>
>>74926547
>reject religion because of stupid irrational dogma
>in probably the same sentence probably claim all humans are equal and there is only the human race
So many people to kill. The Machinegod can't be born soon enough.
We'll need quite the cleansing before being interstellar-worthy.
>>
>>74927401
If you were to this second be spirited away and go on a long journey and then brought back to where you are now same time and place, and your memory of the incident was wiped, your experience would effectively be that as if you'd never gone on the journey.

Given that we are experiencing this right now I'm led to believe we aren't to forget this journey. But what do I know.

The best we can do is have hope. It's the one thing that keeps me sane in this matter.
>>
>>74935053

That's a psychological description for why you personally believe in it

Can you logically justify it? Or do you believe it without any evidence
>>
File: who are jews.jpg (106 KB, 599x549) Image search: [Google]
who are jews.jpg
106 KB, 599x549
>>74926547
>Hover over OP's ID
>One post

everytime

But for the sake of the thread
Jews are promoting atheism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkVC1gZInxQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0LhabQJ_-w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NQOnjswuFI

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_atheism
http://www.haaretz.com/jewish/the-jewish-thinker/.premium-1.669381
http://www.shj.org/
http://www.myjewishlearning.com/article/secular-humanistic-judaism-rejecting-god/
http://www.myjewishlearning.com/article/must-a-jew-believe-in-god/
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/23/atheist-jews-judaism-without-god_n_978418.html
http://thehumanist.com/magazine/september-october-2014/humanist-living/jewish-atheists-and-koufax-jews
https://secularpolicyinstitute.net/numbers-the-rise-of-jewish-atheists/
>>
>>74926547
>In this current day and age, why do people still believen god?
Nobody here actually does. They just pretend to because they think it will make them a better Nazi or something.
>>
File: Best president fucking ever.jpg (702 KB, 1500x1125) Image search: [Google]
Best president fucking ever.jpg
702 KB, 1500x1125
>>74935227
Why the fuck do you give a shit? I don't understand atheists and their bullshit. People say we cram shit down other's throats, but I've never seen that. I only see atheists cramming their idiocy down peoples throats. If something makes someone happy, let them be fucking happy.
>>
>>74935389

Why? My worldview is not compatible with theirs, why should I tolerate it?

Not to mention believing the only truth is that there is no truth is the definition of insanity
>>
>>74935389

And I'm a Christian myself
>>
>>74935227
This is irrelevant, but...

I had an experience lately that sorted out everything for me. It really put everything into perspective.

Unfortunately, it's impossible to encapsulate in a way that others can see it.

As a result, I now find it impossible to take anyone or anything seriously anymore.

It would seem I am living proof of the statement, "don't open your mind so much that your brain falls out." It all makes complete sense to me, but I sound absolutely insane to others, and that's discouraging.

I wish you luck in establishing that our lives have memeing.
>>
>>74935315
Prove it
>>
File: True facts.png (875 KB, 1023x800) Image search: [Google]
True facts.png
875 KB, 1023x800
>>74935488
You don't have to tolerate someone else's beliefs. But what makes us different from them is that we have the most tolerance.
>>
>>74935703

>I wish you luck in establishing that our lives have memeing

I can show you that's it's absurd to believe otherwise

It's just a matter of how much you care about being sane and logically consistent
>>
>>74935874

*meaning

:^)
>>
Jesus died 2016 years ago for your freedom
>>
>>74935796

The only tolerance I have is from the pacifism that is inherent in my religion

I just have to follow different rules (than let's say Muslims) to eliminating sin in myself and others
>>
>>74926547

easily science, you are flawed, broken, sinful, stupid, weak, and inconsequential, objectively so, we all are in fact. There is nothing wrong with that unless you do nothing to improve.
>>
To preface, I'm an atheist and don't think about faith very much.

But I think there's some merit to the argument that people will replace religion with other things in its absence.

Not all religious people are like the villains in Jew movies. I think most just have their faith for motivation, community, and positive thinking. I go on "alt-right" websites daily, think and talk about politics and current events constantly. I get motivation from a desire to keep my race and country alive. I get community from /pol/ and other places. I get positive thinking from... uh, memes I guess. It's almost like what I imagine a religion is to a religious person.

It's obvious to anyone that people like OP are younger and feel they are part of a counterculture or something. Religion is clearly not the source of the world's problems and conflicts, that's a ridiculous concept. If it were the case, there wouldn't be city-wide riots after sports games.
>>
>>74935983
What type of Christian are you.
>>
>>74926547
Because religion still gives people a legitimate reason other than 'I might get caught' to not steal/kill/murder/lie

You cannot honestly disagree with this
>>
>>74936095
I meant to put a ? but too late now.
>>
File: the Talos Principle.jpg (53 KB, 348x299) Image search: [Google]
the Talos Principle.jpg
53 KB, 348x299
>>74935874
I don't care about being "sane".
In fact I'm certain that it's "group delusional disorder".

In order to establish "logical consistency" I would have to literally be able to send the whole concept in one encapsulated instant telepathically, and I'm quite sure you'd go, "oh!".

But because I can't do that, I get to live with the grief of being aware of how delusional I appear to others.

And that's okay, because I don't even desire to have this conversation anymore.

Therefore, you're right.

God exists.
>>
>>74926547
The science one is more damaging as it creates narcissistic hedonistic special snowflakes who lack humility and self-restraint
>>
>>74936095

I'm Eastern European and I was born Orthodox

But I take a Western rationalist approach to it, which is why I mentioned CS Lewis
>>
>>74926547
That is a false dichotomy. It appears to me, and correct me if I am wrong, but the way a family treats their children, or in what environment the child was raised in, seems to have an effect on the way they turn out. Some forms of abuse have been shown to lower the IQ of the child. Not having a father figure, or having a step father around, has been shown to cause issues for both male and females. For males the lack of a father figure means that they don't know how to be a man. They lack the necessary interactions that a normal child gets. For females they are missing their first experience of male interaction. The dad is a girls first male relationship, and without it the female is needy of attention and doesn't know what a good man is, thus being a bad judge of character.

Now that being said, do you now think that how a child turns out is going to be any different between atheists and religious families? I mean, atheists are more likely to be liberal and to be okay with single mothers at least despite the consequences of growing up in a single parent household (single mother or father). Religious people have a more structured family but are more likely to spank or even beat their children. And bad temper is to be found in both religious and atheist households, so any parent can yell at their child. Any parent is susceptible to drug and alcohol abuse. Many parents these days fail to actually raise and educate their children, choosing their careers instead and leaving their child at day care, or in the care of another mother. Children with the same symptoms as a child abandoned by their parent will not end up outstanding citizens.

See for yourself, take this, it's an ACE test. It scores on a level of a 0 to 10 scale, based on ten questions asking if you were subjected to any forms of adverse childhood experiences, which are ones that are going to affect your development, they may cost you potential IQ points. And for your own senpai, do peaceful parenting.
>>
but science says im predictable, completely average, more often wrong than right, and i hit my potential four years ago.
>>
>>74926547
According to religion you should live and strive to better yourself and the world around you all your life.
According to atheism you're already perfect, dude. Just enjoy your life while it lasts since it's completely pointless anyway. #YOLO
>>
>>74936232
Oh ok. Just curious. Well I don't like atheists either . Since they worry and look for the dumbest excuses and why they need to tell us every 5 seconds that they are atheists. But I just except the fact they are wrong and move past it.
>>
>>74936270
For the last paragraph which I had to cut short here is the link:

http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2015/03/02/387007941/take-the-ace-quiz-and-learn-what-it-does-and-doesnt-mean
>>
>>74936156

>I don't care about being "sane".
>In fact I'm certain that it's "group delusional disorder".

According to psychological """"""scientists"""""" :^)

>In order to establish "logical consistency" I would have to literally be able to send the whole concept in one encapsulated instant telepathically, and I'm quite sure you'd go, "oh!".

Oh, what do you mean?

>But because I can't do that, I get to live with the grief of being aware of how delusional I appear to others.

You can do much with just your mind
>>
>>74936369

New Atheists are the worst. They used to be able to keep to themselves before this movement

But at least they makes arguing on the internet more interesting
>>
>>74926547
Enjoy extinction, cuck.
>>
>>74936533
Yeah. Especially those tumblr kids who really have no idea what the movement is really about.
>>
>>74926547
Science.

The assumption that man is a god is the most damaging thing.
>>
>>74936533

The movement is basically the same as Soviet Union atheism, with basically the same origins
>>
>>74936270
>>74936381
I'm 31 years old.
I have an ACE score of 7.
I have an IQ of 138 according to a WAIS-IV battery administered 2 years ago, but I'm a pessimistic underachiever.

It must be the pessimism that keeps me from realizing that God exists because Christianity turns people into millionaires.
>>
Religion (at least christianity) leads to morality

Drifting from religion you also drift from morality
>>
Why is this still a thing ? Why don't we work together to actually create a better world, rather than making it stalled by this endless debate ? You can't either prove or dissaprove God's existance, so stop being an entitled prick who thinks he's right about everything.
Also, I don't care if someone is Christian, has homophobic and racist points of view, as long as he doesn't do any harm to the other people, I'm fine with that.
>>
File: chimpanzee1.jpg (157 KB, 1000x675) Image search: [Google]
chimpanzee1.jpg
157 KB, 1000x675
>>74936406
>According to psychological """"""scientists""""""
That's the point, anon. Psychology is meme magic too.

>Oh, what do you mean?
Exactly what I said?

>You can do much with just your mind
I'd have to start taking notes, writing a journal, and building a stack of research notes to start a library, but then I'd just end up doing the same thing that countless philosophers have been doing for centuries, just to produce the same arguments that already exist, because I can't encapsulate it verbally.
>>
>>74937042
Fucking thank you.
>>
>>74926547
>2016
>not believing in our Celestial goddess
>not praising the sun every twilight
>not writing regular letters to the Sun in the hope that she'll one day write back
>not studying your ass off every day for the chance to be worthy of being called her faithful student
>not trying to teach her autistic sister how to be normal
Your ignorance can only last so long.
>>
>>74937047

>I'd have to start taking notes, writing a journal, and building a stack of research notes to start a library, but then I'd just end up doing the same thing that countless philosophers have been doing for centuries, just to produce the same arguments that already exist, because I can't encapsulate it verbally.

You don't really have to be that creative to be intelligent anon

I just "parrot" what this guy said but using my own words for the same arguments

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_reason

If there is such a thing as absolute truths then it should follow that one only has a limited set of fundamental ideas to go by
>>
>>74936849
>7
Ouch, ice cold man.

And if you had a perfect childhood, or even a less abusive childhood, you would have been well above the genius level, and your dopamine system would be functioning normally and you would have a normal ambition. You should be angry at your family, but you got good genes. Try to find success and start a family, and raise them right so your genetic line has success down the line. We really need it, there are not a lot of quality people currently inhabiting this world. Do a trade school and become a welder if that is all you can do, that would be enough income to start a proper family. You don't need a great degree, you have the high IQ genetics so your kids will do that when you raise them right. So don't hurt your children, don't neglect them or leave them alone or with a sitter for too long. Basically try to make their childhood a 0 ACE score.
>>
File: 62907-004-1A564BE8.gif (12 KB, 467x431) Image search: [Google]
62907-004-1A564BE8.gif
12 KB, 467x431
>>74937265
>absolute truths
You're never going to build an accurate model of analogue reality in a digital construct.
>>
>God did not invent religion you retard he created man......atheists are just confused degenerates who don't know what to believe.
>>
>>74937517

>digital vs analogue reality

You're saying that just after having watched some documentaries on quantum physics?

Even they don't understand how to interpret what they're doing
>>
>>74937622
>the "no one understands quantum mechanics" meme
Yes they do.
>>
>>74937682

source?
>>
>>74926547
My reply is to the picture. My answer is the second one. Why? Because the second one teaches you that you can do what ever you want, withouth fear of consequences. It teaches you to do things that you know you can't do but you do them because you can. And when you fail those things you don't blame yourself, but you blame others for rigging (patriarchy, racism...) those things so that you would fail.

Religion teaches you to be humble to respect all people, and to do things you can do not things you can't do. Be a person who adds something to socity not someone who blames other people for his own shortcomings.
>>
File: what the shit.jpg (24 KB, 289x318) Image search: [Google]
what the shit.jpg
24 KB, 289x318
>>74937622
>You're saying that just after having watched some documentaries on quantum physics?
No.

Let me give you a word of advice.

Attacking science, rationality, and reason will never, ever prove that there is an eternal ghost lurking over a universe of his own creation and becoming frustrated with the irony inherent to it, nor will that ever stop me from looking at the notion of deities altogether like
>pic related
>>
>>74926547
Is the whole religion vs science a American meme? "I-if you're religious you can't understand/learn chemistry b-b-because science xD". I honestly never understood it.
>>
>>74937979

So what if it's ironical and it makes you recalcitrant at the thought of it

Doesn't mean it's not true

Also science (the scientific method) =! rationality & reason (logic)
>>
>>74937776
If people can predict a thing accurately, then they understand it. Heisenberg and Born were the first to start making consistently accurate predictions. Every since then, the bottleneck has always been either (1) the underdevelopment of mathematics or (2) the inability to experiment at the extreme scales necessary. The current model (the "Standard Model") of particle physics has been unchanged since the 1970s, and since then all that's really happened of significance is that people were finally able to get the money and technology necessary to demonstrate its correctness.
>>
>>74937529
There is no good evidence to support the existence of a god. Nor is there any good evidence against it.

There is however large masses of evidence that humans are able to make up stories about mythical creatures, supernatural events and omnipotent beings.
This we know. Countless of which have been disproven and probably countless that came and went as the belivers died out.

Is it really that far fetched to think that the christian god is just one more thing that falls into this category?
>>
>>74938118
It is.

It's the response to Young Earth Creationism, and their attempts to reign in all of Christianity under their view that science is a deception of Satan to pull souls away from Christ.
>>
>>74938155
>Doesn't mean it's not true
Correct, but irrelevant.
That alone is not sufficient justification to believe it.
>>
>>74926547
>be me
>therapist thinks I'm trans
>I say that's bullshit because I have a Y Chromosome and a male cannot become a female
>cut her off and self med pimozide
>>
The one on the right by far. The "I'm a special snowflake" meme is why boomers, X gen, and millennials are such degenerates.

>Psychology
>science
lol, not on my watch.

http://www.nature.com/news/over-half-of-psychology-studies-fail-reproducibility-test-1.18248
>>
File: 14624667403416541.jpg (25 KB, 480x600) Image search: [Google]
14624667403416541.jpg
25 KB, 480x600
>>74938186

>If people can predict a thing accurately, then they understand it.

>The bottleneck has always been either (1) the underdevelopment of mathematics or (2) the inability to experiment at the extreme scales necessary.

Nigga say what?
>>
>>74938214

>There is no good evidence to support the existence of a god. Nor is there any good evidence against it.

So where are those modern thinkers dismissing the claims of divine conservation? Or even assessing them?
>>
>>74938303

It's not sufficient justification to believe it's false either
>>
>>74938550
Luciferianism presents an alternative narrative to the story of creation you are promoting, and charges you with falling for deception.

One, or both of you are completely full of shit.

Islam says both of you are.

Buddhism says, "just do whatever keeps you busy."

I think Buddha is onto something.
>>
>>74938515
Physics is about modeling parts of the universe. Those models are mathematical models. Sometimes people don't understand the math well enough to say certain things about the models, even when they have a good mathematical model. Physics also requires testing those models. Sometimes those tests require very advanced technology because the predicted phenomenon are invisible at human scales. Sometimes technology isn't sufficiently advanced to carry out those tests.

I honestly don't know what part you're objecting to. Is it really so hard to believe that math isn't perfectly well understood, or that technology can't do everything yet?
>>
>>74938784

You think or you know?
>>
>>74938847
Why do you keep insisting that I need to know anything to suspect it?
>>
>>74938236
Aren't young earth creationist a minority? Is this like a straw man that people use over there against religious people?
>>
File: 1460122853427.png (7 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
1460122853427.png
7 KB, 420x420
>all this american damage control
Every time

The indoctrination back in burgerland seems to be quite effective. You people do not even question your faith since you've been taught that questions are dangerous. In internet the only defense you have is "HURR LE FEDORA TIP XDD" and nothing else.
>>
>>74938938
Yeah, sorta.

It's kind of like the strawman that Atheists are all degenerates who are hiding from having to admit to sin.

We're all a bunch of cucks for our ideals.
>>
>>74938827

>Physics is about modeling parts of the universe. Those models are mathematical models. Sometimes people don't understand the math well enough to say certain things about the models, even when they have a good mathematical model.

Just because they understand them enough to run predictions, doesn't mean they understand (or care to understand) what they mean

>I honestly don't know what part you're objecting to. Is it really so hard to believe that math isn't perfectly well understood, or that technology can't do everything yet?

It's perfectly understood to run predictions (to different degrees or accuracy), nothing more nothing less

Science is descriptive, not explicative (explain the purpose and meaning behind things)
>>
>>74938938
Much bigger minority in America but yeah, it is a minority position.
>>
>>74938891

Why are you insinuating I give a shit what you do and don't suspect?

Gimmie a reason, an argument or an experiment
>>
File: 1449092457554.jpg (583 KB, 1488x1211) Image search: [Google]
1449092457554.jpg
583 KB, 1488x1211
>>74934842
Fucking this. Meme magic is the only true religion.
>>
>>74939129
>God exists.
>Prove it.
>Prove me wrong.
>No.
>Then God exists until you demonstrate otherwise.
>K... KEEP ME POSTED
>>
>>74936113
>religion gives people empathy, the very essence of why humans have lived together always and the primary reason for our society.
Nigger psychopaths are people who lack empathy, that has nothing to do with religion. Are you just fucking retarded?
>>
File: IT NEVER ENDS.jpg (2 MB, 2700x6826) Image search: [Google]
IT NEVER ENDS.jpg
2 MB, 2700x6826
Posting the current running debate on the matter.
>>
File: 1463062185383.jpg (45 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
1463062185383.jpg
45 KB, 409x409
>>74939189

I'm not the one who demands proof and completely disregards faith in his worldview
>>
>>74926547
Because he exists and is pretty great senfam.
>>
Funny how religious especially christian societies advanced the most.
>>
>>74926547
Sounds like science is just for SJWs

>you're a special snowflake!
>the universe OWES you things!
>you can do whatever you want!
>you have no limits or consequences!

The irony is that it's religion that gives most people a chance to be something better. But humanism+ fags think we should just be hedonistic fucks and get someone else to pay for it.

P.S. We ARE flawed. Anyone who denies this is clearly not a fan of actual science, and probably was educated entirely by IFL Facebook posts. Also, the bible says we were made in God's image, so while Christians may claim to be beneath God, they believe that they all have the potential for good and greatness. But they have to sacrifice to achieve those things.
>>
>>74934842
/pol/ is a board of peace.
Trolls are a minority of users, and their actions are not condoned by the FAQ.
The majority of users are moderates.
Kek (pbuh) forbids us to bring harm to those who are not innocent.
>>
>>74926547
It's a historical artifact, religion has strong components to it which encourage it being passed through generations which is why it still exists today.

But it's going away quite fast, in the UK we're increasing non-belief about 1% point per year, the 2001 census put the non-religious at about 15% and the 2011 census put them at about 25% which is a 10% increase in 10 years.

Also if you look at a breakdown of religious belief by age what you find is a very linear correlation of increased belief vs increased age bracket. So the oldest people closest to death are highly religous, the middle aged people less and children today only have about 60% non-belief.

Using this information we can infer that not only do we have a 1% increase in non religious per year, but that it will stay at that rate or increase.

And as the number of atheists grow it becomes harder and harder to maintain belief in something irrational like god. The sheeple effect that most people just follow current trends will rapidly eliminate religion when it gets past the 50% mark, that's probably about 2 decades away now.
>>
>>74939289
I'm not the one trying to stop you from pretending faith is anything more than a vague justification to pretend that belief is proof of anything.
>>
>>74926547
>broken, flawed, sinful, dumb, weak and nothing
>but God still loves you
Yeah I think bullshitting a kid how he's wonderful even if he's not is actually more damaging when he finds out none of the compliments were true and even if there was a true one, he won't know which one was true.
>>
Religion is pure evidence of a group's power of indoctrination, and shows the desire of people in a just and fair world. Religion provides a lot that people wish for in live: a strong community feeling, hope, safety and security. Some of the religious probably know it's not all true, but they rather still believe because it makes them "FEEL" good.

That's honestly religion in a nutshell: feelings and emotion, fuck rationalism and facts.
>>
>>74939566

Christianity is the main religion decreasing. Islam is gaining more pace than secularism as we speak
>>
>>74939566
It's okay UK, while there will be less Christians in UK, you'll still have muslims.
>>
>>74939777

That may be the hierarchy of a top down christian theocracy, but the spirituality of religion is much more than what your straw man portrays.
>>
>>74939680

Then why should you have faith in your worldview?
>>
>>74927191
Both science and god have failed the poor, the paraplegic, the oppressed, the criminals and so many more. At least with God, once you die, you can live eternally.
>>
>>74939843
I don't have any beliefs, but I do have many suspicions.
>>
>>74939886

Do you believe in any of those suspicions?
>>
>>74939837
I merely talked about what you said, I didn't mention spiritualism or deism. I'm agnostic when it comes to the existence of a God itself, but i'm 100% athiest about religion otherwise.

Perhaps you could provide some counterarguments instead of accusing mine of strawmen?
>>
>>74940023

If you convert to Christianity I'll fondle your cock
>>
>>74939936
I suspect you are pretending to hold the positions you claim to for the purpose of feeling euphoric because you are enlightened by your own intelligence, just like the rest of us.
>>
>>74939010
>>74939106
Got it, thanks!
>>
>>74939777

>That's honestly religion in a nutshell: feelings and emotion, fuck rationalism and facts.

I'd argue logic itself has no basis without God
>>
>>74926547
Science says none of those things
>>
>>74940127

Where is the proofs though?
>>
>>74939064
Humans imagine a purpose onto things. Nothing inherently has a purpose. By assuming a purpose to the universe, you're assuming a creator.

No one "understands" quantum mechanics by your definition, just like no one "understands" that 1+1=2. "What is the purpose of 1+1=2?" What the fuck does it matter?

Maybe you'll calm your tits when I tell you that there's more to the universe than just quantum mechanics, and the way quantum mechanics integrates with other parts isn't well understood. Does that make it sufficiently mysterious for you? Can you now stop pretending that "quantum mechanics" isn't well understood?
>>
>>74926998
>none of this is proof of Christianity being correct.
>>
>>74940230
There isn't any.
The simulacrum is true.
>>
>>74940087
That's it, I'm a #jezusmissle now!
>>
>>74940183
Explain
>>
>>74940282

>The simulacrum is true.

No it's not
>>
File: 1445291709998.jpg (285 KB, 1489x1544) Image search: [Google]
1445291709998.jpg
285 KB, 1489x1544
>>74926547
>t. shlomo goldenberg, PhDs in fedora-tipping and "environmental issues"
>>
>>74940318

Basically the wikilink here >>74937265

The axioms and the rules of logic become arbitrary and/or feels-based preferences without something absolute to back them up
>>
File: beaudrillard.jpg (257 KB, 496x542) Image search: [Google]
beaudrillard.jpg
257 KB, 496x542
>>74940337
Prove it.
>>
>>74940427

No, you
>>
>>74927351
welp on that post im out you have said everything I would have said 10/10 great post senpai
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.